Reviews of Pullman Melbourne Albert Park 5 stars

65 Queens Road, Albert Park, 3004 Melbourne, Australia

#78 of 167 hotels in Melbourne

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

It’s position & the staff were friendly & efficient.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The room needed an update as it was very average. The drapes were old & the bath/shower looked a bit mouldy.

It’s position & the staff were friendly & efficient.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good value and location
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Room layout somewhat dysfunctional, everything there but not where it should be. Kettle & fridge opposite side of room to powerpoint. No seating in front of TV (which wasn't in front of beds either). No power point next to bed for charging phone in handy reach overnight. Bar downstairs very good. Restaurant service a little poor on a Sunday night.

Spacious room, staff polite and understanding of the many pushbikes that were "staying".

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Would return
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The fridge in the one of the rooms wasnt stocked at all and the second room the fridge wasnt even working, all drinks were hot.

The venue was well presented and staff were great

Nice Hotel, good facilities
    • Classic King Room

The car parking charges. We were given a discount card, however, we stayed two nights and were not advised on check in of the availability of valet parking. We were looked after, in the end, by the concierge, who offered us a reduced valet parking rate. However, the food overall was over priced The cost of breakfast was excessive and consequently we had breakfast elsewhere. Had the charge been fair and reasonable, we would have had breakfast.

The options in the Foyer......, food and drinks, television...we watched both AFL finals. Rooms were lovely, clean and well furnished.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Comfortable stay
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

i was charged for a bottle of water which was classed as part of the minibar but it was on my bedside table not in the minibar It should have been complementarily considering the cost of the room, or alternatively had a price next to the water.

Very Pleasant in all areas
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

The lighting in the bathroom was apparently not ideal for applying makeup

Great comfortable king size bed, with the view overlooking the lake from our room. Efficient a very friendly, helpful staff.

Lovely despite the broken promise!
    • Classic King Room

Parking was quite expensive, could have a better customer rate. The staff also advised us ahead of our stay that they would provide us with something for our anniversary however there wasn’t anything there when we arrived which was very disappointing.

Spacious rooms, clean facilities and stylish lounges. Close to trams and great walks. Quiet rooms and comfy beds.

Ok
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The meal from room service was cold, couldn’t break the bread on steak sandwich let alone try and bite it. There was only decaf coffee in room and not enough sugars. I couldn’t turn heater down room was overly hot overnight made sleeping difficult

The concierge staff were lovely

?
    • Classic King Room

Lobby cafe/bar cold coffee, & cold pizza. Valet parking, I was told $35.00 was not told $35.00 every time the car came out, poor communication ! Internet wifi was it free or did l have to pay for it ? again poor communications again ?

Great room, & location.

First time I've been downgraded! Dishonest staff is not what you expect in a 5 star hotel.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

We booked and paid to stay in the Pullman but were put in the Mercure. The Mercure room was suffering from wear and tear and not overly clean. I spoke to staff who told me we were in a Pullman room even though the key cover said Mercure (said they were out of Pullman covers), the phone had Mercure on it and when my son turned on the TV it said Welcome to the Mercure! Girl changed us to a Pullman room which was also showing wear and tear and had absolutely filthy/stained carpet though otherwise clean. Curiously when they gave us the new keys (with a complimentary drink voucher) they were in a Pullman key cover. And that was what irks me more than not being given the room we paid for or filthy carpets - being given the 5 star lie to the customer experience!

Wifi is good.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Stay here whenever we visit Melbourne.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Stay here whenever we visit Melbourne. Had a very bad experience this time and will probably not return. Family fun holiday was made majorly disappointing.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Room payment delays.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

When I had arrived at Pullman Melbourne Park, there was confusion as I had been notified my room wasn't paid for even though the booking had been confirmed with an email stating that payment had been made. Though when I arrived I was made to wait a couple of hours until they could figure out the payment issue. The experience was not nice.

Good accommodation for a conference on site. Good conference facilities and food.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Design of the shower - water on the bathroom floor. Internet was unreliable. Had to ring x 3 to say there was a problem. Took a while to reconnect.

Comfortable bed - quiet room. Had dinner in the restaurant one night - good dining experience.

Relaxing, comfortable stay
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

We would have loved a bath in the room. Not having a bath at home, it is a real luxury taking a bath! My only criticism is that Parking should be complimentary for hotel guests.

Very friendly staff, quiet rooms considering the very busy location! Breakfast was lovely: again, very quiet given how busy the restaurant was. Staff were attentive and friendly.

