2. Australia hotel reviews
  3. Queensland holiday rental reviews
  4. Gold Coast holiday rental reviews
  5. Reviews of Mantra Sun City

Reviews of Mantra Sun City 4.5 stars

Corner Ocean Ave & Gold Coast Highway, Surfers' Paradise, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#209 of 486 Holiday rentals in Gold Coast

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 13 February 2019

The pool
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

No AC in the bedroom and I was offered a pedestal fan for my $500 a night stay!!! Breakfast was awful! Everything was empty with the staff not refilling anything without asking it cost my family $80 and I had to ask for bread bacon baked beans milk and eggs because the buffet was empty The elevators were broken and instead of putting notices up everyone lined up at 10am and couldnt get out!

The pool

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

A must revisit
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I loved how nice and quiet the hotel was. Pool and slides were very good. Liked my apartment it was very nice and spacious. Friendly safe i would go back again.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2019

I overall enjoyed my stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Didn’t like how the bed was two single beds pushed together because it was extremely uncomfortable in the centre of the bed

Loved the breakfast and the restaurant as a whole , loved the view and large bathroom

• Reviewed: 7 February 2019

Good bang for buck accommodation albeit the sub-par room standards.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Furniture aren't exactly in the best condition - sofas slightly flaky, broken handles on bedside drawers, shortage of coathangers in the wardrobe, could also use tiles in the bathroom. Would be good as simply an overnight stay, not the most ideal if looking for a leisure resort experience.

Quite cheap for the stay compared to other places. Water slide is a bonus as well as the overall theme of the aquatic facilities - Sun City. Tennis court is also a great plus - $10 per group for unlimited use during the stay.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2019

Dissapointed we couldn't use the pool & the noise of the air con. Stayed 5 times, always little prob
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The carpet in the lounge room was wet, I didn't notice until I took my shoes off., So I don't think the clearners would have realised, I didn't notice a damp smell. The aircon in the lounge was cold but so noisy we had to have the television up loud. The aircon did not work in the master bedroom. The pool was closed on the Sunday. We walked past the lifeguard, said hello, he said nothing, then put up a Pool Closed sign in front of us. We had to go to the beach and it was to wild to swim, maybe could have been allowed in a sister hotels pool.

The View and the Size of our apartment, The kitchen was well equipped and the lounge was comfortable,.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2019

Great vAlue for money

Everything was perfect apart from the lighting. Very dark / Low strength

Clean. First place my feet didn't turn black from dirty flooring. This place was great.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2019

Great stay all up . It is starting to show its age as I supplied the sandstone around the resort

As above the room

Food was great and good value , although breakfast would have been a bit expensive if we did not get included in our price . Also our room with out a veranda was a little clostrafobic .

• Reviewed: 5 February 2019

very relaxing.able to smoke on balcony,best of all, the bed,best 3 nights sleep for a long time
    • Double or Twin Room

no milk in the fridge for our first cup of coffee on arrival

breakfast was great and plenty.location was fab.with the tram right outside the gate.would I stay there again,you bet

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

Staff.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We originally were put in room 1906... Air con was terrible and room position cause for no breeze. Curtain whooshed straight off runner & we had to drag our mattresses into the lounge room where there was a fan & aircon was bearable. Very outdated and in desperate need of maintenance.. benches chipped/chunks taken out, much so that my towel got caught when walking past.. this particular room was definitely not a representation of a 4star hotel. However.. Staff were very understanding & helpful by moving us to a much nicer/cooler room... a 4 star room indeed. that room was amazing! That room is why we come back. 1906??... not sure what is going on there.

Staff... staff were great!

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

Generally ok
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

unavailable food not restocked in buffet breakfast, values for money was poor. Asian male smoking in restaurant staff not challenging male for smoking inside restaurant, I had to intervene to resolve issue.

laid Back atmosphere

• Reviewed: 2 February 2019

If you are looking for a convientent motel with brilliant team this is the motel for you
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness of restaurant Bed was not at all comfortable Maintainance and upkeep of rooms could be better Thai was a sta8n on our floor No extra pillows in the room Air conditioning in hallway ?

