2. Australia hotel reviews
  3. Queensland hotel reviews
  4. Gold Coast hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Palazzo Versace

Reviews of Palazzo Versace This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Sea World Drive, Main Beach, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#66 of 127 hotels in Gold Coast

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

I enjoyed it ,overall very happy
    • Superior King Room

DINNER AT THE BAR,LE JARDIN DINNER.MY WIFE AND I WERE GIVEN IDENTICAL MENU BUT ONE WITH HIGHER PRICES,UNACCEPTABLE

VERY GOOD ROOM APART FROM A HEATING /AIRCON CONTROL UNIT WHICH IS WELL PAST ITS USE BY DATE,NEEDS TO BE UPGADED

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Nice Hotel
    • Superior King Room

Wasnt a big fan of the frosted type glass which separated the shower and toilet facilities. Water seemed to run out into the sink area.

Facilities are great. Room was spacious enough with a nice large bed. Breakfast selection was pretty good and although there was a slight queue, it was well managed and worth the wait. Check in/out was seemless.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Bipolar... some excellent points but overshadowed by the negative experiences. Not a 5 star stay.

One of the concierge gentleman ignored my request to assist me with placing my luggage into my car and when asked he completely ignored me and it was left up to myself and another concierge. The day befor eKaran was amazing but Paige in the restaurant for breakfast stood behind her station and hardly collected the dirty plates etc from the diners. It was once again left up to a more professional waitstaff member to assist. This was very disappointing and I will not be going back to Versace.

The Versace property is good and some of the staff were fantastic but this was overshadowed by some staff members and the property is looking a bit tired.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Amazing hotel really is worth it for the extra bit of luxury.
    • Lagoon King Room

Nothing that I can think of - definitely worth staying at!

Amazing hotel really is worth it for the extra bit of luxury. Fantastic breakfast, outstanding lobby and facilities plus great attention to detail and special touches.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

A special anniversary night that the hotel made extra special.
    • Lagoon Double Room

The room on the night was not quiet due to family noise above us.

The Guest Services Staff were friendly helpful and able to meet all my needs. A special treat was provided after I mentioned our wedding anniversary celebration. The breakfast was very good but busy. The pool cabana package was a cool experience. In room dining food was delicious and good value.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Ok but for a 5 * i paid to much money
    • Superior King Room

The aircon in the room was unfortunately not working correctly So we couldn’t sleep Very well due to being so hot. Also the room was looking a little tired for a 5* The pool floor needed cleaning and the corridor carpets were stained and needed replacing

The pool coming up to the room was lovely, the staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Close to the beach.
    • Lagoon King Room

Interior is becoming worn out - carpets and walls and furniture show signs of age and need replacing. The buffet for breakfast is understaffed- very little service provided and the staff are not up to the standard of an exclusive 5 star hotel. The food/juices are also of the “budget” quality. It feels as if the hotel is run on a razor thin budget with little reinvestment into the property/quality of service. It has significantly declined in the quality of experience to what it used to be in the past.

Close to the beach. Comfortable bed. Good food at Vanita’s restaurant.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Very nice but better value for money elsewhere.
    • Superior King Room

Poor value for money. Expensive compared to similar hotels. Every little thing extra we asked for such as an extra cup of coffee at breakfast we ad to pay for.

Nice and quiet

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Staff were really wonderful, bed was awesome!
    • Superior King Room

We got a room of the driveway which was really disappointing as I did ask for a room with a nice view when I booked weeks in advance as the stay was for a special occasion.

Staff were really wonderful, bed was awesome! Very nice feel.

Not worth the money
    • Lagoon King Room

I was overall really disappointed with the property. People that have rated this place higher have most likely not travelled very often. I could have spent my money at a much nicer place. I won’t be going back and definitely not recommending friends/family. The bathrooms were just ok...but there is not curtain/door between the room and bathroom The room looked worn out...and I didn’t even want to sit on the couch, it looked filthy. I honestly do not think this place should be rated 5 star.

