Reviews of RACV Goldfields Resort 4.5 stars

1500 Midland Highway, 3363 Creswick, Australia

#3 of 7 hotels in Creswick

The view from our room across the golf course was absolutely...
    • Premium Fairway Suite

The view from our room across the golf course was absolutely beautiful! Our room (Fairway Suite) was amazing, and with an added rollaway bed, ideal for our family of three. The gas fireplace in our room was fabulous- it was double-sided and faced both bedroom and sitting room. It was fabulous, and we'll definitely stay again.

Not sure if we would stay again at any of racv resorts again
    • Resort Room

No garlic butter or pepper sauce, not consistent with condiments first night was left hot chocolate sachet didn't get replacements other two nights, maintenance man lectured me about my child's safety near pool and I had to be outside at poolside watching her not behind glass at table and chair looking out.next night sat outside next night while my child swam for 40minutes in weather that was 2 degrees frozen as I thought I better follow racv rules.spoke to reception on checkout about this and they said I didn't have to sit outside.Not happy room 324

Main bed and large pillows so comfy

Excellent quality.
    • Resort Room

Downstairs game room for kids was super to have ie a room dedicated to indoor games for kids (table tennis, air hockey, fußball etc) however it would have been good for this room to have been set up properly and to have a better feel. These games were just ‘put’ in there. No proper set up. Could have transformed the room with a bit of consideration and thought to really make it appealing, especially givennit was school hols so many kids were about.

Excellent quality. Great bedrooms. Modern and clean. Sofa bed made up in advance for my child. Kids game room near the lounge area meant I could relax there and still have kids close by to ensure all was good.

They overcharged us for our accommodation.
    • Resort Room

They overcharged us for our accommodation. Yes they rectified it( but took 4 days for $189 to be credited back to my account) which if I needed that money for my stay wouldn't have been that great a stay then.

Fantastic mini-break with the kids.
    • Resort Room

The waitressing staff were ok, but not super friendly. Didn’t affect our stay though.

Fantastic mini-break with the kids. Great facilities, value for money and a wonderful Wild Life show free of charge. Given the somewhat terrible weather around Ballarat, this resort provides plenty of rainy day options. We all really enjoyed our stay.

Enjoyable
    • Resort Room

More signposted walk trails.

We go there often to chill out. I enjoy doing the walks and was glad to see a "Kangaroo Trail" signposted throughout the walk. Previous times I got lost and guessed my way around. More signposted walks would be great. I love their dinner menu, especially in winter. The slow cooked beef cheek was mouth watering.

We had an amazing #sisterhood weekend here...Top Class!😍

Nothing...we had a Fabulous time!!👍😂

We are 3 sisters who have a weekend away once a year! We call it our #sisterhood weekend!! We also ate dinner at the Hotel restaurant which was just as amazing as our accomodation 💕

A beautiful, modern hotel with great staff, lovely food and a delightful location.

Can't think of anything.

The staff are always extremely friendly, particularly in the restaurant and lounge. The rooms are extremely comfortable and quiet, and the hotel is in a lovely part of the world. What's not to love?

An indulgent weekend getaway promising value, comfort and great service.
    • Resort Room

Pre-dinner drinks at the bar: sparkling white was served a little too lean; a definite 'glass half empty' I'm afraid.

Friendly courteous Duty Manager greeted us on arrival and promptly notified us of bookiing.com's $99 overcharge which would be (and was) credited to our checkout bill. The resort is well appointed, well kept and clean. These are the big drawcards for me. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and recommend the resort to others.

Home away from home
    • Resort Room

The parking its on 3 levels and its a steep walk up to reception however if you ask at reception they will park your car.

I liked the facilities. The hotel is very comfortable and easy to stay in.

Great hotel for families
    • Resort Room

The pillow weren't the best and the linen was a little scratchy.

We were traveling with our 8 year old daughter. The hotel called us a few days before to confirm bedding arrangements and the sofa bed was made up for my daughter. The buffet breakfast was great too.

