Reviews of Mercure Sydney Parramatta 4 stars

106 Hassall Street, Rosehill, Parramatta, 2142 Sydney, Australia

#104 of 306 hotels in Sydney

5.7

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast. 1x butter for 4x toast. Bacon oily and tasteless . No DVD player in t.v. bad lighting for reading.

Good location, great staff, good size room and great shower.

• Standard Queen Room

The wifi was not working in our room. We did contact the desk and we were told to wait 5 minutes and try again. We did this, we tried it all evening, but it still didn't work. So if they are going to advertise that they have free wifi, then it should be readily available.

The room was comfy and clean. The breakfast was good.

• Standard Queen Room

I had a man come into my room just after 7am on the 1st morning of my stay. He was a painter and the staff didnt advise him all the rooms that were occupied. When I discussed this with the front desk when I got back from my seminar she treated it like a joke. I didnt sleep well the 2nd night expecting to have someone let themselves in again early in the morning. I even had furniture against the door to make some noise incase it happened again. Great location but next seminar I will stay at another local hotel again where it is more secure.

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms are showing their age. The bathroom needs an upgrade as the water leaked out even with the shower curtain pulled across.

Everything was at the standard expected. Ben who greeted me at reception in the evening was friendly. I wasn't advised about access to wifi so had to call reception to clarify. The staff member at breakfast was great and when I advised her I just wanted coffee and some cereal she offered me the package for that which was very customer focussed. Staff at check out were prompt and friendly.

• Standard Queen Room

We had a room close to the lift and although it wasn’t bad there was a whistling sound when the lift went up and down.

Clean comfortable room, great location to Rosehill Race Course, our meals at the Restaurant were delicious.

• Standard Twin Room

We love our stays at Parramatta Mercure and only book elsewhere if it isn’t available, great location, close to everything you need. Clean, and friendly service.

• Superior Queen Room

The bar closed early. My clients & myself had been to the speedway & felt like a drink in the bar afterwards but everything was closed at 11pm.

Room was nice & comfortable Breakfast good.

• Standard Twin Room

the grubby tiles in the bathroom, needs more than a mop, needs a scrub and the Tub too! the non stick pattern was grey it should be white, scrubbing with some jiff will get it white again. Plus int he hallways the grey dust build up along the edges is not very appealing, just makes you feel that all the cleaning is short cut jobs

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing exciting about the breakfast, your standard buffet. Hot food could've been hotter. Entrance and exit to car park is a bit tight but ok if you're a confident driver and don't have a huge car, I have a commodore sedan and was ok.

Nice and clean. Very friendly and happy staff. Pretty quiet, only noise we really heard was the occasional siren travelling down main road. Bowling Club next door was a nice place to have dinner and a quiet drink, (it was pretty quiet for a Friday night).

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

Bed was very comfy and the room was big enough for 3 guests. Staff were lovely and friendly. Bathroom clean an spacious. Excellent shower. Buffet breakfast was good, lots to choose from however a lot of the hot options were cold.

• Standard Double Room (4 Adults)

Only problem was we accidentally drove past the hotel because we didn't see the sign until it was too late. There is a large sign but its on the other side of the building.

Room was comfortable. Staff were great.

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing to fault. It's clean, great value for money - especially for families with kids under 16 - our room had two double beds so easy for families of 3-4 where the kids are happy to share, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a romantic night away as it's kind of in the middle of nowhere.

We stayed here with friends and the kids to attend the Sydney Royal Easter Show so we didn't have to deal with an early morning drive. Great location if you need to go to Olympic Park. We scored a fantastic room rate including breakfast and kids stayed for free. We arrived right on check in and made the most of the pool. Woolies is directly across the road, as is McDonalds & KFC so lots of options for families or budget travellers.

• Standard Double Room (4 Adults)

The bed was uncomfortable - maybe too soft. Not quite sure

The breakfast was great and the lady that worked at the restaurant at breakfast was awesome. Went above and beyond.

