Reviews of Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific 4 stars

55 North Steyne Road, Manly, Manly, 2095 Sydney, Australia

#99 of 306 hotels in Sydney

5.7

Loved the location and nearby restaurants.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View (4 Adults)

Parking was a nightmare. Rooms tired and basics lacking. Nothing to wash up with.(couldn't clean cups or glasses) Room had signs of previous occupants.. No ventilation in bathrooms.

Comfortable beds. Location great

Nice mini break
    • Superior Twin Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Parking couldn’t find our car, reception girl hard to understand, room key stopped working before check out, family room a little bit small

Location, view

Beach Side Heaven - room charge reasonable but add parking $40 & breakfast becomes quite pricey.
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Bathroom - apparently staff don't clean behind door. Dirty finger marks & handle & door grimy. Bath tub very slippery ( I used bathmat/towel to stop slipping !). Also extortionate parking charge ( thought I was back in USA w a 'resort fee'). The most boring & gruesome 'artwork' in rooms. Need to complement the beachside setting = happy !

Great room & view Facilities in room great....love the tea making. Staff friendly & breakfast terrific. Love the pool upstairs !!

Mini break in Manly
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

When we arrived we had to get a luggage trolly and wheel it up to our room ourselves.

We loved the room and verandah overlooking the district and reception were lovely and helpful.

Perfect location across the road from the beach
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

After arriving home late and feeling a bit hungry we ordered 2 $15 ham & cheese toasted sandwiches only to find they weren't even cooked when they arrived. The bread had been toasted and was cold as was the ham and the cheese was not even melted. We called and 2 more were sent up but weren't much better even though this time they did have a bit of heat to them. To their credit they did not charge us which was nice.

The room was large with 2 queen size beds which were both very comfy. The bathroom was spacious with a separate bath and shower

Thank you for making it special...
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

I had booked this apparent for my parents anniversary on the weekend and i just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to all the staff who contributed to making it very special by going above and beyond to make it extra special for them... Place was very clean and great ocean view! Breky was yum and everything is a short walk the weather was beautiful and my parents enjoyed a relaxing weekend thanks again!

Disappointing for the money
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Not good value for money. I Stayed at a Crowne plaza the night before and for a lot less money you got robes and slippers. I found it a really noisy hotel so it wasn’t easy to sleep, despite being given a quiet room.

Spacious room, great location

Not far from cafes and restaurants
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

The coffee in the lobby cafe was shockingly bad for a Manly Cafe.....weak and cold. Undrinkable. I cannot believe that the Hotel does not train their staff properly. We invited friends there for coffee in the lobby and were very embarrassed .

Not far from cafes and restaurants

The bed was very comfortable and the staff quite...
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

The room was dirty and the room service menu didn't have many options at all. For the price of the room I expected more.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff quite professional and helpful.

Great location and staff.
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

For the price the room wasn’t what I’d expected and a strange layout. Was offered an upgrade which unfortunately didn’t happen.

Great location and staff. Common areas were nice. Great suggestions of where to go and good knowledge of area. Extra mile by offering to print an urgent document for me. Thank you!

overall very relaxing & pleasant place to chill out.
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

We have stayed at this property previously & the location is special. the staff are great, the rooms on the beach side are a really nice place to chill out, smell the sea air & listen to the movement of the promenade & waves in the evening. simply a must stay Hotel.

The stay was excellent, the room was spacious and the bed...
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

The stay was excellent, the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. I am not a fan of a shower over a bath and prefer a separate shower, so that would be the only thing I could fault. Location is fantastic, staff were amazing. We had a great time.

The view was lovely, and the bed was lovely.
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

I upgraded us to the a room with a bath, a shower bath isn't a bath. Also the young girls next to us came back at midnight and woke us up singing and carrying on. Which is totally fine they should enjoy their stay too. I think hotel booking staff, should put couples on the same floors and young louder groups together on floors. Also being stung $40 for parking, is outrages. Between the parking and the bath, it was very disappointing.

The view was lovely, and the bed was lovely.

Great hotel in a magnificent location
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

They deducted the full payment immediately on booking. Very few hotels on booking.com do this. The shower is over the bath. This is a very tired and dangerous arrangement. The bathrooms really need an update with a separate shower.

Location is just excellent. Right on Manly beach and an easy walk to lots of cafes and restaurants. We had an ocean view room and it was magnificent having a wine on the balcony each day. Car park is expensive but very secure.

