Reviews of Parkville Place Serviced Apartments 3 stars

124 Brunswick Road, 3056 Melbourne, Australia

#137 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

problay would not stay again at all .

We had no proper heater , the hot water went off after 2 mins always cold showers we got sick with a cold , because of the cold water and for having no heater to keep us warm No room service checks very old and not clean .

Convenient stop for a few days. Having a lift for multistory building was good,

The stairway smelt unpleasant. Many notices about penalties for wrongdoing.

Stove, microwave and cookware were all provided. The location had a choice of 2 tram routes going into the city, each 5 minutes walk away. a convenience store and also larger supermarket were quite close too. Having a lift was a bonus.

Comfortable, convenient and good value.
    • Superior Queen Room

I was pleased that tea and coffee were supplied, but I would have liked some milk in the room for my cup of tea.

Comfortable, convenient and good value. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Health department needs to shut this place down
    • Superior Queen Room

I was cleaning the room I stayed in and had to sweep crumbs off the floor from my 1 yr old whilst using the broom & dustpan I noticed things crawling in it then upon further inspection realised the entire carpet was crawling with tiny bugs I was absolutely horrified when I called management to my room I was told that they were from me and the room had to b vaccummed I couldn’t believe it still can’t

Based on my experience, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to family or friends

The corridors and stairwell were dirty and uncleaned. The room smelled of stale fried food. The smoke detector had been disconnected. The only free parking was on the street and around the corner.

Excellent location for our visit to Brunswick. Handy to the city centre.

The sound of next door's air conditioning working through the night.

Good location. Handy to the supermarket, coffee shops. Very handy to the tram stop. Easy to get into the city on the tram. Good comfortable bed, great shower with plenty of hot water.

Decent size bathroom and room for the price.

No balcony even though other rooms had them. It was old and needed a revamp. Tv was quite small for the room size.

Decent size bathroom and room for the price. Had parking. Good location

Very disappointing and smelly

The place smelt horrible it nearly made you gag the smell of Asian cooking permiated the whole building all the time! Felt that the accommodation wasn't as clean as other times we had stayed there. Very disappointed!!!!

It's a great location with easy parking

Great location, friendly staff, clean and comfortable apartment.
    • Superior Queen Room

TV is small, didn't include a DVD player - or didn't have the option to lend one.

The location was great! The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the apartment was clean and modern. I loved being able to access the balcony as well. Free parking is definitely a big win :) Will definitely be coming back here. Highly recommended !

Good place for short stay. Felt like a bad hostel.

- Rude staff. - Everything had a price tag. Laundry is $4. Drying your clothes in the machine is $5. Emergency call to staff after 8 p.m is $50. - Cleaning. We even asked for cleaning and they didn't even clean the bedsheets. Just tucked the blanket in a sloppy way.

- Location is close 5 mins walk from Tram on either side. - Close to supermarket to get stuff. - Room was good and the bed was comfy. - Accessible ramp and lift. - No noise.

Good Room
    • Superior Queen Room

The blinds didn't fully cover the windows so I felt like I couldn't change in the room as it was right next to a carpark and the road. The aircon was a bit loud but you get used to it. You could hear water coming down drains outside which was a bit noisy. The hallway was also loud but I was at the start of the corridor so that's somewhat to be expected. But in the scheme of things these noises weren't too bad.

The staff was very helpful when checking in and out and he printed some things off for me. The reception had DVDs for rent which I thought was good. After hours access was good. The room was great for the most part, it had everything I needed pretty much.

Average rooms. No housekeeping service.
    • Standard Triple Room

The rooms seem worn out. We stayed for 3 nights and no housekeeping service was provided on any day. How is this a serviced apartment? Reception was closed for 2 days so couldn't even get fresh towels. There are much better hotels available at the same price that we paid to stay here.

