Reviews of Ovolo Inchcolm Brisbane 5 stars

73 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane CBD, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#4 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

• Medium

A little hard to get out and about due to traffic in area and my travel partner was a a bit disabled

BED amazingly comfy - breakfast a cut above the usual

• Large

Not an issue with the hotel but Uber drop offs would always be near the Novotel on another street instead of outside the actual hotel on Wickham terrace. This was a slight annoyance. Probably an Uber issue.

Was able to checkin earlier than 2pm and checkout at 11am. This worked well with our chosen flights to/from Brisbane. Short walking distance to major locations/attractions/transport. Staff went out of their way to provide top services and catered to every request we had big or small. My wife is 8 months pregnant and the hotel staff were very accommodating for her. Attractive hotel/room interior and exterior. Lots of freebies included in the room and hotel. Spacious room, bathroom, and bed if you go for anything larger than the medium suite. Restaurant on ground floor adds convenience for dinner and breakfast if you are in a rush.

• Large

The air conditioning was a little warm in the room even once the temp was lowered to 20 deg.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortably equipped. Tech savvy gadgets and good coffee and tea facilities. Mini bar inclusions also a nice touch. Staff were very welcoming and efficient and pleasant at both check in and check out. Did not have time to enjoy the bar as we were meeting family elsewhere by pre-arrangement, but will definately make use of the next time we visit.

• Medium

The bed was a bit too soft for me. Just a personal preference for a firm bed.

Very friendly service at check-in and also well designed and artsy room. The free minibar and wifi are really nice touches. Love the toiletries too.

• I Loft

The loft suite had some fancy but impractical faucets and fixtures making it hard to select the right water temperatures.

Nice dimmable lighting and modern features including the convenience of Alexa. Good ambiance. Very clean. Appreciated the mini-bar being included in the price.

• Large

Initially some confusion about our room type as booking.com had large rooms listed as having king beds but apparently this is not the case, on arrival our room had a queen bed. The staff were accommodating though and shifted us to a room with a king bed (though it was a smaller room).

Funky decorating, quiet, comfortable, free mini bar

• Large

The bed was very comfy but some guests may find it too soft (you tend to both roll to the middle!) Could hear music and noise from the TV being played in the room above, otherwise hotel was pretty quiet Missed having a bath in the bathroom but bathroom was very nice.

Large room was perfect size, really liked the decor and room amenities including the extras like free minibar. Got a really good value deal from Booking.com. It’s a great hotel for those liking a boutique feel rather than a big chain hotel. Location was very good, very convenient to Central Station and the CBD but still in a quiet location.

• Medium

Nothing. I was impressed.

Great value for money - rooms are well presented and it’s the little touches: warm greeting, free mini bar, coffee machine in room, lighting in the room that actually lights the room brightly.

• Large

I've stayed a couple times now and breakfast always proves to be disappointing when ordered to the room. Its expensive for what you get and the food arrives cold.

I liked the changes with the restaurant and reception/bar.

• Extra Large

This was a wonderful surprise for my husband and I. The hotel is beautifully appointed and the bed was so comfortable. We were offered the opportunity of a slightly larger room for only $15 a night and it was a treat. Gorgeous features including a little lounge ist the entrance. This hotel is highly recommended

• Medium

Room very dark and poorly lit. Electronic light switches confusing. The windows face into an internal light well full of air conditioning units.

Quirky, boutique hotel. Big TV and good IT facilities. Friendly staff. Great location in CBD next to Central Railway Station.

• Medium

Beef slightly over cooked and a bit dry. The end of my bed was very close to the desk. Tight space to move around, unpack etc.. room 206

Staff very friendly. Florin helped me with my on line flight check in. Jeremy helped me with directions to and from my conference. Delphine helped me with the dinner menu. The Tomato thyme dish was really excellent. Also the bread and burnt butter, delicious. (And I am a baker..so fussy) I liked the coffee and tea in my room. Good quality And the Cabernet Sauvignon “Bear” in mini bar. Very good. I liked the loot bag. Made me smile. Good hairdryer

• Large

Great location, excellent rooms, beautiful decor and comfortable beds. Highly recommend staying at this hotel, we loved it and will definitely stay there again.

