2. Australia hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast

Reviews of RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast 5 stars

Ross Street, Benowa, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#24 of 127 hotels in Gold Coast

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 12 February 2019

wonderful
    • Superior Twin Room

great buffet breakfast variety, comfy soft beds, excellent pool facilities for children, welcoming helpful staff both personally and throughout business function

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

Staff were friendly and helpful, I was looked after.
    • Superior King Room

Staff were friendly and helpful, I was looked after. Very comfortable room - awesome bed! Breakfast delicious and in a lovely spot by the pool. Overall, exceeded my expectations - thank you!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2019

Lovely weekend away
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Perfect place to stay for a little get away. The pool area was lovely and the staff were so helpful. The place does need a really good clean though, our room unfortunately was very dusty (maybe because I just have an eye for it), but the air conditioning vent was thick with dust as was the TV unit. But we stayed before and it was perfectly clean last time so perhaps they have just had a very busy period. I'd definitely come back again though, beautiful surroundings.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2019

Great hotel
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Breakfast was expensive on public holiday. More sun loungers with shade needed near children's pools, slides.

Pools great for children, lots for kids to do, slides, water play, bounce pillow all a big hit with the children. Hotel was smart and modern and clean. Would go again.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2019

ok But would not come during peak times again.
    • Suite with Spa Bath and Mountain View

Reward for forgoing cleaning of room needs to be reviewed. A real incentive if you are serious. Shower over spa bath difficult to manage. Will remember to check this next time. Lift travel too long. Realise it was a long weekend but most times lifts were full when they finally arrived. Went to breakfast at 9:30, food stations lacking.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Nicely appointed reception staff very nice.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2019

Very friendly. Very comfortable & will return soon.
    • Superior Twin Room

The only thing I could comment on is the bed was too soft for us. Everything else was perfect.

Staff were very friendly & helpful. Rooms were well appointed & no need to go anywhere if you didn't want to. Very family friendly & orientated.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

Kids loved the water play
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

About 10 minutes drive to beach but was easy even in school holidays. Italian restaurant on site was good but charged a “cheque tax” of 10% on top of gst but didn’t indicate optional, which was a bit cheeky.

The children’s water play area and access to clean pool towels every day was great. check in was easy, beds comfy and air con worked well. Value for money reflects distance from beach.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2019

Best place I have ever stayed at, clean, friendly, comfortable
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Nothing to complain about, loved it all

Really friendly staff they bend over backwards to help you, even took my luggage up to my room. Fantastic views, really really comfortable. loved everything about it

• Reviewed: 25 January 2019

My grandson age 9 when we arrived there the word out mouth was Marnie this is a big step up from moo
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

There was nothing not to like

I took my 3 grandchildren age 6 and 9yrs old twins every member of staff gave more than 100 percent to four fill our requirements the friendlyness you could feel it every where my only regret is that the deal from you did not have breakfast included as I am 70 yr old pensioner and that was my fault I would definitely want to go again next with my little ones

• Reviewed: 25 January 2019

Overall a good experience with friendly and accommodating staff. Beds are getting a bit tired.
    • Superior King Room

the beds were ok but definatley could have been better. the first few nights were ok, but became increasingly uncomfortable for the rest of out time there. we stayed for 5 nights

the staff and service was excellent during our stay. the pool was also excellent, as was the grounds.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

Beautiful holiday spot
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The pool sun loungers could do with a clean/revamp and also the curtains in our room. Only minor things, but noticeable as the rest of the hotel was so clean and modern.

Loved the location, the pool, the facilities, the restaurants and the lovely staff. Room service food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

Great holiday and would be happy to recommend.
    • Superior Suite

Some staff could have been friendlier. Thought the customer service was lacking in certain occasions.

Facilities. Ease of access and very kid friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

Fun and relaxing.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

No warning that on Christmas Day you wouldn’t be able to purchase even one small glass of wine in the afternoon without forking our for a main meal AFTER Christmas lunch (no room for more food!). Very disappointing. Breakfast buffet was very busy and nothing amazing.

The Italian Restaurant was AMAZING. The view from our room was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

Staff were wonderful, food excellent.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Carpet edging was not vacuumed showing dust and a large amount of dust on window sills. Ice tongs had dried food stuck to them. Guests before us left container of lollies and safety pin on couch which was not picked up by cleaners. Twin room had dble beds they were not very comfy, too soft.

