Reviews of Pullman Melbourne On the Park 5 stars

192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne, 3002 Melbourne, Australia

#73 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

great location and we still enjoyed our mini break
    • Superior King Room

Things looked tired and a bit shabby in areas. Carpet etc. Our TV kept freezing, then turning off and took ages to restart. We asked for it to be looked at while we were out for dinner, but they may have come and looked at it but it continued to not work properly and eventually wound't restart at all.

Location is perfect and atff friendly. Maybe needed additional staff at busy check in time.

Great property
    • Superior King Room

We loved everything about this property.

My son and I came to Melbourne to watch An Afl game and the Pullman was the perfect location to do that.directly across from the MCG .We also arrived a bit earlier than the check in time and the staff were great to get us our room.Also we found the beds are very comfortable had a great night sleep,would recommend staying at the Pullman to everyone.

CTVt
    • Deluxe Premium King Room with View

The location suited me. Across the street from the Fitzroy gardens.. Right at the Jollimont tram and train stations. I enjoyed the excitement of the footy games at the stadium across the street. During football season this is not a quiet place. But I liked the excitement and the people.

CTVt

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

A great location accessible very easily by public transport.
    • Superior King Room

Bar staff cannot put a decent beer. They need proper beer glasses not hi-ball glasses for beer as they don’t hold a head.

A great location accessible very easily by public transport.

Overall very pleased with the stay.
    • Deluxe Premium King Room with View

Shower sprayed over the floor, sometimes can’t be helped. Bench above fridge had marks from previous stays.

The bed was so big and comfy, view was good. Staff very friendly

We were cared for very well.
    • Superior King Room

Restricting wifi to 3 devices is frustrating and ridiculous when 2 people are travelling. Make it 4!! Our room 402 was outdated and desperately in need of an update. Written instructions for TV would help as navigation is convoluted. Breakfast price of $42 ea was ridiculous. Small bottle of water should be free.

Free wifi is a must for me and being an Accor member this was available.

Fantastic place to stay, lovely staff, close to everything.
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Club Lounge Access

Waiting three quarters of an hour for room service and having to ring again.

Room really comfortable. Access to the Lounge convenient especially for breakfast. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great location, close to the MCG & Rod Laver, easy walk...
    • Superior King Room

Great location, close to the MCG & Rod Laver, easy walk in to the city or use the Tram stop just out the front door. Great beds and very friendly staff.

Nice comfy
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paying $35 for parking when we are already paying over $250 for a room I just think the parking should be included in ur room

It’s great location bed was comfy

Great overall. Coffee situation nuts.
    • Superior King Room

I can’t understand having a coffee machine with substandard coffee when you have real people making omelettes. It’s not as if the breakfast is cheap!

Room comfy. Great view.

Great facilities, great location and helpful staff
    • Superior King Room

The bar was overcrowded (being close to MCG when big games are on means EVERYONE seems to look for a drink at the Pullman after the game)

The facilities are of a high standard, the location is great for connection to the CBD via train and/ or tram and the staff were super helpful.

Reception staff were so very helpful and pleasant at all...
    • Superior King Room

The time it took for room service and the fact that the food was cold. It was simple wedges, fries and sandwich. One particular member of consierge staff was inept and caused some anquish for the team I had with me. It was however, just the one person.

Reception staff were so very helpful and pleasant at all times. Could not have done more to help.

It was a pleasent comfortable stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room could have done with a second chair at the desk.

The room was very clean. The water pressure was pretty good in the shower & the bed was comfortable.

Really enjoyed our stay but will not book the club room unless the standard has been raised.
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Club Lounge Access

The food in the club room was very poor and there was not much variety in the food. Very sub standard compared to other countries. For the money spent to obtain access to the club room you are better off going to a restaurant and having a great 3 course meal - better value for money.

The staff were very pleasant, helpfull and accommodating.

Good Stay but lacking in the quality I expected
    • Superior King Corner Suite with View

The room was very nice, but the big stains in the carpet and the lack of hot water in the shower was disappointing, the service level in the restaurant was not great and our booking had been lost. When going down for breakfast we had a very interesting ride down with the cleaner who's cart took up a large part of the lift with my partner and myself having to be squeezed in with other guests and the cart

It was in a great spot and the view from the room was really nice,. I enjoyed the fact that the hotel was able to organise to have flowers in the room for my partner

Perfect place if you're venturing to the MCG in Melbourne for a sporting event
    • Superior King Room

Bathroom had slight step into it which on occassion caused a stubbed toe!

Room had a great view, bed was super comfortable, staff were friendly and it was quick check in, the breakfast buffet was delicious with plenty of variety.

