Reviews of Adelaide Rockford 4 stars

164 Hindley Street, Adelaide CBD, 5000 Adelaide, Australia

#45 of 93 hotels in Adelaide

The location was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

My room was upgraded for no apparent reason until I woke to the sound of construction noises at 7:30am. This wouldn’t have bothered me had I had been notified.

The location was great.

Our stay would have been perfect if it wasn't for the extreme noise of hotel works. Room clean and
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

We were not told of building works upon arrival or booking, nor were we given an apology. We were rudely woken up at 8am by extremely loud drilling in the next room that went on for 2 hours before we had to leave our hotel room due to the noise.

Bed was comfy, location centered

Had a great time with my friend
    • Superior Suite

TV in the rong spot to watch from your bed. If you need.

Good clean room a spa is the way to go. Great hot water really hot if needed. Nice and relaxing in the spa if you need. (I did) lol. Had a quick swim and a nice surna on the roof and a great view from all side that you can see most of Adelaide.

represented value for money although rooms need a little love and attention.
    • Superior Suite

rooms were dated and require a makeover couldnt turn off the spa jets had to boil kettle on the floor near the power point

friendly and helpful staff. comfotable bed good breakfast

Great price and location.
    • Standard Queen Room

We couldn’t go on the balcony as they have renovations happening but we didn’t know this before booking, no cutlery in the room, we had to ask for it.

Great price and location. Happy and friendly staff that greeted us. Was quiet , couldn’t hear people in other rooms.

Nice stay. Good location

Used Sauna as was a cold night. Sauna was good, but it is a very small sauna. 3 max. The pool/sauna area was unlit and very hard to navigate. Once up on the pool level you had to phone to reception to turn sauna on. However the phone is on the opposite side of the pool area , and the sign does not elude to where the phone is. Very hard to find in the dark. Pool is also not heated. Not a deterrent , just an observation. Maybe something the reception staff could advise at the start. (I did Inquire about the use of he sauna when I checked in).

Location was ideal. Really handy to Cafes , restaurants, shops.

Underwhelmed
    • Superior Suite

Didn't tell us they were doing work on building when we booked, couldn't use balcony. Bed sheets were hard, scratchy and awfully uncomfortable, had to take them off to sleep Dusty and run down old room, dimming lights didn't work properly Noisy, could hear HQ all night long!

Spa bath was lovely to have in bedroom,

Weekend getaway to visit the exhibitions at the Art Gallery of SA
    • Standard Queen Room

The light switches were too far away from the edge of the bed - you really had to lean out to reach them.

The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was hot immediately.

I will certainly be staying at the Rockford in the future
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

The bathroom. The shower over the half bath had very little to screen water from the rest of the room and water would pool on the ledge with nowhere to run off

The staff were excellent

They found my hat, which I'd left by the pool, and made...
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

I left my hat by the pool on Sunday afternoon, but didn't realise until Monday evening. I asked at reception that evening, but I didn't feel the person cared or was at all helpful. I said if it had been found, it would be detailed in the house-keeping report. He looked quickly at that on the computer, and said nothing had been found. There is a happy ending though. The next morning I asked again at reception, told them it was an expensive hat, and asked if they could check with house-keeping. At lunch time I got a call saying the hat had been found. Glad to have it back, but disappointed in with the staff on Monday evening, as I felt he was very unhelpful.

They found my hat, which I'd left by the pool, and made sure it was returned to me.

i was not happy with the customer service i recevied from...
    • Superior Suite

i was not happy with the customer service i recevied from the staff very rude on the phone , didnt not get told about car parking and the extra cost, once we got to out room the room was not very clean dust every where. heater did not work very cold at night and ver noisy. would not stay here again.

Average, overpriced hotel in a good location

A very average room with shower that leaked badly and needs a new shower head. The curtains were really dirty and the windows didn't open so there was no fresh air. The room was automatically heated overnight and it was too warm to be comfortable. The meal we had in the hotel restaurant was not great especially for the price.

