Reviews of ibis Sydney Olympic Park 3 stars

Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney Olympic Park, 2127 Sydney, Australia

#115 of 306 hotels in Sydney

Comfortable and convenient
    • Standard King Room

Upon checkout, we attended the counter, and the customer service officer initially ignored us completely to talk to another guest who attended the next counter, leaning right over, and giving him her business card. It was really quite insulting, as though been weren't there at all. The other small point of note was that one of the window handles was broken. Not a major issue in winter, but should certainly be fixed in time for summer. Did not try the food, as the prices seemed a bit steep.

The location was perfect for us, as we attended the AFL at Spotless Stadium. The room itself was clean and comfortable, and the lifts were quick. Apart from the customer service issues, we would give consideration to staying there again.

The location is excellent and the champagne and fruit...
    • Standard Twin Room

The bar closing too early on such a big night! The area was full, all patrons well behaved however you could only purchase 2 drinks - annoying when there are 3 in your group.

The location is excellent and the champagne and fruit platter were a nice touch as thank you for my 5th stay.

the reception is really polite
    • Standard King Room

their was no slipper in my room , the waiter told me he will send it to my room....but i didn't see the slipper til my leave

the reception is really polite

Great location, I would stay here again.

The walls are paper thin. Both nights of my stay I was awoken by groups coming in late. Talking and doors opening and closing, it all sounded like it was in my room.

Excellent location! Close to train station. Lots of food options around. Clean and comfortable hotel room.

Very very happy

More options (drink wise for the bar fridge )

I was very happy with the service and the staff are very grand friendly I would definitely go back the view from my room was amazing and close to everything I was there for. I would recommend this place hands down

Suited my needs perfectly.
    • Standard Twin Room

I had a leaky bathroom but it was fixed in no time. Very efficient staff.

It was close to where I needed to be. Easy to walk to events. Had everything I needed for a comfortable carefree stay.

Super convenient for events at ANZ or QBA! Clean and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

If I’m being picky I’d say i didn’t like that the curtains didn’t close fully so there was light beaming in in the morning.

The bed was super comfortable and the rooms are modern and cleaned beautifully!

Comfortable enough for a one night stay.

Quite expensive for the room but i think you are paying for the location.

Comfortable room for a 1 night stay to go to the footy. Bed was comfortable, bathroom small but it had all you need. Great Breakfast and close to everything in Sydney Olympic Park.

Update needed or price drop
    • Standard Twin Room

A little dated, carpets worn, bathroom could use a good clean or update. Ibis budget is catching u!!

Comfortable beds, low noise and good block out blinds.

It was ok.

Bar closed around 10.00pm We'd just got back from the game, wanting to have a few drinks and it was closing up. Was 70-80 people in the bar, mostly from the game.

Bed was good.

Sadly very inconsiderate guests in adjoining rooms.

Sadly very inconsiderate guests in adjoining rooms. Doors slamming repeatedly after midnight. Had to ring reception for assistance which they duly gave - much appreciated. Second night much better.

Wifi was good.
    • Standard Twin Room

Wifi was good. Major complaint was that we had considerable difficulty using the television and perhaps better instructions are needed. On entering the carpark we finished up in the Pullman Hotel section and I would suggest better signposting ro the sections

was short but nice.

the car park.. trying to squeeze around small cars and parks.. and just letting people in even though it was full.. you should maybe have a sign saying its full or something...

i liked how close it was to everyone within walkin distance.

Overall the stay suited the needs for which we booked in the first place.
    • Standard Twin Room

The online booking experience was not great. Used booking.com and I was told that payment would not be taken until my stay but money was deducted the next day. It was refunded at your end but my bank did not release it straight away. I called ahead prior to check in and asked if it was ok for my daughter to check in before me. I specifically asked about payment and was told I could do this on check out however her card was charged upon check in. Your staff apologised and gave me free parking, which was great - thank you. However I think this can be done better next time.

The location was excellent and ease of getting to the hotel and parking was great.

Great location, exorbitant parking fees.
    • Standard King Room

Parking fee $40/night not mentioned anywhere in the booking information. It cost me 1/4 of my accommodation charge just to park my car!

