Reviews of Park Regis City Centre 3.5 stars

#228 of 306 hotels in Sydney

6.2

5.7

• Standard King Room

The room was very haphazardly painted... bad scuff marks all over the walls... The shower was tiny.

It was in a convenient location for my Conference venue. Easy checkout. Staff were friendly. The cleaning staff topped up the milk for tea/coffee (which is always a bugbear of mine). It was fine for a solo traveller but not for a couple.

• Standard Twin Room

The location was fantastic close to everything that was the main reason we booked there. We went to a concert so being able to walk there and back was the best.

• Standard King Room

Staff, and it is a fraud to charge more than the rate available at the hotel

I was charged more than onsite price the booking .com charged more than what was available on that day for that property, The staff was cold did not let me check in , the shower hot, the shower was not working only the hot tap worked, I could not take the shower and had to attend an event in evening had a lot of inconveniences, they said it can only be fixed in the morning, there was no wifi for a day and intercom was not working for two day

• Standard Queen Room

Bedroom was pretty standard and didn't match the photos. Bathroom was so basic, unlike the pictures. I felt like I was staying at a budget hotel without paying a budget price.

The staff were friendly. We were able to leave our baggage for free after check out while we went around Sydney. Bed was comfy.

• Standard King Room

I'd asked for a upgrade with a king size bed because my husband is tall and it was provided and paid extra but the sheeting didn't fit the beds. The room we were given was small and the tiny shower which was a small triangle with a shower curtain which allowed water to overflow towards the basin and toilet made us as for clean up with our towels to drain up the overflow of water) I'd put a sign out to ask for clean towels which were replaced. ( But wondered if we didn't would they be). We were told that breakfast would be availaible next door but it was now closed and the nearest place was Woolies Caafeteria in the next block which was basic and yuk........Cheap yes but yuk......... One of the lifts wasn't working in the morning and everyone was complaining and you had to to to the ground floor to put your key in and if you had to go up to the second floor to get your car you had to wait another 20 minutes to get there.

It was locacated in a good site. But have stayed there before a few year ago but did not meet our expectations again. Nothing has improved.

• Economy Queen Room

The rooms are a little shabby. Paint chips off doors and a stain on the carpet. The toilet was also in an odd spot. You have to watch your head. It would have been nice to have breakfast or a coffee without leaving the hotel.

The staff were lovely and the cleaning was good. Decor was updated.

• Economy Queen Room

Needs bowls/plates and cutlery Needs toilet brush and deodoriser A heated pool would be nice

Everything was extremely clean Bed linen was lovely and the bed was very comfortable Was great having a hairdryer and an iron Great having extra towels and alot of milk Great choice of channels on TV Loved the roof top views of the city

as above comments

Found some bugs in the bed in the morning when we pulled the sheets back to leave + the windows were extremely dirty and could not see out of them at all

• Standard Twin Room

No window to open, shower curtains that float in and sticks to you and some body cream would have been nice

Booking. Com had 2 rooms left in their sight, a Twin which is 2 doubles and a single. When we arrived we were given keys to a single. They said they don’t have Twin rooms. They were very generous and offered us a King suite.. unfortunately it was next to the Lifts! Very noisy.. Booking.com’s fault the single room!

• Standard King Room

We booked a King standard room for one night ,it was small and compact not much room to move .Bathroom was very tiny - a toilet ,sink and a weird triangle shaped tiled shower area behind bathroom door A shower curtain allowed the floor mat to get wet from water splashing out under curtain . Disappointed that there was no restaurant so you had to get up and walk down town to find a cafe for breakfast we went to Q VB building as could not see anything else open except Hungry Jacks across road . The room on 8th floor had a good view of offices and down to Hyde park .We were woken up a few times during night by traffic noise and emergency sirens going past on streets below. It was the first time ever we have been asked by a hotel to pay $2.00 per bag to leave our bags in storage after checkout for a few hours .

We liked the location close to Town Hall train station ,Queen Victoria Building and shopping .Easy to walk from here around Sydney .We went up to roof and the 360 degree views of Sydney from the pool area were amazing . Staff at front desk were friendly.

