Reviews of Novotel Perth Langley 4.5 stars

221 Adelaide Terrace, Perth CBD, 6000 Perth, Australia

#46 of 107 hotels in Perth

• Standard Queen Room

Aircon didn't seem to be working too well, but being winter not really a problem.

Comfortable room with corner windows giving great city views. Perfect location for attending an event at Optus Stadium. Fabulous breakfast with dedicated gluten-free options. Will probably make this our base hotel for future trips to Perth.

• Standard King Room

No remote control for the TV. did ring down to reception who said they would get one sent up but nothing came. Breakfast was cold . not enough supply of food topped up with demand. only 5 staff so understaffed as restaurant for bfast was full. tables not cleared.. when we arrived no knives/ forks on empty tables so had to take spares on used tables. coffee machine not working .. in that case it would of been good to have a staff member going around on your arrival asking your coffee order. one more mature lady trying to keep up and be efficient but just not enough staff and didnt seem to be anyone taking a supervisory role to advice staff of what needed to be done.

The bed was really comfy and the room space as we were on the corner. The guy at reception (intern) was pleasant and efficient. The trainee at reception who checked us in provided good service but hard to understand..

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed (3 Adults)

Room service menu had not been updated to restaurant prices so I was 'over charged' when placing my order. Wifi was not complimentary.

Bed was comfortable, water hot although the glass soap holder broke in my hand causing a small cut to my finger.

For a suite I was disappointed that we were only on the 1st floor with a roof and a railing just outside our window Our room was 105 Normally we love staying there Might need a little refurbish too

• Standard Twin Room

Room without heater , breakfast not enough varieties and a bit expensive

Cleanliness, very kind staff, room service was quick, reception staff very professional

• Standard Queen Room

Car parking was pretty expensive! I was there for just over 12 hours yet had to pay for the full day. This was the only disappointing part of my stay.

The bed was extremely comfy! The room was larger than I expected too, which was lovely.

• Standard Queen Room

Being offered a complimentary 'proper' coffee by the Receptionist in the morning when we phoned for some coffee (as there was only decaf in the room)

It was a pain to have to reconnect to WiFi every day as I have stayed in other hotels and the WiFi was a one time access for the duration of my stay

All staff very helpful and pleasant

• Standard Queen Room

beds could have had a pillowtop otherwise comfort level ok. Spa water seemed a bit icky.

Liked the breakfast staff coming around offering proper made coffee. Room service was good

• Standard Queen Room

Tired and dated room. Paid high price for hotel based on reputation. Unfortunately bathroom needed updating. Bath enamel had worn leaving a rusty patch on the base. Therefore only able to shower. Complimentary water not available.

• Standard Queen Room

I ended up contracting food poisoning and ended up not working for 3.5 days losing approximately $400.00 in wages and spending over $100.00 on medications. I ate in my room and ordered the Butter chicken with rice and accompaniments. The chicken I felt was perhaps not cooked properly which caused in my feeling extremely ill for the next 4 days. I would stay again, but I would not ordered from the restaurant again!

Bathroom dirty!

Rooms are ok, bathrooms are not the cleanest! Need to get rid of bath tubs/ shower set up.. just a shower is better. Breakfast was very good.

• Standard Queen Room

The bathrooms are becoming a little outdated

The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Breakfast and coffee are always good. A nice clean affordable hotel at a good location :)

The staff were extremely nice. The room was way better than expected and me and my partner got a free complimentary bottle of champagne for our one year anniversary. The view is amazing and overall it is the best hotel I’ve ever stayed at.

• Standard Queen Room

Bathroom needs to be re-decorated. Wifi should be included in the hotel price. 10$ per day is quite an amount.

Good size of the hotel room. Also easy to access the parking. The hotel is located closely to the harbour and its attractions. Possibility to do self-laundry was appreciated.

Parking was expensive even if you are a guest, which is weird to charge your guest for parking. The room card was not really reliable, as our room card was not able to swipe the lift to get to our floor, and we were charged for changing the card?! So make sure your card works throughout your stay else they would charge you for it.

