Reviews of Oaks Embassy 4.5 stars

96 North Terrace, Adelaide CBD, 5000 Adelaide, Australia

#55 of 91 Holiday rentals in Adelaide

4.9

Overall a great location for doing things in the city
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

Had a lot of trouble with the key cards. Had to get them recorded 4 times!! And this was both cards.Have had this trouble before and know to keep them away from our mobile phones. Very annoying when got back to hotel after concert at midnight... used key card to get into the building and to use elevator but couldn’t get into our room so had to go down to reception and wait to get someone to recode the key. And was made feel like it was our fault.

Location is great, always stay here when we need to do things in the CBD area

The fact that thay took two pay ments out of my bank and...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment - Bed and Breakfast

The fact that thay took two pay ments out of my bank and than when i torned up thay tired to take a another pay ment out the stuff should no what thay are doing and not ripping people off 😡

Nice big bathroom and comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The bond amount wasn’t specified at the time of booking so it was frustrating having funds taken which have a 5-10 business day return.

Nice big bathroom and comfortable bed. Beautiful large windows and the room was so clean.

We loved our stay in Adelaide.
    • Upgrade Special - Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

We liked the location and it was very quiet. Beds were super comfy. We loved the Coffee Club situated on ground level with a very affordable menu (instead of an overpriced hotel restaurant which is always out of our reach price wise).

Check in was diabolical. Far too many rules. Certainly not made to feel like a "guest".
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Being interrogated when checking in. Having to produce further "photo ID" and pay a security deposit when checking in, even though I had booked through Booking.com and they had my credit card details. The male receptionist with teeth missing could do with smartening up both his appearance and his attitude. The numerous references in the "Welcome Pack" to the threat of immediate eviction, being arrested and prosecution for "breaking the (comprehensive) list of rules" Having to pay for WiFi

The room was OK but the microwave took up all available bench space in the kitchenette and there was only 1 knife in the cutlery drawer.

Facilities in almost every Oaks Apartments I've stayed...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

If I was to make a review in every hotels I've stayed at around Australia, then i would be a known critique for it but I choose not to. The ONLY reason why i'm writing now is because there is a NEED for it. I left my bags in storage and got sick and didn

Facilities in almost every Oaks Apartments I've stayed in as well as in NSW and VIC is same and is always my preferred type of accommodation. As i'm a VERY frequent traveller, I know i'm always getting my money's worth with Oaks facilities.

Such a great place to stay, clean, modern and everything that I expected.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The tv in the bedroom wasn’t working, I was really looking forward to relaxing in bed and watching the tv, but it wasn’t to be.

My room was just spotless, lovely and quiet and had everything I needed.

I thought the Deluxe 1 bedroom Apt was bigger due to the...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

I thought the Deluxe 1 bedroom Apt was bigger due to the Photos Displayed on booking.com More Accurate Photos of Room types should be Updated for future Customers.

Its located to everything close
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Booking.com don’t say whether it’s car park fully booked or not so called the hotel before booking for car park

Before booking make sure to book a car park if you driving. We got told it was full until we check in and couldn’t cancel the booking at the reception. the guy on the reception was rude didn’t remember his name.

The room was huge and was in an incredible location.
    • Upgrade Special - Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

The rooms were a lovely size though I feel as though the housekeeping could of paid a little closer to detail. Our glasses had lipstick marks on them and we only had 1 mug in a 3 bedroom apartment. We ordered some mugs from the lovely reception and just hand washed our glasses. Same goes for the carpets, I just feel as though they were not thoroughly vacuumed.

The room was huge and was in an incredible location. We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment for 2 nights and we had a beautiful view! The coffee club downstairs was great for needing a coffee on the go.

Nice location but would not recommend to others.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The bedroom had marks all over the wall. The roller was broken under the bed and the mounted TV would not stay in place. The bathroom was tiny and not well kept. The shower grout did not appear to have been cleaned in a long time. The towel rails and toilet roll holder were badly worn. The paintwork was sloppy (multiple places where paint was on the tiles ) and there were scuff marks on the walls. The folding doors for the 'laundry' did not sit flat, so didnt close properly. You had to walk around them or push them in to get past into the rest of the apartment. Floors were not clean

The hotel was in a good location- everything in the CBD within walking distance.