• Economy Queen Room

Additional cost for parking is not conveyed to you until after you have confirmed your booking. Room was quite small and not really good value for money.

Location is good.

• Economy Queen Room

An inexpensive hotel at short notice didn't have expectations too high, but I didn't expect a corner room right next to the elevator shaft. The noise from the lift counterbalance going up and down literally right next to my bedroom wall sounded like a train going past in the quiet of the night every minute or two.

The room is fine for the money and location great, but the lift noise is excruciating.

• Economy Queen Room

But on Sunday night, they were not. I had fully paid for the night, but had left my credit card at home. The staff would not accept an alternative credit card, or cash as security, and humiliated me in front of my friends. I couldn't fly back to Perth just to get the original credit card! Also, the hotel looks NOTHING like the photographs of Booking.com - I thought I was at the wrong hotel! It's not a very nice street in the CBD either. I would definitely not stay here again.

When I checked in on Friday night, the staff were pleasant enough.

• Economy Queen Room

The windows really really need to be washed as they are almost impossible to see out of. There might be buildings all around but you need to be able to see out to see what the weather is doing or what the traffic is like too. Also it would be nice to have mugs for tea and coffee as the little cups and saucers are too small.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is positioned in a great spot for all the sightseeing around Sydney CBD. Even though the room was small it was comfortable and the bed was very comfortable too.

Great location with QVB and Town Hall station just nearby. Good facilities. Quiet area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Joined us up to the Staywell Group so we can get points and bonuses for future stays. They extended our checkout to 11am and allowed us to leave our luggage there while we had breakfast nearby and spent some more time looking around.

• Economy Queen Room

Shower size and pressure was appalling. The shower was located in a corner of the bathroom which had barely enough room to fit a full size adult and my partner and I aren't exactly even in the medium built department. Hot water pressure was poor and the water temperature was just warm enough on its own without any cold water.

Friendly staff but clearly overworked... kudos to them to still manage to put up a smile and acknowledge you

• Economy Queen Room

Everything was so poor,bathroom old fashioned with shower curtain,bed uncomfortable,small room,staff helpful but not able to explain. Not good value for the money!

• Economy Queen Room

Bathroom clean but cramped. Double bed two singles pushed together. I have stayed here before and this room was the least comfortable I have stayed in.

Excellent location, city centre, close to Sydney's attractions, shopping, transport and airport.

• Standard Twin Room

The location is perfect for those using public transport. Plenty of places nearby to get a meal. The key system for the lift and door was the easiest I have ever used. Reception staff were courteous and efficient.

• Economy Queen Room

They managed to lose some of my cosmetics in the move and lied about it saying that there was nothing there in the first place.

The moved me because my first room was located outside the lift and was too noisy. But...

• Standard King Room

No bathroom/toilet exhaust. Very noisy room (on 14th floor) Very dirty windows. Minimalist vanity-no room for toiletries. Very small room. Property is looking and feeling old.

Reasonably located for a walk to Darling Harbour. Foxtel Sport.

• Standard Twin Room

some kinda smell in the corridor and room, bad design for bathroom, had to pay more attention when shower

friendly and helpful staff, good location, easy walk to most attractions, close to woolworth, and QVB

• Economy Queen Room

The room wasn’t very clean looking, paint was like a kid had done parts of it, didn’t smell fresh. Marks on walls and doors, Road works outside hotel all night which made hell of a lot of noise with cranes and diggers every night! Bathroom was tiny, shower was Crammed in a small angled corner. Hotel was just very poor for price and just not worth it.

• Standard Triple Room

Extractor fan needed in the bathrooms.Very limited parking you have to pay extra for.

The three roomed apartment is a home away from home,It has all the facilities you need to look after a family,washing machines,dryers,cooking equipment.Plenty of space.Right in the centre of town,no car needed.extra heater if needed.Very smart .Limited on site parking.

• Economy Queen Room

No complaints as I thought it was good value for money.

The location in the City was brilliant as close to everything. I found the room clean and very comfortable for my purpose and more so as I was travelling on my own. Reception staff were also friendly.

• Economy Queen Room

Loud noise from construction below, on a metro station I think. This continued to be heard loudly from my room until after 11pm. No mention by hotel staff about this major inconvenience. I just needed to sleep. No earplugs supplied, nothing.

