Reviews of Pullman Sydney Hyde Park 5 stars

36 College St, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#102 of 306 hotels in Sydney

5.2

• Superior Twin Room with Park View

Good hotel right opposite Hyde Park and only a fifteen minute stroll down to circular quay. The room was comfortable and quiet due to the double glazed windows. I would happily stay again.

• Superior Twin Room

Only issue was time waiting for lifts. Seemed a bit slow & perhaps not all operating.

Staff are always friendly & helpful. Bed very comfortable, room set out well & quiet for such a central location. Lovely city view to the East. TV didn’t work initially which was frustrating as wanting to watch World Cup match but staff were prompt in addressing & reset tv in time for start.

• Superior Queen Room

Although I asked the staff the day before if they were able to provide a flower vase in the room, and they said that it would be arranged, when I checked in the next day there was no vase in the room. I spoke to the staff at the reception and it took them more than one hour until someone brought a vase to my room.

Nice and comfortable room, great bed, liked the bathroom. They gave me free parking because it was my birthday. Tried some food at Cafe36 and it was yummy.

• Superior Twin Room

Only suggestion would be to put a cigarette ashtray outside the property for guests to use

Bed was very comfy, staff were super friendly, room service was tasty

• Superior Queen Room

We were staying while attending medical appointments, location was good for our appointments. The T V was dodgy couldn't get the remote to work, & an additional blanket would have been handy.

• Superior Queen Room

Breakfast area was congested with people and people kept taking tables even though staff had directed us to certain tables

Great view,clean room and close to cbd

• Superior Queen Room

The spa was not bubbling, and breakfasts were expensive, I think breakfast should always be included when staying at a hotel not extra, and would gain more customers, I always look for places where breakfast is included.

beds were really comfy and loved that you could choose pillows, great view, very comfortable and large rooms, felt very luxurious. We did get a very good rate.

• Superior Queen Room

Sadly there were two negatives. Our room 918 was obviously close to the lifts and it seemed like jets were flying in every few minutes. Secondly my first shower, at about 9:30pm, was almost cold.

Staff were excellent; friendly and natural. The room was comfortable and the bed excellent. A nice view of the harbour.

• Superior Queen Room

Even though they gave me free internet, shouldn't it just be standard for it to be free in 2018? I also left my charger in the room, I called an spoke to Kristen, she informed me that house keeping advises there was no charge in the room, it was there, I'm down a charger now.

Checked in for my 40th birthday. The concierge asked why I was checking in so I told him. He gave me a free upgrade and free internet. I had an amazing view of Hyde Park.

Almost all aspects This property is average to poor, it could be so much better, the lifts are a real issue they are inadequate at the best of times but broke down twice in 3 days and had people waiting 10 minutest to be able to leave the floor they were on. The food is not great it comes too fast is only just warm. I tried to call housekeeping as instructed for laundry and never answered on several occasions, in the end had to go to reception. The management needs overhauling!

Size of room , price and location

• Superior Twin Room with Park View

The bed was comfy and I liked the walk across the park in the morning. The proximity to Museum Station was very convenient and the twin queen beds made it great when my husband did arrive. I also liked not having an overcrowded buffet breakfast to deal with . A small café with limited healthy choices was more relaxing .

• Superior Queen Room

Average facilities for a 5 star and room next to a lift shaft that was noisy all night. Also serviced room late in the afternoon when wanted to relax.

• Superior Queen Room

I left my charger in the room. I called and spoke to Kristen, she said she will speak to house keeping and call me back. She did, within 5 mins and advised me the charger was not in the room. It was, I am now down a charger! I wish they returned it.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Superior Queen Room

Wifi was not free of charge. The dine in dinner was not nice, it seems from the fridge and reheat it before serving. The bathtub was nice, but stopper for the bathtub was missing, couldn't enjoy it. Shower water pressure was low and small.

Good location. We like the room design, it was spacious, as well as comfy bed and pillows. Most of the staffs are friendly. Food in cafe was not bad.

Location is good.

Staff are all good except for concierge in suit on 22/5. Shoved my Rimowa into the cab and broke the lock as we went out at 6pm that eve. And walked away after. Didn't even bother close the lid to the booth. A bit poor on his care factor. Have to pay for wifi access...seriously.

