Reviews of Rydges Hobart 3.5 stars

Cnr Argyle Street & Lewis Street, North Hobart, 7002 Hobart, Australia

#38 of 51 hotels in Hobart

Most enjoyable stay!

Not much!

The reception staff where excellent, and happily changed our room to one with a view and also gave a complimentary bottle of wine with dinner. Dinner was fabulous in the restaurant. We loved the view from our room. Will come back, and will recommend to friends.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Rooms have a nice outlook.
    • Manor King Room

Rooms have a nice outlook. Its a nicely renovated older building so we were able to open windows for fresh air! (Which we loved!) Staff were all very friendly and helpful, atmosphere was relaxed.

I always enjoy staying at Rydges but wasn’t it impressed with this room
    • Antique Suite

Mix- match furnishings, board under mattress poking out, bumped leg on it a couple of times. Only commercial channels available and no hotel directory in room

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great value for money and would stay there again.
    • Manor King Room

A microwave is provided but no plates, bowls or cutlery. They would have been handy for the take away Indian meal we brought back to our room.

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom with twin vanities was huge. The separate lounge area was a bonus. Room was very quiet and clean.

Comfortable in a good location
    • Manor King Room

It took considerable effort for us to be placed in a suitable room. The receptionist was well meaning but did not really understand disability.

The room was spacious as was the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious in front of a lovely fire.

Awesome stay in North Hobart
    • Manor King Room

Kitchen amenities could be better, and housekeeping for longer-term stay could perhaps be slightly better, e.g. replacement of tea/coffee/dishwashing soap etc.

Very comfortable stay! Unit is spacious with great views. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Parking close to units and abundance of amenities on and around property.

Very enjoyable

Only the stairs.

It was a very enjoyable hotel experience. The only problem I had was climbing stairs due to a bad knee. I mentioned this at checkout and you updated my profile to rectify this problem. Food was enjoyable. Rooms were clean and tidy.

Great, accept for food quality.
    • Manor King Room

The quality of the food present was not good, the meal didn't measure up to what was written on the menu. The service was good however they were under staffed. This put unnecessary stress on them and didn't help their service.

The facilities were great, menu read well and service good.

I loved the size of room.
    • Antique Suite

I didn't like the bed end was too high to see tv ... And the lack of ventalion... very hot room..

I loved the size of room... the. The bathroom was a great size... could of had a door on the toilet as siting with the mirror infront was a little uncomfortable..

X3 times presented to reception and each time had a...
    • Superior King Room

X3 times presented to reception and each time had a considerable wait, the first time the receptionist appeared to be on a personal call behind in the office and didn’t wrap it up , the 2nd and 3rd time a sign with 5 mins away - there was no explanation of what our rate we were paying got , no explanation about breakfast nor a late checkout within our package -

Great amenities.
    • Manor King Room

About 5-10 minutes drive to the city centre. The reception desk seems to have no staff there most of the time.

Great amenities. Very clean room. The bed was so comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Very large room with a large nicely appointed bathroom
    • Antique Suite

lumpy uncomfortable bed which sloped to one side. Pillow was flat (Feather?). Cleaners did not do a very good job - dirty glasses left, and mini bar was never restocked during my 4 night stay.

Very large room with a large nicely appointed bathroom

I stay in Hobart a few times a year, but would not stay here again.
    • Antique Suite

My room was quite a way from the restaurant/bar/reception area, was not well lit and was accessible from a side street. The curtains were not hanging properly and had to be clipped together so no-one could see in from the street. One of the dining chairs had a long slash/split and appears to have been that way for a long time as the edges were frayed. The temperature controlled water was not hot enough for a good shower on a freezing morning. The restaurant was extremely expensive and the steak ($44) I had was returned as it was too tough. It was served with chips, and nothing else. The wine list consisted of cheap wines at exorbitant prices.

The bathroom was beautiful - clean, and looked brand new. The room was quite large and mostly comfortable, with a separate coffee making/microwave area. The waitress (Lisa) in the dining room was very pleasant and helpful.

Large, comfortable room.
    • Manor King Room

Only one bedside lamp in room. No information folder in room.

Large room with an additional sitting area. Excellent breakfast with friendly staff in attendance. Good parking available. Large king size bed. Very good bathroom layout.

Charming place to stay and good value
    • Antique Suite

room was great just need the TV on bracket on the wall as you cant see the tv when sitting in bed. The end of the bed blocks the TV.

