Reviews of Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens 4 stars

13 Spring Street, 3000 Melbourne, Australia

#52 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Nothing! One staff member on front desk could be trained more, but think he is new.

Location was perfect! Especially if seeing games at MCG. Room was made up nicely each day. It was a quiet room despite being on a main toad.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

When housekeeping started cleaning the neigbouring rooms, they were very noisy. Probably doesn't help guests who want a later start and staying beyond that day.

Bed was comfortable.

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (3 Adults)

Ensuite too small, offer mugs in room for beverages also. If reception is busy during peak times have staff to answer phone for room requests. I waited over an hour for request and when l asked again they were not busy but had forgotten about my request.

Great views of treasury gardens extra bed for our daughter was made bed and pillows very comfy had nesprespond machine in room. Extra power points in room also USB outlets available

• Standard King Room - City Side

The bathrooms were way to small. The lighting in the rooms is really bad. You only have 2 beside the bed and a little lamp on desk. Bathroom lighting really bad. Hard to do makeup or get ready. Also have been overcharged for our stay. They advertise Happy Hour everyday but because there was a special event on they cancelled it for those 2 days

The location was good easy access to MCG and the free trams within the city zone.

• Superior King Room - City side

The bathroom was tiny. You can touch all 4 walls standing so my guess was that it was about 1.8x1.5m. The sink surround was so small we couldn't store our things in the bathroom and the towel rack was over the toilet.

Great location. I really enjoyed the bed it was super comfortable.

• Superior King Room - City side

Great location, close to mcg and close enough to walk to federation square, eureka tower and shopping food etc. The breakfast was the most variety I've seen anywhere with super healthy options also, something for everyone. Breakfast was just amazing.

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (3 Adults)

The bar was closed when we came back from the footy. Big mistake. We went to a bar down the street and I’m sure many others would do the same thing.

Proximity to mcg as we were there for the footy. Also had a great bar.

Bathroom a bit small

Nice clean and comfortable. Close to everything with friendly accomodating staff. It was our anniversary and they gave us a lovely gift. We will definitely be back.

The bathroom was very tiny and very tired - the rooms generally need an update.

While the hotel is a little tired, it is perfectly located, the staff friendly and the facilities comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Dining staff at breakfast could be friendlier

Staff very obliging at check in and check out. we needed to change rooms and staff acted on request promptly and with lovely manner

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (2 Adults)

Parking was bad just to check in. Carrying suitcase through multilevel carpark and shopping centre and no directions from reception

Location to events

• Standard Twin Room - City Side

I got two twin beds that I had to put together my self.. only two pillows in the room.. ( need two on each side of bed). Air con was difficult to work. TV batteries were flat. Very noisy people next door It takes days for them to release the credit card funds..

I did like the late check out

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

The only thing my soup and mains were served at the same time...... the first night. not that it really mattered. I found that unusual.

I found the room, bed very comfortable and quite quiet. Eat in the restaurant each night and compliments to the Chef. Position was excellent for my requirements :- appointments in East Melbourne Easy access to shopping in Melbourne and theatres. It suited me to walk everywhere but there is plenty of public transport available.

• Standard King Room - City Side

I was so happy that when we first arrived the manager bought up a small desert platter to our room to say welcome and thank us for being a loyal customer. Also the female staff member at the bar was always so polite and caring. I asked for a large glass of ice to take back to my room and she was always so accomodating. Thank you for a lovely experience at your hotel.

• Late Check In Only (From 8PM) - Standard Double

A suggestion is they should provide bottled water in the rooms and toiletry such as toothbrush, toothpaste. It’s always handy for travelers.

I’ve stayed here a few times and it’s been one of my favorite location because it’s easy to park the car but also walk into CBD Central. The rooms are always clean and spacious.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (2 Adults)

If I was being picky I would say don't have a frosted glass door to the bathroom? And maybe somehow better ventilation in the toilet 🤤🤤

I always stay here when I visit Melbourne. Ticks all the boxes... staff, location and room are all fantastic. I will be back.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (3 Adults)

Bathroom was very small and negotiating the shower door was difficult.

