Reviews of Majestic Tynte Street Apartments 4 stars

82 Tynte Street, North Adelaide, 5006 Adelaide, Australia

#30 of 91 Holiday rentals in Adelaide

Good value.
    • Studio Apartment

The shower wasn’t hot enough. Had hot tap on full with no cold on and the water was only luke warm. Very low pressure.

The spaciousness of the room and the comfy bed. Location was quiet and close to nice Italian restaurant with great food.

Very Good Value for money, easy to book
    • Studio Apartment

Better signage were car park was, a few looked like big black marks on carpet,!! Can't remember being told or even reading about a $50 Bond that comes off your C/C, had to ring up and ask why the total price wasn't what was quoted, But this is returned after three business days

Two separate electric blankets, bed very comfy, sheets very clean,

Lovely location
    • Studio Apartment

WiFi was difficult. 40 minute walk to the city.

Good location near restaurants and lovely historic buildings. Secure parking. Large room. Good washing machine and dryer.

I don't know what Genius Perks I am suppose to get, so didn't answer
    • Studio Apartment

The only problem is the hot water it does take a long time to come through therefore a wast of good water.

This was the 4th time staying at the Majestic Apartment, we go there once a year from Coffs Coast, and stay 2 weeks. It is very convenient in North Adelaide with a free bus to the City of you want, Plenty of places to eat. The parking is secure and included with your accommodation. I would recommend this property to anyone.

My friends loved their stay and felt grand. I booked 2 apartments for a birthday surprise.

Missing milk in fridge.

Beautiful crisp sheets, comfy bed, lighting nice. My friends loved their surprise stay. It was a Birthday surprise night away. They were very happy indeed with the apartment. Didn't realise it was self contained, will remember for when we next book.

Compact, elegant, well priced, Just lush
    • Studio Apartment

No milk available in fridge to make coffee. Did Not overly like the check in style via telephone, I got a bit confused ( I'm used to a reception area) but the woman was helpful. Possible 2 strips one to put in room to turn power on, so if partner left with keys, I didn't have to sit in dark. A bigger sign on how to return the keys or the sign next to the lock (easy view). Only minor things.

Beautifully presented room, liked that they put my friends next to use. Decor neutral and lovely. Comfy bed. Close to the Nth Adelaide shops, cafe, bars. Like the little outside garden area out back.

We were delighted with our stay - in fact, I'm about to book another 2 nights.
    • Studio Apartment

My husband hit his head twice on the rangehood, which is a little low. But I think that's his own fault for being a slow learner!! ??**!

My husband (84yo) had day surgery at Calvary. We greatly appreciated being allocated a downstairs room right by our car.

Home away from home
    • Studio Apartment

I loved it! Checking in and out was a breeze. There's a phone outside the apartment building that will connect you directly to the reception staff. The staffs were friendly and very accommodating. They even let us check in earlier upon request, due to our early flight and that we were traveling with a kid.The unit was very clean, comfy, cozy, and welcoming after a few days of plane-hopping. The facilities were in very good condition. The basic kitchenette was complete with plates and cutleries, stove top, a microwave oven, mini fridge, and even dishwashing liquid. An iron and ironing board were provided as well. The washer and dryer makes a 6-day stay very comfortable. The bed, the bed is SUPER comfy. I can't even get my eyes to stay open once i dive onto the bed. The location is in North Adelaide, a very beautiful and quaint suburb filled with cafes and restaurants. There's even a Foodland within walking distance. Very close to the city. Within 5 minutes drive. Nearest bus stop is a 3-5 minutes walking distance. There's also free wifi for guests. All in all it was a very good stay, and we will definitely stay here again whenever we are back in Adelaide. Definitely home away from home.

Excellent location and outstanding quality rooms
    • Studio Apartment

Room was beautiful. Large and open, very comfortable with a large bed. The kitchen was great and everything was provided. Washer and dryer was an unexpected bonus and they even supplied some powder! It was very well located for a short walk to the Adelaide Oval. Plenty of food places for all tastes and easy to walk to. I would definitely recommend these apartments and already have! Will definitely use again if in Adelaide.

I would recommend this place as long as the aircraft noise is not an issue.
    • Studio Apartment

The only down side—-this area is directly beneath the flight path to the airport. Other tenants slamming doors was a constant.

I enjoyed my stay here very much. It was clean and the parking safe. It was especially nice to have the washing machine, dryer and WiFi.

Ideal for a city break!
    • Studio Apartment

The location in North Adelaide is excellent. Close to everything you could possibly need. The room was well laid out, relatively spacious and very well appointed We had a very comfortable stay and would certainly stay again.

Comfortable and relaxing.
    • Studio Apartment

We arrived during school pick up time and found it frustrating to locate a park in order to book in.

location was central to our destinations throughout our stay. We faced the carpark side which was quiet.

