Reviews of Oaks Charlotte Towers 4.5 stars

128 Charlotte Street, Brisbane CBD, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#53 of 142 Holiday rentals in Brisbane

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room was very cold at night and the AC was stopping every 20 minutes; no windows just shutters which couldn't be opened to have light and view neither completely shut to have a warm envirpnment; 2 floors to get to the room and no help with the lugagges; the receptionist didn't care much about our problem with the AC

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only con I had was I had used the Genius perks asking for a early check but the hotel did not give me the early check in and no email was reply to my request. In the end, I had to wait for the actual check in time at 2 p.m. (waited for about 4 hours as I had reached around 10a.m.)

The hotel looks very new and our room was on the 43th floor almost at the top (Top floor was 44th) The view from the room was magnificent and room is very clean and kitchen was fully equipped with full utensils. The location of the hotel is also very near to Queen street mall and also of eateries are nearby too.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I’ve stayed here several times the staff are friendly and the rooms are very comfortable and location is excellent I can’t fault it that’s why I keep coming back

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location is excellent, the room was quite spacious and suited our requirements perfectly and the staff could not have been more helpful, cheerful and responsive at all times.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Bedroom Door opens into the wardrobe mirror door, scared we were going to smash it, no where to put bags, only in the cupboard, and only one door can be opened at one time, bedroom is small but a big comfy bed!

Great Location! parking is easy the cafe downstairs is delicious and well priced! Will be back!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The gym was terrible and outdated. You only got limited wifi then it cut off. I was surprised by this as other Oaks accommodations I have stayed in offer unlimited which it should be for the price paid.

Great location and friendly staff

• One-Bedroom Apartment

the bed was really comfortable & the views spectacular also everything was very clean neat & tidy. Very short walk to shops & Qpac etc. Just could have done with a few extra kitchen aids eg wash cloths tea bags garbage bags or bin. Staff very friendly & helpful. Overall great stay

• One-Bedroom Apartment

For a 12 day stay, the kitchen could do with a few more basic appliances eg egg beater, small saucepan, strainer, more dishes and cutlery. The washing machine did not work properly however this was repaired promptly The daily clean was not the greatest and the weekly clean needed to be done twice. The gym could do with a cross trainer A more thorough check of appliances and equipment should be done prior to new guests arriving especially for a longer stay.

The location is excellent, the reception staff were very helpful and obliging and the apartment had a nice view. Any problems raised by us were quickly dealt with

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

You had to pay for parking which is $30 a night, you would think paying over $200 for one night a car space would be included.

Clean and good location

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Second lift to higher levels was out of order the day I arrived. It took me 45 minutes to check-in and get my bags from the car to my room (two trips). Very frustrating.

Bed really comfy. View and balcony was amazing.

There was no free WiFi

$10 Discount voucher for the cafe breakfast if I choose to not get my room serviced during my stay but unfortunately it was only one voucher & maybe should be one per day instead

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

One lift only working I think you should be notified of these things before you check in as it is a long wait or even a discount on accommodation

Comfortable bed great location

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The only minor complaint was that we booked twin share, the bedroom is tiny and you had to move the beds to close/open the door.

Very good location. Lots of places to eat nearby, convenience store and shopping close.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There was nothing that was negative.

I spent my time in a 2 bedroom unit. It was spacious, well set out, fully equipped. Close to the CBD. Everything you would need for a home away from home feeling.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The wifi is really bad, only free for the 500mb Each day. After that you have to buy data plan. The washing machine is very old and dirty, actually cannot be used. Many oil stain on the oven and dish washing machine.

The location is really good, close to many great restaurants and mall.

• One-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

Lovely one bed apartment, great location. Pool could be better - not much direct sunlight hit it during the day. Stunning views from my apartment on the 32nd floor, although slightly overpriced. More of an apartment vibe than hotel.