The team where great, friendly, efficient and pleasant Parking Location

• Reviewed: 2 February 2019

The breakfast was good and we enjoyed the pools.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed. It was two beds pushed together, but not secured. You could feel it dipping in the middle and by morning my partner sunk in between and kept sinking as he tried to climb out. I found it hilarious watching him sink I must admit, but it really needs securing. I also forgot to mention to front desk that our fridge was freezing everything that was put on top shelf. I couldn't make a cup of tea as my milk was frozen solid.

The breakfast was good and we enjoyed the pools.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2019

great size room and convenient location
    • Double or Twin Room

was not made aware before booking that i was required to have a room bond for one night. Air conditioner in the room didn't work. On full blast the conditioner only blowed room temperature air very weakly.The room was not very sound proof. I could hear the family in the next room coming and going and could hear some of there conversations.

Great large spacious room and large comfortable bed. great location and ample parking available.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2019

I really liked the interior design.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I really liked the interior design. The pools where great the apartment was very spacious. The staff was very friendly and we was upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment upon arrival. Free car parking and the breakfast was very good too! We will definitely be staying again!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2019

Never, ever under any circumstances would I consider staying here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms were clean but in terrible condition-holes in walls, torn carpeting, chipped paint, ceiling in restaurant restroom had gaping holes and looked like a hazard. If it had been advertised as s two or maybe three star it would be an ok value, but walking into these conditions under the guise of a four star was beyond disappointing.

Desk Staff did the best they could, and deserves to be commended as they clearly had to deal with disappointed guests frequently. It appeared they had no support from management who never even spoke to us or even made eye contact from directly across the counter, leaving the young staff to contend with sorting out our request for a refund, which we asked for immediately upon seeing the condition of our room.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2019

Overall i enjoyed my stay at Mantra Sun City and I would recommend it to anyone, Staff wereexcellent
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There were two things i didn't like about the Mantra Sun City- one was the limited parking space and this was not mentioned on the booking site. My booking confirmed that the parking was included, however I had a hard time to find a space to park, and the staff at Mantra mentioned that its complimentary and we have to park elsewhere until a spot become available. Second thing i didn't like was the strong smell of Cigarette in the lift foyer of our floor. This was reported to the reception, however the smell didn't disappear completely but was reduced.

Everything was excellent at Mantra Sun City and we enjoyed our time there

• Reviewed: 29 January 2019

Amazing buffet breakfast.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything exceeded my expectations, nothing could have been better!

Amazing buffet breakfast. Great room with amazing view. Staff were exceptional as well as the pool and amenities. Best experience I've ever had on the Gold Coast. Would definitely recommend to others and stay there again!

• Reviewed: 26 January 2019

Nothing but great words.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Great view over the ocean, very spacious self contained apartment. Was the best night out I've had in a long time. My partner and I had diner at the koastal kitchen the meals where absolutely amazing. I had by far the best steak I have ever eaten there. Our entire meal was perfect. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone, I will definatly be back.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2019

A very average stay nice but can be improved
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Upon arrival we checked in early and were told we would be called when our room was ready we weren't and had to come to the counter ourselves. The lounges in the room were unusable as the springs were broken. The king bed was not a true king as it was two singles pushed together.

The pool was very good.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

Wonderful pool and slides
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Wi-fi should be free and unlimited.