Loved the comfort and view from the room over the oval

nice antique bedroom furniture but other than that, pretty...
    • Antique Suite

nice antique bedroom furniture but other than that, pretty modern facilities- so win-win i guess. i know a bit about the history of the place and it is a pity that this is not well evidenced anywhere. The bar area has a nice drawing room feel and would have been a perfect place for some displays. good food in the dining area and a10 minute walk into fantastic north Hobart dining strip. would stay again

Staff were lovely.
    • Antique Suite

Broken bedside table left in place with replacement popped next to it. Heater sparked when turned on. Bed and pillows uncomfortable. Bit of a hike from the car to the room, no clear signage which made navigating the garden paths difficult at night. Couldn’t get a coffee at check-in as only the Receptionist was available, then she said, “oh I can make you a cappuccino, it’s all I know how to make”, we walked to Town and had coffee instead.

Staff were lovely. Close to where we needed to be. Bathroom was modern and clean. Price was reasonable for the room.

The young lady on reception was amazing.
    • Antique Suite

The room was lovely but the drapes were faded very badly and one set were falling apart

The young lady on reception was amazing. Bubbly and happy. Willing to share a joke

The property is good value for comfort, space and location however the linen was dirty.
    • Manor King Room

The sheets and doona were dirty. There was bird poo on the sheets and we suspected blood on the doona.

The location is very good and the space in the room was more than ample. The bed was comfy and the parking was safe and included in the price.

Very enjoyable and would stay again
    • Antique Suite

Would have liked a bit more information such as a folder re the hotel, menu of restuarant, facilities and local restuarant recommendations etc

Comfortable and quiet

A very enjoyable stay . Most comfortable bed i have experienced . Staff engageing and helpfull.
    • Superior King Room

Room yook some time to warm.

The room was spacious and beds were fabulous. Staff were friendly and engaging, very accommodating. We ate in restaurant and breakfast daily. The meals were nicely presented and we enjoyed each dish we chose.

Most beautiful hotel and staff!
    • Manor Twin Room

I didn’t not like anything!

When I asked to use the stunning reception area and hallway to take a photo for my modelling they helped out so much by even assisting in the photoshoot! Most lovely staff!

The poor tea and coffee cubicle.
    • Manor Twin Room

The poor tea and coffee cubicle. Poor lighting and minimum utensils. A knife would have been handy . Also a couple of plates even if they were plastic.

would go again
    • Manor King Room

the tv was in the bedroom when we had a lovely little lounge room to use

spacious, attractive clean comfortable bed great bathroom quiet close to hobart

Excellent in every way.

Nothing I am aware of.

I could not fault this accommodation and I have traveled a great deal around the world. I have stayed there twice before so I know the property. It is ideally situated in Hobart and in particular, it is close to Calvary Hospital. The breakfast options were excellent and I enjoyed my full breakfast. I highly recommend Rydges if you are coming to Hobart.

As said above cosy, aesthetic and value for money

Nothing to say here

I stay at Rydges quite often as I live in country Tasmania and winter country driving to work is hazardous at times Rydges is cosy, aesthetic and value for $ will continue to stay here

Great contemporary breakfast included with low price of...
    • Manor King Room

Television - I like watching the national, non-commercial television station, but I was unable access it from the television in my room.

Great contemporary breakfast included with low price of accommodation.

My rate was $130 very good value, room huge, nice styling.
    • Manor King Room

Our room was in the dodgy red brick council flat section. Not that clean when you look closer. Bed was a twin pushed together.

My rate was $130 very good value, room huge, nice styling. Located at the top end of North Hobart. Lots of good restaurants close by.

very spacious unit (bedroom, bathroom, living room), well...
    • Manor King Room

nothing, keep in mind the location (it is not in downtown Hobart)

very spacious unit (bedroom, bathroom, living room), well equipped, clean, comfortable bed

Cosy, Comfortable, Good Value, Convenient.
    • Manor Twin Room

Steep stone steps to reception entrance, alternative easy entrance was quite a walk to backdoor of building. Better to leave luggage in car until after checkin and you know where your room is, as you can probably drive closer to it as rooms are in surrounding historical buildings.