Ideal location, great staff and the views are stunning!
    • Superior Twin Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Excellent food from the Novotel's in-room dining - quite a good selection on the menu from Zali's - very tasty and delivered to our room quickly. Staff delivered a complementary bottle of wine to congratulate us on an anniversary we were celebrating. Such a lovely gesture.

Great location if visiting Manly
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Room getting in need of a revamp, but still comfortable.

Great location across the road from the beach. Only a 2 minute walk to the main shopping strip. Easy parking. Breakfast good plenty of variety with eggs cooked to order.

Wouldn’t come back and wouldn’t rate it a 3.5
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Apart from the lady telling us our room number then states she needs to confirm with maintenance then puts us down 3 levels. The room was pretty standard and not worth the money. Bed was super hard and the restaurant staff were absolutely rude ! The Barista told us she was too busy to make us a tea and we had to do it ourselves. I would not stay here again

The location was handy and the valet parking guy was lovely

My mother and I enjoyed our stay greatly. The location and view were wonderful.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

The housekeeping team could have paid closer attention to details I'm sorry to say.

I stayed at here with my 92 year old mother and we enjoyed our room with a spectacular view. I particularly appreciated the welcome gift of a bottle of red wine and a cheese platter organised by Chloe. My thanks to her for her thoughtfulness. The staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you

Very pleasant and most welcome at the end of a couple of long days.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

I didn’t have any meals at the hotel, but the choice was plentiful. The room was clean, well stocked for tea and coffee. There was no cause for me to ring for extras of anything.

Very poor attempt at 4 star quality. More like a 3 star hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

There are lots of things it could do better. It could restock the mini bar with simple things like tea bags and wine/beer when used. There was no point in the bathroom for plugging in an electric shaver or toothbrush. Quality of shower cubicle was old and needed updating.

The room was adequate, but definitely not 4 star standard. There was a very basic attempt at hotel quality and was very noisy, busy and not friendly

The location is obviously the draw card, however I will try another hotel next time.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Reception staff weren't friendly. My room was tucked away at the back of the hotel. The lift was dodgy.

Staff in the restaurant were great. My special order omelette was delicious.

Very average hotel for the price. I can't imagine us staying here again.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Hated that the parking was an extra $40... Never paid so much ever before for hotel parking. Plus it was such a small cramped parking space. Couldn't get my baby into the car without moving it. The hotel was also very noisy with people slamming doors all night. So we all had a terrible nights sleep

Location was good

Fantastic location, so many great eateries just minutes from...
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

We Ordered room service in the evening, one of the items was a chicken korma curry which arrived to the room stone cold! It must have just been reheated which is fine, however the outer edges of the plate were luke warm and the centre was literally stone cold out of the fridge. Disappointing to say the least.

Fantastic location, so many great eateries just minutes from your doorstep.

I felt like a princess. Well I didn't really but it did feel so clean and spacious very nice
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

That I had to go to the reception to get a new door entry card....TWICE But then the lovely receptionist gave me two free mini bar items.

Bed extra comfy Loved the position of the TV Great bedding..sheets etc

Comfortable
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

If you have a room at the back of the hotel there is a lot of noise from the adjacent buildings air conditioning unit. No problems if you leave the windows closed

Great for a short stay.

Champagne on arrival gray study
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Breakfast omelette and egg ordering was confusing.. no one knew the system... little pieces of Paper in unmarked Bowl?? Then once I worked this out it asked for a table number so assumed it would be delivered?? But sitting on bench waiting?? Other people said the same. Egg chef very grumpy

Great view .. Japanese restaurant was fantastic .. absolutely great .. check in fast and smooth .. lifts were fast

Quick and easy check in/ out
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

The spa wasn’t warm Our tv to watch movies didn’t work, we got told by reception to wait for a phone call to let us know that the tv was working. Never received a call. Costs $40 to park after paying to stay there No exhaust fan in bathroom Not worth the amount you pay to stay, probably wouldn’t stay again

Quick and easy check in/ out Staff were friendly

Good for an overnight vacay but may be a little less appealing for much more than two nights
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Very loud - could hear conversations in the next room. Decor was a little tired in the corridors and very dark. In the room itself, nice new-ish furniture throughout but curtains needed repair / replacing - two large tears in the fabric.

Fantastic location - you couldn’t fault it for access to the gorgeous beaches

Great weekend getaway.
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

We could smell cigarette smoke from areas around the lift and coming up from balconies outside our room. No fly screen doors. Bath wash too smelly. In a superior beachfront room but the downstairs balcony could see up into our room.

