Reviews of Miami Beachside Apartments 3.5 stars

15 Santa Monica Rd, Miami, 4220 Gold Coast, Australia

#83 of 321 Holiday rentals in Gold Coast

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

I wasn’t impressed that I had to pay for a rollaway when I clearly indicated how many people were coming in my search. I assumed the price I originally booked for accommodated the number of guests I indicated in my search

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The outside noises were a pain but that had nothing to do with the property. They clean up early in Queensland

The property was very well kept ,had all the appliances you would want and very comfortable bed.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

We arrived in late, was lied to about the rental car so we were stressed, got to the apartment and it was filthy, dust everywhere, curtains disgusting, lock was broken on balcony sliding door, no privacy thin walls could hear everything, beds were atrocious, springs were sticking up, woke up every morning with bad back, the phone was not working, poor lighting in the lounge, light/fan was not working, tv was not working and batteries in remote were dead, the jug was rusted, feces on the walls in toilets and on a light switch, extra blankets in the wardrobe were not washed, broken dining chair, kitchen wasn't too bad, only 1 towel each for the 8 days. Also a sewage smell coming from the pipes in bed room bathroom. Never been over seas before, didn't know what to expect from a 3 star, guess thats on us, but still. It's as if they don't have cleaners at all (In fact we never saw any) We normally are not people to complain, but this was just awful. Pictures are deceiving.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

A couple of plates and mugs hadn't been cleaned (suspected just rinsed). Dining table top had to much movement. Shower floors both very slippery and didn't improve over time. These things are small and can be fixed easily.

So quiet. Spacious,lots of seating,very comfortable beds,big bedrooms,well equipped kitchen and laundry,very secure,we felt safe. Very homely feel,we didn't feel closed in with other buildings next door or across the road. Great secure parking. Climbing stairs was a bonus,we were well excersised.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Some areas were dated and needed some repair, but still comfortable and clean

We found the staff friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean even though some aspects were a bit dated. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was not a lot of sun in the apartment at the time of year we went, but it wasn't a problem as pool area got lots of sun

Apartment was generously sized, clean and well appointed. It had everything you need for a comfortable stay and was close to the beach and walking distance to shops, public transport and restaurants.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

There wasn’t enough tea towels. But the Coles was close by so we brought some.

The beds were super comfy, staff were friendly and helped with everything. It is literally walking distance to the beach which we weren’t expecting and super close drive to all the theme parks.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Microwave old and not working properly, single beds on wheels with tiled floor moved around a lot and caused boy child to fall out of bed during the night, no exhaust fans in bathrooms.

Easy check in, great area, very good apartments fully stocked and furnished with everything we needed, a true home away from home.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was extremely expensive alot more than actually quoted on book.com & over all cleaniness was quite poor

They charged me more than i was quoted on booking.com & it was not clean or like described. Over all pretty disappointed given the cost i ended up having to pay

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bathroom a little dated and in need of upgrade. No free wifi and mobile phone access bad when inside apartment.

Ground amenities clean and great for groups. Ground floor apartment perfect for elderly and courtyard great. Good location to beach and close to Broadbeach shopping hub.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

For a superior apartment the bed was very uncomfortable and not plush at all!

Very clean bbq area and the Palm trees really added to the holiday atmosphere we selected a superior apartment which was very nice and modern

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bed was too soft for me and hurt my back and the room could have been cleaner as there were splash marks on a lounge room wall, but most things were fine. No microwave was a surprise and interesting.

Loved the location and the quietness. The pool was a perfect temp and the heated spa a treat. Loved full foxtel access too and the included free WiFi was perfect. The closeness to the beach and Pacific Fair was awesome.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The clothes drier malfunctioned. I believe it was unsafe. The stuffy odour in the hallways.

The location was good easy access to public transport. The beach was nice. Pool and BBQ area enjoyable. The staff were helpful.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Car park/basement door system. No lift. Was charged twice for my stay on my visa card. Refund was a few dollars less than actual payment.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

We were missing the extra bed when we arrived, the toilet wasn’t flushing properly. And it was a bit dusty which was not good for my allergies. The lounges could do with a clean they had a stench to them. And the fridge was not working properly so our meat was off and our drinks were not cold enough.

Close to the beach, only 5 mins! Staff were friendly.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Far from restaurants and clubs The policy about the extra beds is not clear

Nice pool and BBQ area Safe private parking space Spacious flat Kitchen fully equipped Very close to the beach

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed four nights in a three bedroom apartment, the place is new with all the comfort. The rooms were big enough and we had a beautiful front yeard where the children could play safley. The appartment was 2 minutes walking from the beach and 10 minutes driving from the CBD in Gold coast. We will definetely come back!

