Reviews of Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns 5 stars

Cnr Kerwin Street And The Esplanade, 4870 Cairns, Australia

#26 of 73 hotels in Cairns

Rooms need to have basics like bottle opener..
    • Standard Twin Room

Booking.com did not relay to us that the garden view unit was booked. We requested water view. Only upon receipt of the invoice did we know. Booking.com should have been transparent and advised different prices

We were shifted to a better room after it was made clear the booking was not as originally requested.

Love cairns will come again but will stay elsewhere
    • Standard Queen Room

The cleanliness of the hotel was poor. The corridors were scruffy and were not vacuumed the 5 days we were there. The bathrooms were tired and definitely needed renovation, I don't believe the hotel should be graded 5 star. We had a great holiday but I was disappointed as didn't feel it was 5 star luxury and that's what we wanted.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food in the bar and restaurant was really nice we did eat there a few times.

The view is great!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The shower's hot and cold water supply is not child friendly as it can be very hot for few seconds and then it goes off with very cold water, and vice versa. You have to keep turning on and off the tap and keep adjusting the water temperature.

The view is great!

Good value but not 5 stars... barely 4
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Dated rooms, mediocre pool and dining setting, poor first impression, inadequate lighting and furniture

Beautiful view, good price that reflect (lack of) quality, ease of street parking

Average and tired facility
    • Standard Twin Room

We found the shower water very dangerous it would be extremely cold one minute and extremely hot the next if there was a child there they would be soldered.

No too bad.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

No microwave:( Saying the room perfect for 4 people but Charge more than 2adult 2 child if you’re 3adults and 1 child when we arrived.

Nice view. Nice room makeup everyday. Nice staff.

It’s in a good location, the rooms are nice and the beds are...
    • Queen Room with Sea View

I often get staff looking down to me/talking down to me because I’m young yet it happened every time I consulted with a staff member here, which is disappointing. I have stayed in ‘cheaper’ hotels with less of a brand name and had nicer interactions. There was also some sort of conference going on(which I understand, it’s winter, hotels need to bring in money somehow in the off season) But there was people e v e r y w h e r e for the three days I was there. It made it very uncomfortable to go to the pool, or even the facilities on the same level as the pool such as the exercise equipment. Although I had a mediocre stay, it is still a nice hotel with nice rooms and is in a very good location.

It’s in a good location, the rooms are nice and the beds are comfy.

good location and the staff were very good.
    • Standard Twin Room

- Facility was so old. - Blanket was so thin, too cold at night. - The water was not stable as well as the tunnel was not so smooth.

good location and the staff were very good.

Good overall experience
    • Queen Room with Mountain View

It was very loud in our room as we were put next to the maintenance room and we could hear it all night.

Great variety of facilities and staff were friendly.

ok but not exceptional
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was very nice . Beds were comfortable, bathroom great. The bar staff were excellent. We decide to have breakfast at hotel and were very disappointed. we have stayed hotels all over the world in all 5 continents and this the first that didn't have Cornflakes,only dark brown cereals. The buffet was aimed at Asian customers because it was most congee, rice and curry{Interestinly nearly all the diners at breakfast weren't Asian though} There was one woman cooking omelette etc and she was under considerable pressure because nobody was eating the food in the bain-marees. Didn't enjoy our breakfast all.

Just acceptable needs tweaking
    • Queen Room with Sea View

A very annoying noisy exhaust in the bathroom that did not have a switch off it went all night (Automatic ) Went for a shower and the towels were not clean , they have ground in dirt marks on them,my husband was disappointed. I went to bed and through the night There was a fire out side and I was very concerned at first I thought there was a fire in the hotel. I could smell it in our room. It start to affect my breathing. I asked my husband to take a look out on our balcony to check for a fire and YES,he said there is a thick sky of smoke from a local bush fire. And annoyed as somehow the smoke smell was filtering into our room Being a person that can suffer a asthma attack, this was not good. So what to do? I put a towels under all the doors so to try and stop any of the smoke smell coming in the room, I had a compromised sleep that night. And ended up tired in the morning.