Beds were comfortable.

nice place to stay
    • Standard Triple Room

We had trouble with our door swipe card which was replaced next day but if you come back at night when reception is closed the only way to get into aprtment and yr room is with swipe card and if it doesnt work you are stuck outside you then make a phone call for someone to help.keys are better

Apartment had nice outlook with a sunny balcony to sit on overlooking views of carlton in distance. It was close to tram train shops bus and city. Seven eleven was just up street to top up myki card. Beautiful park walk close by

Convienent and good bed to sleep in after busy day/ night
    • Standard Triple Room

Toilet was dirty Bad smell in corridors Room wasn't ready at 4pm checkin had to wait 1/2 hr Stairway carpet very dirty

Convient location Staff were friendly Beds comfy

Not the worst place we've stayed, although not the best

Began with overwhelming smell of bleach in our room. There was 3 pages of "Rules"; not "code of conduct," not "consider the following while you stay," but "RULES!" My wife and I found this very disconcerting. We needed options for pillows. We had one large brick - like pillow each in the room, and by the time we got to bed it was too late to contact reception.

Nice and close to good cafes, bars and restaurants. Was a good budget place for two nights as we were in Melbourne for two nights for a music festival, we really just needed a bed. Nice view out of our 3rd story room, and good working (although dodgy looking) air con. Good pressure shower which was much need after drive from Sydney and rock festival.

Pathetic service, don't stay here.
    • Family Suite

Customer service was disgusting. Charged again before allowing access to room even though payment had already been processed through booking.com Also refused to provide a tax invoice.

Checking out and getting out of here.

It sufficed for our short stay, wouldn’t go back

Bed was hard and uncomfortable shower had a large step and the shower rose was below shoulder height. Air conditioner was noisy and barely effective and no fly screens to have a window open

Location and cleanliness

I would not stay here again.

The wifi. It kept dropping out every 5-20 minutes. I couldn't do any work in the room so I had to go to the local library. The owner did clean the air conditioner and replace the broken fridge after a lengthy discussion. However the owner despite being able to make the decision, would not let me leave with a refund for two of the three nights I had booked.

The location was the good for my needs.

The room was comfortable and clean.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The television was quite small given the distance from the bed.

The room was comfortable and clean. The kitchen was well set up with microwave, cutlery etc.

Comvenient but do not expect 4 star accommodation.

The rooms are slowly being upgraded. The common areas need better cleaning.

Convenient location walking distance to Sydney road and Lygon street for restaurants , shopping and tram. Plenty of parking. Staff are always helpful.

A nice easy stay

Their door card got easily disconnected from using my mobile phone. Could this be changed so we are not stuck with this inconvenience? ta

It was a lovely stay

Close to Brunswick street.
    • Standard Triple Room

For the money paid, expected more in terms of cleanliness and amenities.

Close to Brunswick street. Great place to stay at if you like to be close to the happening place

Very dirty room with everything clearly done on the cheap.
    • Superior Queen Room

Cleanliness!!! Everything was dirty from the cutlery to the courtyard being full of mouse manure. Someone also dumped a bucket of soapy water out of the window above us so I couldn't let my toddler out there to play. So frustrating! The TV also didn't have many channels. Was frequently woken by the sound of a toilet flushing. It was so loud it woke my daughter several times. Really glad I only booked two nights. When I folded back the sheets on the second night (toddler fell asleep on top of the covers the first night) there was hair and marks so obviously dirty sheets. There are also a rediculous number of rules and sensitive key cards that cannot go near any magnet even one in a watch or you could get locked out of your room and have to wait for the after hours manager & $50 fee. Also the WiFi kept cutting out and was incredibly slow. The first thing I did when I changed hotels was shower me and my toddler!!!

Sheets were soft, but also polyester. Decent pillow. Staff were OK.

Good location.
    • Superior Queen Room

Noise and lack of privacy from the street meant I had to keep the blinds down

Good location. Car parked Close to room and off the street. Room was comfortable.

Expected a balcony for the price I paid. I've stayed in cheaper places that were better.

Some apartments had balconies but mine didn't even have an opening window. No distinction between the two was made at time of booking. The communal carpets were dirty and my neighbours and the road were very noisy.