• Large

we asked for the room to be cleaned whilst we were out from 9am till midday and it wasn't done - so a bit disappointed by that - everything else was great

Not applicable

Perfect boutique style hotel... lovely antique feel... lift was awesome. Good to see how the look and feel was maintained yet had all modern facilities.

• Medium

Disappointment - the ironing board in the room was flimsy, a real let down for a top class establishment

Boutique hotel, with great history, interior decoration concept was very impressive.

• Medium

Loved all the little details, like the wrought iron seating out front and the bikes. The staff's uniforms, matching the wallpaper, the beautiful restored lift, the memorabilia strategically placed. The loot bag was definitely appreciated after a big night out and being able to choose our own music on request. We'll definitely be back!

Not much really...

Really cool fit-out... a really nice change to all the boring old hotels out there. The location is also really convenient. Easy to walk into the city or Fortitude Valley

• Large

When ordering room service on the room’s iPad, the options didn’t allow us to enter dietary requirements so we had to call but seriously, this was not an issue, the staff took care of it. When the meal arrived, it was delicious but a lot smaller than we expected.

Everything - from check in to check out, the staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was a problem. The decor and atmosphere was exactly what I hoped for.

• Large

Impeccably designed. Extraordinarily comfortable. Beautiful touches like the loot bag and complimentary mini bar. Was the most beautiful place to stay.

• Large

In the bar reception area it was a little dark, I guess that's the atmosphere they are going for. We would be loved to dine in the restaurant but was told upon arrival it was fully booked.

Nice comfy bed and the amenities and free mini bar. Lovely staff.

• Extra Large

Bathroom becomes wet because the shower head is too close to the end of the glass shower screen.

A cozy chic property in a great location just at the edge of the city. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The modern art is superb. The usual Ovolo free mini bar and goody bag sets you up psychologically for a wonderful stay. Parking nearby at Turbot st is only $5 a day over the weekend.

Loved it all :)

Check in was great, as we were early they took our bags whilst we went for lunch. When we got back the bags were already taken up to our room. As we were celebrating three special occasions at once, babymoon, honeymoon and my 30th, the hotel staff went above and beyond themselves to make it memorable for us. The hotel decor was amazing!! The room was absolutely beautiful, the bed was like sleeping on a massive marshmallow and the pillows were extra fluffy, just perfect. The staff provided me with a body pillow to help support me when sleeping as I was 7 months pregnant, I thought this was amazing. Breakfast was superb, so many great choices, and they were able to cater to my dietary requirements which was a bonus!! Our stay was only for one night but we really enjoyed it. Would highly recommend to other visitors if Brisbane. Location was perfect also as it was a two minute walk to the central train station :)

• Large

Food on the in dining menus for Room service was poor. Nothing substantial on the list and so over priced. I went to Novotel to eat meals. Better value for money and large serves . Dinner menu was so over priced for such tiny meals. I’m most disappointed

• Medium

Rubbish on the floor and a half empty minibar item which was not replaced after notifying staff upon check in.

Staff in restaurant lovely, food was divine. beautifully appointment (cosy) room.

• Medium

I love staying at the New Inchcombe. The hotel is beautifully appointed, quiet and very comfortable. Room upgrades seem to be offered frequently. Plus it's just so easy to catch the Airtain to Central Station, just across the street.

• Medium

Firstly, the bed, which is the main reason for a hotel’s existence was so soft and spongy, it made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep. It actually caused back pain for both my wife and I. I ended up sleeping on the couch in the room to alleviate the headache the bed caused. Some people like soft beds, but this was just too soft for us. Secondly, the air conditioning despite being set at 16 degrees, just didn’t cut it. It got so hot in the night, the both of us woke up hot and sweating, so clearly, it was not working so well. Thirdly, the fridge suffered the same problem as the air conditioner.....just not cold enough, even though it was cranked up to maximum cooling. Fourthly, the toilet....well....it’s square in shape, and as we all know, our bottoms are all generally rounded. The square toilet made for a very uncomfortable sitting experience, and placed painful pressure upon the bones and muscles in our butts. Such a shame really....such a beautiful hotel, but many of the key features one expects to be brilliant for such an expensive place, were just let downs. The staff did give a discount when we told them of the problems when we checked out.