• Superior Queen Room

The bed was a bit small for two, but really confortable, the breakfast was amazing but a bit expensive if booked separately

Everything was perfect. The room was superb, with huge windows. Staff really friendly and helpful. Great breakfast. Great location. Very clean

Found the lifts exceptionally slow, the bed was way too soft for my liking and the pillows too big and bulky.

Very well presented rooms - great size and good amenities. Convenient location with easy access to the city.

• Superior Queen Room

Poor initial room. Was inconvenient to find broken or unclean issues in the room. But staff corrected this well. Pool was not heated on the night. Otherwise comfortable and happy

The initial room was below standard but they provided a new room that was agreeable and to my expectation. Nice spa and sauna but the pool was fridgedly cold. Staff very willing to accommodate and correct any issues

• Superior Queen Room

Would be nice to have a decent hot meal even late night. The menu is very limited and the kitchen closes very early. As tourists, we sometimes want to eat late, or to get out of bed late, in which case we miss breakfast. Would have been nice to have even a limited selection for late breakfast.

Terrific location, very helpful staff. Kudos to the chef who, when we ordered room service dinner, went out of his way to make a dish the way I like it!

• Superior Queen Room

The breakfast could have had more variety.

Staff made me feel very welcome from the beginning. My room was nice, clean, trendy with a great view of Hyde Park.

• Superior Queen Room

The room needs more lighting it was just way too dark The first night we slept in the cold because there was no air coming out of the room, it got fixed the next day but did the same thing that evening and in the morning.

• Superior Queen Room

The staff were absolutely fabulous, quick to accommodate all our needs and assist with anything we asked. Breakfast was also beautiful, perfect for Mother's Day for which we were there.

• Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Access

It's 21st century and having to sign up to the membership program for free WiFi is just not right

Good location. Clean and comfortable. Pillow menu is really a plus.

• Superior Double Room with Park View

The fridge is too small and it doesn’t make your items cold enough. The alarm clock dock is very outdated (old iPhone 3/4) Th TV doesn’t have Netflix or Stan to login and watch with your own account

Comfortable, clean, spacious, good view of city and Hyde park area

• Superior Queen Room

View wasn't like in picture, check in too 20 mins due to system issues , was told something special organised for hubby bday but nothing extra when we arrived to room. Parking not included.

Clean good location comfy bed good buffet nice view hyde park whole eating buffet breakfast

• Superior Queen Room

There was often noise sounding like it was coming from above our room, possibly removations but we were not told of any.

Extremely friendly and kind staff

• Superior Queen Room

There was nothing “superior” about our “Superior Queen Room”. We had no bedsheet on our bed, just a big thick heavy doona and as a result, slept on the mattress protector our first night and requested additional sheets. For a 5 star hotel, I’d expect more than free-view TV, not that we got to enjoy it that much seeing as half the time we couldn’t even turn it on, clearly a fault somewhere. Do you even have wifi? Unfortunately, I have no idea about your facilities or add-ons because there was ZERO information in our room. No welcome note, no instructions if we need to call the front desk or order room service. We were given a pillow menu and a restaurant booklet and that is all. The room service food was poor. We ordered sweet potato chips and a pizza. The chips where over cooked, and the pizza tasted and felt like it had been reheated in the microwave, not the “woodfire” you advertise. We would’ve got a better quality feed at Maccas for half the price. And finally when it was time to leave, I had to buzz reception to let me out of the carpark as the ticket we were given wouldn’t work. $110 to park my car in a space smaller than what I could get at Aldi, it took a 17 point turn to get between a pole and marked line, and even though I was only at your hotel was 36hrs, it was still charged at full rate for 2 days use.

The only thing that saved this hotel was the beautiful staff. Everything else was a let down.

• Superior Twin Room

The beds were a little two small for two people. (twin share)

the location and the facilities were excellent. The staff were fantastic and very helpful. A god example was that we mentioned in passing to a staff member that is was my daughters birthday. Later that day a small birthday cake and card was delivered to our room. We could not find who to thank, but it was a great gesture.

• Superior Queen Room

Staff went out of their way on arrival to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Was a real pleasure to stay here, definitely will return, thank you.

