Reviews of Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square 4.5 stars

255 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#26 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

• Double Studio

Infortunatrly there was a smell coming up through the drains in the early morning.

Location was perfect for shopping and sightseeing. Kitchenette had a microwave oven and the shower was a good size. Heritage aspects of the building are charming eg the library and light fittings.

• Double Studio

Room a little noisy, didn't like room service banging on door at 8.15am to service room.

Great breakfast. Excellent value and great location. 2mins to the train. Very clean and majestic building.

• Double Studio

I had to sleep on the couch as the remote for the tv in the bedroom did not work. There were no instructions for using the coffee machine, so I couldn't use it. The washing machine had an "Out of Order" sign. Not a good feel in the hotel.

• Double Studio

The room we were in had an adjoining room and we could hear the people in staying that room.

I loved the charm of the historic building. Everything was great the location, the staff, the room, and the bed was comfortable.

• Double Studio

Parking was expensive and difficult. $70 for two nights...that would feed our family for half a week! Ridiculous.

Beautiful Art Deco building and lovely large windows and amazing location. Rooms were small, but comfortable.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Great value spacious CBD Apartment Easy location to walk around Brisbane Lovely room overlooking ANZAC Square Spotlessly clean, quiet, comfortable Super friendly helpful staff

• Double Studio

only valet parking at ($35) , elevators shut down, had a sign on Elevators, to use fire door, but not good enough to find way out or a sign to show way it was the Fire Exit not the fire door to find another way out, spent 10 minutes trying to find a way out with luggage. controls in room where not clearly marked. no view from window, would not open.

position was good for our needs , room small but comfortable, , Bed comfortable, Staff Friendly,

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The lifts were non operational in the evening. No room service facilities. Couldn’t locate a reception number for contact in the room.

Staff were professional.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

While it was fine for me, the shower over the bath would be a problem for some. A disppointment for me was that, by booking through Booking.com, I was not eligible for the Velocity points that I would have accrued had I booked directly with the hotel.

The staff were excellent: efficient but pleasant and personable. The location, across the road from Central Sation and ten minutes walk from Queen St Bus station, was excellent. The room was spacious and had everything I needed. The bed was very comfortable. I had a room overlooking Anzac Square, as requested, and it was completely quiet.

• Double Studio

Being able to open windows to get fresh air, but then it's not 'fresh' in the city, so maybe not ideal, and would've been noisy.

Within walking distance of City Hall and CBD, very handy. Had trouble parking the car as the loading bay was full and we wanted to get our gear out of the car, so went to desk to tell them and that was soon sorted, thanks.

• Double Studio

The staff were very helpful and the location couldn’t be better if arriving from the airport by train. Wonderfully Central for restaurants, cafes, the gardens, shopping, river etc etc. A spacious room too.

• Double Studio

We had a studio room and it was a bit a the really small side. However it was ideal for our weekend needs.

The location was ideal. Opposite Central Station and short walk to the mall.

• Double Studio

Cannot for the life of me understand why Berkleys is not open for dinner. I have stayed here in the past and eaten dinner at Berkleys... Thought it was very good. Having the restaurant / bar in darkness gives the impression that you are in receivership?

Proximity to CBD and public transport Love the heritage feel

• Double Studio

We stayed in a studio room and it was the smallest that I have ever stayed in.

The location was great. Close to the Mall and opposite Central station.

• Double Studio

Noisy...we can hear the noises down the street. Windows should be sound proof at least. Didnt sleep much because of it.

Room was nice and tidy. Bed was comfortable.

• Double Studio

It is an apartment hotel of a good standard and with great staff

Directly opposite Central station in the centre of the city and close to excellent shopping , buses and 10 mins walk from Rivercat ferry service.

• Double Studio

I was a little disappointed to see you had Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon for $16.00 when I had paid for the buffet and I am only a One plate Girl anyway (discount mind you $15.00) ... BUT the Bennie was only $16.00 :-( Oh well ,next time I'll check it out before I book Buffet ;-)

All good. Bed as expected for a high class hotel ;-)

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

The out dated decor, the attitude of the staff at check in and departure, the poor quality bed and the internal noise all night from outside our room

The cleanliness of this property was outstanding. The location was good

• Double Studio

There are several steps to enter the hotel. On checkout we both had heavy suitcases. There were 3 staff members of which 2 were male yet no one offered us any help to take our cases down the stairs.

Comfortable room. Excellent location.

• Double Studio

Each time I have stayed, the staff are so friendly. I also feel safe and comfortable while travelling alone. It’s straight across the road from the Central train station - so easy for travel. And I have always been within walking distance for work events.

