Reviews of Mercure Centro Port Macquarie 4.5 stars

103 William Street, 2444 Port Macquarie, Australia

#15 of 33 hotels in Port Macquarie

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

The sofa bed was very uncomfortable and not enough blankets for it

The front desk staff her really helpful and friendly the rooms here really comfortable and well stocked

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

For the price of the room it would have been good to have free parking like most of the other motels....most people parked in the street which was a bit discerning...

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Staff were a bit rude, it seemed to me they werent interested and as for the breakfast, i waited over 20 min for them to replish the hot food so i left very dissapointed. I would not recommend staying there

Bed was comfortable and the WIFI was quick to connect

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Hi We were disappointed with the restaurant. We thought the prices and quality did not match well. If we stayed again we would not use the restaurant and use local restaurants.

It was good to have a balcony and pool which we used.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Rooms smelt of smoke so badly we bought a air freshener Shower recess mouldy and after showing the staff, them agreeing it needs urgent attention at check-out they still charged extra $13 parking

Food at the function was excellent Beds comfortable

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The restaurant was supposed to be open til 8.30 pm, I arrived at 8.10 to find they had shut it early. Kettle could not be filled from bathroom tap (too big) staff not overly helpful, and even though I was an Accor member they did not give me 50% off breakfast because I used booking.com Well if I had not used booking.com they probably would not have even seen me.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

the shower pressure could of been higher

my favourite thing was the hotel looked exactly like what you were offered online. it was tidy and the bed was comfy.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

There were no Bath salts or some kind of bubbles to put in the spa. Apart from that everything else was great.

The room was perfect. Bed was super comfy and we had an awesome night sleep, bathroom was great with both spa and shower and plenty of room on the vanity, we even had a kitchen table to eat at. We also had a good veiw of Port. We will definitely stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Last minute late check in, nobody on service desk the staff I found were not interested as they told me they were bar staff. Called a number that lady was loverly but didn’t know why I wasn’t charged on the site then upon check out i was charged a higher price then quoted even though I was In the room for 11 hours. Kinda sucked to be honest

Location was great parking too. Room with balcony which was clean

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

I didn't like the fact i was placed in a room for people with disabilities, if there were other rooms available. I would not like to have taken away the opportunity for someone who needed the facilities

See above

The air conditioning was useless. Set at 28%C, it still blew out freezing cold air. So we did without and suffered throughout the night in stifling heat. The mattress felt and sounded like it had a coating of plastic over it. The room was small and reminiscent of a 60’s Wangaratta motel. On top of that, the noises from the hotel’s mechanics such as fridge, lift and air conditioners constantly interrupted our sleep.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (3 Adults)

Reception staff couldn't find our reservation. Our room didn't have a two seat sofa as per booking. Having only one lift was very frustrating. We had to request our bins be emptied.

The cleaning staff were very friendly.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The reception at the front desk on our arrival was less than welcoming. The lady behind the desk made little or no effort to be personable as opposed to the person on the desk on Sunday morning who was charming.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Instant coffee in the room.

Friendly helpful checkin. Our room was upgraded so that was an exceptional bonus. Did not use the restaurant but the menu looked very good. Nice big comfy bed. Overall a great experience and would certainly stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

I have stayed here a few times and have enjoyed the experience. This time I ordered Breakfast in my room and clearly checked off the Gluten Free Toast option as I'm a Coeliac and suffer when any Gluten is eaten. I WAS SICK ALL THE WAY BACK TO SYDNEY. NOT IMPRESSED.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

A lot of mould in the shower. Wifi and parking were additional costs. Seemed to not be very busy yet we were given a room on the lowest floor.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

Free parking was a nuisance, over zealous parking rangers . If Port Macquarie public transport was better provided for I would have much rather not have to have brought a car on the journey . The grout / bathrooms need replacing / could use some renovating . Rooms not overly luxurious for the price range Staff were polite

The bed was good , the teenager was happy with the Wifi .

