Reviews of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney 5 stars

27 O'Connell Street, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#6 of 306 hotels in Sydney

Experience central Sydney in style
    • Atrium room

The management matched a lovely old building in a fantastic location with matching, epoch-appropriate service. I enjoyed every minute. The room was spacious and stylish.

Lost and found
    • Premier Room

I thought a small handbag had gone missing from my room. When I reported this to your reception staff they were helpful, concerned and professional in locating it and returning it to me. The staff generally were welcoming and pleasant.

However the stay was enjoyable and comfortable.
    • Premier Twin Room

There was no sticker mentioning "welcome" on the packs of food items inside the room. Hence confusion arose regarding this matter.

Hotel management was excellent. Staffs seem to be helpful and friendly. Overall professionalism was obsessed.

Great location, the room was huge and very clean!
    • Atrium room

Room view and location in hotel was very poor (looking into dark courtyard not much light) sound of generator annoying

Great location, the room was huge and very clean!

Staffs are cordial at the entrance and reception.
    • Premier Twin Room

No arrangement of complementary shaving kit, tooth brush &tooth paste. Only 1 small bottle of water is offered as complementary. Standing on a long que for the breakfast is quite an odd feeling.

Staffs are cordial at the entrance and reception.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

I would recommend this hotel anytime!
    • Atrium room

Fantastic breakfast; staff was really helpfull, ex. they noticed we looked on a map - they immediately asked if we needed help, and gave us a bottle of water each before our outing. They just walked that extra mile!

it was very nice
    • Premier Twin Room

Menu did not serve my vegan options, cooking for vegan meals are not separated from other meat products.

Staff, beds, silence and peace was really good

Very relaxing, good value
    • Atrium room

Not known from website that Licence had to be copied & away from reception. Pool was only 1m throughout, no deep end, couldnt tell that from website.

Lady Fairfax Restaurant for breakfast was just wonderful. Staff great. Bed comfy. Bathroom dreamy. Spa attached to pool great.

Welcomed staff, perfect location, great facilities and...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Business Lounge Access

There is a fee that you have to pay if your payment is by credit card (tge fee is 1.5% of the total price)

Welcomed staff, perfect location, great facilities and awesome breakfast

The staff were very friendly and attentive to the guest...
    • Atrium room

the fitness centre was probably a little inadequate. The hotel needs to offer a more mid range dining option in the evenings as an alternative to the high end dining currently on offer.

The staff were very friendly and attentive to the guest needs. Breakfast was quite good.

Nice hotel overall but a little pricey.
    • Studio King Spa Suite

Wanted a bath with spa jets that my partner and I could use .. was only a normal size bath for one. Which would be fine to be honest if it wasn’t for the rather high price for the room. Seems you pay at least $150 more for this one extra feature - not worth it really ☹️

Room was very clean. Could see the bridge from one of the windows which was nice. Staff were quick and efficient.

A really lovely hotel with excellent staff, comfortable rooms and good breakfast.
    • Atrium room

Only issue was that the wifi appeared to be insecure so I didn't end up using it. Didn't get around to asking the staff about this as we were out most of the time anyway.

The property is well situated, the staff were terrific and the rooms were comfortable. Preferred having the larger room on our second visit. Breakfast was excellent with lovely coffee.

Fantastic place to stay
    • Atrium room

We didnt have much of a view but it was no ones fault .... just the way the building is designed

Breakfast was very good with a wonderful selection of food ..... Room was lovely quite spacious and the bed very comfortable, bathroom was great too .... Pool area was great with a fantastic spa and steam room.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Definitely a trip to remember!
    • Atrium room

Only thing I didn’t like was that we couldn’t stay longer as we enjoyed the place so much!

Me and my partner absolutely LOVED our stay at Radisson Blu! We came for our anniversary (the hotel knew) and they had upgraded our room at no extra cost which was fantastic of them. We got the the room and were amazed at how clean and beautiful the room was and the view was amazing as you looked to the right and saw the Sydney Harbour Bridge. We used a voucher for the bar that night and the drinks available were amazing! We had the buffet breakfast the next morning and me and my partner agree that it was the best buffet breakfast we have ever had! The staff were so incredibly nice and helpful aswell. I look forward fo hopefully stay with this hotel again in future!

