Reviews of Jasper Hotel 4 stars

489 Elizabeth Street, 3000 Melbourne, Australia

#74 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom could have been a little cleaner (shower) and the sliding door to the bathroom kept getting caught and not closing

Great location and view from the room, lovely staff and atmosphere

• Deluxe Queen Room

Was happy with the service. Nothing I did not like.

Everything was perfect. We walked into the reception and were greeted with respect and felt completely welcomed. We spoke to the receptionist and he had kindly upgraded our room with a balcony with no additional price. The food was great at the restauraunt. I would recommend this building for couples and short trips.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I had a room facing Elizabeth St and it was a tad noisy. But hey, its Melbourne so its pretty noisy anywhere you stay.

Good location. Friendly staff. Fantastic breakfast and good coffee.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I couldn't find any thing that I don't like but if there's an improvement, the lights should be brighter especially in the bathrooms and the bathroom for should be fixed.

Location was beyond superb and I really like how warm the reception staff were.. makes my husband I felt very much welcomed.

• Premium Double Room with Courtyard Access

I was a bit confused about ordering room service as there was only a one page flyer regarding this and it only listed food not drinks. The shower also leaked out through the shower door and made the bathroom floor and anything on it very wet.

Bed and pillows were comfortable. I liked having a courtyard even though we were on the second floor. Room was quiet quiet. Location and surrounds were great. Staff were fabulous.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Misleading description of room on website Little information in the room about facilities of the hotel The room was ok, however didn’t have a fresh clean smell upon arrival And the blanket between the flat sheet and cover.. absolutely disgusting.. noticeably not washed, stained and greasy to touch.. it was awful. I showed a photo of it to reception at check out and she didn’t seem to think it was a big deal..

The staff were nice

• Deluxe Queen Room

I have stayed here before and the room last time was a lot nicer. I'm not sure if there are refurbished rooms but the studio this time was very basic. We got it for a good price though so I was not too disappointed and I would stay again.

This hotel is located in the perfect position. Plenty of parking close by, trams at the doorstep, Queen Victoria Market less than 100m away and supermarkets, cafes and bars all within walking distance.

• Elizabeth Street Balcony Room

The floor in the room is spotty, I hope the hygiene condition can improve. There is apparently some communication problem between Booking.com and the hotel. Our record was lost and we waited nearly 45 minutes to get things sorted out.

CBD area, free tram zone so very convenient. Just next to the Queen Victoria Market.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Standard of cleaning was poor, bathroom was big wet room and water from shower pooled behind toilet and wasn’t mopped very well each day.

Nice and quiet, easy walking access in city

• Deluxe Queen Room

One of the windows had a broke handle so couldn’t open both incase it broke off

Simple check in and out process, were able to check in at 12 pm when we arrived and only asked if they would hold luggage but said they would check us in

• Deluxe Twin Room

Room carpet needs revamp. Would be great if the shower room can change to use handheld shower head.

Staffs were friendly. Breakfast was great and most of the portions were huge. We would appreciate if there were more variety of smaller portion choices to be chose from.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Parking options & lack of information about same. No real service provided.. ie currently there are building works & road is blocked, so drive around this way instead...

Funky design

• Deluxe Queen Room

The shower needed servicing - the showerhead was a bit blocked meaning the water came out in a trickle. Staff weren't friendly at all, and the position of my room above the street meant it was a bit noisy (the hotel can't control this though).

Good location close to Queen Vic markets in the free tram zone.

• Deluxe Twin Room

breakfast menu, food and service was excellent was worth the extra money. very close to everything including trams. reception staff were excellent could not do enough for us. thank you to all staff

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in both my wife and I woke up with a sore back. Neither of us slept very well at all

The room was fine and suitable for the purpose of our stay

• Deluxe Queen Room

The first room temp when checking in was on 5°. The second rooms was dirty, things were broken and the shower was also broken. I wasnt going to rate this hotel however i put in a complaint to the manager who said he would get Back to me and never did.

Wasnt very clean, things were broken.