• Superior Queen Room

Staff were great and the Pullman met all expectations. The cocktail bar was fantastic and in house dining was fresh too. Assortment of pillows is good to have, as we all have different tastes(don't we?) Great allrouder

• Superior Queen Room

The water temperature is extremely hot!! My partner burnt himself on his foot causing him to almost slip into the entire bath tub due to the shock. If this had to have happened to a child, it could have ended very badly. Please adjust the hot water temp to not be so scolding hot in the rooms! Also your Espresso Martini’s recipe need to be improved and made with proper espresso coffee! worst cocktails I’ve ever had! Waste of $45!!

Room was nice n modern. Bath tub was huge! Sound proof rooms and block out curtains allowed for a very deep sleep. Location is perfect!

• Superior Queen Room

Hallway on level 9 smelt strongly of mould for our entire stay. Room did not, but hallway smelt so strongly it made my partner feel nauseous.

Good room and view.

• Superior Queen Room

This hotel had the most amazing staff and customer service I have ever experienced anywhere. I was overly pleased with the service I received!! Wishing I stayed longer

• Superior Queen Room

The room service breakfast was terrible. Very salty and when I advised the front desk on checkout I was offered no refund or compensation.

Bed was amazing. Staff were amazing. Pool and spa has the best views. Room was beautiful. Location ideal.

I wish I could stay longer than 1 night. The whole experience was outstanding

I scored an excellent deal and the price of what I paid for this stay was unbelievably cheap for such a luxurious stay

• Superior Queen Room

Was advised breakfast was until 11am but not advised that it was only during the Easter public holidays and 10am on regular so missed it on the last day.

• Superior Twin Room

The spa wasn’t working. Check in staff weren’t as nice or helpful. The Tv and phone weren’t working. No free wifi.

Loved the service of the breakfast staff they were wonderful. The checkin staff were not as polite. The room was ok but the Tv and phone didn’t work properly. And the rooms needed better electrical charging for phones especially. Also the pool and spa area was nice but spa wasn’t working. Overall was 6 out of 10. Free wifi should be a given.

• Superior Queen Room

The room was small and just not enough facilities, the mini bar was filled to brim so I couldn’t put my own stuff

The bathroom facilities were good but not so much of everything else

• Superior Twin Room

I was staying overnight with my daughter for her birthday and not only did we receive an upgrade on our room but when we arrived into the room there was a beautiful chocolate mud cake with happy birthday on the top. My daughter was thrilled and it’s little things like that that make you want to return. Thank you Pullman and Noelene who organized it all for us.

• Superior Queen Room

I was charged for wifi despite being told it was included in the package however it was taken off. Lack of information about the hotel in the room

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The staff were all very helpful taking luggage to our room etc. The room was very spacious and the hotel was in a good location

• Superior Twin Room

Our window on room 908 was filthy. Dust and muck all over it. The food choices were so so both in room and cafe 36.

Everything was comfortable; staff were helpful and friendly. Location great. Breakfast good.

• Superior Queen Room

The first room we checked in, we found the basin in toilet cracked, we reported to frontdesk, to our surprise, the receptionist told me she never heard about this, cannot believe!! She immediately helped us changed to another room, this room No. 2117, is even terrible, air conditioning kept producing "click-click" sound when turn on the fan funtion, bathing water retained in the morning after a shower at night and obviously can't be drained away, like a pond. We asked for repair and telling them if can fix, go ahead, if not, forget about it as I believe the problems are not day-1 problem, at the end of the day, no fix for sure, we simply turn off the air-con or else can't get sleep well. Many stuff covered with thick layer of dusts, e.g. the facial tissue box, disgusting!! Poor house-keeping and facility management, 2-star hotel in 5-star price.....! No complimentary Wi-Fi and bottle water.

Nice and helpful staff especially frontdesk and restaurant serving buffet breakfast, decent buffet breakfast

• Superior Double Room with Park View

Really friendly and helpful staff. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The facilities were great and very well looked after, particularly the pool area.

• Superior Queen Room

If it weren't for the outside dirt on the windows, we would have a glorious view of the Sydney from the room facing to Hyde park!

Location, decent breakfast, rooftop pool with gym, and bath in the room were wonderful! Hotel has generally pleasant atmosphere and would definitely stay again!

• Superior Queen Room

We went out for six hours during the day and when we got back at 6.00pm our room wasn’t made up, despite having put the sign on the door. This happened several times during our stay. Also not enough towels.

The room was very nice and the location is excellent.