• Standard Twin Room

There was people next door screaming shouting we couldn’t sleep and hotels management I don’t think they care we will never go there againe

Hotel was very clean and comfortable

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

In room amenties for two when there were three of us. Cleaner knocking on door in the morning before we'd checked out!

Location, very pleasant, helpful receptionist.

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

They took the money out of my account back in early 2017 not long after I booked for a booking in March 2018 without authorisation, it was meant to be payment on stay.

Easy to get to for people who aren't confident driving in the area, the staff were helpful and the check in quick.

• Standard Twin Room

need more than 20min walk to the Parramatta center. very limited choice for dinner around, only KFC and Mc. WIFI is very expensive. only one night, I paid 12 AUD.

the room is big enough, and the breakfast is also very good.

• Standard Double Room (4 Adults)

There was no extra roller ways available, double beds not queen, no extra pillows or blankets and no minibar. the costs of a night was massive as there was a concert but the rooms did not reflect the price.

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

This hotel is not worth what we paid. Beds were uncomfortable. There was damage to the walls and power points that did not work. The roll away bed came with no pillows. The lobby constantly had lines of people waiting because there was not enough staff. Overall the place needs a good clean.

• Standard Twin Room

Every single member of staff went above and beyond to make our stay even more memorable with these extra touches that i’ve not seen anywhere else! If you are looking for accommodation for a concert or show, then this is the place! Stress free, comfortable and fun! Oh and the breakfast was good too! I’ll definitely be staying there again!

• Standard Queen Room

The TV did not work properly The shower hand no pressure. You were not able to wash yourself properly let alone wash your hear. We added breakfast into our stay. The breakfast was good but was not presented well. The staff member on when we left was quick to tell me how much we owed but did not ask who the stay was. Is that because you get a lote of complaints. I expected more then we got. For the price I paid. Next time I will stay elce were.

The room size was good a good size. The room was clean. The staff that was on when we arrived and her supervisor were very friendly and helpful.

• Superior Queen Room

The only thing letting this property down was dinner in the restaurant was terrible

Staff were very friendly. It was great that they had a bus to and from ed sheeran and had a bit of fun too.

• Standard Twin Room

The exhaust fan in the shower didn't work, leaving a sauna like environment in the room.

Staff were very friendly, lovely and helpful. Comfortable bed. Clean.

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

I had to pay a $700 bond which I was completely unaware of, leaving me unable to use my debit card! This is the only reason why I would not come back. We also ordered pillows which never arrived and our T.V didn’t work properly

The hotel staff were very nice

• Standard Queen Room

Staff - Was Charged for the stay multiple times and had to went to multiple process, stress to get the money reimbursed. No Co-Ordination between their staff and one staff attitude was not good. Wifi - Very Limited 1000MB/day Breakfast -> Very Less options and taste is not good though Swimming Pool -> Poor Maintained Swimming Pool NO GYM -> Very disappointed that there is no GYM in the Hotel

Television Bed Cleanliness Room was very Nice, as I got the free upgraded Room for my long stay.

• Standard Double Room (4 Adults)

Toilet not clean and made an annoying sound every time after flushing ... few dead hairs in the basin. Balcony filthy, full of dirt, germs and cobwebs, didn't even go outside to use. Light fittings, exhaust fans, etc extremely dirty. Pictures on line didn't show the true age or condition of the property. The pool was unclean with "stuff floating" on the surface which was a disappointment, a key factor in booking because pool was indoor ... needless to say, I didn't use!

Walking distance to Westfield shopping centre

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

The only downside this time was that we could smell cigarette smoke through our room through either the aircon or something, other than that it was perfect!

Love the shuttle bus they run whenever there’s big concerts on. Staff are excellent, facilities are clean. We stay each time we have a show on! So close to everything

• Standard Twin Room

The bed didn’t have wheel locks on it and it moved on my elderly mother which caused her to fall off the bed hurting herself slightly

The staff were friendly, the room was nice and clean with comfortable bed.