• One-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

Internet was an issue and I never successfully connected via cable or WiFi. When I requested for this to be fixed, a new cable was installed in the room but in a location that was not practical (on the tv stand where I couldn't sit, as opposed to the desk) and the old non-working cable was left in the same place instead of removed. Door on balcony would not lock. Whilst the staff made sure this was repaired ASAP, I would have thought this was something to be checked before a new customer occupies the room. This resulted in one night with the door unlocked, and some of the morning with my valuables in an unlocked room. I should add that the unlocked door was to a balcony on the 6th floor, so unlikely that someone would or could enter, I just personally felt uneasy about this.

Plenty of space and well setup for the purpose of my trip. Fabulous location. Staff were very friendly and as helpful as possible in relation to issues mentioned below. I would recommend it and I would stay again. Thank You.

• One-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

The bathroom door was squeeky.

The bed was very comfy. The size of the apartment was big enough for two people to move around and not feel cramped. We loved the inclosed balcony.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

No complaints - It was all good !

Hotel is in a great location and within easy walking distance to Queen Street Mall for shopping and dining with buses close by in Adelaide Street and King George Square bus station. Always enjoy staying with the Oaks Group.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The level of cleanliness in the apartment was a disappointment. The towels in the restroom [although cleaned] had [more than one] hair hanging from them..... the amount of dust / hair / etc behind the furniture was amazing.... and the dryer filter / door kept flying off and blowing lint everywhere. I asked for clean towels the next day [after showing reception pics of the hair] and they quickly had the cleaning staff bring fresh towels. I think that the cleaning department is understaffed and overworked. It was the only disappointing aspect of my stay.... but an important one.

Location is phenomenal. The room allocatied on the 41st floor had amazing panoramic views. The reception staff were very professional. Very comfortable bed and great kitchen.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We could not fault this stay with Oaks on Charlotte! Absolutely wonderful!

The bed was so comfortable, the views on the 38th floor were fantastic and the staff were absolutely wonderful! My partner and I enjoyed the location and the whole experience!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Located in a great area with everything you want only a walk away, friendly staff and comfortable accomadation. Would recommend it to anyone for a relaxing stay.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing. Everything was amazing!

James & Jessie were amazing at reception. The atmosphere was lovely to walk into. Very professional staff. Always clean and tidy. The staff always acknowledged us when we walked past. Room was clean, comfortable and had so many facilities- kitchen was fully equipped! We even saved $5 each on the first day for going green and reusing our towels. The $10 we got off were vouchers to use at the coffee shop down stairs.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. It was great all round. Two things to fault slightly there was no hand towel for the bathroom and no dish cloth under the sink. Everything else that we used was great. Didn't use the stove, microwave or dishwasher or the laundry facilities so can't comment on them.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Car parking price and the lifts are slow

At first of checking in my room key didn't work so they upgraded me to level 41 or 44. Amazing view of the city and river. Great location walking distance to everything. House keeping was very good. One lady in particular in the staff was amazing and lovely. Great facilitates on site.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

i was not happy with the housekeeping , they were not alert on the part that they need to add on esp the toiletries to the extend we had to buy our own which its not suppose to be necessary. They didnt even vaccum the room or clean the toilets.

The locations are amazing. Facilities are great and reception desk were helpful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Location is good. A supermarket is close to the hotel. On 5th floor, we enjoyed BBQ. Staff is so kind. The view of our room on 28th floor was excellent. We also enjoyed pool and sauna .

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Mistakes made by staff. Asked to take green option when checking in - that is no servicing of room in return for $5 per day voucher to use at local cafe. 1st day didn’t receive voucher. Partner asked at reception in the evening about it and was told we had chosen to have our room serviced and that it had been done that day ( it had not). Eventually given vouchers for that day but too late to use as cafe by then was closed. I queried this at reception and staff looked at out checkin paperwork and found we were correct and that it showed we had agreed the green option. I said that they hadn’t even apologised which they then did. I was concerned that they had said our room had been cleaned when it hadn’t. Amazingly this happened before at a previous Brisbane oaks a couple of years ago so I think there is a quality control issue regarding the housekeeping in Oaks apartments. The other thing we didn’t like was the long wait for the lifts every time. Once we had to wait because the only lift available for our floor was being used by housekeeping. Another time we called the lift to go down but it went up to the 22/23rd floors and then stopped so many times on the way down ( we called it from the 11th floor). So the controls may have a fault?