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The view was pretty poor, you either had car park or shopping centre views

The room was very big, great bed, everything was clean and modern, staff were friendly and helpful on check in

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Little things weren't quite to expectation such as the matress too soft, no butter with the toast, ice in the morning juice, etc. Nothing really was wrong, just not what I'd ever experienced before from a hotel.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

Maybe no ceiling fan, instead of running the air conditioning all the time, played up with my sinuses, but this is just a personal observation.

Extremely comfortable rooms and it’s value for money. Staff were very pleasant and professional. Will definitely stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The bathroom in our room was appalling. No where to put anything. Shower head would not stay up. Did not ask for a wheelchair room and did not appreciate having been put in a room with one without being asked.

Did not use the restaurant. It is over priced.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Would have liked 2 chairs or a couch, rather than one chair. Lift was really slow & aircon too cold (for me) and noisy. However we could open the door to balcony at night. Thought it was expensive for what it was but understand that it is holiday period when everyone puts prices up.

We liked the location, close to shops and restaurants. The room was certainly adequate and comfortable. Shower was really good.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

View from our room was not quite as expected as the website shows water views and states great views from balcony for our room type plus I was told we had an ocean view when we checked in but our room looked out over a car park and side wall of the hotel. I was going to book another hotel for the same stay that offered true ocean views for the same room size and rate and feel deceived by the photos posted on the website for our room showing ocean views when we didn’t get them and instead got a room that was rather dark.

Bed was comfy and a good shower

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The wedding function only stopped well after mid night. The music kept my one year old daughter awake until very late. The room was with disability friendly features and this is inconvenient to people without disability. There was no fan in the bathroom and because of the disability feature it was pretty wet in the bathroom after shower and it was still wet the next morning. The worst part was the reception lady. When I complained about the above issues before leaving, all I expected was a comment like I'm sorry to hear that. Apart from this comment she was more interested in letting me know that it was my own problem to book the room too late and that was the reason that I got the room with disability feature. Then I questioned why was I given that room and I knew that when I booked the room there was at least 3 same type of rooms available she just said it was impossible without checking anything. And she repeated that it was impossible a few times like she found out I was lying. But I wasn't. When I booked the room, booking actually recommended 2 same rooms for my daughter my wife and I. After I booked one room, when I was searching (just in case there would be a better deal, I might cancel that room and book another one), it still showed that there were at least 2 rooms available because I got the same recommendation of another 2 same rooms. How dare she criticize a customer's honesty like that without checking anything. She kept saying that we should book earlier as if many customer would specifically require not to have disability feature in their rooms. This was a perfect start of 2018 yes it was 1/1/2018 and I felt humiliated in front of my daughter and wife. Thanks mercury you made my day.

pretty clean

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Just a little dated but they have done a good job hiding it. Our room was a little close to reception so didn't feel very private, not a big deal for us though.

Very good location. The bed was super comfy. Staff were lovely and the room was spacious.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The tv went off a couple of times for no apparent reason Hard to access wifi

The hotel was very accessible to shopping centre and to restaurants on waterfront

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

Room size. Could have been better asi I said I had 2 kids and they had to share 1 pull out sofa bed which wasn’t overly comfortable for the 2 of them

It was great for convalescing as I was carrying an injury, my son was able to access the pool without any trouble

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

We had a balcony which was terrific, but it looked over shopping complex car park and the exhaust fans, air conditioning from this was extremely noisy. We like to have Windows/ doors open rather than using air conditioning.

Great location for what we wanted. Had to pay for parking but offered a good price, did not know when booking that parking would not be available free of cost.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

Paying for parking in the underground garage. The lady was no going to worry about charging this but the bloke said charge the card.

Very clean and comfy would stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The pillows was very flat and uncomfortable. Kids in pool making lots noise early morning.