• Standard Twin Room

Shower bath combo. I’m a fan of a bath tub and the shower being seperate.

The block out curtains are amazing. The air conditioning was a perfect antidote for the hot weather.

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

If 3 guests are booked there should be 3 towels without the need to ask. TV has a constant buzz, impossible to watch. Noisy guests.

Very friendly staff. Room service breakfast was lovely.

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

I feel it was over priced for what it was we were told we were upgraded to a better room but when we went into the room it only had 2 double beds not a queen bed and a double which it said in the description when I booked and to be truthful I feel that for nearly $600 for 2 nights for the room that we had was very overpriced considering you didn't even get breakfast for that price.

It was central to my function

• Standard Double Room (4 Adults)

There is parking charges of $15 per day. We didn't know about until we got there.

Excellent hotel Brilliant location Salt water swimming pool Friendly staff

• Standard Queen Room

Value for money for the end of the year that I visited Sydney was unacceptable! All the hotels were unbelievably expensive including this one that was 20+ km outside the center!

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

We were there for New Years so it was expected there was a price hike but nevertheless it still meant that we didn't feel we were getting our value for money. Parking costs $15 a day and the entrance to the car park is quite small so you do need to focus so you don't lose any paint. Breakfast was extra but there is a maccas across the street so that's an alternative.

Desk staff are very lovely and helped us out when our key didn't work. Overall it was very clean and the place seemed very well organised. Short drive to Parramatta Station.

• Standard Queen Room

Internet connection can get pricey after one day. Midnight food is pretty meh. Uh... Slippers? No?

The dinner is delicious. Hotel service is amazing.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Neighbors were noisy. Came back late night/early morning and slept at 4am only to be woken up at 8am by someone hammering something next door. Hammering went on for quite a well.

Very spacious for standard room, glad they provided decent toiletries (e.g. shower gel etc)

• Standard Queen Room

During December they are renovating this property so the noise was dreadful and we didn't have hot water for a shower one night and then when we did it was so hot we couldn't stand under it even with the cold water running full out.

The staff and the food in the restaurant were great.

• Standard Double Room (4 Adults)

Furnishings were dated and in poor condition. Not enough cups, glasses for the amount of people the room accommodates.

Beds were comfortable. Great location which suited our needs for the stay.

• Superior Queen Room

I would prefer the in-room food service to have a bigger range. The freezer didn't work in the little fridge.

The comfy bed and wonderful shower. Great value for money.

• Standard Twin Room

That I didn't get the room type I had asked for and had confirmation on Friday to be given differently on my arrival book in

Very clean and Tidy bed was extremely comfortable but disappointed with the single bed

• Standard Twin Room

The parking is difficult for a 4WD, perhaps if they provided just a few spaces for these types of vehicles it would be great. Other than that everything terrific.

The room was very large and Comfortable, staff friendly and facilities good we only had one night so did not do too much other than enjoy the room.

• Standard Queen Room

We had a hiccup with our booking, which was an oversight by ourselves, and although it was our fault, the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a room that suited our needs and were very helpful the whole time. Great location to visit Parramatta with the great places to eat, and also walk along the river.

• Standard Twin Room

2x double beds in the room took up too much space, I felt better option would have been 1x single & 1x double bed. Only 1 bedside table needed 2.

The bath was an surprising bonus. Breakfast was delicious, so much choice, with an included breakfast only expected cereal, fruit/juice & toast. Staff very friendly & helpful. Easy to locate & close to transport.

Acceptable accommodation

While the hotel is aging the facilities are very well kept staff are polite and helpful was convenient to Rosehill race track the purpose of my visit

• Standard Twin Room

I had booked a room with 2 double beds without realising, Giselle at the desk helped me with the booking and upgraded us without any extra cost, amazing service

• Standard Twin Room

We wanted a few drinks in the bar before we went out for dinner and it took us over half an hour to get served which included us going to reception to ask for someone to serve us drinks. And then waited again for quite a while to get our drinks which then made us late to our dinner reservation.

