Reviews of Mercure Townsville 4 stars

Woolcock Street, 4812 Townsville, Australia

#45 of 75 hotels in Townsville

Great for a one night stay prior to setting off on a road...
    • Standard Queen Room

Great for a one night stay prior to setting off on a road trip west and had a restaurant attached which meant we didn’t need to go any where else after getting in at 8 pm

Convenient, clean and comfortable.

Nothing really.

Ideal for overnight stay when travelling. King room very nice, comfortable bed and all facilities needed. Restaurant on site and shopping centre nearby. Large grounds and attractive pool.

Dated rooms and not like what is pictured online at all.
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

Dated rooms and not like what is pictured online at all. Very strong smoke smell in room we first had. Staff were good to let us choose another room available but still not up to standard stated. Staff were friendly though and ready to help.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Great service. Great weekend
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

The tiles were a bit slippery in the bathroom when the floor was wet after the shower.

Had a great staff member serve us on Fathers Day. I think his name was Ez or Ezra. Very good at his job. Was welcoming and spoke to my daughter who is 3 years old very nicely asking about her babycino.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great place!
    • Standard Queen Room

Friendly and helpful staff. Room amazing and quiet area. Only stayed one night due to a flight changeover but all in all really good stay. Nice and chill. Not far from the airport...only 10$ in a cab

Would never return; the receptionist was incredibly rude.Bed was

We booked our family of 5 into the Mercure for one night as a special treat for Father’s Day; as the family room could only accommodate 4 people we were prompted to book a second room, which we didn’t have a problem with doing. Upon checking in, we were told our rooms would not be together...infact, they could not have been more further away from each other! The receptionist was made aware that the children would need to be in one room and my husband and I in the other, when I asked what the Mercure’s policy was regarding children occupying a room without adult supervision, she just handed us the keys and said these are your rooms. I was absolutely applaud by this response, this establishment seems to have no concerns about children staying on their own.

Unfortunately, what I liked the best was checking out after our stay.

mix up with the booking at check in was sorted within half...
    • Premium King Room

mix up with the booking at check in was sorted within half an hr. i altered my original booking with the hotel directly from a 2x king rooms to a family room. when i altered the booking via booking .co. the family room got cancellaed by the hotel, however they fixed the error. luckily rooms were available, we had to wait 1/2 hr for the room to be ready but we were served complimentary drinks while waiting. accommodation was great

disappointed.
    • Standard Twin Room

Stayed the night specifically to save time and work, the WiFi to my room did not work, called reception, was told 'it doesn't work in those rooms but if you walk to the corner of the building, it will! A new room would have fixed it all.

the Mercure location is close to my work.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Our stay was short and would stay again.
    • Premium King Room

Would love to have had a small carton of milk to have that extra cup of coffee. Not that it is something the hotel can control but the noise/music from the wedding reception that night did make it a little difficult to sleep.

The bed was comfortable after along day.

• Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

Knowing Mercure Hotels from Europe I honestly expected a bit more. Our family room was right at the back, close to the highway and with a view across a lawn of the big target supermarket, not the lush gardens shown in the pictures. The room itself was pretty basic and not very big, just enough room to move around the beds. The pool was small and directly in front of the bar/restaurant, not really inviting. It was ok for an overnight stay, but not more.

Breakfast was nice and the staff quick to refill when asked.

It was relaxing, felt like you were in paradise had all amenities and staff were very friendly 😀👍

Can not fault

Loved the outlook from the room paradise loved the bar and breakfast just simply beautiful pool was magnificent would come back again but for a even longer time 😀👍

Relaxing, clean and enjoyable.
    • Superior Room - 2 Single Beds

I am glad I didn't have to walk too far to my room and neither did I have to carry my bag upstairs

Proximity to the workplace. Easy access from the main road. Clean rooms with new bathrooms and walk in shower (no step). Excellent breakfast at a reasonable price. Room on the ground floor.