The proximity of the Novotel to beach, shops and restaurants. Bed was very comfortable and room had everything we needed. Great roof top pool area.

Basic - nothing too good, nothing too bad!
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Room service sloppy - no condiments; coffee in paper cup; one napkin between 2!! Nasty long life milk in ‘fridge. Not enough check-in/out staff, the few staff were disinterested and lacked social graces

Bed was excellent

I said it was my boyfriend’s bday and they gave us a bottle...
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Room was old with mould on the ceiling. Restaurant was really disorganised. Not many facilities. Payed car parking for guests.

I said it was my boyfriend’s bday and they gave us a bottle of champagne and also a room with a bath :) The croissant and the pain au chocolat were delicious

Not worth the money.
    • Superior Twin Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

The shower had mould, we were kept awake by others staying there - staff did not come to help. They were knocking on doors at 3am, screaming and smoking in corridors. None of which was aided to. Very very disappointing for the money you pay.

Location was great

The balcony and the view.
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

There is no fan in the bathroom and no bathrobes. We had to ring reception for these. The furniture on the balcony was uncomfortable. No cushions on the chairs or the outdoor beds.on the balcony.

epic location, fantastic service
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

the pool on the roof needs to be sexed up a bit!! make it attractive!! I know you are right on the ocean, but it could be a wonderful feature of the hotel if you had some service up there, shade, palms etc etc :)

Stunning location, right on Manly Beach!! couldnt be more perfect. of course the hotel is not cheap, but nothing in the area is and at the end of the day, we loved our stay, and it was good value given how modern and clean the room was, concierge desk was excellent, reception service was perfect and all in all good value.

Great location & Friendly staff.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Had an issue with the movie rentals but it was resolved...nothing to complain about really.

The location was perfect, staff were great, and room was perfect.

Very poor experience - proximity to beach is the only plus
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Poor service - untrained reception where all answers start with No.

Christina - Days operations manager solved all the problems and she was the only one caring for customer satisfaction.

Gorgeous View
    • Superior Twin Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

My aim was to have a rest during the day as we had just disembarked a cruise with very little sleep the night before. Unfortunately, this was impossible with hammering and drilling going on above our room. We had not been advised at check-in that any work was scheduled and this was very disappointing. I hung a Do Not Disturb notice on the doorknob yet a maid still felt it necessary to knock on the door. The photos of our room when we booked showed a bathroom with a large shower. The reality was that there was a combined bath/shower which I really dislike.

The view from the room was gorgeous and well worth the additional charge for the ocean view. The space was clean and relatively spacious with modern furnishing. The chair near the sliding door was particularly comfortable. The location was fabulous with only a short walk to the patrolled beach and nearby restaurants and shops. The rooftop pool and lounging area was nice.

Great location but room was old and not worth the money we spent. Would stay elsewhere in future.
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

The room was old, tired and definitely not worth the room rate we paid. Leading into the room the hallway was dirty and needed a good vacuum. The lighting in the bathroom was terrible. Overall not good value for money.

The location was amazing. Within walking distance to great beaches and restaurants.

Very average for price paid.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

It was so loud. From 1230am-2am sounded like the family next door were renovating.. no sleep at all. The whole place echoes.. Pillows aren’t comfortable.

It was pleasant enough but wouldn’t consider it good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Very expensive room rate, higher than the luxury city hotels that weekend. Basic room, no view, no bottles of water even supplied. Car parking and breakfast add ons for 2 nights, made the this a very expensive weekend for a pretty standard hotel room.

Location was exceptional

I liked it was not far from the shops.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Our room over looked the school would stay again but not in that room. Also I didn't like to park the car over night at a cost $40.

I liked it was not far from the shops.

Overall nice stay
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

We had an 11am check but were woken by cleaning staff banging on the door than entering our room with out permission as we were still sleeping I found this to be odd as she asked when we were leaving half asleep and stunned very uncomfortable and therefore brought our experience down especially as we attended a wedding at the dojo and away from our children payed a lot of money to be woken up early

Overall experience ok

Over priced for room value
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

The hotel was poorly maintained. The air conditioning in our room was barley working and our iron was faulty. Trying to ring reception was impossible they didn’t answer.