The room was lovely and comfortable with comfy pillow top mattress a nice large bed and a great sea outlook Breaky was very nice. Great cappuccinos Staff were lovely and friendly and helpful

Definitely not coming back to Rydges nor recommend. Plenty of other places to choose from.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

-Front desk staff (esp. Sina) weren't friendly, no smiling/asking how our stay was/no conversation except transferring of credit card for payment etc. -House keeping efforts came across as rushed or just didn't care (We stayed for 6 nights) towels were half folded up/bunched up and dumped on shower racks, sheets were half tucked when beds were made up. -Shower was crazy! Either super hot or super cold. -The pool was so cold! Went to warm up in the spa and it was cold as well! Not AS cold as the pool but turned on the bubbles & just moved the coldness around!!! -The place itself was kind of old. eg. the safe in the room didn't have the electronic code you can punch in. You have to get the key from reception for your room safe! We actually came here for our babymoon. Studying full time, this was my husband's only allocated leave for the year. We are on one income and our time off together was carefully planned taking into account both time & money. We wanted to celebrate and treat ourselves with the CHB Seafood Buffet at our last night at Rydges. The cold buffet got a good run with many oysters and spanner crab being eaten. Come 2am following morning, husband becomes SUPER sick....projectile vomiting & diarrohoea, spent the rest of the last day in Cairns in the hotel bathroom with the toilet (Duty Manager let us have late check out til noon-standard check out is at 11, so we had an extra half hour to catch up with the toilet yay). Had to cancel last day plans before flying back home and spent the rest of the flight and evening feeling miserable. Spoke to manager on duty (Yusuke)-handled things well, advised to seek medical cert stating sickness was from food poisoning to 'strengthen' our case.. got med cert & sent it in as requested, told to wait til end of week for response. Final response from Michael Dent- Manager Revenue Management and Front Office states no compensation and denies any fault. So, super helpful.

- location was really convenient. close to restaurant strip and woolworths for groceries - Room overlooked water

The hospital is within walking distance; big plus!
    • Standard Twin Room

At breakfast, Bircher Muesli wasn't properly soaked so the oats were still 'raw' and dishes at cereal bar had water in them - looked like they'd come out of the dishwasher and hadn't been dried. Other than that, excellent.

Really comfy bed.

The restaurant is a nice place to spend time when you’re in...
    • Standard Twin Room

The ‘spa’ was just a cold jacuzzi, the shower was low and flooded, the minibar was empty and we where not allowed to get onto our ‘balcony’. So a lot of facilities that where promised, where not there or you couldn’t use it.

The restaurant is a nice place to spend time when you’re in your hotel.

Lovely stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was fantastic with view of the ocean. Spectacular pool with palms and a nice lobby. Location is on the esplanade right 5 mins away from main bars, restaurants etc. Highly recommended!

I always enjoy my stay at Rydges and will continue to stay whenever possible, really good value!
    • Standard Queen Room

I love my NZ wines but didn't like the Sav Blanc ugh! Took one mouthful and gave it back. Would have been a bonus if the bar staff had recommended another especially when a standard glass cost $11 but no they took the glass & didn't even comment.

Breakfast was great. 10/10 for room service my food was hot!!

used to be worth the money but i just dont think its good value anymore, i wont stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

the fact the TV didn't have a epg guide thing on the remote or even a paper telly guide, after 2 and a half months at sea I really wanted to lay back in bed and relax not constantly channel surf trying to see what was on, I ended up bringing my own TV in out of my car, the tellies really need updating....for the $150 a night a paid, I feel not worth it as I have paid $90 a night in Cairns and had a really comfortable bed and great facilities in a lovely clean motel....

the comfortable bed

Beautiful view
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The air duct in bathroom was noisy consantly and could not be regulated and we had to ask for another blanket as we found the room a little cold.

Beautiful views and location was great.

I was very pleasantly suprised.
    • Standard Twin Room

I was very pleasantly suprised. Beds were the comfiest ive ever slept in. Decor was fab and clean everywhere clean. Receptionist was fantastic and friendly. I loved it

快適でした
    • Standard Twin Room

The other day I went to your hotel by a hired car. It's regrettable your address was incorrect. You address is not a corner of Esplaude and Kerwin but a corner of Abbott and Upward st. You should correct it quickly.

