Reviews of Mercure Melbourne Albert Park 4.5 stars

65 Queens Road, Albert Park, 3004 Melbourne, Australia

#84 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

• Standard King Room

noise from room above clearly heard - it was children running around, so that probably was louder than upstairs noise usually would have been, but it was definitely intrusive. Pillows weren't soft enough, and the coverlet on the bed was uncomfortably heavy.

The room and facilities were fine

• Standard King Room

We ordered a twin room which had a double bed in when we requested two singles they changed the double bed so that there was a gap of 5cms. Also when it rained the noise outside the room was so bad We got no sleep the rain was coming down a drainpipe and dripping onto some tin and sounded like bullets

• Standard King Room

Service was horrible room wasn’t ready 1St time arrived. Then got given room detail but still not ready the second time and this is at 5pm that evening then changed our room. As I was traveling with my 6year old . They weren’t even worried we had to wait Room extremely small. Then at breakfast one lady seated us reserved our table and on return to our table other staff had taken our table with our papers and given it away to extend someone else’s we then had to stand holding our breakfast my 6year old too why they set up another but still couldn’t return our papers. We got given a drink voucher for our trouble yet they obviously don’t know how to make coffee as it was disgusting and the put chocolate on a latte. Won’t be back again just horrible and very poor

• Standard King Room

The hotel staff gave my son a red panda key ring when we arrived and it made his day because it was his birthday weekend away. The staff also organised late check out for us the next day because of the rain therefore we could stay on until the weather was fine enough for us to venture outdoors to head home.

• Standard King Room

Other people’s room service trays being left in the corridors for over 24 hours. Housekeeping staff entered my room without knocking! Very slow checkin process Check your bill upon check out - I was charged $80 something for one pizza Asked for a mild Thai curry from room service, received a hot Thai curry. When asked to swap it I was asked 3 times, how much of it have you eaten. Great foyer, the moment you step in the elevator ethetics drop from a 4 star to a 2 star.

Good sized room, nice foyer, bar area and gym.

• Standard King Room

Unfriendly staff not clean as it should be. Location out of the way. How rude they can get. Staff needs lots of training

The hotel staff were unfriendly by far the worst hotel in Melbourne and I have stayed at few places

Errors made at reception

Room was fine, very spacious. Check in gave us the wrong room which meant retracing our steps when our cards didn't work and having to queue up at reception again, a very annoying situation.

• Standard King Room

The air vent in the bathroom was filthy which turned me off wanting to spend time in the shower.

The staff member who checked me in was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and generous in size and the bed was comfortable. Good gym facilities allowed me to fit in a modified strength session.

• Standard King Room

lift needs attention (mercure tower 1) Furniture in foyer very uncomfortable - Some people in our group had a $20 breakfast, When we enquired were told it would cost us $35 - We could not understand the difference

Staff extremely helpful - Rooms very clean and tidy.

• Standard King Room

The parking cost was ridiculous. We had never had valet parking before so we had some questions about it clearly. The staff kinda looked at us like we were stupid for asking these questions. It was just a little fancy for our liking.

The room was really comfortable. It met what we needed it for.

• Standard King Room

Miles too expensive for what you get. Menu stated steak from clare valley when i asked where abouts it came from thomas foods shame they have been inoperable for 6mths so dont know there menu and poir quality

Bar lady helped me greatly

Noise

I got a good rate on this room and as they say you get what you pay for, while the room was comfortable and clean, the bathroom needs updating and there was a lot of traffic noise all night. The guests next door arrived late and I suddenly realised how thin the walls were. I have stayed at the Mecure before and had a lovely room, this room did not meet expectations

• Standard King Room

Bed was two singles zipped together and had a distinct bump in the middle. Could not turn A/C off, or adjust flow Wifi was slow Musty smell in hallways and in room Specific movie was itemised on invoice (not discreet) Parking on site was expensive

Proximity to parklands and transport to CBD Breakfast and lounge facilities Concierge was very helpful and accommodating

• Standard King Room

Wifi didn't work, whole floor smelled terrible, first room I was given the lock didn't work properly, air conditioner didn't seem to work properly, however the price was good.

Great location and good value for money.

