2. Australia hotel reviews
  3. New South Wales hotel reviews
  4. Lismore hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Lismore Gateway Motel

Reviews of Lismore Gateway Motel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

99 Ballina Rd, 2480 Lismore, Australia

#3 of 12 hotels in Lismore

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Great pool, excellent A/C.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It’s not in central Lismore, but that’s not an issue if you’re happy to walk 5 minutes, or pop in the car and drive round the corner.

Great pool, excellent A/C. We had the apartment, which was perfect for what we needed. A great motel, and even though it’s on the main road, it’s quiet.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Really clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A toaster in the room would be great. And a cold fridge on arrival as opposed to having to turn it up when we got there and have to wait for it to cool significantly. Extra pillows in cupboard for pull out bed would be good.

Really clean and comfortable. Nice big bathroom and comfy bed. Quiet at night and nice swimming pool and grass area around pool.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

The apartment (room 34) had everything needed for our four...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No gym to work out is an issue for future bookings as a person in an unfamiliar town requires a safe place to exercise within a centre they have paid considerably for.

The apartment (room 34) had everything needed for our four night stay. Excellent room!

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Absolutely loved it! Home away from home!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I LOVED everything about Lismore Gateway Motel. The very friendly and helpful management and staff. The pool was fantastic with resort style gardens and water feature. No expense spared with the updated motel and restaurant after the floods. Nicole and Stephanie treated us like friends. Thank you!

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Great place to stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was very clean and practical. The service on arrival was professional and very polite. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

Friendly people and a very clean, comfortable room.

Friendly people and a very clean, comfortable room. We had arranged Christmas lunch with family including 2 elderly parents. Food was plentiful and Nicole and the team helped make it a Christmas to remember.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Best hotel in a small town.

The cost of breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. Very expensive for what you get. Food was good not great since I thought it would be great fro the prices. all in all a very good hotel to stay at in Lismore.

The bed was huge.. Bigger then a king and very comfortable. Room looked out to the pool area. Big room and nice size bathroom.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

convenient location, comfy bed, convenient parking and lift-...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Our second time staying here. On our first stay the unit had a generously-sized shower - great! This time the unit had only a bathtub with shower over the bathtub. Extremely wide step required to get into the bath-tub to access the shower. No grab-rail, there was only a towel -rail and if you started falling I suspect it would have let got of the wall. Felt uncomfortable and downright dangerous. I suggest get rid of these hybrid bathrooms and have a minimum of bathtub-only units for people so inclined.

convenient location, comfy bed, convenient parking and lift- no need use stairs!!

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

The PERFECT place to stay for a business trip.

Nothing, all good :)

Everything was marvellous. The second time I have stayed here.............................and I will continue to book here!! The food is great!!

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Even though i have been critical it was a lovely facility and we will stay again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The uniform worn by the breakfast waitress was revolting, short shirt and tights nothing really left to the imagination. Check in guy seemed bored out of his brain. Steak for dinner was tough, breakfast was greasy. The photos on website showed a bigger room to the one we received.

The motel was modern and really clean, pool was lovely grounds and gardens beautiful. Hotel manager was really helpful and pleasant. The room was lovely and quiet, been able to open the window was great. Having a lift was great. Dinner staff were really lovely and helpful. Loved that we could eat at our motel.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

The location was close to where we wanted to be.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom was very wet all the time and the towels wouldn't dry. The water from the shower was all over the bathroom floor. It made it difficult to use the bathroom.

The location was close to where we wanted to be. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Great staff .

No breakfast on Sunday morning .... Room "dressing" was very simple ... no pictures on walls etc ... Some King rooms have balconies where others don't .... seems luck of the draw

Great staff .... Great breakfast .... Comfortable bed .... Undercover parking

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

This is the second time we've stayed at Lismore Gateway.

This is the second time we've stayed at Lismore Gateway. Facilities are clean and modern, check in and check out was easy, and the location is nice and central, great if you're travelling around. Will definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Great place to stay in Lismore.

Free undercover off street parking, comfortable king sized bed ,immaculately clean, spacious modern bathroom with an abundance of soft, fluffy towels, great hot water,lift access from the carpark, close to shopping centre of Lismore and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

A very quick but enjoyable stay. will definatly come back again. Very clean and tidy
    • Family Room

extra pull out bed not what we thought we were getting. we booked for 2 x doubles and a single bed. my 17yr old son is very tall and the bed was to small. more blankets would have been nice

clean clean clean! thanku we love clean! room size and lay out. we didnt get time to use the pool or restaurant - which is a shame as they all look so inviting

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Handy location, undercover parking with a lift to the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Our meal was overlooked in thw restaurant, apart from that everything else was fine.

