Reviews of Rydges Bankstown 4 stars

874 Hume Highway, Bass Hill, 2197 Bankstown, Australia

#7 of 12 hotels in Bankstown

• Superior Twin Room

Cleanliness was an issue, there was chewing gum stuck to one of my bed sheets when I arrived! Rooms are looking tired and dated, they really need a refurb, as do coordidors.

Staff were wonderful and lunch was really nice.

• Superior Twin Room

Building looks all good from outside but the room I stayed hummm 🤔 few changes needed especially how you placed the beds and the extra blankets had numerous holes and old blood stains bathroom Basin Taps too tight could not open easy I have already mentioned it to the receptionist management should visit each room to make improvements.🤔🤔🤔

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not good value. Charge for visa use poor. No milk for coffee. window latch broken, cold breeze all night. a/c didn't warm the room. no recommendation from me.

Sleep

• Superior Twin Room

The room was old with saggy beds and dirty pillows. Bathroom had leaky taps, was mouldy with cracked tiles and hairs on the floor and walls from the previous guests.

• Superior Queen Room

The upgrade to the King-size bed (and Spa) and FREE breakfast was a great addition to my trip. I liked that it was off the Hume Highway, but it was quiet in the room. The staff were busy and friendly

• Superior Queen Room

Toilet was making noises all night. Coffee and tea in the room didn't taste good.

The customer service was amazing and everyone I spoke to were friendly and helpful. The beds are so comfortable, I had a great sleep.

• Superior Queen Room

Very well clean , it was so comfortable and cosy , the staff was very friendly. It was worth it. I would definitely come back here again. Located very close and easy access

• Superior Queen Room

The staff at the reception in the night. She didn’t seem to have any customers service skills. My friend next to me even mentioned that she seemed very cranky. Not pleasant at all. I had to ask same questions next morning as she wasn’t helpful at all.

• Superior Twin Room

The broken windows - couldn’t close. The constant interruptions with Maintenance. No wine glasses with room service. Broken bath.

Dated accomodation - had 3 Maintence staff attend in 2 hours ? No glasses in room. Bathroom was old and hard cracks etc. compared to other Rydges venues this was a disgrace. The staff were friendly at reception and room service.

• Superior Queen Room

The bathroom and the air conditioning are getting pretty well worn out but clean and they do work so at the price cannot complain

Well located, easy check-in, friendly staff and very clean, but getting a little dated

• Superior Queen Room

I needed a disabled access room which I got but it was rather 'tired' and needs maintenance. The ceiling light in the room did not work and could not be fixed on the weekend. A minor point but the internet access was unstable and kept dropping out.

Location was very good for what I needed to do. Food in restaurant was excellent.

• Superior Queen Room

Noise from the a/c was excessive. Being in a room that had doors for adjoining rooms meant we could hear the conversations from these other rooms.

• King Spa Suite

The smell of the paint couldn’t sleep for two nights . And hair every where I think time for renovations the bathroom very old

I liked the service every one was smiling and friendly

• Superior Twin Room

I don’t appreciate the house maids knocking on my door twice once before 9am (I was still asleep) to clean my room. Room had old carpet with a hole that was badly patched & the bathroom needed the tiles re done. My pillow had a bad odor.

Take away coffee tasted great. Good view. Room had ample space for 2 ppl.

The cleaning staff seemed a bit abrupt and rude when we asked for 2 more towels and a face washer because their were 2 guests she moaned that we wanted them and that 2 people could share 2 towels and 1 face washer

I found front of house staff to go beyond their duties to make us welcome and made the stay very pleasurable and also made up a second bed as I had booked a twin room through booking.com but we were allocated a queen room.

The cleanliness of the bathroom, they are quite dated and a lot of mould is visible.

All our friends were on lower floors; we were on the top floor (not a problem) just all the others had mini bar facilities and our room didn't...just thought it was a little strange. But overall we enjoyed our stay and the staff were fantastic. The rooms do need a little TLC though there was a fair bit of mould in our bathroom, which had been there a while.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathroom door didn't close, the toilet leaked, the vanity basin leaked, the door on the wardrobe was hard to move, there were no draws for clothing, we were there for five days living out of a suitcase, the bed side tables were badly marked, the desk light was broken I think that gives a fairly good description of my experience of the place.