Location was spot on for my needs.

Piss poor. Literally.
    • Standard King Room

Lying in bed I could hear every single person go past as if they were in the room with us. I could clearly hear every, very loud, conversation crystal clear as if they were talking to me. Water pressure and temp in shower was poor. Toilet kept running, and making strange, loud noises all night, wasting water and keeping me awake. Did not sleep for more than about an hour in the early hours of the morning.

Comfy bed, great shower and efficient, friendly bar staff

I asked reception staff for dining recommendations and got completely different responses to the same questions about what was open and what wasn’t. I expect other guests ask similar questions so would be good if staff are better informed to answer.

Nice comfortable bed and good water pressure in the shower. Bar staff did a great job during peak periods and stayed open later than management recommendation to meet customer demand.

Not impressed for the price we were charged won't be looking to stay there against
    • Standard Twin Room

Booked a twin, they phoned (at 10am)to check said it would be sorted & ready when we got there arrived at 5pm still not sorted! Beds & pillows not comfy. Shower poor water pressure & not very hot. Only 1 chair in room so someone always had to sit in the bed. Room rather small.

Close to the venue we were going too.

A great location to stay after a big event at the nearby venues.
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower could have been cleaner. The blind had come off its tracks and was frayed around the edges. It didn’t detract from its effectiveness but it did look a bit shoddy. The rooms were incredibly noisy. You could hear the alarm clock go off in the room next door. Also as people left in the morning the doors self close but quite loudly. You could hear not just the next door room’s door closing but quite a lot of other doors further up the corridor.

Staff were really friendly at check in. The beds were great. Pillows and doonas really comfortable. I slept like a baby.

Good location, would stay again

Not very sound proof... could hear everyone in the hallway and surrounding rooms

Great location, we were attending a concert so were very pleased to be across the road from the stadium

only good thing was location, pricing poor parking charge rediculous, room didnt match photos
    • Standard Twin Room

Way over priced, room outdated, mini fridge that barely worked, smell from shower drain, loose windows that whistled when the wind blew strong enough, Parking charge extortion

proximity to event

We were pleasently suprised by the comfort and location. Will return for other venue events.
    • Standard Twin Room

There were tea and coffee condiments in the room but no milk which seemed a bit strange. We did request milk and after being told it was sent twice we never actually received any. The walls are a bit thin but acceptable other room noises.

The beds were comfy and the room a good size for two. The location for the venue we had to attend was fantastic and would definitely stay there again.

Convenience only. Anything more stay in Parramatta.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not enough value for money. Rooms had no atmosphere, just a place to sleep. We were there for competitive sport so it was too functional - not fun or energising in any way.

Expensive at $200 a night for what it is. Comfortable beds but otherwise basic - it is just a room to sleep. Next time we would stay in Parramatta and drive the 15 mins which we have done before and it is a better experience. Parking at Ibis is an additional $40 per day. Signage from the parking to reception is non-existent which is frustrating because Ibis shares a reception. Friends said the restaurant was underwhelming and yet expensive so we ate at an Italian restaurant nearby - simple, good food, happy staff. Very limited options once you are within Sydney Olympic Park.

Great, affordable and comfortable rooms, but don't expect anything from the lobby or restaurant.

Front desk staff stating they would do something, wouldn't, then looked at you like a stranger. We were staying with friends and travelled in one car- Our room paid for the parking and our friends were checking out in approx five minutes. The lady at the front desk said she would make a note of the payment of parking on their room as we paid for the ONE carspace required for the four of us. Subsequently our companions also paid for parking and the staff looked as though they had never seen me when I approached them about the double charge, we now have to go through the lengthy, irritating step of contacting the finance dpt to get a refund for the second amount of parking paid... The food from the kitchen on the night of our stay was awful. 3/4 of our party ordered the chicken dish- the chicken was covered in the most disgusting BURNT sauce any of us had ever tasted- the offer of a fruit platter in apology was provided however nothing off our bill- just because you have a captive audience does not mean you should provide poor service.

Bed was comfortable, room was clean.

