Reviews of Metro Mirage Hotel Newport 4 stars

2 Queens Parade West, 2106 Newport, Australia

#1 of 1 hotels in Newport

• Standard Room

For our short stay nothing really!

Very adequate for our one night stay. Nothing to fault with the room or it’s facilitie really. The dining room has great views over Pittwater and the breakfast was well cooked with a wide choice.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

Parking was a little tight.

The room had a beautiful view, was well set out to take advantage of them. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast & enjoyed both very much! The staff in the restaurant were very pleasant & friendly as were the reception staff.

• Standard Room

Empty rooms yet put me right at the entrance of conference room where people were standing talking and calling to each other right outside my door.

• Standard Room

The heating did not work and it was freezing- the air conditioning was blowing out cold air constantly and was very uncomfortable- the concierge did not help to try and fix it.

• Standard Room

Initially there were no drawers to allow me to unpack and store my clothes. However the staff brought in a small three drawer cabinet which they placed in the closet. It was adequate for my needs.

The hotel is a little dated but the location was ideal for my purpose. The best part of the hotel were the breakfasts and the vista from the dining room.

• Standard Room

TV was turned off at power socket and had to get reception to fix it late at night. Should have been working.

Great location and beautiful surrounding scenery of Northern beaches.

• Standard Room

Parking access a nightmare, room not completely light proof, needs better sound proofing, rooms & bathroom needs urgent upgrades.

Breakfast met all expectations, beds comfortable.

• Standard Room

Parking at the hotel is very difficult, the spaces are small and it is very tight getting a car in and out. There are not enough spaces for the amount of people staying at the hotel.

We loved the spot- great location, some rooms have views to the water. Newport pub across the road is excellent.

• Standard Room

We were very happy with the size and layout of the room. The room was very clean but it is getting close to a repaint in the entrance and there are a few minor repairs that need doing for example the mirror in the bathroom needs fixing before it is a major issue with both appearance and safety if the glass was to fallout and break.

• Standard Room

This was a one night stop over. We should have booked well in advance to secure a room with a view. ( at and increased cost ) Parking was a bit tight but nothing a Victorian cannot handle Should have stayed longer

Motel right near the large local Pub. Close to Palm Beach the major reason to be in this area Motel had the only vacancy in this area. View across the bay from outside stair case and the eatery was picture perfect. Slept well. Should have done dinner or breakfast from the restaurant that overlooks the bay Would stay again

• Standard Room

Really unhappy that the spa is featured in the advertising yet on arrival found the spa was not working and had a broken heater. I came to the hotel sepcifcuially to spend some spa time to address some pack pain. Really disappointed with this.

Bed was comfy room was nice. Location on pttwater bay magnificnent.

• Standard Room

Was hard to get public transport to and from the Motel as we had flown into Sydney for our stay there.

Having a room with a balcony overlooking the water was amazing.

• Standard Room

Bathrooms were outdated with no exhaust fan. Our first room had a tiny bathroom with mould growing everywhere. After informing the staff we were moved to a larger room with x2 size bathroom. Was a lot better but still in need of an exhaust fan.

Staff were very helpful. Great location. Nice buffet breakfast.

• Standard Room

The Hotel needs an update particularly the Reception area. The room was small & lacked the basics like a safe for valuables and water glasses.

Loved the location. The staff were friendly & helpful. The room was clean.

• Standard Room

The food was excellent, the room was clean but the drapes in our 2 rooms did not cover the windows for privacy, the hotel and rooms seriously need a facelift, the steps down to the swimming pool were broken and dangerous, we rated it 3 stars. Staff excellent.

• Standard Room

The bed and pillows were hard. Room maintenance needs attention. (toilet running so noisey, shower screen leaked so bathroom floor wet all the time, sliding wardrobe door off track woudn't open, air con vent needs clean, curtain unhooked in places).

The location was fantastic, with Newport Hotel across the road and public bus close by. The pool was great, large and deep with nice surrounds and views. The room had good facilities and the property is in a quiet area.

• Standard Room

The shower had mould looking mark in the corner and my boyfriend had to fix the door to the fridge for yous.

Everything about it, The pool area and view is to die for.