• Standard King Room

Fantastic location! Excellent customer service. Impressive facilities. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed the quality breakfast. Will definitely be returning.

• Standard King Room

Worst cleaning. Our glasses in the room looked like someone just wiped it with a towel and put it back. I think they must do the dishes in the bathroom sink and just put them back in there spot. They never vacuumed well, dust left in corners (specially the bathroom, behind the door). I found a towel with stains on it. They only changed the sheets when they felt they needed to. The carpet in the hallway on our floor had a horrible smell. I think they might have had a leak of some sort. Would have been nice if they informed us and apologised. Also you have to pay for everything. Wifi is $30 a day. Parking is $20 a day. This was my fault for not reading it before booking. But I wanted to stay because of the location. Next time I’m staying in a air bnb! The hotel lobby is probably the nicest think about it. I think they make their money on business people catching up at the bar or cafe or even just the lobby there. They have conference rooms and other areas they hire out. I only ever stay in hotels because I enjoy coming back to a nice clean peaceful room. I would never stay here again.

The room was a good size for two people.

• Standard King Room

The restaurant was very expensive for very small serves of food. I was not anticipating a daily incidental rate to be applied at check in. There was little value in $35 flat rate breakfast offered.

The room was clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and helpful. The information provided by booking.com was accurate.

• Privilege King Room with Lake View

The Lake view one was as big as three rooms! We were blown away when we walked in and the space that we had. It was in walking distance to a pub for tea or other local eateries. Our only wish was that we booked another night!

• Premium Twin Room

The toilet was leaking a little & the plug wouldn't fit right, so I couldn't have the bath I was looking forward to.

Really good size room, accomodating staff, comfy beds. I really liked the foyer design & layout.

• Standard King Room

The bathroom was not very clean and the bed was just 2 single bed put as one, it was uncomfortable sleeping with a split bed.

I got a late check-out as requested.

• Standard King Room

The shower had no pressure and didn't work well. The aircon did not work and was very hot during the night despite turning the temp down to 20°

The staff were great

• Standard King Room

Thought some parts of the property itself needed sprucing up. Paintwork looked a little tired. Bed was well slept in - scooped a little - could be upgraded. But otherwise we had a very comfortable stay.

Lovely staff, the tall Asian guy who made my (wonderful) omelette was warm and polite. Very good selection of ingredients at the egg bar.

• Standard King Room

Can hear a lot of noise from other people upstairs when they are having showers. It does have parking on site but you have to pay for it. Good thing is there is a car hire place on site.

Restaurant served its purpose for breakfast. Yes, beds were comfortable.

• Standard King Room

The only little thing that wasn't ideal was that the TV automatically turned on in the morning with a welcome message to another guest. But I would still rate the hotel as excellent.

The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Standard King Room

Bath did not work, air conditioning did not work, loghts were flicking throughout the room. when told staff they frankly didn't care or even take notes to fix this for the next guests.veey poor. Likely will never stay at a mecure again.

• Premium King Room

I think i had higher expectations for the price but it was only my first hotel stay so i dont really have anything to compare, we did not get room service as it was expensive.

Was comfortable only really used it for sleep and getting ready, was nice

• Standard King Room

My partner and I stayed at Mercure because I was recovering and needed relaxation. My room was spotless, bed was cosy warm and clean. We loved and enjoyed our night here.

• Standard King Room

Room had old furniture that was soiled and worn. Carpet under the lounge torn to the concrete. The room was not cleaned or cups refreshed 2-3 days out of 5. next room had a large number of people making lots of noise late at night. The sound insulation is poor. car park is expensive.

Friendly staff, very helpful.

• Privilege King Room with Lake View

The cleaning of our suite. It seemed that every room in the hotel was spotless...except our suite! We were at the hotel for a conference, so occasionally returned to the room during the day tp make phone calls, write documents etc. The room would not be cleaned until sometime in the afternoon and then it would be done in a fairly careless and superficial way. We were there four nights and the crumbs that were under our bed when we arrived were still there when we left :(. Fresh towels were provided, but the other towels were often left so after 4 nights we had a fairly cluttered bathroom! A used bathrobe was taken one day, and never replaced.

