Reviews of Rydges Campbelltown 4.5 stars

15 Old Menangle Road, 2560 Campbelltown, Australia

#2 of 7 hotels in Campbelltown

• Standard King Room

We did the balloon trip. The staff at reception were fantastic. We needed a sign created and printed for us. They did this with no fuss and it was really appreciated

• Executive King Room

Breakfast not the best, restaurant food overpriced and a bit tasteless. No mention of having to where a swimming hat at the adjacent gym

Lovely comfortable beds, nice spa baths, rooms large and spotless

• Standard King Room

What hotels don’t realise is that probably the most important feature of staying at a hotel is the bed. After that cleanliness and then the decor. The king size mattress was comfortable however as with many hotels it lacked stability. So every time my partner moved the whole bed would shake. My mattress at home doesn’t move at all when my partner rolls over. In this modern age a hotel can easily achieve this important feature. I had to take a Valium to knock myself out! So based on this 4 out of 5 stars is right.

Lovely room, very clean and close to my work

• Standard King Room

Only a small thing but when you take a shower the water goes everywhere all over the floor, the shower screen isn’t big enough to shield the water which became quite dangerous on a tile floor.

The rooms were beautiful, clean comfy and quiet. The staff were wonderful and helpful. Especially at the restaurant where the waitress accommodated us beautifully with a gluten free alternative. We will definitely be staying again.

• Standard Twin Room

I thought the bed was too small, and maybe too soft

The staff were great! They were extremely helpful and friendly. The restaurant in the Hotel was incredible, we had two amazing meals and would eat there again tomorrow.

• Executive King Spa

It's in South West Sydney, therefore the competition isn't there to drive a competitive room rate, it was a bit expensive for one night.

Had birthday party at the hotel to attend, the hotel was fine, nothing spectacular, but it's more of a convenient location for any overnight stay in the MacArthur Region. Good underground secure parking, good boutique beers brewed on site.

• Standard King Room

There was nothing I didn't like, its was awesome.

The bed was very comfortable. The rooms temperature control was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to my family & friends.

• Executive King Room

The bed was very soft, as too were the pillows. We also has issues getting the telly in our room to the correct setting. Every channel was really stretched and pixelated. The TV didn't matter, watching telly isn't an imperative part of hotels for me.

The room was very classy. Excellent water pressure in the shower. Lovely and clean. The hotel is in a fairly quiet and secluded area of Campbelltown. The staff were absolutely excellent. Hands down the friendliest and most helpful experience I have ever had with a hotel. I really appreciated that.

• Standard King Room

Parking unclear. Room was a quite dirty. Hair on the bed. Socks on the floor. Mould in the bathroom.

Brekkie was amazing. Upgraded at check in. Good location.

• Standard King Room

The only thing that let me down was the bathroom was not cleaned properly, there was fresh soap scum on the sink and in the shower from the previous people that stayed in the room and the floors were not properly cleaned as there was a good amount of hair and dirty toothpicks pushed to the sides of the bathroom and not picked up.

The beds and pillows were super comfy, the bathroom was huge and the room was a great size.

• Standard King Room

when we were checking out we were asked to take a seat as our room needed to be checked before we could leave! While we were seated another couple came to check out and they were treated completely different. They were asked how their stay was and had a lovely conversation with the receptionist while we sat down because our room needed to be checked! I find it extremely rude to discriminated against us because we are a young couple and for us to be seated and watch while other older guests get treated completely different made us feel not welcome.

The room was amazing! Comfy bed made our stay so much better maybe get better air conditioning!

• Standard King Room

Hair line cracks in handbasin. .. height of the bath to step into the shower .. didnt like bedside tables.... tv absolutely crap channels no foxtel i think for the room rate some decent movie channels would be a good thing

Bed amazing

• Standard King Room

Not much to not like. I guess the food at the restaurant was pricey.

I really enjoyed how close it was to everything, shops,restaurants, park and public transport.

• Executive King Room

The refrigerator didnt have a little freezer in it. Brecky was a bit expansive. I just wanted toast and coffee..

I had a very lovely comfortable big room on the 5th floor. I was staying alone so it was nice to have a restaurant in the motel so I didnt need to go out of the motel alone to eat. I will be coming back again.

• Standard King Room

Terrible coffee in the restaurant

Very comfortable bed, airy room, very friendly staff, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere throughout. Hubby liked the bacon in the restaurant.