Great location, close to the city, convention centre etc.

The room was excellent.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was appalling. Charge $30 for buffet and food less than mediocre.Sat down with rest of family for breakfast at 915am to have leisurely breakfast. Six of us, then to be told that breakfast finished at 930am. Left disappointed and went to nearby cafe. They missed out on $180 ...weren't interested in looking after us...their loss.

The room was excellent. The King bed very comfortable and the bathroom good size with great shower.

Good location, easily accessible to mall.
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately breakfast wasn't included in our rate and we ate other meals out so cannot comment on restaurant. Would have liked to be able to open room windows.

The room service menu was very good and good value
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

The pool was great but it was not heated . This would have been much better if it was heated The area that the hotel is in is a bit seedy with lots of mens clubs and strip clubs

The room service menu was very good and good value

I kind of expected more. Room doors need door closers that people cant bang it all night.
    • Standard Queen Room

I checked in by myself with a lot of luggage. No one from the staff members offered me help. We could hear the elevator running all night as well as people banging doors all the time.

the room was nice, spacious and clean.

Great stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Carpark is small and very expensive. Lift is a bit slow to open and close doors.

The bed was comfortable. Great location being in the heart of the city. Close to the nightlife, close to Rundle Mall and Casino.

The room is clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

I could smell a cigarette smoke in the room but I just don’t know where it was coming from.

The room is clean. Hotel location is accessible to everything- shops, restaurants, transpo, hospital, etc. Parking is available onsite at reasonable cost.

The facilities did not compensate for the noisy and unsavoury atmosphere of the surrounding area.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Location, our room was on level one and opposite clubs and what turned out to be a block of massage/strip clubs on the neighbouring corner, so we found the location noisy and unsavoury.

Proximity to everything, and having car parking option, very important given we were on a road trip. Also the room and service were fantastic.

Semi good location, rooms were very clean and beds very comfy!
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

Feel it was a bit pricey for what it was. The balcony was closed off so you couldn’t get any fresh air which left the room smelling a bit musty.

Beds were really comfy! Very clean.

Staff were wonderful, all very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

Staff were wonderful, all very friendly and helpful. Booked to be around the corner from conference centre, so location great for me. Breakfast was great, room great. Walk into the centre (Rundle mall) was an easy 10 minutes. It was across the road from nightclubs so noisy on Friday and Saturday nights BUT Adelaide seems to close early, so I still slept well. The walk to Rundle mall was through the 'Kings Cross strip' (as my colleague put it) with the nightclubs and strip clubs but I felt no anxiety walking through the area as a single female during the day, early evening. I went for a walk early morning the first day I went there and it was a bit creepy - not a soul in sight so I just walked one block over, in front of the conference centre.

Won’t be back
    • Superior Suite

Room was dated 1 loft for the whole hotel which clearly wasn’t enough Suspicious looking stain on one of the cushions on the bed In a rough block of the cbd didn’t feel especially safe at night Asked repeatedly at check in regarding set up of room with one bed as we are a same sex couple

Room was large, comfortable bed

Great option for anyone wanting to be close in to the centre of the city.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast off at 9am weekdays and 9.30am weekends is a little tough!

Very comfortable, clean, value for money and helpful, pleasant staff. Will definitely stay again on return to Adelaide.

Great location, nice room., crap view.

Was close to the function centre. Was clean, free wifi. If you didn't need your room serviced they provide you with a $10.00 voucher to spend at the restaurant. Close to city.

You can hear all noises from your room. My room was located next to a door that the staff used. So contantl the door was slaming till it drove me nuts. They need to put a sighn on it asking the staff to have consideration gor the guests and close the door, tather than letying it go to slam.

