Reviews of Novotel Sydney Norwest 4.5 stars

1 Columbia Court, 2153 Baulkham Hills, Australia

#3 of 3 hotels in Baulkham Hills

Nice hotel.. the room were spacious
    • Standard King Room

Paid $30 for the breakfast per person.. but the food was blend not much of choices... i knw it was buffet but it is not about quantity, it about the quality.., i would rather went out and ate..

Extremely noisy!
    • Standard King Room

Room extremely noisy. Can hear next door talk shower and cry. Every time when the cooling/heating turn on extremely noisy and will wake me up. Was there for business trip and extremely tired after the stay. Was there around 7pm and check out before 8. Didnt use any facility.

Price was ok not sure if it's off peak season.

Overall apart from background noise quite good.
    • Standard King Room

Background noise from the aircon? Not sure as I turned the room air off, however, there was still background noise which was annoying when trying to sleep.

Great customer service and staff who go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a good one!
    • Standard King Room

We enjoyed our time at this venue. When sharing a minor issue with our room, the staff went above and beyond our expectations... some of the best customer service we've experienced - Thanks Ellie! It was a good location for us while in Sydney and we would definitely stay here again.

Great place to stay, easy to access from the motorway, definitely recommend.
    • Standard King Room

Bed was a little soft to my liking, but didn't prevent me getting a good nights sleep.

Comfortable room, ordered some room service which was prompt and deliciouis. Buffet breakfast was good, with table service for coffee which was unexpected but nice. All staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Carparking is free, it's open but on the property so not secure, but easily accessible and free.

Great experience, would stay again.
    • Standard King Room

I would like to be offered a service in which my mattress can be sanitised before arriving.

The property is great in every way. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was great The rooms were clean and comfortable

Given our most recent stay at this hotel we’d rather stay at Novotel Rooty Hill.
    • Standard King Room with Balcony

We were on the first floor which wasn’t a problem however we did book a room with a balcony for the fresh air. It was rather Disgusting to look out over the downstairs roof piled with bird dropping’s. The hotel should consider regular cleaning of this roof as we had to sit within a Meter of this mess. We appreciate that the hotel allowed us to check in early however the carpet in the bedroom was very wet from cleaning that we couldn’t take our shoes off and relax for hours after we had checked in. Also found long hair stuck the the tiles in the shower which is just gross. Given the hotel chain and cost of the room I expected a higher evel of cleanliness.

The bed

My parents had an enjoyable stay. They loved their room and the friendliness and attentivenes.
    • Standard King Room

I booked the stay for my elderly parents. I bought them up from Mollymook to be at their grandsons engagement party. As they could not get around easily I needed a location that they could easily have access to a restaurant or cafe while relaxing. I wanted somewhere I could have confidence they could enjoy and know they would be looked after. From when I called the night before to check on their room I was confident. Their room was readily upgraded twice so they would be comfortable. Your Receptionist went out of their way to get their coffee. My parents have returned home having had a great experience in your hotel. They can't speak highly enough of your hotel. I won't hesitate to book them in again for my sons wedding weekend next year!

Comfortable beds
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

Other guests received $1 breakfast, it was not offered to me and was declined on request, disappointing to say the least. For the price to stay, toilet paper could be improved!

Comfortable beds

Bed was good.
    • Standard King Room

I was in a standard king bed room. The noise from the air duct was quite noisy (I checked it was 60+ decibel which is normal conversation level) and I couldn't sleep. It didn't matter if the air con turned on or off and I couldn't do anything.

Bed was good.

excellent value with a great can do attitude by all staff
    • Standard King Room

the hotel was very quiet, bed comfortable, food first rate as were the staff. people could not do enough for us so as to make our stay memorable. it felt like we had known the staff for a long time

Ok
    • Standard King Room

The motel needs some maintenance. The lifts make a lot of creaky noises and vibrations. The carpet between the reception and the the lifts is bubbled up and is a trip hazard.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Good location. Great price. Staff & service excellant. Would stay again.
    • Standard King Room

The lifts were a bit scary until you got used to the noise they made.

The service. Staff were very friendly and nothing appears to be a bother. We were well looked after.