It is located close to the city, basic facilities like printing, gym, jacuzzi, bar, restaurants are available. We got early check in as we arrive early morning, and we got to have breakfast on the day of arrival instead of our last day.

• Standard Queen Room

The street noise in the mornings,the cleaning staff noise in the mornings , the cost of parking..the lack of a mini bar price list in room. I was not given a receipt upon checkout.

The pub downstairs.

• Standard Queen Room

Breakfast 23 dollar too expansive. It wasnt included in the room rate. Hence , i choose to have breakfast somewhere else.

Staff was very friendly and helpfull

No mini bar menu so didn't know what the prices were. Also the pump for the spa is right next to your head when in the spa. Very loud

Room was very large

• Standard Queen Room

nothing I can think of - other than I lost my Apple wall charger - room 915 did you find it lol

5 star service and facility and remarkably good rates - when I travel i want the room in such a way I just fit in and dont notice anything about the room then im happy :-)

• Standard Twin Room

Lee was amazing at breakfast always went out of his way to ensure we had a halal breakfast! We had a late check out..kept our bags at the hotel and came back to use the spa & showers before we left! Amazing view from level 12!

Only had 3 pillows on the bed. Bed was to soft. Bathrooms desperately need an upgrade, white tile grout was discoloured and mouldy. I expected more based on the photos of the room.

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

Not being able to get a parking spot in there car park.

The ease to get to the fireworks was wonderful. Food and service in 5 Senses restaurant was excellent given such a very busy night.

• Standard Queen Room

Think the bath could have been replaced. Also, do not like showers in baths! A separate shower would have been better.

The room was very comfortable and there was plenty of space. Was very pleased to note the coffee-making facilities and the mini fridge.

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed (3 Adults)

The pillows weren't my favourite part, though being so dog tired after finishing work at 0200 hours I managed a reasonable night's sleep. Getting pillows right is always tough but having a few height or density options would be better.

The staff are Novotel's greatest strength........so helpful, cheerful and engaging. Everyone from the chef who realised there was a problem with the boom gates, the wait staff at the restaurant and the reception team - all great. I really loved that they were able to accommodate my bike - stored it safely in one of their conference rooms. I thought that was a little above and beyond.

• Standard Queen Room

There were not many restaurants near the hotel.

The hotel was in a good location for sightseeing being a short walk to Elizabeth Quay to pick up the boats and ferries to Rottnest Island and near the Perth Mint.

• Standard Queen Room

There's not a single thing I can think of that I didn't like

The staff were wonderful, everyone I interacted with were beyond amazing and made me feel so welcome. I also got complimentary fruit which was a touch that put a smile on my face and left it on there the whole night. I cannot wait to come back :)

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

1. Staff - at check out I spent 10 mins requesting a copy of the invoice. The female staff kept telling me she can't give me an invoice because I paid booking.com directly. I finally showed her my online credit card transaction which says I paid Novotel, then she turned around and asked another staff if they can give out invoice and her colleague said yes. She gave it to me, no apologies at all for her lack of knowledge of their own process and wasting my time. Novotel looks like where most airline crews stay, and they come in big groups. I had 2 nights where I waited more than 15 mins for a lift because of that, different airlines each night. I requested specifically for a higher level room at booking and got level 1. I was told that's the only room available. If your rooms are mostly occupied don't offer the option to choose floor, it's misleading if you can't guarantee.

Location is ok, not exactly central but enough choice for meals.

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

The toilette could be newer. The hot water was sometimes problematic, either it gets to hot or to cold from time to time and I couldn't easily set it up. The one person at the reception could trust their guests a bit more, when they exchange money. I was trying to exchange 100 Euros to Australian dollars, I had to wait more than 8 minutes for it. When I left the hotel and asked for the way how to get to the airport, they gave me the wrong Bus number, they could maybe check it online instead of guessing (I had no internet access after I checkout out, otherwise I would do it myself.)

I liked the nice staff during the breakfast! They were really friendly. Nice location! Good bus connections!