Best part of this was I was only here for 2 days....I couldn’t wait to leave. It was just ok, nothing to me stood out. Just because it’s called Versace does not mean anything. It looks like none of the furniture/carpets/rooms have been steam cleaned since it has opened. You could actually see the difference in colour of the fabric when you look at the bottom of the seating compared to the top where everyone is sitting.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

A neat experience, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Luxurious, elegant, but not OTT !
    • Lagoon King Room

Maybe a bifold door, shutters or similar, in between the bathroom and bedroom? We had a Lagoon View Room which was very comfortable, but the Bedroom/Bathroom layout is not good if you want to wake and shower etc at different times

Beautiful surroundings - the standard of the decor, the design. Staff are excellent - welcoming, friendly, attentive, helpful.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Very disappointing as I stood on broken glass in the room.
    • Lagoon Double Room

I cut my foot on a shard of glass that was on the floor in the bedroom. A second shard of glass was found by the TV unit. The hotel was notified and a staff member was sent up to take a report and provide a band-aid.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

A one-off experience

Lack of info at check in ( free breakfast/ boutique etc) Very poor lighting in bathroom Carpet in hallways dirty Turndown service at 9.30 pm way to late Poor service around pool (food/drink)

WAnted to experience the Versace concept

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Average, wont be going back in a hurry

Service was lacking in some areas, hotel is quite run down and in need of a refresh . A lot of areas are looking tired.

The buffet breakfast was excellent, great selection of sweet and savory.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Lovely place, looking a little tired, but noise from renovating soured my stay
    • Superior King Room

Noise from renovation in restaurant below, carpark was like a rabbit Warren, phone for in room dining didn’t work properly.

Property is pretty and room had good ambience with nice appointment

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

You must stay here even if it is only once in your life
    • Superior King Room

Some of the flooring and furnishings were showing wear and tear since my last visit. It was also incredibly uncomfortable and disappointing being stalked by the salesperson in the boutique, as a hotel guest regardless of outward appearance we should be allowed to peruse the store, I feel if I was carrying one my couture bags wearing my couture clothing she would have been much nicer, however I was wearing an Australian designer with a card in my pocket because my handbags were in my luggage as I had just checked out, I felt like I was Julia Roberts in ‘Pretty Woman’ very insulting to be judged by someone who’s net worth is likely to be far less than your own that was the only upsetting part of the whole experience.

Stunning property, every detail is always beautiful take a moment to appreciate Gianni Versace’s vision and attention to detail, the service from the hotel staff is always amazing, it lived up to my husbands expectations, my favourite pool on the Gold Coast, the food in the restaurant and at breakfast is just delicious. If you cannot afford to stay, you must pop in for high tea, or to have dinner in the restaurants.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Great for a mini honeymoon
    • Lagoon King Room

Our spa was faulty on the first night but they transferred us to another room and spolied us with chocolate fondou great service

The service was outstanding. Room maintenance was phonomemal. We loved everything.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Palazzo Versace
    • Two Bedroom Condominium - Rooftop

We stayed in a ro rooftop Condominium with spa which was nice. Versace took 1nights accommodation fee in advace. Then Versace took the full amount of my stay upon arrival after I clearly stated that I would pay upon my departure. When I discovered the money missing from my credit card, I asked them to reverse tge transaction. They refused. Then upon checkout, Versace took the full amount from my credit card again, stating that the 'hold' on the prior amount would come off on approximately 7 days. Who takes more than double the payment amount???

Facilities

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

I would recommend as a place to stay.
    • Superior King Room

Some of the sun beds and cabanas, which were for hire around the lagoon needed replacing, and the floor area needed to be cleaned. However the pool was very clean and service around the pool was very good.

The attention to detail in the hotel was excellent and the food and sevice was outstanding.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Lovely for 2 days
    • Superior King Room

Staff not very friendly some so sour faced have travelled a lot and these staff were the worse

Beautiful swimming pool though water a little cold nice surroundings

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

There is a simple classy ambiance
    • Lagoon King Room

The name and quality do not match up. The hotel needs a dramatic renovation and facelift. I stayed 15 years ago and nothing has changed . Not the pictures in the corridors the carpet is the same but stained and the dinning chairs are all dirty and has tears throughout. There used to be a scent of Versace through the corridors now there is a scent of Asian cooking. Pricey compared to the lack of quality.

There is a simple classy ambiance

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Beautiful hotel, good beds, Beautiful pool area.

They deduct 300 dollar as a deposit from my account and I had to wait 1,5 weeks before I got it back, At first they also didn’t replied on my emails about this issue, I had to call them before they took is serious, Not a 5 star mentality. The breakfast is not of a 5 star hotel standard, Also the hotel could use a refurbished, It’s quite old, Especially the hall ways.

