Reviews of Pensione Hotel Perth - by 8Hotels 3.5 stars

70 Pier Street, Perth CBD, 6000 Perth, Australia

#20 of 107 hotels in Perth

• Petite Queen Room

Nothing specifically. If I wanted to be super picky my only gripe would be paying $4 for a bottle of water. Otherwise everything was great.

Location. Comfort. Clean. Staff are super friendly.

• Petite Queen Room

Everything was great - the staff were all so lovely and friendly, we felt really welcome. This hotel has all the details right. The rooms are small but clean, modern and well equipped.

Location, comfort, staff, price, 24hr reception. A hinge had come off a cupboard door upon checking in but I just let them know. I was offered another room but I liked the view. I stayed an entire week. Very comfortable bed. Daily housekeeping. A great little hotel. Would stay again.

• Petite Queen Room

The drinks in the room were a little pricey, a small water for $4 for example.

Very comfortable, soft bed. Staff were really nice, quick and helpful. Nearby lots of shops, plus easy access to public transport.

• Petite Queen Room

Limited space in front of hotel to offload and load luggage, petite room was really petite - not enough space to even open luggage bag properly.

Clean and modern room, walking distance to the key shopping area and supermarkets

• Petite Queen Room

The Petite rooms are indeed VERY SMALL. No room for even 1 large suitcase in a Petite room. This needs to be better mentioned in the advertising please. However staff were able to assign me a larger room for a $15- upgrade, which was okay.

Staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly. Available 24/7. I was able to check in early which was nice. My room facing a street was actually very quiet - double glazed windows - should be mentioned. Bed very comfortable, shower nice. Location very close to CBD and train station. No nice restaurants nearby but did find some 15 mins walk away.

• Petite Queen Room

There was nothing whatsoever that I did not like about this establishment, well okay, just a little, it would have been better if the parking charges for my Hire car, were a little cheaper, maybe next time hey?

The staff, all of them without exception were fabulous and only to happy to accommodate any request that I had made. I didn't realize that so many eateries, cafes, restaurants were well within walking distance, and, I tried as many as I could during my eight day stay.

• Petite King Room

Hot Water was hot but didn't need to add cold water - it was ok during my stay but not sure about in the middle of winter.

Great location. Easy to get to the busy areas such as Hay Street Mall, Elizabeth Quay and Government House / Supreme Court Gardens. Lots of choice for food in the area. Red CAT bus has a stop opposite the hotel which is convenient. Hotel also has good wifi for free as well as a paid for high speed if you prefer to use that.

• Petite King Room

we've stayed here a few times and love it but this time we were on the second floor nad did have some disturbance through the night with a 'fan' going on and off ?

lovely little hotel great location, and super value for money

• Petite Twin Room

Did not like step up to bathroom. Potential tripping hazard. Didn’t like the strong perfume smell that was throughout the building

Overall liked the hotel. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Petite Queen Room

More milk, those containers are too small for a mug, had to use three, so bought my own; irony was I didn't use it and left it on the shelf. I didn't like the locality of the shower to the door as I nearly ran into the screen using the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Simplicity and cleanliness of the room. The coffee mug, just loved the size, feel and colour. The bed was comfier than my own.

• Petite King Room

Nothing. It was a great experience.

A comfortable, clean and friendly hotel right in town. Staff were really helpful and everything was spotless. Bed was super comfy too.

• Petite Queen Room

Great location, about a 10 minute walk to Perth station and the main shopping mall. 15 minute walk to Elizabeth Quay and the ferry to Rottnest Island. It is also a 30+ minute walk to Kings Park however there is a free bus about 5 minutes away that stops inside the park or the free green CAT bus that stops just outside the park. Room was comfortable although a bit small. Free Wi-Fi that has good reception. Staff were very friendly and helpful with 24 hour reception..