Good service, comfortable accommodation, pleasant surrounds and quiet.
    • Resort Room

would have been nice to overlook the golf course and not the car park.

Very comfortable bed and ample space in our room. good selection for dinner which included vegan and gluten free.

Staffs are very friendly and helpful.

Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Megan helped me from the start to the end of our stay. Thanks to Tarryn who’s done everything to assist me with all my non stop request. Thank you Amanda, Gretchen & Alison. You’re all so amazing. Excellent customer service experience.

Overall the stay was great and facilities were wonderful for the family to reconnect.
    • Resort Room

Breakfast was not great, bacon was over cooked, sausages were under cooked. Pastries were soft. Fruit did not seem fresh. Bar menu was limited yet quality was missing. Probably time to hire or retrain kitchen staff.

Staff very friendly

Will be back again for sure
    • 1 Bedroom Studio

If I had to pick one thing it would only be the Parking - uneven ground/ on hill. Not good with many bags , small kids and bad knees !!

Everything. !!!

Perfectly comfortable for a short stay.
    • Premium Fairway Room

The place is abit old school. Could do with some updating, needs more plugs in the bedroom for chargers etc. The breakfast room was abit daggy, needs colour and updating.

The room was huge and the bed was very comfortable.

Best getaway ever!
    • Resort Room

Shower was unforgivable - the door opened on the wrong side to allow avoiding the water guzzling shower head while setting temperature. I prefer to book direct but it was cheaper to go through online booking company, Despite our booking on the day of stay the price discount was low

We were exhausted after caring for aged relatives with Alzheimers/ dementure and were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The room service (+ extra chair) was wonderful, the bed was most supportive & comfortable as I have back issues. Peaceful bliss - there was none of the usual lift, shower and drain gurgling sounds! Being able to use the cafe, bicycle track and pool & spa (perfect temperature) facilities following checkout made our last-minute overnight break really special

Amazing can’t wait to go back already!
    • Resort Room

For our short stay there was nothing I didn’t like.

Amazing deal that included breakfast, it was delicious! Which offers variety for everybody, the rooms are set out so well with a balcony to each room to allow fresh air in, the room service was quick and the food once again was amazing the best Parma I’ve ever had! This hotel literally has everything you need comfy beds, spa baths in your rooms and with how busy the hotel was its just so peaceful. Can’t wait to go back.

Amazing and relaxing
    • Resort Room

We did find some hair in the bed however it was fixed by swapping rooms to another room

Everything!!!!! Staff were fantastic, the spa treatments were so indulgent, we had the escape package 3.5 hours of pure bliss, meals in both restaurants were delicious

Very enjoyable and relaxing

I couldn't fault anything

The size of our room was amazing and the view over golf course very pleasing. Dinner in bistro very good as was breakfast. Staff very friendly and very obliging all making for a very enjoyable stay

Relaxing Weekend Getaway
    • Resort Room

RACV Goldfields resort met all of my needs for a short getaway. I relaxed using the facilities whilst my partner played golf. The resort is kept clean and the staff are lovely and accommodating. I look forward to returning again soon.

Nice facilities but no air conditioning turns it from a 8/10 to a 3/10 unacceptable ! Hey
    • Resort Room

No individual room climate control . Unacceptable for a guest not to be able to set the rooms climate control to their proffered settings. Room to hot, a no way of controlling comfort levels. No hotel should be so cheap. Even third world hotels offer this feature ! What the hell are they thinking ? 3/10 racv creswick

Nice accommodation rooms , good facilities

EXCELLENT - CLEAN - QUIET - GOOD FOOD - GREAT BREAKFAST - FRIENDLY EFFICIENT STAFF.
    • Resort Room

Shower was a bit small for my husband '' he's a big boy ''

Our visit was overnight - very comfortable bed - I liked the cleanliness - we ate in the Bistro bar & the food was very good... We had a wonderful breakfast that was included in the room rate... We were surprised at the quietness of the hotel.