The lady that greeted us at check in was lovely. And the kids loved the pool.

The pillows were a bot hard but nothing to complain about.

I liked the staff as they added a bit of extra hospitality. My Grandsons were greeted with a card and a gift as the staff knew that we were attending the Monster trucks. We have never received such good service and thoughtfulness in any other Motel that we have stayed in. We will certainly be back and recommend this motel to all of our friends.

• Standard Twin Room

Room service was unavailable when requested. And paid movies could not be transferred to another room when we had to be relocated

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Superior Queen Room

Extremely overpriced at $389 for the night!!! Prices were dearer than any other night advertised. Rooms extremely noisy and worst room service breakfast ever tasted. Only bonus was staff were friendly and helpful.

Not much!!

• Standard Twin Room

There wasnt anything i didnt like.

The beds were sooo comfy. I had a great sleep. The staff were fantastic so friendly and helpful. I liked that they had a shuttle bus stopping outside to take us to the concert and a sign to let people know about that service.

• Standard Twin Room

Outdated hotel smells like mildew bathrooms very very bad and hotel styling from the 70's and staff look like they want to commit suicide. If cheap and nasty rocks your boat then this hotel is for you..

You get what you pay for...

• Standard Queen Room

Wasn't reminded we had breakfast included when checking in. (Had booked quite some time ago) wasn't sure what the setup was for breaky.

convenient location, great view from rooms,large window for views, fabulous shower and comfy large bed.

• Standard Queen Room

I ate in the restaurant one evening and was a little disappointed with the food, I chose the chicken Parmigiana, which was over cooked, with burn edges and dry! The evening staff were not as attentive during the evening as the breakfast team, as I was not offered a sweet or coffee, but otherwise O.K.

Standard corporate rooms, slightly worn feel, but generally in good condition and clean. buffet style breakfast was excellent value, with wide choice of breakfast items, including hot dishes. Attentive staff and chef, regularly checked hot plates and the quality of the food in the dishes.

• Standard Queen Room

Ticked all the boxes for what we wanted and breakfast was included which was great! It's away from the main st of Parramatta though, which could be a good or bad thing depending on the reason for say.. would definitely recommend as accommodation for the races as it is basically across the road, but if you want to be close to the main street and westfield, maybe not in the best location for that.

• Standard Queen Room

Room very good - value for money the best we have had in recent years - staff very helpful. Would not hesitate to stay there again when next in Sydney.

• Standard Twin Room

Our neighbors woke at 4am and made no attempt to be quiet. Were very very loud and no one from the hotel attempted to get them to be quiet. Made us all very tired in the morning. Would have been a nice place to stay otherwise

• Standard Twin Room

Ramp to car park so tight, my car was scratched. Toilet in room made a loud high pitch sound when flushed, which continued for 10 minutes. Very poor facilities.

The bed was really comfortable and the room was very quiet despite facing a busy road! The food in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast was fresh and tasty!

• Standard Queen Room

Staff weren't really around in the bar or reception and phones weren't answered very promptly. I called to see if our room was ready, the first time I was passed between two different people and was cut off. When I called back the phone rang for a long time and I thought it would literally ring out. Then in the hotel to call room service or reception was a similarly long time to pick up.

Beds were very comfortable, basic room with everything we needed for our stay.

• Standard Queen Room

We were give n a room that had not been made up. We had no choice but to return to reception and complain. We then waited for 10 minutes to be given another room. We re wives an apology but no room upgrade was given. We finally got to a room 30 minutes later which then made us late for our appointment.

Breakfast was great. Staff are courteous

• Superior Queen Room

It was difficult to find the restaurant for breakfast. The service at breakfast was poor, we had to find everything for ourselves and the food was only average in quality and taste.

The room was spacious and very clean. The bed comfortable. Parking was secure.