Pool with the waterslides was excellent. Very large one bedroom apartment with large loungeroom was spacious and comfortable. Excellent view of the ocean. Right next to tram stop.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2019

Totally loved our stay and will be back but not in the hinterland side will be the beach side so we
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't like how hard it was to get a parking space that wasnt reserved and the balcony was horrible of an afternoon we couldnt even sit out there and enjoy the fresh air and view as it was soooo hot and to top it off the air con units blow the hot air onto the balcony aswell so couldnt even spend 5 minutes out there it was terrible

Loved the pool and the food was great too. Staff were so friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 21 January 2019

very disappointed in this place, not value for money,as i have stayed in many places over the world.
    • Double or Twin Room

our room was very disappointing for the money that we spending, not great value at all. our room was like it was set in the 80's style and was in need of refurbishment, there was moldy blinds in the that was in the shower' the cupboards had the laminate off or coming off.

location was great.for what we needed, the pool was fantastic and would be great if staying for a long period of time.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2019

The size of the room is great.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When on arrival I asked to put two names on the invoice - my partner's and mine, that was a huge problem and the reception staff, including the manager, could not comprehend what was required of them. We travel all the time and this request was never a problem. I think everyone who is applying for PR in Australia is familiar with those types of requests as immigration asks for them. So I have no idea why it was so difficult to do. Breakfast is very basic.

The size of the room is great. Very spacious. Nice location, just next to the tram station. Beds are comfy. Pool looked fun but we didn't use it this time. The young girl making cocktails downstairs at the lobby bar was very friendly. Great value for the money.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

Clean and comfortable. Great views. Will stay again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Sheer curtains were torn in lounge room. No microwave containers or cooking tongs.

Great pool area for kids. Walking distance to shops, cafes and each.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

Bed really comfy and breakfast so good.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a bit dated but didn’t mind for the price we paid.

Bed really comfy and breakfast so good. Young receptionist lady was very nice too and made us feel welcome - had great conversations. She’s a keeper.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

Looked nice but when you spend a couple grand you expect premium, not budget in a tall hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor selection of food from menu and room service to the subpenthouse came in cardboard boxes like McDonalds, wine list was cheap rubbish

Great pool, nice rooms

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

Lovely stay with all things necessary for a week and great location for young people.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast, very average. Brewed coffee should have been included for price, Food was bland and often low in stock.

The location , aircon, gym, staff very friendly, tennis court, sauna.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Apartment in POOR conditions and terrible experience with the staff. We won't go back.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Terrible experience at our apartment and with the hotel staff. We found an old, dirty, in poor conditions apartment that didn't meet the expectations that we have after a previous booking in the very same hotel (last year, when everything went perfectly). Pictures attached, note that the price was high season fare (I have tons of photos, but I'm only able to upload 20 of the 'best ones'). After claiming for a solution the staff declined to give us our money back or give us an alternative solution (they only suggested to upgrade to a 3 bedroom apartment "only for" 3 times the price we already had paid). They accessed to change our room for the following night (it was a 2-night stay) but that only solved half of the problem. We felt really impotent with no help from booking.com (even after a 1-hour call looking for some help), and the problem couldn't be escalated to a manager as "he was on leave for the weekend" (a beach hotel in summer with no supervision sounds really logic...). Although we know that this hotel can offer much more than this (e.g. the second apartment was in really good conditions, despite it was old), we won't return just for the treatment received. Good luck if you finally decide to go there.

Hotel services outside the apartment like pools, spa zone, available parking spots (but not too easy to find). Average breakfast buffet but still good enough.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

Great place great location comfy and good sized rooms
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Should include cappuccinos or espressos or lattes etc in the breakfast not pay extra for proper coffee.

Apartment was a good size and very clean, dated a bit but no complaints very comfortable and roomy and quiet, lovely view of the ocean, pools were great, breakfast was included and plenty to pick from.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

It was okay. The kids liked the pool area and the staff were nice but everything else was below aver
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room was big but the decor was really old and it felt unclean. There was no room service but we had a vacuum cleaner that didn't work. In one of the bathrooms the shower head wouldn't stay in the holder. They fixed it for me but it should have been done before we got there. To sum up the whole place needs a major renovation. Also the pool bar closes at 5pm and they don't offer much. They could make it a little more fun if they livened it up.