Was very nice
    • 1 Bedroom Studio

We book on bookings.com and got RIPPED off! My sister booked an identical room by ringing the resort direct and payed $80 per night less... YES, $80 LESS.. Me and my partner were absolutely disgusted.

Excellent room size, very clean and comfortable bed. Friendly staff.

Had a really lovely time.
    • Resort Room

More signage for the bike track. We didn’t even see the start and ended up missing it until the end. The inroom food was excessively expensive and not matched in taste. A bigger pool would make the resort a real resort feel.

Things to do like go for a bush walk and listen to all the sounds. Bike ride, pool, tennis or even ride around in a gold cart. Staff was very friendly and had a welcoming gift on arrival. It would also be a nice add to have a section on the tv with things to do at the resort.

Rooms are large, lots to do, had a great time!
    • Premium Fairway Room

Restaurant location was in an odd location - downstairs, it didn't take advantage of views and had a walkway with swimmers coming and going from pool going through it, with very bright lighting so they was no atmosphere, and wasn't exactly visually inviting. Food was very nice though. We had the 3 course special, which was great value and very tasty.

Rooms are excellent, very spacious with a great view over the golf course. Facilities were good with plenty to do around the resort. We enjoyed playing tennis and swimming, although for a hotel that size pool was on smaller side. My daughter loved the kids rooms which was conveniently located next to bar/terrace area.

Forest Stay
    • Resort Room

It was very busy with families and kids so very busy and noisy. No conceive or help with baggage. Car park is very steep and you needed to park miles away.

It was very pleasant
    • Resort Room

Although I am an RACV member and the friend who stayed with me is also an RACV member we were told that the discount did not apply due to us booking on line - there was never any mention on line that we would miss out on our discount if we booked in this way

It was very pleasant.

We had a sofa bed that was not just ready when we got in the...
    • Resort Room

The tub has dirt in it. So my daughter had to clean it before jumping into it.

We had a sofa bed that was not just ready when we got in the hotel. When the staff came to our to have it set up, my daughter and I were sleeping. They were happy to come sometime later to have it set up. We did not have it set up as the bed were big enough for us three.

My children really enjoyed their stay and wanted to stay longer.
    • Premium Fairway Room

An opening with shutters divided the ensuite bathroom from the sleeping area. Even though we kept it tightly closed, This caused disturbance to the rest of the family when the bathroom was used at night as the bathroom lights would shine through to those sleeping and it was not as noise proof as what a wall would have been.

Room was clean and quite spacious with a spa bath. An exellent buffet breakfast with lots to choose from.

Would like to stay in the same room again if available.
    • Resort Room

Initially we were given the room on ground floor with the parking view but then I upgraded to a better room which was 10 times better view.

The view of golf course from extra huge balcony.

Relaxing, warm and friendly.
    • Resort Room

The staff were friendly and helpful. They dealt quickly and efficiently with a problem with our booking caused by an airport delay. The rooms are spacious and clean with great views. The views of the fairways are patriculary pleasing. The breakfast was well organised and gave a lot of choice.

check in was quick and efficient no fuss and staff at check...
    • Resort Room

check in was quick and efficient no fuss and staff at check in were very informative. very clean room and comfortable. room service excellent and efficient.meals overall were up to standard for this hotel.

Fantastic facilities for what we needed - a two night stay with 2 children aged 12 and 15.
    • Premium Fairway Room

I would have liked another choice of pillow. A couple of plates/bowls and cutlery would have been well used in the room

Very comfy bed. Great brekky for the whole family. Facilities for teenage kids were fantastic

Great night away
    • Two-Bedroom Family Room

My children were so excited about their first hotel stay and the staff were lovely. Room service was delicious and accomodation for the five of us was comfy and spacious.

Had dinner there on one night and it was lovely thank you...
    • Resort Room

nothing as it was value for money.

Had dinner there on one night and it was lovely thank you and breakfast was good with a large range of options .It catered for families something I liked and kids were occupied while adults had dinner.

One of my favourite get-aways!
    • Resort Room

This was my second stay at RACV Goldfields Resort and it was just as comfortable and enjoyable as the first. The staff are uniformly friendly, and something very special is going on in the restaurant!