It was close to Bankstown Hospital

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our booking was stuffed up, was charged way too much for the room. Told we would get upgrade, instead we were down grades, only told us when we checked in about an extra $300 bond on top of the $850 we paid for the 3 nights. Absolute rip off and will never reccomend. Staff were rude, and arrogant, and the staff also cant get their facts right. We also had a 20-30 min wait just to be served at the bar as there was never anyone attending it. Most of the drinks we asked for we couldnt get as they had ran out of it. I was also treated like crap when checking out when it came to getting my bond back whoch never cleared or got put back into my account. I will also be making an official complaint to head office.

None of it!

• Superior Twin Room

Stains on the carpet and lounge bathroom in down

The room was neat be lots of stains on the carpet and lounge that was in the room. The basin tap in the bathroom wouldn't stop running and the tap in the shower was completely off the bath also had rust stains

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location was ok - depending on what your plans were. Leaking tap in bathroom and a broken coffee cup.

It was only an overnight stay - the bed was very comfortable

• Superior Queen Room

Very plan room and shower wouldn’t work properly water took over half hr to be able to get it right because it burnt you or was like ice and the shower her was aimed at the wall and you couldn’t change it

The bed was comfy

• Superior Queen Room

We paid almost double for the room then it would normally be. I had to pay a $300 bond per room(we had 2) which I was not advised about prior. It was so far out of the way the rooms we old and of poor quality the toilet leaked in one of our rooms the whole time we were there. We advised the staff about this and nothing was done. As compensation for this also nothing was done. It was a pathetic excuse for a hotel really.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was disappointed on arrival as we booked a room with two beds, however on arrival in our room there was only one bed. When calling reception we were told we had to use the pull out lounge. This was not stated on the booking when we booked, or we would have gone somewhere else! Also, when going down for breakfast, we were made to wait for a staff member to check our room number. I don’t mind having our room number checked but when the only staff member we could see was at the reception desk, we were forced to wait for someone to decide to come out and serve us. Once we got into the restaurant for the buffet breakfast we were disappointed to see most of it quite empty! The juice holders were so empty it was impossible to get juice out of, the tomatoes had been sitting there long enough that they’d stuck to the pan, and the eggs were all but cold. Having worked in a hotel with buffet breakfast before I understand that when it’s busy it can be hard to keep up with the demand and continue to replenish the buffet, however there was a maximum of 15 people in the entire restaurant. There were dirty tables and an empty buffet and the lady who I assume was the manager would rather stand and twirl her hair then clean and replenish the buffet. Very disappointing!

Staff at reception were lovely.

• Superior Twin Room

Bathroom taps where too old and unable to close, so dripping noise all night, but closing the door. Water wasting feeling was not good. Bath showers need to be removed as they are totally useless, too low for a good bath and too small for an adult.

Opening windows allow natural air to come in and not use Air conditioner.

• Superior Queen Room

I think for a Rydges hotel, the rooms are looking a bit tired and badly in need of a refurbishment - especially the bathroom - bath was badly chipped. Cleanliness wasn't great - and strange little stains on the shower curtain were a bit disconcerting. Stayed in a small country motel over the previous nights and they could have given Rydges a lesson on how to deliver a clean, comfortable guest experience.

It's a comfortable hotel and the location and parking are good.

• Superior Queen Room

Lack of communication to call let me know that room is ready as I requested. Prices need to be abit cheaper regarding the area.. also AC was not Working properly

Early check in was available

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Below standard room. Rust in the shower, leaky tap, old pillows, broken power points. more like a 3 star dodgy motel. Dissapointed!

the location was great.

• Superior Queen Room

The manager she was very very rude from the moment we got there very unprofessional not even dressed like a manager no customer service skills whatsover

The bed was amazing the room was very nice & clean. Comfortable the outside area where the pool is so relaxing at night

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was in need of care, the taps were constantly running, the bath tub was rusty and the tiles were coming off the wall, didn't effect our stay except our children wanted a bath which i refused them.