Handy location, undercover parking with a lift to the accommodation.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Restful stay in Lismore

Very comfortable king sized bed, great modern bathroom with extra towels(two per person for a one night stay) complimentary bottle of chilled water which was very much appreciated as other motels charge for this. Sofa to sit on. Immaculately clean. Great view over the pool with a small balcony with outdoor setting. Safe off street undercover parking. We had dinner at "Fire in the Belly" Italian Restaurant in Dawson Street -great food and wonderful staff.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Clean, comfortable, great location.

The price of $175 was a bit high for one room for one night. It could have included breakfast and I'd have been very happy.

The motel was very clean and well maintained. Staff were friendly. I loved the water and ice machine in the hall, where I could refill water bottles. The shower is spacious, with good water pressure and plenty of hot water for three of us. The balcony overlooking the pool was a lovely spot to sit whilst waiting for my family to shower and get ready each morning.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Loved it!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I would have loved some peppermint tea in the room!

Having left something behind at the motel, the staff kindly went above and beyond to return it to me. In this day and age, that is very rare. The comfy bed and the bathroom were first rate.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Good position and very clean

Was very disappointed that on the nights I was there over the long weekend the restaurant was not operating for dinner or breakfast ......for a motel I found his very strange . No person on site over the 2 days ....phone number provided if needed though. Also there was a very strong spray used when I entered the room which gave me asthma and I had to leave ( which I was doing anyway so not a big deal)...forgot to mention this to the owner.....

The location was excellent and the room large and clean . Am now at Caruarina and a much better deal for the price in an upmarket room so interesting ........

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Bright, spacious room, free standing shower cubicle and pleasant staff!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The opportunity to have a Toaster in the room would have been an welcome addition! Although there was a public Laundry facility opposite the Motel, the convenience of Laundry facilities within the 'Property' would have been welcome.

Reception Staff Member was most obliging when I requested to change room which could accommodate my requirement of a stand alone shower. Unfortunately I had recently incurred an injury to my knee and therefore was not able to step into the bath in order to have a shower. As soon as a room with the required 'facility' became available my Husband and I were able to relocate!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Not going back

As bove

Very disappointed the resturant isn't open on weekends dinner or breakfast the reason we booked this 4 star motel was it had a resturant only till we booked in that we told the resturant isn't open on weekends and the ace was full don't deserve 4 stars

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

The reception staff are so friendly and helpful and the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Queen room compared to the king rooms are on the smaller side, but they are still comfortable enough for two people

The reception staff are so friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Made my stay in Limore pleasant
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Friendly & accomodating staff, clean rooms & comfortable beds , restaurant provided good food .. I would stay there again & recommend it to others.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Great place, preferred location whenever i'm in Lismore.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wifi was very flakey and trying to case to the TV via the application that is bult for the TV didn't work. The application itself refused to connect to the TV from my iphone (althoght supported on the TV model and both appeared on the same netwrok).

Service from night manager Amanda was outstanding.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Perfect for the price!!

Nil

Arrived late at night, needed an extra bed in our room, staff where nothing but helpful and friendly, switched us to another room no hassles. Restaurant was A grade, dinner and breakfast, highly recommended and will stay again.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Staff amazingly friendly and helpful, especially Brendan . Food extremely good.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Foxtel or the like would be a great idea? Can the room fridges have a freezer please? Otherwise perfect for what I needed

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. One staff member in particular, Brendan went out of his way to help. Gave me great suggestions re food (which was fantastic) and stored freezer bricks for me in order to keep the vaccines I had with me at the right temperature. I told the staff as I was leaving that I travel a lot and I always complete the review after and this one would be fantastic. Great job guys. You’re obviously hiring the right staff! I’ll be back again next year.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Good location for us as we needed to be close to the uni.

The receptionist.

Nice clean motel. Receptionist on arrival was rude, no people skills. Lovely pool area and clean. Good location and the balcony rooms are the ones to book.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Good to sleep - but no breakfast
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Restaurant does not operate on Sundays or Public Holidays, which meant that the restaurant was closed for breakfast. Previous ownership had the restaurant open for breakfast on week-ends. Given that we only come to stay on week-ends and public holidays, it means that breakfast is not available. It would be great if the owners provided suggestions for breakfast options. We never saw any management staff in our whole stay as reception was also closed.

The accommodation is great. Nice, clean room.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

The nicest place in Lismore
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Would have loved a microwave. It is helpful for people with babies to be able to heat formula and meals. People in the room next to us drank and smoked all night and were yelling and laughing loudly until 6am.

Staff were awesome - great sense off humour and lovely food at the restaurant. Lovely huge bathtub.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

Well appointed room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We enjoyed our stay and the restaurant but there was just one hiccup.My husband vacated the room at9.30am having first removing the 'do not disturb ' sign, on our return at 4.30pm we were surprised to find the room hadn't been serviced.