The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in away from home!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing really, although you do need a navigation aid to drive around city since one way system is a challenge when you do not know it and if you end up on motorway you will be out of city before you know it!

Great location close to CBD amenities, restaurants and bars. Easy to walk to most places and plenty to keep you interested. River boats are great, especially because they are free!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Limited food options after 9pm around the area apart from fast food.

Balcony, spacious apartment and pool in the centre of Brisbane! 15 minute walk from Central Station so easy to access Airport and around the city and to Gold Coast trains. Arrived late at night and was able to check-in no problem.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

No complimentary Wi-Fi offered.

Great staff. Clean rooms. Great location and amenities. Overall a good choice if you are wanting to stay at Brisbane ‘s CBD.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We had an amazing view from the 39th. Floor. Loved everything about our stay. Staff were really friendly and aimed to please. Cleanliness is a top priority for us and we were not dissappointed. Shower was big and had continuous water supply and even temperature at all times. Beds were absolutely the Best, and Pillows were the comfiest I have ever slept on. Comfort Plus++. Looking forward to future stays.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Lifts were sometimes slow to arrive.

Friendly staff, central location, great breakfast just downstairs. Our room was quiet, clean and well appointed. Lazing by the pool was a great way to spend an hour or two. Walking distance from shopping, South bank, theatres and restaurants.

• Executive One-Bedroom Apartment - Bed and Breakfast

We booked on booking.com for $416 for 2 nights where it said we’d saved hundreds, go onto other websites and we paid about $100 more. Had problems with credit card, money got taken out for a week then appeared back in with no trace of being taken out. Requested a car park, got no response back from the property, tried looking it up to find parking prices and wasn’t warned of the price, felt absolutely ripped off!!! Requested late checkout, but was denied as they said EXTRA CHARGE!!! For the price we paid just to stay 2 nights at a below average hotel ended up being almost $500, then we see signs on elevators where free upgrade to one bed executive during those dates when we paid EXTRA money for that! Honestly felt so so ripped off, I was actually crying due to this, would never stay again, staff were rude, every on the phone twice the week prior, didn’t want to help, all that I asked was”hey would you mind helping me with updating my credit card details” and it became such an effort for them to help. Honestly just feel ripped off :( was looking for a place to stay as my partner had just gotten out of the army and needed a small getaway and the hotel unfortunately, just didn’t live up to any expectations. :(

Loved the breakfast from cafe depot and the location was amazing!!!

• One-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

i had pre-arranged a portable bed for my colleague but it failed to be in the room when we arrived later in the evening. I was assured this would be taken care of...and wasn't. Usually a great place to stay...likely just a one of mistake is all.

• One-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

Even though I was on the 38th floor, I could still hear the sound of traffic and nearby clubs.

The bed was extremely comfy and the room had everything I could need. Kitchen was well equiped. Staff were very friendly and were polite with all my requests. Close to Queen St shopping and great restaurants. I had a view of the Brisbane River which was a bonus!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Found parking confusing as to where we were actually aloud to park, had to go back down and move out car after check in. Also thought it could be helpful to have ice available to take up to the rooms.

Perfect location, spacious apartment with a nice balcony and comfortable bed. Was moved up to the 38th floor on request without issue and had great views.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There was no housekeeping done,we had to ask three times for service & then it wasn't complete

The bed was very comfortable,the hotel is situated in a very convenient location

• One-Bedroom Apartment

$30 for parking is disgusting, a harsh word to use but honestly😭 spend enough money to stay here.

Lovely place. Friendly staff, great location close to everything

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Fans are needed in the bathrooms as it got pretty foggy & toilets need more air circulation. Our main bathroom, the shower head was wobbly & a shelf in both showers would be beneficial for people not having to bend over to pick up the soap etc.