Position on main road allowed early morning start
    • Standard Queen Room

Once a Gracious Lady, now, just a tired old lady. Generally had a “run-down” look about it. Our room was about 400 metres from the car park and the walk included crossing a flooded section of path. No microwave and no toaster. Supplied with a pack of dishwashing detergent but no dishwasher, dishes or cutlery? No pillow protectors. A lagoon that one couldn’t see for trees across a pleasant strip of lawn in front of our door. There was a garden seat opposite the “invisible” lagoon but it was covered in guano. A crumbling and derelict greenhouse 50 metres from the door didn’t help the ambience. Meals in the dining room were similar to those in the Villa Capri(Rockhampton), but 25% more expensive. Quite clean and situated on the road out of town. Staff were pleasant and helpful. At least the WiFi was great. A big “letdown” for Accor Chain accomodation

Position on main road allowed early morning start

Great short stay with a super restaurant!
    • Family Room with Queen Bed

Door handle on our room didn't seem very secure. Quite close to the main road into Townsville so good for a passing thru type visit but any longer than 1 night and we have wanted to be closer to the water. My husband found an empty glass in the pool which we gladly returned to the bar!! Didn't feel super secure being close to the road

Friendly staff, great restaurant and clean facilities. Great sized bathroom and lovely pool and grounds.

The huge bed and the location of the room were excellent
    • Superior King Room

On checkout, the staff did not know how to release the hold put on my account. Even though it was only a $1, the lady was apologetic but the man just gave me back my card and rudely said that I'll just have to wait for my bank to release it and then walked off.

The huge bed and the location of the room were excellent

Disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

Please read the above statement as it won’t let me cut and paste

Staff were fantastic and very helpful. I was not happy with the bed, it’s old and not comfortable at all, did not sleep well at all. The room was pokey with having a single bed as well and no drawers to be able to unpack when staying for more than a couple of nights. The queen bed is pushed too close to the window and makes it a tight squeeze to get in and out that side. Both sides need a bedside table as my partner has a sleep apnea machine and can only sleep on the one side therefore using a chair to place his machine on. We also had to use an extension lead due to lack of PowerPoints in the room for his machine. Overall, compared to other places we have stayed, we were disappointed with the Mercure Townsville. There was mould in the curtains, the connecting door rattled whenever someone in the room next door went in or out and the rooms are not very soundproof as we could hear snoring from other rooms and voices of people talking.

No mini bar
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff had emptied the fridge. No milk for coffee or any water. Had to drink from bathroom tap. Had friends also staying. The staff entered the room after they checked In and removed FULL contents of fridge in front of them

Fantastic!
    • Standard Queen Room

We were given an instaneous upgrade by a lovely Lady at the desk. Our evening meal was great, breakfast great also, and our room was very luxurious and the bed very comfortable.

PERFECT
    • Standard Queen Room

Absolutely excellent customer service and the restaurant food drinks etc was outstanding. We had the best break over 3 days we have ever had. Thanks so much to all managers service staff cleaners etc. we definitely will be back 😀

Top choice for Townsville stay!!
    • Superior King Room

Great staff during check-in/out. Was very helpful during our stay as we were there for work they accommodated a late check-out. Close to Townsville CBD and places to eat. Bed was great and comfy. Great stay! Recommended!

I wouldn't stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room

Very noisy. You could hear the person next door and toilets flushing etc. Had the worst night sleep ever. Gave up in the end and read a book until time to get up.

Grounds were very nice plus restaurant & bar

I liked it there ! But it was only one night so hard to judge everything in one night
    • Standard Queen Room

I was asked if I wanted private parking which I said yes too but it didn’t exist so that was disappointing!

Bed was very very comfy ! Room was clean and nice view of the lake

Good other than the lengthy dinner.
    • Standard Queen Room

My dinner was spread over 2 hours, because the staff didn't ask if I wanted any dessert. It appeared that there wasn't enough table staff on, hence they were more intent on bringing out a meal then rushing out for another, without looking around the room to see if anyone else required attention.

Great 1AM cheese pizza from room service.
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

Tried to watch a movie on demand but wouldn't stop jumping - staff were great and removed the charge to the room though.

Great 1AM cheese pizza from room service. Lovely facilities. Delicious Pimms!

I’d do it again, if sleeping was an actual option in your rooms.
    • Superior King Room

Bed was uncomfortable; aircon made odd noises so I couldn’t sleep. So I just spend 200+ dollars, to sit in a room. It didn’t even serve its purpose, I couldn’t rest.

Felt welcomed; the little walk ways were nice too

The room needs a Reno but otherwise it was OK for an overnight star
    • Standard Twin Room

The room we were in was very tired looking, it is in need of a renovation. There were stains on the carpet & the bathroom sink was cracked.

The breakfast was lovely & the staff were very friendly.