This is the second time we have stayed at the Oaks Embassy and we will be back.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Location of power point behind microwave - difficult when changing toaster to kettle.. Require light switch at entry to bathroom from bedroom. There were glass slithers on kitchen floor.

Great location. Comfortable bed. Well laid out unit. Quiet-no interfering noise. Excellent room service.

Very clean.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Don’t have anything negative other than I wished I don’t have to leave

Very clean. Room was immaculate Coffee club downstairs made lovely eggs Benedict Close to entertainment Very quiet

When we arrived they said we did not have a booking.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

They didn’t have our booking. Was embarrassed lucky we had condfirmation number

When we arrived they said we did not have a booking. I had confirmation in which they found us a room.

It was a terrific stay, great staff, very modern facilities and a great coffee shop on the premises.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The tv in the loungeroom wouldn't work properly, so I had to watch tv in the bedroom. I reported it to reception.

I had a very quiet room with lots of space and a great balcony to eat out on. I loved having The Coffee Club on the premises and 24 hour reception.

The bed was very comfortable and staff were friendly.

Unfortunately all of us were given rooms with an awful view - a wall, gutters etc. I would have thought given we booked two apartments and we were staying for 3 nights we could have had nicer rooms. Everything else was fine.

The bed was very comfortable and staff were friendly.

The bed was so comfortable
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Didn’t like that there was no car parks left and had to park in public car park. I had a doc app so I was in and out and overall cost me an extra $40 on top of my stay😟

The bed was so comfortable

We picked the location because of the Adelaide Convention Centre, it fitted that purpose perfectly.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The middle lift was out of order for the entire time causing inconvenient delays to all guests There were ants in the kitchen.

The layout of the room was very good with plenty of space The maintenance man fixed a very noisy bathroom exhaust fan promptly

Overall fine for one night only
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Stayed in 2 bed apartment with husband and 55 year old daughter. Mostly good except for the bathroom - smallest we have ever had and definitely not big enough for three adults. Approx size 2m x 2m one person bathroom only. Not good Also lifts not good with cards.

Hotel is in a good position and very clean.

Staff helpful.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Room not "hotel" clean. Furnishings tired. Mix with other accom. in building "The Loft Apartments" hardly a seamless one. House coffee shop - Coffee ??? - Average - go for a walk.

Staff helpful. Location

Go Oaks! Another easy and no-fuss hotel experience.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The location was great, and as always the room was clean. Everything works and there’s always plenty of room. The staff were amazing - I needed 2 single beds for my 2 teenage sons and I they went way and beyond to make this happen easily for me as a guest.

Great Spot for business trips!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Directly opposite the convention center so great for events and shows. Big spacious balcony was a nice and unexpected bonus. Apartments were clean and spacious. Staff were lovely and even remembered us by name!

Never staying at this property ever again discusting establishment with no regard for its guests
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The fact that i was woken by two police officers at 4am in the morning stating they had a complaint of a disturbance. When i asked stafg at the frsk he said he didnt know what went on because he wasn't there no appoligy just bad luck discusting service and rude staff

The hotel reception morning callus: Pack and go now, otherwise we going to charge later fee!

Northing

We check in at early morning 2:00am they staff tell us we can check out before 2:00pm on the same day, but I told the gentleman 12:00 am should be fine for us we can get ready check out on that time. At 10:40am room phone call ring from the Reception one of man he said: it’s almost 11:00am now you have to check out now, but I told him we just check in early morning at 2:00am and hotel staff told us we can check out after 12 :00clock and before 2:0pm at same date, and I said to him we should be ready in one hour to check out, give us bit time we can check out before 12:00am, What happen next is the reception man didn’t listen and he said to me: you have to leaveing now, some one is waiting for your room otherwise we will charge your later fee! OMG OMG I was so Surprised he said this!! but I told him we should be ready to check out before 12:00am. He was so Barbarian Rude said to me: Pack and go now!! and hand up the phone!! I was so shocking I never hear this talking when I book with any hotel. I can not believe it how can they employee this staff working at hotel!! How can be this staff working at front desk for hotel service!! ! feel very Disappointed!!This is a discrimination against me and an unfair treatment!!

pleasant and quite comfortable, very quiet
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

there wasnt enough hangars in the wardrobe, no microwave, 3 dining chairs for 4 people

the beds were comfy, great shower. Great location near footy oval, convention centre, casino, tram and railway. Rundell Mall close by. public car park next door and coffee club on ground floor

