Accommodations Flights Flight + Hotel Car Rentals Tours & Activities Airport Taxis

View vacation packages to

2. Australia hotel reviews
  3. Victoria hotel reviews
  4. Wodonga hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Motel Wellington Wodonga

Reviews of Motel Wellington Wodonga This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

46 High St, 3690 Wodonga, Australia

#14 of 16 hotels in Wodonga

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 15, 2019

A good comfortable place to stay. A great price,
    • Budget Double Room

We had our own food, and everything we needed as far as toaster crockery kettle microwave was there. When jug did not work it was instantly replaced. Also had detergent,cloth and tea towel.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2019

Rooms are good for the money you pay for it
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff the is non it's all on auto you don't even see any staff when booking in you interact with a machine that gives you a key when you pay for your room by credit card only so if you are paying by cash that option isn't there at all No friendly face to talk to at all

Rooms are good for the money you pay for it Parking is good

• Reviewed: October 29, 2019

The self check-in worked perfectly, and the motel was...
    • Standard Twin Room

Being pendantic. The aircon and fridge were a little noisy. Needed a sign in the room, or a note on the receipt about what to do with the key for checkout.

The self check-in worked perfectly, and the motel was exactly what it purported to be. A neat, tidy room, with a comfortable bed for a great price. As a room to transit through it was perfect. Being in the main road made it easy to find and it wasn't far off the Hume Highway. There's also a cafe next door and a fuel station across the road, which made getting going in the morning super easy.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2019

Easy check in.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The air con could be upgraded but they provide heated blankets, so that makes up for it.

Easy check in. Loved the self check in system. Wished more motels did the same thing. So convenient. The room was spacious. Well equipped. The bed was comfy. The pillow is sooo fluffy.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2019

Overall a neat and tidy little room.
    • Standard Triple Room

The carpet needs a very good clean or replaced. The air conditioning unit needs a good clean filters dirty. Bathroom tidy however the floor and shower floor could do with a very good scrub.

Overall a neat and tidy little room. You get what you pay for. Microwave in the room which is a bonus. Beds are clean and comfortable. Staff very accommodating and friendly.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2019

The room and furnishings were very neat and clean and well...
    • Budget Double Room

I am not a fan of security boxes in lieu of a reception, however the reception was staffed when I arrived

The room and furnishings were very neat and clean and well equipped with what I needed.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2019

Great value for money, I would stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

Smoking areas just outside the doors of the units.... we as non smokers had to keep our windows closed.

Automated check in, just put in your password, swipe your card and the key is dispensed. The room was lovely and clean, it is everything that we wanted for a quick overnight stay.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2019

I would stay there again.
    • Family Room

n/a

It was a freezing winter night. we had three teenage grandsons with us and the heater was turned on when we got into our room. The family double room was very spacious and adequate for our needs.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2019

Compfy
    • Budget Double Room

All was good and I likes it all.

Location was good as it was close to my work. Easy to get to motel. It was quiet which was good. No issues. Staff very helpful. Room was clean and met my needs. Ample parking for work vehicle to get in and out of.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2019

Great value for money
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was no fan in the bathroom.

Fully automated but very easy check in and out. Great price. Room large and spacious. Electric blankets. Microwave, kettle and TV. Our room had a couch as well. Table and chairs out the front for smoker's. Decent sized milk for your coffee.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2019

It was easy to stay here commute to Melboune and back the same day and be on my way home the next.
    • Budget Double Room

It was what I needed so nothing else needed.

24 hour check in. The fact I could use a code to get my key and could drop the key off on my way out. The hot shower. The room size.. The quietness. The no frills basics. Plenty of bench space and chairs.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2019

Great value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel doesn’t look too appealing from the outside however rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. We arrived in freezing weather and staff had put electric blankets on for us. There is no reception however check in information was clear and easy. Would definitely recommend

• Reviewed: July 11, 2019

Tarriff is cheap and there was a toaster so I could make my...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

When I rang the number sent to me (to enquire about a hair dryer), I was directed to ask one of the cleaning staff but I could not see anyone and did not have their number. The booking site said hairdryer available. The bathroom door wouldn't close because the catch wasn't working.