Comfortable and convenient
    • Standard Queen Room

It was a little tired could be due for refresh plus the bed was quite hard

Location and room was comfortable. Would be good for a family stay, a good pool area and family friendly facilities

The staff were wonderful, the common areas were lovely but...
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff were wonderful, the common areas were lovely but the sleeping quarters were a bit dated on the exterior. Inside each room, the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room clean, bed comfortable although more pillow choice...
    • Superior King Room

Due to layout, navigation to rooms can be difficult especially when arriving after dark. Better signage and lighting would help.

Room clean, bed comfortable although more pillow choice would be nice.

Ease if checking in.
    • Standard Queen Room

Housekeeping trying to come in at 10.01am and check out is 11am. Not once but twice. I'm sure you have a system where your staff know who has checked out before 11.

Ease if checking in.

Not worth it.
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

The rooms were very small, they smelt mouldy, the bedding was tired and piling. The whole resort was old. It needs a major renovation. The pool area is very small. I would not recommend this for families and for long stays. Definitely not worth the money.

The staff were nice.

Fantastic place to stay, great food,room, pool and service is perfect.
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

Everything was fantastic, only thing missing was a gym .... but we went for a nice run around the gardens

Service was very friendly and helpful. Room was great, pool was fun, food fantastic ! We had a great time.

Staff were amazing.
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff were amazing. Very friendly. Helped me with a late check out and early check in. Restaurant and bar staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect.

I found it very comfortable.
    • Superior King Room

I found it very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I thought the whole expierence was enjoyable. I would recommend it to my friends to stay there.

Overall, it might be suitable for a day.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was too small and the safe did not work. Air-conditioning was not well positioned directed onto the bed bothering us causing ear problems. See previous comments about bad experience related to customer service.

The pool and the spa were good.

Overall, it was ok, but it was not very comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was tiny and the bed was small. It was from a long distance from reception. The staff called us on the day of checking out to confirm if we reserve our next booking which was already confirmed at checking out. Customer service was not very helpful.

The pool and the spa was good and clean. The room was regularly serviced and was clean.

• Standard Queen Room

Cost is as little high. Some areas of the facilities are looking a little tired but still clean. Evening menu hasn't changed for several months.

Facilities and location excellent. Pool great. Staff friendly and good service. Breakfast good options.

Big enough family room, comfortable
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

Not that I didnt like as such... but just note that food portions are quite large there. For example, pizza for kids, I ordered 2, because I have two young ones age 7 and 4, but I should have just ordered 1. Same with breakfast, or dinner for adults, portions are quite large. No problem for those with big appetites though!

Big enough family room, comfortable

The pool setting is lovely.
    • Standard Queen Room

The pool’s water temoerature was too warm. Maybe need to consider some shade??

The pool setting is lovely. We were able to have a table inside with Air Con though we had made a booking for poolside originally.,

Great place for short (overnight) stay close to TSV airport
    • Standard Queen Room

A little motel touch, restaurant and bar close at 10pm.

Located close to airport, nice (outside) lobby, big pool, beautiful view of the lake from the hallway in the morning.

pleasant enough really.
    • Family Room with Queen Bed

the staff wasn,t overly friendly and the rooms was a bit run down,but we had some friends check in there too,they paid the same price as us but they got free breakfasts,but we paid $27.00 each,so anybody checking in see if you can find a deal for that.

we liked their breakfast and the location,it was really close to the airport and shopping centre,we got them to get us a taxi it was there within minutes,the pool area was great,we enjoyed lazing around.

I like the beautiful manners and support from the staff
    • Standard Twin Room

My deal was to include breakfast; however this was not noted on my booking. They did honour this in good faith but was disappointing.

I like the beautiful manners and support from the staff

Pleasant & comfortable Stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Nice pool and clean, comfortable rooms. Buffet Breakfast is available at $27 but it was nice to have on New Year's Day. Room rates are very reasonable.

Great location, fantastic facilities and all staff were...
    • Standard Queen Room

Great location, fantastic facilities and all staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The deck and pool area was great and the entire property was kept clean and tidy. Will definitely come back

it was a stay that was most enjoyable from the staff to the food & pool

you cant perfect perfection

The breakfast was the best tasting that me & my daughter have ever had .I have been all over the world & been promised the best breaky by every hotel I have stayed in ,but the Mercure certainly delivered .So to everyone out there you want a great hotel to stay in with great food & a massive pool & fantastic staff stay & enjoy The Mercure Hotel Townsville

Great stay friendly staff and great pool to cool of in after long drive
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

The grounds could have been maintained better given nice buildings gardens need to be weeded and mulched to give better look, as the further you got from reception less Appling it got.