The staff seemed happy in their work and were easy to engage with and very efficient. The public areas were clean, comfortable and well designed. I liked the gym and pool area, the conference rooms, the business nook and breakfast area. The only meals I eat in the hotel restaurants was breakfast, but was offered a good range of breakfast foods and the egg station was excellent.

• Standard King Room

Doors that must be closed and not allowed to slam closed on the exterior of the building.

Noise was an issue for us being able to sleep. Our room was in Tower 1 adjacent the carpark and early hours of the morning a door would be constantly slamming as though staff were arriving for work and not closing the door carefully as they entered.

• Standard King Room

The bathroom needed total renovation. The room was not serviced " because I did not hang the card on the door" ! The room had scuff marks on the wall, cobwebs along the skirting. We had a total of three key cards over two days because they didn't work. The room was a twin but they did change it to a double which was booked. The kettle had a message written on it in marker pen, didn't understand what it meant. Bedside light faulty. Bath and sink plug didn't fit. Noisiest room I have ever stayed in due to proximity of main road so not much sleep. Cold tap fell off in shower. Parking has to be paid for but they did deduct from bill after presenting them with list above.

Pleasant staff

• Premium Twin Room

The room curtains were torn. The breakfast was too expensive(35 AU dollars) although good.

The location eas good, and the staff was very nice and hepful.

• Premium Twin Room

The connecting door into the room next door was too thin, we could here the people in the room and could also see their lights on all night around the door frame. Also had the joy of being woken at 5:30am by their wake up call.

The staff were great and very accommodating. Went out of their way to help out with extra pillows etc. The room was very clean and the beds very comfy too.

• Standard King Room

The cabinet housing the bar fridge needs updating. Door was crumbling at the bottom leaving shavings of particle board on the carpet every time you opened and closed it.

The rooms were larger than expected......very spacious!

• Standard King Room

The location is very good. But I have to say the facilities were quite old. The bed was quite hard. Shower over bath and shower curtains didn’t make it look like a four start hotel.

• Premium Twin Room

No microwave available. And no gowns, which would have been useful went walking from the sauna/pool to our hotel room.

The gym, pool and sauna facilities. And the bed was so lush and comfortable.

• Standard King Room

Thanks for everything the hotel provides. The staffs are very nice and kind. The environment is very clean. Besides, the breakfast included is very delicious and diversity. In addition, I want to express my appreciation to a special chief. He is very warm and made special breakfast for us. I will remember him forever. His name is Greek. thanks ,Greek. by the way, the meal you made is very tasty. Very nice meeting you. Good luck!

• Privilege King Room with Lake View

Booked a privilege king room with a view The view of the tree was ok ;) The TV didn’t work Communicated with reception and they could not fix it which was disappointing especially as there was no way to block the noise from the people at the bar just lay in bed bored and put up with it There was a large number of noisy people in the bar until late and this noise travels up the centre of the building

Reception staff were very helpfull

• Standard King Room

The TV didn't have the option to order movies, and it was difficult to communicate with the room service in order to get it fixed.

I was upgraded to a loft room, and it was beautiful. It was very spacious and a pleasant experience.

• Premium Twin Room

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at the Mercure for the weekend while in Melbourne. Excellent services starting from the reception. The staff are friendly and welcoming. We also liked the hotel’s great location where public transport is easily accessible.

• Standard King Room

I couldn't seem to get the wifi to work and the 24/7 helpline didn't answer the phone. Granted, I didn't enquire further at the help desk and I called at 2am haha. Still, it was an annoyance.

I liked the reception. Super friendly and informative!

• Standard King Room with Lake View

The Air conditioner in the room was extremely noisy and did not work correctly.

It was close to what we wanted to do in Melbourne. Good view of the lake.

• Standard King Room

Without our knowledge the staff had “upgraded” our room to consist of two double bed instead of the standard king room we booked. For a couple, this was not ideal but as we were rushed we left it.

Helpful attentive staff. Comfortable beds. Great location.

• Standard King Room with Lake View

not applicable - we were satisfied

The night concierge was helpful. We appreciated her excellent customer service skills & friendliness especially after a long road trip.