Ok, but I'd choose elsewhere next time.
    • Standard Twin Room

For a Rydges Hotel I was disappointed in a few things. There was mould on the bathroom floor tiles which was unexpected & disappointing given the wonderful reputation Rydges usually has. The air-conditioning had only an "on" or "off" option & was old and loud. The light fittings in our room were layered with dust which was also disappointing to see. The hotel is older, so understandably there are some things that cannot be updated, however cleanliness & the air-con can definitely be managed & modernised. This hotel is located further away from the main entertainment & dining area. We didn't necessarily feel 100% safe walking back to the hotel later at night. I travelled with my adult daughter so two women walking on our own didn't always feel safe along the esplanade at night. Staff were friendly but seemed more interested in the international tour groups & catering for their needs. There were also no snacks or drinks available in the room mini-bar which we found unusual. Just the long-life milk for tea & coffee. No glasses for water either.

The view & location were lovely with beautiful sea views & straight onto esplanade. Beds were comfortable. We did request twin double beds & ocean view room, which we received.

I will never eat the food at Rydges again. The actual place is nice to stay though...
    • Standard Queen Room

The meal that gave me food poisoning!

I order the room service steak and garlic mash potato meal and at 11pm woke up with pain and diarrhea. I didn't enjoy the meal and only consumed a small amount- THANK GOD! I was on and off the toilet for 5 hours! Imagine if I ate the entire meal. I also paid $4.50 for the Kit Kat that was in the mini bar and the chocolate was white and heat effected. It wasn't nice at all and I only ate a small amount.

Overall, our experience was extremely disappointing for the money we spent. Never again.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

I traveled with two friends and we were supposed to stay in two rooms next to each other. They arrived before me and they were not happy with their room. They will be writing their own review about that. When I got there, I was offered a room upgrade for $15 because my friends were not happy. I took the upgrade and I was very disappointed with the room. The bathroom was smaller than my friends room, my bath tub was tiny and it had mold in the silicon around the edges of the bath. The shower had no pressure at all; not much more than a trickle, so I only had one shower for the 5 days, I had to have a bath everyday in that baby bath - I had to bathe with my legs bend up and hardly any water. Ridiculous. For an upgraded room on your top floor, it was horrible. My friends had a deep spa bath and I would've preferred a room like theirs. I will never stay at your hotel again, and neither will my friends. We actually nicknamed your hotel 'Stinkin Rydges'. My room key was temperamental. I was told not to keep the card near my phone or magnets, so I made sure I kept it separate in my purse, the key still didn't work which meant I had to go all the way down to reception to have the key reset a few times. Very annoying. The breakfast buffet was ordinary and understaffed. On our last morning there, Mothers Day, we had breakfast before we left. There was one lady trying cook eggs for the entire restaurant, that poor woman was obviously under pressure but was very professional and friendly. Wouldn't you expect to be busy on Mothers Day morning and have two people cooking eggs for everyone? My omelette was raw in the middle, so I had to line up AGAIN to have it recooked. There was no butter for the toast, after 20 mins they bought some lumps of butter in a bowl of water with ice so it was rock hard and impossible to spread. The only tables available were sitting in the hot sun which was extremely uncomfortable.

Location was good
    • Queen Room with Mountain View

Lacking basic facilities such as plates, cutlery, kettle, toaster. Aircon temperature set and could not be adjusted. Noisy fan in bathroom that cannot be turned off.

Location was good

I was only there for one night so it did me fine. Would i recommend you only if someone asked .
    • Queen Room with Sea View

A very basic room just a simple thing like a jug to be able to put so water in the fridge...I'm glad we didn't pay full price.

The staff where very friendly and the view was great.

Awesome.
    • Standard Twin Room

Housekeeping was a bit average. One day I had to make my own bed. Milk wasn't refreshed and cups weren't washed properly. Only on the one day, most days it was ok! But people were more than accommodating.

Staff, room and location was awesome. Shout out to Sean, and the guys who were on deck on Wednesday night!

Very comfy bed.
    • Queen Room with Mountain View

Location was a little far to walk to the restaurants however a nice place to stay (but I realise you can't fix that)

Very comfy bed. Staff were excellent, especially Sean.

