Reviews of ibis Styles Port Hedland 3.5 stars

Cnr Of Lukis and McGregor Streets, 6721 Port Hedland, Australia

#5 of 7 hotels in Port Hedland

5.9

5.9

A good comfortable stay in a convenient location at a reasonable price.
    • Standard Queen Room

It's hard to avoid red dust in the Pilbara.

Ibis Styles is conveniently located on the foreshore at Port Hedland, walking distance to the aquatic centre and the yacht club. Ibis Styles has a good restaurant as well as a casual bar area. The Staff at the Ibis are friendly and helpful.

update images of rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

update images of rooms. as the room i saw online was built in the last 10 years , where as the room i was in had sprayed concrete ceiling and looked like the room was built in the 70's.

Build a new Motel
    • Standard Queen Room

The room where it was no.8 I asked for wheelchair access room, beds were uncomfortable um TV was totally nerve wrecking no movie channel when I booked it also included movie channel no internet phone didn't work I was told to use my own phone to ring for room service very uncomfortable.

Loved breakfast, toast, bacon, mushrooms, scrambled eggs um coffee apple juice, also nachos at dinner and crispy salmon and chocolate pudding absolutely great well presented also 10 out of 10 for room service and their staff. The staff were great whole time their.

Overall I’m happy with my stay & will return.
    • Standard Queen Room

Only thing I have to pick which is minor later in the evening I had no milk when I went to make a cup of tea ..

The room was very clean & the bed was so comfortable I slept well after a full on day with meetings.

View and proximity to the beach were the only thing going...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

The bathroom had stray hairs on the floor. The room had a musty smell that even an open door couldn’t clear.

View and proximity to the beach were the only thing going for it

Location of the property is superb

The rooms are dated and need a good upgrade. The shower heads also need changing. Bedside lights weren’t working. No staff available during breakfast time for assistance at dining area.

Location of the property is superb

Price was reasonable compared to other local hotels but expected more in rooms for the amount spent
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

When I queried if there was WIFI available at the hotel(for our young lad) the Manager had no idea what I was asking. It took several attempts to try to get her to understand with no success and me at my wits end. My wife had to then slowly and fully explain to her what my query was about. It almost put us off staying there. Only the price in comparison to other hotels made us choose to reserve our room. Also yes they had WIFI.

Beds were very comfortable. The views of the ocean were great as the location was beachside. Also when there was an accidental power outage caused by us we were promptly provided with a replacement room.

Great rest after a tiring drive from Broome
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Good reception;pleasant staff;clean room. I liked that my experience those reviewers who had,made adverse comments. This is a good choice for anyone

customer service upon arrival no one at counter asked to...
    • Standard Queen Room

customer service upon arrival no one at counter asked to press 9 on phone got an outside no from someone in Victoria , went to bar approached staff member to advise we are checking in and received the reply of WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TOO DO ABOUT IT , then told to go back and that she would be there soon (told us we didn't dial the 9 as she had no missed calls and was very rude , rooms were not clean at all ( I understand the area but just not clean) very outdated also considering we live remote and travelled over 6 hrs .

Overall good value for Money with only small things that need to be addressed.
    • Standard Queen Room

Some maintenance issues in the room , shower head needed a clean , lamp shade damaged( as they are cheap looking changeable shades I thought this wouldn't be an issue). Aircon unit very noisey ( as it was a mild night I was happy to open a window and tern aircon off). Dinner seemed understaffed with 2 large tables (8+)thrown into the mix. The seafood I had both mains and entree where not cooked as I feel the should have been.

Check in staff very friendly and helpful, wait staff friendly. Room comfortable and good size for money.

Served the purpose with a decent breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Wanted 3 single beds. Had to sleep in queen bed with a lady friend.

It was in a reasonable location with a bar and bottleshop attached. Close to the turtle hatchery.

Disappointed for the price we paid - $175 per room, but did enjoy spending time with friends.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

A lot of maintenance was required - overgrown gardens, dirty chairs and outdoor tables, outside doors struggled to be opened, phones did not work, fridge was wonky and when opened cut my toe. Outside area was dirty.

The location was good - across from the beach and port so a good view. Bed was comfortable.

