Reviews of Radisson On Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne 4.5 stars

380 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia, 3000 Melbourne, Australia

#27 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

Great location for our activities, but the best thing was...
    • Standard Room

Great location for our activities, but the best thing was the staff, very efficient, helpful but very natural and friendly, that was at reception and also at HQ restaurant.

Great Location, Good Rooms
    • Superior King Room

Some staff weren't particularly happy to be at work and made me feel like a hassle checking in. I was given a room near the elevator which was noisy in the mornings.

The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location is great - right next to the Queen Vic markets and a beautiful park across the road. All trams are walking distance and its walking distance to the mall. The housekeepers were great! They did a great job and were lovely. Special mention to the club sandwhich on the room service menu. It was a steep $30, but worth every penny!

Great hotel
    • Standard Room

Would like option to order off menu for breakfast rather then buffet style breakfast.

Rooms were modern and well designed. The room was clean with really comfy bed. I got an unexpected upgrade to business suite which was a nice surprise. Rooms were equipped with coffee machine and mini bar. Nice big showers in the bathroom. Staff were all very friendly and professional. Excellent wifi. Close to Victoria markets and public transport. 10 minute walk to Southern cross station.

Great place to stay
    • Standard Room

From when we walked in to leaving the next day we couldn’t fault anything. The staff were very helpful & friendly. They had organised an early check in as we had a matinee show to go. The room was comfortable & breakfast was excellent! The location was good as it was not too far off the freeway for us & relatively close to town & tram stops. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Melbourne. Parking was great to as we used their valet service.

Very clean rooms, great location, good value
    • Standard Room

The bathroom had a fairly old 'shower over the bath' set up which is quite dated, and didn't match the photo of the room which pictured modern showers.

The room was very clean and the bed is comfortable. Even though I didn't dine at the hotel restaurant, the menu looked great. The location is great. Very convenient. Close to Vic market and Melbourne Central station.

Excellent comfortable room in a great location - good rate via booking.com
    • Standard Room

Great room, lovely walk in shower with 2 shower head option. Pillow choices and nice view to Flagstaff gardens. Also a short walk to Flagstaff station, Victoria Market and multiple tram choices. Would stay again.

Awesome- loved our stay!!!
    • Standard Room

The egg station lady had preference of certain race of people over others. The check in was taking place during check out, great for those checking in early, bad for those running late -:)

Value for money, location was great, breakfast was from out of world (even egg lady couldn't spoil it), friendliness of all other staff was world class. Loved the lobby to hang out with mates after 10 years and will come back to stay any day of the year. Appreciated the help with prebooking of brekkie at a special rate. Rooms were spacious, beds were comfy- thank you for a great stay.

The hot tub still hard to find.
    • Standard Room

Beds were not comfortable, got over charged at check out. Had to lung our own bags to our room. When asked to get valet parking staff suggested we use self park. On check out she charged us to the wrong room and insisted my car wasn’t outside and that I had to wait 15mins for my car, after I had already called 20mins in advance and I could see our car out the front. Not happy at all.

The hot tub still hard to find.

Very happy
    • Standard Room

Only thing I could think of was the view from our room. It is understandable though that not everyone gets a good view . Other side of the building would have had a nice view. That is all.

Everything really. Very helpful and friendly staff with great can do attitude. They did everything to make us enjoy our stay! Rooms are good, beds as well. Tidy and clean. Good location. Happy to stay again and again :)

Very disappointed would not stay again told city vie rooms not available but they were.
    • Standard Room

Worst spa ever hardly any jets, chose this stay due to the park view and city view, but l got a view looking straight into another building with washing hanging over balconies and clothes horses looked like shanti town awful couldn’t have curtain open everyone can see in my room

The breakfast

I like this hotel but please don't put me next to the service lift next time.
    • Standard Room

I have stayed here before and loved it. However unfortunately this time it was a disaster. I was put in a room next to the service lift which didn't stop all night. I had been working until 12am and had checked into this hotel so I could sleep instead of the usual 2 commute home. Realizing I was next to the service lift, I ordered a bottle of wine through room service to knock me out which took 45 minutes to arrive. All I wanted to do after a really long day of work was to relax and watch tv but the TV didn't work. I contacted reception who said there was a problem with the internet, not true. The TV didn't work my entire stay. A completely different stay to my first. I must say however consierge were amazing sourcing my coat after releasing I had left it behind.