Had a lovely stay, staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

When booking was made I was told breakfast was $38.00 and was written on my confirmation paper...which I wished I still had with me. We were charged $42.00 at counter after we had checked out and that was x5 with other family members who were stopping also.

We had a lovely stay at Pullman on the Park, great location for MCG and Rod Laver Arena. Great bar a restaurant. Beds were lovely and comfortable. Bar area was great too!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Such a beautiful hotel.

Leaving!

Such a beautiful hotel. From the moment you arrive you’re spoilt. Doorman. Front desk. Batman. Every single member of staff was absolutely amazing. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Property was a great location.
    • Superior King Room

Room was quite dated. Some lights didn’t work properly, bathroom power outlet wouldn’t work. Wallpaper is bathroom is shabby. Needs a deep clean.

Property was a great location. Lobby is beautiful. Staff are friendly & helpful.

Your staff are your best asset , I stay regularly and they...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some of the rooms need a Make over bit I understand that that is a work in progress

Your staff are your best asset , I stay regularly and they never let me down

Perfect location near Rod laver arena
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower taps aren’t in the best location for trying to adjust the temperature

Perfect location near Rod laver arena Wonderful attentive staff Comfortable and clean

Pleasant a great location to Rod Lava Arena.
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom door jammed closed so hard our friend was stuck in there, staff responded quickly and pushed hard on it to release it and they said that this was a common problem with these doors.If one person only in the room and they become locked in there it would be a awkward situation. pls fix!!

BEDS VERY COMFY!!

Breakfast was amazing.
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Two Double Beds

For the price of the room I expected it to be a bit more bigger and the bathroom was a bit cramped with an out dated toilet and the bath was all chipped. I stayed here a few years ago and our room was huge and the bathroom was big and modern. Other than that everything was fine.

Breakfast was amazing. Love the coffee and great selection of food.

Good
    • Superior King Room

Some of the staff need a course on check in process and you need to look at the customer.

The restaurant in the hotel served one of the best buffet breakfast I have eaten and enjoyed. And the buffet option for dinner was delicious. The beds were comfortable and clean. The only disappointing aspects were the rooms were very dated and dark. The shower was rubbish very hard to operate and difficult to access. A good response from management re noise in room due to construction a change of room was quickly arranged and we enjoyed a much more peaceful stay.

Very nice hotel with good facilities and great staff
    • Superior King Room

Bed and pillows were to firm for me . Toiletries a bit skimpy . Offered an upgrade at a cost of $100. Which we took but didn’t feel was good value .

Overall good value for money .. breakfast was very good very busy and the staff were excellent . Room was comfortable and clean ,

It was a comfortable stay with a great location
    • Superior King Room

Rooms weren’t very well noise insulated, window on the 16th floor had no security and opened very easily so could be very dangerous.

Great location with friendly and helpful staff

Great stay but a little pricey for my liking.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cost of parking and the cost of breakfast. I just couldn't justify paying $38 for breakfast. I could not consume that much food in one sitting.

Great location for our concert at Rod Laver Arena.

We had a wonderful stay and were looked after well by the staff.
    • Superior King Room

The plumbing in the bathroom.

Great location to visit the MCG and the National Museum of Sport. Staff friendly and we arrived about 10 and asked to leave our bags and they had a room ready for us then.

Location was great.
    • Superior King Room

Our bin in our room was not empty, the bathroom was outdated and in need of renovation. The bath/shower diverter was terrible to turn on the shower you had to turn on the bath first to get the temperature correct or risk getting blasted with cold water from the shower outlet.

Location was great.

pleasant friendly staff in close proximity to the arena.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price of a buffet evening meal. We stayed on a Saturday night and it was $30 extra, making it $95 per head. But if you forget about the price, i don't expect smoggers board in a top hotel outside of breakfast.

We only ate breakfast in the restaurant, as i wasn't willing to pay $95 for a buffet evening meal, when i'm ceoliac and and have a small appetite. My daughter enjoyed her breakfast and found a good quantity to chose from. I on the other hand was very limited due to my Ceoliac as they cooked items together which contaminated the food for me. The gluten free bread was very heavy and dense, there are a lot better available out there these days.

A very pleasant stay, clean and comfortable room the staff were friendly and helpful. A short walk t
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Two Double Beds

The parking was a bit dingy and there was litter and empty bottles left behind.