Friends catchup in Sydney
    • Superior King Room

That the bar closed early. We were out to dinner wanted to come back for a nightcap. It said the bar closed at 12.00 we were there at 11.40 and they closed. Wasn't pleased

The bed was excellent, we ordered two extra latex pillows and they arrived in minutes. Breakfast was excellent as well

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very comfortable quiet hotel
    • Premier Room

I couldn't think of anything to complain about

Everything is within walking distance. Darling Harbour,circular Quaysnd CBD. Very comfortable beds. Quiet room and friendly, helpful staff.

Convenient location close to The Rocks and Circular Quay
    • Atrium room

Firstly, the receptionist couldn't find one of our rooms and secondly we and our guests were allocated the wrong rooms. We sorted that out ouselves by simply swapping rooms. Thirdly, there was a long queue for breakfast on Sunday morning (I've never had to queue for breakfast at a hotel before or since). Some guests were asked to carry their food down steps, past the queue that was forming, and into the bar. Fortunately by the time we got to the front of the queue a couple of tables were cleared. This was fortunate as one of our guests would have had difficulty negotiating the steps carrying a plate of food. Fourthly, while the beds were comfortable the feather pillows were not.

Convenient location for sightseeing around The Rocks and Circular Quay area. Excellent breakfast.

Was overall very impressed . Was our first time and won't be the last. Will try Bentley's next time.
    • Atrium room

Took too long to get our car on checkout. Was quite lost once I got out of the elevator to our room. It was a bit of a maze! 😜

I really liked the photos on the walls of days gone by. Such great history in a wonderful city. Also the hotel was nice and quiet for the centre of Sydney😊

Great hotel, just need a bit of attention to the breakfast arrangements
    • Premier Room

Breakfast - very chaotic and room was too small to accomodate everyone. One 4 slice toaster to share between about 100 people so I imagine lots of people gave up on toasting as it was impossible to get to use it when it was busy. Lots of variety but the quality of the cooked breakfast ingredients was not up to standard, really cheap bacon cooked to within an inch of its life so was like shoe leather, obviously not cooked by the same person who cooked the chicken sausages which were so pale they appeared raw and really unappealing.

Room was lovely and really big

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Old style grace & charm
    • Atrium room

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My room was lavish and the huge bath was a treat. I especially enjoyed the mindfulness channel on the TV.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Super friendly staff, fresh and spotless room in a handy position.
    • Premier Room

Disappointed not to be able to eat in a restaurant on a Sunday night. We didn't want to eat in our room or have dinner on a coffee table in the bar area. So we dined out.

Excellent location to the Quay, Opera House & The Rocks. Nice room and well appointed -very fresh .

Perfect stay
    • Atrium room

First time staying at a Raisson Blu. Staff were extremely welcoming and helpful from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out. Room exceeded expectations in all aspects. Location is great, really central and within walking distance of Circular Quay, The Rocks etc.

This has been my home away from home in Sydney for a few...
    • Premier Room

This time I had a few issues with food and beverage side, but I am sure the hotel will address the issues. This is first time ever I have had a problem at Radisson Blu.

This has been my home away from home in Sydney for a few years, so a great property to stay at. Staff are amazing!!

Very convenient hotel
    • Premier Room

The bed is a bit too soft; breakfast didn’t have any change in two days when we stayed there.

Excellent location; comfortable room; friendly staff; walking distance to circular quay and opera house; very quiet; very close to shops and restaurants.

Had a lovely stay, weather was perfect & the hotel is in walking distance to everything in the city.
    • Premier Twin Room

Could have a better coffee in the rooms. You have Vittoria Coffee in your coffee machines but in the sachets in the rooms it's Moccona or Aurora. Disappointed should stick with Vittoria ONLY.

I loved that it was in walking distance to everything.

Good location, clean rooms, quite big.
    • Premier Room

Not sure if they were short staffed but every time we sat in the bar area we were largely ignored. I had to go up to the bar and order myself on several occasions even though they said it was table service. This happened twice in the evening and again the next morning.

Good location, clean rooms, quite big.

A busy weekend in the city which was made wonderful by the fabulous accommodation!
    • Atrium room

Scanner in the lift was a bit finicky with reading the room cards. We used the lifts eight times and each time we shared with different people; and each time someone had trouble scanning their cards.

The room was large and well appointed, and the bathroom clean and well stocked! The bed was very comfortable and we could barely hear the air-conditioning. Street noise was non-existent! All in all, great value and we will definitely stay there again!

Best experience

Nothing in particular.

