2. Australia hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Q1 Resort & Spa - Official

Reviews of Q1 Resort & Spa - Official 4.5 stars

Hamilton Avenue, Surfers' Paradise, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#43 of 127 hotels in Gold Coast

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 16 February 2019

High price point, high expectations, average results
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

When we checked in the staff memember who served us, Katie, was rude, degrading and entirely unhelpful. She gave us the bare minimum of information and even when we tried asking questions she wouldn’t answer the questions we were actually asking and kept repeating the same things. We had to come down later because our room was missing the menus for the on premis restaurants and once again she was rude and demeaning. We ended up ordering uber eats from a local restaurant instead because she insisted that the menu was in the room. Her service was so poor it impacted the entire evenings experince. It was unpleasant to say the least when you were expecting a romantic night away for Valentine’s Day.

The apartment was larger than expected and had wonderful views

• Reviewed: 15 February 2019

Convenient but not worth the costs.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Have stayed before and really enjoyed however this time the room smelt musty, the view was not really what was paid for, the room in general looked quite worn and the toilet seat kept sliding to the side.

The facilities are great and everything is close by.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2019

Bed was comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Disappointed —no welcome drinks and chocolate especially it was near Valentine’s Day No bottled water Aircon is okay but wind speed in the bed room did not change even after we adjusted it from the control panel. Wind was strong and noisy.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 February 2019

During the night me and my partner heard some noises though...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

During the night me and my partner heard some noises though the early hours of the morning. We dismissed the sounds and we had been freaked out the past few nights from animals on a private residence. In the morning we both asked each other if we had heard the sounds and we both had. Upon checkout we requested a report into the matter, turns out their was an intruder in our room for about 30 minutes around 3am. This has left me traumatic.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Room size was great, and cleen, bed was good, view was...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

I was looking for a bigger spa bath; The free wifi was very poor; TV had foxtel but was a cheap brand with no TV guide ether built in to the TV or in the room to tell you what programs or movie were playing on which channel.

Room size was great, and cleen, bed was good, view was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Pleasant stay. Probably won’t stay again, can’t sleep in as blinds didn’t keep out light.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Had a 3 bedroom apartment. TV’s were a bit undersized and cheap quality. The air conditioning was underpowered for room size. The blinds were a joke. Didn’t keep any light out at all and this made it hard to have a decent sleep as I was woken when the sun came up

Excellent staff, very friendly and welcoming. Good choice of swimming pools

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Short & over expensive(3 nights-$1720ish) but the views and sunrises nearly justified that..Nearly.
    • Three-Bedroom Sub Penthouse

The tumble drier didnt work at all. The air con was on a timer and wouldnt stay on or reset to cool the bedroom. The phone wouldnt work when needed and roomservice wasnt possible(even though claimed it was by longboards restraunt. There were no clear instructions on how to access the skytower facility as a guest. The appartment carpets were heavily stained in many areas as were the lounges. The main ensuite shower rail/head was loose and broken. There were no plush guest bath robes as claimed. There was only one park space made available for a 3bedroom apartment. It was very expensive to stay there. We would not advize this apartment be used with children as the windows allowed for scarily easy opening to the ground 70 floors down:-0

The views and layout of the 70th floor apartment.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

Best hotel I’ve stayed at
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Q1 was excellent, our room was clean and the staff constantly came in once a day to change our towels and clean the room. The pool and spa facilities were great

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

Was a good place to have a break and location was easy.
    • Bonus Offer - Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping) and SkyPoint Access

The room was tired and a little old with a few things not working as you would expect. One of the dishwashers didn’t work and the other one barely cleaned anything. It was tough to get hot water in the other shower and I do think for a family who is staying for a week - a quick complimentary cleaning service with clean towels, garbage bags, toiletries, cleaning supplies etc should be provided every couple of days The pool areas are good but there should be a lot more umbrellas or shade provided - particularly when you have 3 year old wanting to stay there for a lot of the day and there is no shade whatsoever at the more child friendly pool. The gym needs a complete update with most of the equipment rusting or very old - the air conditioning could not cope with the heat of the day and it was like training in a sauna.

Was a good place to have a break and location was easy. Everything a family needs is within walking distance and staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2019

It was close to all activites, walking distance.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

No smoking on balconys. Sky point view was not included in stay and the breakfast was not worth the $30 per person. The refuse station on our level smelt very bad everytime we walked past to our room.