The room was very clean and the shower was nice and powerful. The room had everything a traveller might need eg iron, hairdryer, shampoo and plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable.

Very pleasant and comfortable with the aircon up to the job - it was really hot in Melbourne.

I have some mobility issues and found getting in and out of the shower a challenge as there was no hand railing I could use. It was a higher step than I am used too so I had to take special care. The parking was fully used when I got back at night and so I had to park in the surrounding streets.

It was just right for me. I loved that it had a double and a single bed. If I came back to Melboune I would stay here again because my husband and I sleep in separate beds due to my need to sleep with a breathing machine at night. The kitchen was all I needed even though a door seemed to be entirely missing. It was clean and I liked the layout.

Overall pleasant stay and good value for money.
    • Superior Queen Room

My interpretation of “Serviced Apartment” means the room is cleaned each day. The room was not serviced. Clean towels supplied once, rubbish cleared once. Nothing else. There was no draining board by the sink. Where do you drain washing up after a meal and no tea towels.

The apartment was clean, bed comfortable, air conditioner not very efficient but it was a very hot few days I was there, so may have been overworked.

Owners friendly and helpful, good value for money, would stay again

lo of Road noise, housekeeping was poor, didnt make bed just pulled sheets back up

Rooms basic but everything you need, noisy air con mounted in window, staff very friendly and helpful, electronic keys were hit and miss, if you get back after 8pm and they dont work they charge $50. Apartment servicing poor. Would stay again, you get what you pay for

Reasonably priced, close to a great little kids park
    • Superior Queen Room

The bottom sheet on the bed needed changing after our first night there - toddler wee accident - and they gave us a clean sheet but couldn’t be bothered to remake the bed properly. The toddler was able to open the hallway door and we had no option for securing it, on the ground floor with an access door left open most of the day and busy road. Not very safe for kids.

• Superior Queen Room

We had a ant problem and the fridge made a horrible noise during the night. Room was bit stuffy on arrival but large sliding door to courtyard helped air it out.

Location. Easy access. Check was made easy by staff. Clean and tidy.

Only issue I had was the fine for not washing dishes which I believe should be done by staff
    • Superior Queen Room

There was a $10 fee for not cleaning the dishes. Doesn't make sense to make customers clean the dishes because of how unreliable they can be. Was a bit complicated to use the toilet and sink because of size restrictions. Lack of extra pillows a bit disappointing

Good value for money, bed comfy. Everything you need is there which is handy

I would stay again as it was clean and the location was where l needed to be

The outside looks a little unloved and there is a stale smell in the hall ways needs a good airing out. I am glad that l wasn't there in the middle of summer as there was only one small air conditioner that was having trouble keeping the room cool on the not so hot days, so they really need to look at the cooling in the rooms

It was close to where l needed to be, it was clean and the bed was comfortable and it did have a working lift.

A comfortable, pleasant apartment, with the facilities I needed
    • Superior Queen Room

My accommodation was comfortable and had all the facilities I needed for a stay while my husband was at St Vincents Hospital. The staff were helpful and accommodating. My apartment was light and bright, with two large windows. It was on a busy road, but surprisingly quiet for this location.

Great location,but Noisy surroundings.
    • Superior Queen Room

Noise and vibration coming from the laundry. People constantly using it late at night and very early morning.

Very close to Sydney road and Princes Park

Not bad, for a cheap nights stay. Great location
    • Superior Queen Room

No soap or face washer provided in bathroom. Roller blinds were old and broken, need replacing. Sunscreen blinds should be installed on bottom floor rooms, so guest can enjoy natural light and be provided with day time privacy.

Great location. Perfect for a busy weekend/business trip were you just need a clean place to sleep for the night.

Not worth staying

The man at the front desk was extremely rude when we checked in, the carpet in the room and the hallways was filthy, the shower Pressure was weak, window was left open and the room was cold when we arrived and there were sign postings about extra charges if you did anything wrong everywhere in the room.

The sheets were clean and the bed was fairly comfortable.