Our stay was short but definitely not sweet we did not enjoy our stay here at all
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

The room was not very clean we entered the room and there was used shower caps on the bed room floor the bath room had not been cleaned and the air con was not working

Very disappointing! I wouldn’t recommend the Ibis Port Hedland to anyone.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room lamp shades were burnt! Coffee cup in room was very dirty. No service staff at breakfast on Sunday. Breakfast only between 6 & 8 am. Receptionist didn’t even ask us if we enjoyed our stay when we checked out. Outside chairs were very dirty. A lot of plants around hotel were either dead or dying! My overall rating for some reason calculated as a 4.2?! Is that out of 5 or 10? The only thing I had a good rating for was the location. The actual hotel was a real shocker! I would not rate it anymore than 1 out of 10 overall!!!

The location was over looking the water.

Unfortunately. We won’t be returning again.
    • Standard Queen Room

No ocean view rooms were available unfortunately. Although the lady told us we were the only check in that day. Our allocated room wasn’t clean. Red dirt in shower and hair on bedding. Moved rooms to a very loud bathroom fan and dirty floor.

great location and staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

probably due for a referb as the room had leaky taps and doors that wouldn’t close properly

fantastic location opposite cemetery beach, attentive and helpful staff, pub adjacent to reception had tasty meals and cold beer, breakfast was delivered to our room because restaurant was closed for nye public holiday- much appreciated alongside the ocean view room upgrade.

Bed was comfy.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

- No hot breakfasts on 2 of the 3 days we stayed. Orange juice was room temp = not nice.... - Dinner meals was ok but service was poor. Did not get asked for a refill drink at all. Dinner Plates were left at table for over an hour... extremely slow service - Rooms need a massive revamp. - Cold water out of shower and basin was warm not cold.. - Probably the last time I will book there as I have stayed there 3 times this year..

Bed was comfy. TV worked which is a bonus.

Not better or worse than most of the West Australian motels I've stayed in.
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms are dated and the bathroom needs to either be stripped out and replaced or some one spend some time going over the tiles with a scraper and a scrubbing brush. Its not that they were dirty it but just suffering from basic cleaning for years. Also $25 for a sandwich from the bar was a bit steep.

Very friendly staff. Dining room was good as was the included continental breakfast. Unlike the bar counter food the evening meals were cheap and very nice. The bed was clean and comfortable

Great place to stay, wonderful views and comfortable and clean rooms, nice and quiet.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Check what is included for breakfast. We had breakfast confirmed on our booking without it stating it was continental only, the hotel staff were fantastic though and allowed us to have the full breakfast due to the misunderstanding on the paperwork.

Absolutely wonderful staff, the accommodation was dated but very clean and comfortable. The pool was rated 10 out of 10 by the teen. The location to the beach was 10 out of 10 by the grandmother and overall the mum rated it fantastic. A 3 generation girl trip, this was perfect for us for the night.

Bathroom wasn't cleaned
    • Standard Queen Room

It didn't start off well with an unoccupied reception desk. The lady who was meant to check me in was outside taking photos and socialising...I only know because there was already a guest waiting for her at reception. The phone in his room wasn't working so he couldn't order room service which is why he had come out to reception and could identify her. Only that phone wasn't being picked up either. So I called the GM's number (business card was on the counter). She came in and checked me in. Then the room...I can't say I've stayed anywhere that the bathroom was that bad. I didn't venture to walk in the shower bare foot so I wore my sandals then threw them out. The mirror still had toothpaste splatters from I don't know how many guests ago. The only good thing was the spacious room and clean sheets. I will never stay here again.

Size of the room and clean sheets.

Port Hedland ibis is a joke
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Where do I start? Overall, I would rate this hotel, 2/10. My partner and I have never been to this hotel or used any of the Accorhotels before and this is an experience we will never forget. When my partner and I arrived at the hotel, we walked into the reception area with no one there to greet us but there was a note saying that the staff member would be found in the restaurant area. We walked past the reception area towards the restaurant and along the way we saw a door open to the office connected to the reception and called out “hello” too see if anyone was in there, but there was no one, someone could have just walked in and stolen anything from in there if they wanted to. We found the restaurant entry and saw the chef (I am assuming) eating before the dinner rush and advised her that we have arrived to check in, she told us to take a seat while she gets the staff member in charge of checking in. While we were waiting we could hear them speaking around the corner, the person that the chef got had walked through the restaurant with a huff and a puff of her tone she rushed in and walked straight past telling us to follow her and asking what the surname was under the booking. We did not say anything until we got to reception desk and I started by say “Hello to you as well?” – she did not have any type of customer service manner… We booked the accommodation through Booking.com and purchased the room with the breakfast included option, only to be told that breakfast was not included and that we need to purchase that separately in the restaurant the following day if we wanted to have breakfast at the hotel. Once the check in process was over, she gave us our room key and we went on our way. Where our room was located, the parking seemed as if it was designed for smaller vehicles, knowing to well that we are within the Pilbara region (where most people have large SUV vehicles rather than small cars) the parking spaces were very squashed.