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

No check-in which I can deal with, but difficult to get hold of anyone if you need anything i.e we needed a new light bulb in the bathroom. This is not a con for everyone, but its located in the suburbs

Great pool and jacuzzi. Large apartment and super comfortable beds

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

No door on the shower in the main bathroom and the Foxtel wasn’t working properly

Loved the locstion, short walk along the beach and lookout that you can see for miles.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment could have been cleaner. My shower pretty much dribbled out water. Not having a car and with the rain it was a bit out of the way in regards to shops/cafes. No free WiFi

Relatively quiet, nice looking property outside

Nothing at all

Very good location near the beach but very quiet as well. Lovely pool and spar a real little oasis. The apartment was modern and very well equipped lots of brand new appliances.

I have nothing negative

My bed and pillow were excellent. great shower. I had friends & small children visit so we enjoyed the pool and hot tub, awesome! Very happy will all aspects of my stay. Value for money, and when needed the Reception staff were very approachable & helpful.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

It’s abit downgrade and need to have better clean like the bath room & toilet! And also the sofa it’s very old :(

I like the garden & the location of the apartment. the bed were comfortable & the extra bed!

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Mary at the front desk was exceptional , the room was beautiful and clean and had plenty of room for our family , loved the area beach being within walking distance would come back again 😀

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing, some apartments a little dated, decor wise.

Spacious apartments great pool and barbeque area. Staff, especially Mairy excelled,when I accidentally booked two rooms, instead of one. Issue sorted and free cancellation. Kids aged 4 and 7 had a fantastic time in the pool. Miami Beach across the road. A wonderful place to stay.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The walls, some dishes and cutlery draws were dirty. Toilet didn't flush properly and when it did you had to wait at least 5 minutes to flush again.

We were next to the pool and spa.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Fridge wasn’t working and there was no doonas

The room we stayed is was amazing. I thought they gave us the wrong room because of the value. Walking to the beach is 2mins. I have stayed here 3times and will stay again

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Staff fantastic and the location was perfect just a few steps to the beach. Very secure and quiet complex. The pool area was lovely, plenty of deck chairs

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not enough washing detergent for dishes n laundry for 5 nights stay. The bedrooms aren’t air conditioned. Knives are not sharpened hence it is very difficult to cut things. There is no scissors provided . I had to use a blunt knife to cut the packet detergent and suffered a cut on my thumb.

Location and cleanliness

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The apartment (no. 42) was very well appointed, with modern furnishings. It felt quite private as well. The patrolled beach was within easy walking distance. A short drive to Burleigh Heads where there are many restaurants and cafes.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment 42 was very spacious with a big kitchen, two bathrooms, excellent accommodation. Undercover parking made it so easy. Will definitely be back again to stay.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

We arrived at 7 pm on Friday and our room wasn’t made up. Used towels in the bathtub, insects in kitchen, used bedsheets still on the beds. Overall poor housekeeping. When I notified reception they hung up on me. The groundskeeper helped me get another room.

Location Groundskeeper was very helpful

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing we didn't like at all

It was the best place we've ever stayed at in the Gold Coast, couldn't be happier. Friendly staff, clean environment, comfortable spacious rooms, and a great location being close to the beach. Pool and spa was also wonderful.

rooms a bit tired

Staff, location and the general layout a were great. The décor is dated and could have been cleaner, not to say anything was dirty it just has a tired feel to it, curtains hanging off rails, older furniture. Notwithstanding we had a pleasant stay the staff were very warm and helpful. very good value

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Great value for money for a family! Loved the pool and the grounds are just beautiful to wake up to!! Staff are lovely even helped me out when I was in need of a trip to the hospital :) my children had the best time here and will remember it for a lifetime! Great memories made! We would defiantly love to come back one day :)

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was fully self contained. I would not have needed to bring a thing it was all provided. Even down to serving trays for dips and biscuits. I was impressed.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Only found three cafes/restaurants within 15 mins walk. We did not have transport so would need to use public transport to get anywhere. We really needed a vehicle to make the most of this location, which was just a little to far from shops.

Beds comfortable and bedroom spacious. Two bedroom apartment, we only needed one but the second was useful for our clothes etc. Fans in bedrooms and sitting area with Air-con/Heating in main area. Nice small balcony to relax on. Good kitchen and facilities. Clean. Walking distance to the beach plus a swimming pool and well maintained BBQs.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

HDMI cable missing between TV and DVD player. I had to buy my own for the kids to watch movies.