Staff were wonderful, food excellent. enjoyable stay

• Reviewed: 18 January 2019

Definitely will be going back
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

On my arrival i extended my stay and was told it would be $169.00 for the extra night but when i checked out it was $183.00 also i wavered the housekeeping for the first day and was under the impression i would get $10.00 drinks voucher but was not aware i had to collect my voucher just thought it would have been credited to my account.

The staff were very nice and very accommodating

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

A fantastic night and experience

Nothing all was fantastic

Fantastic experience at check in. Meal service was lovely - dine in service was wonderful. Lovely location to travel with children.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Great spot for family to meet on Xmas day. Loved the food, music and the pool.
    • Superior Twin Room

Excellent spot for Xmas day. Really good lunch in the Italian restaurant with live music, Santa for the kids and farm animals. One of the best pools for the kids with water park area.

Absolutely enjoyable.
    • Superior King Room

Could not have improved on this establishment for our liking.

The bed was very comfortable & the staff were most helpful, especially since my wife has a disability problem. It was great to be able to enjoy food in house that was agreeable to our diet, we particularly enjoyed the burgers & chips in the Panorama Lounge, being so spacious, a great place to meet with our family. Excellent sitting around the pools, lots of room & shade.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

The resort grounds were great, including pool area
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The lack of availability of quality food eateries for dinner. If not there over weekend, the choices are too limited, and nothing in walking distance. Upstairs bar and restaurant and Japanese restaurant closed and the Italian is so-so; when we were there it had 12 staff and 24 customers and the food was very ordinary. Sushi train over the road is good, though.

The resort grounds were great, including pool area Breakfast and in-room dining were excellent.

Always enjoy staying at Royal Pines
    • Superior Twin Room

Sign in front of undercover car park saying no parking when clearly there was plenty of spaces available,

Royal pines suits me . The ability to travel to the magic millions sales and race meeting without having major traffic problems

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

Didn’t know what to expect and exceeded expectations.

No comment.

We’re used to med/hard beds so the soft bed caused slight discomfort. Staff were great and always available for any Enquirues; very helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Everything kids loved water park & we play area all the...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The prices at the restaurants were vey expensive also the soccer girls thought they owned the place & there was a wedding on & after that the lounge was full of fowl mouth drunk women not good my grandkids had to witness this but the next nite was better maybe u should of told the women to leave

Everything kids loved water park & we play area all the staff very courteous & helpful

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Clean, convenient, and a great pool!
    • Superior Twin Room

Two different entrances was confusing, and we went in circles looking for guest parking. No concierge available to help with luggage. Breakfast buffet too expensive.

The room was pretty standard, modern and clean. The pool and area was stunning, with bar service available. Gym lwas large and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Not exactly value for money
    • Superior King Room

Did not advise if freebie with meal. Hair dryer approval tag out of date. What about other rooms? Shower drain clogged flooding bathroom. Carpet not vacuumed in room. Carpet in lift foyer L14 not vacuumed!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2019

Staff are excellent.
    • Superior King Room

The only thing I didn’t like was the bed was really uncomfortable and the pillows were lumpy.

Staff are excellent. The room I was in had a view of the city which was beautiful at night. The house keeping was great, room was really clean. Great location for where I needed to be. Undercover car parking as well.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

We really enjoyed our stay. Suitable for our 15 year old right through to our 98 year old.
    • Superior King Room

The poolside cafe is a bit ordinary. The staff there were rather untidy in appearance and demeanor (we excused it as being the only staff willing to work over Christmas). Food choices were very limited and the general area was not very comfortable.

The beds were sooo comfortable and the room was spacious. We felt very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

Great place!
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Staff, especially in the restaurant were incompetent. Moody faces, no service, and unfriendly.

Everything but the restaurant staff was fantastic. A great family or work resort with plenty to do and enjoy in a clean and extremely comfortable environment.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Watch what you sign for.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

I was signing for a drink that was being charged to my room and noticed that there was an unexplained $495.00 tip/charge under the drink charge bringing the total to $500.00. When I questioned this I was given no explanation just a new receipt to sign which only had the $5.00 drink charge. Very sneaky. Also the cost of the movies are way too pricey.