Friendly and room size. Good parking and in town so can walk to shops and restaurants

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The bed creaked a lot. Neither of us slept too well due to the creaking and the flat useless pillows. The shower has a glass door that opens inward and smacks against the shower head when you're trying to get in and out, I wouldn't want to be the unlucky guest who it shatters on.. There wasn't enough milk for tea and coffee the next morning, due to no turn down service.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (3 Adults)

The second morning I was looking for toilet paper for the kids. We arrived to half a roll and had to hunt down more. Three of us in the room but only two towels. The room wasn’t serviced so I had to place rubbish outside the room, no chute available. Only after this were we offered to have the room serviced.

Upon arrival the young lady that greeted us was very welcoming. The beds were very comfortable. The kids loved the pool! The location is excellent! Close to the shopping centre, restaurants and cafes.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

My husband arrived earlier than me, was given an early check-in but upon entering the room, he noticed it hadn't been serviced or cleaned. There was stale rotting food in a cardboard box and some of it was spread on the floor and there was a very unpleasant smell. After complaining, he was given another room. On the 3rd day, they failed to service the room and blamed him for not displaying the sign correctly even though he did. He was charged $20 parking fees for 2 nights and he found it pretty mean considering the mishap that happened on his 1st and 3rd day. Will we come back and stay in this hotel again? The answer is definitely not!

bed was ok. good location near shopping centre. Happy hour from 5pm-6pm in their restaurant.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Our room had absolutely no view. We overlooked a car park but we're overlooked by the hallway. We actually packed up and went home. This was a celebration for our 20th wedding anniversary. But due to having to keep the blinds closed so that we weren't on display, we chose to go home rather than stay. I actually felt really disappointed. It was quite a let down.

The staff were amazing.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

My room had pool views, however this also meant it was near the bar, so it was very noisy when busy which made sleeping difficult.

Nice room with comfortable bed. Good location. Good services.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (3 Adults)

Quite noisy on the Saturday night until midnight like there was a band playing and people leaving a pub, shower leaked all over bathroom floor

Like bed comfort &room size &location

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Check in was a bit poor, with my reservation not at first being recognised. The hotel is on top of a windswept hill, which I didn't quite expect. The hotel is a bit bland, Accor style and I could have been anywhere in the world once in the room.

The hotel was generally comfortable

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Probably the view form our balcony as it was out onto the lane way, but it didn't really cause a major problem.

The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, they were all very helpful. Made you feel very welcome from the first telephone conversation to actually meeting the reception staff. The room was very comfortable and clean. The size of the room was excellent and I liked how it had a balcony. Good that there was free Wi-Fi.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Being a holiday getaway, we would have liked to be on a higher floor and not over the looking the pool. But we were still happy with the comfort of our room.

The warm reception was absolutely fantastic! The front desk was able to help us with any request we had. We felt comfortable and well looked after, we can’t wait to come back.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

We've stayed with some of the best hotels in Sydney and the Mercure at Port Macquarie surpassed these for services, cleanliness and comfort. Highly recommended.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Not clean, only 1 lift which we had to wait for ages. Not 4 star as advertised. We booked 2 rooms next to each other as we were 4 guest. Very noisy from 8PM but staff did nothing. Never coming back to this hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Very very Old Bathroom. Need massive renovation. Felt like old hospital bathroom. Room 9 out of 10 but bathroom was 2 out of 10.

Big Room, Tidy and clean

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Special thanks to the lady at reception when I checked in for organising my my breakfast to be delivered to my room as I was running in a marathon the next day. She was very helpful in chasing down everything I had asked for and made sure I was happy.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Ordinary view of a carpark but that can't be helped.

A very nice comfortable room and bed. Clean and tidy. Bathroom was clean but showing wear and tear signs. Lockup garage gives you a peace of mind.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Door handle didn't work properly but apparently you "just have to give it a good whack"??? Barely space for an average person to fit between the shower and wall to use the toilet. $10 per day to park in an empty car park.

Bed and pillows were great

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

My room when I booked stated that it had a balcony, but when I got there it was in the ground floor there was a very small courtyard penned in with a six foot fence

The bed was very very soft, room size good

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Staff members using the lift right after smoking a cigarette caused the smell of smoke to linger in the lift. Not a huge problem, but was a little bit off-putting.