It was close to all activites, walking distance. Room was clean a facilities were good. Pool area was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2019

Location excellent.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath (No Housekeeping)

We’ve stayed at Q1 many times over the years, on this occasion we found it is starting to show signs of age, the furniture and appliances all getting a bit tired, the apartment a bit worn with dirty marks and stains around the place. With so many new hotels and apartments on the GC now I think we will try somewhere else next time.

Location excellent. Large apartment, front desk staff so friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2019

Average, not worth the money at all.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

No one at reception really explained to me how the AC in the room works so I spent the entire trip unable to sleep at night because I was so hot thinking I had no AC. It would be good if reception explained how to use this facility or even a welcome menu. I also wasn’t told that when cooking it’s advised to open the outdoor windows otherwise the fire alarm will go off.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2019

Comfortable stay. Poor hospitality, lacked atmosphere, poor value for money
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Hospitality was poor. The breakfast was basic for the cost. Q1 appeared basic, especially the restaurant

The apartment was spacious and comfortable. The ocean view was nice

• Reviewed: 6 February 2019

I think clarity on what floor you will be on would be better...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

I think clarity on what floor you will be on would be better to help set expectations. Most of the ocean view is blocked by another high rise. Level 30 may be better if you want an uninterrupted view. This is why we want an ocean view

Disappointed
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

Absolutely no privacy The bedroom has no lock Too many forbidden and not allowed signs The aircon didn’t work properly

The location,the swimming pool,the view

most
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

uncomfortable pillows, that cleaning was not included, i think that at least one cleaning in the middle of long stay should be included with that price

most

Glad it’s over
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath (No Housekeeping)

The view was straight into other buildings. The aircon went no lower then 22 My bed was rock hard both my partner and I walked out worse off.

The quick service

• Reviewed: 5 February 2019

This place keeps me coming back because every time I’ve stayed I feel happy and a belonging.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

Nothing to say because I like everything about the hotel/apartment.

I’ve stayed here a couple of times I pick it because I find it not to far from centre of surfers and not to close, I’ve always been treated respectfully and professionally by staff, I also appreciate the no party and noise policie, the recreation amenities are excellent, car park is also perfect, just makes me feel comfortable and at home.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2019

Me and family loved everything about it, it's so...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

I booked a month ago that cost me almost $1000 then I looked again on the day of my booking, it went down to $630 😐

Me and family loved everything about it, it's so comfortable and spacious, clean and stunning, the pools was the highlight in my family. My brother and his family were staying in Wyndham but we are always at Q1 pools Well done Q1, we will be back soon and we'll tell all our friends and family about our wonderful stay in your hotel

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

pleasant
    • Three-Bedroom Spa Apartment

Quite pricey, especially with add-on costs, not enough sun shades by pools (especially needed for young children)

Great view, staff very accommodating, great location, pretty quiet for such a large building, good parking, nice pools

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

Our stay was amazing and we will be back!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath (No Housekeeping)

The facilities of the resort were superb and the location was perfect, everything within walking distance. Pool was fabulous for our kids, they loved it!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

Was exactly what we expected. Will be staying there again !!!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Only thing I could fault is there was no pen in the room to write with. Petty as it may seem. Perhaps use 2-3 ply toilet paper rather then 1 ply especially for a up market resort.

Great place in a great location. Friendly staff!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

Loved the location, apartment size and the facilities.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

They must change the blinds specially in the bed rooms, waking at 5:30 am every day on a holiday wasn’t fun at all. More stuff if kitchen I.e. nonstick pans, chopping board etc.

Loved the location, apartment size and the facilities.

Good venue, Great amenities. However misled information
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath (No Housekeeping)

Misled information, was told we can have a later checkout. Had it approved months in advance, however was told on the day we couldn’t have it. Wrong information between booking.com and the hotel direct.