Tarriff is cheap and there was a toaster so I could make my own breakfast. Room was large with a couch, table and 2 chairs as well as the usual amenities.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2019

Affordable accommodation

Mattress Shower

Mattress could be softer and shower bigger, Not a big fan of kiosk book in. Good area, close to shops etc. Quiet at night. Café next door sells lovely coffee. Room clean.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

It was everything that we expected and needed, for an affordable price. Thanks!
    • Standard Twin Room

There was nothing to dislike.

It was perfect for an overnight stay. The location suited our needs, and the room provided us with the comfort we needed. The lady was friendly on arrival and offered any help if we needed it. Very happy!!

• Reviewed: May 19, 2019

Very good accommodation. Great shower very quiet very close to Main Street and lots of restaurants.
    • Budget Double Room

I cannot fault this accommodation

I loved the fact you could arrive at your own time. That you got text sent to you and it was very easy to check in very close to everything you could want. The shower was amazing.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2019

Good location for me.
    • Budget Double Room

Could not get WiFi. Very noisy and cigarette smell in rooms.

Good location for me. Lady that came in Monday night re WiFi was very pleasant even though WiFi not worked out. I believe it was probably value for money but would not stay again.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2019

• Deluxe Queen Room

Well where do I start? First the we wanted to pay cash but that was not even an option. Then when we got to room 14 the shower was leaking for every witch way and would not stay up. Then I went to get in to bed and found blood on the sheets. As I am ring the number I see a insect in the room. Once I got throw to a person that did not even want to get me another room. But when he did that room was just as bad with mould on the pillows. The double bed has stains witch mead me and my partner sleep in different single beds for the night. All in all not worth the 89$ we paid for it

• Reviewed: April 28, 2019

When I was looking for a straightforward good nights sleep it filled the brief.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Unless I am misled I am reluctant to criticise So I would say there wasn’t anything I didn’t like The decor is not currently in vogue to create a contemporary style that’s romantically captivating but it never purported to be anything other than clean and functional which it was all of that in a 70’s kind of way

The room was utilitarian and the bed was comfortable Good hot shower Value for money with a electronic checkin system that was very practical The room full filled it’s brief.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

The ease of check-in was great and the cafe (Bean St) next...
    • Standard Twin Room

It can be noisy with hearing people in the next room and the shower didn't have the best pressure.

The ease of check-in was great and the cafe (Bean St) next door is perfect for breakfast before checkout.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

ok
    • Standard Twin Room

Door handle fell off in my hands. Lucky I hadn't closed the door and trapped in bathroom. No staff to contact as Reception was all done remotely.

Just a room, reasonable price.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

It was perfect for a drive in motel, for an overnight stay.

It was perfect for a drive in motel, for an overnight stay. The reception staff were to helpful and friendly. It was simple clean quiet and check in was easy!

• Reviewed: April 10, 2019

Good facilities, but hard to block out outside noise.
    • Budget Double Room

The windows were stiff and difficult to close, causing the shower curtain to blow into the shower and try to stick to you. The shower curtain also resulted in water everywhere.

Large room with good number of towels and amenities in general. Very clean and good number of pillows and blankets, tv reception was good.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2019

Very convenient self check-in and good location
    • Standard Triple Room

Nothing really. We were only there overnight, but all was fine.

We were just staying overnight. The motel is located very conveniently (but not too close) to the Freeway. The self check-in is really easy to use and convenient. Plenty of parking right out the front. Unit was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

Property was exactly what we required.
    • Standard Twin Room

Next door car yard whilst good for giving extra space to sneak a overnight car park for my trailer do leave there big spot lights on all night. Curtains do fix that problem though and the light does add security I suppose. Other than that all good.

Property was exactly what we required. Clean, comfortable and convenient. Good parking also.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

Great will stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

I have a cleaning business so I’m very bad OCD but overall cleanliness was great but only thing I could fault is grout in shower needs bleach or even liquid chlorine I use selleys 3 min bleach awesome products but thanks again

The booking system how we got there late and could get into the room few times else where I couldn’t access room not through this website and never a refund

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Affordable but not that comfortable
    • Budget Double Room

The bed was hard as rocks and the pillows were too soft. The self serve check in is very impersonable and did not work as I’d prepaid and my payment had not been put through so the self serve would not give me a key.

It was a nice room for the price which was affordable.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2019

Great location, great price!

Not much!