Lovely cozy room with heater on when I arrived. Kingsize bed and oldfashioned wardrobe for hanging. Modern large bathroom with 2 hand basins and roomy shower cubicle. Fridge, microwave and functional bench with tea making facilities.. If you take your own bowls, cutlery and food you can prepare simple meals. Sitting room with settee, two lounge chairs, coffee table and large TV. Decor quiet and fits with era of historical buildings. Views over football oval to city. Bus runs past door. Easy walking to Elizabeth St shopping, State Cinema and restaurants. I got a last minute special, $103 per night.

Smooth Rydges
    • Antique Suite

The coffee table in Room 52 looks as though you wouldn’t be able to give it away! It jarred with the elegance and style of some of the other furniture. If the intent was a juxtapositioning with furniture -intentionally -then creating a “mish mash” effect ,missed the mark. Why have some exquisite details only to be marred by inconsistency? The couch was also too modern although I appreciate function and comfort is also important - a tasteful chaise lounge would have been much better. I reorganised the tray of treats and samples so the eye could take in every thing without having to lift up or adjust a single item. No, not that I felt it wasn’t up to standard, I was just bored anc couldn’t sleep and had been awake from 5am , wishing I wasn’t and trying to while away a little time. The bin in the kitchen is too high up to operate pressing it from within the cupboard. Also, if left at floor height and you drop something into it but miss, it’s a long way down for the elderly, infirm or those with limited mobility. Over sized towels would go a huge way towards adding a touch of comfort and luxury - just my opinion. One of the curtain rails was tricky to operate- I think one ting has come off. They looked beautiful though and the view outside was gorgeous. The most disappointing thing of all was the fact that the pool table wasn’t replaced after the restructure. We played in the bar years ago and this was going to be a highlight of the return visit - loved the book nook but really sad to see no pool on the cards.

The autumn leaves seemed like a romantic,artistic statement ...but they were accidental apparently. The bed was beautiful and extremely comfortable. If only I had slept the whole time instead of being out and about - then I could have taken full advantage of it! Lol. There were some beautiful antique pieces of furniture and ornate fixtures. I loved the high ceilings and the spaciousness of the room. I’m a fan of the black and white tiled bathroom also as it echoes old school style in my book, as did the colonial style windows. I felt a little like I was being transported to olde worlde Hobbit Towne. The staff were delightful. Jenna on the main desk, earns 5/5 gold stars.

Reception was really nice.
    • Antique Suite

Reception was really nice. Staff friendly. Good coffee and hot choc. Room spacious and comfortable easy parking. Reception was really helpful, could not do enough for us.

Good, but could add minor things for little cost
    • Antique Suite

Small, inexpensive things not provided, e.g. no clothes hook in bathroom, light behind you when at bathroom mirror, not even a sheet of paper advising hotel services

Excellent view of North Hobart Oval

Location is a bit of distance from the city if you don’t have a car. If you do stay here, you should
    • Manor King Room

Staff were pleasant enough, I did have a little hiccup with my booking, not their fault. I was a little disappointed that staff made me feel like I was disrupting their schedule because I needed a little extra help with my booking.

Very comfy bed and the room was really clean.

We will definitely stay at Rydges Hobart again when we’re in Tasmania!
    • Manor King Room

Fantastic place to stay. Really friendly and helpful staff. Thanks Rebecca! The charm of the maim building felt like I’d gone back in time. It was stunning. Really comfortable bed! Huge modern room with lovely touches. Breakfast was beautiful!

Good stay but I doubt we will return due to the noise factor and disturbance.
    • Antique Suite

There was a wedding on and it felt like we had our own personal do playing songs in our bathroom because our room was right above the events room. We asked for ear plugs which unfortunately could not be provided and the event was finishing at 12am. We would have appreciated a heads up from the hotel about noise and base vibration as we could have organised other arrangements to suit our needs better.

The room was beautiful.

Overall lovely motel but away from most things had to get a taxi everywhere
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff member was quiet rude when we had arrived from a late night flight not at all welcoming

The room was large and spacious separate living area, comfortable bedding

Pleasant stay central to visiting other parts of Hobart
    • Antique Suite

The keycard entry wasn't working and the staff had to let us in our room which was situated at the rear of the main entrance. Due to this issue the hotel did give us a discount on the room, which was very good.