Great rooms, nice and tidy. Great location.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2019

OH&s is zero and big failure!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

OH&s is zero and big failure! One of the lifts was broken , the lift door got locked on me While push my baby in her pram in the lift, the door started to shut and 3 ppl couldn't not open it, my 15 months old baby went for a detour with a stranger in the lift! I had small bruises on my both elbows caused the lift doors! Staff offered me some ice to put in my elbow, they also told me they will get a technician asap! 2 days later my niece was trying to get in the same lift and the door started shutting on her we had to push her away really fast from the closing door

• Reviewed: 1 February 2019

Overall 9/10
    • Three-Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment

Chose ocean view but just can see part of the beach, more likely to be a city-view room. Not that satisfied. Location:8/10, bit far from the center(500+meters?)

Nice room, clean

• Reviewed: 1 February 2019

The location and the rooms was very big,but the some stuff...
    • Three-Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment

The location and the rooms was very big,but the some stuff wasn’t understanding for checking out of the room, we just asked for more time.Also some fixing repairs needs more.AT general it was good.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2019

The facilities were excellent and the room was outstanding
    • Three-Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment

The kitchen facilities could be improved. There was no steelo or washing up detergent to clean any dishes. The dishwasher had to be used at all times and one of them was not cleaning the dishes.

The facilities were excellent and the room was outstanding

• Reviewed: 31 January 2019

Good quick holiday stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

What could be better is house keeping and cleanliness , housekeeping could do more to the room when staying to make stay a little more relaxing and clean for stay

Q1 was a lovely place to stay big rooms.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2019

It exceeded our expections and really we have enjoyed our holiday by staying at Q1 resort, well done
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

We didn't notice any shortfall by the management or the facility

Very good service, cleaning and tiding the unit every day and providing daily requirements such as towels, soaps teas etc

• Reviewed: 29 January 2019

Overall our stay was excellent,would definitely recommend to friends, hope they look at issues noted
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath and Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

The apartment was showing signs that it needed a bit of TLC, the floor tiles in wet area were very worn especially in the main ensuite. Block out blinds were torn in places and could have been replaced, for the amount paid we didn't expect these items to be as they were.

The whole experience was wonderful, location perfect, tour desk very helpful, and the weather couldn't have been better.

The rooms were very nice and clean
    • Bonus Offer - One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath (No Housekeeping) and SkyPoint Access

I didnt like how you have to pay extra just for a dish cloth or more washing liquid because yous didn't provide enough for a weeks stay only enough amenities for a couple of days then charge people when they require more. I also dis liked how they wouldn't allow us to check out 20 minutes later.

The rooms were very nice and clean

• Reviewed: 29 January 2019

Over-all a great hotel, awesome location, spectacular view, front desk staff very friendly
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

No extra towels, linen, tea towels, bath mat, dish cloth, dish-washing liquid, bath gel (for-spa, left a small bottle for a 2-bedroom apartment) etc. or little things that a tourist doesn't bring with them when expecting to check-in on a 5/high star accommodation then left wondering where and how to get these little mundane things the last minute. Recommendation: Should leave a spare of everything of above even if guest is staying for a night or weeks, should make the guest to feel like the hotel (of this calibre/high cost paid) is a home away from home - never wanting to move to other hotel (we will try the other hotels around next time). These things does not cost much but it makes a lot of difference to the guest.

Location is great

Great location, accessible to places across Surfer’s Paradise
    • Three-Bedroom Spa Apartment

The pool could be cleaner and had kids running on the wall ledge. No team member to tell kids off or parent supervision. Could’ve ended badly

The spaciousness of the rooms, so much value for money

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

Brilliant
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath and Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

The mattresses in the small rooms were very hard & my adult kids were disappointed!

We were very satisfied with the Q1 & happy with the service & the spa girls were excellent It was relaxing & would definitely stay again :) The views were amazing!!

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

My family and I were very impressed with our choice of accomodation with such beautiful views!
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath and Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

Everything was good. There really wasn’t anything that I disliked. If I had to nit pick I would have to say our toaster wasn’t the best as you had to hold down the button while you were toasting your bread. Apart from that no other issues at all.

Staff at info desk were extremely helpful and showed great customer service in helping me with tickets, directions with public transport directions and offering other forms of transportation like private pick ups and drop offs. Nothing was too much of a hassle and always more than happy to help you.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2019

Great pools and facilities needs new beds
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Bed was not comfortable- could feel every spring, aircon kept turning off each night while we were sleeping so it got too hot so didn’t get a good nights sleep either night which was really disappointing because the rest of the hotel is great, compared to the other high star resorts on the Gold Coast of similar cost I would not chose to stay here again- purely based on how damn uncomfortable the bed was!