Great location but tired room.
    • Studio Apartment

My room (116) had tears in the sheer curtains, dirty marks on the main curtains & the hair dryer in my room was a wall unit which had not been connected. I hate those things at the best of times but to have one where the piece supposed to be connected to the wall was loose, made drying my hair very clunky. Generally speaking the room was starting to look tired & in need of freshening up.

I always love the location... for me it’s close to friends as well as the city.

Comfortable, convenient and great value - my choice for a business trip in Adelaide.
    • Studio Apartment

Nothing to complain about really but I did prefer being on the ground floor this time - it is on the flight path into the airport but the planes weren’t as noticeable as when I was upstairs previously.

Very comfortable and convenient, great having a kitchenette, and secure free carparking is an added bonus. There is very little traffic noise and it’s good value for money.

Suited our purpose
    • Studio Apartment

It is directly under the flight path so if that would worry you ask for ground floor. Parking is difficult for check in when it is end of school ( which is next doo).

Fantastic, could not ask for anything more.
    • Studio Apartment

Check in and check out was very smooth and staff were great and patiently explained a couple of things to me. I needed to stay an additional night and rang Jasmine the night before I was due to check out and she made it all very easy and no problem at all which I very much appreciated. Accommodation was perfect, quiet, location, everything. Parking was great with the addition of windscreen cleaning equipment available, which was very handy after a very long drive.

Great place, good access and easy to get around town
    • Studio Apartment

There was no second mirror anywhere to be found. That would be a great addition to put into the hanging closet as having two girls in the same room, we had to tag-team for the bathroom mirror which was a little annoying at times.

The location was really good and the facilities were comfortable. There is no lift so if you have extra heavy cases you might need a hand up the stairs. We didn't have a view but that wasn't a problem as it was so hot we kept the curtains closed anyway. The secure carparking was a bonus also.

Comfortable Stay
    • Studio Apartment

The checkin process was confusing. We went to the property — and there was a sign saying go somewhere else. Had to drive there to checkin. And then finding the parking lot was a total mess. We weren’t familiar with the neighbourhood so ended up driving around quite a bit figuring out the whole thing.

Nice to have the cooking facilities and a bit of extra room to move around. The location is great — north Adelaide — lots of shops and restaurants — walking distance to downtown.

Happy with location and stay. Feel a bit pricey and would like under $100 per night.
    • Studio Apartment

Security guards met around 4am outside our front window in the street. They smoked and could hear their conversation.

No croisants. bed comfy. parking handy

Clean.
    • Studio Apartment

We were not informed there was no check in at the property and we walked from the city, then walked to another business to check in, then back. There is a phone but it states for after hours check in..some communication would be nice.

Clean.

Comfortable, large well appointed apartment in a great location.
    • Studio Apartment

Only inconvenience is no lift in the accommodation. 2 floors,upper floor could be difficult for some.

Very comfortable large studio apartment. We have stayed before and the rooms have both been of a high standard. Bed is comfortable, large bathroom with washing machine and dryer,. Parking very convenient. The accommodation is close, walking distance to shops/restaurants/pubs and public transportation if required. We will stay again.

• Studio Apartment

No plugs in bathroom basins!!!! We've stayed here three times , in different rooms - all without any plugs in bathroom, which make it difficult for wet shaves

good
    • Studio Apartment

key to front door difficult to use - very narrow door frame - knuckle buster and needs 2 hands - why not use the parking dongle to open front door as well?

• Studio Apartment

Direct flight path of planes

Thoughtfully designed room, ideal for families that don’t want to eat out for every meal, the kitchen is well equipped, the room has a washing machine and a dryer, close to a range of options to eat, walking distance to bus stops with free buses to attraction sights

Enjoyable
    • Studio Apartment

It was just a little small for the money and the small private courtyard had no furniture at all, so was pointless.

The receptionist (Caitlin) was so helpful and friendly and I appreciated this after a very long trip. The free newspapers were great, check in so easy over the phone. I just didn't realise it was so far from the cbd, but that was my fault. I asked for a quiet room and was given one, no traffic noise but it was in flight path, but it did not bother us.

• Studio Apartment

No lift & being accommodated on the third level made things a bit tricky with a six month old & a pram Rooms facing the street are a bit noisy

Excellent location Great value for money Very easy check-in & check-out process Free, secure car parking Portacot & high chair provided free of charge - much appreciated.

I was very sick on arrival day and my partner asked for an...
    • Studio Apartment

I was very sick on arrival day and my partner asked for an earlier check in time. They were more than accommodating and let us into our room over 2 hours early. We were very thankful!

Great apartments in beautiful leafy suburb of North Adelaide
    • Studio Apartment

There's nothing to improve on, just perfect.