Overall I was quite disappointed with our stay
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Had to wait in the lobby for over 25 minutes after check in (along with at least another 30 guests) as only ONE of the three elevators was working and there was apparently no other way up to our room. When I asked if there were stairs we were told that the stairs were for emergency use only so the door to each floor could only be opened from the other side. With more ppl checking in, the number of people waiting in the lobby grew the crowd started to become restless as the one functioning elevator only opened it’s doors on the ground level once in the 25 minutes we were waiting. Eventually a staff member lead a pack of about 20 of us up the emergency stairs, opening the door to each floor with a special pass. Although I was grateful that at least we weren’t waiting around in the lobby anymore, carrying a suitcase up 6 floors was not fun. When we got into the room, I was disappointed to find that it had a rather dank smell to it. Had to open up the balcony door to air it out. Then when I went into the bathroom I discovered that BOTH light globes had blown! Knowing that there would be a VERY long wait for maintenance considering they wouldn’t have a way up to the room, I had to take a working light globe from ceiling in the kitchen and change it myself so we could at least use the toilet. Would have thought that blown globes would have been noticed by the cleaning crew considering there is no window in the bathroom and some form of light would have been needed in order to clean it properly😬

The location was perfect as we were a short walk from bars and restaurants. Bed was comfortable.

excellent thank you all, enjoyed my stay.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Lift are slow, air conditioner unit blows hot air when sitting on balcony as they do.

Facilities were good, Breakfast was superb. car parking good, nice stay at the oaks embassy Thank you.

Not as good as other franchises I’ve stayed at.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Did not have curtains in room, obviously missing, only sheer ones, sunlight was very strong in afternoon. Last guests toothbrush on top of shower rail, hair in shower cubicle. No shampoo bottle. Tv completely unplugged in lounge, bedroom television didn’t work. Staff were excellent.

Comfortable bed.

Will stay here again.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Dishwasher didn’t work unfortunately . Not enough in kitchen to cook with or detergent etc. but stove was awesome. .

It was very nice. Clean & quiet.

A male reception meeting was extremely rude.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

A male reception meeting was extremely rude. The place overall is very tired. Ridulous prices for internet. Mostly my negative stay was impacted by the rude staff member

Location was excellent.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

Location was excellent. Being close to public transport is great. Reasonable close to the airport. People were very friendly. Would defiantly come back.

Excellent - First choice when I'm in Adelaide for work.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Wi-Fi as part of the hotel package.

Great location; very convenient with the Coffee Club downstairs. I like the fact I can keep my car parked there until my conference finishes.

Cheap and cheerful in a good location
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

No door on the laundry, broken door under sink in kitchen. information about putting rubbish out was poorly displayed and should be made more obvious

Size of the apartment, bed comfort

Quite lovely, spacious rooms - good value for money.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

There was no pen or paper to write with when I needed to jot something down. Sounds trivial, but was frustrating at the time because you come to expect these things from a reputable establishment. Free wifi for 30 minutes, one device only. This is lousy in this day and age. One of the male receptionists was condescending towards me - when I asked him if there was a separate pick-up point for Uber cars as opposed to taxis, he did a big eye roll. Obviously he has never been to the USA, where this is always the case.

Spacious and great facilities. The location is fantastic - restaurants, shopping and free tram at your doorstep. A very short walk to the beautiful Torrens River, Adelaide Oval, and of course...the Casino. And for the art lovers, the State Gallery is just a block away.

Good location, close to where I had to go. Disappointed to having my headphones disappear
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The smelly first room we were in. The staff put some air freshener in there and I waited a while, with the doors open and the exhaust fans working but no improvement, Later they relocated us to another room. The second thing was the losing of my noise cancelling headphones, given to me by my children. These were in a briefcase that didn't leave the room. I didn't discover the loss until I was at the airport. These were an good Bose set and my children were not happy with me. One rang the hotel but they dismissed it. Not impressed!

The location and some of the staff who worked on getting rid of a bad odour in the original apartment.

I asked the lady on the front counter as to whether this was...
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

I asked the lady on the front counter as to whether this was a nice room as we had our friends from the UK visiting us in Australia. She just smiled and said yes. When we got up to the room the windows faced blank walls which was disappointing. Would have been nice if we were a couple of floors higher to enable us to show of our beautiful city to friends who have come along way.