The view from the room was lovely

Not nice
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Pubic hair in the shower (lots of it) used shower gel containers still in the shower. Poo down the toilet. Clearly the shower and toilet had not been cleaned. Beds were made however, the single bed in the room was unbelievablly dusty- I can only guess that the single bed hadn't been used for a while therefore was not noticed! :(

Port Hedland Getaway
    • Standard Queen Room

Limited options for breakfast if you have a food allergy. Would like to see more options for Gluten free in the menu.

Couldn't locate our room key on check in so we were upgraded and had breakfast included. Location is central, nice looking at the lights of ships out to sea at night. Rooms and premises are clean and tidy in appearance. Staff were all friendly and professional.

3.5
    Rosie the interim manager n the staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

The manager and a young (white girl) she was outright rude. We stayed for 13 days we deserved abit of respect. If you can greet your visitors your in the wrong industry

Rosie the interim manager n the staff. She made up for all the faults. Lovely lady very hospitable

Beautiful staff amazing smiles that light up your day
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

The early close of bar. Didnt finish work til llate n would have loved a glass

The manager rosie n staff are very friendly and accomodating. They make the stay excellent and you can look beyond the lil problems The beach view is amazing

Not the worst but not worth the price either.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Better care taken in the rooms. Holes in lamp shades etc.. Proper maintenance (room wise) done more often. The bathroom light didn't work, the phone didn't ring out, the bathroom was half painted? (Tiles were white/off-white & there was brown paint half up the wall).

The bed was comfy. A/C was awesome. The view from our room was beautiful (looked straight on to the beach). Room was tidy.

Disappointed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Broken light shades, fire alarm coming adrift from ceiling, hair on bathroom floor. No one answering the phone, reception unattended 3pm in afternoon, staff serving in bar couldn't hear phone.

Room was cool on arrival, bed was comfortable, linen was clean.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Over priced, run-down and in need of a good clean.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

The room was dirty - floor hadn't been swept/mopped and the windows and mirror were filthy. The outdoor furniture on the balcony was covered in dirt. The rooms are not well insulated. I could hear every noise from the people next door who were travelling with a child. I was kept awake all night by their TV and chatter.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Port Hedland getaway
    • Standard Queen Room

Mattress was abit to soft for our liking.

Friendly staff, easy check in and check out process,hotel overlooked the ocean, clean and tidy, welcome drink, nice hot shower.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

location, beds, friendly restaurant staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

empty reception on arrival. After driving over 600km and waiting for a receptionist for over 5 minutes and then approaching someone looks like a chef and asking?? If there was a bell at least.

location, beds, friendly restaurant staff

The restaurant was very nice with good service and good...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The restaurant was very nice with good service and good variety on menu. The rooms were good and beds very comfortable.

Great views friendly staff .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Problems with lights not working

location was good , staff extremely helpful

The room was clean and the service in the dining room good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The bathroom was very dated.

The room was clean and the service in the dining room good. The location was right on the beach, lovely view.

Bed was a bit hard

Bed was a bit hard

A interesting town with lots of personalities.
    • Standard Queen Room

I felt the price was high for a basic room

Close to walking tracks along the foreshore and supermarket

Ordinary
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Best available but not worth yelling about.

Good pool, good location but very basic rooms
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Bathroom could do with an upgrade

too much noise

too much noise

Served the purpose for the stay, but not value for money due to the condition of the accommodation.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The bathroom was dirty. The room was not clean and the facilities very basic for the cost.

Not too much

Everything, old ,not clean , bug infested, mould , rusted...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Everything, old ,not clean , bug infested, mould , rusted and dirty. Pool was awful too. Breakfast OK.

Leaving town and needed accommodation

Gardens needed attention

Rooms need a microwave.