Great location. All staff were extremely helpful. Very comfortable beds. Very quiet. No noise from outside or other guests.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Bed very comfy its just thet we booked the overnight stay esmy husband was booked for an eye operation nexr morning and could not partake in the complimentary breakfast as he had to fast tough luck when your guest of the day but we liked it so much we will be back thanks again

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (2 Adults)

Balcony was a waste of money, no chairs/table on balcony, don't know why they charge extra for that type of balcony. Bathroom was tiny with glass sliding door. The vanity top got flooded with water when basin used. Nothing in bar fridge. Was told at reception to ring for a drink and it would be brought up which defeats the object of bar fridge. No bottle of wine/champagne in room per description on booking details. When queried this at reception, was told it was part of mini bar which was non-existent. Safe in room broke which maintenance could not fix and staff did not seem bothered or apologetic. Reception staff gave useful info about free trams but did not tell us they didn't start until 10am. Second morning we went down for breakfast there was not a single table that was not cluttered with previous patrons breakfast dishes, we had to clear our own table and ask for glass tumblers/ dishes as there were none.

Bed was comfy. Breakfast was good. Had a luggage room to store luggage which was useful.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Room is quite cramped so cannot pull chair out from desk far enough to work as is stops against bed. No ramp from side-walk to hotel entrance door

Location and the breakfast

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

The happy hour drinks could of included a wider selection

The double shade helped block out the light and had a quiet night sleep. Close to city but away from the noise.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (2 Adults)

A ramp at front entrance would be good

Comfortable beds, great shower, gorgeous sunrise through room window overlooking Treasury Gardens, wonderful breakfasts, nothing too much trouble for happy staff.

• Standard Twin Room - City Side

WiFi a bit slow but it worked

Good Breakfast in terms of the range available Good clean rooms Good Value Location is handy - not in the middle but close enough so if the traffic is bad you can get in/out easily

• Late Check In Only (From 8PM) - Standard Double

Bathrooms were small. The shower was difficult to get in and out of because the door opened into the shower, with limited space to close the door once you were in. The bathroom flooded when the shower was running.

The restaurant was great. I like the option of a choice of different pillows.

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (2 Adults)

Milk and sugar not refilled when room was clean. Not great early start for a caffine junky 😊

Clean and comfortable. Room a touch on the small size but the balcony and view more then made up for it. Really convenient location for free tram and to tourist places.

• Standard Twin Room - City Side

Bed was not very comfortable, bathroom was tiny and the floor towels got very wet even though there was a shower screen

The staff was friendly and helpful

• Standard King Room - City Side

To have a toaster in our room, that’s about it.

Food was great, good variety. The Customer service by the staff overall was the best I’ve had in a while👍

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Dinner contained ingredient I had specifically asked not to be included

Check in staff member was great and front office manager was very concerned about my complaint

see above

buffet breakfast was good , except one day we got bread which was getting bad . Hotel staff gave away our room and then 2 single bed with another roller bed was given to us . also they charged us twice , which needs to be refunded . no bottled water in room

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

a little bit expensive, not suitable for people who have heavy/many luggage

easy booking easy check-in, check-out, have everything you need in the room, a variety of tea

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (2 Adults)

The bathroom was very small, lucky we are slim people. The cleaners are busy, busy people but the rooms required more attention, (corners of floors in the bathroom had build a build up of dust). It's not the cleaners fault, they would be on a tight schedule.

Breakfast was good. Christian @ front desk was excellent. A good quiet room (as requested), thank you. Hire car service on departure to airport was great. (and it wasn't Uber)!

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (3 Adults)

It's not what we booked. Our booking stated superior queen room with two queen beds and it was a queen bed with a sofa bed.

Location and cleanliness

• Late Check In Only (From 8PM) - Standard Double

Late check in time. Booked on booking.com, check in time clearly from 1400. Several days before my stay, received a phone call telling me that check in time was now 2100!! I could cancel if I wished...(Melbourne fully booked, so not an option for me). Still charged the same exorbitant price, then cleaning staff knocked on my door at 0830 wanting to know when I was leaving!!!!

Staff friendly, food good

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Small bathroom, shower door difficult to maneuver when opening outwards can’t open with bath mat on the floor.

Small hotel room but was comfortable. Lovely instant hot shower. Lovely helpful polite staff.

• Superior King Room - City side

Went down a bit later for my inclusive hot breakfast say around 8.30am and it was not very hot. Had to get them to heat it up in the microwave.