It was very pleasant except for the restaurant staff.
    • Classic King Room

The staff at the restaurant could have offered more assistance eg. sorry there are no tables but we may have one in 30 mins, instead we got, there are no tables and these people were before you.

The food was excellent the check in staff and concierge were fantastic and the room was lovely as we upgraded.

Great location for our needs.
    • Classic King Room

Great location for our needs. The staff were so helpful with everything. Super comfy bed and spotless room, great bathroom with everything. Highly recommended!

Opposite the park and excellent service
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Great friendly staff. Very comfortable beds and room. Easy cab access to city. Directly opposite park for nice evening & morning walk. Neighbourhood felt safe.

Very enjoyable, slow breakfast, and late check-out.
    • Classic King Room

Hotel parking wasn’t obvious, nor was checking out of car park!

Location. Staff were very friendly, especially in restaurant. Crispy bacon was pretty good too!

We loved it at the Pullman from the first moment we checked in the staff were friendly and helpful.

I have no complaints.

Nothing was too much trouble to accommodate needs. The omelettes were lovely and the variety at breakfast was excellent. One time when we got room service and the food was not great but this was rectified immediately be no charge. The Pullman have really nailed customer service.

Didn't happen!
    • Classic King Room

I accidently booked the Pullman as it came up when I searched on your website for accommodation near the MCG - I mistakenly thought it was the Pullman on the Park (directly opposite the MCG . Luckily when we arrived to check in , they had a spare room so we were able to stay there. I tried to contact you but couldn't get through. I am very unhappy that this happened - 1. Having such similar names as the Pullman on the Park and Pullman Albert Park, is very confusing. 2. Bringing up Pullman Albert Park as close to MCG is not accurate 3. Not being able to contact Booking.com by phone is very frustrating.

Great place to stay in Albert Park
    • Classic King Room

Great place to stay with amazing staff that were really helpful in every way Room was spacious and very comfortable. Location was perfect for an event that we had at The Park In Albert Park.

Clean Attractive facility Good pool
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The non-valet parking too expensive. The day fee of $20 is ok but then charging every time you go out is too much. Breakfast too expensive for family.

Clean Attractive facility Good pool

Great place to stay, great service.
    • Classic King Room

Cot supplied at no charge. Valet parking was excellent and they also loaded my luggage into the vehicle in the morning. Great friendly service, will be staying again.

The view from our room was beautiful, the breakfast was...
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

The bathroom wasnt as clean as i could have expected with dirt on the floor & the shower didnt look like it has been cleaned when we arrived

The view from our room was beautiful, the breakfast was generous and the bed was comfortable.

Comfortable
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Paid for Breakfast and was not able to have breakfast due to leaving the hotel early. Was offered a box breakfast which we kindly accepted. Given the star rating of the hotel, we found the box breakfast lacking. Not even my colleagues children would eat it when we arrived home. Disappointed as we were told that we could select items to take on the road with us but clearly not the case, nor were we able to get a coffee for the road.

Plenty of space in the rooms, beds were extremely comfortable and the staff were very friendly. Location was good for our needs, easy access to and from the city area

big, dirty disappointment, in a good location!!
    • Classic King Room

it was DIRTY!!!! so many brown stains on our bedroom carpet in many different spots; also found dirty towel in the bathroom with foundation-looking stain and blood-looking stain!! when we told them, they changed our towels but we were not offered a different room, not even given any sort of discount for having to stay in that dirty room! The bathroom doesn't have a fan, or at least not one that worked. The sink is very dysfunctional as the tap is so close to the beginning of the sink so every time you wash your hands you struggle and also water goes everywhere on the bench. The king bed was made by two singles together but if you lay in the middle you sort of fall in. For the money they charged us with, I was very disappointed with what we got, but most of all for the fact that they didn't do anything to make it better, except for saying sorry and change my towels. I was expecting at least that they wouldn't charge me for the parking, even just as courtesy, but no!

breakfast buffet was good, nice shower, nice view from our room, good location

Nice staff and hotel, wouldn’t stay again if other hotels are available. Didn’t feel value
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

Bathrooms need an update, bar drinks are expensive compared to other hotels I stay at, Marriott etc. Mini bar items not the best in variety and price. Breakfast buffet, not the best.

Room, location, staff were great. Parking.

Huge family room, comfy pillows and bed, beautiful views and...
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast could be improved; often hard to get someone on the phone, pool temp a little cold. A good hotel though

Huge family room, comfy pillows and bed, beautiful views and location

The staff at Breakfast forgot my coffee order and then...
    • Classic King Room

The staff at Breakfast forgot my coffee order and then forgot again when i followed it up. I finally got my coffee after 25 mins when I had to leave and It wasnt even nice!

