Reviews of Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters 4 stars

Cnr Markeri street & Sunshine Boulevard, Mermaid Waters, 4218 Gold Coast, Australia

#65 of 128 hotels in Gold Coast

The place to be on the Gold Coast.
    • King Studio

Modern and well equipped hotel in a great location just minutes from the bright lights of the Gold Coast. The friendly and helpful staff went out of their way to go the extra mile which made for a comfortable and relaxing stay.

One of the staff could do w manner lessons
    • King Studio

The night staff wasnt really welcoming.. I didnt get her name but she's chinese by race. She was talking very loud giving the lady that was attending to us instructions without even looking at our booking. I think it was just rude! We received late checkout bonus from Booking.com but before the lady attending to us could say anything she interrupted by saying no late checkout otherwise u pay 50 dollars, while she was surving her own client! Duhhh

The area, the room n facilities were great. The staff apart from that over bossy receptionist were friendly.

A disapointment
    • King Studio

I didn' t like this hotel and would not recommend it

I would not stay at this hotel again. It is a hotel which holds conferences and is NOT suitable for individual traveller. The rate of $119 for an interconnecting"room where you hear people talking etc. if asked for a room without interconnecting room they charged extra $40 and send us to the 3. floor which had some kind of panel on the wall some kind of camouflage which could probably be an other interconnecting room! When asked the staff pretended or didn't know what they sold us. Dubious....

Absolutely loved staying here, definitely would love to come back again.
    • King Studio

the breakfast buffet could be improved, food was pretty average. I did not like that you had to pay to get a good coffee, because the coffee machine wasn't working at the time. Would have liked a bigger bath to fit two people in. But other than that- there wasn't wasn't much else that I didn't like, which is great.

Everything. The staff were so amazing in many occasions, my partner and I got given a free room upgrade when we arrived which was absolutely amazing and very generous. We also got granted a late checkout which was very appreciative of, as I didn't think we would be granted the request so that was nice. Loved the entire room, cleanliness, nice and quiet, safe use of parking for cars. The staff were very helpful and polite and always happy to help, easy access to township and the beach, and loved the use of the shuttle bus to and from everything.

It was far too loud, some sort of rattling noise occurred...
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

It was far too loud, some sort of rattling noise occurred through-out the night & also the fridge is far too noisy. It's impossible to sleep in peace.

Beautiful location, will be staying again asap!
    • King Studio

Amazing clean beautiful room Fantastic friendly staff Awesome location Buffet breakfast delicious Restaurant for dinner was good value Shuttle bus provided free of charge to my conference daily

Ok for one night stay
    • Twin Studio

The guy the reception wasn't really informed about the type of beds the hotel has. We arrived late in the night so not much interaction with the rest of the staff. .

Big bedroom with standard cleaning rate.

It was okay
    • Superior Family Room

Our room had a previous tenants underwear under the lounge which one of my children thought they’d grab and play with ☹️

The rooms, staff, location, facilities were great

Didn't like how after I booked the price dropped.
    • King Studio

The joining door to another room is noisy when someone's kid is trying to open it. And we didn't know how we could get a breakfast included.

The shower pressure was great and the darkness off the room was good.

Very enjoyable stay in a quality suite !
    • Family Studio

A extra blanket in the cupboard during the cooler months !

The bed was sooooooo comfortable , peaceful quiet rooms and spacious too! Going downstairs for a lovely meal is very handy when you're tired from travelling !

Great for an overnight or more stay!

The shower.

The bed was large. The room was big as well. Staff were friendly and we asked for a late check out and it was no problem. Loved that it was next door to a restaurant.

ok
    • King Studio

Bad smell in the room I think its the carpet. Cockroach on carpet when I came back from my meeting. Also the walls were very dusty, above the bed light. Not good for the people that get asthma.

Price

Love it
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

There's not much I didn't like about the property, the view from my room wasn't amazing and the location is a bit away from most things but that's about it

The refurbished rooms are amazing. Really comfortable bed, a massive amount of space, lovely bathroom, plenty of amenities, ability to watch my own Netflix on the TV, staff are wonderful, great check in and checkout experience.