Beautiful hotel, good beds, Beautiful pool area.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Convenient but looking tired
    • Lagoon King Room

Too pricey given what it is. Can get better ocean views for cheaper on the GC.

The bath and the floors but given they based it on fashion icons 20+ years ago it’s looking a bit tired. Views are good but not ocean

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Good Value, comfortable and great service
    • Superior King Room

Not much, as I said only the balcony could have been cleaned.

Room was excellent however, we found cigarette butts on the balcony which is why I marked down cleanliness. Breakfast was excellent and the Airport Limmo service was also convenient and good value as arranged by concierge.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Good hotel but for the price it should be better
    • Lagoon King Room

The room had a broken towel rail above the toilet. Room facilities need to be upgraded as they are not 5*, the TV did not have HD and was around 10 years old, there was no speaker for a phone which is generally standard these days and there was no coffee machine in the room (just a kettle) which is fine for a basic hotel but not a high end hotel. Carpets in the hallway are also stained and need replaced which took away from the overall look of the property.

The bed was very comfortable and the jacuzzi bath was awesome. The reception and in room dining staff were pleasant and very attentive. The pool area is nice also. Overall had a nice relaxing stay.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Breakfast was good and the ease of not having to do anything...
    • Lagoon Double Room

I think that there was a lack of staff at the pool area the staff that were there did a great job but was very slow in service

Breakfast was good and the ease of not having to do anything but just relax

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Unpleasant because of Illness and lack of help.

They need a Dr on call. I became very ill and they were no help. The fruit at breakfast was hard and sour. The pool was lovely but way too cold.

The reception area. Afternoon tea.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Great facilities
    • Superior King Room

No mention of 15% service charge for in room dining when ordering. Makes it hard for first timers to under stand when the bill arrives.

Great facilities

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

BAD EXPERIENCE OVERALL
    • Superior King Room

Paid 3 night stay at $499 per night Friday12th Oct – Mon 15th Oct 2018 Room : King Superior Check in (BAD EXPERIENCE) Greeted at reception and given swipe key cards for the room, with no mention of guest facilities available to us On Arrival at room (BAD EXPERIENCE) The toilet light wasn't working, The vanity tap fell off . The King Bed head structure was broken on a lean and held together by Bluetac. One of the spa bath jets didn't work. The air-conditioning was set to cold 20 degrees on arrival and was faulty. We advised room service (early evening) when they came to ask if everything was ok and was told they would contact maintenance.(5 hours later)still waiting. (Next day still no one came) When I called reception... much later a Manager called our room and we were told we should've called them earlier. For all the issues we had ,a personal visit to our room by a Manager perhaps would’ve been more professional. The Buffet Dinner.(BAD EXPERIENCE) Not what we expected for $99 per person in what is hyped up to be a 5 star Hotel ( Basic Buffet) felt we were ripped off. Check out (BAD EXPERIENCE) Overcharged for items on our bill , there was no assistance offered with our luggage on departure. We Travel frequently and stay at many hotels and believe in being reasonable when it comes to expectations. On this occasion we had stayed and booked with our friends for the 3 nights who also had trouble with their room on arrival. Room service throughout their stay as well. The reason for choosing the “ Palazzo Versace Hotel on the Gold Coast “ was to celebrate 2 of our Birthday’s Overall a BAD EXPERIENCE, one that no guest should have to put up with at all. Doing the right thing by customers A all expenses paid repeat weekend with service and exceptional professional attention may be the only thing that would change the way we thought about This Hotel.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Ok but not great
    • Superior King Room

Attention to detail, and make you feel valued from staff was not to the standard I would expect. Having travelled all over Australia this would not be a place I would rush back to. Bedrooms bit dated. Air-con was noisy.

Lobby and hotel generally are decorated with a certain flair.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Bed was so comfy !
    • Superior Suite

A few paint chips and marks on our furniture, scuffs on the wood flooring Rooms are beginning to age and need a repaint to maintain the standard expected of a hotel of this star rating and price range

Bed was so comfy ! Staff are exceptional and friendly excellent buffet breakfast

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Versace
    • Two Bedroom Condominium - Pool

Our plunge pool temperature was too hot & the pool light was constantly flickering on & off so we had to turn it off & swim in darkness

Such a fabulous & grand resort the images & architecture are very impressive! Our condo was luxurious & excessive! Highly recommend!!

