Reviews of Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne 4.5 stars

#72 of 168 hotels in Melbourne

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Great location. Nice decor. Breakfast service needs improvement
    • Guest Queen Room

Breakfast service needs more attention. We stayed for two nights and on both mornings, they didn't manage to top up some of the dishes fast enough (e.g. mushrooms, hash browns). You could sit anywhere you like at breakfast, but tables didn't get cleaned after service, so we just looked around to find a clean one (playing spot the salt and pepper trail or ketchup marks was rather fun!). The layout can benefit from better user experience - no clear traffic on which side of the serving table to start your breakfast, no space to easily put your plate down to add sauces (spot taken by a decorative fruit bowl) etc. You get the gist. Nit-picking here but the cherry danish was too sour and wasn't pitted carefully (I could have lost a tooth or two...). Tap in the bathroom was dripping some water. We had to come up with a makeshift solution and wrap a towel around the tap. Glamorous - not! But overall - no deal breaker

Great location. Comfortable bed. Nice decor throughout including in our room. Yummy breakfast. No view from our room, but the way the room was designed did make up for it. Being on Flinders St, it is very convenient. A pleasant experience :)

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Good breakfast.
    • Guest Queen Room

Thought lost opportunity for promoting this iconic establishment. Not enough information on the history of previous times gone by.

Good breakfast. Great location!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Comfortable and great location
    • Guest Twin Room

All good. Could not fault anything

The hotel was excellent for our stay and we really enjoyed the food, accommodation and staff were friendly. It is also a great location for shopping in the city. Most enjoyable stay

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Great location!!!
    • Guest Queen Room

Someone had spilled an orange drink on the stairs, at the top and also down the stairs. I reported this to one of the front desk staff (Matthew I think) as I felt it not only looked unsightly upon entering the hotel but could also be a slip hazard. It was disappointing that a few hours later when we returned the same spill was still there. As a Manager in hospitality, I personally would have addressed this immediately.

Location was fantastic! Rooms were small but well equipped. Cleanliness of room was great.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Overnight Stay.
    • Guest Twin Room

Parking in the area is difficult, expensive and opening hours not great for early departures.

Location is amazing, rooms clean tidy comfortable, staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Small but wonderful!
    • Guest Queen Room

The room was very tiny, but in saying that we did not choose it for space to move around. The price tag ($289 for 1 night), I assume was more to do with location/convenience. The drawers in our room & bathroom kept sliding open, a very minor complaint but I am sharing in the hopes the maintenance crew at Rendezvous can fix this issue then everyone will be 100% happy in their rooms. The ever-open drawers had no impact on me, but my daughter was surprisingly frustrated by it.

Everything! The location is ridiculously convenient; super comfy bed (best sleep I've ever had in a hotel!); the rooms are quiet and spotless; room service was fantastic; the staff were lovely. We will return!

Rendezvous Melbourne
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No valet parking. Rooms weren’t as clean as previous stays. Minibar tea and coffee had not been stocked up.

Location was excellent. Heritage features are lovely.

• Guest Twin Room

I was up graded to heritage double, which was very large and comfortable. I also had late check-out on request because i was running marathon and wanted to have a shower after the run.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The shower head was basically unusable . Dont know if its the watering pressure or the design. The amount of water coming out for it is just too little. I have to basically stand right under it to take shower. The glass that separate the shower and toliet is too small which makes the water spread to the floor and makes the whole bathroom floor wet

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Disappointment small room and overprice and make do hotel facilities only
    • Guest Queen Room

the hotel as it was presented in booking.com was below expectations on arrive there was no doorman to help with the luggage, the room was small appear to be an after thought. The breakfast was a voucher system that was a discount and discount price was expensive. This is a lonely 3 star hotel that presented itself as a 4 star hotel with booking.com price. The travel lodge across the way in Southbank is far better value. Disappointed booking.com that let this one though.

despite the small room the hotel was very clean

• Guest Queen Room

Had trouble with room temp during the night. A/C was fine just cut in and out to regulate the set temp.

Good location , close to restaurants and facilities.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Very nice for what we paid
    • Guest Queen Room

Very expensive for small plain room. Luckily we got cheap online deal. $160 per night, usually $400 per night. I think $160-$200 is probably reasonable.

View was great.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Great just for sleeping in if exploring the city
    • Guest Queen Room

Very small room, tiny TV that’s too far away from bed. Tiny bathroom. Guest information book said robes are in room but there were none

Comfy bed. Great location, especially if you are wanting to visit Melbourne as a tourist

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Good Location and correct
    • Guest Queen Room

They are renovating the facade and the noise at 7 am was very strong.