There were 2 rooms left I booked and 1 room Power didn't work but they still charged me after i ask for a refund. Lucky i had the other room so my companion could sleep in with me . I found this very un fair as i had to pay for a room that i didnt acomadate. Id like this look further into

• Standard King Room

The aircon in the room was set to max but was still too cold and could not be switched off. I spoke to reception 4 times as they said they could adjust the temp from there. Still too cold and slept with an extra two blankets on the bed.

• Executive King Room

Poor drainage in bathroom from shower, floor always wetmould in tile grout in shower No in room movie channel No laundry service Towels of poor quality For a room that was over $300 per night there should not be the above issues!

• Standard King Room

No bedside lamps so had to read with the very bright room light Dinner in restaurant was disastrous Was there no chef as it was Sunday? Meals were expensive so expected better 3out of 5 had to send meals back Steak was cooked but was cold! Spaghetti bolognese was supposed to come with shredded beef but meat was like paste & tasted like canned food

Reception staff excellent Location lovely

• Standard King Room

Only issue which I think is outside the hotel's control, my GPS didn't pick up the address and kept sending me around the block. Perhaps in the confirmation it would be good to note it's a shared carpark with the Catholic Club which was easy to spot from the main road.

It didn't feel like I was in Campbelltown, it felt like I was on holidays, the room was beautiful and so clean.

• Executive King Spa

Marks on bathroom door should've been cleaned. Food splash stains on curtains and they were ripped at the bottom. Aircon on the 4th floor was grossly inadequate. Only went down to 20 degrees which made the nights and mornings too hot, especially when your balcony faced the morning sun. Pillows were all different shapes and sizes and didn't live up to the hype. Neither did the bed. Too hard for my liking but you can't please everyone. Some TV channels had a different volume to others for some reason and the picture wasn't clear on some. Toilet paper was of poor quality. Ended up buying my own to use. In-room safe was placed too low in the cupboard. Had to sit on the floor to put things in and see what I was getting out. Wooden laminate was missing on some of the shelves and draws. When watching TV from the bath, the hot/cold tap controls were on the opposite side, even though the actual tap was in the middle, so hard to get to to turn off or add more water. Water pressure for the rain shower was too high and made the floor quickly fill with water. Had to be careful not to accidentally splash it over the small divider between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. I expected them to supply slippers but they didn't so I had to purchase some to prevent my feet slipping on the corridor and bathroom tiles.

Location close to shops, restaurants and public transport. Some of the staff were extra nice. Private, secure guest parking with swipe card access only so great security. To get up to your floor was the same. You had to swipe your room key to get up to your floor and you couldn’t access any of the other guest floors. The room service food that I ordered was delicious. Especially the OTIS pavlova. Campbelltown Club was right next door with pokies which is either a good or bad thing for some people. Loved the rain shower and the bath was adequately deep.

• Standard King Room

We were told before we booked that there was some work going on around the hotel, but it was still disappointing to draw back the curtains to a mountain of scaffolding outside your window.

• Standard Twin Room

Staff were amazing A huge thank you to Rebecca, Katie and Valerie for ensuring my wedding guests and me are well looked after They have gone above and beyond that the bride to be (me) didn't have to worry about a thing Thank you ladies! You guys made our stay very enjoyable! Maggie and Mark

• Standard King Room

Very poor customer service, very poor communication, still waiting on the manager to call us back regarding construction workers jack hammering into the side of our room at 8am in the morning. Unable to work from the room or get a sleep in due excessive noise Poor reception staff have no skills to deal with complaints or back up manager to help. Unacceptable customer service.

• Standard Twin Room

Paying a $200 bond which I wasn't aware of until checking in. Then when refund done on check out it got messed up and didn't get back for several days. We had to evacuate when fire alarm was set off. Another client told us the same happened the previous night as well. Friends who stayed there several months earlier also had to evacuate and couldn't return to retrieve luggage.

Good facilities with good staff. Lovely surroundings.

• Executive King Spa

The Breakfast was very basic. We were at the end of a hallway which had three doors. If a neighbour would open or close the door we thought it was our door. Disturbed our night significantly.