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Very enjoyable loved the ambience and furnishings and staff

Buffet breakfast was extremely busy and not relaxing at all couldn't get into some restaurants as many weddings and birthdays etc

Staff were friendly and helpful surroundings in the foyer and pool areas luxurious room was quiet and roomy

My Versace stay.
    • Lagoon King Room

Very disappointed that my booking was for 3 people but the hotel only catered for 2. Don't know who was to blame. Service was excellent and they did their best, but for $659 for one night I would have expected it to be the right booking. Plus there was not enough milk for 3people to make tea in our room same problem again and when I requested more milk they said that will be $5 extra. Not happy AND the milk never came!!!

This is a luxury hotel service is excellent. But very overpriced.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

It is a beautiful hotel. Sometimes you feel less important to those staying in Suites.
    • Lagoon King Room

I did not like the in room phone call I received on the 26th September regarding the room rate that I was originally quoted. I had spoken to the young lad who was very helpful but then received a phone call from a Supervisor (not Michelle, who was fantastic) She spoke over the top of me and argued with me about the reason for her call. I told her that I had already spoken with a member of staff about her call and we resolved nothing. I was in the right regarding the account as this is what I was quoted orginally. I then received excellent service from Michelle Cooper the following day who did all the right things towards our situation. My husband was had to ride in a scooter due to poor balance and other medical concerns and when we stopped for a drink in the bar area a customer made a loud comment 'that shouldn't be allowed'. Meaning the scooter should not be there. She was staying in the Suite building, brown bob hair, tall, skinny and sad looking. Always complaining about something to the lovely staff who put on a brave face. The room we stayed in looked a little tired but it was comfortable and the bed was amazing.

The foyer area was beautiful and lovely pool. Lovely breakfast and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Avoid this hotel - it's a horrendous rip off!!!
    • Superior King Room

• On our first night, we could not sleep due to noise from a wedding downstairs. We complained & were told we would be moved for the next wedding on the following Saturday night. When it came around we were then told that the hotel was now full and instead we were offered ear plugs! • the 60-meter swimming pool is freezing! I got in once but there was no way the kids would go in. • air con in our room broke • tv in our room broke (during the GF!) • bathroom door in our room broke • room service arrived without cutlery • it was extremely difficult to get our room serviced & other guests were having the same issue. (perhaps a lack of staff) • face clothes, tissues, wine glasses, etc were not replenished. • Hallway carpets were dirty. • On checkout, there were items on our bill that did not belong to us. The lady at checkout even went as far as saying she could not remove them & would need to get a manager to approve it…unbelievable!!!

The marble foyer is impressive but that's where it ends for this hotel.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Staff in the bar interceeded with check in staff, talked to...

I didn't, don't like the check in process. Both stay have encountered 2 hr delays. I someone told me check in would be delayed for 2 hrs, no problem, go and do something else. But, we were told 1omins, 10 mins for 2 hrs.

Staff in the bar interceeded with check in staff, talked to a coustomer relations person, Debra, finally room found. Lovely waitress in the casual eating area, very good.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Some of the staff were great.
    • Lagoon King Room

Check in took 1 1/2 hrs as room was not ready. The place needs a refurbishment. It really isn’t value for the money you pay.

Some of the staff were great. I think they are understaffed. The pool area is lovely and breakfast was good value!

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

The room was well appointed and comfortable. Lateness of room availability was disappointing.
    • Superior King Room

Check in was disappointing. We arrived at 2 pm and checked in - we were told we couldn't check in until 3 which was fine - this is also what it said on the email. We waited until 3 pm. My husband asked two receptionists who walked past at different times - accompanying clients to the bar - both took our room number - 209 - but neither returned to us with any information. At 3.45 pm, I went to reception. Our room still wasn't ready. We were given another room. It was disappointing that we were left waiting for so long. It was our 30th wedding anniversary which we had notified them of - I guess it would have been nice if it could have been acknowledged by staff eg. Happy anniversary. No apology was given for lateness of room availability. Reception staff did not seem to care at all.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was well appointed. The restaurant (Vanitas) was amazing and the waiter exceptional. One of the bar staff stood out well above the rest - her name tag said Leah. She was very efficient, professional, friendly and well presented.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Would not stay again. Expect better of 5 star hotel.
    • Deluxe Suite

Neither of the TVs worked and staff took all day to fixThe wellness facilities were fully booked (necessity to reserve was not advised) so we were not able to use. Pool area was filthy. Very tight with products for use in bathrooms. Expect better of 5 star hotel.