• Economy Queen Room

One minor thing - given the shower is just on the floor with just a small step down and a shower curtain, a bigger bathmat or an extra towel would have been handy.

Good quiet location and good facilities. Would recommend it.

• Standard Triple Room

The bathroom too small no hooks for clothes or anywhere to put them shelf too small water from shower runs out onto the floor

The beds were comfortable

• Economy Queen Room

Noisy, there was bulldozer type sounds the whole night. The shower was tiny with a shower curtain that kept sticking to our body, pillows were too old and lumpy. The bed was also old and uncomfortable.

• Economy Queen Room

Poor check in process, was bought as a gift and they wouldn’t let me check in without the card it was bought on, backwards process. No explanation of why either. Rooms were dirty old dated and uncomfortable

It was in the central cbd

• Standard Twin Room

No advice that there was night time construction underway nearby

Location was great, easy walking to Darling Harbour, China Town and shopping precincts.

• Economy Queen Room

The cost for parking fee, and it is like it was hidden when we booked so didn't even know we had to pay for parking

loved the beds they was very comfortable

• Standard King Room

Photos did not accurately represent the property- beware. Very dated, needs to be painted and new carpets! Windows were filthy, fridge in room smelled like sour milk. Bathroom was tiny with shower almost unusable. Rooftop pool and entertaining area poorly maintained. Extremely overpriced. Would not go back.

Handy location. Bed and pillows comfortable. Room was clean and serviced daily.

• Economy Queen Room

The bedroom had only one bedside table and lamp which made it impossible for one to read at night. Television reception was very poor with the television pixelating more times than working.

The convenience of being close to all we needed.

• Economy Queen Room

There really is nothing to complain about. Very happy.

Just so handy to good eating places and all the main transport. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would certainly recommend.

• Standard Twin Room

45 floors was far higher than expected, dated building. Pool area was very tired no furniture due to the height of the building so didn't use it. Building work opposite building underground station and building, started early but did finish early. No areas to relax outside of the room eg bars and lounges.

Centrally located. Buy an Opal card and use on trains, buses and ferries. Very cheap to travel.

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms and corridors are rather dated. We has some trouble trying to find the main entrance.

The hotel was well positioned for access to a station that connected us through to the International airport and the cost was reasonable. We only stayed one night and it met our basic needs.

• Economy Queen Room

My kids room at home was larger than the room we stayed in. Never in the booking did it say express room or small room. Ridiculous to pay so much for such a small room!!

• Standard Queen Room

Shortly after I checked in a matinance worked came straight into my room while I was getting dressed to fix the toilet. I ended up going for a walk while we worked.

• Standard Triple Room

Found out parking was going to cost me $40.00 overnight after I had parked and there were no other real options. Bed was too firm for my liking. Shower was pretty crap. The last 2 items apply to most places though.

Not much. It was a place to sleep.

• Standard King Room

Television remote didn't work - we had to ask for new batteries. We asked for some ice but could not get any.

Room size (we were upgraded (thank you ! :) )

The ways to the passenger lift as we were carrying big luggages and was inconvenient. The room was kind of small and not enough space to place the bags on the floor to unpack and or pack.

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful. The location of hotel is located very well for easy walking.

• Standard Triple Room

what did i like about it???

what a dirty hotel… blood on the towels and toilet was unclean… staff… what staff… you walked past them and they are all on their phones.

• Economy Queen Room

Despite my request being met to be away from the lifts, it wasn't apparently far enough! The up and down of the lifts was quite annoying in the evening and early mornings. Bathroom a bit squeezy and I would have liked to have the choice of "bar soap" or the provided wall dispensers as they a bit fiddly to use - but overall not a huge issue.

Loved position - great friendly and helpful staff. Room clean and neat with great quiet air conditioning. Loved the window could also be opened for fresh air if you wanted (which I did).

• Economy Queen Room

I haven’t been able to sleep all night due to loud noise coming from the construction site located right across the road - Pitt street station. I was extremely disappointed at Booking.com for not advising its customers of the huge metro development running all night. Please see attached photo.