The breakfast was very complete and nice. The staff was very polite and kind all the time.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Fantastic location, lovely friendly staff, beautiful...
    • Guest Queen Room

The twin beds that were pushed together to make one king bed kept sliding apart in the night - small annoyance in an otherwise great stay

Fantastic location, lovely friendly staff, beautiful surrounds and the espresso martini’s were excellent 😋

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Perfect location for a pleasant stay in Melbourne CBD - would definitely stay here again.
    • Guest Queen Room

More English Breakfast teabags would have been appreciated - there were two only provided. There were other 'flavours' (e.g. Earl Grey), however I am not a fan of Earl Grey.

The bed was really comfortable and the room had all that we needed for a pleasant stay. The location is very handy for a stay in Melbourne CBD, being a short walk from Flinders Street Station. The room was very clean and quiet (even on Level 1, we could not hear any traffic/street noise). The reception/foyer area was welcoming and classy.

Stay here..
    • Guest Queen Room

I cannot really fault the place to be honest.. just being picky, the bathroom door was a little awkward.. see.. picky..

The service was outstanding. They allowed me to come and leave my bags, they called me when my room was ready and when I came back to check in, my bags where already placed in my room.. maybe this is general practice for these types of hotels, but I thought that was great.. the guy that checked me in, the lady that bought me my room service and the lady that checked me out where all lovely, smiley, happy staff..

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Not worth the price tag
    • Guest Twin Room

The hotel itself is in a beautiful old building, however I was put in a tiny pokey room with single beds. The bathroom wasn't very clean and there was little natural light due to being so close to the next building.

The location was very convenient for the Melbourne CBD

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Was a fantastic stay especially when booking so last minute, room was a little run down but clean.
    • Guest Queen Room

The room was a little run down, noisy aircon even on the lowest possible setting, floor next to the front door/bathroom creaked horribly and a few places where people have damaged the wall. Some things were expected though for such an old hotel!

Comfortable bed and the room was clean which is always a huge plus and the staff were incredibly friendly!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Old daggy hotel
    • Guest Queen Room

The rooms were old, small, dark brown, depressing. Bed was very old and every time my partner moved nearly fell of the bed. The smoke alarm wasn’t connected. The second day we were there our room wasn’t cleaned. We got back from being out all day at 530 to have a rest before dinner and cleaners arrived to clean the room :/. They gave us new towels and was put out when we wouldn’t let her in . The bathroom was so small the toilet and floor got wet when you had a shower and had to manoeuvre around to close the door. I would never stay here again.

Location was good central to city

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Lucky they have double glazed windows.
    • Guest Queen Room

Its along a rowdy street and there are many drunk people especially on the weekend. The room is actually quite small as is the toilet. This hotel is quite old.

Lucky they have double glazed windows.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Super convenient to everything in the centre of Melbourne
    • Guest Queen Room

Stayed here for AFL Grand Final weekend. Hotel is clean, staff are friendly. Everything is at your doorstep, shops, public transport, a short walk to MCG or across the river to Southbank area. I left a note for cleaning staff asking for a soft pillow and 2 were left for me for the following nights. Super happy!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

It was cheap for its location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was cheap for its location. A no frills hotel but very clean and everything was in order. The room was very small but at the price I paid that was okay. I had somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep for one night which is all I wanted.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great (quiet) location for CBD and Southbank.

The rooms in the old part of the hotel were quite dated in decor & the bathroom was very compact.

Great (quiet) location for CBD and Southbank. Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Bathroom needs attention
    • Guest Queen Room

The bathroom flooded when we had a shower and didn't drain at all that we were left to mop it up with the towels we had to use for ourselves.

Great location. Clean. Welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great place to stay A++++
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Only thing was no access to outside balconies.

Such a comfortable place to stay. Loved the breakfast. The bar was so inviting and the staff were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Pleasantly surprised warm stay made possible by the very thoughtful staff at the property. :)
    • Guest Queen Room

The breakfast buffet selection could do a little better considering it’s a 4-Star hotel.

The service of the staff was excellent! They were also very thoughtful and helpful especially when we have a 2 year old. We asked for a proper bed instead of a cot for the toddler and was provided with one immediately. Really nice of them! Would definitely recommend this place to families looking for a convenient and considerate hotel!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The little things let the hotel down
    • Guest Twin Room

Booked a twin room but only 1 bed when I arrived. No TV remote in room so had to get one brought up. When our meals arrived from room service there was only 1 set of cutlery for the 2 meals we ordered so had to again call and get another set brought to room. Rooms were very small.