Consierge, location, cost and breakfast was great.

Great effort
    • Superior King Room

Weather was very ordinary. Was a bit if a walj from city center with shopping bags .

Everything I needed was at the one location. Staff were exceptionally friendly and very happy to please.

Lovely stay
    • Superior King Room

Very comfortable room. Lovely hotel close to Vic Markets. Breakfast very nice. Loved the free iced water in the foyer and free bottled water in the room.

I was extremely disappointed at the rudeness of the staff
    • Superior King Room

Our stay in the hotel was great until the morning we were to check out. I had booked a late check out of 1pm and received an email confirming the checkout. At 11.30am the phone woke me up with one of the hotel staff advising it was after 11am and asked when will will be “getting out of our room” I advised the staff member we had a confirmed late checkout of 1pm to which she advised that was fine. Not even 10 mins later we had a knock on our door from house keeping wanting to access the room, I again advised that we had a late check out and were still “trying ” to sleep. Again about 10mins after that we had a massively loud knock on our door, I opened the door to see a man standing there asking “when we were getting out of the room” For the 3rd time I advised we had a late check out and that I had already advised 2 other staff members! I was extremely upset at the rudeness and abruptness of the stuff and lack of communication, we had purposely asked for a late check out as we had a late night function only to be rudely woken up 3 times asking when we were getting out with no apology or explanation from the hotel staff

The room was nice, hotel facilities were great, and bed was very comfortable

The best
    • Standard Room

Omg the buffet breakfast two for one deal $33, was such a happiness. Late night hot tub with city lights view was mindblowing and fully equipped gym was the best

Great choice for visitors to Melbourne
    • Superior King Room

There aren't too many places to eat nearby.

Room was great. Circle tram (free) runs just up the road & is a great way for tourists to get around Melbourne & see the sights. Proximity to Etihad Stadium. Bathroom is ++ & shower was hot with good water pressure.

Location, hotel was clean and comfy, staff was friendly, 24...
    • Standard Room

There is apparently a Max 3 person per room rule. Payment wasn’t made up front, which resulted in mis communication about the rate of the rooms booked and how much money was to be paid. Ended up having to pay double for a last minute add of one person! We learnt our lesson from his hotel by not asking for some sort of quote or evidence to say how much we were suppose to pay.

Location, hotel was clean and comfy, staff was friendly, 24 hour concierge was good

Very clean good value for money.
    • Standard Room

My stay was good but at times we found the room too hot and no ventilation, very stuffy to sleep.

Very clean good value for money. Breakfast was very good.

Average & Not a value for money
    • Standard Room

We were celebrating a special occasion and had mentioned to the hotel beforehand but didn't even get a welcome drink/ not even a congrats on arrival from reception, we celebrated before this at crown hotels and experience was spectacular and the hotel prices were same.

Location and room was comfy.

The fitness room and rooftop access were a nice touch.
    • Superior King Room

Room was a tad small for a 'superior' room. Walls a little paper thin, we could hear what sounded like the elevator coming up and down.

The fitness room and rooftop access were a nice touch. Staff were friendly and helpful. Located conveniently.

Nice hotel and value for money with nice restaurant and good buffet breakfast . Room was ok
    • Standard Room

On this occasion our room was near the lift which was noisy at times, No coffee machine or dressing gown

Greetings are always friendly at any time of day or night . Relaxing in the spa with views of Melbourne

Good quality cheap stay in cbd area close to public transoprt
    • Premium King Room with Park View

Nothing property very good very well priced

Great property good location just near public transport and Queen vic market. Parking very easy check in also hassle free and very prompt. Breakfast was also good. Room was so quiet no road noise and very dark drapes allowed sleep in

The staff are always helpful and accommodating and breakfast...
    • Superior King Room

Our one less memorable moment was our decision to have dinner in the hotel on a Saturday night. The service was slow and the food indifferent - quite unlike the first night, a week previously when we had excellent service and good food.