Good accomodation at a great price. Clean and tidy apartment and facilities.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

I arrived out of office hours and in the dark. The instructions on use of keys could have been more detailed. Once I had got into the carpark and unpacked, I needed to go out to buy some food but couldn't find how to get out. A large sign indicating where to use the key to exit would be handy.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms need a complete update. The balcony doors were very hard to open, the shower was like a dripping tap and had to be changed while we were there, the curtains need a clean, the carpet is old and worn, the rooms smelt, the bed is old and worn out, the internet was turned off after 2 days and I had to chase it up for reconnection and even though we were offered a different room the bottom rooms aren't as private as the pictures on the internet show. Too many stairs to climb with heavy luggage so I wouldn't stay here again. One thing I should have done is read the fine print as the receptionist told us to do.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

We loved the space and the beds were super comfy and the location is perfect. Quietest place I have stayed on the Gold Coast! I have already told lots of friends and family how great it was and hope that we can return.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

It serve our purpose family visit very well. We had a young child in well chair with broken leg & we were on the ground floor it was the best for us him.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

One of our 2 units was definitely a higher standard than the other one.

The manager came in his personal car to help us when we had a car accident on the way to the accommodation from the airport. He transported our luggage for us while we waited for the tow truck. Thank you! The staff were friendly and helpful, the Wi-Fi was great. We had 2 units and plenty of room. We also liked the pool and close proximity to the beach and play area.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The staff getting management saying we left our baby asleep on balcony and went out when we were inside and overheard them talking and how to come outside to see what the problem was with your staff

The apartment

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

A little dated, could use a refurbishment to bring up to date.

Location is great,only 100 meters to the beach and really nice pool and bbq facilities.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The staff were non existent. We waited 2 hours to book in . The manager wouldn't answer phones. It was a resident that finally helped out. We weren't even given a call by the manager after leaving numerous messages.

Price, location, quiet and spacious

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Let me think....NONE, couldn't think of anything major.

Everything about it especially the location, security, parking and free Wifi. We really enjoyed every minute of our stay, didn't want to leave. We seriously thought of extending our stay. My family from Japan, The Philippines and USA were so impressed that you'll be highly recommended. And Maria ( I hope it's her name from memory) the receptionist, enough said..she's just so lovely, an icon! She made everything so much easier for us. Thank you for your great service and friendliness. Thank you Booking.com and Miami Beachside Apartments..you've certainly got my business and we'll be back!

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Very little staff contact, limited office hours during our stay. It was a bit daunting finding no one on site when we arrived. Fortunately the phone conatct details worked and the manager was able to sort out our keys etc which had been left in a lock box.

bed was excellent. all facilities were very good and exceeded our expectations from photos viewed on line.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

room service only once during tens days. and Not completely sure of the expectation of house work on our departure.

the fully facilitated unit. Garden and bbq area was fantasitc. Close to Miami beach and buses.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location wasn't great. Nothing easy to get to on foot. Had to order in which was disappointing. No supermarkets close by either.

The pool was great. Beds comfy. Good size.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

No TV in bedroom! Room a little run down eg tile fallen off bathroom wall; sliding doors/roller blinds difficult to open/close.

Close to the venue I was attending. My first choice booking at another venue was cancelled without reason and I was offered Miami instead - so glad I was offered it and accepted!

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Unit 24 was quite dirty could do with a good clean and some updating, I had to wash everything before I used it including the Kitchen drawers where all the Cutlery and Cooking Utensils were. Unfortunately there was no products to clean the bathrooms and toilets. The Safe was broken so this could not be used. Mold on the Curtains in the Bedrooms with no privacy Curtains on the windows in the Bedrooms so people from across the street could see straight in. The price of the Pool towels @ $5.00 each to rent was a bit too high considering you only got one towel per person for the 5 nights stay. WIFI very expensive. Even though I had to clean before I could start my "stay" I would book for a stay here at Beachside Holiday Apartments again.

The Location to Gold Coast, The surrounds are Beautiful Tropical Gardens... The reception staff were so friendly. The Pool and the Hot Tub was so relaxing. The area is quiet, easy to get to anywhere. The beach literally just down the road a 2 minute walk. Awesome Covered BBQ area Secure underground parking The apartment is a good size for a family of 4 with a washing machine also a dryer in the apartment. Bonus of an ensuite with the Master Bedroom. Definitely comfortable for a holiday where you mainly use the apartment at night Even though I had to clean before I could start my "stay" I would book for a stay here at Beachside Holiday Apartments again.

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

No close convenience store to walk to. But short drive to fruit market/small supermarket. Quite a few stairs up from car basement to carry all luggage. Better to park out front & take through lobby, across courtyard- & then up fewer stairs. Could do with couple sets of plastic plates, cups for younger children.

