Reviews of MAS Country Platinum International 4.5 stars

326 James Street, 4350 Toowoomba, Australia

#14 of 60 hotels in Toowoomba

• Standard King Level 2

The toilet in our room hadn’t been cleaned properly but the rest of the room was clean.

The room was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable. We had breakfast in our room and the food was delicious.

• Executive King Room

Only down fall not sure if the linens were changed as we found a heap of long red hair in the bed and fluff, but it could have stuck on there after washing

Love the location and the fact that they have a king size bed and always smells really lovely and clean

• Executive King Room

Wifi connection was the only let down. Other than that, our stay was awesome!

Staff were awesome, beds were made each day and the room was always clean when we returned to the hotel. Check in was great as we were allowed to get in 2 hours early, without notice. Staff made sure we had everything we needed for the BBQ etc.

• Standard King Level 2

My second stay here, first with my partner after a wedding & second was alone for a week at university. I chose to come back as the apartments are very clean, modern, comfortable & secure. Location is easy to find & has a great on site carpark (free). All of my dinners from room service were fantastic. The free wifi was perfect for study. Overall a great little place to stay, definitely worth the little extra money as opposed to staying in an air BnB or cheaper motel.

• Executive King Room

wasn't a huge problem but was hard to find when arriving , Needs a bright visible sign We missed it the first time , on returning went into the motel down the road , and it was them that told us to look at the end of the Service Station

The room was very spacious and the Bed and Pillows were great Staff were friendly and courteous It was also very Quiet in the room

• Executive King Room

The rooms smelt a little musty when you first walk in. Bathroom was lovely except shower had mould on the walls

The rooms were modern, spacious and the beds very comfortable. Ample amount of parking available. Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Standard Queen Twin Room

We booked in for a hot buffet breakfast only to be told the next morning that because of the public holiday we could only order off a menu that worked out to be quite expensive.

• Standard King Room

There was nothing I didn't like about this property.

Love this place. Stayed here for work purposes approx. 6 years ago. Still looks awesome and new, clean, and the beds are AWESOME!!!! We were staying up near the main road/highway, and we didn't hear traffic!! That was great!

• Standard King Level 2

Rooms are spacious. Absolutely awesome. Beds are also super comfy and rooms are clean. Love the restaurant being right there too. 7/11 next door and shopping centre right across the road. This is our go to when shopping in Toowoomba.

See above

Comfotable bed in a good location Staff were very friendly and couldn't help enough Dinner was amazing The wall near the toilet was dirty and there was mould in the shower I would stay there again

• Accessible Suite

Was disappointed there was no gluten free breads or soy milk available at buffet breakfast. Only percolated coffee available at breakfast or decaf sachet.

The motel kindly accommodated my need for an early check-in due to surgery in afternoon. Also changed room to better suite my needs.

• Standard King Level 2

Traffic from main road quite noisy during the day, but quietened down at night.

A great stay for one night away! Room very clean and comfortable! Very large bathroom which was handy! Heaps of parking available! Very close to central Toowoomba! Would definitely stay here again!

• Standard King Room

Poor access due to badly designed driveway. Also traffic builds up out the front making getting to the driveway difficult.

Location. Reasonably quite room at back.

• Standard King Room

I requested a quiet room and that is exactly what I got. Even though the Hotel is situated on a very busy highway, once I was inside the room it was very quiet. The room was very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was large and modern. I had a very comfortable nights stay.

• Accessible Twin Suite

Somewhat pricey but better value than the other motels in town. I would rather pay the $30 a night more to stay here where it is clean and modern. Suggestion - I think the family room needs a lounge in it to fit all the guests in the seating area. It didn't matter to us as we were a couple that got upgraded anyway, but I did notice it only seats 4 in an apartment that sleeps 5.

Nice large clean modern rooms, with everything you need. Great restaurant too.

• Executive King Room

Air conditioning unit occasionally emitted loud noises when set to "cool" mode. Location is away from the main attractions, but not an issue with a car

Check-in staff was very helpful, room was spotlessly clean and the shower was good. Good value for money if you book during a promotion

• Standard King Room

The notice in the bathroom to not get makeup on towels or face washers made me feel a little awkward. It made me feel like I was staying in someone's home and not a hotel. Also our TV turned itself on during the night, with the remote untouched on the other side of the room. That made for an uncomfortable nights sleep wondering what caused it or if we were being monitored. Very unusual.