Great Location and friendly staff. Good value for the location

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The suite we ended up in was lovely - massive bathroom &...
    • Guest Queen Room

The first bedroom we were put in was the worst thing i'd ever seen..... you couldn't properly walk around the whole bed it was so small & there wasn't even a chair. I asked the girl on reception if there were bigger rooms available and was told no. We went for a walk & looked online to find they actually had lots of much larger rooms available so I rang & spat it.... to another guy who said they would change our room. We had to pay for the upgrade which I was very happy to do, and the suite we ended up in was gorgeous, but i'd be reluctant to book a room again unless I was guaranteed a specific room, as some of the rooms are a very low standard. No pool, no spa, in room massage couldn't be booked either unfortunately. A nice old hotel, with most of the hallways & carpets needing upgrade.

The suite we ended up in was lovely - massive bathroom & cute sitting room.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Good CBD stay
    • Guest Queen Room

Requested early check in around 11:00am, arrived shortly thereafter from interstate very tired to be told room wouldn't be available until 3pm (very unfriendly Asian, woman, more interested in other Asian guests checking out alongside me), then mumbled that she would call if the room became available sooner, I marked time until 3:00PM then returned to the hotel and checked in immediately, when I got to the room it seemed room had been ready for quite some time however no effort made to call me earlier, shower leaked at bottom of screen, obvious hole in silicon seal, leaving quite a large puddle in doorway, door frame patched with builders bog but not sanded or painted, no exhaust fan in bathroom left room very steamy after shower, overall appeared poorly maintained, room very small, very expensive bar and dining options, no obvious disabled ramp, unfriendly access for elderly

Historical decor and furnishings, bar armchairs to die for, breakfast good but the same offering 3 mornings running, lady with American accent very helpful at checkout, reasonably priced in peak AFL Grand Final weekend compared to other establishments who were obviously price gouging, proximity to public transport is excellent, taxi rank outside front entry, tram stop 50m away, train station 3-4 Min walk

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Heritage building in great location and good facilities
    • Guest Queen Room

Rooms a bit tight with small bathroom.

The building has great heritage and it’s features have been nicely retained. The staff are vpefficient and friendly. Great location for access to Sports facilities and transport.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great spot, just opposite Flinders Street station
    • Guest Twin Room

Really enjoyed our stay, we booked last minute and couldn't have been happier with the location and the hotel. Great Value for money. The breakfast was really enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Never come here wver
    • Guest Queen Room

BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! PLEASE READ!!!!! We booked this through booking.com the photos looked absolutely amazing yet of our rooms we were told yet when we got there, our room was literally 3 meters by 3 meters view completely blocked off from another high rise it felt like we were being choked. When went down straight away to ask for an upgrade and they agreed at an extra price of $70 and the room we went to was abit better although!! As soon as the receptionist was giving us a guide of our room we all walked in and we'll to your amazement found a packed of Viagra on the floor in which she grabbed and threw away, the white bed sheets were stained browned in which they should always be bleached after each hotel reservation. The bed was completely uncumfortable it was like sleeping on a rock same with the pillows. Each room doesn't feature a kitchen sink to wash down any grease like noodles or what not. The rooms creak!!! And make so much freaking sound when walking the little one kept waking up!!! The hotel does not feature a ramp for mothers with prams we had to hold our pram up the stairs with all our bags such an embarrassment. NOW TO TOP IT OFF!! As soon as we were checking out the lady accused us and said we hadn't payed for our rooms yet!! She was an Asian lady so rude in front of everyone causing a scene. I put your feet were her mouth is and shut her up by proving her wrong and she admitted to fault in front of her own manager and staff and people!! She felt so embarrassed yet she deserves it because she was quick to jump the fence and accuse us.. I told her umm since when did people sleep the night at a hotel without paying until the next morning? Also I told her did you not take a bond fee from us for $1? She said yes so I'm like then you obviously would of took our payment beforehand m THE END I WISH I CAN WRITE MORE!!!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

We will stay again. Simple clean rooms, excellent access to Flinders St station & airport shuttle bu
    • Guest Queen Room

Just a couple of things in our room needed attention, a lamp didn’t work for example. We notified reception soon after checkin, but it was not addressed during our one day stay. Room service trays remained in the hallway for hours.