Generally comfy. Clean.light. 2 bedroom apartment worked well for family of three + grandparents! Trolley bed brought up. Ensuite for main bathroom.+ Generous 2nd bathroom/laundry . Aircon good - remote control fans in bedrooms....convenient to pool & hot outdoor spa. Great courtyard outlook from balcony. Bbq shed used for wider family celebration lunch.short walk to beach.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Unfortunately aircon did not penetrate to bedrooms when it was one the hottest weeks Fan in second bedroom was faulty and made too much noise to be able to use TV in bedroom did not work

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Loved the dishwasher, loved the apartment, Pool was beautiful and very clean, Spa was nice but to hot for me. Had ground floor apartment, little quaint patio off the main bedroom. Nice area to sit outside from the lounge room and extra bonus having the pool 2mtrs away.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Cleanliness was terrible.cuttlery was dirty.lounges small.beds uncomfortable.toilets disgusting. Fans turned on and off by themselves.rooms very hot couldn't sleep.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Window in main bed room locked, could not open it. Fans in sleeping rooms too noisy U32

Very nice place to stay. Great location My kids loved the pool. Will come back for sure again

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Reception staff could have been a bit more friendlier but overall very efficient service

Beautiful tropical setting, great pool and close to the beach. The two bedroom appartment was very comfortable and living areas spacious!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Could do with another air-con unit to cool bedrooms. Bunk beds would be better to cater for large families.

Overall, we were very happy and comfortable with our stay here.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

That the apartment isn't fully air conditioned only the lounge room is and the accommodation on booking.com said air conditioned so we were under the impression it was fully air conditioned it was hot at this time of the year!

Very spacious and great facilities

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Some dirty cutlery was in the draw.so we're some wet plates and glasses in the cupboard.

The bed was really comfortable and we slept the best out of all the hotels we have ever stayed in due to no traffic noise.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

TV broke down Essential items like toilet paper and dishwashing liquid should be in a cupboard in the room Need more info on local restaurants, family activities and leisure

Location and quiet surrounding

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

The stairs , single beds were to hard , old washing machine took forever to do laundry , there was something sticking up out of the carpet between kitchen dining

Location was good nice and quite, nice cosy apartment ,spacious ,big TV foxtel

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Beds need replacing in the unit we stayed in. Very uncomfortable which was a shame as we thought everything else was fine.

Overall apartment was spacious and clean. Staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

No resupply of toiletries and toilet paper,we purchased our own which is not an issue but,a pre warning would have been nice as we ran out. I did not like the fact we had to leave and come home.

The pool and grounds were immaculate. The apartment had everything we needed and more,literally a home away from home. There were kids play things in the cupboard and even beach toys,little things that we forgot to bring. The location is awesome for everything,easy drive to theme parks and close by to any shop you could need.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

I arrived by myself with my baby unaware there was no lifts and lots of stairs. It was very difficult for me to carry all my bags to my room with my baby. The only solution that staff offered was to park on the street and carry my belongings in although I still had to go up stairs so it was pointless

I loved the location so close to the beach and just a short drive to the shops. The heated pool and spa were lovely and everywhere was very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

My unit had very noisy plumbing in the ensuit. Like the toilet didn't flush properly with continuous running water, the shower was very temperamental and the basin faucet was very noisy if I didn't open the valve completely open. Apart from that it was an awesome place to stay. Would do it again.

I liked the location and facilities overal. My kids wanted to live there. 😆

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The pressure in the showers were very weak and so not enjoyable.

Very quiet and calming. Great rooms and enough space. I liked the security it offered also. Very close to the beach but had a nice pool.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had a little trouble with the TV set however the manager was quick to come and adjust.

1 .Position 2. Catered well for my young family. 3. Manager offered late check out. 4.We enjoyed our stay so much the family has booked 3 rooms next March 2017

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had issues with the after hours check in telephone not working! I had to call 1300 number from my mobile to gain access to my room key.

Spacious, clean and very comfortable...

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

There is no Lift for elderly and there is No shops close by , but by car or bus it's not far .

everything about the apartment was very good and clean , the Pool area was great

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bedroom light didn't work, toilets were not stuck down they both moved at base, you will have to go shopping to buy dishwashing liquid and dishwasher tablets as only supply a days worth when your staying for 5 nights (and your supposed to do dishes before checking out) never got welcomed to stay or met staff at all over our trip and trying to book in by phone was a nightmare - there was a couple of different holiday makers there trying to use their phone after 2 which took numerous calls to get through. Couldn't use car park as the height is to low for a 4wd

Congrats to the Cleaners they do a great job and had the apartment looking good, a lot of appliances to use which made things easier and cheaper to holiday. Not to far to travel to theme parks and attractions. Foxtel was a bonus as we could pick a good movie at the end of a long day to unwind

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

You have to pay for wifi and it's very expensive. A lot of budget places give free wifi. This should be free and not charged.

Staff very nice, great location and very clean apartment. Loved it!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing really just a dripping tap in the ensuite shower. Having to pay for wifi.

The unit was very clean and comfortable. The staff were fantastic, phoning and booking a taxi for the airport and booking us into our flight. Enjoyed every moment.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Partying late at night across the street.

Ground floor location. Street access. Courtyard.