Reviews of Rendezvous Hotel Sydney Central 4 stars

Cnr George & Quay Streets, Railway Square, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#140 of 306 hotels in Sydney

• Guest King Room

Air conditioner wouldn't turn on. Tv was so blurry you couldn't watch it. No exhaust fan in bathroom. Bed was full of lumps. Phone light flickered all night. Vert noisy. Would not stay again.

• Guest King Room

That I had only booked one night

Staff incredibly helpful and friendly - nothing was a problem The free room upgrade That they listened to my online request for my room preference

• Guest King Room

No view., Would ask for a room on the outside of the building next time.

Good location close to Central train station $5.00 happy hour each afternoon at 4:30 was a bonus. Nice little restaurant on site

• Guest King Room

On booking.com I was able to ask for an 11am check-in time and when I arrived I had to wait in lobby for 3 hours for my room after being up at 3.30am ready for the flight in. I had requested non-smoking room for asthma yet the smell of cigarette smoke lingered in the curtain /carpet fabric and seemed to woft through the air-con. It was stuffy with no ventilation and dirt caked windows spoiled the view. Not enough tea bags and when I asked I received a room service instead which was ridiculous for a two night stay. Depressing decor and sad to pay so much money for the misery of room 1004 without free quality wifi. Will not stay in this hotel again- it's for business suits.

Location and ease to shops

• Guest King Room

Breakfast was pretty poor later in the morning. Nothing fresh after 9am. TV was truly low definition and not friendly to operate.

Location, Bed, shower and Staff were excellent. Very quiet for even a light sleeper. (Tenth floor, back of hotel room).

The weather , it's cold in June

Near central station , it will be easy to discover the town and surround Just belong shopping everywhere paddys market , eating Chinese restaurants

• Guest King Room

The quality and comfort of the mattress.Outlook clouded by dirty window exteriors.

The convenience of location near Haymarket and position opposite Central

• Guest King Room

A bit hard to drive to with the road works at present. The king bed has a hard seam in the middle. The breakfast could be better, very average.

We liked the closeness to public transport but with the George Street Road works it is hard to drive too. Parking was good for our large wagon and the room was large, clean and tastefully decorated.

• Guest King Room

Terrible WiFi connection, its speed was so slow, feel like connected by 2G mobile. Room attandent keep forgot to make refill of all consumables, like tea bag and towels. There is no door for the shower room, water spills to toilet after every shower.

Conveniently located, only a few minutes walk from Central Station. Spacious room.

• Guest King Room

My room had an adjoining door to another and I was woken up at 5am by my noisy neighbours. That didn't make me very happy.

Great staff, clean and comfortable room.

• Guest King Room

The fact that the restaurant was not open Saturday nght

Delicious breakfast, definately value for money. The bed was comfortable and the shower excellent

Nothing. All were great.

Location, cleanliness, facilities, value for money 10/10. We had a great stay and it was comfortable, surrounding are restaurants, central station...easy walking distant to most of the attractions in CBD, Sydney is fun for travelling. Thank you Rendezvous Hotel.

• Guest King Room

Windows were absolutely filthy, I could not even see out of my hotel window without looking through dirt and grime. Pillows were the worst I have ever used. Long and uncomfortable and 2 big decorative ones. One of the lifts feels like it’s on the edge of needing a service it bounces up and down when you hit ground and your level Toilet had a weak flush My cupboards were dusty where I was hanging my clothes The TV reception and image quality was not great Bathroom hand rails and cupboards looked dirty like they hadn’t been cleaned properly My room was made up even though I didn’t put the sign on my door I like that they had free wifi but it was pretty slow, I ended up just using my own

Could leave my bag there during the day before my room was ready The location was walking distance to a conference I was going to in Redfern

• Guest King Room

The bed was a bit saggy. The continental breakfast was good. However, the ham in the continental breakfast both days was a bit smelly, so didn't eat the ham.

Location was fantastic. Staff was friendly. It was clean and comfortable.

• Guest King Room

The tv set wasn't very good and there was some traffic noise in my room (which faced the street).

Very convenient for transport, close to excellent restaurants and handy to the city

• Guest King Room

The wifi is "free" but at a slower rate unless you pay $10 for 24 hours access to a faster speed.

Good central location, quite easy to get to central station

Would be good if the restaurant was open later.

The free coffee was amazing and well used. The location was fantastic for exploring Sydney both on foot and on the train!

• Guest King Room

My pillow was too fat so not comfortable to sleep on. Room could be improved with usb points as I forgot my phone charger.