Let me begin by saying the renovated rooms were very nice looking, and the location was perfect for where we needed to attend appointments. The staff were also nice, and granted us a discount because of the problems we had.

• Medium

Mid a massive renovation which they don't disclose, and still charge their standard price. Paint fumes abound, my hot water took quite a while to warm, not up to its usual beautiful standard. I got a call simply telling me their was no restaurant operational ... not that the hotel was in disarray.

• Medium

The hotel is currently undergoing major refurbishing in the ground floor reception and eatery I was not aware until after I had booked It was unsafe from a public liability, occupational health and safety perspective You had to squeeze around tradesman and around ladders with work being done all around you This hotel was also serving food within this environment. This is a health issue that needs to be addressed The hotel needs to be closed whilst this is done. Hotel staff were disinterested in issues raised and I was given a very poor room which I needed to change I have been here in the past and it was great. It was anything but on this occasion Hotel staff were dismissive when I raised issues speaking of feedback when it was safety and I will not return.

Rooms are nice and well decorated Venue is well situated and of a good size

• Medium

The signage to find the motel needs to be better, we drove around it 3 times before calling to find it. The iphone directions do not take you directly to the motel. :)

The bed and pillows were excellent.

• Large

The hotel can be tricky to get to and park at if you aren’t prepared to pay for valet. It would be nice if the price included breakfast.

The hotel and rooms are stunning. We were given a free upgrade and the room was spacious with gorgeous decor. They’ve really thought about all off the finer details to make your stay luxurious.

• Medium

The doona was a winter weight....in summer. We cooked and had to turn the air conditioning down really low.

The bed is really comfortable and the decor of the rooms and the hotel itself is terrific. The rooms are a little tight but comfortable. The staff were really good.

• Extra Large

I can't really fault anything ... if I had to front desk reception was a little inexperienced.

Extraordinary experience. Staff were extremely helpful and professional. The food at the restaurant is an unforgetable experience. While the presentation of the hotel is 5 star at no point was it pretentious.

• Large

The history of the hotel was interesting and the renovation was beautifully done. Staff very helpful, food lovely, in a great location. We will definitely stay again.

• Medium Suite

The only thing the hotel could consider is to lower the cost of parking a car, the quote of $40 per night was quite pricey, there is a car park within 2 mins walk that do great overnight deals for less than half this price.

An excellent boutique hotel close (walking distance) to the CBD of Brisbane, spacious rooms, very comfortable beds and the staff where extremely friendly and accommodating to all requests, will definitely return to this one!

• Large Suite

It was expensive.

I can’t complain about anything, service was good, rooms were good and got free coffee, so I was incredibly happy. Will be visiting again when I can afford it.

• Large

TV had only 2 free to air channels (of the QLD election). Asked for it to be fixed to no avail. View from a superior suite was of the concrete car park of the hotel next door.

All as expected and advertised. Nice staff. Lovely bathroom.

• Medium

Air con didn't seem to be working very well, and in the morning it was dripping from the vent. Assuming because heritage building - not very sound proof.

Very comfortable bed, great selection for mini bar, fluffy towels - all round comfortable stay.

• Medium

Nothing really. It's a little further out of town. There is no view.

Elegant establishment. Good service. Lovely to be upgraded to a bigger room. Restaurant lovely, too! Comfortable bed. Quality throughout.

• Large

The resturaunt experience wasn't quite what I was hoping. Loved the food and was expecting really high level of service. Took quite a while for entree to be served. Didn't have all the ingredients for the cocktail I ordered. Other than that the hotel was amazing with really friendly service.

Fantastic location and beautiful boutique hotel.

Elevator being serviced currently

Splendidly decorated. Many fine touches were there. Lovely feel to accommodation. My room was very quiet. Excellent service and 3 course meal in The Charleston Room. Reception excellent and taxis ordered from there arrived in perfect time.

• Medium

When I stay in Brisbane I always choose to stay at the New Inchcolm hotel and suites. It is decorated to such a high standard, the beds are the comfiest I have ever slept in for a hotel and the staff are fantastic. Central to everything. Best hotel by far

• Medium

Bathroom very small and cramped with no room to place toiletries. Very bad noise from lift which was eventually shut down for repair. Entry to hotel is unusual as need to walk through restaurant to get to reception. Unable to adjust airconditioner to allow heating of room.