Okay
    • Resort Room

Wii not available in the children's play area and very little effort from staff to try and work out the problem. Kids pizza was terrible for $12 and the bowl of chips for $9 and the chips tasted stale, but I returned them and asked for a fresh lot and they came back the same.

Room and facilities were nice

Perfect, friendly staff that go the extra mile to make you happy.
    • Resort Room

Loved the little birthday card and wine that the resort left out for my partner and I! Would love to say a massive massive thank you for going the extra mile! Staff were amazingly accommodating and friendly and the room was clean and spacious! Will 100% be visiting again!

Great family break without having to like Golf.
    • 1 Bedroom Studio

Possibly offer a late checkout

The room had two balconies and the pool/spa area was lovely. Day spa was enjoyable and restaurant served great food.

Nice getaway for one or two day. Daylesford is quite close too.
    • Resort Room

Chicken parma at Spring Bar is very average for $25. The chicken tacos though are nice for $14. Breakfast is very average too.

The room has large bed - king size. staff is very kid friendly.

Crap
    • Resort Room

Was ridiculous noise from room bext door till 2am in the morning reported to reception but still the niose contiued untill 3:30am. And even in the morning no apologies from staff it was so rude and ruined a night sleep.

Shower

Enjoyable and relaxed
    • Resort Room

The buffet breakfast was good, but very over priced. No dvd player and the cost of movie hire via Foxtel was almost extortionate!

All staff were friendly and more than happy to help. No request was too small.

Changed room as bath was too small and extra $40 was worth...

Having to leave.

Changed room as bath was too small and extra $40 was worth it beautiful fairway suite. Spa service was exemplary. And for fun driving the golf buggy for 2hrs is worth your time saw wild life and views

Amazing thank you!
    • Resort Room

Coffee & Tea was often forgotten to be Topped up! Had to ask for sheets for the fold out bed Had to ask for extra towel All items arrived very quickly however.

This place was fantastic. Arrived with ample parking at the door. Greeted with very lovely staff. The room was very clean and roomy. Excellent fold out large couch for our 6 year old. The pool and spa was used greatly by us - clean ad conveniently located and always open. The casual dinning was great - nice food and reasonably priced. My 6 yr old loved the play room. Location was great - quiet, out of the hussel but only 20 mins to everything. Loved that. We wished we had spent longer. Thank you for an amazing stay

Will definitely come back!
    • Resort Room

The open area for car park is great but not on a wet day.

I like how my room is given at level one where traveling with kids, gaining instant assess to the play areas is vital. The breakfast buffet selection was great, more than just ordinary esp the pancakes!

Comfortable but not outstanding
    • Resort Room

parking was well away from the entrance and in the open. There was no reserved parking allocated. Shower was very small. No food or snacks in the room. Breakfast was only average and no espresso coffee. Initial reception not welcoming.

General cleanliness was good. Good heating

Lovely place to stay.
    • Resort Room

Lovely place to stay. Very modern and very good value for money. Staff were attentive and everything was lovely and clean. The baths all had jets so made for a lovely relaxing stay.

GOLD IN THE CRESWICK HILLS!!!!
    • Resort Room

The bar did closer a bit early for a Friday night. Got back after dinner looking for a nightcap but no luck!!😰😰😰

Very friendly booking staff. Hearty breakfast Clean and well equipped room

Staff were friendly, fireplace in room was nice.
    • Premium Fairway Suite

Room cleanliness, specifically shower and glasses/cutlery. Restaurant food wasn't too great.

Staff were friendly, fireplace in room was nice. Day spa was relaxing and the spa staff were able to accomodate our last minute booking beyond opening hours

the food in the restaurant on ground floor was amazing and...
    • Resort Room

not many choices for lunch, would be better to have the spa in a more closed off area as it was freezing outdoor which effected the temperature of the spa and enjoyability

the food in the restaurant on ground floor was amazing and the waiter was really nice and cute. catered for allergies well. room service was delivered really quickly

Great family getaway spot

The 'informal' Dining bistro was overpriced for fairly average food

Buffet breakfast was awesome. Room was comfy and loved the L'occitane bath products.

