Reviews of Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough 4.5 stars

The Esplanade, Scarborough, 6019 Perth, Australia

#41 of 108 hotels in Perth

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

We had a great short stay and we would stay there again.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

The pool was cold which was a bit of a bummer as it is a big feature of the hotel. They blamed the solar power as it wasn't sunny but they used to use back up heating. It's obviously a cost saving thing.

The room was nice with a great view. Breakfast at the buffett was also very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful too. It has definitely improved since our last stay there. Parking is also very easy and priced well.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

awesome place to stay near the beach
    • Guest Room King

the cupboard door was a little broken and made a horrible sound when opening it. the main door to the beach was broken and we had to walk around to get inside the hotel. there was no sign to say it was broken or where to go

We got in late and the lovely lady at the reception gave our son some bubbles to use in the bath. The receptionist was very inviting and friendly. The cot was ready and set up when we arrived. Room serviced was delivered quick and the room had an awesome view. Very very happy

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Disappointing.
    • Guest Room King

Disappointed! Our bathroom was full of mould and the pool was closed for half the time we were there. When we did get into the pool area it was extremely dated. Our car pass was only validated for half our stay and we had to revalidate it. The automatic doors beachside were also out of order for some of the time. Staff were friendly but not once apologised for any of the small inconveniences. Room was small and bed was not comfy.

Great location. Friendly waitstaff at straits cafe.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Nice stay
    • Deluxe Room King Beach Front

Nothing other than tea and coffee and an expensive minibar... quite an expensive room to not have anything else even on request a microwave would have been nice. Shame you had to pay extra for movies

Bed was comfy, big balcony and good selection of things to watch. Good location, close to nightlife and the cafe strip with some beautiful cafes. Everything you need is close by

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good stay but could be better
    • Guest Room King

Bed was quite hard and worst sleep I have had in years, was like sleeping in a concrete slab for 5 days. King size Bed was 2 x singles pushed together so had a big split in middle of bed which was very annoying.

Location was great, lots of good food and drink options nearby

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I would stay again as location can;t be beat and it was clean
    • Guest Room King

Concierge wasn't around when pulled up so wasn't sure what to do a bout parking - he did appear after a short wait. Something n the bed scratched so hard cut my partner's elbow. Reception at the café didn't bother to look up, so left and ate off premises

Pillows were fantastic - meant to find out what make. Shower power was fab. Bathroom very clean. view was amazing. late checkout for free to noon.

Babymoon
    • Club Room King

Last minute decision to have a night away before our baby arrives and we were very impressed with the value for money, staff, view, facilities and everything overall!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Overall very good
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

That the snack bar was so expensive

Would have been nicer if there was n bit of snacks included in the price rather than having such an expensive snack bar available

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The staff was very accomodating, my now fiancee proposed to...
    • Guest Room King

The staff was very accomodating, my now fiancee proposed to me in this hotel and they were very supportive of him with the arrangement. We are very thankful to all of them. :)

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

My son had a great time at the pool area.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Balcony glass door was dirty. Not sure if that is an effect of the sea breeze but definitely, the glasses did not look like they were sprayed/wiped with cleaning agents at all. Further, the pool doesn't have heater. I noticed only the kids stayed in longer and some brave adults who would try for few minutes then get out of the pool because water was just too cold. A heater could bring in more customers on colder days. Another, the swipe card was malfunctioning. It didn't frequently work in the elevators. I had to swipe it several times and even requested assistance from hotel staff twice. Also, we had to pay extra for the movie access, which was a drag. I'm not sure if it's a norm in Au, but I think tv viewing should be included already in the room rate.

My son had a great time at the pool area. Also, hotel is so near the beach so my son had a lot of options with his playtime. Our room had a good view of the ocean. The 24-hour service was also a delight. We did not worry about getting hungry towards midnight. We were also allowed to extend until 12 noon before checking out, which was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Car park was a nightmare, but hotel and location good.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Room 2108, 11th floor. People next door were smoking on the balcony. Not pleasant for us to have our door open to enjoy ocean views. Had difficulty exiting car park most days, because the ticket malfunctioned. Lastly but certainly not leastly was the fact our vehicle was damaged on the front Fender where it was sideswiped while parked against the grille on the north side of the carpark, and there was no cctv to support our claim.