The pool was good. The staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

Great location, great facilities, perfect for young families
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Gorgeous pool area, kids had a blast on the slides. The indoor pool and spa was a real bonus for sun burnt or overcast days. Breakfast was delicious- great choices, fresh and tasty. The property is right on the tram line so there is easy access to the full length of the coast but the beach is only 1 minute walk from the door. We had a beautiful view almost 360 degrees.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2019

Very average not sure if I would stay again, Seam to be problem after problem.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

AC not working, food at restaurant was average and nearly got overcharged and ran out of steaks, dirty used bandade was left behind coffee table, couldn’t check in on time as cleaners had finished on time.

Great views, good size apartment and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 January 2019

Great location makes it a worthwhile stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Apartment and decor was a little dated. Only 2 champagne flutes when we were 4 adults!

Location was excellent with tram stop right outside. Great view from apartment. Beach with life guards very close. Only 10 min walk into centre of Surfers Paradise or even quicker if you get on one of the many city bikes. Good to have breakfast included in price. Very good pool facilities.

Waste of Money
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything. The photos on the website were false advertising. When we checked into our room it was disgusting. There were stains on the floor, and the furniture in the room is all dated and dirty. The bed is two single beds put together and everytime you lie on it they come apart and there is a hole in the middle which meant we woke up with sore backs every morning. As soon as we saw our room after checking in we went straight down to reception to ask to upgrade our room as it wasnt like the photos and they told us no, even though we told them we were happy to pay extra. The indoor pool facility was also very dirty inside and didnt feel clean and the lifeguard at the pool wasn't watching everyone as there were kids jumping off the high parts into the pool and throwing balls at the water dragons. We booked in for an extra night before we knew about how disgusting the room was and they stuffed up as the staff didn't communicate so when we were out doing activities we got a call asking why all our stuff was still in the room. When we advised them we booked an extra night they then apologized but didnt tell us our room key and parking key would need to be reactivated so we got locked out. When asking them twice as well about servicing of our room we were told it would be serviced at 2 pm and when we came back around 5pm the room was still dirty and not cleaned. When we went down to go get more towels they recorded it and when told no one serviced our room they just changed the subject and didn't really care. The towels are also very limited and it becomes very awkward to ask for more towels as one for swimming and showering isn't ideal and they dont seem to understand that. I wouldn't recommend this hotel as it doesn't live up to the 4 star reviews and it's not a nice place to stay when you're looking for a nice place to relax and feel comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Our room was terrible and would not recommend this place
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room smelt old Toilet seat was broken Shower head was broken, tiles covered in mould and overall terrible bathroom Safe was broken Power point coming off wall and unsafe for children! Locks did not work on bathrooms Buffet breakfast was o.k but plates were not washed properly. Grose!! Overall the public areas and employees were nice, however our room was terrible. Not happy, especially when i choose hotels on star rating. This hotel did not deliver

Pool was great

• Reviewed: 5 January 2019

Nice large room with plenty of space for the family.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Rooms could do with some updating.

Nice large room with plenty of space for the family. Great pool for kids! Lovely bar and restaurant. Very friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

The view, nice decor, the lobby is very inviting.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The customer service was poor, especially the restaurant, no personal service just task oriented.

The view, nice decor, the lobby is very inviting. The room nicd and roomy.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Beautiful building and lovely area.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Room needs to be maintained and re-done (aircon leaked, bathroom was terrible, power points didn’t work, restaurant was over priced) house keeping needed to be more regularly

Beautiful building and lovely area. Amazing pool facilities and great views. Staff were more than accommodating

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

We enjoyed the view, the rooms were clean and tidy.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had to wash our own towels and bed linen, the room wasnt serviced at all even at our request as we had to book for more than 7 nights to have that luxury.... even though we were paying nearly $500 a night. We needed to arrive at the pool at just about the crack of dawn to get a pool chair as people reserved them very early.

We enjoyed the view, the rooms were clean and tidy. The location was good. Only a 5-10 minute walk to the centre of surfers paradise. The pool waiter was really nice!

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Facilities 4 stars , breakfast top notch.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was not 4 star. Old and outdated needing a serious upgrade, i understand that each room is owned by a different person but still their needs to be a certain level of standard that they need to keep up with.