• Standard King Room

Bathroom was cramped and poorly designed. Shower was in the bath, not ideal if you are pregnant.

Breakfast was awesome. Amenities were close by and so were bus stops.

• Standard Queen Room

Dirty, un-chlorinated water in both spas on the Sunday. Reported to staff. Was told 'it was busy the day before(Saturday), that's why it's dirty today, and will be cleaned out tomorrow(Monday)'

Fantastic breakfast

• Standard Queen Room

Was disappointed the property didn't have a pool. I obviously missed this on the facilities listing ( My Fault ). Also thought the windows were quite filmy.

• Standard King Room

No doona cover just a doona placed between sheets that had feathers coming out of it. The breakfast buffet food was very disappointing it was as if the cook had given up on their job. No pride at all in the food

Great location, the room was clean and welcoming and the staff were very nice.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Someone has run into the car that I hired in the under cover car park leaving damage to the drivers side rear bumper there was no note or details left.

The room was very noisy, both from above and the air conditioner, which I turned off to try and sleep.

Front desk staff, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast- good a great range and all very fresh.

• Standard Queen Room

Overall a simple hotel but clean- Front desk staff not attentive at all. Ignored my 12 year old son upon waiting for a request for extra towels and no answer on the phone when trying to call reception or housekeeping hence the reason to go downstairs. Also when asking a price difference on upgrading when checking in the staff member had no clue on pricing. That seemed odd as other hotels I’ve stayed at they automatically have it in the system.

The main part of our stay for the one night was the staff at breakfast. Christmas morning they were very cheerful and welcoming. Lots of staff,hence they were always on hand to do the amazing job that they do.Congrats to them and nice as a guest to have felt so welcomed but to also view how hard they worked. Nice work Novotel!!

• Standard Queen Room

Room very clean, bathroom towels large, thick & fluffy. Breakfast very good. Reception on arrival very welcoming, thorough in explaining details. All staff very pleasant. Easy walk to events at Langley Park

• Standard Queen Room

Room- Run down Dirty carpet (stained) Dirty windows looking out to the river. Shower over the bath (change it that is not modern or 'in' anymore) maybe back in the day but it needs to go (personal choice) Door opens on to the toilet so the door was banging on the toilet every time my 3 year old would swing open the door of the bathroom.

I LOVED Sen5es the restaraunt is great, food grteat and customer service is brilliant. The meat is cooked to perfection. Brilliant all round.

• Superior King Room

The assistant manager was beyond amazing! We upgraded on site to a spa room and after speaking too her she upgraded us to a suite as a bonus, she also made us her visitor of the day with a free glass of wine each and some yummy treats! Above and beyond amazing service!

• Standard Queen Room

Phone didnt work. Towels were located in different areas (thought there was only 1). Cleaners need to check walls/roof. Some splash food/drink marks from previous people.

Good eggs benedict! Comfortable bed! Really great staff, easy booking. Loved the irish pub just down stairs!

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

During breakfast if you order a machine coffee like espresso cappuccino and similar things it took too long to get it as there is only one person x day operating the machine and the same person takes the coffee to each table so was very slow process

• Standard Queen Room

Issues with air conditioning. Staff responded in very professional and helpful manner, but temperature issues not resolved. Rate reduction appreciated but gesture did not make up for lost sleep and 2 changes of rooms. In Australia, air conditioning should be able to be varied room by room to suit individual preferences, and always anticipate sudden weather variations.

having to walk approx. 1 klm for parking

no parking was available- no in house movies- system under repair- this has been like it for my last 4 stays over the past 12 months, not really good enough

• Standard Twin Room

Friendly and helpful staff, spacious room, 3 nice big bath towels, good toiletries. Woogi espresso is just around the corner if you'd like good coffee, sandwiches/sweet treats next morning.

• Standard Queen Room

The cost of taxi from Perth airport provided on the information While booking was about low contradictory to the real cost we paid the taxi which was twice as much!!!!!