Great location, great price! The motel was very clean and comfortable. I wouldn’t stay there just to hang out in the room, but it would be great for people just stopping in for the night or for a few days. Has everything you want and is good value. Very easy self check in as well.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2019

The Motel is great value for money and provides what it promises. I'll stay there again...
    • Standard Twin Room

Some of the rowdy guests late at night/early hours of the morning were a bit hard to take...

Its the perfect location for what I need when I visit the area.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Clean, comfortable and good for a stay.

Just a bit old.

There was dishes to use for your own food., bowls, plates and cutlery. Staff friendly and helpful. Beds comfortable. Close to supermarket.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

Average motel stay ruined by the behaviour of other guests
    • Standard Twin Room

Barely a wink of sleep, due to other residents shouting and fighting from after midnight until finally squashed by management 0430 approx. The unmanned reception must surely be a big factor in allowing such situations. It may have been an isolated incident, but I could definitely not contemplate staying there again or recommending it to others.

Motel itself was fine, BUT ...

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Very little.
    • Budget Double Room

Old air conditioner that roared like a jumbo jet all night. Old fittings. Motel is essentially located in a car yard (not kidding).

Very little. The bedding was clean.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Motel Wellington is clean, comfortable & excellent value; I recommend it without hesitation.
    • Budget Double Room

I can't fault this motel...

Our room smelled fresh and was immaculately clean. The bed and pillows were very comfy and, again, scrupulously clean. Coffee, tea, sugar, hot choc, shortbreads, & milk were waiting for us and there was also a toaster & microwave in the room. The motel is an older building & in some ways tired but we wanted for nothing, have been recommending it to anyone who'll listen. I didn't know what to expect from the electronic kiosk but check-in was super-easy and text messages on the day (both before & after check-in) provided all the info we needed. Cleaning staff were on-site when we arrived and again in the morning and they were friendly & helpful. Overall, we can't fault our stay at Motel Wellington; it was brilliant and excellent value for money. We intend staying again on our next visit to Wodonga.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Convenient and practical!
    • Budget Double Room

Air con was rather noisy. Car parking (we were at the far end) seemed to have one less space than rooms, so we appeared to be using someone else's space.

Although basic, the room had everything we needed. There was tea/coffee facilities with biscuits, good towels and hot water supply, toiletries, comfortable bed and air conditioning. We booked at the last minute, online with no hassle.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

This motel and booking.com should sort out new facilites list..
    • Standard Twin Room

It said it was wheel chair friendly and it was not. When bought up to management they said there web site does not have that it is wheel chair friendly room. I showed them our booking where it said wheel chair friendly. They left our room to return with there ipad showing there web site, it did not have any thing about being wheel chair friendly, the lady was so appolgetic about it not being wheel chair friendly ( I must point out that my dad is not in a wheel chair but has a really bad leg that he can not walk on very well, and has trouble with steps) In the end they said that you booking.com must have just added it to website. So all in all if you are in a wheel chair this is not the place for you.. Also very noisy in morning, as there is a car yard right next door with no fence in between and the also do services so there was mechinc tools going cars tooting horns every time tfe movea a car. Also no privacy as there is no fence in berween motel and car yard,

Ease if checkin with the elcerronic checkin system. How appologetic staff was when a issue was bought up about room. how close shops where in relation to this motel. Also

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Pleasant
    • Standard Twin Room

the large concrete area outside the rooms - no shade for the cars , and not pleasant to sit outside the room . ok think some pot plants would make a huge difference 😊

the 24 hour check-in the EXCELLENT value for money the microwave oven the large size of the room

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

There was no stay but yas happily still took my money
    • Budget Double Room

Couldn't get a key so pretty much paid but never got to stay

Nothing my booking was a joke I couldn't get my key and then got charged for a room I couldn't get would like a refund on my money not happy

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

The beds are comfy and the receptionist girl when we arrive was helpful, we had good rest and sleep
    • Budget Double Room

I dnt like the blind the light from the outside it makes the light room bright because of the gap, we fiund two cockroaches inside the room .

The beds are very comfortable, the basic necessities like microwave to heat the food and quite.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

The facility was clean and tidy and easy to access.
    • Budget Double Room

The lack of staff . No one present to assist in booking in. The automated booking system is just plain awful. Ok maybe for people who are very familiar with dealing with computerised systems, but after a long day travelling and with a desperate family situation the last thing anyone needs is to deal with a frustrating machine. Please bring back people It was not only us who felt this way. The people who had booked in just before us found the system equally frustrating. Because of this we probably would not stay there again.