Relaxing - the Bath was deep and wonderful
    • King Studio

The bar staff member who clearly would rather do any job than make a coffee to take away.

Staff on Reception were wonderful. Hotel was very well situated & lifts never a problem.

Friendly & comfortable short stay
    • King Studio

The Room smelled like a hospital when first entering. Carpets & furniture a bit outdated. Lights didn't work at first until realised needed room card to work.

Courtesy shuttle & complimentary coffee & hot chocolate for the kids & biscuits.

A pleasant stay in a comfortable room, however breakfast overpriced.
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

Due to my hubby being gluten and lactose intolerant we found breakfast in the restaurant to not be value for money for us. It just seemed to be overpriced in general.

Our room was comfortable, clean and tidy. The bed was nice and comfy. Security for our car was great.

Only stayed there because I was attending a conference there...
    • King Studio

We had to have our room access cards re set 7 times during our 3 night stay. The staff seemed to realize this was an issue but no one was fixing the problem. It was very annoying especially when your room (230) was nearly the farthest from the front desk.

Only stayed there because I was attending a conference there but the bar was great and the staff were friendly.

Excellent value for money.
    • Family Studio

A mirror in the bedroom would be a welcome addition as the only mirror is in the bathroom .

The room was spacious, very clean and quiet. We were able to park our car in a secure area overnight for free. WiFi was fast and free.

Nice for a short stay.
    • King Studio

How thin the walls are, it sounded like the neighbors they were in our room.

We had the pool to ourselves. We had a choice between having a bath or a shower. The TV in the bedroom was huge. The reception staff were extremely helpful.

Stay was good, pump up the water pressure and close the bloody smoke doors to make it awesome!
    • Triple Studio

Shower pressure was rediculously low, very noisy between 11:30pm and midnight as people leave the function rooms. If the smoke doors were closed (like they are meant to be) this would be less of a problem. Asked staff about smoke doors (that were open for our whole stay), staff said that they close automatically during a fire.

Staff, cleanliness room size.

Good value, location and place to stay!
    • King Studio

Probably the only let down is that the cups are not as clean, spoon and forks were a little dusty. Decorations of the room could be improved.

The property was close to the beach, few minute walk to the main attractions in Surfers Paradise. The property was clean and the manager was very considerate when we had the wrong booking date. She upgraded us to one of the Deluxe room for free. Very helpful with giving guide to the nearby locations. The eatery beside the property is nice as well, we had good lunch meals. The room is clean and tidy. Secure parkingis available as well.

Beautiful stay above all expectations recommend highly

No complaints whatsoever

Everything ... it was modern super clean lovely pool with sand around it amazing position to pacific fair with even a courtesy bus to may destinations if desired amazing staff extra friendly and helpful .. restaurant within the hotel that is attached we reeived complimentary free coffees because we were guests of the motel will stay again most definatly 😆

You get what you pay for..
    • King Studio

After walking alone through low lit corridors after 9pm at night to get to the room it smelt musky, especially the aircon. Compared to the pictures the room was very old even the mugs were dusty and stuck to the bench. Was woken at 2am by the guests in the ajoining room having some loud fun!! On the night I stayed there were a lot of inconsiderate guests slamming their doors all through the night and first thing in the morning.

Made a very last minute booking so paying $100 (plus $100 deposit) for the night was acceptable. The man at the front desk in the morning assisting with check out was very bubbly and nice.

Couldn't have been happier.
    • King Studio

The facilities at this property were excellent - comfy bed, large clean room & a big TV......also the location couldn't have been more suitable for our needs. Would definitely recommend this property to anyone.

Staff are to be congratulated on their attitude and helpfulness.
    • Twin Studio

Nothing really. Very suitable place to stay.

The room was very comfortable. Spacious and very clean. Staff were very friendly and obliging. Considering the motel's location on a fairly busy road + hotel next door, motel was remarkably quiet.