Very comfortable living area & large kitchen. Plenty of space inside & outside for 3 people.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The trundle bed was a bit saggy & I could feel the springs so not the most comfortable bed!! Went to reception to grab more blankets which wasn't an issue.

Have stayed here before & have always found the staff helpful & obliging. Left our bags in storage for the morning-thank you for that. A short walk to the Queen Street Mall.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff were EXCELLENT. I felt really welcomed and cared for. The room was EXCELLENT. The bed was so comfortable and it I slept so well. I will stay there again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Elevators were slow. Had my room serviced but they attendant didn't always replace tea/coffee and toilet paper.

The accommodation was perfect.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Booked specifically with the hotel because an early check in was offered at time of booking (as per genius program) however then received an email after booking to say it was subject to availability. This was really disappointing as we were pushed for time to get to our event waiting for check in

Staff were friendly, room and bed were really comfortable

• Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

Whilst my partner accidentally brought the second key home with her, we were accused of putting some type of dent or hole in one of the walls. I've called and asked for pictures for evidence 4 times because I knew we didnt do it. I have not once had the email that I was promised 4 times. I sent the key back the day after and had no confirmation of that either. I'm now having to write to head office.

Great location. The gent on check in was friendly and professional.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The lift wasn’t working and we waited up to 30mins just to get downstairs. Also the deposit I paid was refunded incorrectly I paid a $75 deposit then the parking of $30 should of been deducted therefore refund owing should have been $45 I only received $30.45 and no explanation as to why. Really annoying.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Trying to find a car park when there were two entries and was only told to go into the left one and not told that there was also the right carpark.

The comfy bed and pillows were amazing :)

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The location was great being in the city centre, staff were lovely & so accommodating. Convenient having the option to reserve parking & was great for peace of mind too (i dnt like street parking). The room & balcony was such a great size! Just what we were looking for ; with a price that kept the bank accounts happy.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Only 30 minutes free wi-fi per 24 hours. Very unusual in this day and age having to pay for wi-fi. However, I understand that the Oaks offer free wi-fi packages if booking direct with them. More of a niggle really but towels in bathroom left on rails changed each day even though even though hotel instructions said to leave them on the rail if we didn't want them changed.

We asked for a high floor and were rewarded with an apartment on the 37th floor with a fantastic view towards the river. Lovely big apartment with good facilities. Super quick lifts. Staff at reception friendly, in particular the young Czech girl who was very chatty and helpful when we checked in. Great location in centre of CBD. Fantastic coffee shop next door (Kapsali) with lovely staff who do a superb breakfast. Even get free orange juice and fruit!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

False advertsing far from 4 star rating High price to pay for only the location Apartment was very old- dated Smelt stale Bed bugs Clothing rack old broken Bathroom bin broken No fan or Aircon in bedroom. Broken power switch in kitchen. The Cleaness was bad. Customer service was very basic- got better service at the pub.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Very limited free wifi. Wifi should not be used as a moneymaker anymore. Apartment fine, nothing special though. I was promised a final e-mail re payment to arrive in my inbox the same day. Now, 5 days later, nothing yet.....

Very convenient location for anything in Brisbane's CBD. Nice breakfast.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Not able to sit out on the balcony due to the height on the 22nd floor.

The facilities were excellent & the room was very spacious with kitchen & laundry room.

• One-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

The only thing was the power switch in kitchen was loose, not safe...

Staff so helpful, nothing was a problem. Pillows were luxury, large apartment Close to everything!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Great location. Excellent value for money and staff service was outstanding. Plenty of room in 1 bed apartment. Good kitchen/laundry facilities in room. Highly recommend for a Brisbane City stay.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Perhaps the traffic noise that escape from the open window even though that we stay at 19th floor. Remember to shunt them when u sleep.