• Premium Double Room with Courtyard Access

I can’t think of anything that I would change, except maybe having timers on the lights in the hallways? The light shone into our room quite a bit and I struggled to get to sleep. Also the courtyard on level 2 would have benefited from having more lighting too

The bed was extra comfy than what I was expecting, and the facilities in the hotel in general exceeded all my expectations. The photos on the website really don’t give this accommodation justice!

• Premium Double Room with Courtyard Access

The location is great. Walked around the corner and we were at Victoria Market. Tram outside the hotel . We were able to walk to Lygon St to have a meal . Hope to stay there again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Through the pictures I thought it was a cooler hotel. It is much simpler than I thought. There’s nothing wrong about it, but the accommodations are pretty simple.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Was a little noisy outside, but to be expected and not the fault of the hotel!

The staff were amazingly friendly and happy, they went out of their way to help.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Not a big deal but the bathroom door lock was broken. I was travelling alone so it didnt matter. There was also an air-conditioning type sound constantly going even though I turned mine off. Didn't bother me too much, was still able to sleep through it :) Other than that nothing bad at all, enjoyed my stay!

Stayed here recently and had a wonderful stay. Was booked into a room on the top floor which had a wonderful view and had beautiful morning sun shining through! The staff were welcoming and very lovely throughout the whole process! Great location next to lots of restaurants, everything was a short walk and the tram stop was close. Will stay here again!

• Deluxe Queen Room

We chose this hotel as it said it provided a good breakfast. Although there was nothing actually wrong with the food, for the cooked breakfast you were limited to three sides with the egg, also no bacon and ran out of beans. Also limited to one drink, either juice or coffee, not both!! We have stayed in many hotels throughout the world and have never been limited to what you can eat and drink with an inclusive breakfast.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room service only delivered one set cutlery of not Food was only lukewarm when it arrived, one chair to sit on. No mugs for a decent cup of tea, I was given a discount voucher but there was no discount taken off the meal

Room size was reasonable and it was convenient to the appointment

• Deluxe Queen Room

More detailed carpet cleaning behind bed side stands and in corners.

Great location in the free tram zone, easy to get to from Southern Cross Station. Room and bed were comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast buffet instead of “a la carte”

Federica from front desk was very helpful, nice and professional she booked for us the day trip to Ocean Road and Twelve Apostles!! Great job

• Deluxe Queen Room

Toilet was dripping all the time.

The convenience of the location was great with the vic market close by and just a tram into the city. Views were great out of the windows,

• Deluxe Twin Room

The gym facility, I booked this hotel coz it had a gym facility which meant I could get a workout in but it was a lot smaller than I thought

The staff were amazing

• Deluxe Queen Room

I had booked the queen room but was given a twin room. Rang reception and they ‘upgraded’ me to the room I originally booked.

The location was good. Close to Queen Victoria markets.

• Family Suite

Plumbing in bathroom sink was slow to drain and bathroom door grabbing on floor tile. Bathroom needed proper exhaust fan.

Breakfast was great. Bed was really comfy.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Street noise. Last time there was absolutely no noise (one of the reasons I booked again) but this time I was obviously in a cheaper room and it was noisy all night cars trams horns sirens music people

Staff were really helpful. Airconditioner setting was tricky but staff did everything to help including a free breakfast for the inconvenience of a hot night!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room was tiny - it was shown as being much bigger in the photos. The air-conditioning was very dated and didn't work. Our room was next to the lifts and we could hear them coming up and down through the night.

The location was excellent - great access to Vic Market and everything in the city.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The street outside the hotel was a bit noisy at night

The position was great for exploring Vic Market, Chinatown, Lygon Street and the older parts of Melbourne. The free tram stop was located close to the hotel and Vic Market was just around the corner.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Love everything about it. The gorgeous asian man on front reception would be the happiest, most welcoming man I've ever encountered! 10 stars for him!

• Deluxe Queen Room

no sleep here - 24hr maccas next door - rooms poorly insulated - no sleep to be had here - isn't that why hotels exist? to get a night's sleep? ok every other way - but constant drunkards, domestics, trams from 12midnight until 6am and beyond!- I repeat no sleep to be had here!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed badly made pillows not comfortable too flat. Housekeeping not thorough carpets stained.