• Standard Queen Room

Peanut butter open jars on tables

Very concerned there were open peanut butter jars on meal tables on restaurant and our little boy is a anaphylactic to peanuts this is never seen in other hotels and is extremely high risk

• Standard Twin Room

parking was a bit tight...

The receptionist was very lovely and accommodating (wish I remembered her name! :) ). The breakfast was good too. Location was ok with Wollies and few other shops just across the street... Overall is was great value for money! :)

• Standard Queen Room

We liked everything, the only thing that I would maybe comment on is the replenishment of the breakfast area, we went to eat at 9am & missed out on some items eg: juice

Pick your pillow, loved that it was available

• Standard Twin Room

The room was old, and not cleaned properly. Dried old toothpaste on the floor, ripped curtian, used items in the mini bar not replaced from the last users. They forgot about our room service order.

The staff were helpful and were quick to solve our problems.

• Standard Queen Room

They hid the mini bar in the room. We thought they were complementary and we ended up paying 50 dollars for it. The cleaner walked into the room while we were sleeping and we had 1hr till check out.

• Standard Double Room (4 Adults)

Breakfast- not much variety, staff not cleaning tables and plates cups etc off tables as you went. Staff did not refill juice, milk, knives, forks, plates etc until a customer complained. Toilet in room made a squeaking noise after every flush for about 5 mins after. Was very disappointed

• Standard Twin Room

Noisy neighbors. We travelled for a medicalappointment and specifically asked for a quiet floor and the people in 217 were very noisy on both nights so not so relaxing until they fell asleep.

Staff at breakfast we're very friendly and helpful especially a young gentleman was very pleasant and helpful clearing the plates and tables

• Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

We wanted to change from the Mercure Parramatta to the Novotel, at the venue close to Olympic park, but were told that we can't, even though they are the same hotel group. The staff were not of any help either. The carpets were sticky and dirty and they did not have enough cupboard facilities for a family of three. Our daughter had to live out of a suitcase for the week. We asked for a blanket one night, as there were noting in the room, and they told us that there is only one person at reception and they cannot leave the desk and bring us a blanket. When the second person arrives at around 11pm then they will send someone. We did not have enough towels and had to ask for more. I will never stay at a Mercure again.

The only thing we liked about the place was that it was close to the venue we went to in the day.

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing. It was very good all round.

Buffet breakfast was excellent. Noise level excellent for people wanting to sleep in. Staff very polite and happy to answer all questions. Nothing seemed an issue. Staff in breakfast area were excellent. Cleared tables as soon as people left which gave new people options to sit with clean table. Food was very good. Heaps of choice. Replenished food all the time so it was appealing.

• Standard Twin Room

No hot water - a tepid shower on a cool Sunday morning is not ideal. It was the same for the other members of the party

Breakfast was very good and excellent included in the pricing

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

No need to charge for parking, a genuine price gouge.

Uncomfortable pillows, lack of attention to detail in bathroom cleanliness and stocking. disfunctional bathroom bin, no tissues ...

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

I struggled with the room temperature which was far too cool. After requesting assistance from a staff member, the temperature in the room unfortunately did not change. The corridor outside the room I was staying in did get slightly noisy. I could hear the the door of other nearby rooms opening and closing throughout my stay. TV remote was unconfortable to use as it is worn and you had to really press down hard on the buttons to change the channel.

Staff were friendly and attentive.

• Standard Twin Room

The food ! Fish and chip's were really good but the burger was below average( roll's were store bought and fell apart with the first bite ! the sauce's did not compliment the burger in any way !!! Also the breakfast wasn't the best, stuck to fresh fruit and juice. DISAPPOINTING !!!!!

the beds were very comfortable and the room it self was clean and comfy.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

hotel is dated, bed mattresses in my room had seen better days, a bit worn and saggy. The function room had poor multi media equipment, probably from the 90s. The property is OK for a simple function and would be good for a party or a no frills wedding.

The property was clean and tidy. Staff were helpful and friendly, food standard in the restaurant was good