Room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Satisfactory

Air conditioning not working as expected. Unable to lower temperature. Room to warm. Toilet door see-through glass. Only two people working reception and operating car park security boom gate. Long waiting periods for both.

Room clean and large. Meals excellent.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Anniversary Weekend
    • Lagoon King Room

The pillows were too soft, therefore, did not get a good night sleep

A very opulent hotel that makes you feel special while enjoying the luxurious surroundings. The service is fantastic

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Loved the hotel and the room but due to the poor service I would not go back.
    • Superior King Room

Unfortunately the service was poor. Reported a fault and I was given no follow up and the fault could have hurt one of us.

The hotel is beautiful and the room was excellent.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Staff were extremely unhelpful, in denial at the state of...
    • Superior Suite

Staff were extremely unhelpful, in denial at the state of the hotel. Carpets and Sofa's ripped, rooms had a musky smoke smell, looked like a war had just been fought in the corridors of the hotel as all the walls had marks on them and the ceilings looked as if they were going to fall down at any moment. Spa had a light fixture floating in the water along with broken tiles in the jaccuzi and a broken steam room.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Hotel was beautiful and one of a kind , food was really good...
    • Lagoon King Room

The reception desk took awhile as there was only one person checking in and checking out guests , nobody showed us around we only knew about the spa and gym when we left .

Hotel was beautiful and one of a kind , food was really good and enjoyed the pool , I liked how the pool came with clean towels and cold water .

Expensive and tired.
    • Superior Suite

Was no longer a true 5 Star property and was in need of refurbishment. Staff were pleasant but thin on the ground and hotel corridors a bit grubby. Was overpriced.

Impressive common areas and nice pool.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Wouldn’t stay here again.
    • Superior King Room

Took over 20 mins to check in as only 1 staff working reception. Waited over 30 mins to receive our drinks by the pool, to only have the wrong drinks turn up and then waited another 20 mins for the right drinks. We asked for extra towels to be bought to the room, they never arrived. We also ordered a cappuccino at breakfast which we never received. We bought all of this to the attention of the receptionist when we checked out, she simply apologized and said she could leave a note for her manager.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Good experience but over priced
    • Superior King Room

Very under staffed. Did not feel at all like a 5 star hotel. Long waits for everything from check in, food service at the pool and at high tea. For high tea it took a ridiculous amount of time to get food, tea and then try to pay. Everything took a very long time just because they did not have enough staff. Staff seemed tired and defeated from being over worked with grumpy customers. The place is looking a little tired. Rooms didn’t have a wow factor. Can not rate dinner as the restaurant was fully booked the night we stayed however breakfast was nice. Other guests also not very pleasant - entitled people who let the slow service get to them. Overall we had a good weekend but not value for money. Would not recommend or come back.

Very friendly staff. All requests were catered to, staff very accommodating. Beds very comfortable. Buffet breakfast was nice and had good variety but for a 5 star hotel would like pots of tea to be available with the table coffee service.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

I will not go there again
    • Lagoon King Room

What I DID NOT like was the spa bath not working properly, 3 out of 6 outlets not working properly, the fridge not working properly with water filling the bottom, the hair dryer dying on me, the ice not arriving on time for a drink before dinner, being kept waiting at the front desk, the credit card service charge, even though we were required to use a credit card for payment. Need I go on? I advice that you don't go there, you will be disappointed.

The tea and coffee were cold actually. I can't really think of anything nice to say. It was not a good experience and thankfully only one night.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Great location but expected better housekeeping

Reception staff were robotic and often only one receptionist to cater for while hotel!! The housekeeping staff were at times dismal. No spare toilet rolls in rooms. Had to keep phoning down for more !! No towels left in room one day. Upon arrival concierge had put someone else’s luggage in our room!!!

Restaurant was great. Buffet breakfast was wonderful. Great location

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Expected more for what we paid for the room.
    • Lagoon Double Room

There was a fault with the air-conditioning in the room being extremely cold and after several unsuccessful visits and attempts from the staff we were moved to a different room which wasn't as good as what we had booked. Staff weren't as attentive as what you'd expect when you pay these fees per night. Had a coffee at reception while waiting and was charged $8.90. Coffee wasn't that great either.