Great family getaway
    • Premium Fairway Room

I asked for a double and two singles but was given two doubles. My 7 year olds squabbled in the bed about being on each other's side for 2 hours. This was a big mood killer.

The scenic buggy ride is great with kids. We spotted 11 kangaroos.

Buffet breakfast had pancake machine and espresso machine.
    • Resort Room

Spa Bath wasnt very clean, staff didnt give very good orientation at check in

Buffet breakfast had pancake machine and espresso machine. Room was very comfortable and nicely decorated.

Overall not a bad stay
    • Resort Room

Very new hotel and the room was fairly clean. The only down point was some sort of noise from the building service piping or ventilation system that bothers me from sleepig.

I will be coming back again next year.
    • Two-Bedroom Family Room

Limited choice in wine and some menu items pricey. Under the beds need a vacuum.

Room service was handy for the kids. Beautiful meals, however some arrived a little on the cold side & my wine order was incorrect. Comfortable beds, great facilities, loved the gas log fire.

Treasure on the Goldfields
    • Resort Room

I liked everything! I suppose I was a bit surprised that there was no bathrobe in the room, but I'll know that for next time; not much of a complaint really!

Excellent restaurant for both breakfast and dinner; beautiful food and really friendly, helpful staff. The room was beautifully turned out when I arrived and extremely comfortable for the entire stay. I would happily stay here again, hopefully for longer next time; so much to explore in this area.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

goldfields stay
    • Resort Room

staff at breakfast were wonderful, bright, friendly & helpful staff at spring bar lacked enthusiasm, friendliness, & could learn a few things about service from the breakfast team

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The stay was good, enjoyed the comfort of the hotel and facilities staff was very friendly.
    • Resort Room

The floor tiles had black dirt marks in between them. They could do with a scrub. Dutsy corners, litter under the bed (was looking for something). There was hair in the shower and bath stopper had brown slimy stuff on it. The rooms were clean on surface but need more detailed cleaning. Would have liked to have a free tv channel for kids cartoons.

I liked the breakfast and spa. Th staff were quite friendly. The hotel was accommodating for families with kids like us.

Lots of promises unfulfilled.
    • Resort Room

Parking is appalling - it's a long walk in the rain. In-room dining was marred by the delivery of cold, uncovered food. The plate should have been covered - to minimise heat loss and protect against germs. The plate should have been heated - the meal had quite a distance to travel from the kitchen to my room. Cold uncovered food is unacceptable. On departure it was raining heavily. I asked if there was a shuttle service to take me to my car - 700m away from the front door. An abrupt "No" was the response. I asked the front desk person "So you expect your guests to get drenched walking to their car?" Pointing to a bin full of umbrellas, the receptionist grunted, "Take an umbrella".Nothing was said about its return, so it never was. It's an aged facility with cheap fittings and finished in imitation teak - 70's style. At $350 for the night in a dog box, you'd get better value in a 60's plywood caravan. I trusted the RACV, but was severely let down. No return visit from me. (Space precludes a raft of other issues. e.g. no microwave. a mini fridge with no drinks in it. (You don't need a fridge for UHT milk.) Fully air conditioned so why on earth have an electric panel heater screwed to the wall? And lop-sided at that.)

Pillows - the best I've experienced.

Would stay again, wouldn't book through bookings.com
    • Premium Fairway Suite

Would have liked a discount or voucher to use as we were so hot in our room with my newborn and toddler as the air conditioner wasn't working. Had to open balcony door with the wind blowing in on a colicky baby

The food was delicious, clean, great views, professional staff

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Great place to stay but guests have no respect for the disabled
    • Resort Room

My husband is disabled and after being told we could not park in any disabled car spaces 3/4 we saw cars parked without an authorised disabled sign in fact the only people we saw who were in fact disabled were the only ones with the sign displayed. This should be policed properly by the hotel as there seems to be little respect for these spaces and the hotel really needs to be on top of it. My husband does not complain as he is use to others ignoring this but he struggled walking up the incline from the bottom car park

We have been before and the quality of food is a lot better since the RACV took over operations Staff in the main friendly particularly the bar staff who could not do enough for us

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

I love the breakfast buffet.
    • Resort Room

I didn't like the location of my room. It would be better if you do not see the car park and the front of the hotel When you open the window.