• Standard Room

the parking is too tight. We bumped our car trying to park in the narrow space. Although the room was nice and clean the bathroom fan made so much noise and there was no way you could switch it off alone. It was connected to the light which means every time you switch on the light there's this loud noise in the room. Also, the AC temperature control wasn't working. It used to switch off after a while. It was a pain to get up every hour to change the temperature on the controller which was far away from the bed just so the AC was start working again. For the money we paid, this was a disappointment. If I would have paid half the price, I wouldn't be complaining as much

• Standard Room

No parking. I have a Hilux 4wd which is not a large car, but it could only be parked at the very front as it was too high to get under the roof and the turning area too small to be able to get in and out. This idea of first in first served for parking is unacceptable for the money paid for each room. This was not advertised and had we known, I would not have stayed there. I had equipment worth 25k in the back of my car and was not prepared to park on a street competing with the pub clients. Unfortunately I would not recommend your hotel for anyone to stay.

The staff were very nice. Cleaners did a great job.

• Standard Room

The room smelt terrible and really spoilt our stay unfortunately. Complained but hotel was full so we only received free breakfast.

Nice setting. Rooms well equipped.

• Standard Room

Can't think of anything really. Was the microwave missing - perhaps that would have been perfect.

We were in the midst of moving house and needed somewhere to crash for the night. The Mirage was very convenient. The final day was hot and tiring, the swimming pool was wonderfully refreshing. Peaceful no one to be seen - just perfect! Breakfast very welcome!

• Standard Room

Wasn’t very clean. Needed a good vacuum and bathroom floor to be washed. Window and curtains were mouldy. Air conditioning very noisy. Hard to park car in cramped spaces.

The bed was extra comfortable. There is a lift so don’t have to carry bags up stairs.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

the dirty bathroom.. grout was full of mould and silicon around the bath tub was full of mould and hanging off the tiles. the booking included foxtel , but our room did not even have functioning commercial channels , the gym was old and dated ...also on arrival i was told my second night had been cancelled by bookings .com, which is NOT what i requested and i was made to pay extra on arrival and told my account would be credited... still no $$ returned in my account 3 days later...still waiting for the money to be put back into my account please.....

the location and the view.

• Standard Room

We were put into the smallest room which the concierge told us repeatedly. We went away for a quiet weekend away and were rudely interrupted by the horriblely loud event going on right OVER our room. We were not told of this event and honestly it was so bad it gave me a headache and I had to leave the premises. The food was terrible and the staff were children

The view was good

• Standard Room

Car parking and access was challenging. Not a lot to do within walking distance (no shops, access to water’s edge, beach). Bathroom was very small and had nowhere to put toiletries.

Check in was efficient. Clean room. We had a reasonably large room. Loved the proximity to the hotel across the road.

• Standard Room

First room bathroom drains were blocked. Second room had an adjoining door that did not lock. Finally moved into a room that was suitable. Premises in need of maintenance or upgrading

Reception staff were very helpful

• Standard Room

The hotel was excellent quite surprised given the price was very reasonable

The pub next door is excellent as the property’s restaurant wasn’t open on Sunday night

• Standard Room

The room was very old. There was a bad smell from refrigerator. The elevator was very very old and it was a bad smell from it.

The view from pool and restaurant was awesome and the restaurant food and breakfast was great. Also, just in front of the Hotel there was spectacular bar restaurant with very nice view.

• Standard Room

Room smelt like damp and the bathroom had a sewerage smell coming from it. The power also regularly cut out to the lights in the room and couldn’t be turned back on.

• Standard Room

Hi Team at Mirage Metro Newport. Me and my Aunty had a stay booked in with you guys the Monday night that has just been. I’m emailing to inform you that we were not happy with our stay at all. When we booked in the reception lady was lovely and helped us with our stay but we found the car park very hard to get out big car into when it was only a tiny little car park. Therefore we had to park across the road and carry all our stuff over because we couldn’t fit in any of the parks. We then checked in, got into our room and it was disgusting. I did email photos a few days ago but I will attach more. There was a dead squashed cocroach/ insect above my bed. There was mould all over the bathroom walls and in the shower. Food scraps under our bed and Bowls, our Toilet holder broke. Our tv didn’t work, and neither did most PowerPoints. I rang reception and a lovely man named Bryan answered and said he should be able to move us to another room. We got moved to another room which was 210 and that was fine. When we checked out a lady offered us free breakfast but we had to be somewhere so we didn’t want it. And after the room we weren’t sure if we wanted to eat in your kitchen. I am emailing you to ask if I can please have a complete refund or as least 50% as it was totally unacceptable. I thought emailing you would be better then everyone seeing it online. Although if I don’t get some sort of refund, it will be getting posted online. We will not be coming back after this stay. Kind regards, Mikayla.