Rooms need a microwave.

The room I was in needs lot of work to be done on the.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

The room I was in needs lot of work to be done on the. Bath room

The stay suited my needs and I'd be happy to stay there again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Nothing - for the price paid the service was good

Staff were very accommodating

Beds and rooms

Beds and rooms

The view only
    • Standard Queen Room

Very undated and need a good reno

The view only

Handy location

Very dated needs work

Handy location

Good for a one night stop over

Comfy bed clean room

Was not happy.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was old and furniture broken. Bathroom not clean.

Comfortable

No stair rail in pool

Comfortable

Temporary manager was extremely helpful.

Bright lights in restaurant

Temporary manager was extremely helpful. Maintenance man started our car. Laundry maid also helpful

Good enough for 1 night.
    • Standard Queen Room

Old and outdated. Not very clean. Open milk box's left in the fridge so no milk that you would trust for a cup of tea.

We check-in in a unclean room...The staff there seems fighting to each other eve their housekeeper
    • Standard Queen Room

The unclean room shouldn't release to customer

Very, very good.

All good.

All good.

nice position

nice position

Overall Ibis styles is ok for the area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Overall Ibis styles is ok for the area. Rooms are dated but clean. Restaurant food was great.

Very old, needing a lot of money spent on linen, cleaning...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Old worn and stained linen and towels.

Very old, needing a lot of money spent on linen, cleaning and upgrading rooms and surrounds. Gross.

Convenient, spacious, fine facilities

Convenient, spacious, fine facilities

Overnight stopover.
    • Standard Queen Room

Older style room but clean and comfortable. Manager friendly and professional.

We didn't try brekky came in late and left early
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (3 Adults)

Room was very old and run down and dusty

We didn't try brekky came in late and left early

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Bed bugs in mattress, hair in the meal
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed bugs bitting all night and the place was filthy

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Try elswhere

Poor condition of property

Position

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Would not recommend this hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

Generally the hotel rooms are very tired and not very clean. there were small bugs under the pillows, A/C filters were dirty.

Staff were nice

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Old and dirty - even the blanket had stains

old and dirty

bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Extended stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Location was awesome and has a great view.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

The staff were friendly and always greeted with a smile.

Found the presentation of the rooms to be a bit run down. The bed was not the most comfortable.

The staff were friendly and always greeted with a smile. Restaurant was good for breakfast did not try dinner.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

The bed was adorably comfortable.

The room air was terrible Having to pay for hot food with breakfast was a bit of a downer

The bed was adorably comfortable. The breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

Location was amazing, food for breakfast was delicious,

Cleaner left my room unlocked and I had valuables left in the room and these could ahve been stolen, this was my main concern, other than that staff were pleasant and helpful.

Location was amazing, food for breakfast was delicious,

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

Great Staff.

Could have had a note over at reception over who to contact to in case of late arrival.

Great Staff. Was late to the hotel and dinner time was over. Lovely staff over at reception was helpful to get some sandwiches and fruits. Sincerely appreciate it after a long hard day at work.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Food was excellent with top service

I cannot complain it was value for money and very comfortable I will stay again

Food was excellent with top service The view of the ocean from my room wax perfect

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

lack of co ordination on booking details.

lack of co ordination on booking details. lack of kettle in one of the rooms, for 3 days (2 nights) after it was reported twice. have given up on your whole group. gtn et al.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

The view from the door was directly across the Indian Ocean.

We asked for a down stairs room when we booked, and this wasn't provided, even though there were some empty when we checked in. The manager said that we would prefer the view from upstairs. We have health issues and lugging our cases upstairs was very difficult with no help. The rooms are dated, the th exhaust fan switch in the bathroom was too high to reach.

The view from the door was directly across the Indian Ocean...beautiful at sunset. The restaurant was more than adequate and the continental breakfast was suitable.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

The location, the size of the room and breakfast!

Thought the room could have been cleaner. Had to re-make the bed as it looked slept in! Exhaust fan not working and several globes needed replacing. Reception staff were pleasant but not confident with the system.

The location, the size of the room and breakfast!

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Comfortable, clean and spacious room after a long day on the...

Comfortable, clean and spacious room after a long day on the road. An upstairs room with a clear ocean view was refreshing. Easy access to town and facilities.

There are also 39 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.