TERRIBLE. NEVER AGAIN
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Broken backed chair in room Fithy windows including on deck Dishwasher we thought was going to blow up Needed earmuffs when bathroom fan turned on What looked like rust in bottom of kettle Cigarette burns in carpet We booked 8 months earlier and they took and used our money all that time and we were charged as much as people with a view. We had no view Terrible outlay of room I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN They also ripped off other people who booked in 8 months prior

Comfortable stay and good location.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Furnishings a little tired, but staff responded v quickly to any issue we had. We were given Wi-fi, but understand that this is not routinely free for guests- it should be! Also - a small thing, but please provide a cafetière, as otherwise the flat was reasonably well equipped! Thanks

Large, comfortable room, reasonably equipped. V good location. Friendly, helpful staff.

Amazing
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

I absolutely loved our one night stay. It was a spur of the moment decision to have a night away & I was so happy with our beautiful room. The balcony overlooking Adelaide oval was beautiful. The room was clean, modern & comfortable. The late night check in was easy & the staff were lovely. I would definitely stay again.

a nice little getaway right in the heart of the city!
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

the couch was like sitting on a rock and we couldn’t find a bottle opener when we needed one

the bed was really comfy and the air con worked beautifuly!

Being a time share owner I have stayed at a lot of apartment your facilities are very disappointing.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

There were no cups plates or cooking utensils in the kitchen. There was 1 knife, 1 fork, 2 spoons and 4 teaspoons in an apartment that sleeps 4. Only 2 towels. There was a broom head no handle and a mop with no sponge on it to use.When I rang down to reception they tried to blame prior guests for there not being any cutlery in the room, not a good excuse considering the room needs to be cleaned and restocked before the next guests arrive It is obvious that the rooms are not properly serviced before guests arrive which is very disappointing considering what you charge. Money was deduct without prior notice which put my account into overdraft.

The balcony and room to move around

Value for money
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

The lifts kept jamming and the windows are not glazed so you could hear the nightclub until 5 am

Location to great restaurants and transport The size of the apartment was great

Our second stay and we will be back so that really says it all
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

No face washers and Coffee Club closed at 8pm The tea bags were awful But overall those things are quite minor but you did ask

Staff went out off their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible Very helpful in every way Excellent location and beautiful apartment

Great location but a little overpriced for what you get.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

That we were going to be charged for not emptying the trash before we left. First time I have ever stayed somewhere and had to do that-and for the price I paid to stay there it should most definitely have been included! There was a Jacuzzi in our bathroom but there was no plug and it didn't work which was disappointing.

It's close proximity to the city centre and the view we had was fantastic.

It has good location and parking facility
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

We booked one bedroom unit, we got two-bedroom unit with the master bedroom locked. Our room was the small one and has no window, no view which the other room has.

It has good location and parking facility

Excellent accommodation in city centre Adelaide
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Excellent location near Convention Centre, main shopping area and river. Our one bedroom apartment was extremely well laid out and appointed. Shower was excellent and bed really comfortable. Parking on site a bit expensive but it is city centre. Staff were very helpful with any requests we had. Highly recommend.

Great location, excellent facilities, very helpful staff and magical air con in 42degree heat!
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only bummer was sometimes the room cards stopped working, which made it difficult when pulling into the garage to park. Not a major problem, the card just needed to refresh a few times. Perhaps an intercom at the garage door would solve any problems like this? Overall a minor issue.

Excellent location, great swimming pool and the balcony was awesome overlooking the oval and North Terrace. On-site parking was excellent and coffee club cafe within was a treat. Excellent air-con with the adelaide heat and reception staff were always helpful.

Perfect location for a conference at the Convention Centre.

All good

Perfect location for a conference at the Convention Centre. We just walked across the road. 24 hour car park for $20 which was a bargain. Walking distance from lots of good restaurants for dinner. Great breakfast at the restaurant in hotel

Ok but only with the room change
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

We complained about the room provided as it wasn’t like the pictures and the view was of a car park wall. The fan in the bathroom was also so loud we couldn’t use it at night. We were staying 6 nights so put up with this room for 2 nights but was upgraded for the remaining 4.

The staff were really helpful.

