Reviews of Cairns Sheridan Hotel 4.5 stars

295 Sheridan Street, 4870 Cairns, Australia

#19 of 73 hotels in Cairns

It is easy to get to from the airport
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I found customer service to be poor. The cleaner barged into our room and started cleaning and stripping the bed linen while we were still in the room. Reception was unstaffed at 10 am, and we had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come so we could check out.

It is easy to get to from the airport

Overall good except for air conditioning.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Found the room to be very hot and stuffy even with the air conditioner on.

Staff very happy and very helpful. Especially the young lady on the Saturday when we arrived, I'm sure she was dealing with a difficult lady a around 6 ish but was only to happy to help me with my enquiry.

Otherwise the hotel was very satisfactory.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

All good except that there was an old connecting door to next room which you could hear the guests talking. The two lounge chairs in the room where extremely uncomfortable as the springs were very uneven in the seat and the chair to sit at the bench to write or eat was too low. Ordinary chair would have been better and more practical.

Good location. Parking available. We had a room in the front of the hotel with heavy traffic going past but there was very little noise.

Does the job. Nothing fancy or luxurious.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Basic hotel in need of renovation's

Room size is very large, bed very comfortable. Fine if you get it at a good price and only plan on spending little time in the room/hotel.

Good clean hotel. Convenient for the airport and reasonably priced
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Better signage to the swimming pool. You go through a door but it doesn’t say up or down the stairs. The WiFi really difficult to connect to. The young man on reception tried several time

The young man on the reception was extremely friendly and engaging. The room had everything I needed and minutes away from the airport

A relaxing night away.
    • Family Room

Shower. It was only a bathtub and my daughter was frightened to hop up into it. Wish it had a shower cubicle.

It was quiet and the bed and pillows were comfy. Great area.

It was great value for the money because the location was convenient and parking was easy!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

However when we got in, we realized that the facilities and the accommodations were very outdated and the bedding uncomfortable. This is a very old property.

We booked this property because it was rated high by others on booking.com. I assume this property has great reviews because of the location and the spaciousness.

Overall my stay was excellent, friendly staff, excellent meals in the dining room for evening meals.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This may sound a bit petty but the coffee at breakfast was not up to the standard I enjoy at my house. :(

My stay at the hotel was very enjoyable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The greeting at the front desk when I arrived was really nice, and when I needed anything over my stay, the staff went out of their way to assist. Very good indeed :)

very enjoyable after 3 weeks in a camper van.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

all facilities were good there was nothing that was unacceptable

Room was a good size, close to airport, receptionist was extremely helpful . meal in restaurant was good value, waitress very polite and professional.

Great, exceptional service and very clean establishment. Try the pool, end of the day special treat.
    • Executive King Room

I have no negatives to add here, they delivered for me.

The staff are very helpful and are intuitive service providers. The overall appearance and room quality was very good. I could recommend a stay here for any person or group. The location near the Cairns Airport and to down town is ideal for those out and about and moving on. This was my second stay so I was well positioned to ascertain this establishments continuous ability to deliver on product and service.

Great holiday lovely and hot. Traffic was good and so was the buses.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Ant crawled over my phone an another on my reading glasses didn’t know till I put them on. Sliding door to balcony doesn’t close properly until you fiddle with it. Vacuum cleaner left out all day in hall. The place needs revamping

The bed was excellent Leanne at reception was excellent so helpful nothing was a problem. Jordan was helpful too.

"SHERIDAN"

No complaints.

Friendly staff, from reception to cleaners & bus driver. Comfortable, clean. Have stayed few times now, quite happy to do so in future.

Sheridan overlooked before, stay in Cairns often.

No negatives.

Breakfast in room, arrived time ordered. Nice. Haven’t stayed at this Hotel before. Pleasant surprise. Close to where required. Intend to stay at this hotel again. Value for money.

