Reviews of Royal Woods Resort 4.5 stars

16 Mulyan Place, Ashmore, 4214 Gold Coast, Australia

#79 of 128 hotels in Gold Coast

• One-Bedroom Suite

This place is awesome, I have nothing negative to say at all, just wished I booked it for longer.

This place is amazing, from large comfortable cozy units, the beds are so comfortable, to the amazing facilities, the pool and spas are fantastic, crystal clear and so much seating for everyone, the bbqs are an added bonus, the pool table was a massive plus, so very family orinaited, and the staff are very friendly and helpful

Spa bath did not work

I think it was a good spot for a family stay and the villa was nice. The spa bath did not work so that was a small minus. A bit dated but I knew that before booking plus this is not a 5 star place so if that is what you want then you need to pay more somewhere else.overall very good value for money and friendly staff.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The extremely outdated and tired condition of the premises. Smelly drain, curtains that didn't 'meet', extremely worn appliances and furniture. The key broke in the lock, which had previously been extremely stiff and taken minutes for the staff member who showed us to our room to open the door. We should have known to question this then. Even when EXTREMELY fortunately the security guard was on his rounds did manage to get a replacement key - it took him several minutes to get the door open and even then the key bent!

The location was excellent for access to the Carrara/Metricon stadium.

• One-Bedroom Suite

1) error made in booking (admittedly my own it seems), but limited enthusiasm from management for reimbursement / rectification, despite management’s ability to do so as a gesture of goodwill - excuses made regarding opportunity cost “given how busy season is, upcoming commonwealth games, etc.” (seemingly not a strong case, since I booked late on with no difficulty, as did my brother who also booked another apartment after me, and we’re only talking about one day, and the games are still several weeks away) 2) bottled water vending machine seemed not to be stocked (or otherwise chose not to deliver water despite accepting money), at least on the one occasion when I tried it late one night, after reception was closed 3) disappointing that there weren’t more vending facilities given the apparent lack of any nearby convenience stores / shops, at least for basic needs (snacks, etc.) 4) no safes in the apartments, to store valuables, etc.

1) clean and functional 2) feeling of security 3) friendly staff

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was broken , the lack of toilet paper , 4.5 star rating was over rated , very dated would have been a great place in the 90s

The staff were great

• One-Bedroom Suite

The room was so dusty and yuck. Hadn't been cleaned thoroughly in a VERY long time!! The ducted air-conditioning vent was fully closed in the bedroom, couldn't figure out why it was so hot! The floors in the apartment were gritty and gross. The whole apartment smelt like stale dusty air. A technician was 'changing' the air conditioner filter when we arrived, but the grate in the roof was covered in dust. So the air it was pushing out was filthy and dusty too. In the middle of a heat wave. The staff member when informed tried to get our email address to give us compensation, we refused as even of it was free we would NEVER stay at this property again. Disgusting! Please hire cleaning staff that actually do their jobs properly!! For the sake of your future customers!!

It was quiet.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The carpets were a bit shabby and the ducted air con was not very cold and took a few hours to get cold and they didn't have clean filters. You could see a lot of dust and after it was turned on it gave us very severe hay fever.

It was beautiful and spacious. And exceeded expectations.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There was no tea towel. The carpets looked like they had not been vacuumed. The main room was too light with no window covers for the door. This is a problem if you are using the sofa bed.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I would have loved to have a green tea bag in the tea and coffee station.

Staff were great, the pillows were awesome, private balcony was a bonus, having my own garage was really good too.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Where do I start! It seemed nice upon arrival. Big gates and nice entrance but that was probably the best thing about it. The drive in and the drive out. When I went to check in I was informed that I had to pay a $100 bond which was not specified when the booking was made. We had booked a one bedroom apartment but upon arrival we were advised that they didn't have any left so they had "upgraded" us to a 2 bedroom. The only catch being that if we set foot in the second bedroom we would have to pay extra so wasn't really an upgrade at all. The apartment was old and dated. The couches made us itchy. The main bedroom had a really damp smell to it and the ensuite bathroom with the hot tub in it, smelt like sewage. The cupboards in the bathroom were warped and the drawers were broken and crumbling. The hot tub seemed old and dirty, I wouldn't even wash my dog in there. In saying that the hot tub was tiny anyway so you could probably only fit a small child in there and definitely not an adult comfortably. The toiletries consisted of a bottle of cheap squeezy soap stuck to the wall of the shower and next to the bathroom sink. No shampoo or conditioner. Only 2 towels were provided and you had to pay extra if you wanted towels to use in the outdoor pool. Highly disappointed. Will not be back and will never recommend to anyone else either!!!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Had to share a garage with another group. Could hear everytime they accessed their car. Furnishings and fittings were a bit dated.