NOTHING

• Standard Room

Water pressure in bathroom was poor. Corridor on 4th floor was noisy late at night due to the same level as function room for weddings.

Friendly staff and comfortable well sized bed.

N A

I have stayed there quite a few times now and I find it very enjoyable. The location is wonderful. I will always continue to book the Mirage and I do recommend it to friends.

• Standard Room

No towels or soap in the room The phone didn't work The roll away bed wasn't in the room First we had to request rollaway, on checking I confirmed that a roll away had been put in the room but it hadn't. Then we went to have a shower no towels or soaps . Then I tried to call reception and I had to jiggle with the phone as it kept cutting out. Then I tried to call the restaurant and make a booking but the phone wouldn't work . On check out I explained the above and that it was hard as my husband had no sleep the night before and it took some time to get all of the amenities we required before he could have a sleep, the receptionist said I'm sorry. Management could have place drink discounts or breakfast discounts under our door and it would have made up for it.

• Standard Room

Poor security with drunks knocking on doors and running wild up to 2 am! The club next door is not a help. Perhaps locking doors would be a start.

Lovely pool.

On arrival, some confusion with Bookings.com but one very efficient and friendly staff , Lily, took over and sorted it out. Pool needs railing to get in and out of pool.

• Standard Room

All the cleaning products are left outside the rooms, all storage rooms doors were open all the time. A bit messy in the corridors.

Great location, amazing views of the beach, nice pool.

• Standard Room

That sauna is out of action, gym locked & spa needs maintenance. Also, steps the pool area need maintenance.

Cleanliness of rooms & the pool was great

• Standard Room

Rooms are well past their use by date. Although clean deterioration of the fittings and furnishings is evident.

The food was very good - above what would normally be expected from room service.

• Standard Room

Friendly, helpful staff. Asked to remove cot thy was placed in our room for 3 yo and not a problem. Downside of that was our 3 yo had to sleep in King bed with us. No issue for one night but would have preferred additional single bed in larger room. Overall, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Standard Room

The reception on the tv was very poor, weren’t able to pick up channel 7 so couldn’t catch up on the tennis. I was also unable to connect to the free wifi

The restaurant staff was lovely and very accommodating. Location was good, easy to get a bus further up to palm beach.

• Standard Room

Nothing to dislike except that beach was a little more than walking distance asthe hotel was located on Pitt water. not really a negative as the harbour view more than compensted.

Only one night stay but room was comfortable and Newport club across the road was bonus for experience

• Standard Room

Stay in town.. I've had cheaper nights at the Hilton and No.6 York.

Did not do breakfast... The GF Cafe across the street is great. Half the price.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

Stayed here 10 years ago for wedding and unfortunately the hotel has let itself become run down and shabby. Decor exactly the same and outdated. The carpet throughout, the bed, and furniture in room all need modernizing. I would say it has not even been painted in 10 years. In room Spa bath frame had crack and was fixed with electrical tape. The entire hotel needs an overhaul if it wants to continue to justify charging $309 a night. The Newport arms (now the Newport) is amazing and modern. The mirage should do the same to its look to expect the same volume and return of clientele.

Location is still amazing. Beautiful views

• Standard Room

Room had a horrible odour and was very overpriced, old and rundown building, checked in and went up to our room but was very disappointed so we promptly checked out and got our money back.

Very disappointed and there was only one good thing to say about this hotel and that is the view from the outdoor pool was beautiful overlooking the water.

• Standard Room

We asked for a quite room. This is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed at. the pub across the road, delivery vans, housekeeping staff vacuuming the corridors at 9am. The pictures are completely misleading as the 2 feet space they call a balcony. The restaurant upstairs does have Lovely views great for weddings

This apartment has an excellent location. The fact it has the Newport Arms Hotel right across the road, the place to be on New Years Eve throughout Northern beaches.

• Standard Room

Offf smells in all rooms , carpet in dark coloured in cooridors, cicada bug noise, with booking.com they punched you with room with no view at all , suna not working. Gym tools old can’t use it. We left room at 7 am to scape from that awful place.

No thing at all !

• Standard Room

Need to sell breakfast and restaurant as I didn’t use it as although beautiful scenery a bit soulless ...access to pool bit that accessible, but clean and safe area.