The bedroom was big and had a comfy bed. There was a small lounge room to sit and read in which was separate to the bed area. The bathroom was big and the shower was good. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Antique Suite

This was my 3rd trip to Rydges and we were disappointed this time, bed was most uncomfortable, could not open a window for fresh air, the car park light outside our room kept our room bright when we both require pitch black to sleep we, breakfast choice was disappointing and we feel we paid way to much for a tired room

Overall very comfortable and pleasant
    • Antique Suite

I struggled with the lack of noise insulation in the apartments One night I had to contend with the noise of children jumping up and down and playing quite loudly and coming through the walls really kids on holiday just being kids but the management was very good in handlin the situation and moved me to another apartment

I liked the overall decore of the units and the location and ambience of the complex and the attention to detail within the suite The bed was extremely comfortable Very large TV

Always greeted by friendly staff, beds really comfortable.
    • Manor Twin Room

The water from shower leaks out onto bathroom floor.

The rooms are large and beds really comfortable. Free wifi and big tv. Wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Hobart.

Don’t stay in the Antique Suite.
    • Antique Suite

Central heating was on swelteringly high and we had no control over the temperature of our room. The bed was uncomfortable and my partner (6’4) didn’t fit in it. The bed had also been visibly damaged and haphazardly fixed (see images) Upon arrival the clerk at the desk complained about his shift and time in which he was working until. At the entry of the building the carpet is obviously threadbare and needs replacing. Poor soundproofing in the room lots of noise from hallway.

The room was spacious.

OK but above faults need rectifying quickly.
    • Superior Twin Room

Beds much too soft and sagging in the middle. Resulted in poor sleep and aching backs. Shower screen had gaps around the door resulting in a flooded floor each time we showered. Had to ask for extra towels for mopping up the water.

Above expectations

All good

Very comfortable and relaxing accomodation plus beds were excellent. Staff very friendly and insisted we help ourselves to more easter eggs at reception !! Breakfast was sensational and stopped both of us. A first

A beautiful stay. Thank you Rydges in North Hobart.
    • Superior Twin Room

Very quiet location in North Hobart and just a 30 min walk to the city. Beds were very comfortable and rooms are a good size with a lounge suite for comfortable seating.

Very clean and big sized room.
    • Antique Suite

The room we had didn’t have an air conditioner which to me didn’t seem obvious when booking. It’s well isolated and has 2 windows, so really not having an AC wasn’t the end of the world. The room did have a heater and a stand up fan.

Very clean and big sized room. Free parking is awesome. When visiting Tasmania you’d be silly not to hire a car and this hotel is easy to get in and out of.

Shocking bed & response to complaint. Unacceptable. 0/10
    • Antique Suite

The mattress was a terrible we kept rolling into the middle, my husband eventually slept on the lounge, this was at 3.00am in the morning. When we bought this up when checking out the smarmy desk clerk turned it all back on us. telling us that they had just replaced all the beds, and we should have let them know at 3.00am in the morning. Who in their right mind wants to get dressed re pack cases and move to another room at that hour, I am sure other guests would not have been happy at the disruption either. Anyway for the cost of this place it should never have happened. No apology, all our fault. If he had said sorry and offered us a complimentary breakfast or reduction in the rate. I would not be writing this. This standard of bed should not be in a modern hotel, worse we have seen since 1990.

Everything until we tried to sleep

Was convenient for what we needed
    • Manor Twin Room

View was dissapointing Tv in the bedroom ( 3 walls in the lounge ) No access to the balcony Not sufficient linen ( towels ) Overpriced mini bar

Beds were like sleeping on marshmallows , Close to the city

Spoiled by food and one staff member
    • Superior Twin Room

Mouldy on bathroom ceiling & shower doors allowed water to get on floor. Male on reception needs to learn to say please & to do things when says he will. Food in restaurant is dreadful. Had pumpkin soup which was so over spiced could not taste any pumpkin if in fact it was in the soup at all. We complained but still charged full price

Bed was comfy. Breakfast bar good. Female staff at reception lovely.

Rooms were very spacious with separate living room.
    • Superior King Room

Could provide some bowls and plates as a microwave is provided which would be handy for breakfasts in your unit.

Rooms were very spacious with separate living room. Excellent beds and furniture and nice outdoor seating area for a drink. Great bathrooms which are very spacious.

Tried calling the property twice before arrival and phone...
    • Superior Twin Room

Tried calling the property twice before arrival and phone rang out.them upon checking in rang reception and phone also rang out. Batteries flat in Rv remote. Twice had to return to reception after checking in as room key would not open door.

The rooms were unexpected, as there were 4 in the antique...
    • Antique Suite

We were , I think , above kitchen area and at ten that night all the glass bottles were thrown into the recycling bin and this totally "jerked" me out of my sleep. This also happened again one morning. Just so loud and unexpected. Obviously needs to be done. No other dislikes.