Pools were great and it’s in a great location, friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 26 January 2019

The apartment needs a thorough review to make it comfortable for living.
    • Three-Bedroom Spa Apartment (No Housekeeping)

window covering are very bad , they are not made to give you a good sleep, rooms are full of light during early morning, you have to wake up 5 O'clock every day.Air conditioning is not big to cool both bed rooms and sitting room, tv is basic with small screen. kitchen is not well equipped to make cooking home In spite of the apartment is 3 bed rooms .

bedding and facility are good

• Reviewed: 25 January 2019

Relaxing with helpful staff.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

That there is NO VENTILATION in the outside pool toilets so whilst you are laying beside the pool you can occasionally smell sewarge ... these shower facilities need to improve and expand ... Not enough room service meal options available.

Rooms were very spacious and comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 January 2019

Amazing view, excellent location. Great stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

Bed linen worn, living/lounge not too comfortable. Make sure you take an eye mask if facing East/ocean as window shades don’t blockout the sun in the morning.

Fast lifts, free parking, amazing views, fantastic location

• Reviewed: 24 January 2019

Incredible stay
    • Four-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The pools were fantastic, so was the location to the beach. The view from my room was spectacular, the very best in Gold Coast. You really won’t regret staying here!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2019

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Lift access was a nightmare with very long wait times Pool was extremely crowded and not enough sun beds provided

Great location Good facilities however extremely crowded

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

Great place to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

An item from previous person was left in the dining area. Smashed vase left on table. Ensuite sdhower head is cracked and wets all the ceiling when on. Dont think much notice taken to cleaning. Floor 15 very noisy with music and outside noise

Great location. Ive stayed here before in another room and it was a great experience. The layout of the rooms are great and so handy to restaurants, take away etc.... very important with a small child

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

easy access of car park.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

The view of ocean is obstructed if the floor is under 30 floor. The hotel does not supply enough cleaning stuff, only small bottle of shampoo, body washing gel and body lotion are provided. The aircon is noisy

easy access of car park. big rooms

• Reviewed: 21 January 2019

Great view, great location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

We had air conditioning problems which made our stay very uncomfortable, but staff were very accommodating about the problem

Great view, great location

• Reviewed: 21 January 2019

Good base for exploring area and handy for the light rail.
    • Three-Bedroom Spa Apartment

Beds were not as comfortable as I'd hoped, blinds allowed too much light in in the morning. Bathrooms slightly dated.

Size of our apartment- great for our grownup family, views from apartment, location. Proximity of light rail station. Parking was good.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

We would consider returning with our kids, lovely accommodation
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Expected a quality restaurant but it more of a cafe on the Skydeck which even as a guest you had to pay for the ticket to get into it. So if you wanted breakfast you had to first buy a ticket to get into the dining area. It was a lovely view up there though but I don’t think guests should have to pay entry If they just want breakfast.

Room was beautiful. Very comfortable beds, lovely bathroom. Location was very good. Had a nice feeling. Nice modern decor with all facilities needed in a small apartment.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2019

The views were great !
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath and Ocean View (No Housekeeping)

Poor air conditioning , I had to buy a fan which I left . Felt like sleeping outdoors, blinds were not block out. Microwave didn’t work Pool too far away and pool bar too far -Sky point dinner menu not numerous and venue too noisy for couples.

The views were great !

• Reviewed: 19 January 2019

A lovely short getaway.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Around the pool area tiles were broken or fallen off.

We asked for a high room but only booked a couple of days before hand so weren't sure if we would get our request but we were given a room up high with a lovely view. Having our bed made and clean towels every day was really great. The tour desk staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2019

Great location and staff are awesome
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Furniture was really in need of a change, having said this I’ve stayed there many times and the other apartments was fine.

Great location and staff are awesome

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

The pool area was lovely.
    • Three-Bedroom Spa Apartment

It was unfortunate that a stray hair was found on the bathroom vanity. A little off putting. It was also a shame that there were not enough recliners.in the.pool area. Even though it was fairly early in the day....i always seemed to miss out.

