Reviews of Metro Inn Ryde 4 stars

860 Victoria Road, Ryde, 2112 Sydney, Australia

#155 of 306 hotels in Sydney

• Queen Room

* the restaurant staff were atrocious and rude - never smiled once and everything was an effort. * had to keep asking for replenishments like teabags, milk, tissues - and it was like asking for an arm to be cut off.

the cost per night was reasonable

• Queen Room

I tried to book for a Fri pm stay at 10 pm on Thu evening. Somehow, the hotel had me down for a Thu stay despite me booking from the Central Coast late evening on Thursday. The staff at the Metro could have rung me to check why I had not checked in. I would have then noticed my error. They didn’t. When I checked in Fri evening, I was asked to pay for another night. This is most ridiculous!

• Family Room

The room was a bit smelly, sign on door said no smoking but it smelt as though someone had been smoking in there :( The shower had no shower jell, so had to use shampoo to wash with as no soap was provided.

Very clean and comfortable. plenty of room in the room, bathroom was nice, easily accessible shower, very clean.

• Queen Room

The bed this time was quite hard & uncomfortable. It took a while to get to sleep. We were also in a room at the front corner, so light & noise were more of a problem than when we have stayed in one of the back rooms.

We have stayed at the Metro several times, and the shower is always excellent, no matter which room we are in.

• Queen Room

The internet didn't work, kept dropping out, and when I told staff at the office they just kept looking at the computer screen and talk about the router, no apology, no how can we make it up to you nothing. They got my money three weeks ago, end of care factor. I will think twice before I book with them again.

The only thing I didn't like was the pillows were to firm for my liking.

The staff were friendly and very helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, We had breakfast in the restaurant every morning , they had a variety of breakfast options to choose from , I would be happy to go back to the Metro Inn in Ryde again.

• Queen Room

The bed was very hard and as a result of sleeping on it two nights, the following days i suffered pain in my lower back.

Nice rooms. Like the balcony views.

the two rooms we booked for our family were very far apart. would have been better if two adjacent rooms were given.

didn't feel like swimming in a pool which seemed was untended for months.

• Queen Room

The location seemed a bit rundown (not the premises itself) on the same note there is a lot of development going on which I’m sure will make the location more desirable in the future

Liked that there was free wifi and the harbour was walking distance.

• Queen Room

acessnto the pool, gate was closed, i had two children and at no stage did anyone tell us how to access the pool, we thought it must have been closed because the gate was locked, until the children went to the counter and asked why the pool was closed

• Deluxe Queen Room

We had a lovely experience here. It was very clean and tidy. Bed was super comfy and GREAT pillows. We had a balcony which was great. The shower was great with great water pressure. The staff were so lovely and welcoming. We did not see one staff member that didn’t greet us or open the door for us. We were very happy and look forward to staying again.

the taps in the shower were a little difficult to turn on and off

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were large providing a very good space for relaxing, the outdoor balcony was an added bonus.

• Queen Room

Couldnt get Foxtel to work. Had to get help from staff who also struggled with it. Missed the NRL game I was desperate to see though!

Bed good. Didn't use dining facilities

• Family Room

We over looked the pool area such was not very nice. The day was hot and I wouldn't allow my children in the pool as it did not look good.

The Ability to get a family room

• Deluxe Queen Room

Dissatisfied with the Restaurant. Food was plentiful but the service was disappointing. My partner was kept waiting for his meal for 20 minutes after mine had been delivered on both occasions that we had our evening meal there. On the second occasion, the incorrect meal was delivered. Could not understand the problem as the restaurant was not even half full.

The motel offered a reasonable degree of comfort and convenience for its proximity to Sydney Olympic Park.

• Queen Room - Boarding House

We were pleasantly surprised with the room in the house. We thought it may be like a lodge room but it was huge light and airy. Really very good. We will ask for that room again.

• Queen Room

Rooms are very dated and previous occupants empty water bottle still on chair on arrival in the room. They also had roadworks going on during the night which made for little sleep. Fortunately I didn't spend much time in the room as was out most of the day, but found the place a bit depressing

The room was a good size and there were laundry facilities for guests

Noisy in the morning from adjoining rooms

Clean and comfortable beds. Clean toilet and shower facilities. Some traffic noise but that was easily blocked out by closing the windows.