• Standard King Room

They definitely need to fix the hot water system, we had ours exploding and they were very good about moving us quickly to a bigger room but it was very lucky that no one was hurt. Too close to a real problem! Also in the other room the tap in the bathroom needed fixing too. Lift is often busy and slow and noisy at night.

The location is superb.

• Standard King Room

Renovation with hammer driller were conducted on Sunday morning. I let the staff know but it seems like the work was important than the comfort of their customers. Water pressure is really bad. Mattress could be updated and bathroom was I inundated after each shower.

• Standard Triple Room

Tiny room, really small bathroom and wi-fi kept dropping out. Parking was a crazy $45 per day.

Great location, very close to Darling Harbour where we were attending a conference. Clean and tidy.

• Economy Queen Room

The shower leaked water everywhere and someone was drilling from 7.30 rift next door. In a hotel with 44 floors I’d think they could put us somewhere away from the drilling.

The staff was very helpful

• Standard Twin Room

I cant say i didnt like anythin' durin' my visit: i previously read comments about how some think the bathrooms are too small but i'd say it woz perfect for me as i also have a smaller bathroom at home (i live in a older housing commission flat)

The beds were comfy, the rooftop section with the pool/view woz absolutely great, it woz close to town hall station @ surroundin' restaurants (etc) plus we had a good overall view from our room window on level 14. I didnt have much dealings with staff but with those that i did, i found to be very nice @ helpful

• King Suite

The rooms were small, the toilet and bathroom were old and need renovation, and the electronic door pass locked us out of our room even before checkout time.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The venue location was great. The deal they have going with the Coffee Club next door is good.

• Standard King Room

The ensuite was dated and I would have liked a bath included.

The bed was comfortable and the room was well presented. The rooftop pool and view was exceptional.

• Economy Queen Room

The decor - and most of all the smell.

The whole place was in need of complete renovation our room had repairs to the plasterboard but not been painted. It was somewhat smelly by an overpowering smell which could have been something they put on the carpets In the rooms and passageways. The staff did not inform you of the password which changed constantly. On the whole it was not what we expected.

• Economy Queen Room

Taking into consideration Hotel is 50. Years old and has been renovated. Shower is tiny.. Room was a little noisy.

The location was excellent. Room was clean

• Economy Queen Room

Beds,bathroom,’full minibar’, paint on walls that would remind you of never booking accomodation late again as the price was too high.

I liked the fact that even when we didn’t ask for an early wake up we received one anyway through the cleaning staff.

• Standard King Room

Very clean room. Looked newly refurbished. Bathroom was a little tight but still nice. Hotel is close to a variety of restaurants, pubs and takeaways. There is a Woolworths just down the road if you need supplies. Only a short walk to Sydney Harbour (about 20 minutes to the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge). Car parking is available but not a lot of spaces so you need to get there early.

• Standard King Room

Showers to small, Hot water was pathetic and musky smell in room was almost intolerable, Car parking very small and cramped, noise from other rooms and guests through the walls

• Standard Twin Room

Floors to be vacuumed more. Dont like seeing other peoples dirt on floor when first entering room. Didnt get vacuumed during stay.

Quality of bed and linnen was excellent . Great staff. Very accommodating.

• Economy Queen Room

The air conditioner has the temperature displayed which doesn't go to 'sleep' but shines in your eyes all night. The hotel is in need of redecoration/refurbishment as the walls are badly scuffed and fittings are a bit worn.

The room was clean and comfortable. The view from the pool on the roof was amazing, altogether a good stay.

• Standard Twin Room

Building work at hotel that we weren’t advised of prior to booking/arrival. Building work going on at a site right outside which continued through the night. Lots of traffic noise.

Located near to Hyde Park, train station and easy to get to key sites from here.

• Standard King Room

10 o’clock check out quiet early. 12 would be better. You could pay for late check out. But $40 to ckeckmout at 12 too expensive.

Good value for money. Very central. Happy to stir bags all day as we had an evening flight

• Standard King Room

The rooms appeared to be shabby and worn down, there was mold growing on the window in the bathroom, and making the reservation the advertisement stated free wifi--not limited 250mb a day.