The pool area was lovely. The size of the pools were spectacular. The rooms were generous in size and the pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Very disappointed. I used to stay in Q1 at least ones for year since 2012 but now service is reallyb
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Impossible to find a place near the pool, Elevators are always busy and you have to wait for a second or third, Internet, even paid one ($30), is too slow, you can't play any games, Breakfast ($35) is very ordinary for that price, Cleanliness of apartments is bad, Cooking appliances is old fashion (stainless steel) and all meal stick to fripan, Oven was durty, From two little dishwashers one doesn't work, Cushions, carpet and sofa in the living room are durty. When I complained to housekeeping answer was "You got what you paid for" ..... and I paid $550 per night ))

Location and view from high floors (higher than 40) are really good.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

The room itself and facilities were great!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

The curtains in the room and bedroom were not efficient in not allowing the room to over heat. The aircon only allows the temperature to be 22 degrees minimum so it does not over run the heat specifically when sleeping so you wake up quite sweaty in summer.

The room itself and facilities were great!

The location is excellent
    • Three-Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment

• 500MB of WiFi per day is useless • There is no cable TV – and not enough WiFi for Netflix or similar • there is nowhere near enough seating around the pool – my family was forced to sit on the roasting hot concrete every day • the linen (towels in particular) is clearly very old and over used – very thin and rough to use • the air con in the room seemed to be set to automatically turn off every 8 hours or so – very frustrating when the air con turns off in the middle of the night • I needed to check out in a hurry due to a family emergency, and as a result left some items in the room. The cleaning staff (or any staff for that matter) have been unable to find / retrieve my missing items • I tried to book a session at the Spa but the number would ring out. When I called the front desk, I was told that it is a separate business. I was ultimately forced to literally leave my room and walk down to the Spa just to make a booking (not very helpful).

The location is excellent

Highly recommend
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

We were told our room would be serviced, but it was not. Also room service would be great. Otherwise everything was perfect

Spacious and comfortable. Beautiful views and location is the best. Perfect for solo travellers, families, couples and groups of friends.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

The sanitation is poor and the hotel is in a state of decay...
    • Bonus Offer - One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View (No Housekeeping) and SkyPoint Access

Keep clean

The sanitation is poor and the hotel is in a state of decay and it's really bad except for the location. Will not choose to check in again

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

You need a lot more sun lounges nest the swimming pool , we...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The floor we stayed on smelled like Indian food constantly ,not s great greeting when you got out of the lifts.

You need a lot more sun lounges nest the swimming pool , we had to sit on the concrete , wish was not very great .

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

The coach in the apartment was broken.
    • Three-Bedroom Spa Apartment

The coach in the apartment was broken. The bedroom was dusty bed hide the bed. The air conditioner was badly positioned in the bedroom. The cold air was blowing into our faces. Everyone caught a cold.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

Promised a lot and didn’t quite delivery the value
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Find it crazy that I paid $2500 for 5 nights and I have to pay to go to the observation deck to eat dinner. And very disappointed that my children wanted room service and Long Board restaurant wouldn’t pick up the phone. Would probably look for more value next time

Liked the service, location and apartment quality

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

Everything was perfect except the wifi deal and the...
    • Three-Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment

Wifi was only 500mb and that’s if we were able to connect. The reception there was even worse.

Everything was perfect except the wifi deal and the reception at our floor level.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Expected a little more for the price we paid but nice room with great view
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

The staff could have been a little more up beat.. felt more like a residential building rather than a holiday atmosphere compared to others I have stayed at.. needed a new shower head in en-suite bathroom

The view was amazing

• Reviewed: 9 January 2019

Unfortunately there was too many people in the pool, and no...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Unfortunately there was too many people in the pool, and no supervision. There were people throughing balls around, one group even decided to smoke sheesha right next to where people were swimming.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2019

Q1 buffet breakfast was a bad experience.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Q1 buffet breakfast was a bad experience. While food was ok staff and customer service was appalling. Never again! Absolutely unbelievable. My 14 and 17 yr old sons could work better than them! Let’s you down. Check it out anonymously!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Great location but disappointing quality
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

We had the most uncomfortable bed I have ever experienced in all my travels. It’s like they went out and bought the cheapest mattress they could find to tick the box. For the 5 nights we stayed in Room 2109, we did not get a decent night sleep. Also be very careful to check your booking confirmation as I originally booked though ‘Booking.com’ a two bedroom ocean view room but the confirmation came back with a mountain view with a spa. As the total price was the same, I did not check the details in the confirmation. That was my mistake, because if I had noticed the difference early I would have changed the booking. Overall the Q1 was NOT the great experience I had hoped for and I’m not sure I will stay there again the next time I go to Surfers Paradise.