Well appointed room.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Clean and comfortable

The vending machine could have been filled with more options and the ice despencer was not working.

Very clean and comfortable. Had a good nights sleep. Large bathroom with ample space for sharing. I loved having access to Netflix on the tv!

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

Extremely disappointing.

Extremely poor staff attitude, rude, unhelpful, especially on check out. Wanted access to the room prior to 8.45 am for cleaning. Staff eating morning tea in foyer next to reception, very unprofessional. Staff answered phone to reception with "yeah". Nice venue but terrible service standards. Same staff serving in restaurant at night doing house keeping in day, poor service all round.

Comfortable room, good facilities and location, clean and tidy

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Have stayed before will stay again has become hotel go

Close to city centre easy to find didn't have the bacon only regular breakfast the pool looked inviting the weather didn't and the rooms clean and quite which was amazing on main road also the bathroom and shower power was great

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

extremely perfect would recommend
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We liked almost everything probably one of the best motels we have ever stayed in and we have travelled the world. Everything was in full working order. We arrived late due to traffic and the restaurant and bar were just closing. The young lady Jess was at reception quickly booked us in went to the bar to serve us drinks and got us some hot chips from the kitchen to snack on even though she was due to finish. It really made a change to have such a wonderful welcome. Room was lovely and the lighting unusually for a motel or hotel room.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

We were happy and would use this establilshmet again.

Not enough of the tiny soap cakes provided during our stay and that with the one and only tiny bath/shower gel was insufficient for two people for the 4 days. The day before we booked out we were left with only a small amount of toilet paper on a roll and no reserve roll. We were forced to obtain more from friends in another room as the reception was closed early on the Saturday evening.

The reception staff were very obliging in every way. We had some alterations to our booking but nothing was a bother to them. The room was clean, well appointed and quiet.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

Modern, clean and quiet
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were modern and clean and the bathrooms were refurbished. The parking was undercover. The location was quiet. There was early check in and we were able to get a late check out. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Lovely hotel.
    • Family Room

Nothing - would highly recommend this hotel.

Lovely hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff throughout our stay. The family room was really spacious with plenty of room for all our luggage. Netflix included was a great bonus especially for the children. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

The Gateway, everything you would need in one comfortable place.

It was all good.

It was a revelation to find a really well run and serviced place to stay in Lismore. The last time we were in Lismore the motel we stayed in was very below par. The Dinner in the (just reopened, after the flood) restaurant was delicious and reasonably priced, and the service excellent , as flooding is a problem there sometimes, the only rooms downstairs are reception rooms, and all the bedrooms are upstairs, which is just one floor, however there is a lift opening on to the underground carpark at the back of the building, giving cars shade and security. We will return there next time, we're in Lismore.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2017

Polite and friendly reception and great pillows.

Nothing We will be back

Room was spacious and clean. After staying in places with few Power Points it was such a comfort to have so many. Even a point each in the bedhead. Pillows were amazing. Never seen 3 each on the bed Reception rang us and said we were most welcome to come earlier if we wanted to. That has never happened to us on our travels.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Very well situated.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Can't complain as it fitted my needs very well.

Very well situated. I had a back room so very quiet. Front rooms could be noisy as on main road out of Lismore. I was very happy with facilities and service

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Very comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I mistakenly left a piece of property behind in the room. They were going to check with housekeeping before getting back to me. Never heard back!

Comfy bed. Nice roomy bathroom

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Fanastic motel great service highly recommend staying here.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Love everything about this motel the wonder boys on reception are outstanding and go out if their way to help you.

Excellent bathroom,bed so comfortable almost forgot where I was!!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

I don't believe this motel to be an honest service...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I don't believe this motel to be an honest service provider. They use booking.com T&C's as excuse to charge another night accommodation if the circumstances allow.....

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

Water damaged.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Lift was not working and the restaurant was closed due to the damage caused by the floods. This should have been flagged up on booking.com.

Comfortable room

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Doing a good job considering the recent devastating floods.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Doing a good job considering the recent devastating floods. The restaurant was not functional, but that was understandable due to the water depth through the property, just a minor inconvenience.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2017

Check in staff very friendly.

The room had a smell that made it feel unclean (I understand there have been floods, not sure if that affected the smell.) The carpets were pretty dirty. There was no crockery or cutlery...I understand there is a restaurant attached but it was not operational...I had to go buy crockery and cutlery to eat our dinner which we got takeaway as my friend was very ill - we were in Lismore to see a doctor. When I asked at the desk they just said they couldn't help at all...no toaster in the room either.