Very clean and tidy and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Guest King Room

Clean, modern and perfectly located near Central station (as we were catching a train to the airport in the early morning). Staff were friendly and efficient. We had a view over Central Station.

• Guest King Room

we arrived very late from an overseas flight..the checkin went smoothly and the room was extremely comfortable with excellent facilities. The breakfast was value for money. Loved staying here.

• Guest King Room

Buffet Breakfast should include cappuccino not just ordinary coffee. TVs very old with poor picture quality.

Nice large room. Lounge was very comfortable. Friendly staff.TV included some Foxel sports channels. Very close to Central station. Excellent location for public transport.

• Deluxe King Suite

The bathroom had a slightly odd odour which seemed to be coming up from the drain ...

We stayed in a suite and it was absolutely huge, and well set up with lounge, dining area, separate kitchenette and bathroom. The staff were very friendly.

• Guest King Room

Great proximity to Central Station. We were doing a day trip on a heritage train and the staff kindly allowed us to leave our car parked in their secure parking station for the day, even though we had checked out in the morning. Very clean, modern room with good views, great location and lovely staff. We will be back!

• Guest King Room

Bad breakfast at high price, gym they don’t have, you should walk to adina hotel. No business centre.

Good position on walking distance from darling Harbour, nearby there are lots of restaurants (touristic places) and shopping mall hardourside

• Guest King Room

Bit noisy, breakfast was pretty ordinary. Cold eggs, not much else that was palatable. No tomatoes, dry bacon. Not very good for $19..00 each.

Location next toCentral station.

• Guest King Room

The Manager was most helpful and assisted my wife in arranging for ambulance to transport me to hospital. In my absence the manager and his staff went out of their way to ensure that my wife was well catered for and further, arranged for her transfer to Vibe Hotel where she stayed untill my hospital discharge, 13 April.

• Guest King Room

I was woken up when a staff opened my door around 11am to check the mini bar. They don't have a dental kit but I brought mine so it's fine.

The room was larger than expected.

Nothing to complain about.

The room was quite spacious and a buffet breakfast was included. Hotel was opposite Central Station which was very convenient getting to and from the airport.

• King Room with Courtyard View

The courtyard was extra and unless you were a smoker your wouldn't dream of setting foot out there. I don't think the balcony description was accurate

Handy location

I was very happy with the accommodation

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the room had everything I needed and was clean and tidy. The price was fantastic.

• Guest King Room

We used the beer from the room the price was not marked right. Instead we ended up paying double.

I haven't eaten at the hotel or used the car park.But the service was good, only draw back they didn't offer free drinking water like other hotels do.

• Guest King Room

Airconditioner very noisy so couldn’t have it on while sleeping. Both remotes for air conditioner & tv did not work when arrived in room.

Location & comfortable bed.

• Guest King Room

The TV was somewhat crappy, a bit blurry & couldn't read writing on screen, needs updating

Lovely welcoming reception staff, the room was huge, the biggest I have had before, everything needed was in our room; lovely coffee making area, wardrobe, ironing board & iron & best of all "facewashers !" The bed was huge & comfy.

• Guest King Room

The receptionist was rude. She didn’t explain anything just being rude and wanted me to pay the $1 charge so bad without explaining properly.

Nice location, reasonable price

• Guest King Room

Hard pillows, imprint of our credit card $1.00 even though we had paid months before. Intended to rebook direct with the hotel at the same price but that was going to be to hard. So you have missed a booking. We are seniors and only come to the city on special occasions.

Position to all transport

• Guest King Room

I adked for extra towels and the sheila on reception was rude...the tv picture was shocking....and too much colour in the tv...the fridge made so much noise i woke up at 2am having nightmares...the key card we were only alloed 1and that kept failing until eventually we couldn't get into our room

Close to where we wanted to go

• Guest King Room

Didn't feel the buffet breakfast was amazing value.

great location, eady access to public transport. Staff were pleasant and the room was spacious.

• Guest King Room

My room was great, super clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were amazing! They were so friendly and helpful and great to talk to, and the rewards/members card gave me a great discount and free drink! It was my first time staying alone in the city and I felt very safe and well looked after here.

• Guest King Room

Not all the facilities were available for the Sunday night with the bar and restaurant not being open. Whilst I had intended not to eat there I was hoping to have a late night drink. This was not possible as the bar was closed.

I found the room to be exactly thing I wanted. I had an early start the next day and had to be in the city to meet this. Room was close and comfortable. I was able to be in time to meet my early morning train to the Illawarra.