The Shower was fantastic hot great shower head and the towels were extra long. The blockout curtains were the best i have come across not one bit of light come through.

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (2 Adults)

I travel very often and stayed in hotels of different kind , unfortunately my check-in experience was not the best. When I arrived, I asked if I could change my reservation and downgrade to a cheapest room and the receptionist told me to call booking.com to see if they could authorize it. Booking.com in turn told me, it is possible in principle but I have to see with the hotel manager as only him/her can agree. Unfortunately for me, the hotel manager was not as friendly as her employees. She indicated me that nothing could be done as the cancellation period had passed already. I did not want to cancel but just downgrade. I do understand what she meant but I found her tone condescending. At the end of the day, I paid $800 for the room so I would expect a nice attitude even if it's fake. It's like I was annoying her and the other receptionist. Regarding the room, I was surprised to see that the choice of TV channels was very limited: No BBC, No CNN, No MTV. Very surprising for such an expensive hotel.

I really liked my room with the balcony and the view on the park. The room was very comfortable. The check-out was great. The receptionist who did my check out early in the morning was extremely nice and helpful. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name. Hope management rewards him. definitely one of the best receptionist I've dealt with.

• Superior King Room - City side

The room was a little 'tired' as was the area around the lifts and hallways. Parking was extremely tight even with a small car. Room service options were very limited late at night.

The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Superior King Room - City side

Would have been nice if the windows were cleaner so we could enjoy the pretty garden view we paid extra for. Coffee machine in breakfast area was not a pleasant tasting coffee. Artificial and too sweet (without sugar). Also some cooked foods in breakfast buffet were only just warm enough. When checking in we were offered drink vouchers after joining the hotel club and staff suggested we use them after our show, however when we returned from our show the two barmen told us the bar was closed. There was no signs showing bar times so that was a little disappointing because we could have used the vouchers before our show if we'd known. Otherwise a good stay.

Convenient location, nice bed/pillow options, good range of foods for breakfast including gluten free items.

• Superior King Room - City side

The air was stuffy in the room. The shower door. The parking was a bit dear compared to other hotels that include free parking for similar hotel prices.

The location was close to the venue we attended. the bed was comfortable

• Standard Twin Room - City Side

We paid $60 for two breakfast and they were stone cold,my husband told them and they put his in a microwave to heat up.I was so angry as I was hungry from only having a very cold toasted sandwich sent up to our room around 11.45pm at a cost of $16 ...with a few potato chips.We saw the chef..cook come out and check things but everything was still barely warm(breakfast time)I thought for health reasons meals had to be at a certain temp/this would never have passed.

• Standard King Room - City Side

"City Views" were really of the building opposite so wrangle for a room on the park / MCG side. "King Bed" was 2 singles strapped together so had a noticeable join in the centre. If you wanting to eat in-house anything other than Asian fusion you are out of luck. I rang the restaurant and asked about a steak and was told I would have to eat in my room - so I went to Locanda at Rydges in Exhibition Street. Allow 10 minutes for a cab.

Good location in the "quiet" end of town so you can be near the city centre but not in it. Nice park opposite the hotel for that early morning walk and near to trams with a short walk to shops and amenities. Good showers and nice big bath sheets. Reasonable wifi and free in 24 hour increments. Happy, friendly staff.

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (2 Adults)

I had booked 2 rooms with balconies through booking.com but they didn't have the booking in their system, neither had the rooms available. We had to stay in worse rooms but we got breakfast as a bonus. At a later point we got to the right rooms.

Friendly staff. Great view from the rooms looking over the garden. The rest are not that good... The breakfast is good. Comfortable bed. The bath amenities were good. Very good location, not in the busiest part of the CBD but 2 minutes walking from it.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (2 Adults)

Didn't like that the car parking was not on-site and we had to lug our bags up and down stairs and around the block. Also that a part was stolen off my vehicle whistle in the car park.

Great dining for a quick bite however there are so many amazing dining options within walking distance.

• Standard King Room - City Side

The manager. There was a confusion with payments, A mistake was made by hotel personnel when inputting amounts payable when I made and payed for the booking months in advance. I dont have a problem with this but the manager made me feel like this was my mistake and I was belittled the amount was only $10.00 surely this could have been waived or sorted out on arrival not when I am checking out 5 minutes before my bus is due to pick us up.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable.