Breakfast good quality and restaurant staff night receptionist efficient & friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room

no quilt cover? strange. Plus there was a noise from the pipes or something that kept happening from the stairwell that was next to our room but we did pay a super cheap price so we didn't mind.

shower, Foxtel, the bed, the location.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The location is perfect for me. The bed and pillow are very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent. I look forward to it every morning. The cafe is very cozy as well.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The Jasper Hotel is located directly next to Queen Victoria Market. As it was a rainy night we ate in at Spiked the Hotel Restaurant. We really enjoyed our meals and chatting to the lovey staff. In the morning we walked up to the Melbourne City Baths (complimentary entry) and used the pool and gym. The breakfast was included in our room rate and was delicious.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I would suggest in upgrading the windows to thicker/noise cancelling windows to reduce the noise coming through the room as our room was facing the street.

The hotel location is fantastic! Next to the market and tram stop to take you in to city or take a short stroll towards the central city.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The property has very good access for people with disabilities. The bathroom was extremely good access. I’m not sure about access to the sides of the beds as I use a forearm walker.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like the trams coming through at late hours and waking me up, but that's not the hotels fault

I like the ability to sit in bed and watch foxtel all night, and the close proximity to aldi make it easy to buy cheap chips and dip

• Deluxe Queen Room

Quite a lot of noise from the Queen Vic markets downstairs. Especially in the very early morning.

Couldn't fault convenient location situated right on tram line.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We stayed twice in this hotel and we enjoyed it so much for facilities, lovely beer but mainly for the wonderful, cheerful and welcoming, helpful staff. Thank you to You All. Excellent restaurant in the hotel too. First time we had a free upgrade but our booked room was very good anyway as we stayed in second time. Free tram and all the shops around.

• Deluxe Queen Room

A very odd thing but my partner and I thought it was weird the bathroom didn’t have a fan.

I loved how everything was walking distance from the hotel. Staff were very lovely, they had even checked up on us during the afternoon to see if we wanted the room cleaned from the previous night.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The air conditioning in our room functioned a bit awkwardly...it would be cooling perfectly during the day, but in the evenings it really fluctuated in performance. I did call up the reception to ask them about it, and I followed whatever measures they asked me to, but the AC didn't function as effectively as it should have. Also, water bottles were never replaced in the fridge during our 3 nights stay - I am not sure if that's their policy, but we had 2 bottles when we checked in and I assumed that they would be replenished every day.

Great location, right next to the tram station within the free tram zone area. the breakfast at the hotel was good, though there are lot of eateries around the hotel to choose from. The rooms were a decent size and the black out curtains really did block all light out...we had very comfortable sleep at Jasper. We didn't have any of the noise that I read about in some other reviews The staff was also friendly and helpful. Would recommend staying here if you want a good value for money hotel, that's clean, comfortable and conveniently located.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room aircon was set at the lowest setting but still not cold.And the fridge in the room was turned off at the wall for some reason.

Location,price and the restaurant on the property had great food at a good price.Another nice touch was the soaps and shampoos given .

• Deluxe Queen Room

The location was fabulous. So easy to walk to the NGV and other prime destinations. Access to the Victoria Market and the free tram made everything so easy. The room was well-appointed, bed comfortable and complimentary products excellent. All in all, I chose it because of the value but would stay there again for reasons above.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We had a free upgrade for our week. Free Tram stop is at the corner. Catering and all the service are excellent. The staff was awsome. Thank you to You All.:-) espeacially to Ashley, Friedrica, Oscar. Wonderful beer allways with a smile.:-)

• Deluxe Twin Room

Because to meet their 11:00 AM check out time, I rushly packed my luggage and forgot a mobile phone charger in the room, I phoned the hotel if they can leave at reception I can pick up later, the staff just say no, nothing, no record. Too quick, too bad, not helpful. You can't sue them for a little charger.

Nothing I like

• Deluxe Queen Room

A tray of uneaten food and rubbish sat outside the lift for the entire time we were there. Housekeeping may need to lift their game a bit.

Huge bed, free upgrade to balcony! Breakfast included in room price was delicious and being a coffee snob the coffee was one of the best I have had in all the hotels I have stayed. I even took home the complimentary bathroom products as they were amazing, I never do that! Unfortunately we only stayed one night for footy but will definitely be back.