• Double Studio

Breakfast buffet was quite average. But we orderrd fresh poached eggs which were delicious

Location. We went across the road to central for airport train.

• Double Studio

The horrendously strong, just been cleaned, revolting chemical smell in lift foyer. Seriously way too much chemicals used!

Honest room, nothing fancy just clean comfortable room. Excellent staff.

• Double Studio

The first room I was put in was like a prison cell, just awful and I am astonished you’d expect anyone to stay in what was a noisy poorly lit room, took me 2 mins to decide I’d not stay, 1004 avoid.

• Double Studio

Pillows could have been better. Staff did offer to bring another.

Great location. Across the road from Central Station. Two blocks from Queens street mall. Valet parking. Good size rooms.

As above

Breakfast expensive and what you got compered to a short walk to other close venues where you had choice. Bar closed at Adina where other close venues noisy and unannounced closing times.

• Double Studio

Location was amazing! We stayed overnight so we could attend the ANZAC Dawn Service the following morning, which was located right next door. Hotel was very clean and staff were friendly.

• Double Studio

The room was dusty expect for the easily accessible places. The aircon filter hadn't been cleaned in a while.

It's a self sufficient apartment with all modern amenities. And everything works! It's located right next to the Central Station and is easily accessible by all modes of transport. The 24hr reception is courteous and helpful. We were impressed!

• Double Studio

Limited facilities with regard to eating options. No in room mini bar and a very limited room service menu made it difficult for a female alone. I enjoyed the full dining experience of previous stays at this address.

Quiet very comfortable and great location.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Flat rate breakfast was unfair as my partner had continental but we ended up paying for full breakfast. Good to have different breakfast rate to choose when less expensive outlets close by nearby.

• Double Studio

The breakfast was poor. Warmed tomatoes, colourless sausages, one type of egg, no mushrooms and no pastries. I appreciate that this hotel doesn't have a formal restaurant, but it is important to at least get breakfast right.

The staff were excellent. Friendly, polite, and helpful. The bed was really comfortable and the room was nice and clean.

• Double Studio

I came away with insect bites on my arm and lower legs after just one night. I had no other opportunity for exposure than the room. I will take that up directly with the hotel as it might well have been from one previous occupant.

A comfortable room in a good location for CBD activities and ideal to get the AirTrain connection to the airport - discount tickets available from reception.

• Double Studio

Parking around the area was quite expensive and to use hotel parking was also expensive

The people were friendly and were happy to make changes to make your stay more pleasant

• Studio

Early morning coffee available? I don't think the restaurant opened before 8am.

We had a problem and "Andrew" the Manager was able to rectify the problem professionally. The room was lovely and clean. Short walking distance to the Brisbane Mall.

It was all good.

It was interesting and relaxing, well priced and handy to everything. I loved the furnishings! It was a lovely surprise for me. I felt safe there too.

• Double Studio

Why were we not given the nicer room to start with? We would have been quite happy to have paid the difference if we had have been given the option.

We requested a room with 2 single beds at the last minute because my daughter was staying the night with me. The room was sub standard and an annex off a larger room. I was disappointed but was told that it was at a reduced rate I was happy with that. After we had settled for the night a dripping tap was becoming extremely irritating so after a call to reception Carlos immediately moved us to a much nicer room where we had a very comfortable and peaceful sleep. Thank you Carlos, you are awesome.

• Special Offer - One-Bedroom Apartment

Great location directly opposite Central Station with fantastic rooms done as part of the old building. Easy walk to shopping on the Queen Streeet Mall and the riverside precinct. A good place to base yourself to look around Brisbane CBD.

• Double Studio

It would have been nice to have an in-room mini-bar for a quick refreshment pre-dinner or a nightcap after returning to the hotel, rather than having to call down to the front desk or go to the front desk to purchase it.

A very handy location for city attractions and close to central station and other forms of public transport. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. A great place to stay for a city sleepover.

• Double Studio

Instead of replacing bath gel, doubled up on body balm which i didnt need. Toilet roll and towel rack in inconvenient spots in bathroom. Dryer difficult to get working properly. All minor things in a wonderful stay overall

The bed super cosy, room dark and quiet, reception staff amazinggg Stoked with my free room upgrade!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

extremely close to railway station historical anzac square rooms had all the amenities staff was very friendly spacious rooms and neat bathrooms

• Double Studio

A knock on the door at 9:20 am on our last morning, from house-keeping, with an 11 am checkout was a little disturbing

Nice staff at reception, quick and straightforward check-in and check-out. Everything in the room was excellent.