Overall a good stay but not happy with the early closure of the bar.
    • Standard Twin Room

At 9.02pm after a long day on my feet I wanted to relax & have a beer in the bar but I couldn't because the bar was closed! Not happy.

It was what I expected for the price. Would stay again for price & location.
    • Standard King Room

View wasn’t great but I didn’t mind. Some food at breakfast wasn’t very nice. Air-con wasn’t good. Bed was not comfortable.

Location was great. Facilities within fine. Ease of check-in/out was good. Most food & selection at breakfast was fine. The price was affordable for what was offered in & out of hotel.

Well appointed Good location for what we were doing But due to above will never book an ibis hotel a

On our 2nd afternoon we went out to let housekeeping in Returning 6hrs later to find our room door ajar and unable to be locked/unlocked Anyone could just push it open for 6hrs with all our belongings including an expensive camera (thankfully still) sitting there First day lunch room service took 40mins as they have 15min rule told we would not be charged 2nd night tired and hungry after a concert and stressed at our open room room service took just under an hour and when arrived was someone else’s order Another 15 mins and ours arrived totally different from what was on menu Toasted sw with mixed leaf salad arrived with a mass of chips and no salad Then another 10mins our beers arrived with the salad but we could not open them as they needed a bottle opener Next morning find they had already charged my card for both room service orders They have cards in every room stating if it’s not done in 15mins it’s free of charge Gave up and left after only managing to get the food part of the 2nd night refunded Will not stay at an ibis hotel again

Dinner was ok.
    • Standard King Room

We ordered wine glasses to our room, it took three phone calls and three hours for them to arrive. Started to call at 2pm and they arrived at 5.30pm. Very poor when the trip is for our partners birthday and you are trying to impress. Check out also took a long time for no real reason.

Dinner was ok.

love the location
    • Standard Twin Room

layout of breakfast buffet was stupid, no one could get into the corner, coffee machine needed a PHD to work it and staff with dirty plates pushing through crowds to get to kitchen all the time, eggs tasted like crap, powdered???? dirty food tray sitting in hallway for all of the Friday when we were in and out to hard to get one drink at the bar after the football crowd came in

great location, comfortable if basic room

Pleasant
    • Standard Twin Room

The alarm buzzing next door on and off for over an hour in the early hours of the morning. The bathrooms are run down but clean. The fridge is not very cold.

Location, beds are comfy.

Good and accessible location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Location is very near Qudos Bank Arena and ANZ Stadium. Perfect location if attending concerts and events around the area. The hotel is walking distance to the train station too making it more convenient.

Some staff were fantastic and others not at all.
    • Standard Twin Room

The walls are paper thing, I could hear our neighbors phone alarm. The bed was comfortable unfortunately couldn't get a good night's sleep with all the noise and door banging.

Some staff were fantastic and others not at all. The bed is comfortable. Location is fantastic.

Guest of the day what a wonderful surprise to wake up to.
    • Standard Twin Room

Guest of the day what a wonderful surprise to wake up to. Great initiative and program offered by the motel, small tokens make a big difference in people’s lives. It totally made my day.

Convenient , comfortable place to stay, but the air conditioning needs to be fixed!
    • Standard Twin Room

The air conditioning was hot. We had it on 21 degrees but it didn’t cool the room. Little sleep was had as the room was so hot.

Rooms were clean, beds were great & very comfortable.

Generally good.
    • Standard King Room

Coming into the ibis/novotel, there is no indication that the check-in desks are shared. When you come up the Ibis lifts from the carpark, the lifts do not indicate which level is reception and when you get out there is a conference room in front of you, but no indication of where to go for reception! Also, I reported to the checkout receptionist that my shower had hair in it, and showed her a photograph, and the response was simply that she would advise the housekeeping staff. I would expect at least an apology and acknowledgment that one should not expect that. I would not expect to get a huge discount, but possibly a coffee voucher or something similar would be appropriate.

The check in receptionist was appropriately friendly and welcoming, very efficient. The room was generally clean and comfortable (aside from the shower) and well stocked. I had a comfortable stay, thank you!