We liked the pool and staff were all friendly and helpfulll

The room was spacious and so was the bathroom/shower.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was rather uncomfortable. The hotel is spread out like camping cabins, and its easy to get lost. Not worth over $100 a night for a simple double room.

The room was spacious and so was the bathroom/shower. Good amenities. Loads of parking space.

Would not stay here for a holiday.
    • Standard Twin Room

The lights in b/room did not work properly. The grout is falling out of the bathroom wall. The bath tub was damaged around the plug and stained looking. Facilities around Pool sitting area are in need of maintenance . Possum Poo is everywhere on seats at the reception area in the morning. The bistro is over priced.

The bed was good.

Very disappointed during this stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The room had insects which where biting (all over floor & bed ) Young adults staying upstairs that where running amok had to be asked to move to another room

• Standard Twin Room

Mattress hard. Limited menu for length of stay. A couple of staff very terse and need to learn to smile.

Breakfast. Central to work. Next to shopping centre.

Friendly staff and good location , but very disappointing room ondition
    • Standard Twin Room

Stained carpet Stained and worn chairs Cracked basin Worn enamel on bath . Low shower pressure combined with protruding shelf made it impossible to stand under the shower. No lounge chair .Saying the room was 'tired' would be an understatement

location Friendly staff

Great short holiday within a holiday and would happily recommend to anyone visiting Townsville

Just a small niggle but thought the food at the restaurant could have been a little better.

A good central location giving you access to shops, restaurants , the city, everything basically. Room (294) was large, comfortable and had a great view of the lake. Enjoyed our stay there very much.

refreshing
    • Standard Queen Room

I cannot think of any aspect.

The location, secure parking 24/7 service, large rooms, very pleasant staff and a feeling of being welcome. I will recomend this motel to my friends and anyone wanting to stay in Townsville. give them a 10.

If these problems were looked at it would be a fantastic place.
    • Standard Twin Room

I found that our room was not good due to the shower over the bath and also the problems associated with elderly people trying to get in and out of the bath ( very high sides ) to shower. The toilet right behind the door. The prices of alcohol, and the different breakfasts.

The pool and the reception for the Reunion dinner, and also the location of the Mercure from the airport and other facilities around, such as city, and other tourist sites.

Very handy location for work.
    • Standard Queen Room

Cost of continental breakfast was a little high for fruit, pancakes and coffee.

Very handy location for work. Lovely pool facilities. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Will not be my choice for my next stay in Townsville
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was really hard and uncomfortable. i couldn't wait to get home to my own bed.

great location. 5 minute drive to shops, city centre and the strand. Everything was very clean and spacious.

One night stay
    • Superior King Room

TV was had terrible picture, bought a movie to watch and could barely see for the static. Also the room smelt very musty when we arrived and we had to air it out.

Beautiful pool area and a nice buffet style breakfast.

The pool & restaurant area were nice.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room is getting a bit old & tired. There was hardly any water coming out of the shower head, frayed carpet at the front door. There was a large cockroach running around in the bathroom. the alarm clock woke us up because it was set to midnight. The pavers downstairs had duck poo all over them. we had to carry our luggage a long way from the car park.

The pool & restaurant area were nice. Reception area was nice & staff were good, checking in was quick and simple.

A serviceable hotel with comfortable accommodation. Not an ideal location for town

Hard to find. Location further out than expected but fine for one night

Good parking. Very helpful staff. Food in evening v good. Restaurant manager and waitresses delightful

Excellent stay will defo come back for a visit.
    • Superior King Room

Bed was a bit too firm would have been nice if it was like a cloud.

The breakfast options, garic pizza. I really liked the size of the room. Overall peaceful was nice and relaxing. Would defientely come back again especially with breakfast included soo yummy 😋

Very good value for money enhanced by the friendly vibe of the place.
    • Standard Queen Room

Too far to walk to the strand or other places of interest. Okay if you have a vehicle, but becomes a little expensive using taxis.

The courtesy and friendliness of staff. This was evident at reception, restaurant, bar and with ground staff. This created a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. At times we needed to be moved by taxi and maxi taxi. This was done efficiently by reception staff. Breakfasts were great.

I will recomment to my relations if they are wanting a private room
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing to complain about.