Light spacious room, very clean and bed super comfy and good working air conditioning!Serviced rooms each day with clean towels and tea making facilities.

• Standard Room

The shower leaked and the curtains were awful. If the curtains were replaced with modern curtains that actually close properly and the shower door closed then the room would be much better. The car park is really tight but my husband managed. I would not have coped but there is parking on the street 5 minute walk away.

The location and pool are both fantastic.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

Rooms in need of maintenance & considerable work. The soft close mechanisms didn't work on the doors - spa bath was broken - horrendous banging doors and unruly noisy guests ruined the one night stay...including the security guards visiting them 3 times. Never again !

Handy for the area - nice water view.

• Standard Room

As above but the dinner was good but I asked for a jug of water with dinner & that didn't arrive either, wake up people

2 people cant sit on the same 2 chairs @ the same table & eat room service. The bed was 2 beds pushes together, my girl friend was not impressed, they dont even do that over there. No water in the fridge & no other snacks that was on the snack menu.Very poor standards for Sydney.

• Standard Room

We asked to be in a quiet room because we were having a night away from our 4 children but we were put in the room closest to the reception where we could hear everything they said and everyone coming in and out of the hotel. We were not happy.

The guy at the front desk when we checked in was super helpful. The location across from Newport Arms was good.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

Room could do with update. Bath could be replaced with shower as had to climb over and could be dangerous as there were no hand rails.

We had a water view from our room. Nice walks( we walked to shops and beach in Newport)

• Standard Room

The rooms are tired and need of refurbishment, the toilet in my room had massive cracks through the porcelain. The parking is squashy if you can get in, so street parking is expected.

Nice size rooms with a nice outlook

• Standard Room

I was not going to leave a review, as some things are better left unsaid; however as I have now received four emails from booking.com prompting me to do so - I felt obliged. I booked four rooms over the weekend for myself and my bridal party the night before my wedding (and two rooms the following night). We were split over three different levels at opposite ends of the hotel. Upon check in I queried this, and was told it was “out of their control” where guests were placed. My room was accessed through the basement car park - there was no direct entry through the hotel. As a bride-to-be; this is the last thing you want when all your vendors (hair, make up artist, photographer etc) have to come to you with loads of equipment. One of my bridal party ordered room service and left a specific note saying she would pay on check out, but the reception staff didn’t ask her to pay it instead left it to me to pay (apologising saying “oh yes there is a note here saying she would pay, I guess my colleague forgot to ask her”). There was no on-site parking available - we had to park on the street - which was all 4 hour parking. Again when you have a wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and all of the related items to get into your rooms, trying to carry these from the street to the basement level is not ideal! Also the four hour parking meant we repeatedly needed to move our cars, slowing down the whole getting ready process. The only ceiling light in my room didn’t work - we asked for someone to come repair it but no one did. House keeping came at one point, but only half cleaned the room, there was rubbish left beside the bin. My room was directly over the pool, and the noise from the spa was amplified by the hotel walls. It sounded like someone had a speaker projecting the spa noise directly into my room, like a crackly radio with poor reception. Overall I left disheartened, this was not an ideal way to start my married life. I will not be staying again.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

Rooms are sparsely furnished. Could do more if it was to improve the standard of room finish. Rooms 102 & 103 entrance is via a garage parking space.

Great location for the North shore with views across the Pittwater. Helpful staff and nice Breakfast.

• Standard Room

Rooms are located under the event room. The dancing of the wedding party over head kept me up all night (wooden floors!). Staff were apologetic but couldn't change rooms. If you need an early start I suggest asking the hotel for a room not beneath the dining room.

• Standard Room

There was no parking off street as mentioned in write up and the bed was hard as cement. I believe it was way over priced. The only view we got was looking at building next to us.

The room was a good size and clean.

• Standard Room

Parking was next to non existent. I even check a box to say I required a car space but apparently that doesn’t guarantee you one.. on street parking has a 4 hr limit.. if you can find a park.

Rooms were dated but comfortable and well kept.