The location, the neatness, courteous and friendly staff, great breakfast. Overall I would rate Radisson as one of the best hotels I have experienced so far with uniformity across various cities.

Fantastic however breakfast management & layout needs an overhaul
    • Premier Twin Room

Breakfast was one of the worst I've had. I never mind a queue and am patient during busy periods however much of the hot food was unavailable for a long time, sausages & bacon were under-cooked, coffee had to be asked for twice and then was cold and the layout of having to reach through peoples legs to get a plate was very disruptive and unexpected. Such a shame as I couldn't fault the rest of my stay

Friendly staff, clean comfortable room & lovely bar area Was very pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade which was fantastic

Beautiful property with friendly staff
    • Premier Room

The room was beautifully presented. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even when our flight was delayed and we didn't get to check in until 11:30 pm

It was ok
    • Atrium room

I saw the photos on booking.com and booked the room and when i checked in the room was not at all like the one shown on booking.com. Complained to the manager and he started explaining that this is the best room we have and people specially ask for this room. Room was much smaller and cramped.

Make sure you see the room before you put in your luggage as room showed on booking.com can be misleading

Very nice hotel in great location
    • Atrium room

The air conditioner in my room kept cutting out. I had to open the door of the room to get it to kick on.

Excellent hotel in a great location. I stay here often for business - the rooms are modern & very functional. The bathroom was clean & bright & the shampoo, etc. were very good quality as were the towels. TV was right in front of the bed & easy to use.

Staycation in the city
    • Premier Twin Room

Breakfast buffet was a bit chaotic in that it was a long wait and overcrowded. Alternative to take food into lobby restaurant was offered and accepted. Food choice and quality was excellent.

Very convenient location and nicely appointed rooms. Spa facilities very relaxing for a winter getaway.

Great location!!
    • Premier Room

Late night service- not that great.

It was close to Circular Quay and everything else. Central location. Rooms were clean and had everything you needed. The staff were attentive upon arrival.

Great stay for business - Not so much for leisure.
    • Atrium room

The lady Fairfax restaurant wasn't big enough to seat guests and some guests were made to stand and wait until a table became available. This made uncomfortable for us whilst we were eating breakfast as it made us feel as though we had to rush and move on.

Express checkout was very helpful when the lobby was busy with guests checking in.

A very pleasant stay
    • Premier Room

Price of parking was $75.00 and you can park less than 500 meters away for $24.00 for 24 hours securely.

The staff were very helpful and the room was great.

Perfect location.

Nil

Perfect location... central to city, harbour and transport. Excellent facilities, lovely staff, spotless rooms and bedding. Loved the greeting at the door on arrival and impressed by the way the gentleman whisked our luggage out of hands. Definitely stay there again.

The property was conveniently located within walking...
    • Premier Twin Room

The property was conveniently located within walking distance to circular quay and the shopping centre. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids loved the pool, spa and gym. The breakfast selection was extensive and delicious. We have stayed at this property several times and will again.

Loved our city short stay and Radisson.
    • Atrium room

Hotel meets all your needs. Robes, iron, bath, toiletries, nice linen.

Excellent facility and great value for a CBD hotel. Quiet and private. Very impressed.

Lovely
    • Premier Twin Room

Room was pretty small, appreciate a wider space.

Children liked the lights in the rooms, the staff were very helpful, my daughter liked the design of the entrance to the hotel. Had an emergency and got very helpful and prompt response.

Very comfortable and sensational staff.
    • Premier Twin Room

Lots of business people having conferences in the lobby - not great when travelling with young children.

Very luxurious for the price it was. We enjoyed our stay and found the staff to be great. The breakfast selection was amazing and plenty of variety.

Weekend stay in the city
    • Premier Room

The location! Exactly what i was looking for, as my boyfriend and I were in the city for a bucks/hens and it was the perfect location. Beautiful room, free upgrade to king bed was a lovely surprise.

Radisson Blu Plaza brilliance

Nothing it was great!

Breakfast and the employees, the location and the facilities are all excellent! Great value for money too. We highly recommend and the kids are begging to book our next stay.