• Guest King Room

TV didn't work, but if Id asked staff Im sure they would have fixed it. It was a long flight so I wasn't that fussed!

Clear comfortable room with lovely big bed, very comfortable and relatively quiet. Air conditioning was quiet and fairly modern so that was a bonus.

• Guest King Room

The step from the bathroom to the room. Easily to get tripped and the height difference should have been the other way around. The free Wifi was quite slow. The room and the corridor smelt a bit.

24hrs reception Good hot water supply

• Guest King Room

Pillows were basically useless.

Great location, 3minute walk to Central station where you can take the metro or lightrail to everywhere. Otherwise, it is a 20mins walk to Pitt Street Mall.

• Guest King Room

Not really actually, if I were being picky, I would blame the view from the room.

Great hotel with secured parking space (extra), not the best location but it is convenient as you could walk to the Darling Harbour or King st Wharf in about 20 minutes. Room was very clean and spacious. Hotel staff was super friendly and helpful plus the breakfast buffet was great.

• Guest King Room

A bit noisy even though there was retro-fitted double glazing. Not enough to keep us awake but more like background noise. Went with the handy area for trains etc.

Excellent coffee and cafe service. Room comfortable. Handy to transport. Handy to other restaurants and small shops.

• Guest King Room

The rooms could do with a refurbishment,they are looking tired. Our sons room had 1 king bed, and a rollaway, it would have been better if it was 2 queen or 1 king and a double. The tv in both rooms was terrible, very fuzzy to watch, in my sons room he couldn’t turn it off at the remote, he had to put his hand 🤚 right up the top and switch it off.

We didn’t eat there except we had coffee each morning from the restaurant, my husband brought it up to our room. We had 2 rooms, they were interconnected, which was good, we had our son and his 2 children with us.

• Guest King Room

- Asked for a wake up call but there was a mix up at reception so it never came. Reception did apologise for the error on my check out but kinda lucky I set an alarm too. - I had a nice view of the spectacular sunrise over the city and Central station clock tower, but the windows were so dirty that you couldn't really appreciate it!

- Very close to Central Station which is really handy to/from the interstate trains or the airport. - Basic but well appointed room with a reasonable mattress. - Bathroom is spacious. - Relatively quite room given it's inner city location.

• Guest King Room

Bathroom was smelly, probably it is the sewerage pipe problem. Needs to have better ventilation.

I requested for twin beds instead of a king and it was ready when We got there. Also we were able to go into our room even though we got there about 11:15am. Convenient location: bus stop in front of the hotel, sushi shop and Bread Top next door, fruit stand and coffee stand outside the front door. Staff were very helpful as well, keeping our baggages till late afternoon after our checkout.

• Guest King Room

TV very low definition, the air conditioner didn't get at all cold enough & the adult movies were very overpriced for ancient R rated crap.

The location in regards to public transport was excellent!

• Guest King Room

Only that I couldn’t stay longer

The staff are fantastic. Very happy courteous reception staff. The conference support people are excellent, nothing was too much trouble. I could not commend the staff more highly.

• Guest King Room

Reception experience on checkin was poor. The two girls were bordering on rude. The most disappointing experience in hotel checkin anywhere in the world.

Good location and clean and quiet venue

No issues

Location excellent, meals were great including breakfast. Room clean - Bed was so so comfy, with the motel across the road from central the room was still very quiet

• Guest King Room

booked alarm call that did not happen. which when you have a 6.30 train to catch that only runs once a week i could have ended having a problem.

close to the station.

Free biscuits in room with tea and coffee would have been a nice touch

Bed comfy. Staff friendly. Great location. Travelled back from a concert to central station and it was a short safe walk to hotel from the station.

• King Room with Courtyard View

There was a small amount of black (possible mould) in the grout at the back of the basin in the bathroom.

It was very convenient to the location of our conference, the staff were very friendly and helpful and we found it to be comfortable and clean. .

• Guest King Room

Only let down was no cutlery in the room so we had to ask to borrow some from the restaurant which wasn't a big deal anyway.

Staff were great, one lady in particular I wish I got her name. She helped my clean up our bathroom when I smashed my make up. Nothing was too much for her and she was super friendly.