Poor service, alright hotel with alright views depending on floor level
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Asked for a room upgrade, at the time of request the requested room was available, a reply was recieved 4 days later saying that it wasn't available. I had also requested a higher floor with my available room many times but was given a bottom floor in the corner behind a brick wall building. Very rude attendant at the counter (white male), also a nice attendent who extended our checkout time by 1 hr.

The room we stayed in was beautiful, the view was amazing.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was a let down that the spa was out of use and we weren't informed about it. And I think it would be excellent if they were to drop the price abit.

The room we stayed in was beautiful, the view was amazing. The pool and sauna was really nice too.

The property was nice but a bit grubby I had stayed in...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

It could have been cleaner

The property was nice but a bit grubby I had stayed in glenelg in oaks liberty towers and it was amazing I was expecting the same level of cleanliness

Great place to stay but definitely make sure you get the room you thought you booked
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was expecting a view from my balcony but all I got was a brick wall Also the exhaust fan and light were in one switch and that thing was so loud Also the outdoor area was very very dirty on the screens kind of needed a hose down

The location is great very central to most things

Couldve found better, beware parking availability and building repairs.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Parking frustration as nothing available even though advises it is available in the advertisements. Building work late in the evening without notice to guests and slow action to stop the drilling/hammering. Disappointing view of 100m high concrete wall!

Location is ok as near bus routes and medium walk from the CBD. Foyer was clean and building is secure.

still a great experience
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

shower needed to be sealed properly as water came out of the bottom and pooled in the middle of room. Staff were nice enough, but some of them were hard to understand, and talked way to fast.

room was great, view excellent, close to everything

Adequate
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

In a two bedroom apartment there should be enough dining and outdoor chairs to accommodate four people. I think breakfast should be included at $234 per night. Or at least some vouchers for the cafe. Holding the full room price + $75 on a credit card seems excessive. Parking is expensive.

Bed was comfortable

A great place to stay in Adelaide.
    • Upgrade Special - Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

A second bathroom would have been good, but that's extremely picky!

Great location, close to everything in the city, great shower pressure and comfortable bed. Fully equipped kitchen in a two bedroom apartment

For our one night stay it was very convenient.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

As we entered the apartment we could detect a slight odor in the bedroom/bathroom area. We then found out it was probably due to the bathroom sink being clogged up (looked like hair) and not draining freely. One would think that the cleaning staff would have reported this!! Also, we didn't really like the fact that the bedroom was in the centre of the apartment and therefore had no windows that could be opened for fresh air. Having said that, if they fix the bathroom sink the apartment is fine.

Location is fantastic, bed was comfy and full kitchen facilities are a bonus if you are staying for an extended period. As we were only there for one night, the Coffee Club on the ground floor was excellent for our evening meal and breakfast

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, staff very helpful but some facilities need to be upgraded.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Shower not adjustable for a smaller person to prevent hair getting wet. More coat hangers needed for a longer stay. Bathroom quite dark, needed better lighting above mirror.

The bed was very comfortable. Clean towels etc were provided regularly. Quiet during night and early morning, no traffic noise to disturb sleep so location good in this respect. Having the Coffee Club close by was very convenient, prices reasonable.

3 star experience from us, comfortable but a little dated and worn around the edges.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

Paying for limited space car parking to find that there isn’t any vacant parking spots. Having to exit the car park and drive down the road to ring the hotel. Perhaps the staff could be a little bit mindful of the fact that if there are 20 car parks and there are 20 guests paying for car parking then that - zero car parks for the staff to use.

Comfy bed and pillows

pay for extra bed for 5 people booking.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

pay for extra bed for 5 people booking. asked for higher level. didn't get it asked to separate beds from queen to 2 singles house keeping had already left at 3pm

Faboulous facility & location. Wonderful helpful staff
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

No I can’t think of any thing.

We had an executive 3 BRM unit, Location middle of the city, ample room for all family, entertaining and business. Staff professional and accommodating resolving any issues. Amazing views from the top. Air conditioning very good.

Very enjoyable stay
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

No room service on Christmas and limited on Boxing day. (But we fully understand the reasoning behind it)

Good size unit with lovely large balcony Awesome bathroom Quiet and excellent location

Wouldn’t let me amend the booking despite the extenuating...
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wouldn’t let me amend the booking despite the extenuating circumstances (emergency hospitalisation) so had to pass on the booking to a relative. Staff weren’t helpful to any of us. Internet was apparently $36 for 24 hours - ridiculous. Wouldn’t recommend.