• Petite Queen Room

The staff were awesome!! It was close to everything we needed - shopping, transit, restaurants, the river... whatever we needed. Air con and wifi worked great!

• Petite Queen Room

Internet/wifi was not working on the day we stayed...an ISP issue, not the hotels.

Small rooms which were ideal as we arrived late and left the next morning so didn't need much room, that also made for a good value hotel in central Perth CBD. Rooms well clean and well appointed.

I was parched on arrival at 2am. There was no mini bar - I fancied a beer...

Reception staff are efficient and friendly car parking on site Very comfortable bed Location on edge of city hustle and bustle - but not too close - and close to waterfront

• Petite Queen Room

Room was way too small , there was no room to unpack my suitcase and having to open and close it to retrieve every item I needed got on my nerves.

Central and Clean

Room was a tab tiny.

Great staff, helpful and knowledgeable. Room was clean and tidy. Great location for CBD and local bus. Would I stay there again, yes.

Had a great night sleep and although we had booked 3 rooms my parents couldnt be there as my dad is terminally ill. The staff were great and gave us a later check out a break we needed and enjoyed

• Petite Queen Room

Room was a bit small - but that did not matter as I just needed somewhere to sleep for the night.

Location Great - Staff very Friendly - Price was good - Room was very clean - Bed very comfortable - Bathroom was great.

• Petite Queen Room

Only the picture in the room. A picture of Perth would have been more interesting to look at.

Excellent location. Rooms a little small but have everything you need. Lots of restaurants and coffee very nearby. Quiet.

• Petite Queen Room

There could have been more towels - no hand towels and only 1 facecloth for 2 people - seems rather mean when everything else is lovely.

The location was perfect, the bed was so very comfortable and the room was good with everything you need. Would definitely stay there again.

• Premium King Room

Perhaps more tea selections. e.g. green tea.

Bed was comfortable. Ceiling fan was a great extra. Laundry room was very convenient. The whole hotel smelt lovely.

• Petite King Room

No real complaints at all, Complimentary water would be nice however they charge $4 per bottle which is quite excessive.

This little gem ticked all the boxes for my 5 essential criteria points I look for when making any booking.... 1 location - was perfect and central 2. cleanliness - very clean 3. Aircond- nice and cold and fully adjustable 4. Bed n pillow quality - absolutely fabulous, soft pillowtop mattress, nice linen and variety of firm to soft pillows. 5 wifi - worked well

• Petite King Room

The parking was good, once we got the car in through the narrow, hard to find lane. Driving out was extremely difficult, with a VERY tight left hand turn to access the doorway. We then needed to phone the reception to ask for the door to open.

Didn't use Wi-Fi. Staff were friendly and helpful. Beautifully presented rooms despite being small. Comfortable bed.

• Petite Queen Room

The room I had was fine but the double bed took up most of the space in room storage was a problemvery enjoable

Location was fantastic walk to all the main attacions in minutes

• Petite Queen Room

The room was very small but that didn't bother me. Although two people in such a small room might struggle if they have a large amount of luggage.

Excellent location in the middle of town, near tourist attractions as well as transport to sites that are further away. The staff were very helpful and kind. I forgot my adapter and they loaned me one. I was going to walk outside as it was beginning to rain and they immediately gave me an umbrella. They were always available and very friendly. The room was quiet and comfortable.

• Petite Twin Room

Items in the room, ran out of tissues and not many towels, was only there for a short time so didn’t bother asking reception for more. Large step from room up into bathroom, was a little of a hazard.

Location was convenient for our trip, beds were comfy. Extra mirror outside the bathroom was great for getting ready to go out. Staff were friendly.

• Petite Queen Room

Because the hotel is downtown and the windows were not great, the room was fairly noisy. They were also doing some loud renovation work in the hotel--but most guests would be out of the hotel during daytime construction hours.

The staff was wonderful: Friendly and helpful. The bed was also very comfortable.