The facility was clean and tidy and easy to access. The room was comfortable and had all that we required.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Very happy.
    • Budget Double Room

Nothing really, building very tired, but clean. Office not very welcoming (not the staff) the office its self.

We arrived earlier than expected, the lovely lady cleaning the units went out of her way to change our room so we could settle in.This made our stay far more comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

It is basic comfortable enough accommodation for overnite...
    • Standard Twin Room

Need to have facilities and rooms upgrade and change the AC.. very noisy and had to be switch off bfr we slept

It is basic comfortable enough accommodation for overnite stay. The 24 hours check in system machine is very convenient. Motel is located conveniently close to Wodonga city centre.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Clean and tidy with reasonable facilities
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Not much to dislike when only paying $100/night. Just standard things for cheap accom - bed was hard and shower needed a good bleach but nothing else really bothered us.

Clean and tidy with reasonable facilities Quiet at night Didn’t meet any staff as we used the check in kiosk so I can’t comment on that. Everything was fine for one night accom

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

It was a very quick overnight stay, but the electronic...
    • Standard Triple Room

It was a very quick overnight stay, but the electronic 24-hour check-in was very easy to use and convenient given we arrived after midnight. Electric blankets on the beds was a nice touch given it was the middle of winter!

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

For the price I paid for the room, it was fair. But I don’t think I’ll be coming back.
    • Budget Double Room

Pillows were too soft and the mattress was too hard. The heater was too noisy, every time it reached the desired temperature it would switch off then about 5 minutes later it would switch back on making a loud noise. Also the time from check in to check out, I never saw a single staff member that worked there.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Warm, comfy, convenient and well priced.
    • Budget Double Room

The numbers on the car spaces were worn away so someone kept parking in my spot and one night I had to park across the lot with the vehicles that were for sale from the car lot.

Everything was lovely and so accessible to the town.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Difficulty in accessing key from the box for the room.
    • Budget Double Room

Difficulty in accessing key from the box for the room. Had to contact staff who were courteous and gave generous assistance. I was thinking glad not extremely cold as I was delayed 15 minutes from arrival to getting access to room.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Can only repeat .. very clean, comfortable,QUIET, centrally located accommodation at a great price.
    • Budget Double Room

Third stayover at this motel in recent months. Very clean, comfortable and centrally located , QUIET at a good price. Even my wife was happy so that is a good sign.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Not happy
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The auto check in didn’t work and when we finally got it to give us rooms I was charged incorrectly. There was no effective heating in my room and the room was not clean, including dirty towels in the bathroom.

The wifi was good. The bed was okay and the room is large

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Great place to stay overnight.

Check in was unmanned but excellent instructions made it straightforward. Room was lovely and clean and bed was so comfortable with crisp white sheets! Excellent value for money. Fantastic cafe next door in heritage building with delicious coffee.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Never again
    • Standard Twin Room

The room smelt, the shower was abosulty ridiculous, the sheets where not clean, it’s time you replace your mattress and pillows as well, all three of us had terrible sleeps. I was bitten by a bee inside one of your rooms as the bee was wrapped inside one of the towels. The person on the front desk was so rude he didn’t even make eye contact with us when we tried to check in he wouldn’t even acknowledge us he was on the phone the entire time. We had to leave and book in outside because he had no interest in even telling us he would be a few minutes.

The conscience of the location possibly

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Room was okay for what we needed
    • Standard Triple Room

No personal service and we only had the 2 of us in a family room but no reception to discus this with. Lack of water pressure and enough hot water for a good shower

Rooms were clean with a few cob webs in the bathroom and robe

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Never Stay Here
    • Budget Double Room

The guests in 18. Would not stop talking until 1.30am. Got sick of asking at midnight. Someone hitting rocks over the fence from 10 to 11.30

On the main street

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Apart from the confusion on arrival, our stay was good.
    • Budget Double Room

Although I had been advised by several text messages of our confirmation and room number, on arrival there was no person in the office, and a notice on the door advised me to "check in at the kiosk to the left." After several minutes searching, another guest pointed out that "the kiosk" is actually a machine on the wall not unlike an ATM. After typing in your details and swiping your credit card the machine issues a key. For the rest of our two day stay I encountered no staff, you just drop your key in a box when leaving.