Room was clean and quiet.
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

Room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable - maybe a bit too soft. It's been newly renovated so everything was in good condition. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Good food outlets close by and a short drive to Pacific Fair and beach. Great value for money.

Enjoyed my stay overall.
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

The tv kept locking me out, and the maintenance guy called in to fix it, it locked me out again after he left but thanks to the receptionist who eventually helped fix the problem!

Pork ribs was delicious

This hotel is good value for the price.
    • King Studio

It seems like there is a lack of staff to tend to guests. Phone would ring out with no answer. Carpet Throughout could do with an update.

The Hotel and room was clean. Breakfast was good. Bathroom and shower was lovely. Hotel was quite even though there were many guests

What a lovely surprise!

Nothing! All good.

The staff ALL seemed really pleased to be there and went out of their way to help. The room was spacious and lovely. It was great to have the restaurant so close and food was good. Would be very happy to stay again.

Breakfast was good.
    • Twin Studio

The room smelled extremely musty.Even with the air conditioning on this did not help. Extra cost to stay associated with the Commonwealth Games

Breakfast was good. Right amount of variety for a hotel

Good location rest needs work
    • King Studio

Restaurant staff disinterested food nothing special Room maintainance not up to scratch for the price When checking out I overheard another guest reporting leakage problems on the same floor ,seems extensive

Front office staff excellent.Bar staff too busy flirting to serve older patrons,this on three occasions.wait staff a mix of disinterested and helpful Shower doors broken and seal on shower gone so major flooding. The maintainance man was efficient and pleasant Restocking the room was hit and miss Sercure parking was good Shuttle bus was good on time and efficient pleasant driver

Awful, would not recommend to anyone.
    • Twin Studio

Extrememly poor service. Rude staff. Key kept not working so had to keep going back, nobody ever apologised and instead claimed it was our fault for having a mobile phone in our pocket. Cleaning lady came and said she was there to clean the room, we said we were leaving in 10 mins and said can she come back. She said 'No I can't come back'. Smelly room, poor quality everything, bad shower, terrible restaurant.

Superb hospitality and customer service. One of my best hotels stays ever
    • Twin Studio

Simply outstanding customer service for our 3 night stay. Free upgrade and very accessible shuttle service to various locations was a massive plus for our stay

A lovely and relaxing stay at Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters
    • King Studio

Nothing. If I had to say one thing it would be the original room I was allocated smelt of smoke, but after requesting to change rooms, which wasn't a problem at all, I found my new room faultless.

I was warmly welcomed to the hotel by the lovely staff, who could not have been more helpful! Nothing was too much. My room was a generous size, with a lovely clean and modern bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The lifts were quick and well located, which was a big help for me as I had quite a few bags and a heavy suitcase! The hotel was a 15/20 minutes walk from the Pacific shopping mall and bus/tram station, so it was lovely and quiet but also near enough to the shops. I did find I could hear people talking in the room next to me, but it wasn't bad and didn't stop me from getting to sleep. The room came with a good and clean kettle, as well as nice teabags which you could enjoy with the milk they supplied in the room fridge. I really enjoyed my stay and found it to be a very relaxing and peaceful stay.

Friendly staff, great food and comfy beds will return if needing to stay in area.
    • King Studio

Not unhappy with anything. The only thing is the hotel is a bit longer walk to Pacific fair and the entertainment hub of Broadbeach as we discovered after attending an event at convention centre and deciding to walk back to the hotel

The beds were very large and comfy. The steak sandwich and seniors barramundi at lunch were awesome. The receptionist were beautiful and made us feel extremely welcome. Even having a shuttle bus available was not expected.

Plenty of free parking at the front and secure parking at...
    • King Studio

Over priced during Commonwealth Games 2018 time.

Plenty of free parking at the front and secure parking at the back for guests, pub and Lonestar restaurant adjustment to motel. Motel room was clean and tidy, reception and house keeping were friendly, professional and a big thanks to all staff there. No public transport nearby and only a few shops to walking distance unless you can drive to Pacific Fair which less than 5 minutes drive.