Facilities 4 stars , breakfast top notch.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

Beautifully friendly staff, awesome views and very spacious
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Found a fair few remnants from previous guests partying including used shot glasses and handballs scattered around the house.

Beautifully friendly staff, awesome views and very spacious

• Reviewed: 26 December 2018

Front desk service was good
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was not to standard as I expected. TV was not working for the entire stay. Air con not working. Telephone not working Complaints did not fix anything. Was very disappointed. Can somebody call me

Front desk service was good

• Reviewed: 25 December 2018

Very nice view from the balcony,
    • Double or Twin Room

The room looked quite old, especially the bathroom showed a lot of signs of usage

Very nice view from the balcony, Breakfast buffet was very good, Very friendly staff, The location is alright although a bit farther from the center it is basically next to the beach (one street up).

• Reviewed: 24 December 2018

Best family friendly place on the GC!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Two bedroom apartment only had one bathroom.

Everything. The kids and “adults” have an amazing time in the pools and slides. The rooms are massive with breathtaking views. Breakfast in the Kostal Kitchen each morning is what holiday-ing is alllll about. Third time staying here for us, and we will be back next year for sure. Thanks to all the amazing staff.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2018

Buffet breakfast, friendly staff, beautiful location, lovely...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Different pool/spa was closed each day, adults couldn’t use one of the water slides, plug didn’t fit bath properly

Buffet breakfast, friendly staff, beautiful location, lovely room

• Reviewed: 21 December 2018

I would stay there again as we try and do a yearly get away
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our room was a little dirty fridge was working but broken. My daughters blanket had some sought of paste or powder on it. There was a cooked onion under the bed dining chair was loose and probably a little dangerous to sit on and worst of all we were on level one which was a little disappointing.

Facilities are awesome we have stayed there 3 times before

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

awesome, clean , great food ,lovely staff
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

everything was perfect .I would not change a thing except i was i had of stayed longer.

staff were polite and happy very clean hotel. We ate in the restaurant several time during our stay and the food was amazing wait staff awesome super friendly .Also the text messages we received to get 25% off our bill was what made us try the restaurant and we were happy we did and happy hour between 5-6 was great . I would highly recommenced the hotel for other travelers as it one of the best ive stayed at .Looking forward to staying there again soon . OH and having the tram stop right out the front was an add bonus.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

Lovely 2 nights away in a wonderful location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Our aircon wasn't the best

The buffet breakfast was fantastic and was included in the price, the staff were extremely friendly. I like the smell of the place as soon as I entered, it was extremely clean and I felt comfortable and happy in my enviornment. The pool/spa area is really nice. The location is great aswell, as it's a short walk to Cavil Anvenue and right next to the beach!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

great place to stay, far enough away from the maddness of Cavill
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

the cleanliness of the bathroom, half used shampoo container left in the shower. No table on the balcony.

Comfortable bed, plenty of room, views (from Higher floors were amazing), light rail on the doorstep, efficient check in and check out, lovely balcony.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Small ants in the kitchen bench near kettle, extra blanket in wardrobe smelt like it had not been cleaned.

Open space lounge room , big fridge, fresh and airy

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

The proximity to the beach and light rail.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very tired. It was shabby and some of the furniture needed to be replaced.

The proximity to the beach and light rail. The staff were helpful and friendly. Free secure parking.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Was alright till I was told I would be getting charged a bond on pool towels.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

A tad dated inside (bathrooms). This is the 2nd time I've stayed in a 2 bdrm apt and both times the windows and external balcony have been dirty. My daughter noticed the dirt in the lamp shades by elevator too on level 4. Also REALLY annoying that the second day I asked for pool towels the receptionist said there was a bond of $15 to take 3. I wasn't asked for this charge the day before. I think you should hold those who don't sign towels back in accountable when those certain offenders check out instead of threatening to charge guests at the time of signing out towels! I kind of felt like I was being accused of attempted towel robbery which never came to mind! Why would I want to steal towels that have been used numerous times by strangers and LOOK like hotel pool towels. That really pissed me off especially when there was no intention on my part, I'm just out here trying to have a swim with my family! Also she didn't even end up charging me which infuriated me more cause then it leaves room for me to think she stereotyped me and therefore threatened to charge my account assuming I MAY NOT RETURN THE TOWELS. If it's a standard process then I should've been charged both days for taking pool towels but its an obvious - per reception discretion who they decide to have that 'sort' of threatening discussion with. I've never stayed anywhere that charged a bond for pool towels! Dampened my stay FOR SURE and if I do stay here again, I will pack my own swimming towels so I'm not made to feel like a criminal or be charged for bond on something so ridiculous!