Pool area is nice but would be better if there was a drink waiter service when outside. However there didn't seem to be anywhere to put used towels so all the lounges had used towels on them after people had left the pool area. Lobby area was nice and the live lounge music is always enjoyable.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Amazing, relaxing night away from everything to be pampered.

We had indicated that we would arrive around 1pm and did, but unfortunately we didn't gain access to our room until 3:40pm after going back to the desk to inquire how it was going. We were happy to sit and wait in the Foyer as it was very entertaining watching the wedding parties but it would have been nice to offer us a drink. Instead we were never acknowledged during that time and no one made a phone call to let us know that there was a delay with our room. When we checked in and paid in cash around 1pm after waiting our turn, we were told that they would contact the staff to prepare our room asap. Also, the smell in the hallway was off-putting, urin i think but the room was immaculate!

The staff were outstanding. They welcomed us in a friendly and polite manner and helped us with all of our inquiries with the exception of the arrival hiccup. We had a lovely dinner and breakfast where the food was fresh and the selection was second to none. We used the Spa and were very impressed with the cleanliness and tranquility.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Vesace going downhill in the Gold coast
    • Superior Suite

No service, soaps never replenished in toilets throughput facilities, common area facilities badly maintained especially spa area, Could not understand English very well hence repeated questions and having to go to other staff constantly to get anything done or answers to questions, Room service very poor as left empty bottles, glasses still in room after cleaning and never replinished soaps, shampoos etc. in room. Total empathy lacking with room service and phone staff!! It was actually like you were imposing by being there and the lack of basic English language understanding was appalling! Have been several times before in the past and was always good. Now service very poor.

Great foyer area, good piano bar and food was very good in the restaurants

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

good but needs attention to detail seems that guest services have slipped over the years
    • Superior King Room

when i asked for a pot of kitchen tea i was directed to a self service counter with tea bags and hot water in a a coffee machine really

food choice superb egg chef superb but hot counter often left unmanned while chef out the back attending to other things

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Would certainly visit again however, at times, the service let the overall experience down.
    • Lagoon King Room

First night we arrived we had a drink at the bar...bar staff gave us a bowl of nuts - they were really stale. Hard to get drink service at both the bar and restaurant - not enough staff.

Food was amazing at seafood buffet Amenities and rooms amazing

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

disappointing

I had a bad night’s sleep due to being woken up by 2 security guards talking extensively to another guest, seated on the couch right outside our room

Great breakfast

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Not as good as previously

As above

I felt that the standards are dropping. The general upkeep. The gardens need tending and the were palm fronds in the lagoon outside our room. It looked a bit neglected. The pillows didnt feel or smell fresh as if the cases hadnt been changed. The breakfast was very full and we waited for half hour for a pot if tea eventually giving up. We had a delicious lunch in the pink room. I really love visiting Versace but this time it didnt feel as luxurious for some reason.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Paid 1400.
    • Three Bedroom Condominium - Mid Level

Paid 1400.00 for 3 bedroom condo that looked over a car park and empty plunge pools. Cocktail list unimpressive and lighting in main Bathroom was really bad. Whole place is starting to look run down and needs some major paintwork. Curtains didn’t close all the way so room too bright at nighttime and sun came in so couldn’t sleep in especially with the garbage trucks emptying rubbish bins in car park at 700am

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Not what we expected

Smelt like sewage in the Carpark. Our basin was blocked full of gunk. A staff member burst into our room at night for no reason at all??? Unpleasant stay, which did not reflect our expectations of Versace.

Check in staff, and restaurant staff we're top class and the breakfast was great. The outdoor area and private beach were beautiful and we'll maintained.

Palazzo versace
    • Superior King Room

Room looked over the car park entry. There was a toothbrush left in our shower and sand in bed, not exactly ideal.

Service by the pool and staff were very friendly

Beautiful Room & Service
    • Lagoon King Room

Was my partners birthday & prior to staying I asked the versace to organize something small when we came into the room. They said they would & was such a let down when we walked in and no small happy birthday to my partner from me.

Beautiful rooms & the spa was excellent!