• Superior Queen Room

Checking in was not to good, we were not told about the money put onto our credit card account (we had paid in full prior to arrival), not told how to work the lift using our room card. We were the only people checking in at the time, so there was no pressure on the member of staff not to spend time with us. The lifts are a nightmare, only 2 out of 3 lifts work and on the morning we left, we had to wait 6 minutes before we could get one. No exaggeration! No free Wifi and no additional coffee with your breakfast are just petty. Whoever makes these sort of decisions needs replacing, we heard several guests saying how ridiculous it was. We had been away 5 weeks and this was the first hotel where we had encountered such petty rules.

Having read a few negative reviews I was worried that I had booked the wrong hotel in Sydney. The room on the 18th floor was a pleasant surprise, it was large, nicely furnished and well equipped. The location is good, very central and good for all of the sites.

• Superior Double Room with Park View

The room windows need an urgent cleaning from outside as you will have a 'cloudy' view coz of the dust/dirt build-up. The room service food, pasta seems to be just heated from a microwave and was prepared days before. It was not worth the price. You can lift the whole pasta on the shape of the plate with just one fork. That's how the pasta sticked together, a sign that it was not prepared fresh. It was so dry and not cooked evenly. Didn't took a photo or bother to complaint anyway.

I was amazed how the staff go the extra miles to help. - Early check-in granted - Late check-out granted - Higher floor request granted - View of the Hyde Park - Huge discount on breakfast - Spotless modern room - Comfy Bed - So far, the best staff in a hotel I ever stayed with

• Superior Queen Room

There was no toothbrushes, I had to asked for it. The bathrobes were in different places and it took a while to find the sandals. The room was not the one that shown in the pictures on Booking.com but it’s nice btw.

Very comfortable bed, nice bathroom, good location.

• Superior Queen Room

The bath was a good size however the tap was broken so we needed to fill up the bath witht he shower head. The Spa on the roof was a little dirty and needed to be warm. windows could use a clean

Bed was very comfortable & nice staff

• Superior Twin Room with Park View

The desk is too big and in the way,need more bench space for another luggage as i had to put mine on the table and was very difficult to get to,a bench could go all the way from the window to the tv

Room service was good

• Superior Queen Room

The staff were so friendly and accommodating and the room was fantastic with views of Hyde park. The room service breakfast was absolutely delicious as well!

• Superior Double Room with Park View

The bed was amazingly comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast each day. The staff were cheerful and professional. I loved the rooftop pool & my Chai Lattes were delicious.

• Superior Queen Room

Spa could be a little hotter but I still loved it...

My friend and i loved our stay was too short but was really nice... View was amazing wish our stay was longer :)

• Superior Queen Room

Lift wasnt working all night Had to run down stairs so many times just to get stuff out of the car for my son terriable On top of that they charged parking fee when clearly we drove in it said free parking

• Superior Double Room with Park View

Spent a lot of time waiting for the one or two elevators which were actually working. Modern hotels should have electrical outlets and/or USB power ports available near the nightstands and beds.

Lovely staff and perfect location for Mardi Gras.

internet costs 10$ a day, breakfast 34$. The main room had only one lamp and a minimal amount of furniture. the lace curtains where too small. everything looked a bit cheap.

the location was perfect and the view of the junior suite on the corner of the 18th floor was perfect (room 1815), overlooking Hyde park, the city and the Sydney tower. the people behind the desk were really very friendly. the bed was great!

• Superior Twin Room

Pillows were hard and gave me a very sore neck after the first night, easily swapped for night two and made a world of difference.

The view and friendly staff.

• Superior Double Room with Park View

Many things sadly. The cracked sewer pipe left the most horrendous smell but little was done about it. No emergency works to repair it and not much to combat the smell. The hotel wanted to take money from us at every opportunity. The gluten free options were pitiful for such a well-known hotel brand. The hotel was overpriced and looking tired and outdated.

The location was great for our needs.

• Superior Double Room with Park View

Reception was a chaotic. When asked if breakfast was included in this booking when checking in we were told it wasn't then as we were checking out to go get breakfast we were told it was. We also requested parking and accepted the $55 fee for one parking space through bookings only to be told they didn't have a record of it then charged parking $65 on both rooms on check out.

Place was beautiful and clean

• Superior Queen Room

There was the sound of constant underground trains every 10 to 15 minutes. I was on floor 16..... it must come up the walls room 1617.