• Standard King Room

Dinner was poor. Ordered toasted sourdough entree and wagyu beef burger - sourdough came out cold still like it had been in fridge and was very doughy not crusty, then the burger came out on one of those pretentious slate tiles - I have no trust that those things get cleaned properly, slate is porous and absorbs juices. The burger was absolutely torched beyond recognition which defeats the purpose of using wagyu, could have been low grade Woolworths mince for all you could tell. Bun not toasted, nearly a half a raw red onion in it, iceberg lettuce and plastic looking orange McDonalds style cheese. Pretty poor meal for about $40. Sitting there eating it looking out the window I could see KFC & Maccas, pretty sad that I was wishing I went to one of them instead

The breakfast was good, the service was good, staff friendly, room was a good size

• Standard King Room

the air con was pre set & we couldn't turn it down I tried ringing the receptionist but no one answered the phone so we spent a very hot night in the room

• Executive King Room

There is nothing I didn't like.

the bed was big and comfortable . we could use the elevator straight to the car park and never have to meet anyone. there were lots in the fridge and the club is right next door so can have drinks and not have to drive. The staff are lovely and caring. All of them. There are plenty of motels in Campbelltown but I always choose Rydges.

• Executive King Room

The furniture and carpet were a little stained. Also there was only one swimming cap available at the front desk for the pool. Lucky I had mine with me or we wouldn't have been able to go in together.

We thought the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was awesome. We also liked the use of the aqua centre adjacent to the motel and the Catholic club just down the stairs.

• Standard Twin Room

We were aware of renovations so weren't put off because th e rate was reduced but as far as an upgrade we were very disappointed.The up grade didnot meet expectations.

• Standard King Room

Shower was poor quality sprayed water out of shower. Toilet didn't flush properly and I found the hotel over priced.

The bed was exceptional. There are many food places nearby and the hotel was very modern. Staff very friendly great staff.

• Standard King Room

cleanliness of the room dirty tissue and used tooth picks left in room bed overlay had stains on it although I,'m sure it was laundered . overall the skirting boards could do with a proper clean also found tube of hair conditioner in bathroom had seal broken so had been used previously So would have to rate this as needs improvement

very quiet allowed a restful stress less stay

• Executive King Room

The problem was we could not set the air con in the room. We rang twice to reception requesting it be cooler but it made no difference. The hallway was cooler than our room.

• Standard King Room

Staff surly Room furniture chipped and damaged Rooms very very dated Pillows cheap and thin Poor bed linen-no duvet cover Rubbish old shower head with almost single jet of water No spare towels No spare toilet rolls Bathroom dirty and mouldy Food awful-food poisoning from an undercooked steak that was sent back and returned still undercooked No climate control in room No gym or pool

• Standard King Room

If I had been staying through the week there would have been work going on right outside my window!

This hotel was perfect for my function at the Catholic Club, being a very short walk away. The bed was comfy and the facilities were good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Standard Twin Room

At the time of my stay, there was construction of the hotel happening right outside my window. No warning of this and workers got straight to work at 7am. Peace and quiet quickly turned to hammering and drilling. Also, the snack foods for the minibar were quite dusty. You could tell they've been there a while and made me not want to touch it at all.

It was a nice comfortable space. The amenities were very clean and staff were very approachable. The cleaning staff were also very professional.

• Standard King Room

The air conditioning and the blinds needed to big bigger as at 6 am the sun shone through creating a halo around the window very difficult to go back to sleep

Quick check in and check out

• Standard King Room

Cost was probably a bit much for the size of the room considering the location isnt anywhere too fancy.

Convenience with location adjacent to the catholic club. The bar down stairs was good. Their home brew ale was pretty smooth & easy to drink.

• Standard King Room

We had a reunion for school, a few of us met again in the morning for breakfast downstairs. Staff were happy to allow us to stay, at least until they needed to clean up. We didn't feel rushed at all.

• Standard King Room

The underground carpark was being renovated so we were instructed to park in an outside carpark. The first two outside carparks were full so we parked in the furthest one away from the motel which was next to a busy highway and not secure.

The free breakfast was great with a large selection of food. The room was spacious and clean. Curtains blocked out the sunlight and i couldn't hear any outside noise in my room, which made travelling with a baby perfect.

• Standard Twin Room

Secure onsite parking was one of the reasons for selecting the hotel, but it wasn’t accessIble due to construction work and we had to park in a nearby outdoor public car park shared with a fitness centre. It would have been nice to receive advanced notice that parking wasn’t available.

• Standard Twin Room

My mother had issues with the glass coffee coffee table in the room as she has mobility problems was scare she might fall on it and smash the glass

Bed so comfy room very clean and great bathroom lovely helpful staff

• Standard King Room

Open air car park would be a frustration if it was raining Construction noise starting before 7am would be a pain if someone wanted a leisurely sleep in

Bed was comfortable

• Standard King Room

Hotel is in a great location in Campbelltown (we had a Wedding nearby). Short walk to shops, fast food outlets and fantastic Catholic Club next door for meals, gaming etc. Hotel staff were super helpful and friendly and went out of their way to provide service. We enjoyed happy hour in the hotel bar after we arrived and a superb meal in the restaurant that night. Great hotel for couples.