I love the breakfast buffet... especially the pancake maker... it was fun.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

A great escape
    • Resort Room

I know it was a Saturday night and there was a wedding in the function area but as we returned from the White Knight festival in Ballarat we had to park in the lowest carpark. We have disabled parking and found it rather difficult to walk up the hill to the main entrance. There are only four car parking spaces on the main level.

The warm welcome

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Room was spacious, bed was comfy and air con was effective.
    • Resort Room

Main car parking spaces were a steep walk from hotel entrance - but a good cardio workout! Toilet brush was noticeably absent.

Room was spacious, bed was comfy and air con was effective. Free guest wifi access with no required login was a plus. Buffet breakfast had a good variety of hot & cold options.

A nice relaxing stay and a pity we can't get more specialy priced stays in the future.
    • Resort Room

being deaf, I wasn't able to use the TV much as I couldn't get the captions up. No facility on the remote to do this and lip reading is not too good with certain shows. Next time I will bring my own amplifier loop facility.

the breakfast was great and nice and relaxed.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

The comfort and great service.
    • Resort Room

Noise level from the room next door filtering through the interconnecting door. As a result could not sleep after 6:00am on a Sunday morning.

The comfort and great service.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Staff were lovely.
    • Premium Fairway Room

Pool is a little small. But sufficient when not too busy. Spa bath is smaller than it appears in the photos, but was still great!

Staff were lovely. Peaceful feel at the hotel. Spa bath is an excellent feature to have. Food at the restaurant was good.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

A relaxing holiday with lots of fun and food
    • Resort Room

Would love a bigger swimming pool. A microwave in the rooms.

Excellent breakfast with a big spread. Indoor games our daughter enjoyed table tennis fooz ball spa swimming pool good location with surrounding attractions at Daylesford Trentham falls. Good food at the hotel restaurants.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Very nice hotel, good facilities, good food, most of all excellent service.
    • Premium Fairway Room

Can't use the golf cart. My kids was disappointed.

We like everything, spa, swimming pool, service, food, beds so comfy and the room is spacious. We love the spa in the room.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

A beautiful relaxing place.
    • Resort Room

smoke alarm going off at 1am Door locks clunking after that for 2 hours.Managements lack of concern about this incident left a lot to be desired .not to mention the fright we got to be woken suddenly at that hour.The only down side to our stay.

the staff were happy careing people

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

A lovely relaxing place to visit.
    • Premium Fairway Room

Maybe if you had Diet Coke in cafe/Bar as we have a family member who drinks this and can't drink Pepsi Max. Otherwise it was all great.

The room was very large and view was beautiful as well as very comfy beds. It was als very quiet. Perfect.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Family friendly and affordable A1 stay
    • Resort Room

Feather pillows fairly uncomfortable, my husband felt the bed was a bit hard too.

Professional, friendly staff. From front desk to cleaners. Some places purport to be family friendly, but RACV Goldfields genuinely was. Very affordable 3 nights away. We will definitely be repeat customers and have being telling everyone.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Very nice accom but needs a bit polish
    • 1 Bedroom Studio

Reception staff could be more friendly and understanding Spa Bath in bathroom was left dirty after our first days use Pool always looked cloudy and unclean

Breaky was nice Nice outlook

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The pool, the room, the buffet breakfast, the overall...
    • Premium Fairway Suite

Half hearted attempt at a kids playroom that didn't have the boardgames etc that werr advertised.

The pool, the room, the buffet breakfast, the overall environment. More effort could be made to do some really decent facilities for kids other than the pool that would make the resort a more attractive proposition for non-summer months.