Reviews of Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central 4 stars

24 Mount Street, Perth CBD, 6000 Perth, Australia

#40 of 107 hotels in Perth

• Guest Room King

I asked for a flat white and got a lot of foam on my coffee... still tasted good though

You cannot hear any traffic noise at all even though its located next to the freeway.

• Deluxe Room

Room overlooked buildings so no view at all

Food was very good and the service was very good on site parking not so good very small and not much room to get out of parking area.

• Guest Room King

Wardrobe in the bathroom. Overpriced minibar. Parking at $30 very expensive.

Good central location. Comfortable king sized bed with good pillows. Free wifi.

• Guest Room King

Tucked in a corner without much of a view. Bathroom shower needed a good clean. Bed was hard and uncomfortable

Room was very spacious and had plenty of facilities. Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Food was great and breakfast was brilliant.

• Guest Room King

Shower head in bathroom is fixed to the wall and could not be moved for ease to wash the feet. Toilet has sliding door that has no lock.

Located at the corner of a quiet street. Elizabeth Quay and Watertown outlet are some attractions within 15 mins walking distance. Reception staff were approachable, especially Emily who was patient in addressing all my queries. Room was big and beds were comfy. This hotel is a supporter of green initiatives and has a unique perk of offering high speed wifi/drink in exchange for guests to support its green programme such as reusing towels and not using chemicals in daily cleaning. Overall a great stay.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Only two things though. The aircon was still on summer and it was freezing in the rooms on the first night, maintenance guy wasn’t there. The second night it still wasn’t fixed but the girls provided us with heaters. Super annoying! Ordered Room service... meals were great.. but! The cheese platter was missing the quince paste and didn’t have any.. I needed that to eat blue cheese which kinda went to waste, also ordered the prawn starter with chritzo and avocado. so excited but then it came with pesto.. not a fan! Would like what is on the menu to come not whatever you feel like at the time.. All in all loved the hotel and will book again.

We had an amazing stay, the view was amazing, rooms spacious with massive beds. Staff we so attentive and kind and perfect!

• Guest Room King

24 hour check-in was a boon as we did not arrive until 2:00am. The hotel is ideally situated in easy reach of Perth CBD, Elizabeth Quay and Kings Park.

• Guest Room King

We accidentally left a shawl in the room after we checked out, and nothing was found in the room by housekeeping, kind of sad for lost of that. Yet it has nothing to do with the hotel.

The all day meal does not have much choice, but the cheese sandwich is good and my son really love it. The reason to choose this stay is the excellent location to CBD, nothing much to complain about the location, except is kind of hard to get a parking space, unless you rent a parking lot from the hotel.

• Guest Room King

Car park price, especially when driving many miles and theres a huge extra cost to keep a car safe. Hubby n I stayed at a Hotel close by with the Staff giving us a bay underneath Hotel, making Rendezvous quite a bit more expensive , so would probably stay there again if needing a trip to Perth and being closer to the CBD

The Reception Staff were lovely , especially letting us change from a room with a brick wall to a room with a view , changed the entire experience, couldn't thank them enough 😅

• Guest Room King

I was on the opposite side to the highway so I could not hear it, but I am not sure what it would be like in the rooms near the highway.

Clean, well-appointed, spacioius rooms at a good location. Not luxurious, but a good location. Nice bar-cum-restaurant with an outside area. I felt safe too.

Bathroom was a bit old.

Very good location for access to Kings Park, walking distance to shops etc. Lovely staff, excellent food at the restaurant. Good value for money, would definitely stay again.

• Deluxe Room

The mattress was a bit hard and I could not sleep so well. Putting the card into the lift did not always work and other guests had trouble too.

The breakfast was nice and tasty. Loved the coffee and juice. Added bonus of having pancakes on the menu.

• Guest Room King

The wait line to check out was ridiculous - we waited for over 15minutes whilst only one staff member served a couple in front of us. There was no urgency nor was there apparently no other staff members available. I have stayed countless times at this hotel and have always been impressed by the service and the size of the rooms. This time I booked a King Room and was a little disappointed that the room was smaller than expected. After entering the room after checking in, there was dirty towels left in the basin from the cleaners.