Check in staff very friendly. Generally clean and tidy - bed was really big - good for man who is 6'6" tall!

• Reviewed: May 13, 2017

Clean and cheerful
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Ok so I'm sympathetic to the fact that this area is recovering from a major flood so I'm not sure if these complaints are due to that. 1. Hot water was not hot. Went to have a hot bath and it was only luke warm. Elevator was broken and my room was the furtherest away from the stairs- the last thing I felt like doing after such a long drive. Initially excited about an ice machine led to huge disappointment upon finding it didn't work. My room was near a dog that whined and barked forever making it difficult to relax . The room itself was clean and comfortable and the staff lovely. I'm hoping it is all due to the recent floods.

Comfy bed and pillows. Pretty good wifi

• Reviewed: March 12, 2017

Fantastic motel!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Perhaps a little cheaper per night.

Very modern. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and free wifi! Nice pool, nice restaurant, very easy parking which is free. Ice machine and vending machine in hallway. Aldi is across the road, and lots of restaurant options close by. Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2017

Excellent place to stay

Little bit overpriced for the region but well worth it.

Loved the breakfast, also loved that there were powerpoints on the side of the bed for charging your phone! Comfy, huge bed! Shower was amazing.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2017

The barramundi and veggies were superb!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was not told there was a shower over the bath and would have preferred a shower alone without a bath tub!

The barramundi and veggies were superb! It was very quiet!

• Reviewed: February 13, 2017

Modern, clean motel with friendly staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Restaurant closed on Sunday (like just about everything else in Lismore), perhaps an umbrella or some sort of shade around the pool would be nice.

Modern, clean motel. Friendly staff. Good food in restaurant. Lovely swimming pool

• Reviewed: February 3, 2017

Very comfortable and staff thoughtful
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There was really nothing that I would have wanted them to do that wasn't done.

Staff are excellent. I had overlooked that I would be arriving after reception was closed. Staff contacted me to check my arrival time and provided me with directions and a code for the after hours security box. Also copied some city maps for me and left them in the room. The balcony off my room was a lovely place to sit if an afternoon and the pool clean and refreshing. I didn't eat at the restaurant so can't make any comment regarding meals.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2017

unexpected quality , highly recommended.

nothing all was good

staff were friendly and efficient , dinner in the restaurant was excellent and competitively priced, pool exceptional ,nice relaxing atmosphere and very quiet considering full capacity, i did not expect this level of quality around this area.Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2017

Motel offering great facilities for Couples, Business or Families wanting a short stay in Lismore

Found the odour coming from the spray dispenser in the lift was quite overpowering and offensive smelling. Made you wonder what the room was going to be like as you entered.. Lovely staff and clean facilities made up for it even though I find it hard to erase the memory of the smelly lift. The traffic noise was a little loud out front if you wanted to leave the door open to the balcony.

Friendly staff, very clean and spacious. We didn't use the restaurant but it did look welcoming. Having a small shopping facility across the road was good. Lismore CBD was walking distance away.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

Staff where really pleasant and helpful.

They don't do breakfast on Sunday

Staff where really pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

We were very disappointed that the restaurant was not opened

We were very disappointed that the restaurant was not opened

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

Location and pool for kids to enjoy

Room without balcony as others had

Location and pool for kids to enjoy

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

I loved the pool.

I loved the pool.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Clean and newish with good aircon.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Clean and newish with good aircon.

Close to town centre.

Close to town centre. Netflix and you tube for entertainment. Nice pool and clean property.

Great facilities and exceptionally friendly staff

Great facilities and exceptionally friendly staff

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

it was good except no food for us as restaurant was closed.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

no restaurant for weekend we didn't expect restaurant in motel was closed on weekend.

quite place to stay

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

It was good will return again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The pool was not very private form the dining area very open

It wa central clean people were nice and friendly

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Ideal place in Lismore, better than most motels

No breakfast on Sunday

Very friendly staff - especially Stefanie

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Would recommend as a great place to stay.

Everything was fine.

Modern, large rooms, a good place to stay.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Below average

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

WOW

n/a

lots of room very very clean

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

The room smelt of cat pee

The room smelt of cat pee

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

The food was delicious.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom wasn't as clean as it could have been. There were black hairs in the shower and on the floor.

The food was delicious.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Enjoyable stay, great restaurant
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Bed could of been abit more comfortable

Great food at the restaurant Clean and comfortable room

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Great Spa bath!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There were barking dogs next door to the motel.

The spa bath was exceptional! The bed was huge and the wifi was great!

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Adequate
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very very basic accommodation.

The lady at reception was lovely. The room was quiet.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Good. Loved the restaurant.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Rail in the bath for safety.

The food at the restaurant was sensational !

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018