Super Dooper Comfortable King Bed!!
    • Standard King Room

While I know it was 38 degrees outside, the room wasnt very cool. We had to turn the air con down to 18 and have the fan speed on high. It may have been in overdrive as it was so hot and thats why it wasn't working well.

The bed was super comfortable in the King room we had. Great location as we were attending an event at Qudos Bank Arena.

Pleasant and so convenient!
    • Standard King Room

So convenient being located a very short walk from Qudos Bank Arena. Early check in was available. Parking was available. Air conditioning was great on a very hot Sydney day. Even though the staff were so busy they were all helpful and pleasant. This was all so welcome on such an incredibly crowded weekend at Sydney Olympic Park.

Pleasant but reasonably pricey for what you got.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was a lot smaller than expected. Everything was an additional cost - parking, wifi. Breakfast was expensive for what it was.

The beds were comfortable and room very clean

Close to Athletics Event
    • Standard Twin Room

Small room Had to ask for doona-only given sheet and old heavy blanket first night-sheet was like a carpet Couldn’t stay for whole event-no availability Expensive considering the facilities given-eg: no microwave or toaster

Close to Athletics Event

The cost of parking at $40 per night was too expensive, as was the cost of a rollaway bed at $60 per night. Almost impossible to speak to someone at reception when trying to phone the hotel prior to travel. It took me 3 days and multiple phone calls to a main call centre, before I finally got to speak to someone at the hotel.

Location. Reasonably priced.

Staff.
    • Standard King Room

Ibis Room is far 2 small Not enough shelf space in bathroom to put Toiletry & Hair products never line hair dryer etc. The Quilt on the bed had dirty shoe marks on it. When I pulled back the Quilt, Sheet 4 bed around midnight their were pubic hairs in the sheets.. It was disgusting...

Staff. Location. Night Manager Mike and Geoff who is a staff member who works night duty as well. Were wonderful, helpful, polite, Nothing was a problem and they went out of their way to help my stay 2 get better. Pls give them both my kind regards 🌺

The block out blind really helped with trying to encourage...

The fridge was very noisy. The sun sets on the same side as the window & was blinding people & if you lowered the blind to try to see, you found the lights were very dull & you couldn't see very much.

The block out blind really helped with trying to encourage sleep.

The bed was fantastically comfortable and the room was...
    • Standard King Room

The pillows needed to be replaced as they were poor worn and used heavily.

The bed was fantastically comfortable and the room was spacious and clean and well stocked. Would stay again.

Perfect for concert stays
    • Standard Twin Room

Poor information/welcome by reception. Gave little to explain where parking was or how it operated, how to get to facilities etc. very poor signage of hotel itself...considering it is 2 brands in one building.

Proximity to arenas, trains, restaurants excellent

Close to the venue I was attending for a concert.

Having to pay extra for parking. Should be included in the overall tariff

Close to the venue I was attending for a concert. Within walking distance of Qudos Bank Arena and ANZ Staduim

Perfect location welcoming staff
    • Standard King Room

Maybe a spare blanket as we were cold at 3am. We just turned the air off and we were good after that.

The staff were welcoming. The beds were very comfy and the location was perfect

Very convenient but could be improvement on points mentioned could elevate the stay to very good.
    • Standard King Room

Long wait to book in due to staff's technological equipment slowness. Staff polite yet had to wait while a group booking was sorted. Noisy guests around midnight in the corridor outside room. Perhaps a cultural issue with manners and consideration for other guests. I was travelling for work. Would value the provision of bottled water for drinking in room as apposed to getting it from the bathroom hand basin. Not very hygienic.

Breakfast was delivered by room service on time - piping hot and beautifully presented.

Lily, our barista was lovely and did a great job.
    • Standard King Room

Booked 8 rooms for wedding and as very disappointed with the quality of rooms. Sinks were clogged in two and the bathrooms were horrible for getting ready. For the price, it was a rip off and very misleading. I was embarrassed to have my wedding party getting ready here.