The rooms were unexpected, as there were 4 in the antique suite. All beautiful and old but done up. Bed was comfortable and 2 pillows which is appreciated. The dining area large and airy and light. Great amenities on offer-wines etc . The sitting/tv room great to relax in after a day out and watch TV. Great old little air vents that cooled room down if stuffy. Breakfast was very nice and the restaurant had a lovely outlook over the cricket/afl field. Was close to Elizabeth st with some amazing restaurants. Found a gem Japanese one hidden away upstairs.

Fine for a night in Hobart for work trip.
    • Manor King Room

Bed was too soft for us but then we are used to firm. Room was too warm overnight with no obvious air conditioner to adjust No shampoo amongst toiletries - only soap block and a body lotion. Wi fi was slow in the evening. We arrived in the restaurant at 8:10 pm ( after my workshop ) only to be told there was only 1 chef on, they had 10 room service meals to prepare and they could only offer main course....we decided to go out in the rain instead to a local restaurant. We got back at 9:30 to find the restaurant dark and closed up - normally open till 10pm. It felt like they didn’t want us there.

Large room with separate sitting area Cleanliness Quiet

Good location and ample parking.
    • Superior Twin Room

Problem with being unable to lock the door and make it secure , but it was attended to by staff.

Good location and ample parking. Good sized ensuite. Comfortable bed .

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, excellent food!
    • Superior Twin Room

It was a last minute booking, so the room rate was a bit painful (and almost every hotel I looked at was booked out!), but the pleasant stay took the edge off that!

The room was quiet and comfortable, and the hotel is conveniently located, with free onsite parking. The restaurant was small and elegant and the food was excellent! But what really stood out was the exceptional level of customer care, particularly at reception and the restaurant staff.

Very pleasant stay and location was good
    • Superior King Room

Coffee sachets in the room were disgusting!

Superior king single room was excellent, with spacious newly renovated bathroom. Hotel was very close to the excellent cafe strip in Elizabeth St, North Hobart.

It was ok was it was clean but a little too far to walk to the cbd
    • Antique Suite

Our room was very noisy all night due to the plumbing we had to be moved the next tnight. We were given a 50% discount for thst nigjt and complementary breakfast for our inconvenience. That was a nice but I had to ask for compensation it was not offered

comfortable rooms
    • Superior Twin Room

Lighting outside the bedroom doors stayed on all night and kept the room from being dark. Television in the bedroom was hard to comfortably watch tv during the afternoon / night

Internal lighting Good. Beds & pillows very comfy.

The room we stayed in was lovely (overlooking the stadium)...
    • Manor King Room

It took a while to be seated for dinner even though they weren't a lot of people around. It would have been good to have one or 2 more staff as there was also no one to serve us at the bar for quite some time. There were dirty dishes outside our room when we checked in and the dishes were still there when we checked out.

The room we stayed in was lovely (overlooking the stadium) and the service was great

• Superior Twin Room

The only slight negative was that the room cleaning wasn’t the best. Towels had some stains on them and weren’t changed. They were changed when requested but should have been done when the room was made up. Also we walked past a tea pot outside someone else’s room for 4 consecutive days. Although this wasn’t our room I would think it should have been collected in one day by the cleaners.

Location was great with heaps of parking. Really easy to drive to lots of destinations in Hobart. We had a twin room that was spacious and had a separate lounge area and large bathroom. Rooms look like they were recently renovated. Hotel reception staff were AMAZING, specifically Rebecca who went out of her way to help us with great places to go and see that only a local would know.

Good room but no bar or coffe no restaurant staff trays left outside rooms for 4 days until we left
    • Superior King Room

No cleaning or refilling coffee and bar no room service no bar or restaurant staff . Restaurant not open some nights no info for alternative food or takeaways

Adequate but not to return
    • Manor Twin Room

Room was not cleaned to satisfactory level. Spilt tea leaves still on top at end of stay .used milk carton also still on top. Peanut shells from a previous guest around the carpet . Luggage rack stored in wardrobe covered with additional bedding for put u up bed in lounge area. Had to take out before could use rack. When bed remade pillows not fluffed up still in creased state from sleep.

Property had a laundry. There was a party in function room but this did not disturb us at all.