• Queen Room

I enquired about transport options to Sydney airport at front desk. Two options were given to me: 1. a private mini bus service, which I contacted by completing trip required on their website 2. local taxi company which they said to best book through hotel, which I did on the basis of the hotel advising an approximate fare of AUD $65. The actual cost was $101.01. The traffic was light and he driver took the quickest route and didn't hang about. Days later when I spoke to friends and other people in Australia, they said why did you not contact Uber - because I didn't know about them and was not told about them by hotel. I wrote to the hotel about the bad advice re taxi fare and asked for a $25 gesture of goodwill, but they were but not interested.

Comfortable room, but no bath - important to my wife

• Queen Room

The room was not cleaned properly each day, rubbish not removed, cups not washed or replaced including towels, one day we had to get towels from the trolley ourselves, milk not replenished

Comfortable beds. Close to Olympic Park and bus stops into the city. Friendly staff. Lots of off street parking in carpark. Good air conditioning and plenty of hot water.

• Deluxe Queen Room

From 5.30 am the rear entry/exit door slammed as people left the motel. We would just doze off again and then it would slam again and wake us. If the door is going to be used from such an early time, they need to lock it back so that guests are not disturbed.

Reasonably priced accommodation, 15 minute drive from the Sydney Olympic precinct where we were attending a concert. Well appointed, comfortable bed, small bathroom with supplied toiletries.

• Queen Room

Wi-Fi was very poor and some times we had none, asked for the Wi-Fi to be looked at but no different Some nights where very noisy. No toaster or microwave meant you couldn't have a snack in your room.

• Queen Room

The staff were helpful from the minute you walked in the door. It is easy to find and get in and out of off Victoria Rd. The room was well presented and perfect and parking is good. I'm happy. Thank you.

Breakfast which is additional was poor. Selection which was limited was not replenished and the coffee machine was out of order. Tables were not tidied with food and plates left on them until staff we're asked to remove and clean them. Unless you were at breakfast early there little left. Give breakfast a miss and eat out.

Location was good for accessing ferry and train. Overall a comfortable motel for the price with on site parking and helpful staff.

• Queen Room

location not ideal - it's on Victoria Rd (meaning some traffic noise) but not near any shops

Comfortable bed and room; coin laundromat; delivered Restaurant food options

• Queen Room

A lack of hygiene in the restaurant was disturbing. Coffee sachets instead of a pot of coffee. The only napkins had been repeatedly handled by staff, which you then had to use. I went and got some clean ones from Macdonalds, along with sugar. Good thing I brought my own coffee mug and spoon. The staff member walking around snorting phlegm from his sinuses loudly was revolting. Beds were hard as a rock, and no hot water over two days. Smell of urine completed the farm yard experience.

A couple of the staff were friendly and professional. Housekeeping were friendly, and given workload did a good job. Management have no idea.

• Queen Room

Felt like the hotel mostly catered just for the Asian tourist market - menu, snack bar etc all geared toward this. Often struggled to get past reception to room with large groups blocking the area.

Great location with parking included. Room & bed comfortable. Laundry facilities

• Queen Room

The bathroom fan was very noisy.

The room was comfortable and clean. The location was good - close to train, bus and ferry. Parking is free and there is a good cafe across the road. Traffic noise wasn't really a problem from our room.

• Queen Room

No 24 hour receptionist. Reception is open only until 10pm, snacks sold are bit pricey, breakfast served doesnt have much variety and the male staff servig breakfast dont even look at you or greet you back.

Room service is good. Shampoos, shaving cream, conditioner and shower gels come in refillable dispenser which is very good compared to other inns.

• Queen Room

The shower kept getting hotter as the shower progressed, WiFi was very slow and gym equipment was out of order and access to the pool area was difficult, curtains had holes in them

I liked the fact that they had a pool and that the room was on ground floor the cleaning staff were helpful. Breakfast option was available price was reasonable

• Queen Room

The rooms are clean and well set out the bed is so comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful... second time we've stayed here now and we will definitely be staying again and recommend this motel for anyone who wants a nice,clean place to stay.