Will be back.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Great location. Handy to CBD and waterfront.Excellent views from balcony. Food great. Very friendly staff. Clean room could do with an upgrade to modernize. Comfortable bed. Will stay again next time in Cairns.

Great relaxing stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The only one thing was, there was only a sheet on the bed, I got cold during the night.

The room was nice and spacious, with beautiful views. The staff at reception we're very welcoming.

Comfortable but restaurant and room service very overpriced.
    • Standard Queen Room

Lack of facilities in the room. For convenience, as we were tired and had travelled all day, we were forced to use room service which was very over priced and not necessary if the fridge had drinks etc.

The overall feel was nice and the staff friendly

will not be staying at a Rydges again no matter what price.
    • Standard Twin Room

only one staff Member was a redeeming facter and his name was Max, very helpful. the food was so over priced it was laughable I could not recommend eating in the restaurant.

the bread rolls were good.

Decent stay, no complaints
    • Standard Twin Room

Looked a bit dated but didn't affect the stay. Tiny bit further from esplanade than expected but wasn't a problem

Staff were accommodating, bathroom was decent

Very relaxing week.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Sofa appeared to be new but was uncomfortable. Small and very low to floor. Air Conditioning was fixed at a constant temperature and not adjustable. Staff very happily provided an extra blanket.

Comfortable Clean room. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great view over harbour. Far enough away from noise of main shopping/cafe area but close enough for a comfortable walk.

Perfect location and amenities.
    • Standard Queen Room

If you didn’t book the breakfast with the room, it’s kinda expensive, especially extra coffee needs to be paid separately.

The location is perfect for exploring Cairns. The staff was very nice and helpful. Our requested travelcot was brought to the room within 5 minutes. It was very quiet, nice pool area and the seafood dinner buffet is something to go for. If you are traveling with kids the laundry facilities also come in handy.

Relaxed and satisfied to the full
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel was close to the town. The room was clean and overlooking an excellent view of the bay. The service was the best one can expect. We enjoyed our stay to the full.

I arrived late in on a flight and at 11pm decided to stay in...
    • Standard Twin Room

I arrived late in on a flight and at 11pm decided to stay in Cairns before travelling back to the Farm. Aaron was looking after the front desk and gave exceptional service. The room was tastefully decorated and met all my needs - great view out to the esplanade. Onsite parking was a bonus.

Beautiful view from balcony.
    • Standard Twin Room

Noisy. Wasn't able to adjust temperature in room. Having a shower was an exercise in not getting burnt. Kept going hot then cold. Dangerous.

Beautiful view from balcony. Room clean and bed comfortable.

Comfortable, close to the water views and good walking area.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

If arriving on the evening flight restaurant had closed, the minute walk seems longer to get something to eat.

Good lighting with lamps and a desk for working. Couch comfy. Discovered how good and close Muddies is.

The pool area is great.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The bathroom and bar fridge area of the room is starting to look a bit tired and dated. Still perfectly clean and functional, just a bit more ‘regional motel’ than ‘multi star hotel’.

The pool area is great. Water was nice and cold - which is rare for NQ. The bar tapas were delicious and reasonably priced. The rooms have abundant hot water. The staff were friendly and super helpful and accommodating.

The staff were friendly and in most cases helpful.
    • Standard Twin Room

It would have liked to have a jug of cold water in the fridge. This is the first time I have stayed at accommodation that did not supply water. On asking for water, I was informed I could purchase some from the vending machine.

The staff were friendly and in most cases helpful. The location is good and a short work to the city. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There were lots of options for food if you did not want to leave the hotel.

The staff were extremely accomodating, the pool is magical. Close to the esplanade.
    • Standard Twin Room

Would have liked a microwave or toaster in the room, they said they couldn't provide. Never received a reply from Booking.com when put in a request prior to trip, I could only liaise with the hotel.

The bed was super soft :)

Okay
    • Standard Queen Room

No scrambled or fried egg in the servery, had to wait for them to be cooked. Parking bay at the top of the outside stairs needs to be a no parking bay so guests can manage their luggage up and down the stairs more safely.