• Double Studio

Could have used wall outlets that were easier to get to, for plugging in a laptop computer, etc.

Comfortable, roomy and great location. Not entirely modern, but charming.

• Double Studio

The air con was really hot and not refreshing at all. The tap in the bathroom was tight so each time you turned it on it sprayed everywhere.

Great location. Walking distance to everything we needed.

• Double Studio

If you wished to stay in there was not a great selection of TV stations to choose from.

The location, just a short walk from the city centre. Just what I wished for! Unit was well set out and comfortable.

• Double Studio

The housekeeping staff banging on the door next to mine and shouting loudly -when I was still sleeping. And then doing the same to me before check out time because someone had decided that I was an early check out.

It suited me because I have stayed there before on a number of occasions and it was 5 minutes from where I had to work

• Double Studio

Stayed for 2 nights with a "do not disturb" sign out until 10:45am on Day 1. When we returned at 4 pm the room had not been cleaned and we were only able to get fresh towels, on request, as housekeeping had "closed".

Room was quiet with everything that we needed, except the room being cleaned.

• Double Studio

Nothing in the mini Bar. Not even biscuits with the tea.

Great location. Very welcoming. Good sized apartment. Excellent. They upgraded me without asking and the did it again.

• Double Studio

I usually book an Apartment Hotel as they are bigger (we were travelling with two large suitcases). Our room was a standard size hotel room that had a small kitchen and a desk squeezed in. Hard to store our suitcases. Comfy bed.

Excellent location opposite central station (trains to the airport and Gold Coast). Good price. Friendly staff.

• Double Studio

The air conditioning control prob needs to be updated.. it was not clear whether I was heating or cooling until things were running for a while. And there was no bin in the room!

The shower was awesome! There is nothing worse than a lame shower in a hotel room. Everything was really good, but the shower made everything better!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Room is small but enough for a short stay and well equipped. Missing coffee plunger which is important!

Great location opposite central station. Walking distance e to shops and restaurants.

• Double Studio

The hotel is very tired and old so didn't feel entirely clean and comfortable. The beds are small and pillows are squishy. Way too expensive for what we got. Very small room and tired bathroom. No mini bar. Only a couple of tea bags as the tea and coffee supplies did not appear to have been topped up. One of the milk containers was opened before we arrived so had to get it replaced.

Quick and friendly check in, car check-in and check out.

• Double Studio

Some noisy and thoughtless guests speaking at top voices outside in hallway before 6am on weekend morning, waking us up.

Clean, vintage. Pleasant staff and good facilities. Special price for breakfast was a great bonus too.

• Double Studio

Good sized room. Handy to have a microwave. Location is great right being opposite the main Brisbane Central train station, and 5 minute walk to city mall shops, major department stores, restaurants, and cafes.

• Double Studio

Bed was extremely uncomfortable. I also stayed an additional 2 nights for personal reasons and the bed was much more comfortable but the shower leaked all over the floor as it does not seal properly. Bins were not big enough and we ran out of toilet paper that was not replaced by a room service it took an hour and a half to get more toilet paper and 2 reminders then they screwed the paper up and threw it on the bathroom bench. I also bought a train ticket from reception and they neglected to tell me Central Station had line maintenance and was closed!

Location was great

• Double Studio

Incredibly conveniently located directly across the street from Central Station, this gem has comfortable rooms, clever in-room dining, delicious breakfast, and superb staff. A fantastic choice for the CBD, especially when needing to come and go from the train station.

• Double Studio

Room was dark with no desk lamp or lighting over desk. No power points near desk to plug in laptop to do work. I was there for business so this was a concern. Secure parking was not on site so not easy to access car. Carrying luggage up front steps difficult. Food ordered was not correct order when delivered.

Location was convenient,

Nothing at all

Clean, quiet and enjoyable experience after a long hard week of work. Staff are young, friendly and efficient in all aspects of our dealings with them. Will be back

• Double Studio

Front desk staff were very helpful in rectifying an issue which could have detracted from our comfort level. Their contribution to the "fix" was very much appreciated.

• Double Studio

The wifi is free, but the speed of wifi is REALLY SLOW. The room(with two single beds) is pretty small, the air conditioner works not very well but with big noise which even influented my sleep. The water tap is not easy to control. Even with such good location, not worth that much money.

The location is really good, close to supermarkets, coffee shop, etc. The staff is also really nice and helpful.

Nothing at all

Everything was excellent - quick check-in - quiet room - large bath - air con not too hot or cold - dark curtains kept out the light. My traveling companion made the comment that everything was excellent and we should come back.