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Was an amazing location, great staff and the room and view...
    • Two Bedroom Condominium - Mid Level

Only a small thing but there was no pay tv or movie channel, but when paying $1300 a night you would expect all the features for a girls night in

Was an amazing location, great staff and the room and view was absolutely beautiful

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

The staff were
    • Superior King Room

The hotel is not aging well much nicer hotels on the coast for less money. The breakfast buffet was terrible would not eat or stay there again.

The staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Extremely Dissappointed.
    • Superior King Room

The room is extremely average when they call it a King suite, no balcony very small and very tired. It was on the main st of Sea world drive and extremely noisy, the pool is exposed to the entire restaurant looking over you and the bar prices are top price with no extras. Room service food very average, sorry for the bad wrap but it doesnt deserve any better, do yourselves a favour and stay somewhere else on the Gold Coast there are many options.

Dont stay at Versace if there is another option for you on the Gold Coast it is extremely over rated, stay at Sheraton or Mariott it's much better.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Perfect place to stay
    • Superior King Room

If you love Versace you will love this property!!! We enjoyed every second of our girls weekend away annual trip, all the luxury and special attention to detail in our rooms, we couldn't have asked for more. Staff super friendly and very helpful

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Nice facility but not worth the money for the quality of service
    • Superior King Room

We asked for 1 king bed in the room configuration but were given two king singles in the room, despite me ringing the hotel directly to confirm. When we brought this up at check out, the staff member was very dismissive and rude, stating it was due to us booking through a third party website. It's disappointing when you spend so much money for a romantic night stay, only to be given two single beds...

Bath tub was great size and room was very clean. Buffet breakfast was fantastic, great selection.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

It was ok I probably won’t stay there again
    • Lagoon King Room

I pre organised a bottle of champagne to b waiting on arrival in room, turned up late at night so defeated the purpose as it was to celebrate a birthday, couldn’t book in for dinner at restaurant as it was too busy, we were not informed to book as I thought guests had priority, no communication of any facilities by staff

Staying a nice place

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

The breakfast was lovely and the building was amazing but a...

There was nothing provided in our mini bar over a 2 night stay. We had to make an appointment to use the indoor pool and only allowed 1 hour.

The breakfast was lovely and the building was amazing but a little run down. Needs updating.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Room was nice and clean comfy bed was great
    • Superior King Room

Spa bath not working. Told reception they said they would call when it was fixed nothing got done and we especially booked the room for the spa bath very dissapointing

Room was nice and clean comfy bed was great

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

I enjoyed the experience overall.
    • Superior King Room

High Tea was very disappointing. Similar food to the buffet. Too many sweets and not enough savoury food. Nothing hot. Overbooked and not enough staff to meet the demand of the customers.

Wonderful destination but over the years the standards have changed. There use to be more of a Versace feel about the rooms. More ornaments, cutlery, glassware etc...

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Firstly aircon was broken and they had to move us at 12...
    • Lagoon King Room

Firstly aircon was broken and they had to move us at 12 midnight to another room Secondly the facility completely broken no hot water . Broken hand basin water tap. Just because they had no option but to move us to another room they set as at the very last room Of the building where it took us up 50 seconds walking everytime from and to the lifts

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Great place.. good times
    • Three Bedroom Condominium - Rooftop

As much as i like versace.. it definetly needs to be refurbished and upgraded.. one of the staff mentioned that they are planning to update the pallazo

Stayed here many times... great as always..

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

I’ve stayed here many many times . This stay I noticed a change in service, not as good .
    • Superior King Room

Room wasn’t up to scratch . Shower head had to get fixed as it wasn’t working properly , yikes we’re going off bathroom walls, hot water handle was broken , was restricted when to use indoor pool as I had a child 8 years of ( outside pool was freezing to swim in). Service in restaurant was slow for dinner .... plates weren’t being collected

Food was very nice, ambience is nice . Location is great !

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

A little disappointed
    • Superior King Room

It is looking a bit tired - carpets fraying, decor needs attention. Lots of water but hardly any to swim in. Expected it to be more secluded as suggested by photos but actually on a busy main road.

The staff were friendly and as it was quiet our room was upgraded. Seafood buffet lovely but dress for winter due to the freezer.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Comfy bed and nice sheets
    • Lagoon King Room

Service was poor, room was very tired and would need repainted and furniture changed, broken tables and chairs. Not 5 star standard, service was poor, had to ask 3 times for the room to be made up. Comdy

Comfy bed and nice sheets