The staff are friendly but the overall ambience of the hotel was below average.
    • Twin Studio

Room charges are very high even though we booked in advance. The same room was available at 50% on the day. The hotel had hiked up the prices in anticipation of the commonwealth games and this was a ripoff.

Breakfast was very nice. Staff very friendly.

The star was lovely but the courtesy bus was not helpful.
    • Family Studio

The courtesy bus didn’t drop us at a restaurant and didn’t drop us at the door.....this was difficult as my partner is 88 and cannot walk that far. This was quite disappointing.

The breakfast was lovely and the stay was comfy!

Cheap for a single night stay and nice food but sound proof not great
    • King Studio

Room not sound proof. Could hear other guests coming and going with talking and loud noises and door banging. Pipes are extremely loud, it felt like it shook the room when other guests turned something on. Could not sleep well. Sheets are not soft, bit itchy.

Food was excellent. Kids meal was on special, at $5 was superb value, the steak was delicious. $1 per oyster was also a good deal and signature steak and turf was fantastic. Great to have a free drink voucher upon checking in but only allowed house wine and soft drink. A free cocktail would have been better! Buffet breakfast was also nice.

Good
    • King Studio

Some room might share a common door, which can be quite embarrassing as you hear everything going on in the next room and so do your neighbours.

Reasonably priced even during the Commonwealth Games; Friendly staff members; Coin-operated laundry; Location not central but within walking distance to the beach (15 minutes) and G-link station (20 minutes); large car park outside.

The room was very large.
    • King Studio

We didn’t book one of the renovated rooms, which showed. There was a lot of wear and tear in the bathroom, the bed, the closets.

The room was very large. Service at the front desk was really really good!

Everything is ok excepy location
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

everything is satisfied except location. If u don't travel with a car, you'd better choose others

Room is clean, service nice, dinner delicious

Rooms need to be renovated. Bad smell in the room. Old furniture. Bed not comfy.
    • King Studio

Terrible smell in the room. Furniture quite old and shabby. Bed was very large but mattress was not comfortable. Shower cabin was not clean properly.

Secure parking. Wi-Fi internet works well.

Relaxing stay with great rooms and friendly staff
    • Superior Family Room with Spa Bath

There were some rowdy, i assume, locals smoking under our balcony and shouting lewd things up at me, we simply however went in our room and closed the door, not a major issue but might be a good idea to not allow patrons to smoke directly under rooms

The room service staff were fantastic, reception could do with a more friendly service, room was immaculate, food was delicious, well cooked.

Too Pricey for the Location
    • Superior Family Room with Spa Bath

The location was a bit far from the shops and restaurants. Most of our Uber drivers also had a hard time locating our hotel, I don’t know why. The service of the restaurant is also bad. Took them almost 45 minutes to serve the food.

Big and Clean Rooms Big and Clean Bathrooms Fast Wi-Fi Big Elevators

Quality stay
    • Triple Studio

Very friendly welcome. Room was clean & beds were comfortable. Convenience of restaurant, kids play room, pool, courtesy shuttle bus & Dan Murphy’s around the corner. Wished we could have stayed longer!

Suburban quietness and comfort(plus).
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

There weren't enough teabags(English breakfast)to be precise.There were other herbal teas but not everyone likes those. I was disappointed to discover that the free drink that the lady at reception told us about on arrival meant one drink, not one each! Either choose to be generous with a voucher per person or choose not to offer it.Thats purely my opinion.

The spaciousness of the newly refurbished room and bathroom. Beautifully quiet with an extremely comfortable new king size bed. Secure on site parking at rear of the hotel. Easy to find location away from the busyness of the heart of the Gold Coast.