The room, the food, the water play/ pool area, the kids park. The breakfast was really delicious and good value for money. The cafe was a bit pricey but the food was great.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Very nice environment, loads of entertainment for adults and...
    • Superior Twin Room

There was a horrible vibtating noise in the middle of the night all nights. Lasting about 10 minutes each time. It sounded like from the vent.

Very nice environment, loads of entertainment for adults and kids.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

Has its ups and downs
    • Superior Twin Room

Found the staff a bit bland. Usually are really good but I guess its that time of the year also. Lifts are super slow Golf course isnt as cracked up to be. Not worth the price Buffet breakfast is terrible.

Pools for the kids The grounds are well maintained

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

Staff were friendly, good facilities, great for families
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Lack of eatery options at or near the hotel, shower head in our bathroom was sub par, other bathrooms had better shower heads

Staff were friendly, good facilities, great for families

• Reviewed: 28 December 2018

A COMFORTABLE PLACE TO STAY IF YOU ARE ATTENDING A FUNCTION CLOSE BY.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

If spending time at the beach is what you have planned, then the Royal Pines Resort is not where you should stay as it is a fair distance away from the beach and you would have to drive to it. There are places less expensive that are located close to the beach if that is what you want to do.

My husband and I attended his Christmas function at the Royal Pines Resort which was put on by the company that he worked for. Consequently, we decided to also stay there so we wouldn't have to catch a cab or drive back to another form of accommodation. The room was spacious and well-maintained. We had a lovely view over the golf course and could see parts of Surfers Paradise in the distance. The bed was comfortable, we both slept well and the curtains were dark enough so that we did not wake up early when the sun rose. Upon booking in, we were offered a buffet breakfast for $25.00 each which we took advantage of. It was delicious and there was a good selection of food. We were able to find a parking space for our hire car even though a major Golf Tournament was also on.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2018

Apart from location the pool area was fabulous.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Parking was a bit messy , but i gather there were alot of people for xmas lunch/dinner celebration

Apart from location the pool area was fabulous. My 19 month grandson had a ball

• Reviewed: 22 December 2018

I really enjoyed the stay
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

I loved the wonderfull children friendly facilities the pool and water play areas, the jumping pillow and the rest of the play areas were so entertaining for my kids. The staff was very friendly and was willing to help any time. The daily breakfast at Kalinda was excellent. As I was busy feeding my kids I missed a very tasty spicy dish and on the next day breakfast I asked the chef how to prepare the dish as my family really enjoyed. Mr Renesh the chef was so nice and he specially made that dish for me and send it to our table. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2018

The lady on lifeguard duty this morning 19/12/18 was...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The lady on lifeguard duty this morning 19/12/18 was so rude and disrespectful to all the children at the pool area including mine. We had been at the pool other days where we had no problem with the other lifeguards on duty. Due to this lady we will not be coming back to stay as the swimming area was one of the main reasons we picked this resort. On departing the pool area we spoke to other families and they too were disgusted with how this lady treated the children and they to said they will not be returning. Such a shame!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2018

Value for money, safe and comfortable for family holiday.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Nothing in particular, but add of few more choices of restaurants.

Morning pastry, buffet excellent.eggs made to perfection. Pastry fresh n 😋. Our favorite mushroom and spinach. Varieties of 🍞. Pancakes was best choice for kids. On top timing set is perfect for breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2018

The stay was about us and the hotel was our happy backdrop!
    • Superior King Room

No steamer in bathroom. No small bottles of champagne/wine.

The bed was very comfortable. The pool area looked amazing for families. The lobby area looked very inviting. Nice towels. Location great for us. TV was great.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2018

A little disappointing
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Being Christmas time I thought there would have been entertainment for the children, I have been twice and it has rained both times nothing indoor for the children to do (I appreciate you cannot help the weather) apart from breakfast the food wasn’t very good I was with my grandchildren and didn’t have a descent meal My grandchildren were looking forward to the dinner buffet they had at are last stay and were very disappointed it was no longer available

The location and staff are very good pool and playground for the children also good the breakfast deal also good

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

The perfect place to stay for events like the pro-am, and good food, but looking a little tired
    • Suite with Spa Bath and Mountain View

property was tired - the toilet in the bathroom didn't flush properly and the tv options were ordinary, the general look of the place was begging for renovations

staff were wonderful - professional and courteous, and the restaurants were good quality. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

Enjoyable hotel to stay especially if you play golf.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

We would have liked extra coffee mugs, plus a refill of the de café coffee in our room. Also something to open the milk as it was hard to open. In saying that I didn't ask for any of this, I should have.