It was nice
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Room service was average no sauce given for fries and no spoons for icecream, the $5 tray surcharge was a bit rich aswell.

The room was clean and comfortable. Reception staff very friendly and easy process

Pleasant
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

The bed and pillows were below average. No spare blanket, was cold in the room even though I put up the temperature of air conditioner

Should have stayed longer
    • Guest Room King

The staff were extremely friendly and professional. We were surprised at exactly how close to the beach we were as well. Perfect location to relax near good restaurants and cafes. Buffet breakfast at the hotel was amazing with a large variety of options.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Customer service, complimentary drink voucher for eco cleaning service given late at night with no time to use on checkout next morning, shouldn’t be a parking cost for guests.

View

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

An enjoyable stay, would recommend it!
    • Guest Family Room

A slightly bigger TV would have been nice! Would like to have been able to get Netflix etc on the TV

Wonderful breakfast Comfortable rooms Pool area lovely and relaxing Lovely to be at Scarborough beach - the foreshore now looks wonderful

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Busy long weekend. Clean, but not good for parking a 4WD. Felt invisible.
    • Guest Room King

Secure parking only accommodates vehicles lower than 1.9m. I drove 7 hours from Kalbarri, in our landrover, with roof rack. Very stressed to learn this limitation upon arrival. The booking.com website does not advise this information... also, I had requested 2 single beds (my adult daughter was joining me for a night), but I was given 1 king size bed. The room next to me was banging so hard on the wall (kids, I think/hope) that my bed was shaking. When I called reception and housekeeping to replenish teabags and milk, there was no answer. But I did have a call back at 7am Tuesday morning, when I was fast asleep 😬 I was in town solely for a specialist appointment and I don’t feel that this stay was conducive to easing my anxiety. (For the record, I am not a fussy/grumpy/annoying old person. I just wanted an easy stopover)...

Very Clean

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

I chose this location to relax on the beach and was not disappointed.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

A bottle of free water would have been nice.

Room was spacious and the view lovely. The staff are helpful and polite. Several places to choose to eat from and there is a small shopping centre close by. I spent a lot of time just relaxing on the beach watching the surfers. Lovely to see so many families enjoying the facilities along this stunning beach.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Fabulous staff, great food up at the club lounge.
    • Deluxe Room King Beach Front

Needs better signage from the front desk to the underground carpark.

Fabulous staff, great food up at the club lounge. View from 24th floor beautiful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great location, good breakfast downstairs, poor standard in the Club lounge, good pool.
    • Club Room King

The Club lounge was not as good as I hoped for. I asked for a drink and asked for a second drink to be brought at the same time and was declined. The food at the Club was not to my taste, I have been to other such Clubs at hotels in the city and the canapés were more varied. I just didn't feel comfortable on my own I suppose and it was difficult to find a cosy corner to sit in as a single woman ! It's a shame because the Club should be a special treat but it didn't feel that way to me.

The pool was good, the staff were lovely, I decided to have breakfast downstairs the next morning and it was very good. The staff were attentive.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Everything met my expectations.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Everything met my expectations. Even an unfortunate event by another guest that led to the flooding of the floor I was on was handled smoothly and efficiently by all the staff and management. I was very impressed by their professionalism.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

There is so much going for the hotel, but sadly it needs an upgrade to live up to the cost per night
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

For the price we paid I expected gowns and slippers in the wardrobe. The dining room carpets needed A vacuum, and there was no salt and pepper on the table.

Easy access to the beach and restaurants and no noise from noisy restaurants in your room, so huge plus :)

never again
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

no smoking on balcony and camera out there so invadion of privacy . and furniture all chipped , took an hr to get luggage andextra blanket not happy

very outdated and needs modenising

Never staying there again or using Booking.com again (for above reason)
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Dated decore , dirty toilet facilities in lobby, over-priced parking, over-priced food Also booking.com doesn’t pay Australian Tax Also booking.com is an overseas company so profit doesn’t stay in Australia (15% of charges for booking.com go overseas) Will never use Booking.com again (let’s see if this is published honestly)

For this ocean view, the value was fantastic.
    • Guest Room King

Parking arrangements a bit confusing - not really aware of where to park or how to find the hotel car park until you actually check in.