Awesome inn , don't need to think of anywhere else perfect location And quality of inn is perfect
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

The fact that the tavern was booked out for dinner , have to be early to get a table

Everything our room was on top floor overlooking pool , the service of staff very. Very good , the bed and room very nice -refurbished room , excellent food at the tavern and across the road more restaurants

My room was spacious and very clean, with ample tea and...
    • King Studio

The signage for the hotel could more clearly state that it's the Quality Hotel, as Dan Murphy's and the Lone Star Tavern make it easy to miss. I was reassured as I got to the door to find the 'Quality' doormat. Even my friends, who've lived close by the hotel for two years, didn't realise that it was the Quality Hotel at Mermaid Waters.

My room was spacious and very clean, with ample tea and coffee, a small carton of milk and decent sized mugs. Good internet, too. It's the little things that count!

It met our requirements for a comfortable room & an excellent breakfast to start the day well rested

Everything was fine.

I used to shy away from buffet breakfasts because the food has in the past been luke warm. Now the Hotel keeps lids on all items with a sign indicating what the container holds thereby keeping the food piping hot. This makes the food considerably more enjoyable compliments to whoever thought of that.

Had a great time. Would defiantly come back.
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

The bathroom. I think the shower and bath could have been a bit more spacious considering that it is still a hotel.

The smallness of the room. Not too much space.

Wow so impressed
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

Noise when shower ran only short time.

Omg check in was done in a few seconds, we were directed to out room, where to park our car. Went up to the room, it was clean & the bed was so big, a king size bed like advertised, super soft to. We turned on the aircon & netflix & chilled. It was so quiet didnt hear anything outside our door. Sleep like a baby. Next morning checkout short & sweet. We got a free drink from the bistro, starting my boyfriends birthday off with a bang.

Breakfast buffet was excellent!
    • Twin Studio

Our room was interconnecting with another, and they were super loud and we could hear every single conversation our neighbours had.

Breakfast buffet was excellent!

My partner and I had an amazing night.
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

A bigger shower would be perfect and its hard to control the water temperature in the shower but thats a super minor thing.

The bed was amazing which is a first for a hotel. The room was spacious and we had netflix which was a surprise.

Travel to the coast for business, just love the ease of...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Travel to the coast for business, just love the ease of staying here, always clean, even though it's only my wife and I we always get a big room which we love.

Relaxing and very comfortable.
    • Family Studio with Spa Bath

Nothing bad to say about this place.

The pool area you can see from your room and all you can hear is the waterfall running,serenity an you don't feel like your in the hustle an bustle of the gold coast. Staff are very friendly and helpful too, love this hotel.

Would definitely stay again
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

The accommodation was excellent the staff were very helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The convenience of the restaurants and the quality of the food and service were fantastic. Really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The location was away from the busyness of the Christmas holiday crowds but close enough to access the beaches, shops and nightlife.

Nice hotel to stay. Eat?
    • Family Studio

Pool was really good and towels supplied. The restaurant was less than perfect, kids were supposed to eat free per the sign board but we were charged and in my opinion the food was very ordinary.

Room was clean and the hotel staff friendly.

everything the staff were lovely and friendly i think her...
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

the stuffie hall ways and elevators otherwise great and the bar staff were great happy happy happy

everything the staff were lovely and friendly i think her name was alley very nice and straight down the line...first time away from the kids in 8 years so no complaints at all breakey for $15 was great so thank yous very much

the bed was comfy rooms were clean pool was great parking...
    • Family Studio

the bed was comfy rooms were clean pool was great parking was great location was perfect the lunch menu was absolutely delicious tea menu was good and brought to out room the buffett breakfast was absolutely delicious

Loved all the staff. They were very happy, helpful and abliging.. Specially Nathan at front desk.n
    • Family Studio

Our shower had a blockage problem and we could not shower for long as it wouldve overflowed. Which is what must have happened to the previous questes who did not tell reception.

We loved the space in the room and also the beds were so cumfy.

fair stay.
    • Twin Studio

no meals included. facilities was a bit old. ? towels seems like a bit dirty. over priced. location was not very good as well.

there was a swimming pool though. check in and check out process was smooth. free car park facillities was available.