• Standard Room

Unfriendly reception staff Leaking fridge - carpet was soaking wet Delivered wrong breakfast then forgot my pot of tea Tiny tiny bathroom hard to manouver around

Bed was comfy

• Standard Room

There was no extractor fan in the toilet/bathroom which was completely enclosed with no other ventilation. It was like having a toilet in your bedroom. The parking spaces too were very small and awkward for a large car.

good location close to marina

• Standard Room

Peace and quiet totally ruined by incessant bombardment of noise and music from mega pub next door. My room (308) had a small balcony and door, which I couldn't open due to the noise. I had to use earplugs to get to sleep. I realise this is not the hotel's fault, but it does mean I will never return. The hotel's restaurant/bar is closed on a Sunday. Excuse me? Closed? A facility is simply denied to guests 15% of the time? In an area with only the mega pub as a food source? The mind boggles. Also, there are not enough loungers around the pool (which is very nice).

This "could" be a wonderful place for a quiet, get-away-from-it-all stay -- lovely waterside setting with boats bobbing at anchor. I took a chair and some wine onto the dock and watched the sun set, very pleasant. The price for my night was excellent.

• Standard Room

The room was really cold and you couldn't adjust the airconditioning in the room.

Beautiful location and comfortable bed. Water views and across the road from the Newport Hotel.

• Standard Room

One little negative was that our room was close to a doorway leading out and we could hear people constantly go in and out. However, it didn't disrupt our good night sleep

The location is perfect and the view from the restaurant for breakfast was amazing. The room itself was clean, comfortable and spacious, enough for two adult and a cot for baby.

• Standard Room

the room 207 was directly across from the bar opposite could not get to sleep because of the noise level of music and shouting. Had to travel back to qld following day by truck very tired. Would not stay again.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

The hotel is showing its age with cracks appearing, carpet somewhat dated and worn and some parts of the room poky. The plumbing was noisy and sound travelled through from the adjoining rooms too freely. A makeover of this hotel, given its superb location would do wonders for business and probably attract a lot more local visitors from Sydney as well as interstate.

Location was excellent. The dining room was well maintained and had a wonderful view. The breakfast was fresh and tasty. The staff were attentive but unobtrusive. The selection of food was good considering the few guests that seemed to be staying at the hotel that day. The bed was comfy

• Standard Room

Parking was inadequate and only suitable for a small car. Off street parking was very limited due to the location opposite Newport Arms Hotel. It was extremely noisy on our first night due to the Hotel across the road and a wedding at the Mirage. The next day they did agree to move us though, and it was a bit quieter on the other side of the building. Air-conditioning not adequate.

• Standard Room

It was quite noisy - we could hear the music from the Newport Arms until about midnight, and there was very little soundproofing from the corridors into the rooms.

Breakfast was good and the staff were very accommodating.

Room was a bit noisy.

Very nice place, you can see ocean/bay through the window. Large & clean room. Restaurant with great view. Park is nearby, good if you're traveling with child.

• Standard Room

The parking onsite was scary. Small tight spots with low overhangs ready to scrape your car. Best parking was across the road offsite was a safer option.

The view when we upgraded our room

The curtains.

It was a pleasant stay, the staff were extremely helpful and quite friendly. They even gave us free drink vouchers, sadly we were unable to use it because we didn't eat at the hotel. The mini bar items were reasonably priced, the room was cosy and had a mini balcony. Would definitely reccomend to others. Check in was smooth and the bond was only $1.

• Standard Room

morning newspaper a vanishing custom. Noted entry door poorly soundproofed from corridor. Shower water splashes out from poorly sealed door

FResh air via balcony,outlook into greenery. Buffet breakfast,excellent dining room Room fresh and clean,quality bathroom. waterfront location,great pub over the road.

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

TV should be larger for a room of that size. Shower over spa would be limiting to many older people. Not me. Shower should be separate. Most people I know would never use a bath or spa.

View magnificent. Access to bus stop, shops and Hotel facilities excellent.

• Standard Room

Unfortunately the chicken burger we ordered for our main was not great. Fake chicken schnitzel and an odd combination of other flavours on there. We didn't finish them.

Entrees were amazing. Unfortunately the chicken burger we ordered for our main was not great.

• Standard Room

The service was extremely poor, when we arrived the man at the front desk was on a obvious personal phone call and it was like we were a inconvenience to check into our room. We asked where we should park the car and he said we might be lucky but if not on the street. Breakfast was a fiasco the fruit for the self making juice was very old and limp. The coffee machine was not working and the hot food looked like it had been made hours previous. It was disgraceful

the location

• Waterfront Suite with Spa

We stayed on a Saturday night, went out for dinner and came back to the hotel for drinks to find the bar/restaurant closed at 8.30pm. Reception staff not very cheery!

The room was lovely, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was included and delicious with a good choice available.