• Superior Twin Room

Air conditioner not working in our first room. breakfast wasnt very nice..sorry...boiled sausages☹️Greasy bacon over cooked n cold floating in fat, toast and baked beans was it, coffee awful.

Lauren at reception was really helpful, she was great. Room was changed on return to one where aircon was working.

• Superior Twin Room

Pillows were not too comfortable.

I loved the customer service by Pauline and Alana. Excellent customer service with a smile. they made the stay so welcoming and pleasant.

• Superior Queen Room

Grout in shower was a little dirty and bath was old, had chips out of enamel etc

Staff were most hospitable and friendly I've come across, especially Pauline. Included buffet breakfast was great, very extensive selection and quality product. Bed was incredibly comfortable.

• Superior Queen Room

I don't like the facilities examp / hot water serve's it was was bad and the carpet in fronts doors smell bad .

i like staff reception and the restaurant service

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the part that the pool was dirty and filled up with leaves. I had to ask the staff twice to change the lining which didn’t happen until our last night at the hotel.

The bed was comfy, free air conditioning and free wifi.

• Superior Queen Room

Breakfast a little blunt not fresh, no room service little untidy, tap dripping all notwoulnf close Pool not clean Pictures looked much more presentable

• Superior Queen Room

Swimming pool not cleaned over long weekend. Could you not put in a creepy crawley between 10pm & 6am each night to keep water clean or pool be cleaned every 2nd day at least. After all this was a long weekend & we're paying top rates. I used the pool once but wasnt game to put head under water. Only one lift operating over weekend

Shower. Bath in room. In-room Temperature control of air conditioner. Heaps of parking. Extremely friendly staff.. front office, housekeeping & waiter staff. Quiet rooms. Swimming pool

• Superior Queen Room

Never again will visit this hotel.... Booking.com should update the photos and the rating of this hotel. It should be rated as a motel and not 4 stars which make me wonder where they got their rating from??? Staff at front desk and specially the manager are so rude and have no customer service skills so why they hire people like that to represent the hotel? Water leaking from the tap which is so annoying at night when you try to sleep. Cracked tiles and chipped bath tub and mould forming around tiles.

• Superior Queen Room

No warm lighting. All cold white lighting reduces the feel of home. Furniture not matching, bed side wooden table, glass work stations, and blue sofa.. Not a good colour scheme. The minibar isn’t built in but a small white colour table with drawers... lack of interior decor.

The hotel sits beside a main road but has very good sound protect. Very quiet at night. All rooms air con always on. The bathroom had good ventilation and dried quickly after water spasm on floor. The shower works very well just like 5 star hotels got. Ginger soap with organic shampoo is a surprise! The bed is comfortable and smells good. From window can see sunrise. A McDonald’s at doorstep.

• Superior Queen Room

Something strange happened. Someone checked in under my name before I showed up. It turned out to be someone with a similar name but it was something that could have been avoided with more careful check in process.

Staff was very friendly.

• Superior Queen Room

Out of the 5 days I was there I only had hot water for one of those days. Beds aren't firm enough. They supply no plates or cutlery. No toaster. Parking is on site but not secure.

Nice, clean rooms. Good location within 5 minute walk of Bass Hill Mall. Friendly staff. Nice overlooking the pool. On request they did supply me a microwave and provided a fold out sofa bed instead of a roll up bed.

• Superior Queen Room

Can’t put my finger on anything.

Close to facilities, easy best route to access from Canberra you don’t have to go through any tolls. Plenty of safe parking, loved the free wifi and communication sockets. The later than normal check out at no extra cost.

• Superior Queen Room

Was racially abused in the foyer by group for being Australian. Wasn''t pleasant and no security so felt a bit vulnerable

The location to everything you need on holiday is within walking distance

• Superior Twin Room

That i didn't have a mini bar n the not much towel in the shower n i try to ring the housekeeping for someone to take the used towel n clean the shower no one was there

I like the beds they are really comfy

• King Spa Suite

The room was very old had stains on carpet outside balcony was very dirty needs a paint also I'm a non smoker and they asked if I smoked in the room I was very firm and said no I did not. They probably say that so they can keep your bond of $300 not even worth the bond for a room in such a poor state.