Great location and they happily upgraded us to a king size bed

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Keeping records
    • Guest Queen Room

I have settle padi my bill of mini bar $3.50 soft drink...returned the prepaid breakfast docket ad i didn't have the time to dine the morning i had to go to wok after checked out. When i came back to the hotel to collect my luggage which i have left that morning, the staff told me i haven't not paid my account and requested me to pay for the buffet breakfast which i didn't consumed. How disappointed to be put in the situation.

I was comfortable with the room...2 days stayed..i requested my room to be refreshed, the housekeeper was very good at her job making sure the room looks fresh with extra coffee & towels. I was quiet pleased.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Location was great. Room was not
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room was very small, bathroom was very small and bath shower had no door so water splashed all over the floor and toilet. Was very inconvenient! Room definitely was not worth the money.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

A centrally located, clean, comfortable, inexpensive place to stay.
    • Guest Queen Room

We booked in at the last minute and had a room directly across the road from the station. The noise of the trains was obvious. In saying this the price was so good it made up for it somewhat. The air conditioner in the room was a little noisy.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. It was in a convenient location and was reasonably priced. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Although the room was small it had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Comfy beds, nice natural lighting, had basics that you'd...
    • Guest Twin Room

Didn't have hot water for a shower, only lukewarm water. Was disappointed as I had expected hot water as a basic necessity for a hotel like Rendezvous. Room was also a bit dry, woke up with dry skin and lips.

Comfy beds, nice natural lighting, had basics that you'd expect from a hotel. Free luggage storage.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Shower Has Bad Water Pressure
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View

The massive shower head in the bathroom, had very poor water pressure and just dribbled out of the shower head.

* The most comfortable bed in any hotel i have ever stayed in. * For a room with a view of the river, i was very impressed. * The room was very quiet from outside noises.

We enjoyed our overnight stay. We got a great rate, and that always is a Win Win.
    • Guest Queen Room

We stayed on the 6th floor, we felt that the floors could have been cleaner, they ccould have done with a GOOD Vaccumm.

We enjoyed our stay, it was a lovely surprise to be greeted with Champagne & very yummy mini cupcakes when we entered our room.

Great central location, good value with the a la cart menu...
    • Guest Queen Room

Dirty grout in bathroom, toilet would flush and then return contents a few minutes later. Worn, patchy carpet. The corridor floor was uneven to walk on- a potential tripping hazard. Dirty rag left behind following the room being made up.

Great central location, good value with the a la cart menu for breakfast. Comfortable bed, air conditioning worked well. Lovely staff.

Eventful!
    • Guest Queen Room

Being given a room that was already occupied with other people’s belongings. Then we were given a room that was extremely noisy due to air conditioning units we think so sleep was very difficult. The second night we changed rooms and the fire alarm went off at 6 15 am. They staff were not terribly bothered by this. Our whiole 9 th floor seemed to be awake. We were told all was well and the technician was working on it as it was only our floor.

I have been to this hotel a number of times.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View

Everything was great, thank you

I have been to this hotel a number of times. It is comfortable, and located perfectly in the Melbourne CBD for access to anywhere locally or to public transport. It is surprisingly quiet in the rooms even though located on a main thoroughfare (which we loved)

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Tiny and dated and Noisy
    • Guest Queen Room

Guest queen had several problems being dirty furniture, mould in bathroom, paint peeling on doors from water seeping out under shower glass, chair had stains of god knows what! Window glass did not keep out noise!

Bed was comfy breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

DISAPPOINTING DUE TO FIRE ALARM
    • Guest Queen Room

THE FIRE ALARM WENT OFF AT 6 AM WAKING US UP- ON THE WHOLE FLOOR. IT THEN WENT OFF AGAIN AT 6.10 AM, WHICH WAS QUITE DISCONCERTING AND WE COULDNT GET BACK TO SLEEP. THERE WAS NO EXPLAINATION. ONE OF THE STAFF WAS GOING UP AND DOWN THE CORRIDOOR LOOKING FOR A FIRE BUT THERE WASNT ONE. SOME SORT OF COMPENSATION WOULD BE NICE. INSTEAD WHEN I ASKED THE PRICE FOR ANOTHER NIGHT IN A MONTHS TIME I WAS QUOTED $550 FOR ONE NIGHT!!!!!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Everything else
    • Guest Queen Room

Booked early paid 245 with breakfast, brother in law booked months later and paid 179..he paid extra for breakfast but didnt total as much as ours

Everything else

FANTASTIC
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The Hotel was amazing. The Décor was just incredible. The staff were extremely helpful. The food was fantastic. The Bar was lovely and relaxing. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. Just fabulous! Thank you so much.

