2. Australia hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Quest Brighton on the Bay

Reviews of Quest Brighton on the Bay 4.5 stars

250 Esplanade, Brighton, 3186 Melbourne, Australia

#307 of 821 Holiday rentals in Melbourne

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

Great short stay, very comfortable

everything was great

I'm glad you listened about not paying for parking, we have stayed a few times now and always enjoy the stay. The bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

• Studio Standard

I was surprised that there were no block out curtains just see through white curtains. With the sun rising early we had a 5am start instead of a sleep in

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Reception kept my drivers licence and failed to inform me...
    • Studio Standard

Reception kept my drivers licence and failed to inform me intil after I checked out the next day I had to oay for a cabbie to pick it up from the hitel to the location if my conference at mt cost The room was ni 3 located right out on the foyer with lots of noise at 1 am in the morning This room should be more noise insulated

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Nice location on the seafront. No bars or restaurants nearby.
    • Studio Apartment

Restaurants are quite a long walk away. There’s not really anything local other than the yacht club across the road. Shower was pathetic no power Informed reception but didn’t get fixed during our stay.

It’s on the seafront

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Our room was very neat and modern, and the bed was really...
    • Studio Apartment

The lighting was terrible for doing make up etc both in the bathroom and at the mirror in entrance of room. I ended up trying to use my phone light instead!

Our room was very neat and modern, and the bed was really comfy.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

• Studio Apartment

No room service on Sunday The receptionist wouldn't put a phone call through from my brother. Why???

Location Comfortable Taxi came quickly when receptionist called

Nice area near Brighton beach
    • Studio Standard

The bathroom, the shower head did not stay in place. Also the shower floor was sticky.

The location of the hotel. The clean room and modern decor. Easy parking

• Reviewed: 24 October 2018

We have stayed at Quest Brighton on the Bay many times,
    • Studio Apartment

Disappointed we didn’t get the balcony room that we had booked online. And the water pressure in the shower was the worst we had ever experienced at the Quest. We did notify the staff, they said they would pass on to maintenance.

Location is great close to beach, restaurants & shopping. Rooms usually suit our needs & staff are always friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The property was close to the bay/ beach.
    • Studio Apartment

The booking site showed the room we were booking had a balcony but it didn’t we had a view of the concrete wall the shower head wouldn’t stay up.

The property was close to the bay/ beach. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

A great location for easy access to beach and main shopping area.
    • Studio Apartment

The bathroom wall behind towel rail area having water marks on it, as if it hadn't been cleaned for a while, when multiple people use that area for towels. The car park area having so many ramps to just go down two floors under ground level. The company signs at Quest's car park area could be clearer to see from the distance.

Location, being so close to beach area. And devices available in the room (eg. Dish washer).

The location and modern bedrooms
    • Studio Apartment

That the room looked into another building and it felt very closed in. Internet accessed has a limited data allowance. The reception staff weren’t friendly or knowledgeable about the local area

The location and modern bedrooms

Comfortable rooms but staff may need more training in customer service. Key cards rarely work.
    • Studio Standard

Grumpy staff at check-in. Key cards didn't work and had to have them reset all the time. Arrived to the apartment after dinner for the carpark to be closed and key access denied which we then had to call and get another card sent down (paid $18 per day for parking and ended up having to park my car out on the street) Room was cleaned and when we returned the room had a thick distinct smell of cigarette smoke. Even our family who were travelling with us could smell it as soon as they walked into our room for non-smokers this is pretty disappointing

Location, room was a decent size.

It was great. Great location and friendly staff.
    • Studio Apartment

I felt the carpet could have been cleaner and I actually saw particles on it when I arrived.

Loved my stay. It was nice and quiet and the staff fantastic. The bed was comfy and there was plenty of pillows. The room was a good size and I liked the kitchenette.

disappointing
    • Studio Standard

We used to stay at the brighton savoy every time we came to brighton. we stayed once before at the quest and had quite a nice room, this time the room was very pokie and the bin hadn't been emptied. you couldn't swing a cat really and felt like we had been sent to bloody bourke to get to the room, when it seemed most of the others were empty. We booked a few weeks ago, but that obviously doesn't make much difference. Think we will probably head back to Savoy next time as the parking is free there too.

the location and the man at reception was friendly.

It was relaxing
    • Studio Standard

It would have been nice if the studio had a kitchenette. A microwave would have been good to heat up food we brought. The balcony didn't have a view since as the sides were taller than us. It was overpriced for just a bed and bathroom.

The bed was very comfortable and the shower was massive

Poor value for money
    • Studio Apartment

Provision for breakfast. Very poor value for money.

No breakfast available - venue no longer has a cafe, only an agreement with some cafe's in area, which do not open until 7am - very poor service when staying for business & need to leave by that hour.