The staff are always helpful and accommodating and breakfast offers an excellent choice of good quality food. I also noticed that the manager of the breakfast room is quick to praise his staff for good work and this kind of positive management works very well.

Perfect for our short stay in Melbourne
    • Standard Room

Good value,close to the CBD , railway station and very close to Birds Basement Jazz club that we were going to that night . We had a great view over Flagstaff gardens and the room was very quiet.

Good location, great value & efficient, courteous staff. Would stay here again.
    • Standard Room

The room temperature was set at 19 degrees & it wouldn't go lower, so was a bit warm through the night.

Great location to attend the football at Etihad Stadium. Close to Queen Vic market, Hardware Lane restaurants & just a 10 minute walk to the department stores. The Flagstaff gardens are opposite.

Short business stay
    • Standard Room

The complimentary beverage keeps changing based on bartender's mood i think ! Sometimes a glass and sometime not even half.

I've started to stay at this property more than any 4+ star'd in Melbourne, beautiful location and excellent rooms at unbelievable prices.

Nice size rooms and staff were friendly.
    • Standard Room

The light is the bathroom flickered constantly and on the second day our key wouldn’t work for our door so had to go back to reception and get them re set as they had only done for one night

Nice size rooms and staff were friendly. Large bathroom and shower, very clean

Value for money..just book it!
    • Standard Room

We did not have breakfast but the room was spacious, very good Ritual products in the bathroom, comfortable beds. Transportation outside the hotel. Even the bus for the station from where we would take the bus for the airport stopped right outside the hotel... Beautiful lobby.

Lovely staff, comfortable beds and yummy food!
    • Standard Room

staff here are absolutely wonderful. We ordered room service from HQ Restaurant which was delicious as was the buffet breakfast in the morning. Super comfy beds!

• Standard Room

We were upgraded without even requesting it! When we didn't use our free drink voucher in the evening, the concierge recommended we have a take away coffee the next morning when we checked out. It was the best idea!

Right choice, great stay. Thanks a lot.
    • Superior King Room

1. Very clean and spacious room. 2. In the room you will find everything you may need: iron, electric kettle, great coffee and tea, toiletries of excellent quality, fridge etc. 3. Comfortable bed and room, in general. 4. Very good location: 5-7 min by foot to main shopping streets, 10-12 min - to railway station. 5. Very welcoming, smiling and professional staff.

Extremely friendly n helpful staff.
    • Premium King Room with Park View

Extremely friendly n helpful staff. The manager extended my checkout to 12.30 pm upon hearing that I would be back from hot air ballooning only by 10.30 am ("so that I don't have to rush through packing to leave") Service with a smile throughout. "Four Seasons" like hospitality

We would have no hesitation in staying at the Raddison again.
    • Standard Room

Nothing to complain about. All in all, a positive experience.

Did not eat at the hotel but the complimentary drink was a nice touch and it was only a short 10 minute walk to the function we attended. Everything clean and tidy and friendly staff.

Super friendly & informative staff; all of them. Great location & reasonable price.
    • Standard Room

To be able to open the windows, even a smidge would be great as I felt the rooms were a little 'air-less'; I upgraded to garden view, though I really shouldn't have spent more - but I needed to feel a little more 'air'.

I love a pillow menu :) The staff, the staff, the staff - all employees I had anything to do with were SUPERB; from the check in folk to the room cleaner & supervisor. ALL wonderful. I was impressed.

Rooms are nothing special but staff were a saving grace
    • Standard Room

Very small room and bathroom.Room was cold, despite having heating on. Terrible view facing a brick wall

Very lovely lady at check in, I think her name was Marisha. Very friendly and kind

Amazing location and good structure
    • Standard Room

Positioning in Melbourne of this hotel is amazing!!! abosolutely near to the best things and to a very nice park! The view is really good and the sorroudings are ok.

It was a great location for what was required for our visit...
    • Standard Room

The rooms was very comfortable and clean.