Pool and leisure facilities were excellent. Bed was comfortable.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Property could do with some external maintenance - mould on Buildings etc - not hard to grab a Gurney and start cleaning.

Proximity to conference was great.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Twin Beds

BEWARE WEIRD CHECK-IN ARRANGEMENT! - GATES to this gated resort were locked as I arrived after 9pm. I called security who rocked up 40 minutes later with keys to let me into the complex. Not happy! I later noticed that earlier that day I received a message to be there before 9pm. This was too late for me as I was on a flight all day and came straight from the airport. It should have been noted on the booking.

Spacious.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was extra comfy awesome choice of pillows to allow a great stay heaps of room for the bikes and surfboards car secured in garage which was located off the room very handy a very nice cafe close by also a supermarket all in walking distance.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was not quite big enough for my partner to fit comfortably - he is very tall (6'8") though. We did find the garage remote a little bit confusing, as well.

Loved the spa bath! The resort was beautiful and well maintained. Very soft beds, and staff were courteous and efficient.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The accommodation was amazing for the price, location staff and the bird calls in the morning were great. Would be happy to stay again It was a good to relax in the spa bath

• One-Bedroom Suite

The spa bath facilities did not operate in the ensuite bathroom. The mattress was mushy, not good for my back. Pillow menu in the folder in the apartment indicated 3 different numbers to contact reception. It also had a pillow menu of three options and none are actually available. Numbering system to get in and out of the estate was very messy and it was difficult to follow the numbering process for the different exits from the estate as well as the monitor for the garage. Only 20 minutes to the beaches.

Gated estate, spacious apartment, secure parking, green surroundings, close to shopping centre for food. Quiet surroundings, lock up garage for the vehicle. Well kept clean apartment. The Resort is exactly as it appears in the photos.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I had my sister stay and paid for 2 people but didn't want to share a bed so asked for other bedding, still having paid for 2 and was charged an extra amount anyway. Don't think that is fair or good business. Work with your clients needs without necessarily overcharging for extra bedding when you have not increased allowed adults in rooms.

Convenience of location.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Beds were extremely uncomfortable, mattresses were sagging. Shower head sprayed water everywhere and needed to be replaced urgently. We couldn't use our car park as the person in the unit above had taken up the whole garage (maybe put lines in the middle for people to see that 2x cars are meant to fit in). We could also hear every step/word/tv/shower from the person in the unit above which didn't make the stay enjoyable.

Close to metricon stadium

• Three-Bedroom Villa

A whisk or grater would've been handy in the kitchen

Spacious 3 bedroom villa Quiet resort Very friendly staff on check in and check out Kookaburras laughing in the morning Very secure Plus they gave me box of chocolates on check in because it's was my birthday weekend 😊

• One-Bedroom Suite

The dryer could have worked - it kept shorting out. The bathroom doors were an issue - very loose and we did not shut them in fear of being locked in /out. the television was difficult to use - no foxtel even though the unit below had foxtel... a television in the bedroom would have also been nice. The unit we had , had a make do kitchen that I believe was an afterthought more bench space would be beneficial.

bed was comfy, area was quiet great location

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was very hard &not good quality,The aircon was a little noisey,the toilet keept filling throughout the night.The lounge was not ideal for watching tv.Not laid out well.

THE unit was lovely,quiet and spacious& well equiped.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

My unit had a very tired decor throughout inside - not been updated for many years, which is unexpected for a 4+ star resort. Requirement for a 'holding deposit' after the full amount for stay has already been paid, is not great.

Very pleasant outside areas, nice welcome at reception. Spacious apartment.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was not firm enough,mattress alittle old.Door handles fell off and towel rail fell down. Shower door in main bathroom too narrow for big people.(needs redesigning).

I liked the security and plenty of space in our unit.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The accommodation was a bit 'tired' and showing its age. The rooms could do with a bit of a refurb. It was unclear that wi-fi was free - I was not asked at check in, and the compendium said I'd have to pay. I actually forgot the fact that the Booking terms said it was included in the price until it was too late.

The size of the accommodation was great - a three room apartment for less than the price of a motel room. The location was good for me, as I attended a conference at the Royal Pines nearby, which was a short walk or cab ride.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

When I first opened the unit there was a musty closed up smell. There seemed to be all these warning signs about theft which made me a little nervous and made me wonder how dangerous the area really is? I only saw one other guest . The complex was very quiet.