• Petite Queen Room

Housekeeping doesn't always take out all trash: they tend to forget e.g. empty bottles.

Comfortable bed and good clean shower. Very polite and kind employees. Clean towels everyday and changing them for going to the beach possible. Nearby the central station - easy to travel to many places.

• Petite Twin Room

When I checked in I was told $100 deposit had been charged to my credit card. I did not give prior approval to this. I was told it would be reimbursed within 5-10 days. 15 days on I am still waiting. Your attention to this would be appreciated!

• Petite Queen Room

Staff werent as friendly or welcoming as you would expect when you are on holiday and do have organising questions and this is your temporary home away from home.

Room was nice and light and also up on higher floor. Early check in was available, which I appreciated a lot! Very good breaky at Miss Mauds/ good deal!

• Petite Queen Room

There was no chair in the room so the room was really only any good for sleeping. Nor was there anywhere to put a suitcase, so my 6 day stay was a little cramped.

Comfortable bed, clean, quiet room and excellent bathroom. The location was fantastic with a very short stroll to Central Perth and right opposite a CAT stop for free bus rides to the WACA and elsewhere.

• Premium King Room

Fairly tired and sparse property, but comfortable enough. No food or bar service and no breakfast on site (chargeback to your room across the road at Miss Mauds). No hand-towels in the bathroom - only face-towels & bath-towels supplied. Parking was a pain - only a handful of spaces, basement level and very tight to get into / out of (up a narrow alley laneway to the side of the hotel). A couple of parks for larger vehicles, but don't expect them to be free (hotel said they could give the same rate at Wilson's parking, 2 minutes up the street).

I took a Premium King Room - the equivalent of a standard/superior room in other hotels (otherwise it would have been very cramped, even for business). The bed, however, was extremely comfortable, the room was clean and had the basics. Good location just a 3-5 minute walk to the main CBD strip. Helpful & friendly staff.

• Petite King Room

There was only one drop off parking spot and this was usually occupied making pick up and drop off difficult.

The helpfulness of staff was excellent location to so many venues was excellent. Everything we wanted was within walking distance or easy to access via public transport which is well organised.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Petite King Room

Free WiFi was not great and the room was tiny, we had two suitcases and two carry on cases and struggled to walk around the bed without having to step over them and they had to go in the bed to open them, as not enough floor space. We only stayed 2 nights, but would have struggled if we stayed longer!

Clean room, great location, friendly staff and all the usual facilities in the room including a safe and fridge. Very quiet room, despite being next to the lift. Has great laundry room too, which is helpful if travelling for any period of time. Perfect room for a short stay.

• Petite King Room

They have no parking of their own, although I believe they will valet park for you. After 6 pm, it is possible to find free street parking, as long as you move your car by 8 the next morning.

The location is right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. It was a one night stay and, for us, just a place to sleep and shower.

• Petite Queen Room

The room was so so small we could hardly move - I didn't expect it to be so small. Smallest room I've ever stayed in

The bed was comfy and the room has aircon

Nothing, was all amazing. No complaints at all.

This place was amazing! Honestly, the front desk girls gave the BEST first impression, and we were looking for something to complain about haha (were in a very disappointed and bad mood from the previous hotel). So helpful, willing to go above and beyond to accommodate our needs. We were in Perth on a PATS hospital visit and the Pensione made the visit so so much easier than it should have been. Very grateful, will recommend and will 100% be back next time. Thanks guys!

Everything is perfect

Love the hotel! Love hotel's fragrance! Best location!I'll definitely come back if I happen to travel to Perth the next time!