Staff excellent and helpful. Moved us to a suite when there was a problem with lift causing very loud noise

• Large

All the extra little details and the quality of the new fit-out were beautiful and appreciated. It was very comfortable and the rooms were tasteful and so elegant that we didn’t want to leave. The boutique nature of the hotel made the experience far more personal and relaxing. Possibly my favourite place to stay.

• Large Suite

Parking off-street is a drag and we got fined by the council $96 as we parked on Saturday 6pm and left Sunday 1030 and failed to read the fine line!!!! The staff told us it’s not a problem to park on the weekend and we went by it & should have actually checked the sign!!

Great location, superb ambience, excellent professional and friendly staff, tasty food!

• Medium Suite

The most perfect stay we could have asked for! My partner and I celebrated our anniversary here and the staff made our night so special! We would highly recommend this place to everybody and anybody. We stayed in the most beautiful room, the bed was SO comfy and the bathroom with the bathtub was incredible! We will definitely be back for next year's anniversary and hopefully a stay or two before then also! :)

• Large

I would have liked to have stayed longer.

Staff were wonderful, very personal service. The restaurant was excellent! Fabulous hotel. I'd definitely stay again.

• Large

The beds are the most comfortable I have ever experienced at a hotel. The staff are all excellent and the team is small so you see familiar faces during your stay. The rooms are lovely and very tastefully decorated (I have stayed in the superior suite and the two bedroom suite). The location is amazing however taxis and über drivers are often confused about the location using their gps.

• I Loft

More choice with the Continential Breakfast! Arrival a bit of a concern when you arrive by Taxi with a lot of luggage, need to leave luggage to alert Front Desk of your arrival ( only minor problem)

Beds fabulous, love the Loft Suites, have stayed several times now and have booked the Loft Suites each time

• Medium

We parked out the front as parking onsite was quite expensive but ended up with a parking ticket. That was our own fault as we are not aware of the parking around the city.

Could not rate this place highly enough. Everything was perfect!

• Large

Rooms too warm .. can't adjust air con ... it's done centrally in house. Otherwise everything else perfect. Beds super comfy and beautiful linen.

• Medium

Lack of storage or shelving in the bathroom and ventilation in the room.

The history and character and style of the hotel. It's so unique and I felt like I had been transported back in time.

Leaving .......

The bed was amazing, the staff very efficient as well friendly. Nothing was an issue, we were very pleased from the moment we arrive to the moment we left. The building has amazing features, a small boutique hotel that brings comfort and modern features.

• Medium

Late night room service menu very basic. Some wonderful preprepared foods that heat beatifully could be provided. A delicious Coq au Vin, Beef Daube or hearty soup would work. I went hungry and ate the chocolate. A tiny night menu is easy with some thought.

Stylish and private club feel

everything was excellent

excellent very attentive staff, go t upgraded to a two bedroom suite no extra cost, food excellent very well the cost and the effort

• Large

A new and fresh, clean and fabulously appointed room with the charm of a past era. Wonderful, friendly service. Centrally located. Divine food in an intimate restaurant.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Large

This boutique hotel provided my partner and I with a wonderful getaway in Brisbane. While it's not in the city centre, it is only a 10 minute walk away. Parking is quite expensive at $40 (only valet parking is available). There are parking stations just down the road that could be used instead. The ambience and style of the hotel is just gorgeous. No detail has been forgotten or neglected. They have managed to combine old and new so well throughout the building. The lift is very cool. We stayed in a superior room and found it fairly roomy and we liked the design of the mini bar (with coffee machine) and the inclusion of the iPad mini was a modern touch. Extremely comfy bed. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and found that both the food and service were faultless. This is a very groovy and classy hotel that is a great alternative to traditional 5 star accommodation.

NA

The interior design. The convergence of new and old was perfectly curated.. the staff in particular, Kathleen were excellent and kind and attentive and friendly. They went above and beyond to exceed expectations, thank you!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Medium

I had a hard time changing the temp on the air con but that was probably my fault haha

The bed was super comfy and the staff were super lovely and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Medium

Beautiful and traditional looking, unique and very relaxing. Bed and pillows so comfortable. Coffee machine and new technology for easy order room service. Staff were lovely

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Medium

Nothing that I could see needed improvement or attention.