Very helpful and friendly staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

Very helpful and friendly staff. Gave us the keys early so we didn't have to come back later to check in, let us use the printer, bonus balcony we weren't expecting.

I would NOT stay here again. Below expectations. Photos on Bookings are misleading
    • Superior Queen Room

The towels were so thread bear that it tore when i used it. We broke a one glass and was charged $5. We spilt red wine and was charged $150 for sheets and mattress protector. Red wine comes out easily when washing. This was unfair. A small fee would have been ok for laundering but to charge $150 for sheets the were well worn is unfair.

Location was good for where we wanted to be

Do not stay at this motel

Staff,room,overpriced,

Poor service from the start, room not clean, staff attitude poor, place is very noisy and lots of arguments between people leaving and managers.

Depressing

The room was very noisy between the traffic on Brunswick Road and the noisy bar fridge right next to the bed. We actually switched the fridge off at the wall overnight just to get some sleep and then still needed earplugs for the road noise. The rooms online looked bright and modern but we had a dank, dark cell with a vermiculite ceiling and a cramped bathroom. The blanket on our bed had cigarette burns in it and the mattress was so bouncy there was no way to move without disturbing your partner. The curtains were falling off the rail and couldn't be fully opened, contributing to the dark, depressing feel of the room. Everywhere you go there are rules posted, making it feel hostile. There are rules about how you use the room, how long you can shower for, how much you'll be charged if your key fails and you have to call the night manager. Honestly, it was so inhospitable.

It was a ten minute walk to the Old Bike Shop Cafe, which had excellent food, coffee and service. That's literally the best thing I can honestly say about Parkville Place.

Value for money
    • Superior Queen Room

Being on the ground floor, the windows did not have fly screens and the roller blinds could do with being updated.

A good central location and good value for money. Shopping center and restaurant strip very close to apartments.

Functional and comfortable enough.
    • Superior Queen Room

Loud guests and some traffic noise late Sat night, blinds let light in at night, privacy from car park meant had to keep blinds down all the time.

Clean, easy access, everything worked, well equipped, parking, reasonable price, straight forward, close to shops.

Has all the makings to go up a star or two if they put some more love into their service
    • Family Studio

The grouting in the bathroom could have been redone. Also, toilet paper, tea and coffee supplies weren't replenished daily.

The beds were comfortable and being at the back of the building was nice and quiet too.

Overall, it was a well equipped apartment and a convenient location.
    • Superior Queen Room

The springs / supports of the lounge sofa were collapsed and unable to support two average weight people. It was not comfortable. The 4am - 5.30am bird sound ( laying fowl ? ) disturbed our sleep every morning. The frequent overnight waste disposal sound was an annoyance.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable.

value for money and confortable bed

the smell of Fish head soup when booking in was very bad, however the room was ok for the area and for one night

The bed was very comfortable and the room clean

The room was clean and visually appealling, but disappointed with how cold it was

I didnt like the low water pressure of the shower and toilet flush, the digital tv didnt have good reception so there were only a few channels to watch. and it was too cold in the room because there was no split system and the heater was heating poorly.

I liked the comfortable bed, the lighting, the clean carpet and the large mirrors.

Good stay not to far from the city.
    • Superior Queen Room

Checkout in the morning could have been a bit friendlier.

Modern reasonable size unit with all you need for a short stay with parking available. Handy to public transport the zoo and the city. Comfortable bed and cooking facilities Good value for money in my opinion!

once it warmed up it was a little better
    • Family Apartment

we were asked to wash and dry cutlery and crockery and nothing supplied

Bed was comfortable, heating was behind the curtain (very odd) and no heating turned on 9 degrees outside.

Dirty and uncomfortable
    • Standard Triple Room

The room was not clean and full of ants. Room service was useless and hardly cleaned the room despite sign put up to do so. Dirty Rowell was put back on the rack despite being put down on the bathroom floor. The sound of air con dripping water next to our room window at night made it impossible to have a comfortable sleep.