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room

There was a lot of dust flying around the bedroom. The window was very dirty on the outside which almost made it difficult to see outside. And the checkout time is a ridiculous 10am!

The bed was comfy and sheets were clean. Toilet was clean too. My reason for picking this hotel was purely for the convenient location which served my purpose of the visit well.

• Standard King Room

Bathroom a little tight when door open and brushing teeth.

Excellent location to base ourselves visiting sights of Sydney. Walking distance to darling harbour and circular quay.

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms and the hotel in general is a bit tired looking and slightly run down. The pictures online are a bit misleading.

Good location, close to all the key sites, shopping districts and transport. Enjoyed rooftop for views and drinks. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Staff members are friendly and quite helpful.

• Standard Queen Room

Room was small with outdated decor, including the bathroom. Bed mattress was old and springs scratched us.

Hotel is in a convenient area of the city, near the CBD

• Economy Queen Room

First night - the shower drain clogged and overflooded. They put in an economy room and it was very small and the view was horrid. Their service recovery is quite good and upgraded me to a corner room and gave me a breakfast voucher. However, the bed mattress was awful. The windows were very dirty. If you stay there, just manage your expectations. If I had actually gotten an economy room for the price I had paid for I would feel quite ripped off.

The location is great. It's right next to a supermarket and the Townhall Station is right around the corner with a direct train to and from the airport. The roof top has a good view of the city but don't expect too much.

• Standard Triple Room

I don’t understand why they are so cheap on the WiFi. 6 items get 250 mb a day, but when you are four people sharing one room it’s next to nothing. A good hotel makes sure it’s open and free for everyone.

It is very central. Near to everything in the city and Hyde Park. You better not be scared of heights. The cleaning staff were very friendly and almost everyone at the reception as well.

• Economy Queen Room

We stayed on 'concert' weekend so the price was higher than usual, but can't be helped.

Location in city centre. Close to transport and theatres

• Standard King Room

Customer service, old hotel, internet limited really!! Tv Chanells not working most of them. Front desk lack of knowledge about Sydney information.

• Economy Queen Room

The room was situated next to the lift so every time the lift went up or down Troy could hear the loud noise of the movement. The bed was pushed right against the wall so my husband had to climb over me to get out of bed there is also only enough room for one at a time to pass the bed and wardrobe to get to the bathroom,the bathroom is only just big enough with the complementary shampoo equivalent to dishwashing detergent that doesn’t lather

The location is great

• Standard Twin Room

Not enough lifts for 45 floors, pool area is very outdated, very noisy in room, no vent in bathroom, cant avoid water on floor in bathroom so should get more towels

Just near a railway station and easy to find

• Standard Queen Room

Everything was good. Centrally located with walking distance to the harbour bridge, Westfield shopping mall, opera house, darling harbour and the city market

The bed was extra comfy for good night's rest after long days of sightseeing and shopping

• Standard King Room

You get what you pay for if you book cheap accommodation in the city— tiny rooms that look more like motel rooms, very outdated furniture and facilities, matchbox sized ensuite with shower curtains, pool that isn’t heated so it’s ice cold even when the weather is 33 degrees, mold on the shower ceiling with peeling paint because there’s no ventilation or window in the bathroom, soap skud marks on the floor and soap holder of the shower, one small window to the room that you can’t leave open anyway because the noise of construction and traffic outside is deafening, the minibar fridge is not a standard minibar fridge it’s half the size of a regular one, the sound of guests in other rooms or the corridor and the sound of the pipes in the walls whenever showered or taps were turned on in another room was a major noise factor. The building itself is narrow and tiny with outdated carpet and elevators.

The reception staff were very casual. The cleaning staff are amazing, they do an excellent job and are very thoughtful. There’s not much the staff can do about the hotel itself being tiny and outdated.

• Standard King Room

Minor stuff only. 250Mb WiFi per login. WiFi login needed renewing each day. Wired ethernet cable was dead. TV reception was poor, lots of channels but dropout was common (no AFL channel)

Great location in the central CBD. Close to three stations so very easy to get to/from the airport. Nice simple room, uncomplicated but had everything you need.

Browse Park Regis City Centre traveller photo gallery