No free wifi.
    • Classic King Room

No free wifi. Then we had to ask 3 people why and then someone finally told us that if we join as a member we can have free wifi but neither of us received the email. Had to dispute again at checkout which was quick and painless

awesome!
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The design of the room and the bigalow bathroom products. The staff were super friendly and the check in and check out process was so easy and quick. The room was ready before expected check in time also.

Good location, nice room but curtain torn and carpet had black marks
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Housekeeping lacking on p/h, room service trays littered the hallway, not collected, gym not cleaned . . we left a jumper in the gym but couldn’t be located after checkout because it hadn’t been collected and delivered to lost property . . returned to hotel and found ourselves.

Staff were friendly on checkin / checkout

Great lobby.
    • Classic King Room

Air conditioning in the room wasn't great...couldn't drop the temperature too cool down quickly.

Great lobby. Really loved the openess of the towers with the central void/light well. The bed was really comfortable.

Fantastic and we would come again.

Service

We had a problem at first with our room - wrong room allocated, but this was fixed with haste and all staff very helpful and courteous. We were extremely happy with the way this error was handled. Thank you.

As a result of Inconsistent service and cleanliness I found my stay there wasn’t enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

There was an inconsistency with the service where some staff were really helpful and others were inexperienced and on some occasions rude. We had an incident with WiFi on arrival that took nearly three days to resolve due to a system issue. That are in to a lot of the time I was meant to be working. We also had an incident with valet parking which normally wouldn’t bother me but resulted in me running half an hour late. Strangely it nearly occurred the next day where the car was requested but it just didn’t seem to make it to the relevant people resulting in delays. The room clean was poorly managed to the point where I had to pick up rubbish off the floor after several cleanings. At first I thought it was the cleaner not wanting to dispose of things but then it was obvious it was just missed. I often stay at Pullman’s in Europe and India however I won’t be staying at this one on my next visit which is a real shame as I have a loyalty to the hotels.

It was relaxing and we were well looked after
    • Executive Room

The room was quite dated.. as was the bathroom however it was a spacious room. Staff were excellent all round... Level 9 complimentary drinks and nibbles was very nice but a disappointment to see the stained carpet ...

Mainly the location

The bed was extra comfortable & room service was great.
    • Executive Room

We had to keep going down stairs to get our room cards too work for our rooms. And the hallways are a little out dated. But apart from that our 2 day stay was great

The bed was extra comfortable & room service was great. And Andy was super helpful, making sure we had a relaxing weekend.

Great hotel. Excellent service
    • Classic King Room

None. We really enjoyed our stay.

We liked the facilities. Sauna, spa gym and pool are great and clean. Valet parking is convenient. Staff are helpful and friendly in responding to our requests. The room is also very comfortable and spacious

The staff were very friendly and extremely accommodating.
    • Classic King Room

A little mould in the shower, the bathroom taps were too low for the basin so it was difficult to wash your hands without flooding the bench. Room service meals were dry

The staff were very friendly and extremely accommodating. The room was extra large so there was plenty of space and the bed mattress was amazing.

Pretty good.
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

We ate at Windows restaurant. Good menu but service was lacking given the price. Waiter did not suggest side orders when we ordered main course so we had to order them when main course arrived.

View of the lake.

Very comfortable room in a convenient location close to the trams and the city.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Confusing on check in: had already had room rate deducted from credit card for a week. Then they asked to physically handle a driving licence and also to see credit card again. Two types of car parking: Valet parking for $35 and around the corner for self-parking - $20. A small thing - only a couple of teabags and no sugar. (obviously an oversight)

Comfortable beds and pillows. Great shower. We always appreciate having dressing gowns provided as they are bulky and we never pack them. Great location right on Albert Park Lake. Bar staff were lovely where we had a relaxing drink in the lounge area. Restaurant food was very tasty. Room was well appointed with lots of power points and a docking station for iphone. Lots of lamps for good visibility.

Great location for families - housekeeping not good.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Housekeeping was our only issue - we were out each day (all day) and returning to a room that hadn't been made up, and having to repeatedly ask reception to arrange housekeeping for our room, was annoying. Having a fresh made bed and new towels each day is the little luxury we enjoy when we stay in a hotel. And walking down the corridor seeing uncollected food/room service plates lie there for hours on end was tacky... especially watching hotel staff walk past them and not pick them up!

Excellent facilities, great gym/pool and being opposite Albert Park lake and an easy commute to St Kilda and the city is great. My family appreciated seeing more than just the city this time in Melbourne. The car parking was also plentiful and there were both hotel and public parking options available.