Room size and carpark

Room service meal was sensational,unfortunately we ordered entre',main and desert but only got 1 set of cutlery,disappointing but quickly rectified. Room was tiny

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (2 Adults)

Bed was very firm. Windows were dirty which spoilt the view some what.

Location perfect location for getting out and about in inner and outer Melbourne and great view over Fitzroy gardens.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

The bar staff did not know how to make a Bloody Mary. Apart from breakfast the restaurant appeared to be a little lost - not sure of its intent. We went elsewhere for meals and drinks. Breakfast was good however floors and tables need a clean more often

Bed was good. Staff on desk very helpful. Thanks for posting items my partner left in the wardrobe.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (2 Adults)

Accidentally left Personnel belongings behind after realising my mistake I10 minutes away I called and advised reception. Acknowledgement message left on my phone advising they found items and would post back to Sydney. After a few days of non receiving items further contact was made and have found out back room staff accidentally sent items to another guest whom also reported similar item missing in which the hotel courier my belongings to him and without reporting accepted items, contact from hotel has not been the greatest eventually being told my items are in USA awaiting guest to return them. Not impressed it has been over 3 weeks now with no tracking numbers. Perhaps when the hotel finds lost property in a room tag immediately with previous guest details this would of stopped this unfortunate mishap. Do not rate the breakfast over priced

The view from our hotel room from high floor

• Superior King Room - City side

Expensive. No cupboard space to unpack. Room wasnt cleaned until 4pm and we walked in to our door open and no one there cleaning. Only got one towel each. Couldnt connect to wifi.

Close to rod laver. Black out curtains were great! Shower was awesome. Pillow menu is also great! Good view of gardens. Breakfast was beautiful but too expensive ($120 for two people for 2 mornings).

• Privilege King Room with Balcony and Garden View (2 Adults)

The bed was really comfortable and the location surprisingly quiet at night....slept amazingly well. Location for concerts at Rod Laver and Margaret Court arenas couldn’t be better.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

I felt the net curtains in the bedroom looked old and washed out looking , could do with being replaced .Otherwise the room was comfortable.

Excellent staff on the reception, very helpful and answered all my queries. Also gave me recommendations for restaurants etc

• Standard King Room - City Side

I was given the room with a view ...sadly windows are so dirty cannot enjoy the views Shower did not provide hand cream or body cream - shower screen door had not been cleaned there were soap marks left on bottom of door. Same with the door to enter bathroom not cleaned Bathroom light is not good enough to apply make up. As we entered room was rather warm ... Kettle was dusty Room does not have a plug for a usb cable Chair in room is worn out and fabric is torn Bed's mattress too soft and pillows needs replacement

it was disappointing

• Standard Twin Room - City Side

Sarah from reception went over and above in her friendliness and making sure we had everything we needed. An exceptionally friendly and efficient staff member.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

There was no assistance at all with luggage. We were travelling with a baby so we had a lot of extra stuff. Disability access was non existent no ramp! Balcony was in poor condition.

The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.

• Superior King Room - City side

Wasn’t told we needed to use our room key to activate the lifts so would still be there if someone hadn’t got into the lift a couple of minutes after us! Was a gap down side of shower door so floor became wet when we had a shower. Mattress topper was smaller than mattress so edges of bed were hard when getting in and out of bed.

Location was beautiful. We had upgraded so had a view over treasury gardens. Hotel was nice a quiet at night, very clean and staff were very friendly and welcoming. Bed was comfortable and we both slept very well.

• Standard King Room - City Side

Lighting in room was quite poor wife had trouble putting on makeup in any room. Room had no main light just bedside and desk lamps

Best nights sleep in a motel I've ever had the block out curtains fantastic

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (2 Adults)

Having paid for a room with views of the gardens, for the first of two nights we were put in a first floor room with a full view of a tin roof. Not okay. The hotel couldn't move us until the second night, when we had a nice 7th floor outlook.

• Superior King Room - City side

Wasn’t so happy with glass door on toilet/shower ~ not very private.

Bed very comfortable and all staff friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff very nice.

• Superior King Room - City side

Staff told me breakfast was not included in my rate but it was. The restaurant has changed to an Asian restaurant since we last stayed.