Average at best, Very disappointed. Won't be staying here again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The temperature of the water for the shower was scalding hot or freezing cold. Around 10 minutes of standing there trying to adjust the cold water tap to get something that you could stand under was required every time I showered. It was reported and looked at, and nothing changed. On the Sunday night I reported that the bedside globe was blown, when I checked out on the Wednesday it still wasn't changed. The swimming pool was more like a small pond and looked like it hadn't seen a clean in a while. The free WIFI was useless, and I was prompted each time to upgrade to paying package. Don't advertise free WIFI if its so slow it can't do anything.

Location was easy to get to and from the airport

An excellent, relaxing 4 days
    • Suite

The breakfast was satisfactory but very limited

The staff at the front desk were polite, friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. They were helpful and most obliging when asked questions and were interested in any activity in which we participated.

Family run hotel all helpful and friendly location a little out of town but nearer airport
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Cant really fault it but breakfast could have been a little more varied ie instead of hash browns healthier option would be tomato / mushrooms and more choice of eggs not scrambled everyday otherwise good friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms

Excellent time spent here could not fault anything. Definitely will come back and will recommend.

Not much all was great.

Staff are very nice and professional the food is exceptional, the beds are super comfortable and facilitates a great convenience, the pool clean and we will definitely be coming back and recommending to many. Thank you.

Great place to stay. Highly recommended
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Swimmimg pool in da front facing main road.

Very convenient not too far from the esplanade. All foods served were amazing including customer service. Very friendly including house keeping.

A nice weeks stay in Cairns.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel needs updating & in need of refurbishment.The facilities i.e.Pool & Gym on the small side. The bar doubles as dining room.Breakfast was predictable,same each morning probably due to many short stay guests.They probably would have given us an alternative if we had asked.However that did not stop us having an enjoyable weeks stay there.

Very friendly staff.Always accomadating.Always clean.Good location, near airport & local bus route just outside hotel. Our room was a good size & comfortable.Always plenty tea&coffee,and toiletries.Lots of info re.Tours etc.Nice sitting out area overlooking pool.A well run & organised hotel, breakfast started at 6 30 till 10 00 for early starters on tours I presumed.

Good value for money
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Property is situated at 10-15 min walk from the beach n 30 min from city. TV channels available were limited.

Staff was very friendly n help ful. Property is old but well maintained and clean.

convenient location when going to the airport next morning
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast is nothing special. The gym does not have windows. Nor does it have towels or a cold water dispenser, which is pretty standard I would say

got a free upgrade which is always nice:) big spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The property was walking distance to Tobruk Pool where I was...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The property was walking distance to Tobruk Pool where I was swimming in Masters Games. You can also walk to Botanic Gardens. It's approx $8 Uber to the city. Tours picked us up at the hotel.

If you want quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city Sheridan is the place to go.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There is nothing not to like?

I have stayed at the Sheridan before and I really like the convenience of being so close to the airport plus everything about it is right up my alley. Staff are friendly and helpful, it's clean & tidy, bed is comfy, I would definitely stay there again, I give it a ten out of ten!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Highly recommended.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was nothing to dislike.

This hotel was close to the city, Botanic Gardens and Esplanade. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was superb for dinner and breakfast. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. Highly recommended.

Was ok, but.
    • Executive King Room

No transportation to airport and downtown. Breakfast was awful, nothing much to eat. Coffee was terrible. They said machine was broken down.

Nice to stay before the flt.

Comfortable in Cairns
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A good worthwhile choice, covered all the bases. I didn't swim that's why I was not effusive in praise for the pool. I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Excellent value for money with cheerful friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Reception staff very friendly and helpful, always had a smile and time for a quick chat. Small cartons of milk available from lobby fridge if needed for tea making facilities. Didn't have breakfast there due to early morning starts so can't comment on that. Had one evening meal there which was good, restaurant very quiet that night, only the 2 of us there!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Fantastic Hotel Staff!!!
    • Executive King Room

We have never met such a kind and accommodating hotel staff in all our travels. Whatever my husband and I needed, they did all they could do to fulfill our requests. They went above and beyond to make our stay pleasureable. We also liked the restaurant that was on the premises. The food and service was excellent!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff were horrible!! The woman on the front desk when we checked in was rude, the man at the desk in the morning when we left grunted and didn't even talk to us, was too busy playing video games on the computer.. Our room had a dripping noise all night like water leaking so we got no sleep!!