Location was perfect for the Dawn Service.

Parking

Valve for money. Perth accommodation prices are extortionary and this is the best value for money accommodation I've had in Perth in years.

• Guest Room Queen

I saw no evidence that my room was vacuumed in the 2 weeks I was there.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant is excellent.

• Guest Room King

The key cards to the lift, hotel room and car park often didn't work. Our family had a total of 4 4 rooms and this was an issue for all of us. Also the car park situation is terrible. Its very tight and people don't Pak in their allocated bays. I paid for parking in advance but on the last day had to use street parking. Also we all received different information regarding breakfast deals, Wi fi etc. From different staff.

Location so handy to everything

• Guest Room King

The only shortcoming, (and a very small one at that) was that there was no provision for closed captions on the TV remote.

The room was large, well appointed and very comfortable. The hotel restaurant's food was tasty and reasonably priced. Located close to both Kings Park, the city centre and the new waterfront precinct.

• Guest Room King

room 418 definitely needs work . Window opener broken , door chain fell off in my hand, main light over bed was not working , took our towels and never replaced them one of the days or filled up the milk /coffee. We stayed over the Easter break and was disappointed in house keeping over this time. We paid for a serviced room just like any other time of the year, so you need to make sure you have available staff or discount the rooms or at least advise they will not be serviced

the location,friendly staff, size of room

no complaints!

The room was very spacious - more than enough for 2 people. Loved the hot and cold breakfast choices and the staff were very helpful and welcoming. Even gave us a couple of hot cross buns for the road because we had to leave early to catch a ferry.

• Guest Room King

Breakfast was delicious but a little cold when it arrived in the room.

We chose to stay here for our wedding night. Staff were amazing and provided us with a complimentary bottle of sparkly. Room was spotless, bathroom extremely clean and bed very comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Will be returning and recommending to friends and family.

• Executive Room

I found the room to be very cold and as the the heating system had a maximum temp setting of 25 degrees, it did very little to rectify this.

The location was great very central to everything.

• Executive Room

The shower was filthy the aircon vents didn’t work due to build up of dust ect on them at least an inch this the floors were stained the tv cuts in and out constantly the room key/cards wouldn’t work then they charged us $30 a day to park our car in a car park only big enough for motorcycles

• Guest Room King

Said they did free bar snacks 5/6 which they didn't and no extra pillows/ bedding in the robes and no extractor fan to bathroom.

Great location for Elizabeth Quay and restaurant's

• Executive Room

To close to traffic and the main road and the shower was small i felt to squashed in i had to leave the shower door open . Movies were also over priced to hire . Sheets were to thin i just didnt get that fluffy comfortable soft feeling

The space in the loungeroom was okay and i loved the Art work

• Guest Room King

The rooms were basic, but clean. The bathroom needs refurbishment, but was clean. The large bed was two single beds pushed together, which isn't very comfortable if you like to sleep in the middle off the bed. Overall though, I've paid a lot more money for places 10 times worse in Sydney. Ideal if you're on a budget.

The bar and restaurant was fantastic; the best pork belly I've had in WA. The waitress was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Central location.

For $100 night you cannot complain If you do go stay at the Hyatt instead

Excellent value for money Bed and pillows was so good we slept in till 11am

• Guest Room King

I had asked for two single but got a king. I aslo thought the late night room service was alot more then what the menu said. I paid 80 dollars for two sausage rolls i didnt know until the next morning

• Guest Room King

Info given about deposit going back on to you debt card. Was told 2/3 day max returned to my card it is almost a week later and still no money. And bank hand balls to you you hand balls bank

Staff lovely friendly helpful A friend booked the wrong location in the booking wasn't refund able. So gave to me to use. Was nice place for price

• Guest Room King

Car park! We damaged out mirror trying to fit into the rediculusly small space.