The location is excellent and you have standard equipments for an hotel/apartment. We didn’t stay very long at Brisbane so couldn’t explore the swimming pool, but overall it’s worth of the money.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

the foul smell! very strong cleaning agent when we arrived, not properly maintained, the sink in the toilet is clogged up. Also we booked for 2 bedroom apartment for 3 guests. We asked additional key for the room and we needed to fill up name and signature that if we lost the other key, we will pay 300 dollars. Their key is not the electronic card key.

spacious apartment and very good location

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Unfriendly, abrupt & definitely unhelpful at check in (think it was the Manager too?) Noisy AC in room. Bedroom door wouldn't close. Condensation drip from ceiling to dining table. Staff delivered 2 clean pillowcases to room 4 hours after check in ???? Rang service desk for assistance as had few clothes ready in washing machine. & it wouldn't fill with water. Said would be right up. No one came in 2 hours before we checked out at 10am.

Pool & BBQ areas were excellent.Great location. Enjoyed the views from bedroom & balcony. Cleanliness. Security.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

complete mismatch between pictures online and reality of rooms. rooms are old and crappy ready for a refurb complete value for money mismatch Amenities worn, an almost antique washing machine

location, staff friendly lifts reasonably fast for an apartment building

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Centrally located. Coffee shop at the front door. Major shopping just around the corner. Taxi rank opposite. Big spacious room. Best bed and mattress that I have slept in. Bulk eateries nearby. Movie house next street.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The elevators seem to need some work done, a floor would be highlighted as if it was stopping there then it would just go past that floor etc. also the room was smaller than expected but that’s ok

Great location, nice place

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Room had a very bad smell to it. View wasn't nice. Dishes were still in the dishwasher when we checked in.

Location is great, close to dining, shops and entertainment. Bed was very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Lifts weren’t working - waited 5mins plus for a lift to the 6th floor. Used the fire stairs 4 times (the stairwells has a very unsavoury smell). My room only had 1 drinking glass. Quite a lot of scuffs and marks on the walls in the room.

Very simple check in process. Bed was comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It would have been nice to have a coffee maker instead of instant coffee but this seemed common at many places we stayed.

We had a huge room with a good kitchen and laundry facilities. We had a balcony with a great view and the bed was very comfortable.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The entry and exit buttons to the guests car park are not easy to locate. They need better signage

The car park was very easy to access as far as width of driveways and parking spaces

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Only 30 minutes of free WiFi every day.

The facilities offered are good, e.g. included gym access. The location is good for tourism and business customers.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our 2 bedroom apartment had main bathroom and an ensuite which exceeded our expectations. The room was very clean and the staff very friendly. The mall was within 2 blocks easy walking distance to all shops & Restaurants and only 15 minute stroll over to Southbank.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We twice requested a baby pillow, were told yes by staff, but it never arrived. A minor thing but annoying.

We enjoyed the big room, and comfy bed. The location was good and easy for pickup and drop off.

parking in the building

Staff were always pleasant and friendly - finding parking in the car park was a bit of a problem at times but I always found one in the end being right in the heart of the City was excellent

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Ensuite drawers broken, not enough seating in lounge for four people, not enough coffee/tea/milk for four people (only two portions of milk...really???)

Value, location, cleanliness

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Parkin fee is ok but didn’t get allocated to hote basement. I’ve been send to a secure car park at back of the hotel. So be aware of you travel with lots of carry on bags.

Location is good. Staffs were friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The room had an interesting smell, it unfortunately smelt like vomit. However, I’m sure this isn’t the case for all rooms.

Receptionist was very thorough and helpful. Room was a great size and had a great view. But above all, the bed was super comfy.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Staff member in the morning check out was rude! There was also empty alcohol bottles and unclean surfaces on the balcony when we checked in. Which wasnt a huge issue however youd expect the room to be properly cleaned everytime.

The view was spectacular and room was comfortable.

Nothing negative.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and understanding special when I had to delay our arrival for a week because of the illness of my wife with a penalty. The restaurant serve excellent food.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Sometimes when we stay the housekeeping in terms of cleanliness is not so good, but it isn't the end of the world.

We stay at Charlotte Towers every time we are in Brisbane from the north. WE like the location the staff and the apartments are very good.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The elevators were a little slow at times as some were down

The open space of the apartment which was modern clean classy yet simple. Good value for money

Browse Oaks Charlotte Towers traveller photo gallery