Poor
    • Standard King Room

The air conditioner did not work, the fridge had been unplugged & was defrosting so she the fridge was opened water spilled out. Two of the 3 lamps did not work despite trying to plug the into alternative power points. No extra blanket in cupboard. Poor show this time I'm afraid. It took more than 1hr to order room service.

The staff were very helpful, polite & respectful

We booked many rooms all were different.
    • Standard King Room

No fire emergency and being able to get into the room. Thin towels

The room was spacious with a lovely balcony . Although the hotel was fully booked, it didn’t seem that busy.

Staff was very bad.
    • Standard King Room

Staff was very bad. In room fridge very noisy and ac not working. Room was too suffocating that why we leave room in just half hour. That’s completely wasted of money.

Not my first choice hotel
    • Standard King Room

The bed was extremely firm, so much so I had back aches. My room faced a busy road (5 or 6 lanes of traffic) and it felt like I was sleeping on the road. I had to wear earplugs to block the noise in order to sleep. The house keeping was so so, I didn't go barefoot in the room.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and nice. Wifi was pretty good, speed dipped at certain hours of evening.

It was easy and clean
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

The room I was in was tired - I have stayed before and clearly my previous room had been updated, this hadn't expecially the bathroom, it needs a good overhaul. Also we weren't informed that we should book for breakfast, so there wasn't room for breakfast as there was a large group.. a little beforehand information would have been helpful to manage expectations.

great location, friendly staff

Ramp access for pram was helpful
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom had issues. Firstly it wasn't functioning and secondly, there was a constant smell from the bathroom drains and bath/toilet

Ramp access for pram was helpful

Nice clean accommodation.
    • Standard King Room

Even with the 'Do not Disturb' sign on our door the housekeeping staff knocked once and then opened our door - 8am on a Sunday morning - that's not good. We were also placed on the same floor as teams of a Rugby Women's tournament - they were pretty noisy - perhaps put couples on a different floor! Breakfast was a little overdone and dry but a good variety of food!

Friendly reception staff. Clean and very large hotel.

Nice stay - friendly staff - great price for the stay!!
    • Standard King Room

I am NOT a fan of showers over baths and this is what you find in this motel... Also the King Bed - not secured together well with separation and a downhill slope on one side of the bed - needs replacing... Mattress Toppers would solve a lot of issues and take the comfort up a notch!!!

The staff were EXCELLENT!!! very friendly... Breakfast was lovely - but ran out of bacon :-( Loved the barista made coffee and hot chocolate with the buffet brekky... Parking is included - nice change for the city!!

Excellent staff, easy to park, breakfast sensational
    • Standard King Room

It's just looking a little tired and dated, cleaning wasn't brilliant-smudges on mirrors, grout in bathroom tiles dirty

Excellent staff, easy to park, breakfast sensational

Great location but that's all.
    • Standard King Room

We were told twice the restaurant was open on the sunday night we were there and it wasn't. The food we had in the bar was overcooked rubbish. The king bed was 2 singles put together and there was a gap in the two mattresses. I am blonde and my husband light brown/grey and I found at least 3 long black hhairs in the bathroom.

We were visiting relatived in hospital and the location was perfect.

Novetel baulkhum hilks
    • Standard King Room

Shower wasnt great on an off and shoqer curtains are out!!

Staff were amazing very nice and helpful, main concern noisy air conditioner shocking in room 416 hard to sleep!!

A great place to stay and a convenient location
    • Standard King Room

Great value. Was picked as the special guest of the day which was such a treat as I don't usually win anything! Definitely made me feel extra special :)

Excellent Stay
    • Standard King Room

Morning breakfast was excellent, and once again the personnel were very attentive with your needs.

Excellent customer service and attention to detail. The rooms were immaculate and will definitely be staying there again.

Not disappointed.
    • Standard King Room

Not so much didn't like but having the shower over the bath made it a little "scary" for an 80 year old getting into the shower particularly as there was no handles to hold onto when you tried to lift your leg over the baths edge. More from an age point of view than anything else.

The high standard expectation was met. One always has an expectation of what to expect & I wasn't disappointed.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Manager Riki was outstanding !
    • Standard King Room

I had hoped or earlier check in on my early arrival to hotel after travelling from uk. This was made possible by a few hours only.