Bed very comfy .staff went to great lengths to make us stay- we were going to leave as we were unhappy with room,(looking out to blank wall)noisy air con etc.They found us a quiet ,better room and persuaded us to stay.

• Guest Room King

Bathroom a bit tired and mouldy in shower Problem car of parking and the fact that it was not a 24 hour rate. Checking is 3-4pm and checkout up to 1100 am so not two full days

Car park is a bit pricey at $30 per night but you are given your own space Bedroom plus lounge area good Breakfast good re choice and value for money Extended our checkout - charged us for a full overnight booking - as our flight was at midnight Friendly staff

• Guest Room King

The bed was extremely hard, and the bathroom a little awkward. There was a little mould on the shower grout, and the floor drain smelled bad.

The room had a separate lounge space, which was excellent, and would make the room sleep more people comfortably. Check in was smooth, and the location was great.

• Guest Room King

It was close to our function. That is the only good. I would not recommend this hotel to any one. Im still waiting for my hundred dollars to be put back into my account.

• Guest Room King

Shower could do with a good clean but not too bad.

Fantastic value for money. Easy location to get around and staff were helpful and cheery. Would definitely stay again.

• Guest Room King

The best shower ever in a hotel. The staff were extremely friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. The hotel was only rated 4 stars but it was far superior than 5 star hotels I have stayed in.Had the best steak I have had in a long time.

• Executive Room

Room decor could have been a bit more cheerful but it was good value for the money and very clean.

Close to everything you would want to see.Elizabeth Quay shopping.Kings Park all within easy walking distance as well as the train and bus stations.Buses were free.

• Guest Room Queen

Just shame people next to our room having a domestic at 2.30am But that’s not hotel fault. Just inconsiderate guests 😠

Very comfortable, great shower

• Guest Room King

The whole stay was great. Fantastic staff that couldnt do enough for you. I generally never recommend anything, but if you are staying in the city in Perth and want a relaxed and friendly stay, this is it. The staff even gave us a plant as a gift as we moved into our new home. Blown away

• Guest Room King

chef not paying attention to orders eg ordered MR steak, very well done possibly pre cooked and kept warm the meat was grey in colour I was in for the early bird special 5.00/6.00

Staff are very good

• Guest Room King

Assistant General manager was very rude upon our arrival and check in. Was not a good start with first impressions

Great location. Good value for money

• Guest Room King

There was mould in the shower around the corners on the roof that should really be wiped of 🤔

The beds were quiet comfortable and the rooms were very nice. The staff happy and helpful😁

• Guest Room Queen

Because it was my 5th stay, I got given Two complementary drink vouchers and so obviously I used them for mum and I for dinner Mum brought a alcohol drink but I brought a soft drink, the bartender said do you want to make it a pint? I said yes but I didn’t realise at that I would’ve end up having to pay $7, He didn’t tell me that I remembered his face like he knew what he was doing and I wasn’t happy..

• Guest Room King

Friendly staff both in restaurant and reception. Room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was brilliant, and so was dinner.. Walking distance to Kings Park and city centre. But in a quiet location with no street noise

______

Beautiful and clean throughout all areas, lovely food and welcoming helpful staff. Brilliant location, a short walk to city or Kings Park whilst set in a quiet area.

• Guest Room King

The bathroom/wardrobe was cramped and just threw together the view from our window was a brick wall of the building next door and the only good thing about breakfast was the toast

The location was good

• Guest Room King

Our only slight grievance was the lack of parking. None available at the hotel and the carpark close by was very confusing to get out of. It was a public holiday and some access out of the carpark was blocked but no instructions on how to exit for pedestrians.

We thought it was very good value and breakfast was lovely.

• Executive Room

We didn't have towels in the room. We wanted to fill out our breakfast order and there was no pen. There was only a very small amount of toilet paper when we arrived, thinking there would be spare roll only to find there was not. We waited 25 mins to get one bought up to us in the morning, when it didn't arrive we gave up waiting and checked out instead.