The staff were very helpful and welcoming. I asked if there was a way when I return on another day if I could have a room facing the lake and I was told it can happen, when I do the room booking just comment where you would like to be placed. T thoroughly enjoyed the stay and I found it was easy to shop as Castleton was just there.

Very good
    • Standard Queen Room

The only thing that I didn't like was that there was no power point only one under the desk which my phone had to stay under the desk or had to plug it in the bathroom.. maybe you need to look into getting more power points installed closer to the beds.

The staff where really friendly and the room was cosey.

Wonderful and relaxing
    • Standard Twin Room

The only think I could fault is that there is a need for more covered area as when busy the sun is pretty nasty to have breakfast. Maybe a few shade sails over that area would make it much more pleasant.

We had a problem with our original room and were promptly relocated . The breakfast was also delicious.

Was sad to leave. Loved our time here. Townsville is a great destination and the staff were great!
    • Standard Queen Room

Could have more pillows in the room and a chair perhaps. Also some glasses would have been appreciated.

The staff at The Mercure could not have been friendlier. They all seem to love working there. The food and cocktails were amazing. Not overpriced at all. Great pool area.

All good Very happy Thx
    • Standard Queen Room

We had a couple of small maintenance issues which were remedied immediately upon my mentioning them at 7pm at night. That was impressive. Excellent value for money. Breakfast, bar, dining were all very good, and accommodating. Impressed with the lack of traffic or other noise, very peaceful (no noisy old air conditioners)

Included buffet Breakfast was amazing
    • Standard Queen Room

We waited so long for our main meals at dinner...when they finally came, they were both lukewarm & the whiting was very dry & chewy😔very disappointing!

Included buffet Breakfast was amazing

Attention to the smaller details required

I used the iron and didn't realise it had black dirt on it which ruined my brand new top. I immediately attempted to get the mark off however it would not budge. I informed the front desk staff who offered no options to me but did thank me for informing them and that they would replace it with a new iron. I would have preferred someone to have offered to atleast dry clean my blouse as I had not even worn it yet and now can't as it has black marks down the side that after washing it won't come out. I also informed them that the tv in the room was faulty as while attempting to watch a program the screen continually changed size which in the end was hurting our eyes so we just turned it off.

The pool is gorgeous and the view from our room we was relaxing. The property is clean and the waiting staff at the restaurant were exceptional

Was a great stay overall
    • Standard Queen Room

Price of the stay for the room we had was a little high A mistake with our evening meal put my mum off her meal as the wrong meal was placed in front of her and i had asked if it was the correct meal and the waiter replied yes

The friendly staff fantastic to see indigenous culture people employed by accor very pleased

Good facilities and clean renovated room
    • Superior King Room

Room size is too small. We had a portacot as well and it was squishy to move. Restaurant was slow to take orders and serve. On checkout they tried charging me someone else's bill on my room account. Was easily sorted.

Comfy king size bed. We were upgraded from superior to platinum as there was a loud wedding next to superior rooms til 11pm. Still could hear from other rooms but was ok. Platinum room was clean and newly renovated. Husband and son loved the pool.

AAA+
    • Superior King Room

No real complains here, check process can be a little slow, but they do get busy, and staff are helpful. Plus I got a free room upgrade. So Happy Customer.

Resort like layout, with great facilities. Location is good and rooms are really nice comfortable and quite.

Comfortable
    • Superior Room - 2 Single Beds

With an elderly mother in tow, it was a very long walk to the room from where the car was parked. Luckily one of the girls opened the gate close to the car

Room clean, very well catered for breakfast thank you.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Overall it was a pleasant stay.
    • Family Room with Queen Bed (4 Adults)

Lighting could have been better in the room.

Great location for us, shopping centre within walking distance and lots of choices for food also within walking distance. Mater day surgery only a few minutes drive away, so very convenient for us as this was why we were in Townsville. Nice and quiet resort also.

Bed and pillows were great, peaceful even though there was a...
    • Standard Twin Room

My mistake for not selecting the right type of room. The bathroom was very small with leaking tap.

Bed and pillows were great, peaceful even though there was a wedding, great stay.

Nice Lake, Nice enough hotel... pity about the noise and the staff not being friendly.
    • Family Room with Queen Bed

The NOISE! the fact I was woken up 5 nights in a row several times each night! I had to request a room change it became unbearable.

The closeness to the gym and to take outs