Never going back

Needs refurbishment. Staff need To be a little more professional . The portable heater in the room didn't even heat the room it is very cheap heater. The hot water in the shower runs out in under two minutes and that's no exaggeration. Not enough car spaces to park. It's upsetting to see such poor quality apartments in such a prime location. I didn't enjoy my stay at all I was frozen cold all night.

There isn't much to like

No frills, cheap but clean motel style apartment.
    • Superior Queen Room

Bathroom was tiny, my knees touched the wall when I sat on the toilet and you can only use the hot water for 3-4 mins (as they tell you in the info booklet)

A no frills place to crash. Clearly people stay here long term - but for my son and I it was a one night short stop and for that it was perfectly adequate. Free parking right outside was great. A lot packed into a small room but facilities were very good. Over all a good stay.

Very bad experience

It is cold and the air conditioner is nosiy and not working. The switch always went off when using the stove. The heater is small and not warm at all. The owner of the service appartment blamed and argued with clients, never solve problems. Really bad experience.

The location is good

Room was clean and decently presented

Post 8pm there is no staff to call for assistance unless you pay a $50 call out fee. We requested for a baby cot as a special request as the booking.com site mentioned that cots are available on request. Cot was not provided. The place is advertised as a services apartment but it feels closer to a standard motel and as a result felt quite pricy.

Room was clean and decently presented

Budget break but everything you need
    • Superior Queen Room

Clean and safe and good for a budget hotel. Suited my purpose not to be in the middle of Melbourne but plenty of transport, shops and restaurants/cafes in the area.

Good location, fairly priced but rooms are not fully serviced

Being a serviced apartment we expected the bed to be made daily, the sheets to be changed at least once a week - our stay had to be extended - our sheets weren't changed for 3 weeks (we shouldn't have to ask). We used our own towels so they weren't an issue. Coffee & tea supplies were topped up daily, sometimes sugar too, but we only got milk twice in 3 weeks. Soap & toilet paper supplies were topped up randomly (so instead of constantly asking for them, we bought our own). There's only 1 washing machine & 1 dryer in a small laundry on premises which is meant to service all guests. It isn't anywhere big enough. PLUS staff use it for washing towels as well. We've stayed in serviced apartments before & have experienced excellent serviced & cleanliness, this one let us down.

Location was great! Lots of places to eat & there's a 7/11 only a few minutes walk away.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Handy to Barkley Square Shopping Precinct and trams to CBD.

The unit could do with some attention to mouldy paint in bathroom and a warning should be given for the step into bathroom. Noise from disabled alerts and traffic at traffic lights outside room.

Handy to Barkley Square Shopping Precinct and trams to CBD.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Cheap accommodation but decent value for money
    • Standard Triple Room

There was mold and rust in the bathroom. There was also quite a bit of dust on the walls in the room.

The location of the property was good. Room was small but comfortable.

Good value but a little isolated

It was a little isolated - within ok walking distance from Brunswick, but not really convenient

The main reason I stayed here was because they had parking. It was a studio room with limited cooking facilities, which would be good if you wanted this.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Very Basic - Bathroom, furniture & bedding need urgent upgrade

Bed very hard creaked when sat on. Only 1 pillow each, 1 towel each very thin, hair dryer filter filthy made me feel sick. Bathroom average more for back packers, shower needed upgrading. No parking available had to park in Street. Bed was definitely dodgee. There is no heating in room. Lots traffic noise. Prices are not that cheap considering what you get. If you are after very basic backpacker style go for it. Don't expect any hint of luxury furniture & bedding needs urgent makeover.

Good carpet.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Dirty and affordable

The room was dirty and was not cleaned at all during our stay only towels were changed. When doing what was described as the weekly clean a moldy disgusting toilet brush was dipped in water and rubbed over the toilet seat - no disinfectant was used at all and no vacuuming was done.

The location is handy to lots of great cafes and supermarkets.

The first room I was offered was thick with old cigarette...

rooms were 'tired', noisy, and smelly. Daily servicing/cleaning was half-hearted.