Spectacular views over the ocean and town. Walking distance to all restaurants and beachfront. Quite a bonus considering our late booking.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

It was good
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

The room we had was on the 19th floor. Part of the corridor was being painted so not too aesthetic. The room we had was good size but very poorly lit, the area for sitting had no overhead lights and no lamp so a dead space at night as you can’t read or write. Only lights were one overhead near door, x2 bedside lamps and a reading lamp at the desk. The bathroom light was not in the bathroom ???? But at the entrance....ridiculous design oversite on both counts. Could have had a sofa added in the space so you can relax and spread out as well as use the two bucket chairs. I didn’t like the fact that the $100 bond is only returned between 3-5 working days...this was not stated at check in.

I rang on the morning of check in to ask for earlier check in for 1pm rather than 3 pm and this was accommodated. The room we had was on the 19th floor as I had booked a King suite with an ocean view.. View was wonderful.....bed was comfortable, room was clean. Breakfast buffet was good. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Perfect Location !!
    • Club Room King

Everything was perfect !!

I couldn't be more happy with my stay at Rendezvous Scarborough. The staff were awesome. They fulfilled my every request. Food and drinks were amazing. Room was perfect. Very happy overall 😊 will be returning soon..

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The bed and the location by the ocean.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Room service was advised at taking over an hour, so I had to go out and get dinner elsewhere. WiFi didn't work. The light bulb in the bedside lamp had blown and wasn't replaced.

The bed and the location by the ocean.

Friendly staff and great location
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Breakfast selection was good but need an additional hot drinks machine as there was a large queue. Car parking should be free to guests

Friendly staff and great location

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

didnt try any food this time, the whole area has really made...
    • Guest Family Room

the shower was very poor, beds was ok woke up with sore back

didnt try any food this time, the whole area has really made this hotel a great place to come for what scarbs now has to offer

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The pool and spa pool were like - 3 degrees they told us the...
    • Guest Room King

The pool and spa pool were like - 3 degrees they told us the spa pool was 25 degrees no way maybe the staff should have tried to get in there a spa pool should never be that cold

The breakfast was marvelous, lots of variety.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

I just feel like the hotel needs to be renovated for the 21st century. The facilities are great however it just feels a little outdated.

The breakfast was marvelous, lots of variety. The staff were quite helpful, I asked for some toothbrushes to be brought to the room, however they never came. I mentioned it to the ladies at the front desk and she apologized and gave us some coffee vouchers.

It has a beautiful view.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

They didn’t clean the room properly. There is still sand in your room even though they already make up the room

It has a beautiful view. You can see a sunset from your balcony while taking a breathtaking picture

Clean with ocean views.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Kind bed was two singles pushed together and constantly rolled away from each other during the night. For $180 I would expect a real bed

Clean with ocean views. Staff assisted with express check out while counter staff were busy. Received service and room I would expect from a hotel this old.

Most everything.
    • Club Room King

The bathroom mirror etc is all damaged. Plus the vey plain wall on one side. Cheapened your lovely establishment.

Most everything. Love your Club Room area!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great value for money. Would highly recommend this hotel
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

I thought the Deluxe King Ocean facing room was what they call Beach facing room so was a touch disappointed that the view wasn't what I expected but over all I was still very happy with the room.

Everything was fantastic. Will definitely stay again

apart from the bed situation the hotel was ok
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

The bed was atrocious. two beds joined together that kept coming apart all night. the bed itself was very comfortable but having to push them together all night was not enjoyable and falling in between the gap woke up with a bad back. The water pressure in the shower was non existent and kept going cold

The locality was excellent. The staff were friendly

Unforgettable views
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Facilities within the complex could be improved in some areas, games room could do with a reno, perhaps creating a free games space with a board games (chess), a ping pong table etc. Pool is beautiful but it's a shame it can't be used at night.