• Queen Room

Very strong musty smell in reception. Wi - Fi extremely poor. Couldn't use pool - leaves etc needed cleaning out of pool.

Beds were very comfortable.

• Queen Room - Boarding House

Great price for a Saturday night. Booked at the last minute but had stayed here before and was happy then too. Our room was situated in a separate building to the motel which was a converted apartment building I think. We had a updated room with a brand new bathroom with the use of a shared kitchen. Will stay here again. Clean and a great price.

• Queen Room

The whole place could do with a good up grade with paint and the bathroom could do with a lot of work too! The bed was so hard that it hurt the hips!!!!! Could have had bigger cups and more milk!

Great it’s near the city ... but that is all.....

• Queen Room

I booked a room for 3 (2 adults and a child). Upon arrival we went to the room and it only had one bed. Went back to reception and I was told that 3 should sleep in the bed -NOT LIKELY!! Reception were really RUDE and when questioned about the booking blamed it on booking.com. Was then informed I could have another room with an extra be but would have to pay $20 extra- which we did. Shower leaked out all over the bathroom floor so had to put towels on the floor to use the toilet. Went to take daughter for a swim and pool looked discoloured and an ear infection in waiting so I did not allow her in.

Beautiful Cafe across the road.

• Queen Room

There was no elevator..and we had a heavy bag, and we could not get a room on ground floor.

The room was very nice...spacious and comfortable. Very good toiletteries package. Good sufficient parking space.

• Queen Room

There were some little things which would have added that extra comfort such as a handheld shower, or provided more safety, such as a rail beside the rear door stairs to the upper floor. I also thought that the grounds especially the garden needed some TLC - although it may be that the pond and fountain are a work in progress. But these are suggestions only. We had no complaints at all with the accommodation or service.

It was very clean, comfortable and suited all my requirements. I found the staff very helpful and pleasant. Easy access from Victoria Road and it was rather noisy during peak hour traffic. A short drive to the Parramatta River enabled a stroll along the river path, enjoying the ambience and harbour views as well as access to a lot of sports fields. Close to all other services. The restaurant provided very generous portions at a reasonable price, and the menu was comparable with the dining rooms of most clubs or well-attended pubs.

• Queen Room

The bed bugs / scabies I contacted while at the property. The 3 bed room when I was alone , the main bed up 2 tiers from the floor , which I tripped on twice . I have been twice to doctors , have 2 lots of pills , 3 lots of ointment, and so far 1 day off work . Also all my clothes ( luggage ) plus my Doona are at the dry cleaners . I will be seeking refund of accommodation, dry cleaning , and doctors/ chemist bills . I travel all over Australia, stay at hotels that suit me at the time , but never , ever expect something like this . Am furious !!!

Nothing !

• Queen Room

The rooms are dated, needs a revamp if they wish to continue to ask premium prices

Hotel is central to all the areas we wanted to visit, Sydney and Southern suburbs. Lcated on busy street, but noise was minimal

The service was very poor in the restaurant , no smiling and food very average, but the gentleman who checked was very friendly and helpful but after the service after that was poor

the checkin

• Queen Room

Stayed in front unit right on Victoria Road. Lots of traffic noise all night, the back units would be much quieter

clean, bed was comfortable, unit was well presented, restaurant seemed OK

• Queen Room - Boarding House

Changed from the room I booked because I didn't like and hadn't realised I'd booked shared accomodation

Hotel room was basic but clean. Restaurant was shut but staff had several takeaway solutions that worked well.

• Queen Room - Boarding House

My son Tibi & I had beautiful dinners there. Laundry was available 24 hrs. Rm 821 was 3 storeys high, carrying luggage on your own would have lost points. 2 Asian gentlemen helped carry them up for me.