-Clean and comfortable -Easy parking

• Standard King Level 2

The only thing not to like, was that I couldn’t stay longer.

The room was fresh and modern. Tastefully furnished. Excellent value for accommodation of this standard. Will definitely be back. Requested an early check in, and was no problem at all.

• Standard King Level 2

The price - overpriced for the type of hotel. I expect that from the middle of Sydney, and I've had cheaper stays in 4* hotels in Melbourne - especially as this was a Monday! The food is quite random - the chef has been watching too much MKR - I had the gnocchi, which was very stodgy & dry, with a minute amount of sauce. Its price of over $25 (one of the cheapest things on the menu) made it worse. If you stay here, go & eat somewhere else, or order something in.

The room was a good size, the bathroom had a good layout & the shower was really good.

• Executive King Room

The toilet paper and tissues really let the whole thing down, tissues like sandpaper and toilet paper so thin

The bed was comfy, pillows spot on, nice big room

• Standard Queen Twin Room

Mould in the room, air con smelt, not a good variety of food on the menu - nothing for kids, room service meals were expensive, we went elsewhere to buy food which was a shame as we booked that hotel based on that it had room service

Close to facilities

• Standard King Room

Absolutely amazing place to stay. Modern decor and gorgeous bathroom. Definitely does not feel like a motel. Pool & spa just perfect. Good location. Shopping village just across the road!!!

• Executive King Room

Take your room service breakfast order ro reception. Got missed when placed on doorknob as per guidelines. Car tyres squeak on parking space and driveway.

Quiet for close to highway. Very clean rooms. Helpful staff. The room was quite spacious. Loved the coffee machine!

• Standard King Level 2

Restaurant very over priced for basic meals. Regrilled shredded lamb from the Sunday roast doesn’t make a lamb salad worth $28.00

Overall it was great and staff attentive and pleasant

• Standard King Level 2

web sites say check in is at 13:00 but when we got there at 13:30, we were told check in is at 14:00. Then we were told, no one stayed in the room last night, so luckily we could check in. I found that to be a bit unnecessary to say anything at all.

Shops over the road very convenient - everything else in driving distance

• Standard Queen Room

aircon was crap, remote didnt work. pillows were far too high and mattress was uncomfortable as it had a dip in the middle. not a good nights sleep

changed rooms on short notice quick and easy, staff were all cheerful and helpful. food was all quite good, although the menu was heavily reduced for christmas..

• Standard King Level 2

If you wanted something from the continental (say, fruit) PLUS a cooked option, that was $25, which I thought was too steep. The shower cubicle had a rolled up towel at the entry to the shower. Turns out it's there to stop water flowing across the floor! A little sub-standard for a new establishment. Having said that, our friends stating in another unit had no issue with the shower.

The continental breakfast selection was excellent. Plenty of choice and variety. The cooked breakfast was also good. It was $15 for either continental OR cooked. We had a "quiet" room, which was upstairs at the back, overlooking the carpark. It was, indeed, quiet :-)

• Executive King Room

I originally booked another place last minute and close to the venue where my husband was working however when I went to check in I didn't check for air conditioning and the receptionist was kind enough to let me find another accommodation and fortunately (not even 5mins later) for a similar price I found MAS country platinum motel. We were both impressed and everything was beyond our expectations the friendly receptionist, spacious modern clean room, location and value for money. I had only booked a few mins before and arrived a few mins later and the friendly receptionist had already expected me and I was very impressed. We travel often to Toowoomba for my husbands work and we will definitely return here.

• Standard King Level 2

The toilet roll holder was coming off the wall; screw loose.

Everything. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and large. The bathroom and bedroom were lovely and spatious. It was convenient having a restaurant downstairs. It was in the middle of town. If I'm back in Toowoomba again I would stay here again.