Great stay
    • Guest Queen Room

Windows could do with a clean.

Great location. Close to restaurants/cafes, public transport. Just a short walk to the Southbank along the Yarra precint and the Crown Casino. Would definitely stay again

Good old fashioned style.
    • Guest Twin Room

Our only disappointment was there were no windows, well there were but they were frosted. We realise this being in the city and being overlooked, it was for our privacy

Loved the style of the architecture and decor, the grand foyer and bar area. It was like being in an episode of Miss Fisher Mysteries. Our beds were very comfortable and the shower over the bath had good pressure. The location was as central as you could get it. So close to theatres, restaurants and South Bank arts precinct.

Comfort and convenience
    • Guest Queen Room

Loved our stay at this hotel. Great service. Room was small but clean,bed was comfy. Easy to get around from this location. Great for a single night or two.

Very clean
    • Guest Queen Room

The size of the room and the bathroom. The bathroom is very small and the shower would only fit a tiny person. My elbows touched each wall. I paid top dollar and expected more.

Very clean

Melb lay over
    • Guest Queen Room

Bed could be a tad softer. Bathroom fan stayed on at odd times . Fluro light in room flickered constantly.

Staff excellent. Rest ambi fantastic lovely outlay

We will be back!
    • Guest Queen Room

In the bar area, this is not a complaint just a nice to have. We did get our drinks quickly and found a place to sit however it was very busy both times we were there and I felt extra staff to quickly clear up when customers left their tables and take perhaps take drink orders when time permitted would have been an improvement if the bar is always busy.

We really like the location of this hotel, and the friendly staff made sure we were looked after during our stay. Our room was clean, comfortable and very quiet. Dining in the restaurant was a lovely experience our meals were delicious and the staff ensured our group of friends enjoyed an excellent night.

Room was nice and clean, staff very friendly.
    • Guest Queen Room

Water pressure in shower was very poor, made you stand close to the end of shower base(bath) which base was slippery.

Room was nice and clean, staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The Rendezvous Hotel was a very pleasant place to stay , great location and friendly staff.
    • Guest Queen Room

The weather was not very kind to us ,but that has nothing to do with the hotel ,so there was nothing i didn't like about our stay.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, with the bar area a stand out. The location of the hotel was just right and the restaurants were outstanding. The hotel is very big on privacy , if you didn't want to see anyone you didn't have to.

Loved it
    • Guest Queen Room

At first I was put in a room with a high thick window which made me feel claustrophobic. I asked to change rooms and the staff were more than happy to give me a different room.

The location was great and the uniqueness of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

will do it again
    • Guest Twin Room

Staff didn't tell us we needed the room key to get the lift going and the sign is TOO Small

The beds were really comfy, nice hot water in the shower, a good place to sstay and so close to the Arts Centre to get to our concert.

African stay at the Rendezvous Melbourne
    • Guest Queen Room

1. The room was dark with small window that did not open. 2. Restaurant only operational for breakfast and dinners; it would benefit guests if it was available during lunch.

1. The WiFi connection was always available, strong and fast. 2. The hotel is optimally located for easy access to all sorts of transportation and even walking to different spots in the CBD.

The staff were super friendly
    • Guest Queen Room

Mixed messages about what to expect on arrival. What was said on the Booking.com & what was actually the reality was a big difference. Specifically in relation to parking

The staff were super friendly

6.0
    Great location but more attention to detail required.
    • Guest Queen Room

The room was not set up for us, we booked for three people and only bedding for 2. It took two requests to get the extra bedding and when the room was serviced the following day, the bathroom was only replenished for 2 people, not 3. There was a light out which made he room darkish, a change of light was requested but only to be to,d it wouldn't be replaced during our stay, disappointing.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the city and transport.

I like to stay here for the location, the bar and the friendly, courteous staff.
    • Guest Queen Room

No free bottle of water. Tea and coffee understocked. No soap holder in bathroom sink.

Terrific location near Flinders Street station. The in-hotel bar, the Travellers Bar, is comfortable, well-stocked and well-run.

Wonderful memories.
    • Guest Queen Room

We could have stayed longer and if I were to pick on something, I would suggest the windows to be washed from the outside so the view looked better.