Unforgettable views, absolutely stunning. Beautiful pool and surrounding eateries, beaches, park, bars accessible and affordable. Excellent staff, friendly, welcoming and helpful. Great room and bed is so comfortable.

Reason for staff score was due to my first contract on...
    • Guest Room King

Reason for staff score was due to my first contract on arrival with your front desk attendant. Although we had bookings, at first she was unable to find them and just kept saying "so sorry your booking is not here"......she was extremely unhelpful, she didn't seem to possess the qualities that a front desk staff member of a hotel should have. It wasn't until she called her manager that she was able to sort out the problem and finally get my work colleagues checked in. I then had issues with my room (first room I checked into was still dirty from previous guests!), she seemed short with me and although she did finally get me into a room that I was happy with, by then her face and attitude towards me was very negative. After that, I will add that I found all the other staff members to be Extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Wonderful stay great view of the beach very quite and the food at the restaurant and staff aweso
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

The argument over the free parking the receptionist would not stop arguing that I was wrong even though it was a part of our package $15 come on why argue you need to sort this out just ended the stay badly

The bed was a little hard but the room and view was great good value for money

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

What an awesome place to say.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

What an awesome place to say. Location is perfect. Large clean room. Breakfast was well presented with lots of choice. Staff were very friendly and willing to help with anything

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Lovely enjoyable long weekend
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Music a little bit loud on the weekend from the bar underneath

Great location within walking distance to restaurants bars beach.... big comfy bed and the best buffet breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Amazing view.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Parking is $15 a day (though I’m assuming this is a standard thing in Perth?) so staying for a week makes it a little expensive to park a car. Room service food not that great - no easy eating food like burgers after 10pm. Room could be a bit more self contained for people staying longer than 1-2 nights - microwave, toaster, plates would be very helpful.

Amazing view. Very clean and very nice bathroom. Bed was very large and comfortable. Very good location. Buffet breakfast 10/10. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Very quiet rooms - can’t hear people in other rooms and almost drowns out the sound of party music in streets below.

The views were good but the rooms were smelly and filthy.
    • Deluxe Room King Beach Front

We had to change rooms three times because they were all so unclean and disgusting. This was ever so hard to do late in the evening with a toddler. The standard of cleanliness in the rooms was terrible and they smelt absolutely horrendous.

The staff were friendly and the views were beautiful.

Apart from the awful noise making rest or sleep impossible,was quite enjoyable.
    • Guest Room King

The totally unexpected nightclub noise from down below at street level on the nights it is operating. I definetly believe that check in staff should advise you of this upon arrival and offer to move you to the other side of building where the nightclub noise is not a problem . The disjointed lift system from car park to lobby then another lift from lobby to rooms.

Awesome views, great beds,modern rooms, convenient location.

Enjoyed our stay. Staff made us welcome.
    • Guest Room King

First room dirty, frayed chairs and side of bed. Marks on walls. No ice in tray. Second room better but outside windows and walls dirty

Location. Friendly staff. View

Had an absolute ball! Cheeks are hurting from smiling so much

Another night ha ha 😂

The overall atmosphere was superb and location was easy to and from the city. Great for families, singles and couples. We had our anniversary and had been the best one yet!! Thank you so much!

Close to the beach- very convenient
    • Deluxe Family Room Ocean View

Breakfast chairs were so low that I was crouching my legs on the ground, just to sit and I'm not tall. The seat cushioning had also almost completely gone. Really need to change those chairs please. Didn't like how we needed to pay extra for Wifi ($20 for 3 days), needed to pay extra for a latte at breakfast ($5), needed to pay extra for parking ($15 per day).

This property is the closest hotel to the beach. I was about to book the new Ramada or Quest, but once there, I saw that the other properties are a bit far from everything. Glad we stayed here. We were also able to binge watch as many latest release movies as we could for 24 hours for $35. This was great for rainy days. The two king size beds in the one room, meant we could all comfortably fit.