• Petite King Room

I stayed in the hotel on 2 separate occasions during my stay in Western Australia. Only issue was price went up when I wanted to book a third time, but after staying at another hotel slightly cheaper I can see why Pensione is the best hotel for the money in Perth

It is so centrally located. The bed is so comfortable and the staff are great. Jason in particular was exceptional. I lost my wallet and he reviewed the CCTV and saw me putting it in a plastic bag which I hadn't checked. Saved me cancelling all my cards. What a hero. I will definitely stay again when next in Perth! Thanks Jason :)

• Petite Queen Room

The hotel is very well located in the centre of town. My room on the 6th floor was well appointed and comfortable. I arrived at about 9am simply to leave my luggage but I was pleased to be allocated a room at that early stage.

• Petite Queen Room

There is a step up into the bathroom, be careful.

The room was small, just perfect for me travelling alone, the bed was comfortable. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is very central. I chose not to breakfast at the Swedish hotel across the street and found a great little coffee shop "Shots" around the corner on Hay street. Eggs on toast for $11.50. Everything was very clean. The room temperature was perfect and I did not need to use the air-con. Loved the old photos of the hotel construction in the reception area.

• Petite Queen Room

Cost of parking is a bit pricey but since I left early enough and returned late enough, I was able to find parking on the street every day.

Easy access with 24/7 reception. Having the laundry on the same floor. Found it very easy to get in and out of the city with my hire car. Central to everything.

• Petite Queen Room

Airconditioning blows right onto the bed, difficult to adjust, which was a bit uncomfortable.

Excellent central city position. Handyman guy (English) was super friendly. We got upgraded from a double to King room which was great

• Petite Queen Room

Very small room. Airconditioning fan blew right onto the bed and couldn't be adjusted.

Comfy bed, excellent central location, close to restaurants etc. friendly staff

• Petite Queen Room

No breakfast, No bar and a minor thing but on check out was charged 4 dollars per bottle of water used [ no mention of this on check in ]

excellent location, very friendly staff.

• Petite Queen Room

There was no room to walk into the room let alone try and unpack. Aircon was directly above head on bed and now I am sick due to having the aircon on.

• Petite Queen Room

It was a little snug in the room but then I did book a cosy queen so I can’t complain it was in the title.

The staff were all extremely helpful and it was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in. The bed linen and towels were changed everyday and it was spotless around the hotel. We used the wake up service and they called us a shoffer (new taxi service who don’t rip you off) to get us to the airport. Everything was perfect.

• Petite Queen Room

the air condition cannot turn off... that feel little bad, but in summer, that is ok

good location, so nearby the shopping mall, such as MYER and David Jones. there are a walk street and so many shops in here. you can shop in here and have a dinner.

No clock in the room .

No cafe on site but in a minutes walking distance away Fantastic location for shopping and to access eating places . Very comfortable bed. Room small but well appointed. Staff friendly and very helpful

• Petite Queen Room

The pillows could of been comfier but still were really good.

The bed was super cute, and really comfy! The room was so petite that it made it so lovely to stay in.

I did not like that the hotel receptionist said the parking on the road was free outside the hotel after 6pm on a Saturday & free all day on Sunday! I was volunteering in the Colour Run in Langley Park early on the Sunday morning. I came back early afternoon to a $100 parking ticket -VERY DISAPPOINTED

• Petite King Room

Street traffic was noisy as it was a Saturday night. Walking felt very safe during the day but heard scuffles by pub-goers late at night so would not walk alone then. Dark out curtains could extend a little higher and wider as it allowed light in.

Rooms are small but space well thought out. For example, the powerpoints were in places easily accessable. The room and bathroom was clean and carpets plush. Location very near the main city strip with food and grocery store nearby. Staff were awesome. Great value for money.

• Petite Queen Room

Ultra convenient and very hospitable - we turned up at 8.30am to drop our bags, and they had a room ready at no extra charge. They also offered late check-out, as we had a very late night flight!

• Petite Queen Room

I have book a double for $156 they said they upgraded to queen for the same price then they bloody charge me $246 ..sounds like a scam this place

• Petite Queen Room

No on site amenities other than guest rooms.

Close to main shopping centre. Easy to get to train station and underground. Short walk to cultural centre.