No air conditioner in the rooms!
    • Manor King Room

No air conditioner in the rooms! Even hobart get hot in summer Also the hotel is a long walk from the main area of the town. And it’s uphill the whole way back

Clean.
    • Superior King Room

Internet modem is located right under the bed exactly where you put your head down. Woke up with a big headeache and was really upset when I discovered that.

Clean. Good looking.

Very comfortable, liked the room. Great position.
    • Superior King Room

Felt room wasn't cleaned properly after our first night.No room service option for breakfast.

Our room was nicely decorated and extra spacious. The bathroom was fabulous. Our position was very quiet and the hotel was well positioned close to CBD, Markets and Mona.

Great location with easy access to the city and the...
    • Antique Suite

The room had a microwave but no utensils to eat anything. Also the bed was a 4 poster bed, but for a tall person this is slightly too short and means you have to find another way to sleep comfortably.

Great location with easy access to the city and the restaurants and movie theatre in Elizabeth st. Plenty of off road parking. The room we had was in the old building with lots of character and overlooked the football field. It had a separate living area to the bedroom, which is convenient.

Really greatful that we were able to change rooms due to...
    • Antique Suite

The bed in the first room we had was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept it. Didn’t realise that the bedroom was upstairs and everything else is downstairs. There is no air conditioning upstairs and only a small fan with power points way up the other end of the room (you can’t feel the fan when lying on the bed) or power point behind the bedside cabinet but with only a short power cord, the fan was right beside the bed.

Really greatful that we were able to change rooms due to having the most uncomfortable bed ever in the first room we were given. Any interaction we had with staff was always pleasant.

We enjoyed our short stay at
    • Superior Twin Room

There was one cushion that smelled very bad - obviously needed laundering. we spoke to the cleaning staff who were extremely helpful and quick to see to the problem

The suite was roomy and comfortable.

Wonderful (which is Tasmania all over)
    • Antique Suite

Wonderful staff, genuine and so helpful. A lovely old building, gorgeous room, comfortably furnished with absolutely everything you need. Fantastic restaurant (even the room service meal was fantastic). Onsite parking is easy and I loved the location as it was only a few minutes drive into the centre of Hobart, but just that little bit out so that traffic and getting in and out was not a problem.

Uncomfortable
    • Manor Twin Room

Not being informed about the air conditioning prior to or at book in, had we realized this we would have requested a change of room.

Booked for 2 night stay expecting double bed and air conditioning. w What we got was 2 single beds and no air conditioning. Two of the most uncomfortable days as it was very hot, no fans and one window that didn't open. I would not recommend this to anyone and as it was our last two days in Tasmania it ruined the overall experience.

A little mixed but mostly good.
    • Manor Twin Room

Some confused thinking on kitchenette---it had a microwave (which I could not operate), bench, dish cloth, tea towel, no dishes or cutlery. Bathroom---2 wash basins ridiculous, extremely noisy fan, should be separately switched. A lot of training noise from adjacent major oval, would not like to be there during a game.

Elegant suite of three rooms and kitchenette, 5* bathroom.

The building is amazing!
    • Antique Suite

The most horrible lady on checkin. Kept talking over the top of me, wouldn’t help with our reservation she was an absolute disgrace on this hotel and on the wider chain. Very disappointing ☹️

The building is amazing!!! The rooms are clean and comfortable/ very large!! Really enjoyed the stay

Exceeded expectations.....
    • Superior King Room

We thought that we were booking for a motel type accommodation with small kitchenette. There is a microwave and fridge but no sink area apart from bathroom.......we did ask for crockery and cutlery which hotel happily provided. Not a criticism, more an observation, as this is a lovely hotel.

Really nice hotel that far exceeded expectations.......rooms are huge and of night standard, staff friendly and helpful.

We have travelled a bit and have seen great simple meals save poor hotels in bad locations
    • Superior King Room

Low light hanging near bed. The spider we found in room 43 and the dinner meals were not nice.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable but a low lying light near the bed was a silly place to put it

a pleasant hotel
    • Antique Suite

Music along corridor starts up at 645am and was too loud. Most people are on holidays at the hotel this time of year I expect, and would have been nice to have a bit of a lie in.

The hotel is comfortable with more of a traditional feel to it (original building). The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is not far from the Botanic Gardens which has a special sub antarctic collection. Not far from the city centre. There is a beaut cinema - State Cinema - in North Hobart which we went to and is a great independent cinema. Also, agreat choice of restaurants along Elizabeth St, North Hobart.

Browse Rydges Hobart traveller photo gallery