It was very comfortable and relaxating.
    • Two-Bedroom Studio Apartment - Unserviced

If you were staying for a while and yoy wanted to cook a meal it would be difficult. The shower was not nice to bath unde.

The romms were big and very comfortable.

Our room was very noisy;
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Our room was very noisy; adjacent bathrooms. Also had booked on booking.com and had booked a queen room with a sea view. My room overlooked the hospital and the small view of the sea from the corner was hardly satisfactory.

all good except for one unfriendly and unprofessional...
    • Standard Twin Room

all good except for one unfriendly and unprofessional reception staff named Webber. Other staff were all very warm and nice. I checked-in in the evening the first night and I was going to stay 5 nites with mum, and I asked the reception may I plz have a higher level rather then level 2. The reception staff(it was a female staff and she was good) told me she didnt have any room available room for me that night, but check with the morning staff it should be one ava form tom. Then in the morning, another famale staff was trying to fine a higher level room for me and when she just found it, Webber came(he was beside us and heard our conversation about changing the room), he was talking to that famale staff in front of me and he said "We cant change the room for them just because they want a higher level, due to the cleaning fee and all sort of stuff, you can tell her we can upgrade the room to a ocean view room but she needs to pay it." When your customer is just in front of you, you'd better talk to your customer straightforward,no need to say those rubbish to the other person and let me heard it, that is basic manner. Moreover, what do you mean cleaning fee? I am gonna stay for five nights, what is the difference if I need house keeping very day or even twice during my stay and change the room once????Seriously, rude.

I liked the location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Unfortunately this is the very first time I have written a negative review, or helpful feedback. The room was stinky and the shower was hot then cold, we had trouble getting correct temperature and pressure, the fixture and fittings and whole hotel I feel needs a revamp. Simple things that wouldn’t cost much, like a cold water jug in fridge, a variety of tea bags and a shower cap. I understand the property is older and priced accordingly, although little things matter.

I liked the location.

Disappointed with reservations.
    • Standard Twin Room

Cairns Rydges wanted to charge me twice as much to change my booking to an alternate date, despite the date still falling in the same 'season'. A room is a room - nothing changes regardless of what the date is. Cairns Rydges would not even offer a credit. Disappointing when money is more of a priority than customer service.

It was a "happy" stay generally, and we would certainly go back there when visiting Cairns.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The room was showing signs of age and wear - could do with a "refreshen" in the near future. We felt the restaurant was expensive and the staff were not as welcoming as could have expected for such a facility. (The front of house staff were very good, and welcoming) We would have preferred a stocked mini bar ( On booking out we were advised it would have been possible to have requested this, but that wasn't mentioned when we booked in so we assumed it was not available)

Location to the waterfront and dining was excellent. The balcony of our room gave an excellent viewing platform over the harbour. The furniture was adequate for the time we spent there (queen size bed, lounge, table & chairs, fridge, tea making facility) Undercover car parking was very good, but could do with more as hard to find a space, particularly when parking for the night.

It was fantastic, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.
    • Standard Queen Room

Only thing that wasn’t great was that the mattress was a bit saggy for my preference.

The staff were great, gave us a free upgrade to an ocean view room, which was wonderful. We had the in-room dining every night, the food was exceptional. Why would you go out when you can have restaurant-quality food in your room overlooking the Esplanade and the Coral Sea? Housekeeping responded to requests very promptly, eg when we ran out of milk & tea bags.

I would stay again.
    • Standard Twin Room

The pool was freezing even though it was 28 degrees outside. The in house restaurant was very expensive and we couldn't find the room service menu.

The beds were very comfy and the room was spotless

• Standard Queen Room

Air conditioning seems sporadic. No individual control panel in room. Breakfast was good the fiRst two days; but was amazing on the third morning - all the same cost. We wondered why it was at a marked better standard on the third day.

Great location. Clean. Helpful staff.

Overall a great stay at Rydges and Cairns
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Pool in the shade in the afternoon so did not use during stay as out most of the day.

Staff was fantastic: We warned that we would arrive at 6am and were allowed an early check-in which was very appreciated. Also great help booking boat trips, scenic flights and Kuranda tickets. Breakfast was very good, lot of options. Good location, easy to access esplanade and restaurants. Note that still a 30m walk to port so just grab a taxi if you need to get to the port to catch a boat to the GBR.