• Standard King Room

Didn't like having to step over the bath to shower. Also be wary if you are paying by Visa Debit card there is a deposit held for the room - I was unaware of this policy so I was let off - but if I stay there again I will need a $200 deposit on top of the room rate. This also takes about 6 days to be returned to the account. Prices move around agood bit so be wary.

Location - close to our function. Quality of the room was different on all three occassions we have stayed there recently. Good Breakfast - comfortable room - same floor on three occassions

• Standard King Room

Eevening staff on bar and restaurant far less switched on than the brillant morning staff. Room service staff better and friendly. Front desk staff also excellent.

Very good roommaids. You can feel and see it.

• Standard King Room

I was admitted to Campbelltown Private Hospital on the Friday for operation. Slept well Thursday night and then came back to property on Saturday late afternoon. Slept well again. Windows shut out all the noise from traffic and the bed very comfortable with an extra blanket needed half way through the night. Everything lovely clean and fresh.

• Standard King Room

There was a group of girls and a guy shrieking for about half an hour on level 2, no staff or security resolved the problem and i had to go outside the door at 1 am and tell them to keep it down. They were riding the luggage cart!!! Also the A/C was ridiculously noisy with no way to turn it off, and you can see that other prior also attempted to turn it and and made a hole in the plastic of the A/C controls Booked a king bed room and got to singles pushed together........! Breakfast didn't have a lot of variety

The bed was very comfortable, the hotel was well presented, staff were very polite

• Standard King Room

Temperature gage could have worked better, room was quite hot. Room service was not great, stodgy dessert and bland pizza.

Good location and very comfortable rooms.

• Standard King Room

still building on site; toilet blocked but they fixed it quickly; no movies to purchase; a glass of cab.sav. cost me $23....it was sensational though!

bed was a dream in terms of comfort; Catholic club is next door with great food choices; gym and spa and pool across the road; bar, restaurant and boutique brewery on premises;

• Standard King Room

Not a great lot of choice for the evening meal. The drinks were really expensive at the motel, so even though we may have stayed there for a couple more drinks, it was discouraging.

It was close enough to shops etc. and it was where we wanted to be at the time. We were there for family reasons so we weren't really there as tourists.

• Standard Twin Room

Air cond control faulty, too hot. Fridge full of "minibar" junk, no room for our things, shower screen leak caused a decent puddle on the floor

Clean comfortable etc as expected

• Standard King Room

Friendly staff who were happy to have a joke. I cant remember the name of the lady who checked me in but she did an amazing job and was great to deal with.

• Standard King Room

I thought that the breakfast was a little expensive in relation to other Hotels I have stayed in.

The facilities are very good - clean comfortable beds etc - location a plus

• Executive King Room

Hotel was expecting two guests and yet only had one set of towels. We had to remind Staff on a daily basis about this too. Our room was only kind of cleaned a day after checking in whilst succeeding days were not. Rubbish bins were full and were not emptied. Buffet breakfast was always running out of fruits and a staff takes ages to replenish. Breakfast area was too warm. It often takes ages to get hold of Staff.

Close proximity of hotel to Train station.. Staff were nice.

• Executive King Room

We had an very enjoyable stay. Loved Happy hour on friday night followed by an excellent meal and good nights sleep in comfortable rooms. Will certainly visit again.

• Standard King Room

We asked for a quiet room as we had travelled some distance through the night to be there. And the ventilation intake above the fridge was very noisy throughout the night.

Check in was very easy. Young girl was so very helpful with everything we asked about our trips intentions.

• Standard King Room

We asked for a quiet room but got the noisiest room as they gave us a room facing the busy main road. They gave us a room with a balcony, saying it was a slight upgrade, but the room hadn't been used for a while and was dusty, with biscuit crumbs littered on the table, chairs and lounge. The fuss the breakfast staff made when we couldn't buy a cup of coffee. We paid a $200 bond on arrival, but because our card was a debit one, we couldn't use this bond. It was embarrassing. The whole breakfast experience was chaotic: Beautiful food but layout of crockery and selections made everyone search for plates - much too low, knives to butter toast - none- garbage bins to place butter containers - none, serviettes - none, people continually bumping into each other as food selections did not flow in a logical order, congestion at toast and coffee machine - only 1 in such a large capacity with many people all wanting immediate service, staff not observant about guests' needs, or building tensions in the room, and every single table without cutlery and serviettes and very messy. We tried buying coffee because the machine was busy, didn't work too well, served black coffee only and coffee was like warm and horrible.