Fantastic
    • Guest Room King

AddedBreakfast for this price would have been great 1 person 189$ surely breakfast could have been added And another blacker didn't sleep too cold needed an extra weight

It's great location for what I needed

Nightclub noise till midnight , kids screaming in the pool...
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Nightclub noise till midnight , kids screaming in the pool at 8 Am on Sunday morning ,filthy windows to interrupt the view , only two plain t bags and 1 milk , cracks in the ceiling , no bulb in one of the lamps

A great place to finish our two weeks in W.A.
    • Deluxe Family Room Ocean View

We liked everything.

The beds were very comfy. The view lookiing down on the Esplanade was awesome and the breakfast was to die for. All served on hot plates, fabulous.

Yoy questions are not always relevant.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

We got a view from our room as booked. The rest is inmaterial

Yoy questions are not always relevant. 2 night stay, family to dinner then off to Dongara. First leg of 5 weeks trip

Ocean View Delight
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Mixup with my account as charged for another guest's minibar. Took about 15 minutes to sort out as initially staff did not believe that I did not use minibar. Disappointing. Night I stayed had big winds of 120km. Nothing the hotel could do but there was a crack in the 20th floor west facing lobby window, so wind howling through. Made it difficult to sleep.

Location and level of room with view.

just next to beach, bus stop and coles ,convenient location.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

has to request toothpaste set and clean towels. no bathrobe. the room is not sound proof, loud noise can be heard from nearby property rooftop party.

just next to beach, bus stop and coles ,convenient location.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

One of the window looking out at the beach on the 22nd floor needs repair and the windows in the dining room needed cleaning. Advertise the maximum height in the parking lot.

The bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean. Nice view on the balcony. The buffet breakfast had a good selection

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

An excellent place to stay - reviewed by the Toad.

Nothing that stands out.

Always try & get a balcony room - can usually on "specials". Straits restaurant handy & good value. Staff very helpful & relaxed. Other restaurants close by & accessible.

Still OK for a weekend
    • Guest Room King

Winter not the best time to enjoy the hotel/beach. Room smelled - water on carpet from door being left open Noisy airconditioning

Good location, quiet (no traffic noise).

Book in Service excellent,beds very comfortable. We will stay again.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

We had an suv to tall for the car park. So our car had to be left at the front door for our stay.

We arrived at 3am in the morning off an international flight, the staff were friendly efficient and got us booked in and in our room very quickly. My wife and I appreciated that so much.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Everything!
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Everything! And I loved surprising my partner with the anniversary additions to the room. I really appreciate the staff for adding the special extra touches, thanks so much!!

Too expensive for what you get
    • Guest Room King

Very dated and needs renovations/restorations. Shower taps turned opposite to each other and my simple brain couldn’t understand how to work them e

Good bed

very bad bed
    • Club Room King

The two king singles kept separating even through we made two requested to staff to have this resolved very poor sleep and very uncomfortable spoiled a great weekend we had traveled from the east coast very disappointing,

The Dinning and the staff in Club Lounge on 25th Floor

Great place!
    • Guest Room King

The doors slamming from other rooms would shake my bed. I understand this is not the hotels fault though.

Clean rooms, great view, minibar selection, comfy bed, large tv, undercover parking. I would definitely stay again!

I’ve stayed in some beautiful places and can’t stop raving about them, this is NOT one of them. Sad
    • Guest Room King

Nothing. I wouldn’t go back unless I absolutely had to.

The hotel is very dated an tired. Cold, leaking conference rooms and bathroom facilities. Could hear other guests though walls (very uncomfortable) as our beds were also moving 😕. At times there were huge thuds that shook the building (felt like a wrecking ball had hit the building). The building needs to be pulled down and rebuilt..... just my opinion.

Conference Stay
    • Guest Room King

As I attended a conference the conference area was sadly not up to standard. There was a continuous banging in the roof that was not attended to over the 3 days. Buckets to collect water were found everywhere. One set of conference toilets should be a health hazard . In the bar where we sat there was water dripping on us.

Staying at the rendezvous
    • Guest Family Room

Although the booking was for two adults and a three year old. There was not cutlery, only two coffee cups, one uht milk. We made tea and coffee and my son was asking where his cup was. I think housekeeping should be mindful of the guest numbers when setting up a room. I've been to several hotels that actually accommodate for young children in that sense. Also. Paying $15 just to park on the premises while paying $219 for just one night stay (8 hours) is ridiculous. That should be stated when booking.