Concierge loved his job and looked after us.
    • Classic King Room

We ordered our evening meal before 7pm and did not receive until after we went to bed at 10.30 pm. We did call room service at 9pm and they did give us a glass of wine.

Enjoyed our stay and the conferences Melbourne weather was terrible we never left the venue
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

Booked for 2 king singles bed this bedding arrangement was split after our arrival at our request from king into only single beds that were very uncomfortable Dinner at the restaurant was disappointing meal over priced and menu choice very limited

Staff very friendly and helpful Breakfast was very good with lots of choices and the conference we attended food and service was wonderful

Excellent hotel would stay here again
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

It's a little thing - No muesli and poor selection of breakfast cereals

The hotel was very busy with the conference however all the staff were amazing.

Just what was needed! Feeling Refreshed!
    • Classic King Room

Checking out took longer than needed. LNG queue and not even staff on. Faster process required.

Most liked was the included buffet breakfast - excellent selections, lost of variety and fresh foods! Double King bed was superb!

It was my own fault but didn't realise breakfast was...
    • Classic King Room

It was my own fault but didn't realise breakfast was included until last morning. I am a coeliac so was blown away by such a wonderful array of foods for breakfast. The property was excellent.!!

Expensive - Ok for business but needs some renovation and work done on coffee/food facilities.
    • Classic King Room

The carpet was stained and the rooms needed some renovation, the spa bath didn't work and there was a missing panel, the tv was difficult to see from the bed and the food from room service was poor. The coffee shop staff were grumpy and the wait was really long. It was expensive for what it was. The pool had a hose in it and was low of water.

The room was big, it was warm and had everything needed. The view was lovely and there was on site coffee. The concierge and desk staff were very nice and helpful

The room was great
    • Executive Room

I paid over $700 for the room but had trouble getting through to room service, on more than 3 occasions I could not get through at all. It was also frustrating that the beverages available at the bar down stairs and in the mini bar were not available through room service.

The room was great

View and size of room was pretty good
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast (just not up too scratch),the lighting was too dull in bathroom, found it hard doing makeup for night out, the pillows were really uncomfortable to sleep on and no complimentary water provided.

The bed was comfortable, the ambiance of room and view were great

Comfortable but not quite right
    • Classic King Room

I think my biggest concern is that the Hotel try's to project itself as being 5 star but it isn't. I would rate it a soft 4 stars.

It was a comfortable property overall.

It served my purpose without setting off any fireworks.
    • Classic King Room

The parking arrangements seemed unduly complicated to begin with, and not particularly well explained by the staff in the first instance, although in practice it worked out all right. No instruction booklet for bedside clock radio. Power cable detached from power socket, when reconnected set to 12:01am 1 January and try as I might, I could not find the way to reset it. Staff came and went for three days (whilst I was out, as was appropriate) and no-one had the initiative to set it to current date/time. Food in restaurant somewhat pedestrian and quite expensive for the quality and variety offered.

Convenience of location; pleasant atmosphere in public areas.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Reasonable hotel in good location
    • Classic King Room

Coffee cost $6, and it was not the greatest. Signage around the hotel didn't really make it clear how you could get to reception from the grand ballroom entrance side of the building so as to avoid having to walk around the outside of the building in the bad weather to the front entrance. There was a significant amount of mould in the silicone in the shower, and the room could have been cleaner.

We were able to check in early, which was helpful. Staff were very friendly and remembered us the following morning on checkout. The location was also very close to where my husband had eye surgery. The room design was nice, and there was a good range of pillows of different softnesses available.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

none
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

When I check in at hotel, I can see food left on the floor infront of other room door. After I left hotel have not clean. The queen bed was combine with two single bed. Not comfy. Never be there again!

none

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Comfortable & not far by taxi to where we were going. Overall good.
    • Classic King Room

Bathroom a little dated, needs refurbishment. Only 1 robe, no coffee left in room. Considering what they charge, this should not happen.

Best part of the room was the king size bed. Extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great location, less that satifactory car parking
    • Classic Queen Room (2 adults)

Their arrangements for self parking are not satisfactory. Self parking costs $20 PER ENTRY. It should be a 24 hr rate and guests should be allowed to enter and remove cars as many times as they want in that 24hr period. It is probably the only reason I wouldn't stay there again

Their free room WiFi was better than most hotels.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Staff were great!
    • Classic King Room

Food was poor for breakfast and for the 3rd time in a row, extremely poor for our business conference. Not enough and not well thought out special needs food at all. Is very disappointing.