• Superior Queen Room

The exhaust fan in the bathroom was not able to be switched off, but it wasn't very loud so you got used to the background noise

The room was lovely - bed very comfortable, shower very good. The staff were excellent - efficient and very friendly.

• Superior Queen Room

The bath room fans are on 24/7- it makes it difficult to sleep at night because of the noise. Maybe an upgrade to the bathrooms will also do.

The rooms have a good size. Very friendly staff and the food is good!

• Superior Twin Room

Enjoyed the stay. Was a four day stay so we couldnt really find any faults. Thanku rydges.

Yes the beds were very comfy and the room was cosy and easy to sleep.

• Superior Twin Room

The rust in the bathroom (in the bath tub). The shower was the old fashion bath and shower together which is awkward when having a shower because your confined to minimal space and the fear of slipping over is always playing on your mind. There was no snacks or beverages in the bar fridge. I accidently booked a twin room (2 single beds) and when I asked for a room with a queen bed I was told that I'd have to pay more for it but online the price of both was the same so it made no sense to me. I was later told that there were none available

With all honesty there wasn't much to like - it was a very standard room with not much to get excited about

• Superior Queen Room

Loud workers in adjacent rooms in the afternoon, old facilities - toilets and bathroom, Food at the restaurant was average- even though the restaurant was busy and the staff had no customer services skills - Very poor service.

Good car parking and good internet.

• Superior Queen Room

The staff were great and I would like to give a special mention to Maggie who went above and beyond with her customer service. Very friendly and nothing was a problem.

• Superior Queen Room

our room had rust in the bathtub and dirty tissue in the room as soon as we arrived!!! the bed was very uncomfortable it had wire poking you from the mattress not happy!!!!

your receptionist in the evening was wonderful pleasant and excellent customer service() Lauren especially omg she was very polite and helpful keep up the good work see you again...

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Superior Twin Room

We found beer bottles between the connecting room doors. Bathroom would be much nicer with an update.

Beds were comfortable. There was plenty of room for myself my sister and her toddler.

• Superior Queen Room

Didn't have all free to air TV channels (old hardware was blamed??) and the auxiliary connections to the TV didn't work, and weren't fixed when I was told they were; I had to get behind the TV (which is a big job) and do it myself. Not ideal after a long day when you just want to wind down. Also the sink taps needed to be turned off super tight to stop them leaking, and the room was in general but obvious need of renovation.

Bed was great and rooms comfortable enough

• Superior Queen Room

The place is old and shabby needs massive renovation, the mattress and pillows were old need throwing out, dirty carpet . Noisey fan in toilet had to stuff with paper, thin walls. Food was poor wouldn't stay there again

the staff were friendly , but understaffed, they worked long hours.

• Superior Queen Room

Cleaners show up at different times each day .... sometimes as early as 8am. Missed days. Bath tap was broken reported 3 times but wasn't fixed for the entire stay. Issues with over charge of room which took a week to rectify

• Superior Queen Room

A heated pool would be awesome but it was great for the netball girls to use as a recovery pool for sore muscles.

The most comfortable bed I have ever had in motel accomodation.

• Superior Queen Room

It's so run down. It felt like an old country motel. Totally changed my image of the Rydges brand. Aircon didn't seem to work. We had to get a heater for the room and even then it was still chilly. Also I was overcharged for meal and wine we'd had the evening before on checkout -this took a while to sort out. Be careful when they give you the bill!

The staff were kind and very helpful. Especially the lovely girl in the reataurant. They made what could have been a negative experience pretty positive

• Superior Twin Room

Bathroom taps hard to turn off. Toilet flush not great and button loose. Single beds in a superior twin room.

Nice clean rooms. Quiet, friendly staff. Close to everything. Great parking.