Staff were fantastic, pleasant and helpful. Bar great to meet with friends.Breakfast was delicious with great range. Slept well room was quiet and clean

Convenient. Next time I'd pay for a room that doesn't have two singles joined together.
    • Superior King Room

Bed was 2 singles put together, which I think was stated when I booked, I found I ended up sleeping in a depression where they joined. Water pressure and temperature was not great for the shower (not enough pressure and only lukewarm to cool) - I didn't bother reporting it to management, they probably would have done something if I did.

The room was a good size and well appointed. The food in the restaurant was good, albeit a little expensive (but not crazy expensive) for what it was. The staff were extremely helpful. Check-in and check-out were easy.

Thank you Pullmans for a great weekend.
    • Superior King Room

Nothing really. Cannot complain about anything.

Really enjoyed our stay at Pullmans On The Park. The room was great, the staff were friendly, and the food was beautiful. It was walking distance to all of the sporting grounds. Had a fantastic weekend.

Location was fantastic for footy.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Abit over priced for size of room . Bathroom my 5 year got stuck in there door got jamed.

Location was fantastic for footy. Staff at check in was great . Parking was a bit expensive!

Comfortable but improvements need to be implemented.
    • Superior King Room

It was hard to find a parking bay,parking not only for visitors of the Hotel. Mini fridge was empty,mirror was dirty, bath too low, hot and cold water taps hard to reach ,poor steam to fill bath, 1x bed light not working.Could have an express check out lane.Only 2 lifts working and took too long to reach room or reception.

Location, close to MCG, Bed was comfortable.

Comfortable stay, could be better
    • Superior King Room

Parking is expensive, check website for rates Renovations in the basement, restricting driving & access Shower taps were directly below the shower - so watch out for the cold blast of water when you turn the knob.

Comfortable bed Gym faciltiies

Staff were fabulous.
    • Deluxe Premium King Room with View

No issues with the property at all.

Staff were fabulous. We were on a belated honeymoon and our room was upgraded and a gorgeous platter with congratulations on entry to our room. We could not fault the hotel, the room, the service or the location. The breakfast (included in the room price) was sensational. We will be back.

Bed was comfy.
    • Superior King Room

Air con didn't work well. Room furniture was tired and bathroom could have been cleaner. In room dining menu was expensive for what you got.

Bed was comfy. Check in and check out was efficient.

A full holiday experience.
    • Deluxe Premium King Room with View

That I was only staying one night. I would like to have stayed longer. I will be back.

All staff from initial booking through to checkout going that extra mile to make me feel welcome.....seeing I was a returning guest, Michael in reservations took the time at my booking to find out why I was travelling then to upgrade my room and send a complimentary room service dessert plate to make my visit very special.

Apart from the above I might have liked it a bit more
    • Superior King Room

The fact that I was there after a surgery to rest and was woken by four wake up calls ment for another room, then a knock at the door for the other room, and the night before other people wanting to come into our room with the wrong room number .

The bed, dinner was good , room service good

Excellent. Would 100% recommend this place to anyone and would stay again.
    • Superior King Room

The wifi was hard to use. Could only work out the complimentary one, kept getting errors when I tried to purchase a better package. Bathroom didn’t have an exhaust fan so everything kept fogging up.

Bed was comfy. View was excellent. The staff members were all very good, the check-in lady was especially, Mardi, I believe was her name went above and beyond.

Wouldn't recommend staying unless there were ultra cheap rates.
    • Superior King Room

The bath was covered in dirt and had obviously not been cleaned (took photos and a video of you want to see) there were crumbs in the desk drawer - obviously not cleaned. The bathroom was tired with chips out of the bath, a very old toilet seat - kind of flimsy and not sure if it was leaking as there was water behind the seat on the porcelain. The under thing on bed was very noisy and crinkly. Building work during conference a bit disappointing as couldn't hear properly sometimes. The chairs for a 2 day conference need to be more comfortable with some lumbar support. I had to leave early on second day as I was in too much Pain

Staff were helpful and held my bag until check in as I was there for a conference. Food served at the conference was ok - maybe more fresh fruit and vegetables next time. Overall cleanliness of conference was good. Location to the city walking distance or trams right outside.

Excellent location, clean and great staff!! Will be back to stay again!!
    • Superior King Room

Only fault was the rooms were a little bit loud, we could hear a bit of noise going on in the rooms next door but didn't worry us to much!

Room had a great location as we were heading to the MCG to watch the footy for the night! Room was clean and comfortable!

Had a good time because of the location
    • Superior King Room

Queues at check in and check out were too long. Half the lifts weren't working so the whole stay was marred by queues of people waiting for lifts. No free wifi! Pool and spa area needs a spruce up.

Staff at check in and out were very nice. Location of the hotel is the main reason we booked and it is the best for the MCG.