Great location, very comfortable room

The service was great, and we were there to see the fireworks on NYE and found we were literally just across the road from them, it was the highlight for us

• Superior King Room - City side

The wifi was very weak & only allowed 3 devices. My wife & I have 5 devices. Whilst we switched the wifi off on our phones to allow our iPads & laptop the 3 device limit the slow speed of the wifi made it nearly unusable. I had to hot spot from my own device often.

The staff were extra friendly & helped me fix an issue I had when trying to book through Accor. The view from the room over Fitzroy Gardens was really nice.

No real negatives.

Location was excellent for the purposes of our visit which was our main priority, close to city, tennis (Australian Open) and transport - and opposite Treasury Gardens.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Car parking on site is way to cramped and way to expensive. A lot of hotels in the area charge as low as $20 with the clear majority only charging $30. Here it’s $40! That’s to much considering most hotels have agreements with parking lots in their areas for much cheaper rates. Management needs to look at this to stay competitive.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (4 Adults)

When we left our room the beds were made and each time only 2 towels renewed .. we had to call too service for 2 more towels (there was 4 of us staying and on the booking)!this was annoying.. also tea not replaced and glasses/cups not washed ..

Room was adequate size Blinds at windows good Shower was hot

• Standard King Room - City Side

First stairs to entrance bad with luggage. Bathroom bad as water keeps coming through to where the basin and toilet is even with the shower door totally closed. Room felt too small.

The Bed was very comfy. Staff were very nice and helpful.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (3 Adults)

Lack of wheel chair access. Second bed was very close to the air conditioning unit so you had to shuffle to get past it. This was not an issue but when I got up in the morning when our son knocked on the door I hit the corner of the air-conditioning unit fairly on the nose. Minor scratch and a bit of blood so not a major issue but could have lost an eye.

They changed our room because of the roof was leaked because of thunder. The receptionist from Taiwan is very nice!

The kids' breakfast is free, but the food is too normal.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Small room. Ridiculously small bathroom. No free Wi-Fi. Bar-staff friendly but inexperienced. Breakfast expensive for very standard offering

Excellent and helpful staff. A/C worked well in very hot conditions. Reasonable room service selection, and sensibly priced. Check in/check out smooth and quick.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

Our room looked out to the back of the hotel, against half a wall and a yard containing dumpsters. Not at all like the 'view' in the pictures when you book. There was a lot of noise from trucks early in the morning - not suitable for a sleeping baby.

Very nice to have a park right in front of the hotel

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (4 Adults)

The room was very small and the rate was very high compared to grander and more luxurious hotels very close by. I would have preferred to pay for 2 x rooms at another hotel than the high rate for one very small room with 2 x double beds within. Our phone only ever had an engaged signal and we had to walk downstairs to order room serve and liaise with the staff. We arrived around midnight and whilst the Manager was helpful, we could not order room service and they only had 2 x pillows left despite advertising a pillow menu. There was also only 2 x towels even though we booked a double room for 4 persons.

The location was good, a quieter and pretty part of the Melbourne CBD with beautiful gardens directly opposite. The staff arranged a wonderful babysitter for us. She was amazing, on time, friendly and the children absolutely loved her. My husband and I went out for dinner and drinks and there was a wonderful choice of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

• Superior King Room - City side

Only one person working in reception at the time of check out meaning there was a lengthy queue.

Comfortable bed, good sized shower despite the small bathroom, quiet room, great view of the gardens, good breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Standard Twin Room - City Side

Great location,very comfy bed,great pillow,fully stocked bar fridge,extra large bath towels,great decor.Fabulous bar on the ground floor overlooking the Treasury Gardens.Very cool.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View (4 Adults)

It was peak season just before Christmas so was over priced for the hotel. Common areas are just average and small. Need another reading light in room too dark.

Room was nice and light during the day with park view. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was good. Fine for a one night stay, good location. Easy free tram ride to shops and walked to restaurant.

• Standard King Room - City Side

The room was very standard. Bathroom was small and the lighting was rather dim.

Location was great for the NYE fireworks as it was right opposite the Treasury Gardens and a short walk to Federation Square. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room - City Side

I was booked with the wrong room I clicked into a twin room but got a queen room I didn't check my confirmation email but I KNOW what I clicked Plus payment was taken off my visa straight away instead of payment at arrival as was suppose to happen

Nothing really