Overall lovely place to stay reasonable price close to Rundle Mall and lots of places nearby to eat
    • Superior King Room

Being in the room next to the lift as we heard it going up and down all night with people talking outside our door while waiting for the lift to come

The bed was comfortable modern decor lovely bathroom

When I paid for the room it stated in the email from booking...
    • Superior Suite

When I paid for the room it stated in the email from booking . Com that we were entitled for a $50 voucher for the restaurant. When I asked the staff they said there was no such deal for us. Quite disappointed in that ..

Not the best location in the evening.
    • Superior King Room

Not the best location in the evening. Noisy street and very close to motorway. Expensive for what it was, but it was the weekend and think they put the prices up.

All good would happily stay again
    • Superior King Room

Loved the option to have grab and go breakfast ( which I took to my room) that was reasonably priced-(within the allowed amount for work claims) and the $1 cappuccino was a nice bonus !!

A little bit of paradise

The price was a bit to expensive but I could understand as it was long weekend...

The bed was super comfy! Staff front reception lovely and we checked out a bit later due to partner being unwell they did not charge us extra. Pool area was beautiful...

Good location, pleasant staff, but not up to standard of the level of tariff paid.
    • Superior King Room

I did not think the standard of the hotel was up to the $300+ tariff I paid. Presumably there was a loading because it was a busy time, but for this money I expected better. My room seemed to have been recently renovated and was OK (although I really dislike non-removable hangers). The cafe was not appealing and its hours were limited (ditto for room service), when you are returning from evening shows. The surroundings of the rooftop pool are shabby and need sprucing up.

The location, especially for someone attending the Adelaide Arts Festival, was good - I could walk to the Festival Centre and I was near important visual arts venues. The free tram is a block away and I used if a lot because it was air-conditioned and convenient, and the weather was hot. The reception staff were friendly and helpful (though they should tell guests not to put the room key card near other cards or a phone - I had to change three cards before I got this advice).

4.5
    Uncomfortable Room
    • Superior King Room

An uncomfortable room. Despite being turned off the air conditioning was noisy and continued to blow cold air across the bed all night. I won't be back.

Location is good.

Overnight visit to Adelaide.
    • Superior Suite

Staff were a bit slow at check out..

Very comfortable room , the bed was comfy, also. Very quiet area of town. Lovely bathroom and spa with plenty of room.

Room would have been perfect if it had balcony/open windows access.
    • Superior Suite

Room was claustrophobic, situated right at the end of a thin hallway, no access to windows for fresh air, no sunlight. Relaxing in room and utilising faculties was hard, due to cold, claustrophobic feel, despite the big space.

Clean Rooms, Good facilities in room. Bed very comfy. Free iPad and wifi is a great idea.

Surprisingly well appointed and value for money.
    • Superior King Room

The fridge in the room was fairly noisey. I needed to turn it off overnight.

The room was spacious with loads of natural light and spotlessly clean. The bed was extra comfortable with great pillows. Quietest air-con i have ever come across. TV was a good size with a good selection of channels.

Loved staying here will definitely be back and will recommend to others!
    • Standard Queen Room

Excellent location, the rooms were very clean and roomy. Comfortable beds, excellent shower, complete block out curtains, wifi that actually works, friendly staff what more could you ask for. Will definitely be back 😊

Very comfortable room with great beds.
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

To take advantage of the food specials we had to eat in the bar.

I was traveling with my sister who became very ill the first night of our stay. The staff organised a late checkout so she didn’t have to hang around at the airport for hours.

Eanjoyable short stay in Adealide CBD
    • Superior King Room

The restaurant on the premises could have been better and there was not a lot of choice in the street close by.

The room was recently renovated and was very spacious and comfortable. The location was perfect for places we wanted to visit.

• Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

High stepup into bath...dangerous Glass screen doesn’t keep water in very well. Water went everywhere...slippery floor.