Great location, and the food is beautiful both dinner and...
    • Superior King Room

Parking was full so we had to pay for vallet parking which was very expensive. The parking should only be for staying guests.

Great location, and the food is beautiful both dinner and breakfast menu

Very close to perfection
    • Superior King Room

The shower head is very dated but fulfills its function.

The excellent service from all departments-----arrival,check-in, room service, food for all meals, quick check-out. All questions answered promptly.

I enjoy the location of the hotel and will continue to stay there when I am in Melbourne.
    • Superior King Room

I have stayed at the hotel twice since march and will stay again this week. The difference in room process, for the same room is significant. I do not understand the difference of over $150 price difference for the same room type.?? The room I stayed in had some dark areas in the grout, I assumed it was mould. It was very easy to see, not sure why it was not either cleaned, or grout replaced as it does not look good. Some form of loyalty points would be good without having to pay to join a club.

It is a great location for attending the football. easy to catch a tram into the city. Staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable.

Ordinary
    • Superior King Room

Car park is crap Towels has a terrible smell Room window knob broken - could not close the window Everything is so outdated - smells Plumbing is noisy

It was nice
    • Superior King Room

They were doing digging out the front so a little inconvenient, the price was very steep, I know it was due to the gran Prix but it was 1 night only and felt gauged

It was nice

Overall a nice place
    • Superior King Room

The bed was really hot (the mattress retained heat like an electric blanket was on - but there wasn’t one at all) and no air con in the room, could only open the window for cooler air but traffic noise below meant it wasn’t an option. Bathroom floor unclean under the vanity and bath needs a good scrub.

Lovely surprise waiting for us. huge bed and great location.

Unbelievable. We will be back and we will let our family and friends know where to stay.
    • Superior King Room

Couldn’t find anything we didn’t like.

Venue was excellent as we attended the football at the MCG then we met another couple and enjoyed a chat along with a few drinks. Venue and atmosphere awesome. Yes beds were comfy view over MCG also awesome.

Spacious hotel room.
    • Superior King Room

Did not supply shower cap, difficult to turn taps on and off with out wetting hair. Lighting was too bright. Dimmer lights were over bed, could do with a lamp.

Spacious hotel room. Efficient and friendly staff.

Nice stay and pretty walk through park. Good location with a little walk to the CBD and good access.
    • Superior King Room

Faulty switch and plug in bathroom and Shower...,taps difficult to access if you didn’t want your hair saturated Noisy on road front, trams in particular. The room was “A bit tired” we thought.

Surrounding parklands

It was very relaxing and staff very accomodating.
    • Superior King Room

In the past the outdoor pool was reasonably warm to swim in but was very cold on our stay this time and all the other couples there struggled to get in also. Also I did request for the two rooms I booked to be close but on arrival was told that there were none available so my sister was on level 2 and we were on level 17.

Enjoyed the spa , sauna. Breakfast was awesome. Staff fantastic. Location was great.

Perfect location for going to the football at the MCG.
    • Superior King Room

Couldn’t work out how to have some lights in the room and some off. (Very minor problem)

Exception service from the staff. We were given a late check so as our child could have a nap in the room before we went to the football. Location was perfect for going to the MCG.

Was very happy and would stay there again

All was good

The room was great .The Service at the restaurant was the best I had in a while and the food was great too and bar staff where great as well so over all the stay was excellent 10 out of 10😀👍

I had not stayed at this Hotel before and it made going to the concert with friends an amazing night
    • Superior King Room

I would have liked to know what I needed to do for my husband to check in before me so we could have done this easily. There is no where where I can request or inform the hotel via the booking.com to do that luckily we were with friends until I could ring.

Loved the location for what we were doing which was going to Rod Laver for a concert.

Stayed at the hotel for the global ballooning .
    • Superior King Room

Stayed at the hotel for the global ballooning . Was disappointed that the parking was so expensive . The flight was canceled due to weather and it will make it expensive to stay again with the cost of the parking .

3 star hotel for 5 star price
    • Superior King Room

For the price paid, it was very very disappointing. 3 star hotel for 5 star price. A few issues - toilet had tissue left over from previous guest - no toothbrush, shaving kit or slippers provided! Had to ask for it. And the slippers given looks like it’s been picked out of the bin. - an led light in the room was flickering - cleaning staff could not have not noticed it - shower had only lukewarm water on one of the nights when I showered a bit later at around 11pm - very dated building, toilet flaking - wifi is $10 a night! Who still pays for wifi in this day and age?

Staff was friendly

Nice but tired
    • Superior King Room

Rooms are tired and linen is terrible. Sheets are scratchy and towels are small. 5 star prices 2 star amenities. $8 for a cookie a little OTT.