The staff were genuinely friendly and seemed like they loved...
    • Premier Room

The pillows were too soft

The staff were genuinely friendly and seemed like they loved doing their job. Couldn’t speak more highly about them. Very polite And made you feel very special

Watch you payments being processed
    • Atrium room

Unfortunately the receptions staff let us down on this visit. I upgraded the room prior to arrival with the reception staff for quoted via email for $45.00. On arrival the person checking in insuated the upgrade was now free. Then at check out the reception staff charged me $130.00 without mentioning if for an upgrade. When we sorted it out they said they refunded on my card, advised in 24 hours it would be back in my account and 3days later, I am still waiting for the funds. I know it can partially be the bank however it should of not even occurred. Shame about the charging of my card without discussion as I'm reluctant to go back

The hotel does not have the normal overpriced room deposit which is a plus. The doorman, valet staff are the absolute highlight, very funny gentlemen and their customer service is phenomenal made stressful city parking so easy with humor and charm. Great in a double queen bed room.

Best hotel experience in my life.
    • Premier Room

For the first time ever, I can not come with anything critical to say about a hotel !

This hotel is awesome. From the moment you walk through the door you get a five star experience. Every single staff member is operating at peak hospitality. Amazing place. Best hotel I've visited in my 50 years on the planet.

Great place for anniversary
    • Premier Room

room was great, we had breakfast in the business lounge which had a good selection and avoided all the crowds downstairs. We choose to eat at Bentleys restaurent which on the Saturday night had a 5 or 8 course dinner matched with win. Very enjoyable.

Everything was great.
    • Premier Room

Apart from one long black hair left hanging off the face washers and a few hairs on the shower wall everything was amazing.

Everything was great. Joseph on the door in particular was incredible. He should get massive praise for his commitment and dedication to giving exceptional customer service.

Fabulous weekend in a very professional run hotel.
    • Atrium room

Checking out .would have liked to stay longer

The total experience exceeded our expectations,from the time we booked in till the time we left the whole experience was fabulous, the staff were very professional in all our dealings ,the room was very clean,quiet and had a great feeling about it .

The staff were very helpful and eager to please.
    • Premier Room

There was a payment issue, overcharged but it was sorted quickly and we were reimbursed immediately.

The staff were very helpful and eager to please. The stay is close to Circular Quay and that was fantastic.

Would stay again and wholeheartedly recommend
    • King Room with Business Lounge Access

Our room only had views of neighbouring buildings but not every hotel can have spectacular views in all rooms

Highly recommend getting a room with business lounge access. The staff and concierge were faultless and catered to every need we had no matter how big or small. The heated indoor pool, plus jacuzzi and steam room were also heavenly.

Excellent all round hotel for a Sydney stay
    • Premier Room

Delighted with my decision to stay in this hotel for our 6 nights in Sydney while on holiday. The location is excellent. A short walk to Circular Quay where many attractions and transport options are. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Shower pressure was excellent, the mattress was comfortable, the room was spacious and the staff were very helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Lovely but won’t pay that again
    • Atrium room

It cost a little to much with breakfast and parking. By the time you pay $30 breakfast and $57parking and $308 for the room it’s too much. Almost $500 a night. That’s way too much.

The friendliness& professional ism of the staff nothing...

Only stayed 1 night!!

The friendliness& professional ism of the staff nothing seemed too difficult. The room was clean & the bed was very comfortable.

A wonderful stay; a return stay will be a must
    • Premier Twin Room

The level of service from staff was phenomenal. Facilities were great and the room was spacious, clean and a relaxing place to lay our heads at the end of the day.

I have chosen to stay here several times and can happily say that each time is perfect.

Can't think of anything.

It was a very noisy night outside in the street but the room was so well insulated that we slept soundly without any disturbance.

New, modern, clean, well-designed
    • Premier Room

Noise from the corridor and neighbor rooms (kids were crying, someone was nauseous in the next room, people were outside of my window sitting and cleaning, looking through the glass and waving to me in the morning). I was flying for 25 hours, had a jet leg, just wanted to sleep in calm, nice hotel... but the noise was to load and room had poor sound anisotropy. I told this to the manager on the reception but he just ignored it. :(

New, modern, clean, well-designed

I loved the location so close to everything.
    • Premier Room

I loved the location so close to everything. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable the pillows were so fluffy and soft I would have liked to bring 2 home The shower is heaven . And the staff where very friendly and Obliging . I would Highly recommend the Raddison Blue 👍

Fantastic stay, Amenities, building & cleanliness were all great. Pillows were far too soft however
    • Premier Room

The pillows provided are horribly unsupportive, need to be much firmer. Other than that the rest was A+.