Great value for money. Pool is very lovely and a great size. Staff were friendly.
    • Twin Studio

Walls are paper thin so have to be extra quiet so as not to annoy neighbouring rooms. I could hear the people in the next room having a conversation and I'm pretty sure they weren't shouting.

Scrambled eggs at breakfast buffett were lovely and fluffy. Good variety of food on offer for breakfast. Rooms were an easy walk from the restaurant.

ENJOYED thoroughly our wedding ann. and recoup from medical issues
    • Superior Family Room with Spa Bath

The noise from a group of guests was unbearable till 1.30 am and Room phone service didn't work Thought management may have attended to the outrageous partying without needing a complaint as they heard it too Noise was coming from rooms approx. 308 &309 and same group from pool area under our room 307

Spa was excellent on my tired body

I enjoyed my stay.
    • Twin Studio

I did not like the old and outdated room on the first floor that was first allocated and I had to pay more for an upgrade.

The staff are great and very helpful.

This place was lovely, clean, professional and quiet. Pool was perfection and atmosphere awesome
    • Twin Studio

A little further from the beach than our first location but not too far.

The pool is amazing, pub next door is Fantastic and some good restaurants across the road.

Loved it and would stay again!
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

Unfortunately the smell of cigarette smoke permeated through the lift area as the smokers zone must have been nearby.

Beautiful large renovated and tastfully decorated room with large TV and all the comforts. Breakfast offered was fantastic and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed the night and it was great!
    • Twin Studio

Stayed the night and it was great! Hotel was easy to get too, the beds were comfy and staff super friendly! Also, pacific fair is only a 20 min walk away and close to the beach too! Highly recommend!

Great stay - will stay again
    • Superior King Room (Newly Refurbished)

Tv had Netflix but weren't able to watch as no internet connection. Maybe suggestion of Wi-Fi

Food was great, facilities very clean, bed comfortable. Overall great stay - would definitely stay again

Excellent hotel with friendly and welcoming staff
    • Family Studio

- Staff there are very friendly and welcoming. - The room is big and comfy. - there is a coin laundry with dryer in the hotel. - Breakfast is one of the advantages, very good and value.

Internet is ok, free and unlimited.
    • Twin Studio

I requested a late checkout via booking.com but got no answer. The shower had a crack at the bottom and the water floods the bathroom. Got a room that was not renovated. No sockets next to the bed. The laundry room need some maintenance and cleaning. We didn't use the bbq cause it had too dirty. Overall not good value.

Internet is ok, free and unlimited. We were kindly allowed to check in early. Aircon is good but noisy. Bed was comfy.

- Location was great.
    • King Studio

Our first room had a heavy smell of cigarettes. The housekeeper manager denied it and informed us it was just the cupboard smellof smoke. Continued to open window to air out room and spray with smelly stuff. Asked for a room change as i have 2 children i was informed no availability. As there was no fan in the room the smell did not go away. A few minutes later housekeeper returned to offer new room. Great outcome.

- Location was great. 2 minutes from beach - Free secure carparking at back of property. Guest only access through back of property. - 24 hour reception was very convenient. - Reception manager? was very helpful with changing our room. Staff we friendly and patient. Housekeeper manager was fantastic the 2nd time.

Convenient to our function we were attending.....Excellent service
    • Twin Studio

There wasn't anything that we didn't like.....

The staff very courteous and helpful. The restaurant access very good and all staff friendly. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and use again when staying overnight. Parking in a secure area was also a bonus.

Budget accommodation
    • Twin Studio

The pool area was in desperate need of maintenance. Although the staff were really happy, the service was average. Cleaners did not clean the room properly and did not provide toiletries. Wifi was so slow it could not be used. Pillows and bed was really uncomfortable. The room smelt like chemicals.

The staff were really friendly.

It was pleasant
    • King Studio

The room we stayed, the toilet/shower area has no exhaust fan. No ventilation. We can hear the noise of the other guests in our room.

Overall was ok. I like the courtesy car for the guests, we enjoyed that and plus the restasurant is good they cook very nice steak.