Great location. Very helpful staff. Comfortable bed. Good happy hours

Couldn't have picked a better place as it was in a very convienient location.

high edge surrounding pool

Just around corner to tram and very close to City Centre also short walk from train station. Pool is great except it has about a 400mm ledge around pool making it a bit hard to get into the pool as I have bad knees but other wise very nice pool especially on a hot day. There is also a steam room but it was way to hot for that. Spa bath in room was great.

It was in a good location

Room was okay but unfortunately i was in the emergency room all night and wasnt able to enjoy anything. I didnt get discharged til 930am.. So i only just made it before checkout..

It was in a good location

Okay
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

I stayed in a room the Adelaide Rockford a few weeks before my most recent stay and the room was gorgeous however the room I stayed in on Saturday was very disappointing it looked as if someone completely different had designed it and it appeared to really have the bare necessities in it. Fortunately I was out most of the time and the bed was comfortable

The service was excellent, very polite and professional

Friendly staff, great customer service, very clean swimming...

Everything was great!

Friendly staff, great customer service, very clean swimming pool was very nice. Cheap and in the best location right Adelaide cbd centre.

Comfortable and a great base for visiting South Australia. Felt like home for 8 nights
    • Deluxe King Suite

Breakfast was really nice but a bit pricey As was the parking. That said it was nice to have secure parking.... just make sure you specify that you will need a parking space when you book!

Our large room (223) was more like a serviced apartment. It was clean and although we didn’t try the sauna, the swimming pool was a welcomed addition on the hot days after long trips out to see the many wonderful places in SA. Many nice little places to eat locally, notably Peter Rabbit for healthy options and Phonatics for yum Viet food. Within walking distance of Pinky Flat and the centre of the city. The staff were all really helpful and pleasant.

Fabulous value for money, friendly and welcoming.
    • Superior Suite

There wasn’t enough provision for vegetarians in either the restaurant or in room dining service. I also found it very odd for a hotel to close its bar and restaurant on a Sunday. I have never come across this in all the hotels I have stayed in around the world.

My room was lovely and large with excellent facilities. The beds were extremely comfortable and guests were encouraged to be more eco aware by the use of a daily $10 voucher for reuse of towels etc. I especially liked having laundry facilities available. As a solo traveller, I felt relaxed using the bar area and the provision of flavoured water, newspapers, TV were additional benefits. I was impressed by the welcoming attitude of the staff who were extremely helpful.

Nice hotel but didn’t get my deposit back even though the room was left spotless
    • Standard Queen Room

Did not get my $50 deposit back, I would have rated this hotel better but this has left a bad taste in my mouth

The room was clean enough & were lucky to get an upgrade

Relaxing
    • Standard Queen Room

The sauna was only on for a 15 MINUTE TIMER BY THE TIME IT WAS JUST STARTING TO GET HOT IT WAS TURNING OFF PRITTY POOR

EXCELLENT ROOM VERY MODERN AND SPACIOUS AND SPOTLESS CLEAN

Comfortable stay
    • Standard Queen Room

I was in room 311 and it was adjacent the elevator and I could hear it throughout the night

The room was very large The bed was very comfortable The TV was large with a good choice of channels There was an iPad in the room which could be used to access the internet Great tea and coffee making facilities It was in a great location with a 24 hour lobby Two large chairs as well as a desk Attentive staff

Lovely stay in modern room with awesome room service!
    • Superior King Room

The semi transparent frosted sliding toilet door that unless held in place for a few seconds before letting go would open itself while about to sit on the toilet.

The modern decor and facilities in the room

Great location, nice rooftop pool, but you get what you pay for.
    • Standard Queen Room

I arrived quite late at night, and although the staff were quite friendly and did their best to be helpful, the key I was given to my room didn't work, so I had to return to reception. Then the replacement key didn't work, so the staff member had to go and put me in another room and come back with a third key. The room I was put in looked at a cement grill facing out onto the main street and the lady next door coughed all night. The walls are quite think I think.

The price for the room was excellent, and the rooftop pool was a great way to start the morning. The location of the hotel is right in the centre of town - you can explore all of Adelaide from this hotel as your base.