It was close enough to the airport.

Lovely view and very comfy beds and rooms
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Perfect.other than Just could not get our car down into car park as roof racks to high. So we had to carry luggage. From shell garage up road with no security bit worried about car over night

Awesome clean room
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

The man at reception must have been at end of his shift or just starting as he was not very friendly. Almost felt like why where we bothering him which was sad 😔

The fresh sheets

Our room had a fantastic view of the beach below.

Nothing really.

Our room had a fantastic view of the beach below. The room was spacious and the king size bed was very comfortable. The 11.00am checkout was much appreciated after 10.00am checkouts at all the other hotels we stayed at in WA.

The accessible toilet needs an upgrade.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

The accessible toilet needs an upgrade. And bought up to date with the required standard. Also the door should be screened and not open directly to the lobby. These facilities need a total upgrade.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

We were up in Perth for hospital appointments and turned it into a mini break as we stayed 2 nights.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

We would have liked if our landcruiser wagon could have been parked underneath in the secure parking, out of the elements.

We loved the relaxed atmosphere, with plenty things nearby to do and see. The restaurant and bar area was perfect, we will be staying every time.

Everything and more
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Very minor but the phone line was extremely crackly which made it very hard to hear. Again very minor but I leant against the bathroom sink and got white toothpaste on my new black jumper so had to change what I was wearing. Also there was only 1 milk in the fridge for a 2 night stay and that milk had been opened. Oh and there were only 3 tissues left in the bathroom.

Amazing staff and facilities. Housekeeping very quick to rectify the milk and tissue situation. Excellent food and room service. I will be back and recommend your hotel.

service in restaurant was slow and spasmodic.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

service in restaurant was slow and spasmodic. drinks expensive. booking was slow and then had to wait 10 min to get car in car park as cars left blocking entrance

• Deluxe Room King Ocean View

Great beach location with a quite a few cafes, restaurants and bars within 5mins walking distance. Room and bathroom was clean, spacious and modern. Staff were well presented, helpful and friendly. Would defiantly recommend.

A little hohum
    • Executive Suite King

I love the location of Rendezvous and continue to be a regular visitor, often for work events once or twice yearly for the past few years. However, the enjoyment is lessening with i believe some attention to detail being required. The club room breakfast is a total let down, unfortunately i would give it no stars. May i suggest it being tried by a manager/owner. Both times i have had it, it has been exactly the same, of which i won't be enduring a third time. I don't need to mention how bad but please, let someone who runs the show sit like a guest. Perhaps a mystery shopper. The disappointing spa was not like the one i previously had in the executive room, it was only slightly larger than a general bath. We asked to move and kindly we were moved to another executive room containing a large triangular spa. This room smelt damp. We were made aware of rain coming in IF it were to rain heavy but neither the helpful duty manager or selves believed that to be a problem throughout the time of our stay. It wasn't. Soft and hard furnishings require maintenance, again perhaps this could be resolved by the suggested "visitor" taking a look. Nothing expensive, perhaps an hour or two of a maintenance persons time. Ice being charged to the room at $2.50 is somewhat embarrassing i will be honest to say, on a $550p/n room. We were informed we could "go and collect the ice for free." Insulting and degrading. May i suggest incorporating this into the initial booking cost by adding a extra few dollars at the time of booking and mention nothing at all about $2.50 when visitors request ice. The lifts on arrival were far from clean, a cocktail tooth pick with a blue end plus sand and a couple of small pieces of white paper remained on the floor even at the time of departure.

Very nice staff as always Comfortable bed The view

If you don't want a city hotel, but stay close from everything, the Rendezvous is the place.
    • Deluxe Room King Ocean View

I can't think of anything i didn't like. All good.

Very friendly and helpful staff, i got an ocean view room, always clean. Beds are comfortable and wifi coverage was excellent all over the hotel. Gym is a little small but who cares. Location is so convenient with near by restaurants, new Olympic size swimming pool and the beach.