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast was a little pricey for what you get. I'm finding this at most motels these days :'(

Staff were all friendly, from the moment I called to explain the delay, through to when I arrived, throughout my stay, and on leaving. Lauren and Brooke on front desk were more than helpful, and very friendly. The waiter in the dining area (sorry, didn't get your name - I was very tired), was fantastic. Thank you.

• Superior Twin Room

The bathroom was clean but there was a little bit of mould in the shower. Otherwise we were very happy with everything.

I loved how easy it was to access, the staff were very friendly and helpful. It's located close to other facilities and shops add was easy for us to get to pour conference. It was well priced and the check in and check out was easy and smooth. Our room was a good size and contained a good assortment of tea and coffee. The beds were comfy and I'd definitely stay there again

• Superior Queen Room

Shower head not very good - minimal flow very difficult. Would like to see this change.

Staff friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and tidied every day. Excellent service and quality stay

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King Spa Suite

The staff weren't so friendly, we had the King Suite and you can't see the TV from the bed which we found strange, and the balcony is a view into neighbouring backyards. And the meals in the onsite restaurant are fairly pricey for what you get.

Big room, convenient area.

• Superior Queen Room

The staff are not hospitable especially at check in which took forever - we have stayed three time and lenghty wait is always the case. The attitude bordered rude and the wait staff seemed put out at any request.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Superior Twin Room

First room heater didn't work. Had to move to another room. The new room had leaky taps. Carpet looked old and was torn in some places. Difficult The torn cupboard. Overall not up to the standard I was expecting given what I paid.

Easy to find. Good parking. Close to service stations and parks.

• Superior Queen Room

Food was poor and overpriced, I ended up going to other hotels and places to eat. Difficult to find staff in the restaurant and bar so waiting for a long time but helpful when you finally saw someone.

Wifi was V. good. It was nice to have a pool but it was a bit dirty.

• Superior Twin Room

Disappointed with the cleaning of our room. One day all they did was pull the sheets up and hang up our dirty towels. The bathroom tap leaked and when I asked for it to be fixed because of the noise they simply turned it off so tight it was difficult to turn it back on.

• Superior Twin Room

A microwave in the room and a mini bar and sink would be handy for long stays. My room had none of these just a tiny fridge and kettle for tea/coffee.

Good selection of meal choices at the breakfast buffet. Free wifi is very convienient

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Superior Queen Room

We arrived at 8.30 am. very little food left. No bacon, no eggs, very poor selection of fruit. Hot water for tea run out. Some more food was brought when we were about to leave. Very disappointing.

No croissants available, shortage of food. Due to large number of guests.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• King Spa Suite

Room service menu isn't great

It was an amazing room well lit spacious and spa was amazing staff very friendly even at early hours 1-2am etc all in all an amazing stay and will be back again :)

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Went to join the Rewards program and gave our email addresses but was told we were already members and that we came from Perth. This was not the case and after 10 minutes we gave up. The man did not have a clue as to what he was doing!!

Very clean

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Noisy room, air conditioning vent that goes 24/7 in bathroom at night, dripping tap in bathroom Changed rooms was a bit better noise wise however bathroom sink leaks water all over the bench under products No gluten free options for dinner

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Easy to get to and good standard rooms. Nice pool. Made the stay low stress and straight forward Located close to major shops and plenty of dining options

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Check-in: The check-in was very smooth. Ms Lauren at the front desk was friendly and efficient. Rooms: Both the queen room and the twin room were of a good size, equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, clothes iron and ironing board. The bathroom was fitted with a bathtub + shower and toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel, soap etc. were provided. The beds were comfortable. Location: The hotel was very close to the place where we needed to be. In that way, the location was ideal.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were very friendly, including a warm and relaxed atmosphere. Also close to fast food restaurants. The beds were extremely comfortable. Last but not least, Somer the bartender was a star!! Thank you so much for your kind service.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Superior Queen Room

Rooms are clean but very outdated furniture and bathroom looks so old. New pillows would be a good idea.

The staff were superb they go over and above to assist. Always smiling happy to answer any questions.

Browse Rydges Bankstown traveller photo gallery