It was pretty clean

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Not such a good price for a bad nights sleep
    • Executive King Room

Found the bed extremely uncomfortable. I was looking forward to a good nights sleep but wasn't possible due to discomfort.

Shower head and pressure

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The staff were the best at this location.
    • Family Room

The staff were the best at this location. Very informative and eager to help us find the best adventure and value. Rooms were always clean. Pool was beautiful!

Bit away from city but friendly and clean hotel. Comfy bed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bit far away to city. Took 30 minutes and we were sweating by the time we were in city. If you like exercise, it could be good place to stay.

Friendly staff, good value, clean and comfy bed.

Great economical room for a 2 night stay while making a Great Barrier Reef tour.!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The wifi could have been faster.

Staff at check in was very friendly and knowledgeable about Cairns city. Restaurant staff were outgoing and efficient. The hotel is close to the airport, yet a short walk to the esplanade and 20 minutes walk down town.

Great location, clean hotel.
    • Family Room

The lights went out on the first night, and we were without power for couple of hours. I would've imagined, an electrician would be on call immediately. The breakfast was a bit pricey for 'Continental' stuff.

Speedy check-in. Friendly staff. We got a connecting room for family of 3. Sarah at the reception went out of her way to book us in for the Kuranda tour, at the last minute. Any luckily the amount of time spent was just enough. Special thanks to her for her efforts, otherwise we would've missed out on this part of our visit.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Comfortable hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nice spacious room with private bathroom and balcony. Unfortunately this was a short stopover between flight into Cairns and journey up into the rainforest therefore I wasn't in the hotel long enough to make full use of the hotel and its facilities. However the reception staff whom I met were both more than helpful and courteous!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

A Good Place to Stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was difficult to get the wheelchair into and out of our room as the door could not be hooked back.

The receptionist was very welcoming and most helpful in taking our bags to our room. The availability of a bathroom with disabled facilities was most welcome for my elderly mother. Having a 'breakfast included' deal was a bonus and the breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Absolutely amazing!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Think it would be nicer if it was a little more modern but cleanliness n comfort was A+

I was amazed and at how friendly and helpful the staff were. Sarah was outstanding!!! Even housekeepers were great!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel. You don't come across staff like at the Sheridan often. Had a fabulous stay, looking forward to coming again. Thank you!!!😃

If you want a fantastic holiday stay at SHERIDAN Hotel
    • Suite

There isn't anything that we didn't like

The staff were always helpful and always greeted us with a smile We will definitely recommend Sheridan to our friends and we will come back again

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Staff make this hotel

Nothing, all good

The staff were so helpful and the steaks in the restaurant were delicious. I had the gym all to myself which had sufficient equipment to do my workout.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Pleasant Comfort
    • Deluxe Queen Room

For me, the greatest negative would have to be the lack of free Wi-Fi in the rooms, but is available for a price. There is however a complimentary guest computer in the Reception.

Upon arrival, was very warmly greeted, with genuine interest being shown in your own activities to date. A full description of the hotels amenities was given, which is backed by a good guest compendium in the room. Room was spacious, and while indicating some aging, was very well decorated and furnished. Bed was large and comfortable. Bathroom was equally large, and had a shower over bath combination that had fabulous water pressure (and temperature). Ample complimentary toiletries were also provided. Excellent air-conditioning completed a very comfortable room, which despite facing the roadway (which is also the main Highway), was very quiet. Located a little away from the CBD, it is still an easy fifteen-minute walk there, and can be easily combined with a walk (at least one way) along the Promenade.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The Staff were all sensational!
    • Suite

The Staff were all sensational! Very efficient, helpful and friendly. We were on the 4th floor so traffic noise wasn't an issue. We had 9 nights and the room was both large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

4 * value at 3 * cost.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Minor matters - instant coffee ordinary - prefer mugs to cups - especially with good coffee. TV aged.