• Standard King Room

The room was nice and clean. Nice products in the bathroom. The women I checked out with was awesome! Super kind and lovely! The women I checked in and ordered food.. not really. You should know the dishes of the day. Half the menu wasn’t available anymore at 6pm, my order wasn’t complete and the lady who brought my food to the room lost half of the orange juice and it was all over the place. Swimming plates, yeii. The wifi did connect with my devices but it was so slow I couldn’t even google stuff. It was okay for one night, but I expected more for 125$.

• Executive King Room

Suggest checking the after hours safe buttons are all working (especially #3) - it took a few goes to open it!

Large room with a comfortable bed and great bathroom with walk in shower. Arrived after hours and late check in was relatively easy. Didn't notice any traffic noise as the room faced away from the street.

• Executive King Room

The coasters & mini bar menu were old and shabby. I threw them in the bin. Just a little detail for an otherwise excellent room.

Soft white towels Huge comfortable bed

• Executive King Room

A bit hard to get in the driveway because of the island when coming in from the west Our breakfast order wasn’t collected from our door overnight so a bit disappointed to find it still hanging there the next morning

Loved where it’s situated and the size of the rooms and bed

• Standard King Level 2

The room was immaculate, very comfortable & offered great services. The restaurant down stairs was delicious and all staff where helpful and friendly. Will be returning.

• Executive King Room

The blue light on the TV and the digital clock. It's so bright after you turn the light off. We could put a towel over the clock but not the TV.

Location, restaurant and shopping centre over the road.

• Standard King Level 2

We ate breakfast there as so convenient. The buffet breakfast lacked imagination. Adding good bread, muesli, stewed fruit and scrambled eggs would be an easy fix to the Woolworths bread, packet cereals, tinned two fruits and rock hard poached eggs.

Staff were great, room very clean and very comfortable. Across the road from a big shopping centre which was useful. Including a coffee pod machine was a very nice addition.

• Standard King Level 2

The room was beautiful and clean and the bed was very comfy. There was a number of different pillow sizes so that was good to choose one that suited me.

• Executive King Room

Internet access was terribly slow and mostly unusable at any time of day or night that I tried it. I had to use my mobile data instead to get work done in the evenings.

Clean, spacious and modern room. We were comfortable and it was easy to get around where we needed to go.

• Family Suite Self Contained (2Q, 1 S)

I would have preferred a sofa instead of the lounge chairs.

Immaculately clean, stylish and beautifully presented room. Plentiful towels, and generous quantities of tea coffee & even lots of biscuits provided! Our room was very quiet, no road noise at all. Restaurant has delicious food. Breakfast was very good, a great selection. And the staff were exceptionally friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Standard King Level 2

The pillows were to hard

Absolute loved the food, we had the platinum burger & salt n pepper seafood with Asian salad.. so yummy & fresh Room was lovely & clean

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Family Suite Self Contained (1Q, 3S)

The coffee was awful.

The hotel was fantastic. There were a few very minor issues that we reported so the managers knew about them not because they bothered us & they were so apologetic & discounted our room. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Our was very clean. We will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Executive King Room

Very modern bathroom tiles very shines and slippery

Staff were great when we arrived. There was a mix up with the room that was rectified promptly and with no fuss. We dined at the onsite restaurant where the meal and service was excellent

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Executive King Room

running out of body wash & conditioner.

restaurant staff helpful as had 9 month old grandson who had been couped up all day in a car & wanted to explore. Food wasfabulous.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Standard King Room

Restaurant menu like pub food. Full Breakfast trays missing some options at time of getting food. Waiting staff very attentive to the point of being pushy.

Place was nice and new, coffee machine in room nice touch. Bar staff and nibble option excellent.

• Standard King Room

Shower water runs outside shower doors as they have modern 'half glass' shower doors. Had to use extra towels to mop up water. Ordered coffee from restaurant - lady was friendly but asked 3 times what our coffee order was and then still got it wrong.

Lovely rooms - beautiful décor. Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Standard King Level 2

Shower very noisy and no shower door makes bathroom floor wet. Digital clockface very large and very bright when trying to sleep

Modern facilities.. decent size tv with variety of many fox channels.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Standard King Level 2

Tiles in spa bath a bit mouldy but everything else was spotless.