It was located in the city area and not difficult to travel to the city. The staff was good but gave improper suggestion to buy things from the convenient store instead of the other minimarts closed by as the stuff there were too expensive cost more than the other minimarts. The staff seemed to give help with the Uber but could not finally.

• Standard Queen Room

My room was extremely dated/run down. For quite an expensive hotel I was disappointed by this. The bathroom was very dark (impossible to do makeup). There was no desk, despite hosting numerous conferences. There was a very old kitchenette, but no cutlery/equipment provided (need to call housekeeping) and I didn't have a room service menu in the room. Overall quite odd for what is marketed as 4+ star property.

The location was reasonably good (coffee shop across the road), walking distance to CBD.

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

The bathroom was dated and the air conditioner was so cold. I wasn't able to adjust the temperature either.

The breakfast could sustain you for an entire day. The beds were lovely and very comfortable. They also had great facilities including a full gym and rooftop spa

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

Maybe a exhaust fan in the bathrooms?😜

Staff very amazing from checkin to checkout. Was attending the colour run with a work colleague who has terminal cancer. My husband and I both appreciated the late checkout and the way you accomodated this request was great. We ordered room service and that was yummo probably the only feedback I would suggest is making sure the process for getting out the car park and being given an exit card on checkout. I had to go back up to reception along with another customer but other than that keep up the great work.

• Standard Twin Room

The bathroom looked a bit dirty, I didn’t want to get into the shower. In the morning you could hear a lot of traffic which wasn’t too good either.

Bed was pretty comfy.

Room was very dated and could do with a refurb. Breakfast was very limited and all hot foods were cold. Not what you would expect from a hotel in the centre of the city. Would not stay again and would not recommend to any friends or family. Did not enjoy the fact that you are sitting trying to have a relaxing breakfast and trying to have a conversation with your partner and having constant interruptions from breakfast staff. Felt that wheeling a trolley around the tables with food scraps and dirty dishes was not very appropriate and also the wait staff were very scruffy in apperiance

the staff at reception were friendly

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

$35.00 for breakfast. I would have liked a light breakfast option. Bed was a bit hard for me.

The lady at reception was particularly helpful and got us settled comfortable. We also liked the pub where the man with the brown hat (Finney?) was also particularly good as was the food and the beer.

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

Only one bedside lamp with a queen bed. if you don't want people to have room service each day you need to supply more milk and teabags 3 per room per couple is not enough. (Trite but true).

Very comfortable bed. Great room service. Easy laundry facilities. Very friendly, happy staff.

• Standard Queen Room

The only issue was when we ordered room service the staff member made it clear that he was expecting a tip which made it quite awkward. The room was comfortable but could do with an upgrade in the upcoming years.

The staff were really lovely and accomodating. There was no parking due to it being a Saturday in the City but one staff member went out of his way to fit us in. All the front staff were amazing and allowed us for late check out.

• Standard Queen Room

Tv was not easy to use. Windows and window ledge dirty. Bathtube sticky and not clean. Some one else's half eaten icecream in frezzer.

Good view for our room. Very comfortable bed. Close to the airport.

Nothing bad stood out

Loved everything about our recent stay The staff were awesome and friendly The room was clean and well presented Great location

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel is starting to look dated.

The staff were extremely friendly. Excellent location. You can cstch a CAT bus into the city centre or it is just a short stroll.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The manager upon check in was very helpful and polite, a lovely French lady called latitia from memory, very nice manners and assisted us with directions to a nearby hotel where we were meeting friends.

• Standard Queen Room

Maybe for the price paid, breakfast could have been included. Also, when I reached there, no one offered to help with my heavy luggage. Staff needs to be more welcoming and hospitable!

The view from my room, the location of the hotel and the bed.

• Standard Queen Room

The customer service was outstanding. We were a large group with extended family, including elderly parents. The staff made our stay particularly special and went above and beyond to make my parents comfortable, nothing was too much trouble which was much appreciated. The beds were fantastic!

• Standard Queen Room

The whole place was crud I have paid half the price at a caravan park that was much nicer with a spa bath and clean. Novotel Langley is a huge disappointment and shows how crap the city of perth is.