The pool for sure! How spacious the apartments are.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2018

Fantastic place will be staying again for sure
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The aircon didn't work properly

The look of the place just looked so fancy and welcoming everything was well maintained and such a great price compared to others we have stayed at. And the tram being right at the gate was a really great part super easy to get everywhere.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2018

Great view. Great facilities. Worth the money! Minus the few inconveniences would visit again!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Dryer was broken, booked a room for a couple and arrived to see two single beds. Staff kindly and quickly fixed the bedding situation but gave me masking tape to tape the dryer shut so it would work.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2018

The staff were fantastic, from check in/out to...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There was only one tiny bar of soap but I purchased some from the supermarket the next day to last us our stay.

The staff were fantastic, from check in/out to restaurant staff. 1 bedroom apartment was large with great views and new appliances in the kitchen. Bed was comfy (I’m really fussy when it comes to beds). Buffet breakfast was great and had a good range of food although there were no mushrooms that most buffets have. Pools, waterslides and spas were good. They have a lifeguard on duty until 5 each day which is when the waterslides close but pools are open until 10. Location is great with the tram just out the front. I have booked a 5 night stay here again for January. Will be a 2 bedroom apartment so fingers crossed it will be as good as the 1 bedroom apartment 😀

• Reviewed: 23 November 2018

The food was terrible, especially for the price.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The food was terrible, especially for the price.. $30 for a chicken snitz, have had better at the local for less then half that price The bar near the pool was just appalling!! nothing at all on tap, fridge was barely stocked! No variety, $9.50 for a stubbie of beer. Toilet in reception didn't flush (ladies toilet) very poor and very poor service!!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2018

One of the worst hotel experiences I have had.
    • Double or Twin Room

The place was dirty and smelled like mould and poo. The staff made me wait for 10 minutes at check out while they chatted about schoolies coming in, very rude. There was a woman screaming at 1am. The downstairs toilet did not flush and had an unflushed poo in it. The bed was 2 joined single beds, that were not that comfy.

The breakfast was lovely, but not many vegetarian options in the hot box. The view from the back deck was pleasant. The shower had good pressure.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2018

Not bad but needs an upgrade as run down and looking old.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

We had seperate beds in a one bedroom with my husband. The hairdryer was broken. Very run down, needs an upgrade in the room

The pool was lovely and the staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2018

Fantastic, would stay again!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Unfortunately the food in the restaurant didn't match the standard of the resort.

Even though our room wasn't ready on arrival (our roll away bed wasnt in there) staff were prompt to fix the mistake. We especially love the pools and slides, the theme throughout the resort, the location and views and friendly staff! Had a fantastic holiday! Thank you😊

Enjoyable
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The location was excellent close to the beach & the restaurant had some good deals for dinner. We had an issue with the first room we were allocated & when I bought it to there attention they moved us. I have stayed @ this location previously & will stay again

• Reviewed: 16 November 2018

Loved it
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The place lacks basic maintenance. Dust everywhere, wash machine leaked, the range hood didn’t work. Doors were sticking, no way to lock the entry from the inside. I’d still go back, but a bit more upkeep would be good.