Lily, our barista was lovely and did a great job. The check in staff were anything but pleasant except for a lovely South African woman.

ok but not great,and I will explore other options on our next visit
    • Standard King Room

Our bathroom was below standard, water was not hot enough and no bath mat. Poor directions from the front desk saw us another hotel where we had to ask staff to release us from an elevator.

great location , near entertainment venue

It was great, as i said we hope to stay again and may look more at the ibis and less at the Pullman

The vegetarian options for hot food could have been better and a dairy free yoghurt for the fruit such as coconut yoghurt. I had enough to eat though, those additional options just would have been extra nice.

It was super clean and i liked that it was bright and you could open the windows. The staff were lovely and i told them that we hope to stay again on our next special occasion. They even catered for my GF, DF meal requirements.

Was okay only because of convenience to Olympic Park facilities
    • Standard Twin Room

Terrible parking, don't bring your large car into what is a very cramped carpark with tight narrow corners and limited number of spaces. I was lucky I drove a small car and found a "small car only" space" (hidden in a dark corner of the carpark, and even then it was squeeze). valet drivers did not even ask if I wanted valet parking, just told (in poor English) to drive to the carpark myself. Also only 2 power points in the room(1 in bathroom, the other near beds - the beds themselves were very soft).

Great breakfast

Parking was first in first served however public can park in...
    • Standard Twin Room

Parking was first in first served however public can park in the hotel as well and as there was an event on people who were actual guests could not get a park.. Maybe on event days there could be a no admittance unless hotel guest?

Location good.
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms at the Ibis are very small and the bathrooms are pokey. Considering the facilities are shared with the Novotel I would’ve expected better facilities. You should be able to reserve parking, especially if you have a reason to need it and you book a long way out. Doesn’t fill you with confidence.

Location for purpose was very good.

Room comfortable beds, no amenities like fresh milk or coffe? Room noise ok.

Paying way to much for food alcohol and parking, we got a room the rest you et without ripping me off. I am a eels member and wanted to be Accor member but your all about taking advantage of me. You shoul crawl in a rock.

The parking was a insult as it reads free but is not! We spent heaps on the bar and parking should be free

Dissappointed.
    • Standard King Room

Room Service - Ordered,allowed the 30 minutes requested. Food arrived on time however soup was ordered no spoon supplied. Rang reception told they would arrange. Still waiting after 15 minutes. Rang reception again told that spoon and fresh hot soup to be supplied straight away. Still waiting 30 minutes later. Rang and cancelled as we had to leave for show.

Close to venue.

Reasonable hotel close to the train station, comfy bed.

Staff weren't overly friendly, just did the basics for you without any friendly greeting, not a big issue overall, but friendly staff make a place standout more.

Bed was super comfy, room was clean. Super close to train station.

Great location, comfortble, parking cost ridiculous

The parking price is ridiculous $40 underground, $25 street parking for one night. We went to concert that finished around 10 and had to order food from nearby as nothing was open. Hard to find when you first come in to Olympic Park

Bed was comfortable. Location is perfect for Attending events at Olympic Park.

We will go back. Good location. Comfortable room despite issues

No onsite parking available when we arrived after being advised no need to book We arrived at 7.30 pm. Room was not ready Room key was coded incorrectly Toilet blocked on second morning Room key didn't work on 3 separate occasions requiring re-set by reception

Food was great Breakfast was included due to problems with room

Great Hotel, parking soured the event.

Parking

we had come from different locations, wife from home, me from work, so two cars, parking for one, had to park on the street, $110 parking fine.

Very very disappointing, not recommended.
    • Standard King Room

Very small and untidy room, bathroom size was rediculus for average size people. Parking fees were outrageous even for Sydney! The service from the bar and restaurant was very poor and to the point of being rude.

Proximity to the event we were attending. Comfortable bed. Staff were trying to be helpful.

Convenient location but bad luck if you want a drink
    • Standard Twin Room

Booked a queen but got 2 singles. Tried to order a glass of wine and told it would take 1 hr and we should go to the bar downstairs. Got there and were told they are closed! Bar closed too early when the bar was full and people couldn't get anymore drinks.