A lovely hotel, where we were made to feel welcome by the staff our whole stay. The staff were friendly and the dining excellent. We had a nice view from our room of the golf course and mountains. We had dinner at 3 of the restaurants and enjoyed all of our meals. The pool and play areas are lovely and shaded. The golf course looked excellent and if a competition wasn't on we would have played golf. We did however come to watch the PGA and our stay was great.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

yes we will come again, however we were a little disappointed with our stay this time.
    • Superior King Room

The door keys were not activated correctly and we had to return to the desk when tired from travel. Basically the room was a little tired. Noisy air con, mould in base of shower wall, crack in handbasin, bottom of bathroom door water damaged. TV remote only working sometimes, carpet pulls a trip hazard. Coffee mugs had dirty rings in them on arrival, vacuum cleaner left in hallway. And this is a suggestion only, but it would make a hot day so much better while around the pool. All plastic glasses should be frozen before serving as being served a cold beer into a warm glass is a total waste of time and money.

Location, pool facilities, dining, staff were friendly.And when maintenance was reported they came straight away.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2018

Friendly staff, lovely and clean
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Expected 5 star, wasn’t really to expectation. Although felt the it was priced at such. Buffet breakfast was over priced and basic.

Friendly staff, lovely and clean Verdere restaurant was lovely, good and service was great. Lighting was a little bright which prevented a view of surfers paradise.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2018

Could be better
    • Superior Suite

Check-in is always a chore, including the ID process. They have credit card, have ID, whats the issue? Never understand. Staff need more training and processes need to be streamlined. Some of us spend half our life in hotels, don't need the aggravation. Bathroom does not have a privacy screen. Would be nice to have a bottle of water like most hotels. Parking can be a hassle.

Rooms are fairly decent. Cleaning staff excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Don't expect sleep.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Near total lack of sleep. 1st night they had a party. I expect ADULT guests not to shout or slam doors at all hours of the night. I rang reception twice, only to be told security had attended first time and not found any noise: If they had waited a few minutes, they'd have found it. I asked for a quieter room, and was told the hotel would be virtually empty then second night...Second night, similar: late arrival to room next door was in the hallway on speakerphone. Very thin walls, slam, slam, slam of drawers and cupboards kept me away, despite industrial quality earplugs.

Location ok, short enough drive to beach. Good grounds to go walking. Enjoyable aquapark with selection of warm/cool pools, beach area for kids. Good restaurants (save me from giving a 5.0 score overall).

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

The pool facilities were excellent as was the cleanliness of...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Service very poor and property is not considered a five star property rather four-star due to service .After staying at the Marriot surfers Paradise for one week prior and our last night at RACV Royal Pines resort it was a total letdown of experience and we felt very stressed upon leaving to return to Melbourne. It certainly was not the five star experience that we expected and had to attend negotiations with reception staff on three times due to overcharging us breakfast which we had already paid with booking.com which they disputed.

The pool facilities were excellent as was the cleanliness of the room. As was the cleanliness of the room. extremely small bathroom/no bath. Dispute with staff over paying with booking.com for room and breakfast inclusion and overcharged for breakfast from hotel. Kalinda restaurant advertised as open with seafood buffet however was notified upon attempting to dine of closure in June but still advertised for dates stayed on information sheet of available restaurants from hotel brochure. Limited staff and poor service . This hotel is rated as five-star however believe it is only a four star property.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

Family friendly
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Water Park and Playground facilities for the kids. The fact the hotel was situated away from Surfers but not too far that we were able to drive there daily

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Awesome value as the hotel is well maintained as what other has feedback. Didn’t regret picking this
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

I’ll keep that to myself. Not terrible but room for improvement

Love the quilt and willingness to allow extra pillows. Sleep is the most important factor in hotel stay and allowing tourist a pleasant sleep must be a priority

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Great value, fantastic stay.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Nothing, this hotel is perfect.

This hotel has the wow factor. The views over the golf course in the mountain view rooms is fabulous. The water park and swimming pool area keeps kids happy for hours. All the staff are very friendly and very helpful, especially Sam the concierge (Will and Ollie say hi in a Yorkshire accent) He is an asset to the hotel. The food served in the restaurants is fairly priced and wonderful. Thank you for a perfect end to our holiday in Australia.