Staff were great! Bed was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

ok but in the end frustrating
    • Classic King Room

Noise inside venue from other patrons which continued past 1am and no attempt made by staff to stop the noise. Sent email complaint to management later same week which i received a half arsed, sarcastic reply to. will probably not stay there again due to this fact alone. Have previously stayed there and not had a problem. The normally fantastic breakfast was ordinary, some items not available $40 a head for basic breakfast stuff is not good value.

Bar, casual eating area

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Good but could have been better
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

my room is in need of an update, very worn in bathroom. the room was warm even when i turned A/C on. My last stay there was better, the room was very nice.

your food was delish and the waiting staff very friendly, no complaints

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Careful of the fake mini bar charges.
    • Classic King Room

Be careful of the fake mini bar charge. When we checked out they thought we had drunk an energy drink. We had not and they said to not worry about it. Next time I looked at my credit card they charged us. A couple of emails that I sent were not responded to. It is a minor amount but shows that the hotel is not very well run and customer service is not a priority.

Beds were very comfortable and the selection of different...
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The Pullman is very expensive compared to other smaller, modern hotels in the area that are just as comfortable. For this price I expected a little more. Only 24 hours free wifi when we were staying 4 days was disappointing. Housekeeping never once managed to replace all the items in our rooms and we often had to ask for coffee cups, teaspoons etc. Having to queue up to get in to the breakfast room was also annoying, as one staff member took room numbers, charged customers and then wondered away to show people to their seats. At busy times they need more people serving at the entrance to breakfast. And my only one other complaint is that the bar closed at 11.30 on a Saturday night!! Surely they could stretch to midnight :-)

Beds were very comfortable and the selection of different pillows was great. Location is excellent and the concierge and all other staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. The pool is nice - larger than the usual hotel pools and the gym very well stocked with equipment.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

disappointing
    • Classic King Room

our room did not get made up after our first night and when we advised the duty manager he said the staff probably misread the doorknob sign as a do not disturb sign even though one is white and other is black - very poor excuse

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Bad untrained staff good rooms on high floor
    • Classic King Room

Bad staff desk staff, asked me to book on websites when I was in the hotel made three rooms reservation for multiple nights. Plus. It even avail my LeClub. The rate offered by staff was much more than on websites. One room is even for 4 nights. It was a Trotskyism mess

Rooms were good

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Nice Outlook from Lake View Room
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

Room a bit dusty on arrival. No prices with mini bar items. Toilet not cleaned as part of room servicing (or an oversight). Cafe was not open during our stay and the bar did not open until 3pm. This was very annoying as no other cafes were open near the hotel as it was between Christmas and New Year. The only option for food or drinks therefore was to use room service which cost an extra $5 tray charge. I think the bar should have opened earlier to allow for people requiring lunch.

Pool and spa good. Nice outlook from lake view room. Fairly spacious.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

A fabulous stay in Melbourne
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

The view from our room overlooking the lake and city skyline was exceptional. The bed was super comfy, the room was enormous, well appointed and quiet. Staff were really helpful too. An excellent location for exploring the city and surroundings.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable.
    • Classic King Room

The check in process was horrendous, very delayed...the front office manager (Katrina N) was unfriendly and did not trust my word and confirmation email received from booking.com regarding the number of rooms booked and the inclusions (breakfast) in the tariff.Overall the front office/reception staff need to learn ro smile while checking in guest so as to make the guest welcome and comfortable.

The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. The breakfast was very good and had some variety. The staff in the restaurant were friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The bedding was very nice, particularly the pillows.
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

Dinner serving staff were very rude and service was unprofessional. Food was very tasty.

The bedding was very nice, particularly the pillows. Breakfast was good and the serving staff were attentive.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Very friendly staff and helpful with local information ...
    • Classic King Room

Only one staff member not so friendly or interested in our query.

Very friendly staff and helpful with local information Enjoyed the coffee area in the lobby Very nicely appointed room

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Peaceful
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

Only 1 basin in the bathroom, no coffee pods in rooms, old furniture, dirty carpet

The lobby and cafe

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Pool and gym
    • Deluxe Room with Lake View

Mould in the bathrooms, no balcony, expensive accomodation, small room, expensive food

Pool and gym

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Pretty average
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast Having to pay for movies

Size of the bed

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

location, cleanliness and staff

everything was good

location, cleanliness and staff

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Spacious room and a comfortable bed with good linen
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

Small bathroom and shower was old style. Bar was closed early.

Spacious room and a comfortable bed with good linen

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

• Classic King Room

Location, it has good location but if you wanna go for city you have to use taxi or uper

Staff, rooms and hotel in general