It is conveniently located to Pindara hospital where my husband was having an operation. The bed was comfortable. The area is very peaceful and you can hear the birds. Although the decor is dated I had everything I needed. Very good washing machine and dryer.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Reception calling at 7.30 am to check if our car was blocking access to a garden was not needed, we'd supplied our rego number at booking in so they could easily have checked. This was then compounded by not having any water for at least half an hour presumably whilst work was being carried out. Beds were extremely hard, oddly laid out house, whilst in a great development, absolutely no view at all. No pictures on the walls, adding to the prison like feel, this coupled with the security warnings, lock up rules, and safety warnings did make for a slightly un-settling feel. Pool area and "sauna" need some updates too.

Very quiet location, away from hustle and bustle. Friendly service from the staff.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Checkin I felt like a criminal.Had already paid for the room before arrival.I was asked for a credit card swipe for incidentals then id.

Very spacious apartment

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Suite with Spa Bath

nothing.

The setting of the property was so quiet and peaceful. It was a much needed break away we enjoyed it very much. They turned on the waterfall for us while we were in the pool.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Poor air conditioning in upper rooms leading to failure. In need of some refurbishment.

Easy drive to many Gold Coast activities. Helpful staff. Upgrade given when problems arose

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

the facilities just looked like they needed some TLC, such as the pool fence which was of a temporary fix as it looks like the permanent structure had been wrecked.

Pool and surrounds were looking like needing an overhaul. but kept well cleaned and close to unit. Staff were great even checking on us when we were late for the time we had said we would be there for check in.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Interior walls were quite patched but really needed a repaint.

Breaky box, unit size, quiet courtyard table in garden, welcoming staff including manager.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Hot spa didn't work. Waterfall didn't work. Air one wasn't working properly set to 18 and hardly felt it. Did not get breakfast pack which was part of booking deal through trivago. Had issues with remote for gate and didn't inform us could have parked near gates and they would have opened until we checked out. Everything was a little dated for what we paid.

Pool was good. Overall feel of place was nice, buildings were nice, nice quiet place. Good size rooms

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Rooms were hot and dark. Had to run aircon full time. Location a bit out of the way with closest shops a 15 minute walk away.

Friendly service and lovely breakfast pack for the first day

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Price, shabby deteriorated rooms, obviously poorly cleaned. Stuck in dark back apartment when whole place was empty. Very awkward stairs and twisting front entry. Had to walk through millions of ants. Far from pool after request for close to pool. Again... The place was empty so accommodating this request was never considered. It was very hot, but each time we left the room the air conditioning was turned off by 'helpful' staff. It then took hours to cool down again. Irritating at 380 per day. Just not happy with value for money.

My son wanted to go back for the pool. Fond memories only reason we went.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The air-conditioning could have been stronger,had to wait a while for it to kick into action.

The gardens were lovely and the whole place was peaceful, no loud music or people.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Three-Bedroom Villa

The facilities are quite dated and some of the maintenance was under par. Also the pool was out of action as it was under renovation. I was very disappointed by that.

The resort is very lovely and the staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Completing pool renovations..but new customers should have improved facilities in this regard.

Bed comfy, all rooms had a good amount of space, ability to store and cook some food was appreciated as was having ironing and clothes washing and drying facilities. Had a secured individual car bay too - connected to the apartment. Staff friendly and helpful, the only "negative" was that their pool renovations were deleayed - but I understand they're complete now. Good atmosphere. :)

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

all above

the aircon didn't work in the bed room the pool was working the back area was full of weeds 1 roll of toilet paper for 3 days the towels or sheets we not changed every other hotel changes them every second day be caure they keep my deposit saying i dirtyed the doorner cover very poor 2 star im saying

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Rooms are dated and are slowly improving however look past that.

We are annual visitors to RW, we enjoy the trip every year. It's away from the hustle and bussle, great staff very helpful, secure location, big rooms and garage parking, like having your own unit

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Staff were initially not very accommodating when trying to pay for my room. My credit limit was not high enough to pay entire amount in one transaction and then they do not accept cash. Pool facilities were also not available.

Accommodation facilities were clean, comfortable and spacious.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Suite with Spa Bath

This booking was based on the fact this was supposed to be a resort , as it turned out all facility's were closed for renovation , this was not highlighted at the time of booking or on arrival at the RESORT. The manager/ owner who was on site stated she was willing to charge for one night and refund the balance, upon returning home and checking the bank l found this not to be , the promised refund has never shown up , only a part of it, no sign of the other holding money 200$ aus thy held, live and learn . Just avoid this place

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Could hear the people in the room below us 1 night in the bath and bedroom. Was late and they were really enjoying themselves noisily. Will be wonderful when the pool area renovation is complete. Clean towels would have been nice. And nearly ran out of toilet paper.

Good Value. Comfortable. Really spacious

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

I didn't like sharing washing machine and dryer and garage with other unit . Also sofa needs to be replaced as when you sit on it you nearly touch the floor . Bed was as hard as the floor . Overall the unit was very dated .