Very convenient location next to Clifford Gardens Shopping centre. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We had a second floor room which looked out over Toowoomba. Room 429 Very roomy with two comfortable armchairs and a balcony with seating too. On main road but quiet in the room.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Nothing to add

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, the room clean and quiet. I have stayed there before , I highly recommend

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Deluxe Twin Spa

the spa bath wasn't working 100% as only some of the air holes were working, did reported it but no sorry or Na about it or antthing.

Close to shopping area's, mini bar great, room service's great and great food, bed good.

• Standard King Level 2

I love that every time I stay, I enjoy a consistent level of customer experience and room presentation, which is always to a high standard. Also, the convenient parking just makes it easy to get in and out of. This is the only place I stay at while in Toowoomba.

• Standard King Level 2

Lovely new hotel. The staff were excellent and very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay including dinner at the restaurant which was excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe King Spa

We booked this room for three adults. mother, daughter and a friend. we expected at the minimum a double and one single. the room had one double bed. they finally gave us a fold out bed after a number of complaints. the toilet and shower had no doors so it was all open plan. not good for three adults as booked. shower was in the spa you had to rock climb over the side to get in and out.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard King Room

Airconditioning that cooled us and NOT facing the curtains in the corner cooling the curtains! Awful smell - don't know if air freshener or carpet cleaner , was disgusting and over powering. Location - hotel is between 2 service stations 😁. Too far out of town. $200 a night is far too much for what we had .

Spacious room , comfortable bed and pillows . Free wifi that worked. Shopping centre across the road .

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Executive King Room

A few more snacks in the mini bar would have been nice

The room felt more like an apartment which made it more comfortable and the staff were always polite and helpful

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard King Room

Crazy spa set up. Almost impossible to climb into and no exhaust fan in the bathroom and no door to the bedroom, Needs a re-think!

Friendly staff, good food at restaurant

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Deluxe Twin Spa

The mash potato could be creamier.

The spa bath was clean and relaxing and the bed was very comfortable. The steaks In the restaurant were the best I have ever had, The meals are very large so unfortunately I couldn't fit in a yummy desert.

• Standard King Level 2

Not really a criticism but it's not very central if you are visiting Tmba.

Really comfy beds. Spacious room. Nice clean bathroom and perfectly maintained. Well priced.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Twin Spa

The spa bath was awsome much bigger than I expected and the shower head was awsome never seen one like that.the bathroom shampoo etc dispenser's were cool. Lots of good unique extras I in never experienced before the biscuits you supplied where the yummy ones not the cheap generic ones we usually get at hotels. The pool looked fantastic pity its winter looked really funky at night. Great location shops galore we didn't have to drive once we got there.huge spacious room very clean well maintained. Super awsome that we could smoke on balcony.the front desk girls were awsome so polite and friendly .room service was delicious steak cooked perfectly and melted In my mouth plenty of gravey.great hotel will definitely come again.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Executive King Room

Only negative was fire alarm going off at 12:30 in the morning and having to leave our room in the middle of winter.

Location was close to shopping centre and service stations

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard King Level 2

The room was immaculate and had everything you could need,lovely comfy bed,modern decor and gorgeous bathroom,very friendly and helpful staff and a yummy breakfast.

• Standard King Level 2

The beds were very comfy

• Executive King Room

no hot water for a shower

• Standard King Level 2

The room was spotlessly clean. The bed is big and comfy and its nice and modern. Room service breafast was yummy!

• Accessible Twin Suite

The room was clean and spacious great location. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I’d stay again!

A bit out of town

Very comfy bed and room

• Executive King Room

Would have liked outside spa heated.

Good size room and bathroom. In quite settings. Pleasant restaurant & Bar.

ran out of shower gel

lovely bed

• Standard King Room

Bed comfy, very clean room, friendly staff

• Standard King Room

Wasn't sure if there was Wifi included in the rate, it wasn't made clear on check in.

The breakfast is a very high quality.

• Standard King Room

Room service pricing was a bit steep.

Room was in great condition. Bed was very comfy Plenty of parking

• Executive King Room

Great location, clean and comfortable

Nothing to dislike

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful

• Deluxe King Spa

The Restaurant on site was fantastic. The room was spacious, all the TV channels worked. The spa bath was great

Air conditioner light.