Front staff and are always friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room

It was only minor, but my partner was 5ft10 tall & he couldn’t quite fit under the shower in the bathroom, but we did enjoy the bathtub & also made use of that for a relaxing soak

Loved the attentiveness of the staff & that my requests were accomodated

• Guest Room King

Surprisingly spacious and comfortable rooms with no road noise considering the proximity of the freeway. Location is great with easy walking to shopping and nightspots. Great big bed to crash in after a late night out in the city.

• Executive Room

I booked a room with a large double bed and sofa bed for the kids. Sofa bed wasnt made up and i didnt have enough towels for everyone. Was also told i could pay for parking on site at checkin only to be told at checkin there was none.

The location was great. We had a 10 minute walk to a great spot for the skyshow

• Executive Room

The cleanliness and the staff. Also i like to stay at Rendezvous Hotels because they keep up there maintenance like hotels that don't look tired.

Everything was lovely the only thing I would say to business management is that the kitchen needs to stay open longer it was Australia Day we got back to the hotel at 8:30 looking forward to a coffee and there were crowds of people using the footbidge some of whom would have come in instead of walking by the Rendezvous if there had been a sign saying snacks and coffee but the machine was cleaned and packed away when we got back to the hotel so we and heaps of others went to the Parmelia instead.

• Guest Room King

Loud music in dining room. Expensive breakfast.

Helpful staff. Excellent soundproofing. Clean. Walking distance to botanic garden and to shopping district.

• Guest Room King

The only suggestion we would make is to extend breakfast to 10am.

Eric and Kyle were excellent staff. The property is very well located and quiet. It is a short walk to the CBD of Perth.The rates are very reasonable. We have stayed three times and it is consistently very good. The manager with an english accent was always excellent and courteous.

• Guest Room King

We booked a twin single room which was debated by the reception staff until I showed them my booking confirmation. We were given a king size bed. They said they could unzip the bed, which to be honest was too much like hard work for us, not for the staff though they were happy to facilitate us.

Pleasantly surprised by the location and modernity of this hotel for the great rate we got. Breakfast was good too.

• Guest Room King

The fact we had to pay for parking and it wasn't mentioned in the ad when we booked with Booking.com Had we known we had to pay for parking, which by the way was under the hotel and one of THE most awkward horrid places to get into and out of, we would have booked elsewhere.

The shower was amazing

Car park

Breakfast was good! The staff were very helpful! Only one negative our car has a roof rack and wouldn’t fit in the secure parking. The height limit was not explained and parking is an additional $30 per day. This is not explained.

• Guest Room King

Room was advertised as city view but there was only a view onto next door building’s concrete wall. There was still plenty of light.

Room was very spacious as was the bathroom and shower. Staff were very friendly. It was in a good position to walk to Kings Park, Perth Arena and the City.

• Guest Room King

The only thing we didnt like or were disappointed about was that there was no pool but that was obviously an oversight on our part when we booked.

We liked the size and layout of our room and the breakfast was awesome. The staff were great - very helpful (saved us when we were stuck in lift) lol

• Guest Room King

Parking would have been expensive (30 AUD for the night) had we not lucked out with a parking meter that only cost 5 for the hour we needed it. There are not a lot of affordable restaurants within easy walking distance.

Excellent breakfast, large clean room, well sound-proofed, helpful and friendly staff. Only 5 mins walk to Kings Park.

• Guest Room King

Had to park on the road because the car park was full luckily only had to pay for 6 hours because it’s free after 6 pm.

The room was great and the breakfast was fantastic and good value for money.

None.

The space of the room is worth I paid for, with separate office and bedroom space. Quiet, attentive and accommodative staff. Great location, walking distance to CBD, bus/train/ferry station, Elizabeth Quay, Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Swan River, Bell Tower, etc..