• Guest King Room

Staff didnt even make eye contact at check in. Lights were power surging the entire stay and house keeping was noisy early morning and woke us up. No cutlery supplied in the room

• Guest King Room

room air-con very poor cooling, and no filters installed and evaporator choked with dust. Television could not be controlled by the remote, that took two visits by staff to fix. the bed and pillows were very uncomfortable

• Guest King Room

I think the rooms need a decorative change, The tv needs to be bigger and easier to see than the current ones.Perhaps a fresh modern look for rooms contemporary perhaps could be done a floor at a time.

Rendezvous hotel centrally located on George street across central station . Close to restaurants beach and shopping. Friendly staff and Haydn Sarkis Assistant Manager is an assset to hotel . Prevouisly worked at hotel and knows the hotel like no other. Hayden is more than happy to assist you to greet you or if you have a problem fix it.

• Guest King Room

Room smelled. No exhaust fan in bathroom so mirror was useless. Shower recess overflowed so had to ensure water didn't overflow into main carpeted area. Free Wifi was limited. Does not state this in description- misleading advertising

Room was cleaned and close to darling harbour which is where I needed to be.

• Guest King Room

Can’t think of anything at the moment

We arrived early in the morning from Perth and having been awake most of the night the reception personnel were able to have a room ready for us a lot earlier than expected Breakfast was good value and plenty ofchoice

• Guest King Room

I would prefer to know it was an adjoining room.and a chance to change it as it's very noisy

Service was fabulous the girls on the front desk were always smiling and happy nothing was too much trouble. Staff in the restaurant were equally as great.

• Guest King Room

Due to Chinese New year ridiculously high price. Someone smoked in the room. Odor was horrific. They gave us machine to extract the odor and compensated for the discomfort which was appreciated.

Location of the hotel is great

• Guest King Room

The carpet was stained, the windows were dirty, there was no clock in the room and the TV was very poor quality. It would have been nice to have a lounge or some kind of comfortable chair in the room.

The bed was comfortable and the staff were lovely

• Guest King Room

Although a bit under decorated, the room was clean and comfortable for our needs. We did not want for anything. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was also very handy to the local restaurants. The free WIFI was also handy.

• Guest King Room

All good. No issues at all.

Staff exceedingly friendly and helpful. Allowed us a late departure which was very handy. Location far better than expected.

I have no complaints

The location is great, room size more than adequate, friendly helpful staff, cheap car-parking, great value for money. Will definitely be coming back......

• Guest King Room

Visit Coffee stand near main entrance (facility belongs to hotel). Girl who works there has got an exceptional customer service! That was our first impression of the hotel! We arrived after a long journey (30h flight from London). From the moment we walked in and were greeted we had a perfect 5 nights stay. Staff was very friendly and always smiling. Efficient / quick check-in (2min) and check-out process. The location was perfect and in the heart of everything. Room was cosy & clean, lovely bathroom & very comfortable bed. We will return with pleasure to this hotel. Thank you very much for your warm hospitality.

• Guest King Room

Everything it's at a walking distance, good restaurants, shops, theatres, trains.

The breakfast at the restaurant at the hotel is the worse I have ever had in a htel

• Guest King Room

Surrounding area not good for pubs or restaurants, but within walking distance of Darling Harbour.

Great location. Very clean and lovely comfortable bed.

• Guest King Room

The restaurant and bar was not open on a weekend.

Location was great because we trained up from Wollongong and it was walking distance from the station which was handy because it was raining.

• Guest King Room

The most uncomfortable bed i have ever slept on in 20 years of international travel. Avoid room 712 like the plague

Reasonable location. Well priced for sydney

• Guest King Room

The room was not particularly clean, bed was rock hard, plastic feel to the sheets, I've enjoyed better furnishings in a pub room at 1/3 the cost ... very dated, austere, the road noise was intrusive (even though we asked for a quiet room), a number of tv channels weren't operating .. the list goes on. Did I mention the cost of parking. We'll not stay here again.

The location was good for the events we were interested in. Staff were nice but not overly proactive.

Nothing I could fault.

The bed that felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. The lovely gesture of checking in early with no additional charge as we were so tired from travelling. Great location.

• Guest King Room

The room has no door latch or door lock from the inside. The bed is dusty and mattress too soft. The toilet wash basin is full of stains. The phone in the room is not working. The walkway outside the room to the lift has a very stale smell.

Centralised location, within walking distance to shopping centres, restaurants, food outlets and facilities.

• Guest King Room

The tap in the kitchen area was not flowing properly, spraying all over the place. One TV remote didn't work

The room was much bigger than expected. Not sure if the others are this size or not. Great to have a coffee pod machine. Bed was comfortable

Browse Rendezvous Hotel Sydney Central traveller photo gallery