It was handy to the city

• Superior Queen Room

Only downside was the shower was in the bath and hard for my elderly mother to step into - a separate shower would have been better.

Perfect location for our visit to Art gallery - didn't have to wait more than 2 minutes for a taxi. Lovely view over Hyde Park. Pullman had a modern yet cosy and comfortable ambience. Very comfortable beds and amenities.

• Superior Queen Room

Unfortunately the hotel smelt like a septic tank! The smell was mainly in the lift but I could not get out of the lift without dry reaching and holding back a vomit!

Very nice hotel. Good location with a nice view over Hyde Park even though there is construction works going on in the park. Good facilities with a roof top pool!

• Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Access

Stayed on the Executive Floor with access to the Executive Lounge - this was a shambles in terms of facilities and organisation. Not enough seats. Ran out of food. Minimal choices. Not up to standard.

Location - excellent. Walking distance to sights.

• Superior Queen Room

Sound proof is not very good, I can even heard someone cried in the next room!

I like the service here, staff can always offer me help. The circumstances are good, view is good as well.

• Superior Queen Room

Coffee that is made for the customer was a bit slow coming.

Overall a great location across the road from Hyde Park and the Museum train station. The room was well appointed and clean. Breakfast was value for money - a good selection of food and beverages.

• Superior Queen Room

The bar didn't open at 3pm as advertised. We were kindly offered drinks in the adjacent dining room. "Nibbles" were offered in the form of fresh-cooked, fiercely chilli-hot popcorn - at $3. Just a bit weird - and inedible.

Great location. Friendly and efficient reception staff, Modern and comfortable room and bed.

• Superior Double Room with Park View

The pool was well used and needed cleaning also the access ladder was very wonky

Staff were fantastic and the service was great food from room service excellent

• Superior Queen Room

Booked an upper floor room with a view ended up with a lower room. They couldn't do anything due to it being a long weekend

The staff we're understanding and friendly

• Superior Queen Room

Staff were a bit rushed when we were checking in , communication wasn't clear enough (not enough information about room location, check out time or if breakfast was available from buffet etc), had to call several times waiting for nearly an hour overall to get through to in house services to ask about pills and to extend check out time

Great location, fantastic room amenities, comfortable and great views! Convenient facilities and a great little cake for my girlfriend's birthday was a very nice touch, with the card.

We had access to the Executive Lounge which was great, however there was no room in there and 5 of the chairs were taken up with children under 6 playing on iPads. We were disappointed in that alone and we weren’t the only ones. We do understand that it was Australia Day week end and you did have a full house. We do travel oversees extensively and stay at quality Hotels such as yours and this would not be tolerated or at least strongly discouraged.

We found the staff exceptional. The food and dining area were also great. The view over Hyde Park was beautiful.

• Superior Twin Room

Charging for base internet feels poor form nowadays. I don't like mixed shower baths (it is a good bath), It is totally useable, but just give me a regular shower.

A pillow menu is always appreciated Water pressure in the shower was fantastic Car parking was convenient.

• Superior Queen Room

Nothing. Outstanding stay. Nothing was too hard & staff were super friendly & genuinely happy to help

Location friendly staff & facilities were excellent

• Superior Twin Room

The staff at the restaurant weren't particularly friendly. And I ordered from the room service menu and felt completely cheated as I basically paid $40 for a chicken breast and six tomatoes with a bowl of chips that I didn't want and that weren't listed on the menu; it was supposed to be nice potatoes and salad. The gym was small and ill equipped.

I enjoyed the variety at breakfast. Beds were comfy, rooms were clean, spacious and quiet.

• Superior Twin Room with Park View

Very disappointing that some flatter pillows could not be found. The pillows present were too high hurting our necks. I slept one night using some clothing I had as a pillow. I spoke to reception and requested pillows and was promised something would be done. An hour later I ring room service and was told it was being looked after. Another hour later, after I had to call again I was told none were available. This was 11pm. The following day the same request was made and only one pillow was provided. For a hotel that I have been to many times it was the most disappointing experience I have had.

• Superior Double Room with Park View

Cleaniness. Windows piled up of dirt, guests cannot view clearly from their rooms due to dirty windows. My room also lacked of toothpaste.

Room atmosphere, view and location of the hotel.

Browse Pullman Sydney Hyde Park traveller photo gallery