Ideal for my trip

It was not advertised prior to booking the hotel that the dining room and bar was closed on a Sunday, the WIFI had problems for approx 24 hours.

The room was very comfortable, the rooftop pool was really good, staff were helpfull, the location was ideal for walking along to the rundal mall.

Advertised Parking Restaurant Wi FI and booked late check...
    • Standard Queen Room

Advertised Parking Restaurant Wi FI and booked late check out The parking is around the corner and you pay the restaurant was closed and WI Fi didn't work Check out was 10am

good location pool was great staff were friendly for the...
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

Might hear some street noise but in saying that your in the middle of the city so that's to be expected

good location pool was great staff were friendly for the price we were very happy.

Enjoyed more than some of places were we stay in past
    • Standard Queen Room

Finding out last minute no parking onsite Required to park off site walk back Not a long way but would be nice to made aware of this on booking Air conditioner died middle of night

Room and space was very comfortable Tv we'll placed Bathroom good size

Perfect place to wallow in our New Years' Day hangovers!

Sauna might need a tune up - doesn't get quite hot enough!

Great room! Very comfy bed and bathroom was great. Located in the CBD but in the slightly sleazy end of town, but an easy walk down the shops and good restaurants. Parking was very easy and secure ($20 a day) Pool on the roof was wonderful to relax at!

Terrible
    • Standard Queen Room

Room next to lift that was extremely noisy, screaming children running up and down the corridor late at night. On arrival I had to wait 10 minutes for someone to check me in, when he did turn up he was rude and obnoxious and it looked like he just woke up, disgraceful.

Very comfortable bed, large room

Would definitely stay here again.
    • Superior Suite

The view from the balcony, also there was no offer of parking when booking the room

Would definitely stay here again. All 3 of us couples had different rooms and all were excellent.

How soundproof the room was.
    • Superior King Room

Better view, cleaner balcony (cigarette butts on floor, very dirty), bathroom with spa, breakfast included, anti slip mats in elevator due to people entering whilst wet from pool making the floor wet. Shower head needs replacing as streams of water went in all different directions. TV channels need better reception as could not watch some channels

How soundproof the room was. Didnt hear any noise from near clubs and drunken people on hindley st. The room was modern looking and we had a pretty good view of the fireworks for nye.

• Standard Queen Room

Quiet, clean, had a great sleep. Complimentary upgrade of room. Able to leave car parked in car park after checkout for a few hours to have breakfast before driving home for 10 hours.

Good location, good value

Room was strangely laid out so that TV was difficult to watch and furnishings were quite worn. Although hotel looked after the jacket, they were quite unhelpful about packing it up for courier collection etc so my son ended up flying back from Melbourne to collect it personally. View from room not great.

Location great for walking into main areas of Adelaide. Bed very comfortable - one of best during our trip. Staff friendly on arrival and contacted us to tell us our son had left a jacket with his passport - then looked after it until we could get it collected.

Fantastic. Will definitely book again. Value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

Wasnt a fan of the bathroom door being sliding without a lock. No big deal though.

Bed was so comfortable. Staff were lovely. Booked the room for a second night.

Really enjoyed our stay
    • Standard Queen Room

You have to pay $20 a day to use their car park when you’d think for a hotel like this, it would be included in the price

We got upgraded to a king suite free of charge! Pool facilities are lovely and clean Good location Room was immaculate

not going back
    • Superior Suite

Room was weird layout , if you sat at desk other person couldn't see or hear you. furniture was chipped and daggy cupboard doors had broken hinges. Entry door didn't close easily and had to bang it a few times to secure. f Bathroom door squeaked loudly .....especially in the middle of the night. bathrobe was ripped on arm. Ironing board had no foam and filthy cover had to use a towel. ALL glassware was dirty Rang for reception but they didn't answer the phone. With the exception of the breakfast hostess, the male staff couldn't be bothered greeting or acknowledging us, considering we were the only people walking thru the foyer on several occasions.... just bloody ignorant.