Standard experience I expected but staff always can improve that, and I didn't feel they did
    • Standard King Room

No mini fridge snacks styling and theming of the room Room service food temperature was closer to cold that freshly cooked two nights in a row

The bed was really comfortable A lot of toiletries

Great location for a Cudos Bank Arena event, staff were terrific, rooms were OK.

The twin room that the kids were in was a bit tired. Cracked tiles in the bathroom and just "average". Their room wasn't much better than Ibis Budget however the King room was much nicer.

The king room was very comfortable and well set up. The restaurant and bar was lovely too - good secret at Olympic Park, I'll definitely visit again.

Fantastic location with everything you need.
    • Standard Twin Room

No choice, but paying $400 for a hotel room for 1 night was very steep. Then $40 for the night to park the car. Where I work we provide FREE parking for our guests, and charge less for a 2 br apartment per night in the town centre! Booked 4 mths ahead of stay and it was the last room (according to Booking.com) in the vicinity available.....

The location is brilliant. The staff were mostly lovely and helpful. The restaurant/cafe and bar were great, room was very clean and quiet, and it was great to have basement parking.

Great! We were right around the corner from ANZ Stadium so we didn’t have to travel home.
    • Standard Twin Room

You should offer different ways of having eggs for breakfast eg runny, Benedict The coffee was like warm when it came to our table

The ease of coming out of our room to breakfast waiting for us!

not too bad, but too expensive for the value particularly with buffet breaky
    • Standard King Room

The walls must of been hollow! Could hear every door closing, people talking, the next rooms water turning on and off. Buffet breakfast was over priced.

I liked that it was close to food and our business conference. It was clean, staff had great customer service.

Horrible!

I would never stay here again. The first day when we checked in our bedding smelt like it was not washed. They then moved us to a new room. 2 days later there was a massive beatle in our bathroom. When we called room service, the guy that came up said we do get insects now and then!!! Our towels smelt aswell.

Was convenient and clean.
    • Standard King Room

We didn't get the advertised $1 brekky. Didn't see it when booking online. Was advertised at tennis. When asked if we could have same deal we were rejected !!

Bed was comfy.

Would recommend and will come back.
    • Standard Twin Room

Parking too expensive - used Sydney Olympic Park car park instead. Which was fine though less convenient.

The reception staff were wonderful, helpful and thoughtful. Room was great, quiet and very clean. Venue was easy walking distance to the tennis.

Quiet and enjoyable.

Limited dining choices.

Helpful staff. When we discovered that the restaurant was only open for breakfast we asked for advice about a suitable venue for lunch. This was important as we had asked two guests to join us. Alison went out of her way to help us and as a result we had a very happy time at the Pullman.

• Standard Twin Room

We ordered room service at approx 10.45pm. We were told there may be a bit of a wait as they were quite busy. The room service never came.

Ideal place to stay for sporting/concert events at Olympic Park.

Having to pay a $50 deposit for each room on top of the full price I had already paid in advance for them is ridiculous. My brother was woken at 6am by workmen using whipper snippers, blowers and bark chipping machine with is totally unacceptable at that hour. We did complain at the desk when checking out but wasn't offered any compensation for the disruption when they pride themselves on guests having a great nights sleep.

The bed was very comfortable.

Overall a nice stay
    • Standard King Room

Parking was a little steep at $40 for the night in Olympic Park.

The bed was so comfortable and the staff were lovely. We left an item in the room and they found it and kept it in the safe so we could come back and collect it. Very helpful!

Mediocre hotel, no leisure facilities, it is a budget hotel at full price.

- Mattress not turned in dont know how long, had to sleep with feet at head of bed as massive depression in matress made it feel like was tipped upside down. - Aircon in room was incredibly weak, and the cleaning staff turn off the aircon too which just makes the room gross and stifling when returning after being out for the day. - Noise is a HUGE problem due to poor sealing around the door. Every door on the floor can be heard opening and closing and conversations in the hallway are clearly heard.

Restaurant meals were good.

Tidy, good staff, great layout in a usually quiet but still central location

Bathroom vent was dusty & shower silicone will need to be redone as looking dirty. These are really minor issues. Wouldn't stop me booking again.

Breakfast was prompt & perfect