I arrived at the motel early, I booked accommodation due to my flights not linking so had to stay another night in perth before flying back to Kununurra. I asked if it was possible to have the s little early as I had been flying and waiting in airports for 3 days so was exhausted. I was told yes my room was ready and I could have with an extra charge of $10 per hour. I was quite taken back as I’ve never been charged before, but readily excepted as I was exhausted. I have flown in to many Australian cities and towns and be given my room early with no extra charge, I just felt disappointment which sowered my experience. I also over heard many expressing discontent over parking fee.. 🙁

Friendly restaurant staffs 😀

• Guest Room King

The only unfortunate occasion was the reception boy sent back my friend’s luggage to Qantas when the luggage service called, while we were eagerly waiting for delayed luggage delivery, due to miscommunication among the staff....in the end, we had to go to airport for self collection

• Guest Room King

Check in process could've been done online, less hassle, less waiting time

Very spacious rooms, well prepared breakfast, nice location for an early morning run to King's Park!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The setup of the suite wasn't that good but it was clean and the beds were very comfortable. would stay there again.

The staff were really helpful and very nice.

we did not like how noisy it was. the doors to the room do not have a soft closing and it seemed as if everyone on the 1st floor banged their door shut there were some very loud guests in a nearby room from 10.30pm who didn't seem to try to keep their voices low or quietly shut their doors. We were thinking of calling reception but thankfully at 12.45am they went off to sleep.

the room was nice and spacious and clean

• Guest Room King

TV often stopped for a few minutes during program/news etc.

good sized room and bed. Bath and shower. Great position for walking access to Perth's beautiful Kings Park, and Swan River and Convention Centre. Pleasant and helpful reception staff. Safe method of holding suitcase after checkout. Easy access to St Georges Terrace, and Elizabeth Quay.

no bar or restaurant open in afternoon, check in no details given on arrival for anything available. The door to the bathroom was broken and didn't close, shower has no instructions as to hot or cold. Basic room and basic hotel, not worth over $100 per night

bed was comfy

The restaurant and food were pretty average. Carparking is tiny, definitely dont have a big vehicle if you are needing a park as the spaces are really tight!

Good price, great location and the rooms were tidy and spacious.

• Guest Room King

Lack of 5min parking available when arriving by own transport and needing to check in. Frustrating when you need to drive around trying to find a parking spot to check in after a long drive.

Staff were polite and willing to assist. Coffee machine wasnt working at breakfast, staff member came to my table and asked if i required a coffee and made one, which was appreciated. Have stayed here a number of times and find the facilities and staff to be excellent.

Disappointed with my dinner the lamb very different in taste and texture served warm. I did speak to the lady that served me not sure whether she understood my concern at the time. Paid about $48.00 for my meal and a glass of wine.

The staff were great and helpful. Unfortunately I had booked into another hotel and on my arrival found it not to be what the website had portrayed. I was so happy when I saw what Rendezvous Hotel offered so clean, spacious and caring staff.

• Deluxe Room

The WiFi speed is a bit slow

Staff is quite friendly and allows us to extend the checkout fund to noon. The shower room is big and the bed is comfortable.

• Guest Room King

The car parking spaces are very tight and ours was very awkward to park in. The room was quite cold and the air conditioner did not respond to adjusting. This was better than being too hot though and we rugged up (and were provided extra blankets promptly on request).

The hotel was convenient to the city and Kings Park. It was clean and spacious and the staff very efficient and friendly.

• Deluxe Room

Only one minor problem -Sometimes the room card failed but reception were able to refresh it at required.

Large quiet comfy room. Friendly helpful staff Location handy to convention centre

• Guest Room King

The fact that you have to pay so much to park in the property $30 too much for a day parking when you are staying there for three days and that's $90 .Some doors needs replacing too.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I love their smiling faces☺The room is neat.

• Guest Room King

The room had a slightly quirky layout, with the wardrobe and safe etc within the bathroom, which made sharing with a colleague slightly less convenient, but was not a huge drama

The bed was comfortable and the room spacious and clean. The location was excellent for access to both convention centre, kings park, and still not too far from cafe's and shopping