Had great time
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

When I first got there, there was a dirt cups and spoons, which we cleaned before using, it all has like melt white stuff on it. an during the week when we did have the room cleaned they did not top up the toilet paper but we did ask staff if they could bring some and they did without a problem.

Staff where great

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Amazing staff members and will encourage family and friends to stay.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The only thing that could have been better was the appetizers served at our gala dinner before the entrees were all very spicy. it would have been nice to have a lighter appetizer eg salad cups or just a selection of appetizers that are no all spicy.

I loved that you serve inari in your buffet breakfast. The Cleaning staff and concierge staff were really friendly and always happy help. The business rooms for our conference were large and not stuffy.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

The Lifts were ATTROTIOUS.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The Lifts were ATTROTIOUS. It took over 15 minutes just to get IN the lift that was jam packed, children crying that they were squashed. This was for both the Saturday, Saturday night and especially Sunday morning. We missed the start of our conference on Saturday and our reservation on Sunday because the lift took so long. Appalling for the price we paid for the room.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

nice but would most likely not stay here again, have had better value for money
    • Superior King Room

staff looked tired, attempted to assist, professional, air conditioning was hard to get working, Parking for guests was hit and miss .

room was clean and tidy, bed comfy

• Reviewed: 3 November 2018

Expensive sleepover
    • Suite with Spa Bath and Mountain View

Upon arrival we we got confused by the faded signs pointing where to park. Once parked we made our way to reception, the girl was polite but less approachable than I'd like. Although checking in was easy I felt as though she could of given us more information considering it was our first time at the hotel. Such as needing to insert your room key near the front door switch to turn the lights on so you don't spend half an hour trying to figure it out. The room was clean and comfortable but I felt for $281 per night we could of at least had water without paying $4.50 per bottle and movies to watch without paying $15.95 for ones that were 10 years old. I felt uncomfortable and awkward trying to approach staff about activities/dining at the restaurant on the Thursday when I arrived.

The room was very clean and well presented, the views were also as good as promised. The coffee was delicious at the panorama lounge and most of the staff were great. The hotel in all was very beautiful and modern. It was huge with plenty of things for the kids/golfers to stay happy.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2018

Our stay was relaxing and we were able to purchase healthy meals. The staff made you very welcome.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Just needed an extra chair in room for room service dining.

Great location, friendly staff and convenient room service. The waterpark and pool area made our stay truely enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

• Superior Twin Room

Location. Had a conference there and the location kept us together instead of breaking away to the casino or night clubs of the goldcost. Hydrate bar had 300 people rocking it until 2 am

• Reviewed: 24 October 2018

A very pleasant stay. Would visit resort again.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Front desk staff could have been a little more welcoming.

Breakfast presentation very good. Bar and fine dining restaurant excellent, food and staff. Clean room. Facilities very good. Location very good.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Good value for money, very happy that there is a bathtub in...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Room is not tidy, dust came out from hair dryer. No response from hotel for requests of early check in or late check out.

Good value for money, very happy that there is a bathtub in the room. Great facility for the kids as well.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Above average
    • Superior King Room

Shower didn’t work properly (room 410, I’m sure we aren’t the first to say) - blinds in room very old and dusty, a very nice hotel but the facade is looking very tired, the entrance to the main reception (outside as you drive up) was very underwhelming.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Great location and facilities, however rooms need updating.
    • Superior Twin Room

Tv old and dated, with very limited viewing choices. Option to pay for in room movies very expensive for non new release movies. Beds were very small.

Undercover car parking. Room service was fast and good.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Had a great trip
    • Suite with Spa Bath and Mountain View

dinner at the pizza restaurant a little disappointing. Great service, pizzas were average.

The room and views were great, pool area was fantastic for the kids. Buffet breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Lovely resort unfortunately was not happy with our room, no value for money!
    • Superior Twin Room

The beds were way too small and then when asked for a roller bed it was a ridiculous extra cost on top of quite expensive accommodation. Also the restaurants were expensive also for what you get. I feel if you are a family this is not the place to stay.