Fantastic hotel and room. Was in town during Vivid so this was a fantastic location during the Festival. Fast check in, grand building, very competitive pricing for the Sydney CBD on a Saturday night. They also threw in a free room upgrade which was a pleasant surprise. Bathroom size was fantastic.

Great place to stay in Sydney CBD
    • Premier Room

A couple of small things... In a room for 2 guests the was only 2 bathrobe. Also, having at least 1 butterknife would be nice.

Good location, good security, very attentive staff

A pleasant stay had at Raddison Blu; try it, you’ll love it!
    • Atrium room

Price of buffet breakfast steered us away from enjoying this experience.

Great location only 5 - 10 min walk to main attractions and Pitt Street shops. The staff were friendly and helpful and had a good knowledge of the area. Rooms were very stylish, spacious clean and comfortable.

Wonderful, quiet, perfect location, excellent service!
    • Premier Room

Wish we'd known about the pillow selection. Missed out on that.

The minute we walked in the professionalism and generosity of the staff was evident. Every single person we spoke to was lovely. The buffet breakfast was good and well worth the money. The location is perfect and within walking distance of everything. It's a gorgeous building and was very quiet during our stay despite a festival happening. Had a chance to wander around the hotel admiring the history and surroundings. We will definitely be staying here again!

Just did above 👆
    • Premier Twin Room

Nothing, everything was great!

It was so amazing form the time we arrived to departed. From bellman to front desk to breakfast area staff was so amazing. Really comfy, perfect location to go and everywhere, sightseeing to shopping. Breakfast is awesome will Not be disappointed even if you are vegetarian! Will definitely stay and recommend to people!

Will definitely return
    • Premier Room

I booked for a trip to visit. Upon checking in I was advised I had been upgraded to a King deluxe room. The room was gorgeous. Clean and so nice. Bathroom facilities were also clean. Will definitely return.

Very good hotel close to Opera house etc analso to public transport (train) to the airport
    • Premier Room

When we asked at the reception if there is a coffee maker in the room, they said no but it was there. I am not sure if the clerk didnt know or tried to sell us a breakfast.

Welcome, quite in the room, coffee maker, nice swimming pool , gym , spa

Great location. Great service. Great Hotel.
    • Atrium room

Great service. Attentive and prompt service. Upgraded to the business class lounge and enjoyed coffee all day, drinks and canapes in the evening and a full buffet breakfast in the morning. The staff were genuine and caring. couldn't recommend the hotel more highly.

Good hotel in a good location
    • Premier Room

Maintenance on the water system left us without hot water for 2hrs i know this cant be avoided but still a nuisance and i did not appreciate the two $5 charges for using a MasterCard!

Staff were lovely and the room was big

Good location.
    • Premier Room

Feel a bit of stuffy in the room. It would be better if there is a small window so that the flesh air can come in.

Good location. There are excellent restaurants around.

As usual everything was absolutely excellent and have no...
    • Premier Room

As usual everything was absolutely excellent and have no complaints at all. Staff are friendly and beds/pillows are delightful. This place is close to everything in the city which is handy too.

Great relaxing stay.
    • Premier Room

Dislike was having to leave.

Reception staff are very friendly and the Concierge couldn't help us enough , can't wait to go back , great team .Business lounge very comfortable and well stocked with food and beverages. Very Comfortable bed and good size bath as well.

• Premier Room

The room is missing basic amenities common to most hotels, the staff on the front desk are rude, a false fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and the cancellation message was louder, longer and more disruptive

The room is ok

We had a great stay. The staff were excellent and very attentive. Would definitely recommend.
    • Premier Room

Everything was great there is nothing I find fault with

We had a lovely room which was very quiet. Bed was really comfortable and room spacious. Staff were excellent could not fault the service we received

• Premier Room

Check in is impersonable and no recognition of returning customers Bar menu limited Rate is high slightly overpriced

Location and concierge staff add a smile to your day !

The best hotel service we have had in years!
    • Premier Twin Room

Exceptional service and quality. Best we have had in years! Staff so friendly with the kids. We were greeted by all the staff and they were helpful throughout our entire stay at the hotel. Hotel rooms were of a high quality. We were very impressed with our stay at the Radisson Blu.

Hard to figure out access - the hotel didnt advise me that...
    • King Room with Business Lounge Access

Hard to figure out access - the hotel didnt advise me that valet parking was not just offered, but essential as there is no access to the carpark for guests. Made it a bit stressful to locate where to actually pull up when we arrived. Otherwise, hotel was lovely and in a great spot.