• Queen Room

The advertising of the room was in a 'hostel' (next door to the hotel). On the booking form issued by booking .com it includes coffee and tea maker and wi fi. In the morning I could see a kettle but no cups, no water, no glasses, no tea or coffee. When i approached the reception desk I was told " It is all in the kitchen." I was told by receptionist I will have to tell the staff to leave a note in the room. I have no idea of this is new but doesn't look like it. I had little option for the room as all else was booked, as well as other motels locally. The hostel is in a dilapidated house next door. The room I grant was comfortable and well furnished for what it is. However, wi fi was more than slow and couldn't get to google except for a few minutes before collapsing. Wouldn't stay again.

• Queen Room

WiFi wasn't working during my stay. I arrived very late and reception wasn't open after 10pm to ask/let someone know. Not a big deal, but had to tether off my phone instead.

Pillows too hard microwave would have been handy + milk for a cuppa

Great Motel friendly staff excellent value for money. Off road parking, close to Tafe, very clean, water pressure in shower was excellent would stay again if the need arose. Highly recommend.

• Queen Room - Roadside

need some notepaper inside the information folder.Just for jotting notes etc.I know power is costly but because of colour of the rooms the low wattage bulbs give the room a drab dull effect,which they are not in reality. Maybe LEDS ?

I thought the meals were very good and well priced.The room was a great size with stove if needed, large fridge great sized large bed,king or queen,not sure but great size,comfortable,had a great sleep even though my room was facing Victoria Rd,traffic was not a problem.

• Queen Room

Upstairs room (road side)was a little noisy with traffice, would prefer carpark side. No armchair to sit in, if wanting to watch TV

Easy walking distance to the trains

• Queen Room

Wifi didn't work well it kept cutting out, the shower temperature want good, mirror in bathroom was too high so I couldn't even see myself, wasn't given much toilet paper to use

The room was big , with a tv and air con, good location with lots of attraction like train station places to eat around it, friendly staff , lots of parking, I was able to come and go as I pleased using a key to get inside after midnight

• Queen Room

The motel appears to be an older hotel that has been converted by the addition of en-suites to each room. We were accommodated on the second floor at the end of a long passage and as a couple in our early 70s it was rather tiring carrying baggage, etc up the steep stairways to our room. Although the room lacked a toaster and microwave, the staff promptly supplied the former on request. Staff and facilities OK, but nothing exceptional.

Located about 15 minutes walk from nearest railway station and a supermarket.

• Queen Room

That after 10.00 at night you had to go through the back door which had stairs no good for people in wheel chair or walking frame

The size of the rooms very comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room

The overall hotel could do with a make-over and update. Not much has really changed since I last stayed there nearly 30 years ago.

While the motel is nothing extraordinary, for two nights it was more than satisfactory.

• Queen Room

No negatives on our overnight stay.

Room was clean and not overly cramped. Had everything we needed for an overnight stay. The sofa bed was a great size for a 5 year old.

• Queen Room

Shower was weak. Could have been stronger. But nice and hot.

Spacious clean room. Good bathroom. Comfortable, quiet and warm. On main road but not noisy. Good parking and wifi. Good value for money. Bathroom was good with plenty of shampoo, soap, body lotion. Will come again.

• Queen Room

The only minor thing I would complain about is the bathroom is very cold and could use some heating but everything else was fine

Staff were friendly, room was clean and tidy. Food was good. Plenty of parking. Good all round.

• Queen Room

Female Staff member at restaurant was in coherent and pretty hopeless . Rarely was there to assist ...kept disappearing . Bathroom although refurbished was very cramped yet shower was good

Value was OK . Easy check in .

• Queen Room

Didn't like the coffee machine. Would have liked sachets of coffee instead to make the coffee to my liking. Jug of cold water at breakfast would have been nice.

Good value for money. Would stay here again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed is extremely uncomfortable, mattress way too hard (we prefer a firm mattress too!) Bed covers done on the cheap. 'Blanket' between the top sheet and top cover of poor quality and too small for the bed and kept slipping down the bottom. Hence, we had two nights of poor sleep. Decor needs updating, ie get rid of artificial flowers, plastic ugly bed lamps. No elevator for those who don't do stairs. Bathroom partly renovated.