• Deluxe Twin Room

the lighting in the room. the power outlet points next to the bed couldn't hold my phone charger cord. had to charge the phone on another outlet.

I appreciated the Foxtel in my room and how quiet the room was on the 5th floor, even though my room was facing the street. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Excellent stay overall. The staff were very accommodating. They let me check in 30 mins early and when United Airlines lost my luggage, the front staff called the airlines to followed up for me when my luggage would be delivered. I extended my stay an extra 3 days and in total spent 10 days at Jasper Hotel. It was very clean, excellent service and close to the tram and Queen Victoria Market. I would definitely stay here again 😊

• Deluxe Twin Room

The late night check was a bit weird, it would be great if this information was provided in the emails - call the number when you arrive after 11pm - that would be handy.

The breakfast were delicous! All the staff were super friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The small window. The noise from the street. Small room...looked bigger in picture. The offsite parking. The smell outside the hotel.

The bed was comfortable. The free hostel. The fresh juice

• Deluxe Twin Room

I would like you too stop sending bloody emails in the middle of the night or anytime. I find it most annoying and don't wish to discuss anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Family Suite

Double Bed in our room was very uncomfortable a big whole in one side of the sofa. in the Bath room the glass door was very hard to open and close and I was concerned that it would break if pushed to hard and with young children was very worrying.

Location and Staff

The mattress was uncomfortable and not enough blankets. Had to get a spare one out as it was cold

The shower was great. The room was spacious. The location was good as we went to rod laver arena and were able to catch trams freely. Staff at desk friendly

• Deluxe Twin Room

- Though not controlled by the hotel, parking nearby was expensive ($47 per night!) - The bathrooms had this semi-transparent glass between the room and the shower. Perhaps, there could be blinds as well.

- Room was decent-sized - Service staff was great and responsive - It's convenient (50m away from a tram stop) - Cleaning was great and done every day - Lifts were sufficient and I've never had a long wait time like other hotels

• Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were super comfy. The lovely staff upgraded us to their best room. Great location- right near the Queen Victoria market. But the rooms were so quiet you wouldn't have known you were in the CBD.

• Deluxe Queen Room

No restaurant. Noisy aircon. Dated bathroom. Couldn't see any in room menu, no snacks / mini bar. No blinds just one dark blind to blot out western sun. No comfy chair in room. Not aware of any business centre.

Bed comfortable. Nice bar, Pleasant staff. Good toiletries.

• Elizabeth Street Balcony Room

cleanliness of shower tiling - mould visible. (needs re-silicon to remove) carpet not spot cleaned - stains adjacent to door. tea and coffee area (behind cupboard door) very cramped and awkward - need to close door to get past with cups of coffee or tea. Hard uncomfortable bed pillows too soft. Located on Lv 3 - balcony room = noise from street (people/trams/traffic) is constant. To have a quieter area, may be better to choose opposite side rooms, or internal courtyard rooms.

breakfast at jasper kitchen very nice, good coffee, friendly service - reasonably priced too. good shower, plenty of room - great shower head. open air balcony area great for late night wine and bite to eat. reasonable selection of tea's and coffee or hot chocolate. bathroom = complimentary soaps, shampoo/conditioner, shower cap/ cotton buds a nice touch.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I understand ID must be taken to secure payment on check-in, however handing over both credit card & drivers licence to someone who goes out of sight to photocopy them is not COOL. This process should be done in clear sight of guest to ensure these important forms of ID are handled properly. Hotel was very noisy both outside and in. Doors make a very loud noise when closing.

Didnt have breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room

The sewage smell near McDonald’s And the junkies across the street. That’s out of your control but still a large negative.

Brent took good care of me The room was promptly cleaned every day The coffee was excellent along with the fresh juices I had a good experience and would like to go back

• Deluxe Queen Room

Carpet a bit dirty, but wasn’t a big issue.

Bed was super comfortable and air conditioning was very powerful for a cool sleep! It was especially hot during our visit to Melbourne and the room was a nice retreat. Right next door to Queen Victoria Night Market which has a huge outdoor music/food/shopping festival every Wednesday night—added bonus.