Room was spacious. Bed very comfortable. Meals (dinner and breakfast) well prepared and reasonably priced. Staff well trained and friendly. TV channel range was good. Bottle shop right next door.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Will stay there again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

TV was lacking some modern features.

The pillows and bed were very comfy. Airconditioning was quiet and just right. Reception staff friendly. Shower water pressure was great. Room was very clean and welcoming. Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Had a great time at the Sheridan. Be definitely coming back
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Maybe the fruit selection at breakfast. Wasn't very appealing. Could of been a better variety

I would definitely be coming back to this wonderful motel. Service was great. All the staff were warm and friendly. Ready to help in anyway they can, whatever your needs. Accommodation was very good value for money and always kept very clean

Great place to stay - close to the airport - good rates
    • Suite

The spaces were very good

Everything.
    • Executive King Room

Everything...great staff at reception.

Alls good

Alls good

Last minute stay...very impressed..exceptional service and cleanliness.
    • Family Room

Only negative... was the cushions kept slipping off the chairs.

For an older style hotel..It was in top condition...very clean! Well maintained.

Bed was excellent.
    • Executive King Room

Very noisy planes and traffic. Needs double glazing. Breakfast very tired.

Bed was excellent.

Nice stay..close to restaurants, shopping etc Convenient
    • Family Room

Noisy, people on the street walking and talking loud..

Location and the rooms. Water pressure was amazing!!! Beautiful hot showers!

emergency stop over; appreaciated being able to get a bed

breakfast was average

the service, the bed, the room

Comfortable, close to everything.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms are always comfortable and close to everything.

Reasonable

Sugar ants in the bed

Pleasant check in staff

Convenient for travel to the airport, comfortable and clean.
    • Executive King Room

Feels like a conference centre for business rather than a leisure hotel.

Convenient for travel to the airport, comfortable and clean.

Decent rooms.

A bit dated

Decent rooms. Handy for flight cancellations.

Great value for money

Great value for money

• Executive King Room

Short but comfortable stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The location of the hotel wasn't brilliant. It was also very outdated.

Staff were very friendly and WIFI was very quick.

It’s great area nice hotel and the staff was friendly

Room

It served its purpose

Breakfast was not great

Not expensive, close to airport

Good value for the price.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The free wifi is a computer near reception - not actually free, or wifi.

Clean, good value and convenient.

Comfortable, convenient location with fantastic friendly staff who were very helpful.
    • Executive King Room

Good coffee but had to pay for a real one.

Paid wifi only.

Paid wifi only.

Great Location to Airport
    • Executive King Room

For easy access to airport this place was wonderful. Staff very helpful.

shower was excellent.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

shower was excellent. No European taps. Plenty of water pressure. In fact, the best shower I've had for months.

Nice enough!
    • Executive King Room

Property nice but does needs an update looks vey tired and run down

Sarah at front desk was very helpful and so lovely vey accomodating Thank you

Great stay Dinner & breakfast was beautiful , rooms were huge , location just 700meters from Parkrun
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Location was central to our needs

• Deluxe Queen Room

The over bath shower. Only because I have back and hip issues The rail helped but it was a difficult to get my leg up an over

Everything else

Solid hotel , good value, great staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Went the extra mile.

Very poor selection of wines by the glass in the bar.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very poor selection of wines by the glass in the bar. No Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris so had leave and find another place to eat.

Ideally located close to the airport and on the main road.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Ideally located close to the airport and on the main road. easy to find and access. Very friendly and helpful staff. will stay again.

not bad
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Shower did not allow access for my mother who is not able to climb into a bath.

The restaurant was fabulous

Roomy, clean & tidy.
    • Executive King Room

Very noisy with police needing to be called in the early hours of the morning

Clean and roomy

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

good hotel to live.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

good hotel to live. there are two supermarket around as well as several restaurant. Hotel service is very good. free WiFi and taxi booking etc.

Easy to get airport