Great location & view, friendly staff, however need more attention to detail in housekeeping
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (3 Adults)

Was a little disappointed with the cleanliness of the room when we arrived, little things like dust and what appeared like chocolate on the telephone, the floor didn’t seem to have been vacuumed thoroughly. There were some holes in the wall/ceiling in the bathroom, some peeling paint, the room could use a refurb.

Staff were friendly & helpful, breakfast was very nice, the room was spacious & the bed was comfortable. We had a nice view of the ocean. There were balloons & a complimentary bottle of bubbly waiting for us when we arrived as we had informed the hotel that we were there celebrating a birthday, that was a really nice touch.

Great relaxing stop over
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

The lifts seemed over worked and a little inadequate for the size of the hotel. Same for the pool - but who cares when you have the ocean across the road.

What a great location. Situated in a prime position on Manly Beach - this hotel makes exploring the area a pleasure. There are many restaurants & pubs in the area making dining varied & pleasurable. Transport to the heart of Sydney via the ferry is a treat in & of itself. Access to the onsite independent gym was great.

Large room & balcony, ocean view, friendly staff,
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View (4 Adults)

Hotel was located the other side of kids swimming area (between the flags area)

It was my son's 3rd BD. They prepared us a fruit platter and a bottle of wine with a welcome card saying wishing my son's happy birthday. 2 bd apartment was large enough for a family with 2 little kids.

Loved it.will be back in a couple of months
    • Superior Twin Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

The safe in the room didn’t function

The staff have gone out of their way to make our stay wonderful. The restaurant manager Vino was a pleasure to be with and the complimentary bottle of shampaigne from the hotel for my wife’s birthday was so appreciated by us.

Wouldn seek out other accommodation options first before staying here again
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Requested multiple times before and on the day for early check in as would be arriving late at night after my wedding, early check in not available and the wait once we arrived was unexplainable. Bags were thrown into room

Old tired hotel, Great Location
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

The time to get car out of the car park.

Very very tired hotel, would have been great in the day. Great location and not too many options when staying in Manly hotel just looks and feels very old.

• Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived half hour after check in and my husband had to put up with people honking their horns at him because it took the valet so long to come out and get our luggage and park our car

Location and breakfast

Great location, fantastic management, very dated (and cheeky!) decor for the price
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

very very dated. needs alot of work to bring it up to standard. extremely expensive for what you get. management is amazing. if it wasnt for the manager at this hotel, I would have been scathing. Staff are below par otherwise

fantastic location. cant be beaten. Right on the beach. great access to anywhere in Manly. just perfect

The final room was lovely but the cost was crazy having paid upgrade, parking and internet!
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

The rooms that do not face the Ocean - dismal and dark. The cost of parking and the unadvertised leaving time coinciding with check-out...disappointing!

The beds and pillows are great - the Ocean facing rooms are lovely and the food and beverage choices on site are great value.

Was able to connect laptop via HDMI;
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Could barely fit 2 adults in the bath. At least 3mx3m of empty space that could’ve had a lounge. No toilet brush to clean away faeces residue (so that partner didn’t have to look at it).

Was able to connect laptop via HDMI; if I had brought it, to watch movies etc

Ok except for getting woken up constantly
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Bloody noisy air con kept going off and on and waking us up all night! Then to top it off a cleaner knocked and knocked until I got up and told her to go away- that was 9:30am and we had an 11am check out. She then laughed in my face!

Room ok

• Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

We were promised an air vent outside our room #233 would be turned off at 10.00pm but had to make several calls at 1.00am to get it turned off. We couldn't watch TV or order food because the remote was broken. We reported this and was told one would be sent up but it never arrived. Stupid system as you couldn't view room service menu without a TV

The room was surprising large, comfortable and quiet.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

It was much more of a family hotel than I had realised, so the number of children around was a bit off-putting.

The room was surprising large, comfortable and quiet.

VERY enjoyable
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

No free WiFi. No free parking.

Everything, especially the room "with a view", the Buffet Breakfast and the surprise free champagne. We were celebrating a birthday.

The room & location were great but the service disappointing.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

We were woken at 1am in the morning by the fire alarm..... and then we were told through the speaker that it was a mistake and then half an hour later we were woken by the loud speaker that the problem was fixed!!! And then no one personally apologised to us the next morning?!? It spoilt our night away😟 and no one cared! (My friend is very sick and this was supposed to be a restful night away) Also, the staff kept treating us like we didn't belong- we got asked several times if we were checking in! 😳

The room was very nice, modern and comfortable. It had a good sized verandah that my friend and I sat on and chatted for an hour or so before bed ( but our bottoms got too numb - hard plastic chairs!) The bathroom was large, roomy and modern.