Loved the setup and how spacious the rooms were. Massive wall in robe and en-suite were a bonus too. The laundry was great too. The views were awesome and location perfect for us. Will definitely go back

• Reviewed: 15 November 2018

Best Hotel Experience
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff were excellent always willing to help and always friendly, I ordered room service my first night and the food was exceptional..I love the wagyu beef burger. My room was very clean and I had access to everything I could have needed.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Had a lovely time, thankyou Mantra
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

We had a couple of concerns but were resolved immediately without issue. Been here a few times and will be back. The staff are awesome to deal with and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

Everything n it's handy to the beach n shopping
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

When we stuck in the lift with my grandkids and they were scared and so as myself because of our key issued.And this is the second time it happened since I booked n stayed there so I cannot guarantee it will not happen again.We were given a key that wasn't activated

Everything n it's handy to the beach n shopping

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Overall a great experience and lovely weekend away. Best pool area on the Gold Coast
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There were a pair of undies in the couch from a previous visitor, so a little cleaner would have been great

Loved the pool and the included breakfast and that we could use the facilities after check out for the day

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Include breakfast made it better value than it would otherwise have bee
    • Double or Twin Room

Broken blind in bathroom, broken door number, very small twin room, wrong info given by a receptionist with an attitude, only cleaned 3/4 days despite being a hotel room, not an apartment.

Excellent pools, spa & shared spaces- well maintained. Most staff were very helpful & pleasant. Enjoyed breakfast- staff were lovely & very efficient.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Great facilities
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

No free WiFi, no free WiFi hotspot in lobby as a concelation, extortionate costs if you wish to pay for it.

Pool facilities, Nice apartment, free parking, staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

How could a hotel this day in age and as big as Mantra not...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

How could a hotel this day in age and as big as Mantra not have free wifi for their guests?? This absolutely shocked me. For that reason alone I don’t think I’ll book with Mantra again.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

A lovely stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Our 5th person's towel and bed wasn't there on arrival to our room and was left off the breakfast list.

All the rest! The pools were beautiful, breakfast was delicious and the rooms clean and comfortable with great views!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

We would like to return for a longer stay but this time we will ensure we get a bigger room.
    • Double or Twin Room

When we arrived at our room there was a strong smell of either fresh paint or turpentine which affected my Asthma. Staff offered to change our room but the smell did eventually go away. The size of the room was a little disappointing. There was nowhere for us to sit apart from the bed.

Very comfortable bed. Staff very helpful. Location was excellent, very close to everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Wouldn't stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff were not approachable they had an arrogant attitude, especially the on-site manager. On third day our key into the car park wouldn't work. The first room we checked into was gross and when we asked to be moved to a nicer one preferably on a higher level we were initially told there was a room avaliable. But then they chanhed their minds and said there wasn't any rooms on higher level avaliable. So then we just got moved to a different room in the same floor. This place is very old and if i had the choice i would not stay here again.

The pools looked cool.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Our 2 bedroom apartment was a good size and well appointed.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was outdated and getting tired. The rooms were too bright in the morning, especially with a row of white tiles under the curtain to reflect the light even further. Price for movie rental was ridiculously expensive.

Our 2 bedroom apartment was a good size and well appointed. The pool area was AMAZING!! Both kids and adults love the little pool and spa at the back, which were overseen by the resident lizards. Good location, not far from the beach or shopping centre. The restaurant was handy and the food was good.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Location and the outdoor areas
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Appartments very tied ,we had no dishwasher for five days in first apartment .Furniture was very old and damaged, shower head kept coming off in one shower carpet frayed around windows , outdoor deck hair had ripped cover. Second apartment was better for our xtra two nights but single beds very old and uncomfortable .

Location and the outdoor areas

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Righ on the corner of the GC600 race track,great pool and...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Righ on the corner of the GC600 race track,great pool and spa facilities and awesome waterslides! Koastal kitchen was great for buffet breakfast and evening meals

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Could have done with a bit longer in this area.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't like the car park, as no directions for coming and going. Needs exit signs to avoid being stuck the wrong way out. Difficult to know where to go on arrival for parking also,

Loved watching the joy of the children coming out of the water slides, and enjoying the balcony and views. Very comfortable inside and plenty to see going on outside.Water feature very well done. Tennis court not used when we looked.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Mantra Sun City traveller photo gallery