Common courtesy lacks it's all about your money.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The prices are excessive on everything you ask for. Can't even bring you a bucket of ice, no buck ma'am I can give you it in a bag won't deliver to your room like in every hotel I've been to in the world, it's$5 surcharge. Charges $20 for the smallest burger I've ever seen and another$5 to deliver to your room $7.50 fur a bottle of water Wtf every hotel in the world has free water in there rooms. Just appalled then you charge me for things I didn't even get. I thought sour cream came with wedges right?? $2.50 for sure cream. Most disappointed and disgusted feeling when leaving this hotel. Never again Cambodia overs better service Devine fresh food and customer service in the world. You guys need to learn from them.

Good value, but you get what you pay for.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room we had was a family room with a bunk for the kids and separate TVs with Xbox games... however, after multiple attempts at fixing the screens in our room the staff couldn't fix it. They didn't seem to have a clue how the entertainment system worked. Wouldn't have been an issue if there were no TVs at all, but both our children were very disappointed when it wouldn't work.

The pool was great. Location was the best part, just a short walk into the main strip

Could have been better
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Did not get a very friendly welcome to the hotel, the person who checked us in did not seem happy and we had to ask for information. The hygiene of the room was quite poor. The bed sheets and shower curtain had holes and stains and there were hairs in the bathroom. The cleaners would provide clean towels each day but did not seem to clean and the same bed sheets were used as the holes were there. Due to the above we did not feel like this was good value for the money it cost us to stay here.

The view from the property was magnificent. We did pay an extra cost for this but was well worth the money. Waking up and watching the sunrise was incredible. The location of the hotel was great only a few minutes stroll and you join the walk along the esplanade where you will find a lagoon, shops and restaurants. It's a bit further to walk to the marina around 15 minutes.

enjoyed the stay staff were friendly and helpful
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The bed could have been a Queen size not a double, also maybe put a clothes horse in the rooms so we could have dried out towels and swimwear, also screen doors on the glass sliding doors would have been ideal as we got eaten alive by mozzies, The breakfast was cold not hot when we arrived at 6.30 to eat

Place was really clean and close to where we needed to go.
    • Standard Twin Room

Pool near the gym was pretty ordinary and a bit grotty so we used spa instead Couldn’t find the lovely pool pictured as pictured online!

Place was really clean and close to where we needed to go. Staff friendly

A lovely seaview room in a super convenient and peaceful location
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The air conditioning malfunctioned all night during my first night which robbed me of a good night's sleep after a long overseas flight. No improvement was made when I first called Reception about it despite their promise to "send someone". The second time I rang Reception about it, a different staff member said it was "too late" to do anything about the AC and was quite rude. However, the next morning, I received a phone call from a very helpful and apologetic Reception staff member who offered a room with better-working AC. This hotel needs to improve its AC situation so that it works well in all the rooms, not just some of them.

Lovely seaview, great location, most staff members were very helpful.

It was ok
    • Queen Room with Mountain View

Did not like the shower curtain also the water temperature would not stay the same temperature one minute hot then cold was not nice to shower

The breakfast was nice

Wonderful Cairns
    • Standard Twin Room

The only drawback was the fact that we arrived in the stinger season so it was not possible to swim in the sea without extensive equipment

The hotel is very near the sea front and only a shortish walk to the very lively marina and lagoon area which has lots of very good cafes and restaurants. The hotel itself has a large swimming pool and God reception areas

Very relaxing
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Would have liked an exhaust fan in the bathroom to clear some of the condensation. Fly screens on the sliding doors would be good, and an outdoor setting for the balcony.

Great location. The view from our room was fantastic, overlooking the ocean.

Wont stay again
    • Standard Queen Room

Basic room. Shouldve stayed at a cheaper place. Tv is outdated. Cant adjust air con. Shower kept going hot to cold. Hair in bathroom. Nothing much in room at all. Noisey.

Will stay again
    • Standard Queen Room

We put in a complaint about the hot water in the shower. It was dreadful, alternating between hot and cold every few seconds. Never encountered before at this hotel, hopefully a one-off because we like staying here. Breakfast was not up the the usual high standard - however still ok.