Leaving ! Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was very nice. Fantastic Vietnamese and Indian restaurants directly across road.......not that the staff would tell you they couldn't be bothered to explain the hotel restaurant was closed and make any suggestions

An extremely comfortable stay. Beautiful bed, clean and comfortable room, close to city.

$20 per day parking fee was a bit much

Our stay was very enjoyable. A very comfortable bed. Everything was clean and pleasantly set out. We were impressed by the green option to not have room cleaned and towels swapped every day😊 The pool area was relaxing.

Overall a disappointing visit . I would not stay here again

1: I was initially given a room well below the standard I had booked 2: Even though 24 hour room service is advertised , there was none available on Sunday and the restaurant does not open also. 3: the surrounding area could probably be labelled a red light district and felt unsafe to walk through. 4: Even though the staff were friendly they were not knowledgable about tourist attractions and how to access them

The staff were very friendly

It was okay.
    • Standard Queen Room

The smell and dated room.

The room we stayed in this time was a bit old and dated. There were marks on the wall as well as a damp, mothball smell in the room. We opened the windows up to air the room out but that only did so much. Altogether it was an alright stay, good location, but the older rooms like the one we stayed in needs renovation.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Fantastic!!
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff were incredible! They upgraded our room when we arrived to check in and consistently provided impeccable customer service. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. We loved the pool area on the top floor as well!

Very well located for my visit as i was going to the Convention centre - I will stay again.
    • Superior Suite

View wasn't great but I did get an upgrade.

I found the staff very helpful at check in, the bed was very comfortable, the room clean and internet good.

Uneventful
    • Superior King Room

The absolute rip off rates because cricket ashes on. Over double the price per night during cricket. Not cool!!!!!!!!!!

Comfortable polite staff location

We had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at Adelaide Rockford.
    • Superior Suite

It would have been nice to have a microwave in the room. There was plenty of room on the bench for one. The wifi kept dropping out and the tv would often cut out too. Not sure what was happening there.

The pool was lovely to be in after a day out in the heat. The bed was very comfortable. We loved the bath. The hotel was close to SAMHRI where I went for an education day, and only a couple of blocks the other way to Rundle Mall. Some lovely restaurants nearby where we got takeaway two of the nights, and one meal of room service which was very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Friendly Staff / Excellent Location.
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

Nothing to complain about.

Situated very close to the Adelaide main town.Walking distance to Rundle Mall and shopping street.Very help full and pleasing staff at the reception desk.They gave us all the directions to the nearby shops and restaurants Nice and clean room with enough space to move around. Definitely will come back again during our next visit.

Nice stay!

I didn't like the lightning in the room at all. It is a very cold light. What I don't understand is that the soap and toiletries are replaced every day. I don't need a new soap daily! Think of ecology!!

The pool on the roof is very nice and I liked the comfort of the bed very much. It was very handy to have an iPad in the room. Staff really are friendly.

Great value
    • Standard Room - Two Queen Beds

The staff were friendly and professional. There was a good wifi connection. I was able to walk with my suitcase from the Adelaide Convention Centre to the hotel and then walk to a nice restaurant for dinner.

Location above all
    • Standard Queen Room

Some of the tv channels weren’t tuned properly and there was no toilet brush

It was central and easy to go to the main sights. Aircon was lovely and the bed was huge and comfy

Won’t book there again and will tell friends and family the same
    • Standard Queen Room

The service was terrible, and when I had a dispute with the duty manager he raised his voice and hung up on me

Nothing about the hotel will not be staying there again

Excellent value for money. Friendly staff & clean and comfortable room.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

No bar or food service on Sundays.

Despite the fact that the Rockford is located in the 'night life' district our room (which faced the street) was quiet. Plenty of restaurants and facilities within walking distance from the hotel.

Browse Adelaide Rockford traveller photo gallery