I won’t be staying here again nor will I recommend.
    • Studio Standard

The underground car park was empty and I was told that I could park underneath for an extra $17 or park on the street for free. I chose to park on the street and had to park about 500 metres away. I thought that paying $179 for the night would include undercover parking. Very annoying. Then I was charged an upfront fee of $50 incase of breakages then was charged my $179 fee to stay the night. When I checked out, they couldn’t refund my $50 straight away, they told me it would take approx 10 working days before I got my $50 back. The room was small but nice enough, but when I opened the windows to see the view, all I saw was a huge brick wall about one metre away. That was very disappointing. The rim around the toilet was filthy. The cuttlery and crockery was dirty. When I arrived to check in, I had to wait 10 minutes for the receptionist to get off the phone.

It was convenient for the night.

Not vaule for money hotel saved money in not sevicing rooms
    • Studio Standard

The view was a concrete wall with locked windows The rooms are not serviced on the weekend or public holiday's not stated on website Rubbish left in hallways as no service done by staff No external street parking only paid available

The facilities were good and room was comfortable.
    • Studio Apartment Executive

That i didn't receive the room i paid for. Prior to booking i rang the property as they had two studio rooms listed. One standard studio and one studio executive. I wanted one with a balcony and the standard studio states only some rooms have balconies. They informed me that they did not have any standard studios with balconies available so i booked the executive studio which was more expensive but has a balcony. When i booked in to my room no balcony and was told by the receptionist that not all these rooms have balconies which is not what i was told on the phone and is not stated in the description on the site. They had no record of me ringing and making the enquiry prior to me making the booking. They were fully booked and could not offer me the room i booked and paid for. No refund in difference was given or any compensation.

The room was clean and comfortable

Great place to stay
    • Studio Apartment Executive

Room could have a few more lights

Large, clean room. Beds very comfortable. Great location for walks and meals. Gerry was welcoming at check in and helpful as we are not from Vic.

Really bad, expensive and second hand smoke was unbearable.
    • Studio Standard

The room was small with no cooking facilities, we got smoked out most days, even though it is a non smoking room we really battled with second hand smoke and noise. The fire alarm went off st 1.30 in the morning from smoke coming from someone’s balcony.

Not s good place to stay very expensive for what we got.

Loved staying there, but we requested single beds, and had...
    • Studio Apartment

Loved staying there, but we requested single beds, and had to sleep in a queen bed with my daughter. As they didn't read our booking properly.. and didn't offer any solution

Good location Poor service at reception
    • Studio Standard

Reception ignored request for earlier check in was told to go and have a coffee and they would ring when room was ready. No phone call and I had to ring to check. Fire alarm went off twice but had to ring reception to find out what was happening.

Comfortable bed.Large hot shower.Across the road from Brighton Sailing Club with great meals

Distruption on what should have been memorable
    • Studio Apartment

I have spoken to the Staff about the noisy people who own the "Penthouse Suite" and the fact I only waited till I knew it was safe for me to leave as I had had a couple of drinks at the Wedding Reception, or I would have left earlier. As it was the party was still going at 3:30 when I called the Night Manager who can verify what took place.

The facilities I thought were excellent and good value for money

Not as my thought and expectation.
    • Studio Apartment

I reached on 24 afternoon, they give us the disable room, as the staff said they are fully book, the toliet is not convience for us. No proper space to put out stuff, only trash on the floor , the shower space no door & curtain ,may be it’s really for disable traveller , but really not for us ,when we see the images from booking.com, it mention have bancony , but our room don’t have , and no any sea view / garden view , it the entrance of the hotel view, we cannot open the curtain as it’s the ground floor and everyone will see. I ask to change room, but they said it’s fully book , and as I didn’t mention I need balcony from my request, as if the booking term mention have balcony , hoe come I need to special request ! So odd !! Also the location is not as good , to the rainbow house is 10-15mins far away , also the train station , if you buy many stuff from downtown , it’s a bit far if you don’t have car !

May be the bed and pillow, if the single bed can a bit wider !

Not a good experience for the money paid
    • Studio Standard

There wasn't any bottled water even though it said enjoy your first bottle free The internet dropped out and couldn't be used. Beeping all night from something which kept me awake . Not a good experience for the money paid

Very clean nice room and balcony

Nice
    • Studio Apartment

Small thing but the window was locked shut until I asked the receptionist to open it for some fresh air

Good location, beautiful bay walk . Great staff

Lovely retreat close to the beach!
    • Studio Standard

The room was a lovely retreat! All of the finishing touches at the suite were great with your own private secluded balcony. Had a great loft feel to it! Thank you!

average
    • Studio Apartment

Tap water from sink was disgusting. The colour was a dark brown when I mentioned this at the checkout the receptionist barely blinked an eyelid even when i had mentioned i had accidently been drinking the water all night and could get sick. Only one free bottle of water on arrival at bedside. Balcony had no view just a concrete wall unlike the photo advertised. Balcony dividers not very private.