• Double Studio

The attitude of the reception desk person who informed us when we were checking out that she required us to pay an extra $3 as we had been under charged that amount when we paid on checking in. After what had been a great stay, we left with a very sour taste in our mouths, wondering whether we would stay there again. What a shame - all over $3!

The location was great, the staff who greeted us on arrival were friendly and very helpful.

• Studio

Because of location it was a bit noisy. A room overlooking the park instead of the street might be quieter. We had requested an early check in and our room was ready on our arrival at 11am.

Easy walking distance to river. Our studio room was a bit small but had everything we needed. Great shower. You can order a $10 “box breakfast” with cereal, juice , fruit and granola bar for a quick and easy start to the day.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

The environmental comfort was off. There was a constant uncomfortable humidity within the room. It contribute to a not so great night sleep. Also had to park elsewhere from the hotel as there was not enough parking.

General appearance and room facilities

• Double Studio

No I really enjoyed my stay and would come back again

Very clean and quiet, staff were attentive and friendly. A short walk to Queen St and also to the college I was attending. I would definitely stay here again.

• Double Studio

Nothing in the minibar, but a mini bar price list was out on the bench. The TV channels in the lounge didn't match the TV channels in the bedroom. We were unable to conitnue watching a movie in bed. Only a minor thing, but weird!

Great location, clean spacious rooms. Was offered a late checkout without asking for it.

• Special Offer - One-Bedroom Apartment

I needed to prepare a special meal for medical reasons and booked this hotel because it had cooking facilities. However, there was very little to cook with. The frying pan did not heat properly, and the one saucepan was huge and would not fit with the frying pan on the two hot plates at the same time. There was no microwave dish, no cutting board, no dishwasher; a dish drainer would have been helpful. The sharp knife was small and blunt and the cutlery knives more so.

This property has a great location if your activities are in the Brisbane CBD

• Special Offer - One-Bedroom Apartment

Our one bedroom apartment had no doors to close off bedroom from living area. Sofa was uncomfortable without plenty of pillows.

Close to Queen St mall. Lovely older building. Clean and well maintained. Bed was very comfortable.

• Double Studio

A ramp at the entrance to get into the Hotel. Fortunately, one of your Staff did help us and lift our bags up to the floor level.

The Bed was comfy and the room was exceptionally clean. I can't comment on Room Service as it was not applicable. I just think that the 'directions to get the Hotel' could simply read, 'Directly opposite Central Station' Brisbane, and it would save a lot of confusion I feel this would help overseas and interstate travellers who know nothing about the Brisbane area. Even if they could just tell their Taxi Driver, Opposite Central Station it would, in my opinion, save a lot of confusion about how to find your Hotel. Thank You.

• Special Offer - One-Bedroom Apartment

Room smelled a bit musty on entry

Location next to Central Station made for easy stroll to cbd and an easy trip to bne airport. Staf was friendly and helpful

• Double Studio

I understand that a bed is a personal choice. For me it was a little hard, however, it was okay for my husband.

The location is opposite Central Railway Station and only one block from the Queen Street Mall. Also, there was enough milk provided in the fridge, not the small pods provided in other accommodation.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel is beautifully maintained the apartment was super clean, there was an issue with the air conditioning on my 2nd day, it was attended to immediately and they moved me to another all within 20 mins of my call to the front desk

• Double Studio

Without prejudice The hotel requests a credit card which is 'normal'. They then take $1 from your account. When you leave, they don't return it. Second time for me and I did not use any of the services. Air conditioning was noisy for me. Asked for an early morning call but did not receive it.

Gentleman who came to sort out iron was polite. Generally reception was courteous.

Can't think of anything

We booked this as it was opposite Central station and we were getting train to Brisbane and then to airport 2 days later. That was our main criteria but the hotel exceeded our expectations. The room was good and hotel was central to everywhere we wanted to go in Brisbane. It was good value as well. Will definitely stay there again if we go back to Brisbane.

• Double Studio

The carpet in the room was dirty, the smell in the bedside drawers made you do not open them again or put anything in them, a hard bed, the light from the entrance door that was seen under the rather disturbing door, the very small space where you could put your clothes on the hangers, and it was full of ironing board, pillows and blanket.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

This isn't a 5 star hotel, but doesn't try to masquerade as one. For the price paid, the room was excellent. Kitchenette, washing machine, separate bathroom/bedroom/lounge areas. The air conditioning was powerful.

• Double Studio

The light coming from the electronic clock and red dot from the TV disturbed my sleep.

Having something like a small kitchen. Seems more like home setting than a hotel room.