Manager Riki was outstanding ! Couldn't be more helpful. Enjoyed my two days stay in this very busy hotel

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Friendly staff and great location
    • Standard King Room

Stayed two nights. Was not able to provide a room discount for a further additional night when asked on the morning of checkout.

Very friendly staff. We're able to provide courtesy transport to a nearby venue for friend who had difficulties walking due to bad back. Complimenty room up grade.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

A pleasant surprise
    • Standard King Room

We only had a short time to spend there.

We were very surprised that we were chosen to be the guests of the day which gave us some lovely fringe benefits, including a voucher for dinner. The food was beautiful!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Staff fantastic!
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

Without Google maps I would not have found the hotel.

Staff were so friendly and helpful especially when my son way ill at breakfast time, even checked up on him later in the day.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great for business stays and close to business centre if you avoid driving in peak times!
    • Standard King Room

My hair dryer stopped working and I reported it but nothing happened until I reported it a second time. Was then given a replacement.

Comfortable rooms, good staff and nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

After a family emergency, we stayed overnight and the staff...
    • Standard King Room

After a family emergency, we stayed overnight and the staff could not have been more understanding and compassionate. We did not try the restaurant, however, we had a complimentary drink at the bar which was offered by the girl at check in. I cannot speak highly enough of the reservations desk after an emotional day.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Lovely!
    • Standard King Room

We were lucky enough to get the "guest of the day" bonus, which meant we got upgraded to a room with a balcony, free breakfast and a voucher for dinner and drinks!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Nice premises, good staff, good food -somewhat pricey but...
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

I would have liked to be closer to Westmead hospital which is what I requested when I booked. I guess I should have checked. The bathroom was a bit ordinary.

Nice premises, good staff, good food -somewhat pricey but tasty.

Great place to stay
    • Standard King Room

I didn't think the air conditioning was cold enough in my room but still comfortable as wasn't in my room that much

Staff and facilities breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Great location for North West Sydney
    • Standard King Room

You can't get from the car park to the hotel reception without having to go up steps - not friendly for when you've got luggage!

Elizabeth at reception was delightful and friendly and made me feel really welcome.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Fair
    • Standard King Room

Beds were exceptionally hard the lifts left a lot to be desired we went in one that went up to our floor however the door didn't open then we started dropping free fall suddenly the brakes kicked in on the lower level with a Big Bang and shutter almost put me on my backside however the doors opened and we made a quick exit and walked up to our floor via the stairs only to find neither room key would open our door The reception staff came to our rescue and were extremely helpful Beware the lifts are scarey

Stafff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The gym was well equipped.
    • Standard King Room

I was disappointed with Housekeeping. A dirty spoon was laid out, and stayed there for the duration of my stay. After a room service, i found a fake finger nail on the floor of my room. There were no hand towels on arrival, only after the first service.

The gym was well equipped. Room service from the restaurant can not be faulted. The food was lovely and was delivered on time.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Relaxing & enjoyable

All good no complaints!

Great variety of food to choose from for breakfast, gave us a great start to our busy days! Cheerful, friendly & helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

All to short due to my timetable near Christmas.
    • Standard King Room

The fried eggs were not as good as I would do myself. I would prefer the eggs on the plate, not on the bread. I would prefer white bread but was not told what sort of bread I would receive.

I do not eat croissants so no comment. The bed was fine and very large. The location of the hotel is very good with a wide open expanse in front of the area.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Would Stay Here Again.
    • Standard King Room with Balcony

Plenty of food available at breakfast, however, not a huge choice amongst the hot dishes. A few more imaginative hot dishes would be great.

Couldn't fault the hotel and staff, who were all very courteous. Very clean facility. Room was a good size, and having a balcony was an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Good base for a short stay in Sydney.
    • Standard King Room

Really nice place for an overnight or short stay within easy reach of the city center. Restaurant was surprisingly good for both dinner and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Below expectation - this time.
    • Standard King Room

Room vent had continuous mechanical noise so sleep was hard to come by. Fridge was unplugged which we were unaware of until seeking non existent cold drinks.