Comfortable and convenient
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff were slow to respond to additional requests in the room, possibly because they were short staffed when we arrived.

Comfortable and clean. Staff were friendly,good location an easy walk into central Adelaide

I hate And I dissapointed with This accomodation iam not happy :(
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff not friendly with me Then We have argum And have Miss comunication Very disappoited to stay at This accomodation Thats Why I left in another day And book another hotel And I already pay full for 5 day at This hotel And I lost my money about $600 I left Because Iam not comfortable The staff (guy staff) I ask for fresh towel But He think I didnt say that How Stupid is that??? I ask for 2 time But since I arrive And Check in He Look like a shit He talk But He didnt Look at me at all How rude is that? Very dissapointed now my question is Is posible I have a money back?? Cause I Just stay Just 1 night Not 5 night Thanks :(

Lokasi bagus

Awesome
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Fantastic clean large 2 Bed appartment. Staff where friendly an very prompt with the service when we encountered a couple of issues. Fantastic highly recommend

Disappointing.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

Having stop in a manual car on a steep hill to swipe a card which didn’t work to get into the dingy carpark was terrible. Why isn’t the card swipe at the bottom of the short hill? Also, the swipe cards didn’t work most of the time in the elevator and the spa bath didn’t work at all which was a main reason for booking the room. Also the remotes for both TVs barely worked half the time.

good stay!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

needed more option of pillows and lighting in the bathroom over the mirror was poor for putting on make up - it created a shadow over your face. Needs better lighting in the bathroom

good location and like the balcony on the room. Good size for 2 people!

I stayed for two nights and found the apartment clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Crockery and cutlery sets should be kept to original numbers by replacing when there are losses or breakages. Wifi should be free, not just for 30 minutes per day, but for the entire stay. This would be in keeping with other apartment hotels in Australia that I have stayed in during the past twelve months. It would be great if the tap water was filtered as the taste was quite unpleasant. These are relatively minor inconveniences but would make a difference.

The apartment was comfortable and met expectations and needs.

The staff members were friendly and polite, no food available for late arrivals , sleazy Str
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

The kitchen was just ok the couch fabrics was rough and some comfy cushions would have been nice. The rest of the hotel was gloomy and dated.The

The bed and pillows were fantastically comfortable.

A convenient place to stay for one night, but we will not be staying again. A lot of room for improv
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Rude staff on arrival. Lack of parking. No face towel in bathroom. Double beds made into a queen. Very bad view of the city

Convenient location. Clean. Decent size room

Would have liked explanation how to access the car park from...
    • Upgrade Special - Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

Would have liked explanation how to access the car park from apartment. Could use signage in lift showing which floor car park is located. I requested a car park and was informed there were no car park available upon arrival not before. I didn’t understand how I was able to park in oaks car park during the day but was told to park at the public car next door at night. I was charged 1.5 percent using my debit card. The amount charged was not refunded. I was told the amount could not be refunded and I didn’t understand the explanation.

Terrible Service
    • Upgrade Special - Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment - Unserviced

Staff members were extremely rude and were not helpful what so ever. I will discontinue to stay at this establishment and will no longer recommend to others. Horrible experience with a worker at 2am, after a night out. We were not intoxicated whatsoever as we had just explored the city and grabbed something to eat as we have finished all our schooling. We made our way up to our room, with intentions to be quiet and mindful of others, however we were stuck in the elevator at level 5 and seeked emergency help and rang the alarm. Once we made it to ground floor, a specific male worker said “everyone out of the elevator NOW” He took away my keycard to see what was wrong with it and further continued to be rude and threaten to evict myself and my friends out of our room if we made a single noise. We were also told “to go straight to sleep” once we got to our room. there were only 4 people staying in the room including myself, all respectful adults who have manners and are aware that there are others staying in the hotel. Although we are young adults ranging from 18-19, there was no need to treat us like we were mindless as we were felt like we were not guests. Never returning ever again. Not worth the $600+ we paid for, as some parts of the room were damaged as well.

The Room was Nice and in a great spot.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment

Check in was poor and more needs to be advise that customers visa if not debt card will be turned away. Every poor practice.

The Room was Nice and in a great spot.

Browse Oaks Embassy traveller photo gallery