It was a great location for what was required for our visit the Melbourne. The restaurant was great and the staff friendly and very informative as to what was on the menu

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming.
    • Superior King Room

The rooms maybe need a bit of upgrading, but they are clean and the beds are extremely comfy.

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. I booked it as a weekend away for my boyfriend and I to celebrate his birthday - and upon arrival we were given a complimentary upgrade to a business class suite and 2 free drink cards to use in their HQ restaurant.

As a regular guest at The Radisson I was extra happy with my...
    • Superior King Room

As a regular guest at The Radisson I was extra happy with my stay on this occasion. I left a bracelet in my room and phoned the Hotel thinking that I would not get it back. I however received 3 calls in response to my call and housekeeping sent my bracelet back in the post and received it within a few days. Great service!! Thank you! Planning to stay again in July.

As usual we enjoyed our stay. Staff are always so helpful and friendly. We have now been given a Rad
    • Superior King Room

Our room, 812, appeared to be a twin room with the beds pushed together. This meant the bedside cabinets, which were fixed to the wall, were too far from the bed.

Friendly, helpful Staff

Excellent location and good services.
    • Business King Room

Cleaner asked me at room door if I am checking out when I was going down for breakfast. Not huge problem but it is not necessary.

Excellent location and good services.

Work Visit
    • Standard Room

Nothing in specific but i felt two different water taps on washbasin are bit difficult because you have to open both, check the water temperature and then close both, a bit outdated water system. I also felt the night lamps are old style too but apart from that there's nothing to worry.

The best part - We were upgraded to a business class room on higher floor, though the view from the room was into the building next door ! But nevertheless i felt welcomed. Was also given coupons for free evening drink with live music in the lobby. Room is spacious and stands well to Radisson's brand. Excellent bed and Pillows and nice big rooms. Front desk duty manager is fabulous.

Thin walls, nice staff
    • Standard Room

When we arrived we were given our room key. We went up to our room and walked in on a man naked in bed. We were then upgraded to business class to make up for the mistake. However we got woken up at 3:45am by extremely loud music in the next room. I rang reception who then asked them to turn it down at 4am. The next hour we were kept awake by the couple next door having sex until 5am. Not the best night’s sleep to be honest! The staff were very nice but no one asked us how our stay was when we left despite knowing we’d been woken up in the middle of the night.

The staff were very friendly and the room was nice and clean.

My new favourite hotel in Melbourne!
    • Standard Room

Pillow was not too my liking.

The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. My hat goes off to the Manager and the entire team as this is one of the few hotels I have stayed in that from the front desk, to restaurant, room service and room staff, all where very nice. They must enjoy working there!! Well done.

My room smelled of cigarette smoke.
    • Superior King Room

My room smelled of cigarette smoke. It smelled like it was coming in through the vents, even though the hotel is non-smoking and I was on the 9th floor.

Hotel in a good location that does a job
    • Standard Room

I chose Raddison because I have a Carlson card having been at least twice to a London hotel now in the same group. I am inundated with email promoting their rewards programme. I ask at the desk about these reward points but I am informed that because I booked through Booking.cam I am not eligible for any rewards. To add insult to injury I am told I will receive points for the extras that I paid for at the hotel, meals etc. This is not the way to build brand loyalty I will now unsubscribe from Radisson and probably never use them again.

Room was well equipped... hair dryer, ironing board etc. A bit dated and time served! Staff all as helpful as they could. Breakfast very typical for large hotel group

Quite clean.
    • Standard Room

Be careful of the extra add on's and charges. Despite saying they are environmentally friendly by the end of our stay we had enough towels for the homeless population in Melbourne in our room despite having hung them up as requested.

Quite clean.

The breakfast made it better
    • Standard Room

The extra bed was ordered at 6 pm but I had to request it again at midnight when we returned to our room. When it arrived there were no sheets on it. Quite disappointed with that.

The breakfast was awesome and staff friendly

Average
    • Premium King Room with Park View

We paid for an upgraded room (premium king room with park views) but were very disappointed that we didn’t even get a double bed, it was actually two single beds pushed together..