The staff at Straits cafe were amazing. I hosted a bridal shower for a friend and the high tea was fabulous. The staff were very helpful and did not refuse any of my requests to make it the perfect event for the bride to be. The bar attendant was able to make any cocktail we asked fo. Alamt from Straits cafe and his staff, Natasha, Jose and Matt to name a few were outstanding. My partner and I also had dinner in the restaurant and could not fault a thing, our steaks were cooked perfectly and again the staff were very attentive.

The staff was extremely rude and racist.
    • Guest Queen Room

The staff was extremely rude and racist. They were uncooperative at all. Never going then because the experience made me so uncomfortable as a female.

Great location, friendly and attentive staff, with nice standard comfy rooms
    • Guest Queen Room

There was nothing that we didn't like. I suppose they could have improved the experience by bringing our bags up to the room or by offering us a welcome drink or coffee/tea in their bar restaurant.

The entire staff from bell men to concierge to front desk were friendly, attentive and helpful with recommendations and travel tips. They made our stay easy and very enjoyable. We loved it here. Highly recommend staying with them.

Just lovely
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View

Filthy window which spoilt my city view

Bed very comfy, great variety with breakfast items. Loved the barman very friendly and surprised me with birthday gifts

Fantastic hotel
    • Guest Twin Room

Close to everything, helpful friendly staff who went out of their way to make my fathers stay special (celebrating his 80th birthday) Good size well equipped rooms

The location was great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View

Housekeeping was a little bit off. The remake of the beds wasn't the best. It would have better of having the line changed every day

The location was great. So close to everything

The location of the hotel is very good, easy access to super...
    • Guest Queen Room

The location of the hotel is very good, easy access to super markets, restaurants, train & tram station. It’s one of the pick up point for day trip, it’s very convenient. The room is clean and comfortable.

All positives
    • Guest Queen Room

Everything was very clean. Room service was quick! Staff were also very accommodating, friendly and helpful. Easy access to flinders street station which is almost just across the road.

Excellent location and the young man who checked us in was...
    • Guest Queen Room

Most of the staff were not very friendly, especially the Concierge who came up to me and my sister and asked us to leave the area as "only Hotel guests can go into the Hotel". We must not look proper enough for the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne. I had big expectations as I have stayed at both the Denarau, Fiji and the Sydney Rendezvous and they were amazing and everything you want in a hotel or resort, this one just didn't match either of them.

Excellent location and the young man who checked us in was very friendly.

Couldn’t wait to leave
    • Guest Queen Room

Vegetarian options at the basement restaurant were ordinary. Staff not very friendly Room was tiny and when I asked for a spare bed room did not accomodate it when asked if I could have a bigger room one was not available. Air conditioning was loud & didn’t bother having it on that made room stuffy & uncomfortable. Room was old and needs referbishment Couldn’t wait to leave so checked out early I’ll never stay at this hotel again Cheep budget accomodation Nothing like the web site photos

The location was excellent

The facility has all you require when staying in Melbourne,...
    • Guest Twin Room

Didn't like that the light just inside the room comes on when walking under it at night, if you can turn it off better instructions would be appreciated. Rooms at the front are noisy so always check when booking where you are situated in the building, trams and street noise pretty loud but if you are a good sleeper probably not an issue.

The facility has all you require when staying in Melbourne, close to Flinders Street station, short walk to main shopping precinct, free trams for theatres, short walk to Crown Complex. Rooms are an ok size, beds comfortable, bathroom clean but small (but then so are most hotels in this price bracket). Lounge/bar area lovely place to sit and relax either on your own or with company.

A hidden gem
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View

A bit more variety in breakfast buffet would have been nice. For example some cheeses and cold meats and option of poached eggs

Extremely comfortable well located hotel. Old style design maintained with updated sympathetic rooms and surrounds. All staff were very helpful and pleasant. Double glazed windows meant it was the quietest hotel we have stayed in for a long time. Room was a little small but comfortable.The hotel gives its excess food to Oz Harvest which feeds the homeless which is so good to see. Location is right near trams for up town and Flinders station plus walkways to Southbank.

Comfy bed , near everywhere , near tram
    • Heritage Double Room

The toilet small but it’s okay it’s clean 😊

I’m booked heritage room . Big and comfortable especially the bed and mattress sooo comfy 😌🤗😍 the location so near everywhere and the tram overall excellent

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Everyone was very helpful and suggested great ideas to do

?

Everyone was very helpful and suggested great ideas to do Gave good description on how to get to places . Room service was excellent . Very close to flinders street station , casino , Dfo, and the city tram to the rod laver centre .

Browse Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne traveller photo gallery