Relaxing overnight stay
    • Superior King Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

No roof over balcony, outdoor lounges were dirty and no cushions

Great location and room had nice view although we paid a fair bit more for ocean view. Comfortable bed.

Great location with everything you need nearby.
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Corridors and room were old and in need of an update. Basic facilities.

Great location with everything you need nearby. Nice reception area and access to a well equipped gym.

Comfortable, over priced, great position, lovely staff
    • Superior King Room with District View (2 Adults)

The price was very expensive considering the property could do with an overall upgrade. Carpets and painting really need to be done through out. Charging for parking on top of a $400 a night (averaging out for a 4 night stay) for one room 2adults is over the top. Swimming pool is very small and there definitely needs to be some sort of higher barrier at one end of the pool to stop teenage kids climbing on to the rooftop (which does not have any barriers)

Great Position Comfy beds Great air conditioning Generally staff were lovely

The views were wonderful. Spoke to reception a few days before arriving Fran was great.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Carpets dirty in room. Pool area too small for the amount of people & kids. Lifts so slow. Rang reception one evening regarding a lock on the remote for volume. We couldn’t hear the movie well. They said they would send someone but they never did.

Housekeeping great. Beds were made exceptionally well.

Very poor not up to usual Novotel standards.
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

We got put in a disable room no balcony when we were told we had one. The bathroom smelt like someone had been smoking in there. The bathroom roof spraing a leak no one really took any action. We have stayed here few times & it’s been good but not this time.

• Superior King Room with District View (2 Adults)

The room was way over priced for what is was. The bathroom was aweful. Shower flooded the bathroom, dirty tiles and floor. Total renovation needed

The location is unbeatable. Across the street from the beach.

Great location just in front of Manly Beach
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Another hotel where details and convenient aspects of the room are inexistant. No electricity plug by the head of the beds, no water bottles in the room, no pricelist for the minibar.

Location, kindness of the staff

The location!
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (3 Adults)

General service from staff was slow or non-existant. Room service took 40 minutes. Replacement control for TV took nearly a full day.

The location!!!

5.5
    Would recommend others stay elsewhere.
    • Superior Twin Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

Room was tired and overpriced. Upon checkout I was asked whether I had used anything from the minibar. I replied no. 3 days later i find the hotel falsely and illegally charged $40.01 for minibar to my debit card, which they have still not repaid despite several requests.

After our stay we felt relaxed and had a great time.
    • Standard Queen Room (2 Adults)

Nothing that I can think of.

The location was excellent. The food in the restaurant was also excellent and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

I was there for a Birthday in DoJo which was sensational so hotel was perfect position
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

Food. being on my own I chose room service Breakfast awful Dinner not good Disappointed

The room and bed was comfortable although no outlook looking into rooms in next door apts Staff friendly and very helpful

Very disappointing
    • Superior King Room with District View (2 Adults)

Air con didn't work. Staff didn't help. We paid 460 for a night and sweated all night in a hot room. We were offered a fan. Ruined my wife's 50th birthday.

Great location - but very expensive for a tired hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room (3 Adults)

Only one lift working. If you book through Booking.com - you are likely to get the "whats left" rooms! Place is tired.

Location and comfy bed.

Staff were positive and helpful
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

The pillowcases were like hession sacks. and one lift didn't work nor did the rooftop spa which was a bit disappointing.

Staff were positive and helpful

Perfect spot for a break
    • Superior Twin Room with District View (2 Adults)

No free wifi in the rooms

Spacious room and balcony. Comfortable pillows and beds. Area to relax in foyer & bar before leaving. Access to rooftop pool and across the road from the beach and variety of great cafes near by.

Location and sea breezes
    • Superior Twin Room with Ocean View (2 Adults)

When we tried to check in at 4pm our room wasn't ready. At the buffet restaurant for breakfast we had to ask for cutlery several times and when it arrived we got knives and forks but no spoons. Not meaning to sound fussy but not what we'd expected!

Location and sea breezes

Since my stay in Australia I have stayed in four hotels, this is by far the best, had the best time.
    • Standard Twin Room (2 adults)

The adjoining restaurant/bar Daniel San got a bit noisy on certain nights.

Liked everything about the hotel, from the location , room , staff and food all good .

Browse Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific traveller photo gallery