Spacious rooms, ability to park under cover, proximity to everything in Cairns and having a good restaurant at the property

Disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

A lot further away from the main esplanade than described. Everything from walls, furniture, shower, frames and elevators were dirty.

Very comfortable beds

Great location with onsite parking, friendly staff and...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The fans in the bathroom were constantly on which made it quite noisy at night. Same for the bar fridge but that can be turned off.

Great location with onsite parking, friendly staff and plenty of facilities.

I will definitely be returning lovely lovely place.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

Unfortunately had a very noisy sliding door onto the balcony - was worried it would disturb the neighbouring rooms.

Friendly staff - exceptionally clean room - fantastic views - central location - beautiful meal served in the room (room service). Nice breakfast - all round a good place to stay will definitely be coming back!!

Room were soundproof and beds comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room

The shower in my room was a disabled shower that flooded the whole bathroom as the drain was in the middle of the room,

Room were soundproof and beds comfortable

Staff were lovely, I had requested an early check in and was...
    • Standard Queen Room

For me, single female traveller I thought the location was a little to far to just walk in to town for dinner, but that is my own fault as I did not check the walking distance, just looked at the ratings.

Staff were lovely, I had requested an early check in and was given a 2 bedroom apartment (I’m assuming based on that request - which was nice)

All together it was a great resort for a short stay, definitely wouldn't stay any longer 3 nights.
    • Queen Room with Mountain View

The room was lacking coffee and tea options with no free water or biscuits. The TV was basic and limited foxtel options. Scrap Foxtel and get Netflix or Stan, then that's a 100% win. The elevator was a bit slow, didn't beep when arrived and somewhat scared for safety.

The room was a great size and the bed was amazingly comfy and spacious for a couple.

After the poor start, the overall stay was pleasant.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

I had booked for 3 ppl & a few days out from checking in, I received an upgrade request from the hote which I acceptedl. Assuming this was for 3 ppl also. Once checked in & in the room, we discovered there was bedding for 2 ppl. When queried with reception they were accommodating however the gentleman behind the desk advised its normally an additional $30 per night but in this instance they’ll just waived the extra cost. This left a bitter taste in my mouth considering the hotel offered the upgrade knowing my booking was for 3 ppl & not 2.

Staff were very accommodating & rooms were always made & kept clean

We stayed for 2 nights in transit and it was adequate but would probably choose somewhere else.
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The hotel was tired looking and quite scruffy in parts, particularly the smoking area which was an eyesore with broken furniture. Smokers are guests too and even though I don't smoke, I vape which means I have to use it in the smoking area and it was not pleasant. The walls were very thin especially when the next door guests decided to play their music very loud until midnight when we had to be up for a 6.30am flight the next morning and there were uncontrolled kids running up and down the corridor in the day (not the hotels fault). The air-con temperature in the room was externally set so it was either on or off.

The location was great and the staff were really friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the view was fabulous. I would definitely recommend the seafood buffet and the barman made a fabulous off- menu Martini.

Convenient location and reasonable value for money shame about the smell
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The whole floor we stayed on (11) smelled very musty and the carpet looked to have wet/damp patches in all areas. The room was also damp and the children's linen smelled musty and felt damp. As a resident of FNQ I am more than familiar with humidity and this was beyond that.

Great set up for the kids in the room.

Would highly recommend
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing - the hotel is great!

Lovely hotel. Great location. Facilites are amazing. Rooms were spacious and clean. The gym and spa were a massive bonus.

Overall... it was OK, for the price. Just not 'exceptional' value.
    • Queen Room with Mountain View

The fridge was empty. Parking spot difficult to find. I had to park to the side, then returned in 2 hours to move the car. Got lucky, found just 1 spot left in the entire parking area.

I liked the bed (just not the pillows). Room was clean & staff at reception friendly (except for bar staff, somewhat disinterested).

The adjoining door in my room 917 allowed me to hear every...
    • Queen Room with Sea View

The adjoining door in my room 917 allowed me to hear every conversation next door, which including a loud child at 11pm! Perhaps don't put a single adult next to young children! At your prices I expect a very quiet room!