Collin and Madeline went the extra mile to make my BFF feel extra special in the lead up to her wedding on Friday the 1st. Thanks for hosting a beautiful wedding and making everyone feel so comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath

THE STAFF DIDN'T REGULARLY LEAVE THE IN HOUSE BREAKFAST MENU AND ADVERTISED SOME BREAKFAST CEREALS THEY DID NOT HAVE.

THE STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL. THE ROOM WITH THE SPA WAS VERY COMFORTABLE.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Bed was too firm and pillows was too soft. Didn't get full sleep for 2 nights. The outdoor unit of the air conditioner was placed in the awkward spot where the sliding door opens. The shower is very average and some fittings keep falling off in the bathroom eg toilet roll holder.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (3 Adults)

If I wasn't a guest of the wedding that was on the floor above my room, the noise from the wedding would have annoyed me.

We accidently forgot our iPad in our room and hadn't even realised. The hotel called us as soon as they found it and shipped to us immediately.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

I thought the whole experience wasn't a good one. I have stayed at many Mercure Hotels and am a member of the loyalty program. I also stayed at the Mercure Airport for two nights this trip which was a great experience.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

As a guest I shouldn't have had to pay for parking. Don't like that the doona is sandwiched between 2 sheets instead of being in a proper cover & I would have liked a separate top sheet.

Everything was great. Loved it's location being so close to everything. i could walk to everywhere. Bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Lift took quite a long time to arrive on our floor. Think they were doing renovations.

Bed was comfy. T.V a great size. Breakfast staff were particularly helpful and pleasant.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The bar fridge in our room was a little noisey .

Always a pleasant stay at Mercure Port Macquarie . Centrally located , great value and nothing is too much trouble . Thanks for the flexibility of the later checkout it was most appreciated!

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

There should be special parking for larger cars.

The free wifi was a very good feature and it had a very strong connection :) The room service food was excellent! Good food and dessert. Prices were too expensive but luckily the food was good.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The bathroom. The shower leaked all over the floor. It was extremely small. The shower needs to be retiled. Not what yiu would exoect from this star hotel.

It was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Verandah was great.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Pay for underground car park. Timed parking on street means arrive early, by 4pm, if you want free parking for night.

Central location provides easy access to shops and riverside walk.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

We attended a function at the motel and only stayed the one night. The function on the roof top was well catered and the staff very friendly and helpful. We did not use the facilities as we needed to leave early the next morning.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (2 Adults)

The only thing I could fault was mould growing in the bottom corner of the shower near the door.

The minute I walked in the door, I felt very welcoming from the lovely staff at reception. I had my 10 week old baby and they were understanding and considerate. They offered a porta cot along with complements on my baby's looks. Although our room wasn't ready when I arrived 12pm, (2pm check in normally) they offered to call my when room was ready. The hotel is close to the shopping centres so it was convenient for ourselves to kill some time until check in. My favourite part was how comfortable the mattress was. A nice soft but supportive mattress and fresh crisp linen felt amazing.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Great location, close to shops and restaurants. Underground parking and really friendly, professional staff. Good wifi and clean comfortable rooms. Don't forget happy hour from 5.00pm in the downstairs bar for 40% off. The fastest lift in New South Wales too!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The room was very convenient clean but unfortunately we were only there in transit so could not avail ourselves of the facilities such as the pool which looked very inviting.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Room service menu was expensive. They added a room service fee. I ordered eye fillet which was overcooked and a little tough. I ordered fries as a side which were not available as they ran out!! Undercover Parking was $10.

Convenient location.

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony (3 Adults)

Bathroom dirty with mold in the corners of the shower and between the tiles, toilet is in a stupid place if you have long legs, they put a sink right in front of you. Back of the chairs in the room are old and split on the back rest. Why was I charged a fee re credit card fee when I paid by Debit card.

Staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

1.Dirty bathroom mould and grunge between floor tiles, leaky shower recess meant a wet floor. Pubic hair from a previous visitor still on floor. 2. Wi Fi service poor and my virus scan did not like the site at all due to a history of malware distribution and other virus problems. 3. Phone and clock radio in room did not work at all. Staff member tried to fix these items without success, and profusrly apologised..

View over the top of a multi storey shopping complex was not a great outlook., although the distant view of the coastline was ver pretty.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Our biggest complaint was that we requested a view and expected one of the water but only looked out onto the township. I think many rooms would have no view, perhaps only the top floor ones.

The room is comfortable and adequate. The bed is large and comfortable and the bathroom had a good shower and was clean. The toiletries and tea/coffee are very ordinary. The attached bar and restaurant was very convenient for an after dinner drink. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Room location meant some noise from bar area but it did not extend too much into night.

Proximity to CBD, shops, restaurants, etc. Cleanliness of room. Friendly and courteous staff. Flexibility in changing booking at short notice. Undercover and secure parking.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

I was astounded that in Port Macquarie we were expected to pay for overnight car parking. We opted not too, and were then given wrongful information about the need to move our car to facilitate the parking restrictions on the street. The "view" from our room across a carpark meant we left curtains drawn.

Location was very convenient for our purpose.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Well appointed room with all mod cons. Convenient undercover parking with easy access to room. Comfortable bed, lounge chair and desk added to the favourable ambiance. Close proximity to town centre.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

There's only one lift, so during peak hours it can be a little frustrating.

The room was super clean and larger than usual size. Off street secure parking was only $10.00 per 24hrs.

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay as enjoyable as possible! They were even kind enough to gift us a bottle of wine and chocolates as we chose this hotel to spend our wedding night at. Thankyou!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

The hotel ticked all our boxes above. Staff so friendly and easy to deal with. We turned up late foe a night cap on our last night we qanted port which was not there the staff qent to the trouble to go and get some from "down stairs"

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Initially allocated worst room in place, not what was booked. (Booked a standard queen room with balcony 484ft2 in size. Were given a much smaller room with balcony facing a concrete wall. After complaining, upgraded to superior queen room also 484ft2. NOT IMPRESSED). This is no way to treat a Booking.com member! No temporary parking for checkin. Parking charge extra to room tariff. Uninviting lobby.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Bed wasn't great, bed was fairly worn on the sides a bit hard to get out of, very different to the Mecure on the Gold Coast, rooms a lot smaller at Port. I suppose it is what you are led to expect from similar visits.

Clean, tidy and staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Bed and pillows very comfortable. Great breakfast menu which was delicious and very reasonably priced. Excellent location being close to shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Balcony

Shower head in room 201 was broken and didn't sit in the cracked cradle correctly. Room was presumably set out for a disabled guest and had a crackly plastic sheet under the top sheet on the bed which rustled and did not provide and calm restful environment for sleeping. Breakfast arrived to my room in the allocated time and was delivered by a friendly staff member but it arrived cold. Two eggs and two half tomatoes and cold toast, all tepid at best. No butter was offered on the menu or as a complimentary offering with the toast. Tea as a breakfast beverage costs $3.80, however is just a tea bag in a small pot with boiling water. As there were complimentary tea bags and a kettle available in the rooms I feel that this was very unfairly charged. I do not recommend ordering tea. Tea leaves and a strainer might have been a more satisfactory expense, but a tea bag in a small pot of hot water with no cup is an absolute rip off. The "free wifi" is a one hour allocation per guest. It is incorrectly labelled as "free".

Bed was (overall) comfy. Nice spacious room overlooking the park. Very clean facility. Air conditioning was a plus. The staff were the highlight of this trip. The kitchen staff were very pleasant as they passed me in the halls and the reception staff were on the top of their game. My room service dinner meal arrived promptly and was delicious. A vegetarian burger and lovely red wine. Note to travellers - the small bottle of red wine in the mini bar is $2 cheaper than a glass of red from the kitchen. However, in saying that, the Shiraz I had was divine.