• Standard Queen Room

We had a toilet leakage issue later in the evening so had to change rooms , otherwise everything was good.

The room service food we had for dinner was lovely. The bed was comfortable. The staff were very helpful.

• Standard Queen Room

If you have a large 4WD like we did best to go to the very lowest u/g parking as it was very tight to park.

Extremely comfortable clean beds and spotlessly clean room. Very simple and quick check-in procedure as well. Breakfast was the best I have had at any hotel in the last year with a great gent at the door arranging the seating & he was dressed nice and casual for the Sunday morning adding to the relaxed atmosphere. That breakfast was so yummy!

• Standard Queen Room

Rooms are very tired. Looks like the rooms were last overhauled in the 70's. Was quite shocked to walk from the plush lobby - to a virtually derelict room.

Breakfast was outstanding

• Standard Queen Room

Stairwells should be open for use. Impossible to visit friends on other floors unless you have a key for that floor (very restrictive lift usage)

Room was comfortable and clean.

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

hotel is starting to look a bit old in corridors and outside lifts on each floor. Could do with a bit of a makeover

the location was great with an easy walk to most places in the CBD

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed (3 Adults)

Food, light snacks or even hot drinks were not available after hours (eg after 10am) for room service. This resulted in all 3 of us starving and going to bed without food or drinks. Parking was inconvenient due to the limited availability.

Room cleanliness and comfort

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

We stayed here on our honeymoon 22 years ago and felt it was not of the high standard it was back then, it seems a bit tired and could do with a spruce up. Really disappointed there were no on-demand movies or even a Foxtel movie channel. We were having a weekend "staycation" because we live in Perth and we were looking forward to watching a movie or two but all we had was fox sports, Fox News channels, discovery channel or free to air TV to choose from!

The staff were very friendly, the location was good and the hotel wasn't super busy. Breakfast was great with a wide selection and the Senses restaurant was great too..: lovely food!

• Standard Queen Room

The service in the restaurant was not good with staff appearing not to be well organized.

All staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Food in the restaurant was excellent.

• Standard Twin Room

Key cards for lifts didn't work properly and we had family on another floor but could only use cards to get to our floor. No signs for lifts from car park area. Rooms were stuffy and air con didn't work well.

Beds were comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed

Parking in lower basement and the lifts had trouble with cards and getting them to work in lifts

It was all good friendly staff and clean rooms. Spas were amazing because of the view I think.hahahA nice work to all you peps at novatel..

Room electrical circuit limited to 20 amps. Two heaters + electric jug tripped circuit breaker, which was reset by maintenance in 10 minutes. It was a cold building and the air conditioning only cools not heats. It took me a day to figure out that the air conditioning needed to be turned off.

Business center free of charges and free of bugs.

• Standard Queen Room

Couldn't say anything bad about our stay. They also gave us free wine, chocolates and strawberries because it was my birthday! Oh and the breakfast is insane!!!

• Standard Queen Room with One Single Bed (3 Adults)

We checked in on a Saturday night. The hotel car park is full, street parking was also packed. We have travelled more than 500km that day and find it annoying to have to look for car park to settle. Good thing that there is an open car located about 300m from the hotel along the Swan River, which cost us AUD21 for the weekend overnight rate (compared to hotel parking rate of AUD15). As there is a bar on the Ground Floor, the music was very loud. This isn't the right accommodation if you are looking for a quiet night to settle in.

The breakfast spread is really good!

• Standard Queen Room

Parking is at a bit of a premium we checked in at 3.00 pm so there was none available had to park on road then go back later and was lucky to get one. I would advise anyone to check in early to make sure you get parking.

The breakfast was excellent staff all helpful and friendly. Location good and next door to Irish pub which was great for a late night drink. Good value hotel that is not too expensive.

• Standard Twin Room

It was great for what we wanted it for. The Resturants were very stylish, entrance was lovely, staff were great, large beds, no view but for the price we weren't complaining. It was all that the girls needed to relax before going out for a dinner celebration. It was a lovely suitable room. Will return for sure. Thank you