The staff were very friendly and attentive. The gym was great!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great golf course. Incredible staff. Awesome views. Brilliant kids water park. Will come again.
    • Superior Twin Room

Italian restaurant. We’re vegan (7 people) and it seamed a challenge, and we couldn’t order much. Lots of places have vegan menues now, hope that can improve, it’s pretty easy to do great Italian and salads for vegans.

The friendly man with the beard at reception. The enthusiastic staff who went out of their way. Japanese restaurant was nice.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Enjoyable and comfortable
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Pool closed too early and I shouldn’t have had to ask for an additional mug as we had 3 people staying. The sugar also wasn’t replenished so I had to ring for that the next day. Service was quick though.

Rooms were a good size although double beds don’t suit tall children.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Great atmosphere for children and great place to relax
    • Superior Twin Room

It was raining on and off all day. The kids were excited for the water slides but we were told they were turned off as the ywere wet. Very strange response. We were offered our money back but we drove 2 hours to get there so wasn't impressed. They ended up being turned on and all the kids in the water park enjoyed it. For a five star we had some minor issues- fridge didn't work, old food in drawers and not enough towels for the amount of people I booked for. Just little things that I think the cleaners need to check. All the staff were lovely but I do not find them at fault for that

Was quite big and the children's area for swimming was amazing The trattoria restaurant was amazing!! Bsst cooked chicken couldn't believe my children ate it!!( they are so fussy )

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Love this place
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

This time the lady that checked us in was tired grumpy and upset the kids. we tried to stay a second night but you were booked out. The rooms are a bit small for a family as the family rooms are hard to book. Beds need to be queen size a least for adults

We love this place and have stayed several times.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great family resort
    • Suite with Spa Bath and Mountain View

Housekeeping The room was not cleaned properly Face marks on windows handprints on door Furniture not moved to vacuum underneath

Buffet breakfast was incredible So many choices in food I had a Spa Suite very spacious The Resort has a shuttle bus service Chapel on grounds beautiful grounds

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Fun with kids
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The beds were a bit soft... still...very comfortable!

I was after a fun break with kids,this was perfect. Waterslides, waterpark,heated pool,awesome playground,nature walk, good food. All so easy! The room was spacious and comfortable . Just what we needed!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Was an excellent get a way for the kids they loved the pools...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Dinner was a little over priced but not to bad for money wise

Was an excellent get a way for the kids they loved the pools and outdoor play equipment and the breakfast was excellent will deffinately be back again

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

$5 bus for day.
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

No lift near function area. Not good for someone on crutches. No option of stairs to room when lifts overwhelmed with large function gathering. Bar fridge over filled with no room to have a jug or container of tap water. Concierge desk didn't seem to be manned, thus no enquiry about booking some activities.

$5 bus for day.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Excellent stay in a beautiful facility with a touch of Victoria since it is now the RACV Royal Pines
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

It's a little further out but that's actually pretty good at times.

The view from our room and the luxury feel but at still an affordable price.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The Royal Pines was just beautiful would have loved to stay...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Although breakfast and dinner was delicious it’s very pricey. Could possibly look at reducing them.

The Royal Pines was just beautiful would have loved to stay longer! The grounds and facilities are well kept and staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Loved it, wish I could stay longer
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The property was great, the staff were great, Lack of gluten free food in the restaurants, and we had to ask 3 times for toilet paper and every time we asked they said, I’m so sorry and nothing was done. I think they kept saying that just to appease us. 4th time,I eventually rang housekeeping themselves and she said I’m sorry, but she brought it up with in 10min.

It was beautiful and we loved it very much, very relaxing, great shuttle bus services into the city and.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great facilities with a little room for improvement ...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Inability to book into any of the Resorts restaurants with 2hrs notice, noise in corridor from children every evening. Basic coffee in room (plunger would have been AWESOME!)

Ease of access to Carrara Stadium, Ease of check-in and check out. Sincerity of staff.

Lovely Resort Excellent For Families
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Would be nice if the rooms had a microwave in them. Room service was great but can end up being very expensive over a 5 day period

Our little family had a wonderful time at the Royal Pines. Our son loved the waterpark & the playground. We loved the buffet restaurant & the lovely walking paths around the resort.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Cant complain! Perfection and great value
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

Could have been a little more self catering. Supply of bowels , cutlery. We where here for 4 days and 5 children. ... but in saying that on request reception gave us what we needed . So no complaint here

Loved everything about the resort! Great value

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast traveller photo gallery