• Standard King Room

The WiFi was terrible, very weak signal that regularly dropped out. The on site restaurant was expensive and patronage was unsurprisingly low. There were only a few places to eat nearby. A great buffet breakfast at a reasonable price would be awesome.

The bed was really comfortable. Easy access to the tram (close to both the CBD and St Kilda). My request for a room with a bath was accommodated. Requests for ice for our drinks were attended to within minutes. Fantastic value for money.

• Premium King Room

The bed was comfy and the room was more spacious than I anticipated. Much better room than others I was viewing in the same price bracket. Exceptional deal! Made the most of it and had breakfast delivered to room. Delicious pastries and jam. The late check out at 11am was a bonus find as i expected the usual 10am. The later time certainly helped after my event the night before. Given the value I was provided and the location I've committed to treating myself every couple months for some rest and relax from my hectic life. Looking forward to trying gym and pool in the future.

• Premium King Room

Sadly the rooms don’t seem to have adequate sound proofing. We were kept away by the guests in the next room watching tv late at night and were able to hear every conversation they were having.

Walk in shower.

The staff were fantastic especially the concierges. The rooms are a little dated but very comfortable. Height of baths a little bit difficult. Coffee shop was good for a quick breakfast. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

• Standard King Room

The staff were insincere and inconsistent with their information and I am still waiting for my deposit which they told me they’d put straight back into my card as I checked out and despite theee phone calls it’s still not there plus instead of my genius status upgrading me - they downgraded me

Luxurious and lovely

• Standard King Room

average restaurant. salty food. account mix up and no back up service to resolve. did not call back or email as promised. impersonal restaurant staff.

great room. good location. good bar area. concierge services great.

• Standard King Room

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful with queries. Hotel location is further away from CBD, and the trams are currently not running at capacity due to upgrading works. But it’s only a short car journey to St Kilda, CBD and Prahran area.

• Premium Twin Room

Nothing !!! This hotel complex is wonderful and affordable. Trivago is a great website to find great rates at hotels.

We liked everything about this hotel complex. From our lovely twin room and bathroom to the pool, spa and sauna. We were given a free room upgrade which made our stay. Also the very yummy breakfast that caters for everyone.

• Standard King Room with Lake View

We booked a King-size bed with lake views but couldn't really see much of the lake and we got a twin bed which we had to rearrange and turn into a double. The shower cabin had mould and the shower screen door didn't close properly which resulted in water all over the bathroom floor. Sports facilities were good, but the men's changing room area was very old and in dire need of renovation. No hot water in one of the changing room shower cabins. We expected more from Mercure and were very let down after this stay☹️

• Standard King Room with Lake View

Room didn't really have great view over Albert Park and WIFI should be free.

I needed a wheelchair and ice pack and the staff were happy to assist. Breakfast staff were lovely and helpful as I found it hard to get around.

• Standard King Room with Lake View

I can't stand having to pay extra for wifi It should be free Most hotels I stay in overseas have free wifi

The room was comfortable and the service was good

• Premium King Room

The parking is super confusing and when we finally understood where we were meant to park and what it would cost ($20 everytime you LEAVE the car park, you need to get a ticket from concierge for the ticket machine otherwise it’s $32) nobody gave us a ticket. We had to ask repeatedly for tickets to leave. At one point when we asked we were refused and a manager had to come over and tell the lady to give us our ticket. Also our view on the fourth floor was concrete apartment walls even though we were staying next to water.

Close proximity to transport, restaurants eat.

• Standard King Room

Parking is expensive - each time you leave, you have to pay $20 it should just be a daily charge that allows you to come in and leave as you please

great location and easy to get around the city

• Standard King Room

There was some issues with the bathroom lighting that clearly had been a problem for some time and needed maintenance.

Late arrival so dined in the restaurant which was very nice but quite expensive

• Standard King Room

The only reason we wouldn’t stay here again is because of the twin beds pushed together to make a king bed. I know this is standard practice in many hotels but this would be the most uncomfortable of these that we have slept on due to the lack of a plush mattress topper.

Fantastic staff who were extremely friendly and helpful, room service menu was excellent and the breakfast buffet was delicious with lots of different options!