Great property in a beautiful location in North Adelaide. Well appointed apartments with secure parking. Close proximity to restaurants and pubs and local supermarket.

Couple Holiday
    • Studio Apartment

I don't like the fact that they still haven't taken out the payment for the room and that we put a sign on our door for them to make up our room twice and they never did.

Great room and very clean

Ideal for central location.
    • Studio Apartment

Only small imperfections. Cheap instant coffee! Please put in slightly upmarket instant coffee as a better "welcome" that matches the quality of the room. The lighting in the kitchen was too low - difficult to do work. Would like a little more bench space with power points to put chargers etc.

Can easily walk to supermarkets, pubs etc. Completely self contained including washing machine. Zero issue with noise. I was concerned that it is under the flight path - but it was very quite.

Quiet and comfy
    • Studio Apartment

Having to give and confirm credit card details using wall phone just off noisy street. Details already given with online booking. Need more up front info about no reception. This and more info about car park location needs to be seen in blurb when looking for accomodation, not buried in fine print at the bottom of the confirmation email.

Perfect stay in a lovely & lively neighbourhood
    • Studio Apartment

There was not anything to fault other than really minor things: Extra blanket was frayed & tatty No pen in the room

Very clean and well appointed plus the great price we got.

A fantastic apartment in a great location.
    • Studio Apartment

The location and proximity to cafes, restaurants, pubs and supermarket. Also, not far out of the city and close to the Adelaide Oval. The spaciousness of the apartment. Cleanliness, quality of furniture, bedding etc. Free wi-fi is great as the city hotels/apartments have an additional charge.

Excellent location and value for money
    • Studio Apartment

Secure, free parking. Although we didn't use it, there was unlimited free internet. Spacious, comfortable room. Checked in at the Old Lion and staff member was very friendly and helpful.

The bathroom was very small and somewhat cluttered - an...
    • Studio Apartment

The bathroom was very small and somewhat cluttered - an upgrade in this area would make a huge difference. Unable to speak to a staff member directly at this property - we needed to go to the Old Lion Apartments to obtain a 2nd key, and with no room service available, to request some replenishment of tea, coffee etc. Other accommodation in the same area provides this service daily for the same cost (and sometimes a lesser cost!!).

Clean Tidy and Convenient
    • Studio Apartment

Too close to the road and there was too much traffic noise. It seemed like there were lots of spare rooms so it would have been nice to be put in a room further from the road front

Clean Tidy and Convenient

• Studio Apartment

The room was a bit dark even on a sunny day. Wifi unstable at times.

In an excellent location. Restaurants and shops and cinema all within a very short walk. Easy access to the city and all the sights. Very nice neighbourhood for strolling around. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Close to supermarkets and restaurants in North Adelaide.
    • Studio Apartment

No plug available for the kitchen sink. No other complaints.

Close to supermarkets and restaurants in North Adelaide. Quieter location than staying right in the city. Hair dryer was excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Pleasant way to pass the time.
    • Studio Apartment

Needed a bigger freezer section in the fridge, and the water took too long to heat up.

It was a 15 minute walk to the Memorial Hospital. Compact room , but with good facilities. Very helpful staff.

Great place to stay.

We had no issues.

The apartments are in a great location. Lots of great restaurants & cafes nearby. The bus stop for the free bus into the city is a short walk away. The bed was big & very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious & the washing machine & dryer were great additions. Even though there is no reception facility in the check-in & check-out was trouble free.

Well located to explore Nth Adelaide
    • Studio Apartment

Our downstairs appartment felt very close to the adjacent footpath and so felt a little exposed to noise. The reception was located at a different address although this did not provide us too much difficulty but required some extra travel time.

It was well located to the restaurants and shops in North Adelaide. It also had easy access to the free loop bus for Nth Adelaide and the CBD making various destinations easy to access.

Ok, if desperate
    • Studio Apartment

The check in process was confusing and not done well. Difficult to hear, talked too fast and didn't explain things clearly. If you need to check in via phone it needs to be done better.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

North Adelaide - Brilliant on Tynte
    • Studio Apartment

The room had a sofa bed which, as is normally the case, was not at all comfortable The hall way outside is a noise trap confirmed by the number of signs advising residents to keep quiet in the hall ways.