Nice bed and pillows

• Standard King Room

The woman at the front counter who seemed to be in charge over the weekend was very rude.

Great location and most staff were very friendly abd helpful. Food was also good.

• Standard King Room

Shower water kept on spilling outside the shower door. Noise from construction. Housekeeping missed giving us towels one day and after calling the front desk twice we finally got our towels.

Location was good for our purposes. Staff were very friendly.

• Standard King Room

The restaurant was expensive, and the potions sizes tiny for the cost. The food was disappointing Friends also told me that they would not eat there again I did try to speak to the manager, but she was too busy... So I spoke to the young girl at the reception after our meals and left a message for the food manager No follow up

Beds were comfortable

• Standard King Room

Super elegant, the place looked immaculate! Very classy! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Made me feel like I was somewhere so much better than campbelltown.

• Standard King Room

We had a breakfast ( only once) as we found that $29 per person, nearly $60 for the two of us was way to expensive and we had future breakfasts elsewhere. This was our only disappointing part of our stay.

The accommodation was fine, especially the nice soft bed.

• Standard King Room

Bathrooms. Sloping bath made it tricky. No bedside lamps in our room and no clock.

Showers over the bath are quite difficult to access for anyone with mobility issues. Staff were most apologetic but could not do anything about it.

• Standard King Room

The restaurant was very bad - especially the signature wagu beef fillet - we got 250 grams of pure fat. When we complained, it was taken off our bill, but with time lost, we couldn't re-order. Kitchen quality control should have picked this up.

We were told that the garage was closed for work by reception and we had to park our cars (two BMW's - X5 and 6 series - not cheap vehicles) in the public car park. After doing this, over dinner other guests told us they had parked in the hotel underground car park, and there was plenty of space. When we asked reception, they said they hadn't wanted us to 'risk' going there just in case there wasn't room. This was the evening reception lady - she really didn't give a damn. The rest of the staff were brilliant.

• Executive King Room

Fire alarm and evacuation at 6.20 am Sunday morning. We missed an hour and a bit of our weekend conference. And maybe that our PGR Rewards which we joined on the same day we booked in weren't ok to use.

Friendly staff

We stayed as my daughter was getting married nearby and both families used here to stay, after wedding we came back here and I finally had time to wind down and came down to the bar for a well deserved beer only to be told the bar was closed!! Friday night 11.15pm I thought was very ordinary for a place like that!!

Bed was comfortable and room was nice, breakfast was lovely and overall it was lovely

• Standard King Room

Room a little small. Breakfast table and chairs had little room to move around. Irritating when the design could have been better.

Breakfast excellent. Bed very comfy. Staff were cheerful and helpful.

• Standard King Room

The doors were awkward n heavy to use with walker/wheelchair n one of the rooms was a bit dusty which made my allergies play up but easly solved idusted with a damp cloth n use my oxygen converter machinethat helped.

I stayed for several days for treatments n most of the staff that dealt with me knew..They went out of the way being helpful with all my complications with my disability n illnesses allergies with food etc.even helped me change rooms Always asking me if I needed help.. But most of all they were friendly n msde me laugh when i felt like screaming from pain so they made an extremely difficult situation so much bearable.I got them a gift 2cakes for morning tea n a card to thank them.

• Standard King Room

Room was far overpriced....Beer prices exorbitant as were the foods in the room bar.....The JACKHAMMER noise outside our window at 7am.....Also the bathroom has an accident waiting to happen with the high bath & trying to get in it, if you are not sprightly plus NO bath mat to prevent slipping.....Also found the 'push in' buttons to flush the toilet very very hard to use, with arthritic fingers!....

The comfy kingsize bed & spacious room......

• Standard Twin Room

Ac didn't work whole night ....so freaking hot in room...spioled my special day.they gave me half of my money back but wht abt my special night.

Just staff

• Standard King Room

Close to the venue of the party I was attending. Parking was plentiful and free, good wifi. Amenable to early check in as we were arriving from overseas. Enjoyed the microbrews.

• Executive King Spa

Didn't seem to be ultra clean in bedroom area, tv had splatters of something, table had smears even was aware of scratches.

Spa was relaxing, shower was great, bed comfy not hard,quiet

• Standard Twin Room

When I checked in the receptionist said I had a twin single room booked. Which I know I booked a king bed 100%. They were able to change it back to a king room but was still annoying

Browse Rydges Campbelltown traveller photo gallery