The hotel and location.
    • Standard Room

The staff should be more knowledgeable of car park prices. As we requested car park on the arrival evening and asked for the cheapest option as we were planning to pick it up on the following day afternoon. Staff advised the car park around the corner and the price at $20.00 per whole stay. We ended up paying $60.00 for less than 24 hours. Please be more cautious than we were with regards to the car parks and prices.

The hotel and location. Highly recommended.

Wonderful
    • Superior King Room

Pulling at straws but conditioner could have been better! Other than that, it was A+

Staff were beyond wonderful. So friendly and attentive. Clean, great ideas like don’t get room cleaned get $10 off at restaurant. Highly recommend hotel. Wonderful park views. Massive jacuzzi!

The hotel was tired and I could hear everything from corridor outside my room.
    • Superior King Room

The room was not at all soundproof. All night I could hear people coming and going from their rooms. If anyone had a conversation in the hallway, every word of their conversation was audible through the closed door. I was on the first floor on the street and could hear a lot of street noise. I had to sleep with noise cancelling headphones on.

Clean. Hotel staff were helpful.

Good location with friendly staff
    • Standard Room

There was a strong smell of mould in the bathroom.

The staff were very helpful and the room size was really good. The bathroom was a good size and having a bath was a bonus. The room was fairly quiet with minimal tram noise. It was in a good location to get to Etihad stadium.

Breakfast was great and so was the location
    • Superior King Room

The air con system was a bit hard to use and get ting the right temp was time consuming. It was also a bit noisy

Breakfast was great and so was the location

So not what it used to be
    • Superior King Room

I had stayed here 40 years ago:) was brilliant in every way....but this time could be summed up with it's old and in need of renovating. Furnishings tired, doors paint chipped, hairs on handbasin & loo, poor soundproofing to hallway, mattress dipped in middle.... Who thought 'let's put the smoke alarm right above the bed so that it's green light can light up the night over occupants heads'

Location and staff were brilliant. A clean room, better mattress are sensible location of smoke alarm are three easy fixes that may see me stay here again

Enjoyed my stay
    • Superior King Room

No plug for the tub. Desk was a bit streaky. The fridge in the mini bar wasn't cold. The basin seemed took a little too long for the water to drain. The steak wasn't as high quality as its price suggested.

Clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and responsive. The room was spacious and the free wifi was extremely handy.

Value for money because on a last minute deal, but really for a Radisson, should be doing better.
    • Corner Deluxe King Room

walk-in shower that flooded the bathroom every time one used it; breakfast staff start packing away 30 minutes before "official" closure time; variable housekeeping from excellent to seemingly can't be bothered; softest bed in Christendom - bit like a bouncy castle

location and view over the gardens

Winner

Always good quality

Always great. Easy to check in. No unreasonable security deposit or silliness. Hotel has everything you need includIng comfortable white clean bedding and fluffy towels. Easily becoming my favourite in Melbourne

The bed is comfy and room is spacy
    • Corner Deluxe King Room

The bathroom is too small and no way for me to bathe my 3 months old baby. Also the bathroom floor will be wet because the glass window is too small to avoid the water splashing out.

The bed is comfy and room is spacy

Overall our stay was pretty amazing close to everything very clean and staff were wonderful.
    • Premium King Room with Park View

The bed and bar fridge was probably the only bad thing. The bed was pretty hard to sleep on and bar fridge wasn’t very big to keep our groceries and stuff in.

The staff were excellent always there to help us if we needed. The jaquizzi was amazing overlooking the city and the rooms were neat and tidy. Very close to everything will be coming back deffinately.

Very nice hotel great staff
    • Standard Room

The room I was in looked into the rooms of another building in front of my room. There was only thin looking curtain material on my windows and I was worried that whenever I had the light on those in the other building could see into my room.