The property was clean and spacious. The restaurants around were less than a five minute walk and there was plenty to choose from. Tea & coffee facilities only were available in the room but with so many food options around breakfast is not a concern The free connector bus into the Adelaide CBD was less than a two minute walk away at the end of the street. Cathedral hotel and the Adelaide Oval are only a 10 minute walk down the hill.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Great location! Friendly service! Immaculate clean property, would recommend to anyone!
    • Studio Apartment

The only thing I wasn't too sure about was that the cost of the room was deducted from our credit card nearly a month before we actually stayed there (I thought it was supposed to come out the day we were booked to stay at the apartment being 18th Feb however it came off our credit card on 23rd Jan). No big deal though! We couldn't close one of the windows at the front, not sure if it was broken or if we were not doing something right. Not complaining, just wanted to let you know :)

Easiness of collecting keys from a safe at the front of the property, it made the experience so quick! Property was very clean and had everything we needed, very spacious too! Value for money! Great location!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Excellent stay
    • Studio Apartment

There could be better lighting in the apartment. Whilst there were lots of lamps and two ceiling lights, the ceiling lights were not bright enough.

Everything at the accommodation was excellent and the room was large enough to stay longer!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Lovely place to stay in a fantastic location.
    • Studio Apartment

Couldn't fault it. Highly recommend.

Great spot, everything we needed was conveniently there, (e.g. Toaster, dryer etc) Tastefully decorated, as new! Free secure parking, Fantastic all round 😃

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Convenient to North Adelaide and the CBD.
    • Studio Apartment

The apartment was quite small for two people, the room lighting was insufficient, and it wasn't serviced until the fourth day of our stay. No receipts issued for the payment, even though we requested one.

Convenient to North Adelaide and the CBD. Good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Beware of the stairs
    • Studio Apartment

See the other comment! I don't want to write it all again 😫😫

Maybe I didn't read the description thoroughly but 3 flights of stairs and no lift was a bit rough (I immediately rang reception to get a ground floor apartment but none were available?) And I thought I had put 'ground floor' as a permanent option on my bookings? The location was good, close to transport, shops and pubs. But prices in this area seemed very high (upmarket)

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

The excellent location
    • Studio Apartment

It could have had a little more room as it was a bit cramped for a weeks' stay. The floors had not been cleaned very well. Our unit was quite dark and it was difficult to read without all the lights on.

The excellent location

Comfortable and clean.
    • Studio Apartment

Quoted $170 for my room on 23/10/16 and paid $185 (Name Cahill) staff agreed on checkout and would credit my Visa with $15. Still waiting!

Comfortable and clean.

Good location excellent value for money.
    • Studio Apartment

Good location excellent value for money. Good size room

Good Location and very clean.
    • Studio Apartment

Good Location and very clean.

Very convenient place to stay
    • Studio Apartment

Well fitted out studio. Close to City, shops and restaurants.

My room was lovely and when I returned from a long day, beautiful to relax in.
    • Studio Apartment

The ambience of the room. Quiet beauty with everything I needed.

Elegant, private, comfortable, good feel.
    • Studio Apartment

Put salt, pepper and olive oil in the cupboard and it’s perfect ;)

Elegant, private, comfortable, good feel.

Beautiful spot and so close to various tourist attractions
    • Studio Apartment

The planes flying over at night

Location, cleanliness

Totally enjoyed our stay and will be recommending it to friends and family
    • Studio Apartment

Everything that we needed was in the unit it was great

• Studio Apartment

Great location. Secure parking. Comfortable beds.

Best place to stay in North Adelaide
    • Studio Apartment

Not a fan of knowing no staff around

Best spot to stay and walk to cafes etc, and always very comfortable

Maybe leave a note saying close the windows, we didn’t...
    • Studio Apartment

Maybe leave a note saying close the windows, we didn’t realise they where open until it was to last .

Great value for money. Convenient location!

Smelt like disinfectant

Super comfy bed. Awesome location

No sun

Excellent value for the money I paid.
    • Studio Apartment

Excellent value for the money I paid.

The Studio was ideal for our purposes.
    • Studio Apartment

Check in was a bit of a mix up but it was sorted quickly.

The Studio was ideal for our purposes. Had everything we needed.

Comfortable and clean
    • Studio Apartment

Had to cart luggage upstairs but wasnt an issue for me but could be for others.

Great Secure parking, with nice bakery and shops close by

Value
    • Studio Apartment

Gym would be handy for me

Simple

Location great stairs and feeling like in prison on top floor not good

Stairs

Nth Adelaide hidden treasure

Nothing to dislike.

Location was great, off street parking and very comfortable bed.

The remote for gate did not work.
    • Studio Apartment

The remote for gate did not work.

Really enjoyable.
    • Studio Apartment

Hot water in shower takes ages to run hot

Comfy bed, convenient location, easily accessible, good off street parking, close to variety of restaurants.

Convenient, clean & spacious
    • Studio Apartment

Good cooking facilities. Very convenient for the city & tourist spots

• Studio Apartment

Great location, very clean and comfortable the whole experience was wonderful

Very convenient for Adelaide children’s hospital

Great apartments

Great value and ex location

Wifi

Wifi extremely slow & didn't work