I would class this as a budget Motel, and as such it is good value for money. We felt secure, as the external areas are well lit at all hours after dark. The bed was very comfortable, and all the necessities were there.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

6.0
    Frustrated for a start but most comforts ok.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Was confused with the kiosk, to most people it usually sells food, needs clearer instructions on paper so it is easier to comprehend. Had to ask another couple how they managed to get their key. Bed lights unsatisfactory . Could’nt get one to work and the other difficlult to switch on and off. Cupboard draw and doors difficult to open,needed some handles. Only one coffee mug for two people.

Cleanliness, room comfort ok

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

well it served the purpose
    • Budget Double Room

seeing there was no catering at the motel it would have been nice to find places to eat within walking distance

Other than the price there was nothing special about the place

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Fair stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything in the room is really old ins and bugs everywhere. It is hard to ignore them... I’m super worry about they are going to climb on me when I’m sleep. The aircon is noisy and not powerful. The wall of the room is thin as I can hear the noise from neibours at night. Also the windows are directly to the lights. It is hard to sleep at night.

I guess I’m lucky to find a room when it is close to Easter. The location is convenient really close to high way. It is in the middle of the Mel and Sydney. Perfect for a night stay and a good break for a long trip. There are shops close by which is a good plus.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Very clean, cheap and good position.
    • Budget Double Room

Had to have the extremely loud A.C. on all night, as there was no windows able to be opened or a ceiling fan. Bed was very hard.

Very clean, cheap and good position.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

I'd stay there again for work.
    • Standard Twin Room

There were a few ants crawling around which made you be careful where you placed your food

The room was simple but had all that I wanted. Clean bed, good shower, good air conditioning.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

It was ok for an overnight stay.
    • Standard Triple Room

The room was a lot smaller than what I expected.

It was clean and in town. All shops and facilities were within an easy walk. The room was cheap and suitable for an overnight stay for 4 adults.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Bedding
    • Standard Triple Room

Noisey old style RC Airconditioning, dusty bathroom ledge, missing power point cover plate, faulty central flouro light which fickers on/off when switched to off position

Bedding

• Reviewed: December 31, 2017

At least I had a bed to sleep in and a shower but that's...
    • Standard Twin Room

Value for money was zero, the motel room was something out of the 70s and underwhelming to say the least. My accommodation was prepaid so there was no choice but to stay but had I had seen the room before I checked in I would have gone to another motel.

At least I had a bed to sleep in and a shower but that's it.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2019

Location was central
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was very motley and tired bed was super hard. Bathroom door would not close and no exhaust fan

Location was central

• Reviewed: November 3, 2019

Nice

Room was a little hot

It was as clean the beds were good

• Reviewed: October 31, 2019

Great stay, affordable, clean😁

NA

Cleanliness, A/C, Bedding was really good for the price per night and the location was fantastic.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2019

A pleasant stay.
    • Standard Triple Room

Great value for a family. Central location. Close to a variety of restaurants, clubs, supermarket.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2019

Motel suited it's purpose, enjoyable.

Room decor

• Reviewed: October 5, 2019

Great stay ... Well worth the money! Excellent Service .. Very friendly ... Thanku x

Room was comfy and very clean... Staff were awsmeeee 🙂

• Reviewed: October 3, 2019

Mosquitoes in the room, good idea to have a insect repellent...
    • Budget Double Room

Mosquitoes in the room, good idea to have a insect repellent with you

• Reviewed: September 29, 2019

I liked
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Good

I liked

• Reviewed: September 9, 2019

• Reviewed: September 8, 2019

Great. Have stayed here before.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2019

Everything easy and the little hiccup was sorted promptly

Everything easy and the little hiccup was sorted promptly

• Reviewed: August 24, 2019

Cheap accommodation a stroll away from Wodonga town centre
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room could probably do with a bit of an update and freshen up, a little bit dated

Spacious room, clean, staff helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: August 5, 2019

It was very clean
    • Standard Twin Room

It was very clean Access was simple and easy Bed really comfortable Overall a pleasant stay

• Reviewed: July 21, 2019