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bath is not clean, has been washed with hot water shower milk, or dirty, the body is very itchy bath, very uncomfortable, please improve Toilet flushing system is not very perfect, the hub of many times before they can In short, the room clean and tidy needs to be strengthened Hotel receipt of the deposit has not returned, we did not damage the room but did not return the deposit back, very bad

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

On arrival the staff member confirmed that the room was paid in full then asked to use my debit card again as he would need to withdraw an extra $100 deposit which would be held for 3 to 5 business days incase of any damages to the room.I told him that this condition was not stated when I booked the room online,he insisted that it was and must be paid. I asked him to show me on his computer to which he said"I'll let it pass this time. This incident left us feeling abit unwelcome and to be honest affected the overall mood of our short stay.

We love coffee and toast for breakfast which was provided.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Minimal entertainment options (only basic TV channels). Had to hire DVDs from the reception. TV outdated so wasn't able to stream Netflix from phone either. Wifi was terrible.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Not enough towels. I have stayed here 3 times now and each time I run out of towls. I shower morning and night and I only get 1 towel. Not enough time to dry out. Also no tea towels. Cheap coffee.

Staff ate really great. I love that these are units and have their own garages. The wetting is peaceful and amazing

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Three-Bedroom Villa

The expanded space with the three bedroom was awesome since we were traveling with 4 men all participating in the PEAKS bicycle event. The garage also provided ample parking for our vehicles and gear. We stayed last year and will be back next year and had already recommended the facilities to other friends.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

I felt as though I was living in the Truman experience..... It's a locked gated complex, the villas are 1980's dated. I thought international roast coffee was 1970s. The breakfast provided was more suitable for a young child and there wasn't a coffee plunger or fresh coffee insight!

It is near Pindara private hospital where my husband was having major surgery.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

2 chairs at kitchen table broken, 1 collapsed under when sat on, lucky no one injured. Light switch into Ensuite is faulty, no light bulb in bedside table. Very disappointing for a place which cost $300+ for a nights accomodation!!

At lest it was somewhere to sleep.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Twin Beds

The place cleanliness was average. The price of the villa was not a value for money. Villages are not well maintained. The heated pool was closed and its surroundings were poorly maintained. Lack of buildings maintenance in general.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

No fresh milk. Bathroom grout dirty and dead insects in bath. Check in process was very negative experience. When I expressed my concerns staff referred me to t&c on site rather than have a human interaction. Separate bond payment may take 55 days to return to my account. No receipt given. Very poor service

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very cheap. Hot tub was barely warm. Seems like the company put all of the their money and energy towards the exterior ambiance of the "resort", while the interior seems to not have been renovated sine the 80's.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Twin Beds

The only flaw is that the wifi speed is kinda slow, otherwise it would be perfect

Very quiet and clean place to stay, the surrounding environment is nice and comfortable. Recommend for a family visit.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

No blinds in the lounge area for privacy Quite a walk to anywhere - shops etc

Felt luxurious Very quiet Close to Pindara Private Hospital and Botanical Gardens

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

curtains need to be totally dust free although they were clean.

Bedrooms without carpets would be an excellent decision for people with allergies. It also adds to cleanliness and easy maintenance.

Just a tinny bit dated

Top location - If you love golf, shopping or the beach all very close by - I'll be back for sure

N/a

Location, value for money close to shops

• One-Bedroom Suite

Service was excellent! Staff were very accommodating and polite

Gates

The Service was very good

Bed was far too hard.

Security of the unit and surround, decor and garage with remte control.

Nothing to add

I liked the villa style accommodation and the security of the whole complex. Also the staff on Reception were welcoming and helpful

• One-Bedroom Suite

Floor coverings outdated and no blinds in the bathroom the afternoon sun too hot in there. Aircon wasn't cool enough.

All of the above

• One-Bedroom Suite

Everything great facility and the staff ate amazing

• Three-Bedroom Villa

Quite dated and further from the city than I thought

Lots of room and clean

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The indoor pool was not very clean . But I guess that was a very minor defect.

The beds were very comfy. The bathroom had a spa, the kids loved it

• Three-Bedroom Villa

The pool and the pool area was awesome and the rooms we're very spacious.

• One-Bedroom Suite

the air conditioning duct needs to be insulated.

So so great to have a double garage with remote for each villa ... made unpacking a breeze

• One-Bedroom Suite

Quiet comfortable room with all the amenities needed

• One-Bedroom Suite

Room very outdated. Bathroom fittings broken. Aircon panel broken. Bed lumpy. Not enough tea coffee products.

Size of room and location

• Three-Bedroom Villa

Peaceful and relaxing in beautiful surroundings, would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Shower in ensuite would have been better.

close to shops and bed was comfortable