Everything was in fantastic condition, luxurious and tasteful. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. Location was perfect for getting around on foot and exploring Brisbane. Best bed and pillows that I have slept on in years.

• Medium

Fries ordered were cold and the aioli had been spilled all over the napkin when delivered to our room. Lift was out of order. Ipad in room was glitchy and impossible to order room service on. Light in maxi bar stayed on all night and the fridge was so noisy I had to use earplugs.

Beautiful spacious room in a truly boutique hotel. Good location. Good room service breakfast.

• Extra Large

Housekeepers didn't clean the room for one day during my 5-day stay. There were limited food in the complimentary breakfast buffet and the food was not replenished! Make sure you have complimentary breakfast as early as possible. Sofitel may be a better hotel to stay!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Large

Bathroom is very snug and although the shower is a very good large size, the compact layout of loo and sink would be tricky if you were chunky!

Great boutique hotel, love the unique lift and the staff. Our room was very nice indeed and we'll designed, the beds are really very comfortable. Rooms were quiet and well equipped with iron and ironing board( love that) and good hairdryer (relief) The hotel is compact and boutique in style. We had a really good dinner with friends in the small restaurant; they do a mean steak sandwich at lunch time! Breakfast was good too, such helpful smiley staff. Valet Parking is very useful.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Medium

The room was a little dusty, the TV was difficult to use and a little unreliable, the aircon didn't work particularly well.

Look of the room was fantastic, staff were pleasant and helpful, mini bar had lots of great unique stuff in it.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Large

Amazing staff... helpful and friendly! Cocktail staff also lovely with gorgeous cocktails! Love the style of the hotel too! Would definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Loved everything!!

First class hotel! Friendly staff!! Beautiful tasty food! Super comfortable bed!!! Can't wait to go back next time I'm in Brisbane!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Extra Large

Lack of storage space for clothes, breakfast buffet meagre, irritating to have to sign in to WiFi every day.

Nice small boutique hotel in a convenient location, friendly staff, large comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Large

Bar closed at 10pm Reception staff leaving desk unattended.

Well appointed room. Lovely combination of original features and decor with modern twists.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

What's not to like?

It was a first time visit and I was upgraded to a superior room. Everything in the room was lovely. The lighting, the large TV and the mini bar choices. The bed was a stand out, absolutely heavenly comfort. The bathroom was fabulous with huge walk in shower and soft white towels.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Large

We had an unfortunate issue with the Loft room's air conditioning. While we understood it was the peak of summer and how heat travels upwards, it was quite distressing and uncomfortable to first walk into a cool climate room only to get slapped with a heat wave when we climbed upstairs to the upper level of the Loft. The hotel staff attempted to assist by resetting the air conditioning system but that made very little difference to the overall room temperature. Otherwise, we still loved our short stay with The Inchcolm!

My husband and I checked in on New Year's Eve and got upgraded to the Loft room for free! Excellent way to end our year and to start 2017. We absolutely adored the hotel's new modern designs while still maintaining some of their old school charm like their antique elevator. The hotel was a short walk to Eagle Street Pier where we spent our New Year's watching fireworks by the Brisbane river.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Extra Large

The aIr conditioner didn't work so well on the upper level of the loft room, where the bed was located.

Great food & excellent coffee served at the restaurant

• Large

The toilet paper is hard No cloth in sink Parking is too expensive

The restaurant food is fantastic Room size Decor is amazing iPad is great and very user friendly and easily updated Room service menu is great

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Large

Breakfast was disappointing- by the time I got to the buffet there was little left and I had finished my breakfast before my husband received his omelette- we had to follow up twice

The staff were excellent in particular reception, bar staff and waitress. Also loved the decor of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Medium

Air conditioner wasn't working, room temperature above 30 degrees, only a small window, no ventilation. Extremely disappointing and uncomfortable. Staff knew air conditioner wasn't working on the floor and still put guests there and had the audacity to charge $309.

Browse Ovolo Inchcolm Brisbane traveller photo gallery