There was an imbalance of aspects that were very good, and other areas that were very average
    • Superior King Room

The public areas have clearly all had refurbishments but some areas such as corridors, lifts, bathrooms are very 'dated' The actual room itself was good - just the bathroom is very old fashioned.

Bar, restaurant, fitness facilities and pool. Daily Happy Hour is good, although the staff service is just ok.

Pullman
    • Superior King Room

Road, rail and tram noise constantly disturbed us. The room was located on the lift foyer and people comming and going wete very loud and disturbed our sleep.

Location was conveniently near the concert venue where we went. Breakfast was good but expensive

Our room was very clean and comfy however, the outside area...
    • Superior King Room

Our room was very clean and comfy however, the outside area was dirty not swept, broken glass in garden area some sort of holder for a smoke and an empty Jim Bean can on the ground. Also a gate not being used up against the wall.

Perfect location to attend events and sports. Staff are excellent.
    • Superior King Room

I didn't really like the shower/bath set up.

It's location is really good and the staff are fabulous. Room service was fantastic and the room was great.

Not a pleasant stay - won't be back
    • Superior King Room

Unfortunately I had a terrible stay. The bathroom was not clean, and had dirty hairs in it and behind the toilet was filthy. The toilet kept making a loud noise during the night, and the bed was terribly uncomfortable. Restaurant is over-priced.

Staff were exceptionally pleasant and accommodating.

Location, friendly staff!
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast was over rated and simply not worth it at all. There were not many selections, there were not many staff, Morning Chef was not good couldn’t fix a simple Omelet. I for one, do not recommend it.

Location, friendly staff!

Friendly,helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Premium King Room with View

Friendly,helpful staff. Clean and comfortable room. Was near the elevator but absolutely no noise from it. Was perfectly located for my Rod Laver arena concert which was a 5 minute walk away. Had Dinner and breakfast at the restaurant, the staff were so friendly and the food was lovely. Parking was under the hotel and couldn’t be easier to get to. Totally recommend this hotel!

Read comments above......the stay was poor to say the least
    • Superior King Room

Rooms old Shower was not clean The temperature control for shower was terrible eg. the mix between hot and cold was difficult, probably due to the old style fitout The minibar was empty The iron was old and left a stain on my expensive shirt Somebody barged into the room unannounced at about 6am (They apologised and left)

The location was fine

We won’t be staying again
    • Superior King Room

As a supposed 4.5 star hotel it doesn’t make the grade. More like 3.5. The air conditioner was inadequate. A lot of the corridor noise comes into the room. Sachets of Nescafé coffee in a 4.5 star hotel !! Come on. Fridge was off when we arrived. Not enough milk.

The location was great for the game at the MCG. Access to public transport was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar/lounge area was pleasant.

Fantastic start for our 3 weeks in Australia, couldn't be any better!

nothing to complain about

Great location for AO, very friendly staff, breakfast of very good quality and variety, bar always a nice place to sit and have a nice meal and good wine, easy going.

Wonderful as always.
    • Deluxe Executive King Room with Club Lounge Access

A little disappointed the Executive Lounge was being used for a private function. And a make shift venue was arranged. Not really satisfactory. We felt bumped of for the dollars a private function would bring.

The staff. On check-in we were greeted by Marli who was the loveliest. Talked explained all. Made our check-in fast, friendly and efficient. Did everything in her power to make our early check-in not an inconvenience.

1.Good location for Australian Open
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

1.Too soft bed,have to sleep on the floor for 2 nights 2.Bath tub and bath room is old and not clean as I expect

1.Good location for Australian Open 2.Close to beautiful huge park

Outside pool and spa
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower over bath and no alternative. Hotel good, rooms could be cleaner, finger marks on walls, switches, tiles, mirrors, doors etc etc

Outside pool and spa

It was ok. Good place to stay if you are going to the Australian Open.
    • Deluxe Premium King Room with View

They need to provide an airport shuttle. They need to have a better menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All they have is a very expensive buffet or a very limited, and rather strange, menu in the bar. Also the rooms are small for the money, and the shower was awkward.

We went to the Australian Open, so the location was great for that. It is walking distance to Melbourne Park. If you're not going to the Open, you would be better off in the City. There were no good places to eat near this hotel, and the restaurant on the property only had a very expensive buffet for breakfast and dinner.

"I'LL BE BACK!"

A little pricey.

Great location, easy access to the tennis. Fantastic friendly helpful staff. Clean facilities, bed wonderful - ohhh sooo comfy - thankyou so much for a great nights sleep!