I only stayed one night in a business room on the 8th floor. Really nice room great lighting. A travel adaptor in the room was a nice touch. Comfortable double bed. Good quality bath robe, good selection of toiletries with complimentary water and slippers. Very nice modern room . The free wifi was ok. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

It was relaxing enjoyable and stress free just the way we like it
    • Premium King Room with Park View

we liked everything about the place

the staff were lovely the food was very nasty and fresh and parking was very safe and local and check out time was 11 am so we could relax and have another coffee . It was also very quite hotel we did not here any noise during the night

A good stay in central Melbourne
    • Standard Room

At check-out the person doing this was not very alert nor helpful.

The location. The staff The restaurant and the bar. And of course the gym, the sauna and the hot tub on top floor.

For the price this place was charging for one night, it was...
    • Standard Room

Staff attentiveness lacking during breakfast service.

For the price this place was charging for one night, it was nice of them to throw in the complimentary drinks. It is really just a 4 stars quality hotel. No pool but the spa was ok. The GYM has a great view. But had issue with the breakfast coffee machine, a foil dropped into my coffee and could not even get the attention of the staff. Parking is tricky but it is in the CBD after all, so that is a known issue.

Over priced for what was promoted and expected.
    • Premium King Room with Park View

Room is over sold as a Premium King suite but it is a small standard room. Carpet was dirty. Due to the description, my wife and myself were expecting a larger room where we could relax and enjoy part of our stay.

Great value short city stay
    • Standard Room

Fees for late checkouts were rather high at $50/late hour. Would be lovely if the hotel can consider offering complimentary late checkouts for guests flying late afternoon

Great value hotel that's close to Queen Victoria Market and the free tram line. The mini-bar was very reasonably priced, giving more value than the usual hotel prices. The staff was very friendly. Beddings were clean and comfortable. Great for short city stays.

A lovely stay at an aging, but well presented hotel with great staff and yummy breakfast.
    • Superior King Room

The check in and out was handled perfectly (especially by Georgia). The room was clean and spacious and the included breakfast was great. As it was a birthday the room upgrade and complimentary bubbles was a lovey touch.

Friendly staff, great service, large room, comfortable bed.
    • Standard Room

No microwave, but it is a hotel room. Shower alcove a little small. Location on edge of CBD but close to trams and Vic markets

Friendly staff, great service, large room, comfortable bed. Happy hour in bar from 5-7pm.

Average
    • Standard Room

Room is the only facility I used and it did not meet my expectation. walls and roof need a bit if repaint, kitchen is provided but I personally feel that soft drink and a couple of snack could be provided without any charge as a lot others do it and looks good but didn't cost much to hotel.

Did not have much chance to interact with staff or use other facilities but for room.

Best location. Rooms comfortable and well lit. Restaurant food excellent. All staff smiling.
    • Superior King Room

The room service meal, of three different types of grilled beef, was excellent. Would recommend to try their steaks. The coffee in the restaurant was the best. All staff smiling and proactively helpful.

• Superior King Room

The surrounding buildings detract from the Hotel - they need to be demolished as they give the feeling of unsafe at night especially for women staying there I would say

Ok
    • Standard Room

Air conditioning in room not working Very uncomfortable night's sleep Phone not working to get assistance

Staff friendly HQ restaurant excellent

Exceptional staff on the front desk and a room upgrade on arrival made the stay perfect.
    • Standard Room

Parking onsite should be included in the room charge.

The bed as superb. Toiletries of a superior quality to those normally found. The staff on the front desk were exceptional. Lovely, helpful and attentive without being effusive. Very genuine.

Overall a good experience.
    • Premium King Room with Park View

We booked on booking.com and had a confirmation email but on arrival we were not booked in and allocated a room without a park view. This was rectified after letting staff know. Also at breakfast the first morning we were told that only 1 breakfast was covered despite the fact that we booked for two adults. Both these issues took the shine off our stay however staff did resolve them promptly. Despite this we would still return again.

Bed and pillows were comfy and room was clean.
    • Premium King Room with Park View

Bed and pillows were comfy and room was clean. The room was small but I was travelling alone so this didn't matter. The service was excellent - every staff member was friendly and efficient and any issues I had (only small) were dealt with promptly. The quality of the room service food was good. Will definitely stay again.