• Standard King Room

Pillows were a little flat but you can just ask for more

We were celebrating my birthday and the staff were so kind they sent us a bottle of champagne. I find little things like that really go a long way. Stay was great clean tidy room and big tv. Volume limits on tvs so no noisy neighbour playing really loud tv.

• Premium Twin Room

Two hotels in one - signage is not clear Parking is very expensive and made this reasonably priced hotel quite expensive. Thin walls - we could hear everything that was happening in the next room

Good location Clean rooms

• Standard King Room

I didn’t like that our view from our room was a sketchy parking lot but am at least grateful this hotel had a window!

The conceierge were super friendly and approachable. My friend and I booked this more so as sorta a budget hotel. We weren’t splurging and didn’t expect it to be overly nice. It did exceed our expectations! I would come back and/or recommend this to friends & family!

• Standard King Room

The 'king bed' was two single beds pushed together and they kept slipping apart.

The staff were amazing and did everything possible to make sure the start of our honeymoon was perfect.

• Premium Twin Room

The room Distribution for guests no near to another room because I’m listening all time The people in the next room Free breakfast 1 day when do you stay in the hotel more than 1 night

The swimming pool and jacuzzi

• Standard King Room

Room was very average, towel had whole in it. Carpet was little marked. Wardrobe doors were both uneven. Tv cabinet doors were also uneven. Hallway was very dirty.

Staff were excellent, location was great.

• Standard King Room

Dark room, no space was a squeeze between bed and wall.

We chose this hotel for the proximity to the F1 grand prix we were attending as the hotel was opposite the venue. The room rate, as with all events like this was over inflated for a basic hotel.

• Standard King Room

Shower over bath in Mecure room

Very close to Albert Park gate 9 and was there for the Formula 1 in the Park corporate facility.A short walk from the hotel.

• Premium Twin Room

Rooms are dated and run down. Beds were really uncomfortable. No control of aircond temperature we could find an electrical point near the bed sides which we could use to charge phones and the electrical point available in room couldn’t be used since it was very low to the floor that a standard charger wasn’t able to fit since it will hit the floor. We found so much dust behind the bed sides when looking for a power point. If you order room service you will be charged for a delivery. No water in fridge!

The entrance to the hotel is really nice and spacious

• Standard King Room

The hotel was a bit far away from cafes/restaurants for us oldies without the expense of a cab. The trams were out of the question as we were only in Melbourne the one night so didn't know about having to buy a tram pass. Next time we come we would be staying longer and buy a tram pass.

We liked the tea and coffee in the room but a couple of biscuits would have been nice.

• Standard King Room

the generals of the hotel are fine, the problem is that the restaurant and coffee place seem to be open only for very short periods, when international guests are at the facilities and having meetings it may be not possible to adapt to the local habits of dinning. The hotel is not close by any places for lunch or dinning. At least this is the impression we take after our stay.

• Standard King Room

Room size was very small (like a box), air conditioner was preset and unable to change. Was supposed to have a mini bar, but didn't ....and finally parking is expensive and had to tell them that we actually travelled by car and parked in the underground car park before they offered us a reduced rate for parking, (should be free for guests with the amount that the room costs!) and should be mentioned when you book.

• Standard King Room

The bed was a bit too hard for our liking, however, we can't complain as the cost was extemely good.

We received a bargain price for the rooms which we didn't expect. Nice to sit and have a drink and nibbles. the rooms were nice. It was convenient to the Ferry departure point.

• Standard King Room

Absolute rip off The room was dingy and the view was of the flithy tin roof These rooms need some updating I have stayed at multiple hotels accross melbourne and this would be the crappiest. Was very disappointed

• Standard King Room

no rot on wooden furniture. Asked for wii fi, they said it would connect a minutes after we went to room - at 9pm. It connected at 11.30pm.

bed was good. tv cupboard was rotted at the sides and bottom. nothing in the bar or to snack on.

• Standard King Room

The size of the bath. when I checked in the fee for the night + 50$ was reserved on my account. Upon checking out my card was charged again for the night and when asked I was told the original money was just on hold and will take 3-5 days to go back in. So in total $290 was taken out my account which has left me short this week as I have to wait until Friday to get the money refunded. I don’t understand why my card was charged twice

Everything was great