• Deluxe Queen Room

View is not much good from hotel

Jasper hotel very near by queen Victoria market and tram stop. Coffee cafe, street food shops on walking distance from hotel. McDonald just next to jasper hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Initial problem with airport shuttle service. Should have booked earlier.

Staff made extra effort to correct shuttle problem: initially booked out but staff arranged an alternative. Shuttle arrived in good time in the morning for stress-free transport to airport. Appreciated the modern, clean, comfortable bedroom and new bathroom and shower facilities. Needs were catered for: hanging space in wardrobe with lots of hangers as well as new iron and ironing board. There was also a very good hair-dryer and electric jug as well as ample tea and coffee, clean utensils, and milk in the bar fridge. Especially enjoyed the great view over the city and the central location near Victoria markets with a great variety of eating places nearby. Would not look to any other accommodation than this on a return trip to Melbourne.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Bar staff seemed unorganised, same with reception staff (they could not find my prior payment and wanted to charge me twice at the check in).

The location was really great. It was super quiet.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was very uncomfortable. Room was tatty with chipped skirting boards and old carpet. Bathroom had bugs in drains (silverfish maybe?) and shower tap was broken so couldn’t be used properly. Bathroom sink tap was either a trickle or a deluge, no in between. A/C was so loud, made it difficult to sleep. Also walls are very thin so noise from rooms next door could be heard all night.

Location and staff were great.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The noise from the busy street directly outside the hotel made it impossible to sleep. In the early hours of the morning it also seemed to be turned into a race track for loud sports cars.

The location of the hotel was excellent. Within walking distance of many points of interest and close to food bars and restaurants.

Nothing, we will be returning to The Jasper

We had a garden room and it was lovely to sit outside with a cup of coffee. The room was spacious and modern. The bathroom was clean and looked new.

• Premium Double Room with Courtyard Access

We stayed there for five nights and housekeeping department didn’t change bed sheet, pillow cover. We received duet sheet with old stain. Duet sheet was also not new. During our five nights stay nobody bother to bring us water bottle or change the used glasses and nobody did vaccume in our room. In washroom, nobody clean the floor and even didn’t change soap.

Room was awesome. Modern style bedroom in jasper hotel on second floor of building.

• Deluxe Queen Room

After the next day, I didn't get any new shampoo after I finished using it. Besides that, they didn't refill the tea packs and didn't help me to clean up the cup I used it. Is was little disappointed for the cleanliness action.

Everything is good. The environment is strategies, just nearby the Queen Victoria Market. It easy for us to buy foods and souvenirs.

• Deluxe Twin Room

inhouse restaurant was closed due to private function which was bad. also no car parking facility.it was annoyed to pulling baggage on the road to the public car park closer to the hotel.

overall room was good and clean.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The Jasper Hotel proved to be a good position to see Melbourne from. Good access to amenities and transport. The room in the hotel was on the sixth floor and was positioned at the rear of the building which did not suffer from the street noise which I imagine could be loud given the amount of traffic and trams. We had an open aspect view towards the docklands area and overlooking the Victoria market. All in all the hotel was a good choice and reasonable price for the room which was functional and comfortable.. The breakfasts were chosen to order - not buffet - but were always more than enough for the average appetite. The staff were cheerful and accommodating especially Lee on reception who always greeted you with a genuine smiling face. Would definitely stay there again.

All good

My wife and I chose this hotel as we were attending a concert at Rod Laver Arena. The hotel is in a fantastic location right next to Victoria Market and several excellent cafes and restaurants. (We had fantastic tapas at El Rincon on Victoria Street!). The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming, and we noted the they performed a variety of tasks including working behind the bar and serving/waiting on in the restaurant too! The service was excellent in all areas. The hotel itself is modern, and our room was bright and clean, with a decent-sized flat-screen TV. Foxtel was a nice bonus! The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed comfortable. We enjoyed a glass of wine sitting on the spacious balcony looking out onto the hustle and bustle of Elizabeth street. Breakfast was included with our booking, and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Jasper hotel is a modern, no-frills hotel, with staff who understand good customer service. This hotel is very good value for money, and we will definitely book again for future short stays in the CBD.

Browse Jasper Hotel traveller photo gallery