The location of the property and the staff were both great.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Would not stay here again - below average and not suited for couples.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The bed and pillows were terrible, rock hard. Both my partner and I woke up with sore backs every morning. The blinds in the room were useless and did not block out any light, so the light gets into the room as soon as the sun rises between 4:30-5:00am. The daily cleaning was also very basic on most days, appearing like they only really came in to make the bed. Due to the number of rooms at this resort, expect there to always be queues for the lifts. This is also the draw back for pools, facilities are not big enough to accommodate everyone and therefore was always packed. This resort is definitely more suited for families, I would not recommend this for couples. The rooms are also starting to appear warn and date and could use some up-keeping

• Reviewed: 7 January 2019

Slow lifts to heaven
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

Lifts were terribly slow,So much so it would turn me off staying there again. Not enough seats around the pool area. Gym was inadequate for the type of accommodation. Lifts were terrible did I say that!

Unit was clean and modern. Well serviced and staff friendly. Very much liked the strict no party policy. Car park was easy to access.

Views were great.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

The beds are very hard and some of the apartment furniture/appliances need up dating. The apartment walls are thin can hear neighbours kids screaming and crying. More loungers are needed by the pool.

Views were great. Good sized apartments

It was great.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

I’m from Sydney, so I’m used to it being cooler than Gold Coast weather. And the thing that sucked was that the aircon could only go to 22 degrees and that’s quite cool but it wasn’t strong. So overall it was quite warm through the night... another thing is privacy, the hotel next to use, could see in from our balcony to our kitchen... which isn’t too displeasing but it’s wierd to have a gap with no blinds there like that... other than those little things the stay was GREAT!

It was great. Perfect view. Perfect everything. I loved the stay. Worth every cent.

Terrible stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

My partner and I didn’t like the so called “ocean view” room we payed $1100 for 2 nights for, the only view we had was of the other buildings across from ours. Who could see straight into our room giving no privacy due to the terrible choice of blinds they had put in the room. The in room spa that was advertised was barely big enough for 1 person to fit in. While using the spa and shower in the room the bathroom turned into a swimming pool and needed to have towels rolled up at the doors to stop water entering the bedroom and hallway. The king size bed in the main bedroom was like sleeping on the floor our room for some reason came with an extra double bed in a seperate room which was of much better quality. Then there was the excruciatingly long waits in no air conditioning for the elevators which at its worse the longest wait was 45 minutes standing in the corridor along with many other guests. In total the hotel and room where definitely not worth the money we paid and we will not be back.

Everything was good
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

The lifts took a long time, mattress in bed was not as comfortable as i would of liked, a t-shirt from previous guest left in room and our key pass stopped working twice.

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Enjoyable except for cleaning rooms.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Terrible lifts. Not ckeaned often enough.

The property was very good. In 9 days only cleaned and vacuumed twice. Very poor nothing done except they made the beds. No other cleaning done.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

One of our favourite places we’ve stayed in. Never stopped looking out of the window. Fireworks!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

The leather lounge was uncomfortable. No support. Not enough hooks in bathroom but overall was happy with our apartment. Disappointed that the observation deck was closed.

The fabulous view. Loved everything. Easy walk to shops and beach. Maintenance came quickly to sort out aircon. Staff at reception happy to please - very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Really really nice place, great location for family and just...

There’s only like 20 lounge chairs for 70 floors of guests could put more in

Really really nice place, great location for family and just outside of the hustle and bustle of cavil ave, perfect will stay again!!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

The view was unbelievable
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath - Ocean View

The room was very nice and view was amazing , but it just feel like it need a minor update. Example power point coming out of wall, tv remote had no battery’s,

The view was unbelievable The location was very central

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

The location was great and the rooms were very spacious and...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

Our room didn’t have towels at first but was easily solved by reception.

The location was great and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The staff were lovely and let us check in early which was very helpful. Nice view from room.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Q1 Resort & Spa - Official traveller photo gallery