Modern close to Brighton attractions.

Nice hotel and great location but the staff were not friendly . I would not stay here again
    • Studio Apartment Executive

I had to ask twice for our room to be cleaned. We only recieved clean towels not clean sheets which was extremely frustrating. Apparently this hotel only change sheets after 2 nights not each night. We ended up using the guest washroom and washed our our sheets. We were woken up on our last morning by a fire alarm, no communication from reception if it was a emergency or just a tester. Another guest set off the alarm by accident but reception didn't bother to notify all guests.

The room was a great size and good location.

Ok
    • Studio Apartment Executive

Alarm went off. According to longer stating residents it is a regular occurrence. Though weren’t delayed from sleep too long, as fire department dealt with issue quickly.

Convenient for our needs

Nice property. Have to pay quite a bit to park which is a bummer
    • Studio Apartment Executive

booked this to go to a party. powerpoint in bathroom didnt work which made getting ready difficult. Room was too hot and stuffy

Spacious room, clean amd modern

Horrible
    • Studio Standard

Fire alarm went off - stood outside for 1 hour.. Room tiny .. bathroom smallest l have ever seen !! Shower leaked water everywhere over bathroom .. shower door broken

very nice great location
    • Studio Standard

I booked through booking.com and the price shown on the booking was $135 -when I paid it was $174 - luckily the hotel staff reduced the price to $159 (the booking.com commission) they were very helpful

The room was a loft room. Climbing the stairs was different but opened up to very nice room. Bed was very comfortable and the flat screen TV great. Air-conditioning was quiet. Very nice room. I would stay again. It had a nice little private balcony which was also good

Unfortunately whilst the room is non smoking, smoking is...
    • Studio Apartment

Unfortunately whilst the room is non smoking, smoking is encouraged on the balcony with an ashtray left on the table. The room had obviously been used by smokers who had left the door open to the balcony when smoking. No point having a non smoking room really with doors wide open to a balcony as the room absolutely stank of cigarette smoke

A bit out-of-the-way for public transport, but otherwise, a little gem in a wonderful location!
    • Studio Standard

From time to time at night, there was a low whirring noise coming from.... where? It sounded like an aircon unit switching on, then off several minutes later. I commented on check-out and the nice lady on reception said it may have been the pump on the spa attached to one of the penthouses, but shouldn't have been audible from my room. I guess it was so obvious because otherwise it was SO quiet and peaceful!

I was rewarded for the climb up the stairs (as soon as I opened the door to my room) with such a tidy and welcoming room. Everything was spot-on! Simple but more than adequate..... lovely shower, a tv that worked without a million buttons.... great! Absolutely lovely area as well!

Great location comfortable
    • Studio Apartment

Wasnt told about the car parking charge of $17.50 at time of booking. Also no light near entrance of car parking to see where to enter card. I mentioned this and was told to use my phone light. A bit poor!!!!

Living four hours from Melbourne it was important to stay...
    • Studio Apartment

Living four hours from Melbourne it was important to stay close to Cabrini Hospital as Husband had an operation. Staff extremely helpful in extending our stay, housekeeping room before his arrival from hospital so he could rest/sleep all day. The room kitchen facilities made it easier as was able to eat etc when needed.

Somewhat disappointing
    • Studio Apartment

Reception was closed when I tried to check out at 7:30 am. I emailed the property to finalise my account; I have not received a reply. An amount has been debited to my credit card but I have not received and receipt or account of the charge made.

Disgusting and appauling
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything wrong room still paid 1 bedroom apartment price for studio in our 6 day stay moved us to a different room 3 times and each time the room got smaller and smaller

Good choice for couples
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Kitchenette was tiny and plates, bowls and things kept high up in cupboard making it difficult to use. Not so practical for families but it did have everything we needed.

Quest always have good quality rooms and this hotel was no exception. Good quality furniture and nicely set out. Very short walk down to foreshore then about 15 minutes walk down to famous bathing boxes. Lovely location and very quiet at night.

The Quest near Brighton Beach on Busy Road with No Restaurant
    • Studio Apartment

The photos advertising the Quest show the Sailing Club which makes you think the is the Quest. Its on a very busy road that they don't tell you about. The Quest has permanent residents who are all up themselves. Also the Baths Restaurant was over priced and bad quality. Get fish and chips instead at the kiosk or fish shop.

The studio room was just the right size and had a kitchenette. The Quest was near the Brighton Beach

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Clean & modern
    • Studio Apartment

As I was a disable bathroom, lack of shelf space for toiletries was difficult.

Beautiful room to walk into. I have stayed here before and enjoy the clean modern atmosphere. The kitchenette is functional. I was given the disabled room maybe due to it being the last room available and I required twin beds which is probably why it was so spacious. It's good to know that I can bring my elderly mother down to Melbourne and she will be catered for.