Staff at reception. Lounge / bar area. Overall good facilities.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Location good for staying in Sydney when passing through...
    • Standard King Room

Setup more suitable for single corporate travellers. Had a desk and two dining chairs but only 1 lounge chair. Bathroom was spacious, nice towels and clean but the shower was over a bath and only one bar of soap provided. Foxtel tv but no movie channels, extra cost. No free WIFI again extra cost. All the motels we travelled throughout country NSW provided both free of charges.

Location good for staying in Sydney when passing through travelling south to Vic. King sized bed was fine, and good sized room. Selection of resturants close by in shopping centre.

Over-priced for a tired property

Heating in the room was faulty, as only the air conditioning phase could be engaged. Door handle on bathroom door was not working. Lamp shades were old, tired and damaged.

Parking was good, but required carrying cases up a flight of stairs to the lobby entrance.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Easy access to Hills area but take your earplugs.
    • Standard King Room

The room was incredibly noisy all night - sounds from other rooms, corridor and machinery (pipes, air conditioning?) clearly heard most of night. Not enough staff on checkout meant a bit of a wait.

The staff were friendly and the room was very clean. Good location for my needs.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The location was convenient for our needs.
    • Standard King Room

The lifts are a bit noisy and a bit off putting. You want your lifts to be smooth and quiet, not making banging noises.

The location was convenient for our needs. I would recommend anyone who needs accommodation around the northwest area of Sydney to stay here

The property itself was lovely staff very friendly.
    • Standard King Room

Just wasn’t very central to much.

Breakfast was lovely and a clean and tidy room

Loudest Air Con hotel on earth
    • Standard King Room

The air conditioning is so loud you can noot sleep. No good for Business

The front desk service

Fabulous room nice and clean and staff were excellent,...
    • Standard King Room

parking needs security and they need to improve breakfast

Fabulous room nice and clean and staff were excellent, Breakfast was ok.

Everything.

Everything...

Exciting, We were guest of the day - fantastic. Not our first visit, not our last.
    • Standard King Room

Food was excellent, bed great

Did not sleep due to noisy air conditioning.
    • Standard King Room

Very noisy air conditioning even when turned off as the humming and rattling was still present in the ducting.

Easy parking, friendly staff.

Very nice however the decor needs updating looks old

Air conditioner was loud

Needs a revamp

Clean, quiet and comfortable. Very happy with our over night stay!
    • Standard King Room

Convenient, easy and Affordable.

OK
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

Shower curtain was discussing. Full of pubic hair. REALLY REALLY DISGUSTING.

It was great

Great staff

no walk in shower, for aged persons showering in a bath you...
    • Standard King Room with Balcony

no walk in shower, for aged persons showering in a bath you must step over into is a hazard.

Our overnight stay was very comfortable. This property also offered complimentary parking.
    • Standard King Room

The property is a little bit 'dated'

Staff very friendly and helpful

great

i cant say anything bad

the guy at the bar Joel he was great friendly i like joel

Close to the important thing
    • Standard King Room

The bed wasn't the most comfortable.

Being chosen as guest of the day and being upgraded was a blessing.

Bed was uncomfortale

Bed was uncomfortale

Worth every cent
    • Standard King Room

Room was very clean and felt like home. Slept like an angel in the bed.

all good

no undercover secure parking

all good

Very good.
    • Standard King Room

The shower over the bath. Otherwise no complaints.

We were very lucky to be chosen as the guest of the day. It made our stay even better value.

Great comfort

No USB output

Late night. Check in

Would have been good to have a towel

Had no towels

Motel quality at hotel prices.
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

No free wifi Old room in need of renovation Dirty fridge

Couldn’t change temperature on air con wall control panel

Couldn’t change temperature on air con wall control panel

Very friendly staff, facilities a bit tired but comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Facilities/rooms are a bit dated.

Very friendly helpful staff.

better than expected
    • Superior King Room

very limited dinner menu

spacious rooms, a free guest laundry, good parking and wonderful staff

Wonderful
    • Standard King Room

The hotel was lovely and comfortable. But the staff were outstanding and could not do enough for us .

food not bad but uninterested staff
    • Standard King Room

smelly pillows! uninterersted staff particularly in dining room.

food not bad but uninterested staff