The first room I was offered was thick with old cigarette smoke and no ventilation. The staff member was willing to give me an alternative room, thankfully with a window. Bed was comfortable. rollaway bed was available for our friend when he stayed for one of the nights. Great location in Brunswick.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Good value near parks and the zoo.

A few additional things would have been useful - draining rack, light in the dark closet. Once or twice there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the room and corridor.

Everything worked. The place was well maintained.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Basic but met needs

The place smelt a little smokey. I don't think it's the management's problem but I was sure the people near us were smoking and it left a bad smell in the halls and sometimes in our room.

Staff were friendly, walking distance from Sydney St (lots of Asian restaurants) and a little further to Lygon St.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

You get what you pay for

We didn't like that the fridge was so close to the floor. Too far to bend to use it especially with back back issues.

Very secure. Like that they had vending machines to get drinks anytime of day or night.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Not bad if you want to stay in Brunswick. Good value
    • Superior Queen Room

Could have had a map of greater Melbourne Cars in car park face the GF window. However, fortunately I didn't get disturbed with people leaving late or early.

I arranged to meet a friend who lives in Brunswick so it suited my intentions. It was pretty quiet. Overall I was happy

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very good value for the price. Would stay there again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

In the 1 bedroom apartment, perhaps a set of chester draws would be helpful in the bedroom, especially if you are staying for a week as we did. However it didn't really matter to us.

The room was very clean. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Very convenient to supermarket and cafes and transport. All applicances works well.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Stay somewhere else
    • Family Studio

The property has an air of neglect. The foyer and lift are dirty. There are lots of rules and regulations.

Glad that we weren't in the room much. Would suit students backpackers. Certainly not the 4 star property we thought we had booked.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Nice relaxing time away
    • Superior Queen Room

A small selection of drinks in fridge, and maybe option of toast for breakfast for little children

The friendliness of staff, the closeness to the city ease of access from city and train station

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Dirty and run down. Extremely rude staff.
    • Family Apartment

For $260 a night I expected a much better quality stay. Reception staff and manager were rude when I rang to ask a question about checking in. Kept talking over me, saying 'ok bye' and trying to hang up on me mid conversation. Apartment itself was run down and dirty, stained carpets, mouldy bathroom etc. They provided one roll of toilet paper for a room that sleeps 6 people. Would not recommend this place.

Only upside was it was relatively close to Sydney road pubs.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Would never stay there again, and would not recommend to anyone.

Room and stairwell were dirty and dusty. A good vacuum would help. Had to keep asking for enough towels and toilet rolls.No coffee, tea or milk left after first day. Had to ask for sheets to be changed after 5 days. Air conditioner so old and noisy.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Zero stars-Offended
    • Family Studio

It all could have been better.I am so offended by this establishment and its staff that I would recommend that no one ever stays there.So upset by this experience, I work in the customer service industry and travelled all round the world and never experienced such a poor effort

Simply put the worst customer service and establishment I have ever come across.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

4.0
    2 days of stay.
    • Family Apartment

Did not like the atmosphere as staff were very rude and curt.

2 days of stay. Staff very rude, Linen in one room had stains and dirty. Checked in the morning and left for sightseeing and came back late. Realised in one room the linen was dirty . when reported the staff said we dirtied it. Charged us $60 and were absolutely rude. Will never recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Room was good
    • Superior Queen Room

Had requested for half hour extension on check out was refused. Plus there were spiders in the bed and room. The fridge looked used as we found a half eaten chocolate bar . So believe the room wasn't cleaned before us

Room was good

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Shame because location is fantastic.

Dirty, unwashed glasses and crockery, food scraps in the drawers, mould in the shower, very tiny room, curtains coming off their tracks, minuscule TV. The room was cheap, but it still wasn't worth what I paid.

The location was great.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

It's a joyful time.

I think there should have been a balcony so that I can breathe fresh air and enjoy the weather.

All the amenities are excellent and it is located in a very peaceful area.The staffs are very friendly and I love the place a lot.