Free parking Location Great shower Price

• Queen Room - Roadside

Staff didn't tell me where the stairs were to get to the room. TV remote needed new batteries.

The plant in my room. The room was large and well appointed.

• Queen Room - Roadside

Adjoining door was behind bedhead and TV from other apartment was audible through the door.

Easy to park, great location, neat and tidy rooms, brand new bathroom.

• Queen Room

The dessert so called butterscotch sauce which accompanied the sticky date pudding was burnt.. The chef continually argued the point for some time. He came out to see us. Another lady sitting next to us also agreed the sauce was burnt. So I changed my dessert menu. He oblidged.

• Queen Room

the menu consisted of sausage and scrambled egg, but the menu said eggs, bacon, tomato etc. plates were dirty, and when I turned the light on in the bathroom at night there were cockroaches everywhere. the verandah door only had a slide bolt and the room I was in had a connecting door to the next room. it was locked but the voices from the other room could be heard clearly.

It was close to where our business conference was held. Short walk to the shopping centre . Being able to use the hotel BBQ to cook made things easy and cheap when travelling with kids .

Value for money for what we required from our accommodation.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Queen Room

More attention to detail in the cleaning department required. Sheets clean but other things lacking. Eg bathroom tiles needed a clean. Rubbish in bin from previous guests.

Great location. No traffic noise from the busy road. Friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Queen Room

The bed was a little wobbly. The breakfast wasn't worth the money at all. sloppy eggs, dry bacon, tin spaghetti, toast and cereal. If it was just free/included in the price of the room I wouldn't complain but not worth the extra $15 each.

The room was a good size and bathroom was clean. Parking was easy. Price was really good too.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nothing much.

Simply awesome. Great Room/ Toilet and are kept so neat and tidy. Rooms do have a luxury feeling, and still the rates fall within our budget. Swimming pool is medium sized, still nice. The property is located some 20kms away from International Airport, but in 10minutes walk a Metro station is located- West Ryde, which makes the travel too easy for us. A restaurant is available inside the propery. Indian/Asian restaurants are available nearby. Supermarkets too. A great location, value for money. For family visits - Totally recommended. My 7 yr old daughter really enjoyed the stay !

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Queen Room

The mould on the bathroom ceiling, no replacement towels on the weekend, no restaurant/room service weekend evenings, the 20 degree sag (sideways) on my side of the bed, slippery floor in the shower

Cheap, close to Homebush

I requested and paid for two additional single beds in one of the rooms, for 6 year old and 9 year old children. When I arrived I checked this had been done and I was told yes, there were two extra beds in the room. There was only one. We were in a hurry to attend a family event that evening so had no time to request they bring another bed. It was very disappointing. It was also noisy - we could hear the television in the next room

The beds were comfortable

• Queen Room

Very helpful staff , even though we were a little late for breakfast nothing was a problem for them. Room very comfortable and location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Family Room

Although new, beds were firmer than we are used to.

Room had new (or near new) carpet, beds and furnishings which was reassuring. Family room was a large size with a table and lounge. Very clean

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Need to clean the tray the tea/coffee cups are on at breakfast. Breakfast tables still had dirty dishes on them at 800am, not a good look when you first walk in. Maybe have customers have a limited menu of cooked items instead of the two chafing dishes serving dried up spaghetti and sausages, plus wouldn't waste so much.

Had restaurant with room service and room was comfortable. Dinner meals are very substantial and good value for money.

The place looks tired & grubby & needs an update. Upon booking I requested a room away from the busy road but my request was ignored.

The bathroom had been renovated.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Had a delux room with large firm comfortable bed, quite room at the back and an open view over to Rhodes. There is no lift. The hallways and room carpets were clean and well looked after.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Queen Room

Would have liked two mugs for tea and coffee! One chair was wobbly! We left a note with the Medina re these picky dislikes. It's always the small things which irritate!

We enjoyed the overall comfort and cleanliness of our room on the first floor. We were in Ryde for a Medical Appointment and stayed 2 nights at the Medina for convenience and price value. Didn't notice traffic noise!