Everything is perfect!

The girl at reception is sooooo nice and friendly! She gave every information I need for my trip. Very pleasant stay in Perth. The room is big, bright and clean. Definitely will recommend this place to others whom travelling to this place.

• Petite Queen Room

What I don't like it is not free parking for guest even a lot of parking are not occupied.

• Petite Queen Room

Slow lifts, rooms are small but this doesn't really matter as they have all you need, didn't see the sign on the door about green clean till too late

Great location, great value for that location, clean and very well presented, nice public areas, well decorated rooms, option to have breakfast across the road

• Petite Queen Room

Room is a bit small, however I had a change due to my flights and the staff offered me an upgrade to accommodate additional travel companion with reasonable charge, so overall there's nothing to complain based on the service I received and I will definitely come back to pensione if I ever travel solo.

Staff are lovely, room is value for money, close to everything

• Petite Queen Room

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Simple accommodation in an excellent central location. I would stay here again.

• Petite Queen Room

The 2 nights we stayed in the petite room for two people was just fine. For a longer period of time it would be perfect for 1 person but for 2 people a bit on the small side as there was not enough space for the suitcases.

The bed was comfortable. The location was good. The petite room was very suitable for two nights. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Petite Queen Room

Small rooms. Fine if you're on your own, but otherwise somewhat cramped.

Pretty nicely set up. Convenient location and friendly staff. Check-in was very easy and quick.

• Petite Queen Room

Room size on first booking for five days was too small. Upgraded for the one night booking - (King bed suite). After we explained to management Hotel was hot, they put the air/cond. on summer mode. .

No food available at Hotel. Very convenient to CBD. No other Hotels in vicinity offering meals.

• Petite Queen Room

Friendly welcome by staff, speedy check in. Great location for overnight stay in city. Rooms compact but comfortable and adequate for overnight needs.

• Petite Queen Room

Small room but I booked a petite room so that's what I expected. Still had everything I needed and very comfy bed. Friendly and helpful staff. Will stay again

Why hotels feel they need to pump artificial fragrances into rooms and foyers. You leave with the smell clinging to you. A ramp at the entrance would be good for disabled visitors and for the movement of luggage.

The staff were terrific and helpful especially Sarah. The room was fine and the wi fi was very good. Great location and value for money in the centre of Perth.

• Petite Queen Room

Room was value for money but not really enough room for our luggage (2 cases /2 bags) and still be able to find room to move.

Location suited us to catch train to Sydney and taxi service booking through the hotel worked out fine.

• Petite Queen Room

I almost broke my toe on the big step up to the bathroom. Only saw the 'mind your step' sign after the fact. As I was approaching the bathroom from the bed side and the door was ajar ( where the sign was)

As soon as I lay on the bed it was so comfortable. Cleanliness was excellent. The staff were super friendly and greeted us every time we went past the reception desk. We felt very welcome.

• Petite Queen Room

We arrived very early after a long flight but the rooms were already ready for us and we appreciated very much that we could check in in the morning!!! Very kind staff

• Petite Queen Room

The hotel is right in the city centre, close to Saint George Terrace, so convenient also in terms to public transport from and to the airport. Rooms are compact but cosy. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful in every request we made.

• Petite Queen Room

The only quibble might be the slow wi-fi. It shouldn't be too hard to provide that

This little hotel had everything we needed. The location was great and it was good value for Perth. Staff were friendly. We would stay there again if we return to Perth.

• Petite Queen Room

some noise from the exhaust equipment but they appeared to turn this off or down during the night,

The location, the security needing to use your door key to operate the lifts, comfortable beds and great helpful staff, a window that could be opened a bit and 24 hour service

• Petite Queen Room

Room on small side...but we reserved a "petite" room, so was what we expected.

Staff friendliness and competency, location and cleanliness of property.

Browse Pensione Hotel Perth - by 8Hotels traveller photo gallery