Nice location but not a 2 bedroom unit as expected.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not really a 2 bedroom unit. 2 interleaving rooms. Thus no seperate kitchen or lounge area. All forms part of the bedroom. Noisy downstairs with other guests coming and leaving. Ongoing issues with key card was frustrating.

Location to beach and tracks were lovely. Close to church street with movies and Coles and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Studio Apartment Executive

Smell..I think people have smoked out on the balcony but with the door open...the room smelt like a smoking room

Location was excellent..mostly loved how comfortable the bed was

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Overall an enjoyable stay, but..
    • Studio Apartment

The shower was more like a trickle- you had to run around to get wet! Phone didn't work so had to call reception on mobile and TV only had free to air stations. No room service but there was a list of local eateries that delivered to your door.

Great location near the beach and close to shops/cafe's. The rooms were nice and quiet and the bed was lovely and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Spacious room and living quarters with practical kitchenette...
    • Studio Apartment

A minimal and some nibbles would have been nice.

Spacious room and living quarters with practical kitchenette area. Very comfortable bed, good sized shower and toilet area.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Clean and beautiful location
    • Studio Apartment

We had to find a new place for our date night as everything was full in the city because of the AO. This was a great choice as we went for dinner across the road at Middle Brighton Baths. The room was simple and scrupulously clean. The reception lady very helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

6.0
    That it had a the amenities that u would expect
    • Superior Room

Our door was not locked when we came back on the second day of our stay. Unacceptable!! There was a long black hair in the shower( not ours!) and a mouldy drink container in the fridge (gross)

That it had a the amenities that u would expect

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

I have to say, their staff at counter is very nice.
    • Superior Room

I booked a supreme room for 3 days, but it is a little bit disappointing when I first walked in. You couldn't see anything outside through the window. And their cleaner didn't change our bed sheet for 3 nights, which gave us the most uncomfortable experience in the hotel.

I have to say, their staff at counter is very nice. The hotel is along the beach which is just 5min walking distance.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Room size
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room size

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Good value

Good value

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

In general a good convenient stay
    • Studio Apartment

The height of kitchen cupboards A chair needed for an average height woman to access them

Having a kitchenette

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

perfect
    • Studio Apartment Executive

The friendly staff and they were very accommodating

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

Walking distance to the beach

Walking distance to the beach

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

I like to be around to the beach and people are owesome..
    • Studio Standard

Everything are providing in good..

I like the view to the beach and the staff are helpful my needs good communication..

good value
    • Studio Standard

The bathroom is a bit congested. found it very hard to use the vanity

Nice location

Nice location

• Reviewed: 28 October 2018

Good size room.
    • Studio Apartment

Good size room. Coffee machine in foyer Friendly staff Great location opposite beach Value for money

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Kind and great staff, amazing location!
    • Studio Apartment

Kind and great staff, amazing location! Room was a great size, very comfortable stay. Will certainly stay there again

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Quiet, good location near the beach.
    • Studio Standard

Breakfast offer is limited.

Quiet, good location near the beach. Clean and tidy rooms.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Enjoyed my staff
    • Studio Standard

Great location, will have to return in good weather to take advantage of the coastal walks

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Great location!

Great location!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

• Studio Standard

Not too clean and the steps up to the room were steep especially when carrying luggage

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Location!

No off street parking

Location!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Overall ok, but expensive & not quite as advertised
    • Studio Apartment

Expensive , not quite as advertised - ie restaurant no longer on premises, room not as described

Comfortable bed, clean apartment

Easy parking
    • Studio Standard

Cave like room with little air, mattress faulty.

Easy parking

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The room layout and the bed comfort is great kitchen...
    • Studio Standard

No Netflix which seems crazy for a star rated property like this

The room layout and the bed comfort is great kitchen facilities very good

Quite lovely hotel, central location and lovely area.
    • Studio Standard

Shower pressure was not strong enough. Noise levels of guests next door going up and down their stairs was quite intrusive.

Bed was amazing.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great location and great sized room.
    • Studio Apartment

Great location and great sized room. The shower was simply amazing, could not believe how large it was

Flat batteries in TV remote and air conditioner

Flat batteries in TV remote and air conditioner

Fantastic place to enjoy some space!

Some balcony’s had zero View

Awesome location right near church street Brighton n hop skip n a jump away from

Good
    • Studio Standard

Close to all amenities a the beach.

Very handy for Royal Brighton Yacht Club, with ample undercover parking
    • Studio Standard

Poor selection of channels on the TV

The room was quiet and the bed large and comfortable. Plenty of towels

Location close to the beach and Church St shopping and...
    • Studio Apartment

Location close to the beach and Church St shopping and dining. Comfortable quiet room with good facilities and easy parking.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!