Reviews of QT Canberra 4.5 stars

London Circuit, 2600 Canberra, Australia

#40 of 100 hotels in Canberra

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Loved the feel of the place.
    • QT King Room

The noisy fridge in the room. The bedding was a bit strange... king size bed but two single duvets.. not joined together!!!

Loved the feel of the place... great vibes!! Location. Free new release movies.

Location convenient to city & Floriade
    • QT King Room

unavailability of a car space. That the dining room is too dark, making reading the menu very difficult.

Love the location. Very central to everything.

Very nice hotel, except if you want room service
    • QT King Room

Poor choice of room service meals. Tried to order food when returning from a night out to be told no room service was available, despite there being a 11pm-3am menu in the books. Need more selections of food on the room service menu.

Very nice hotel. Stylish, clean, and spacious rooms

Very impressed with everything. I will definitely be back.
    • QT King Room

Super comfy bed and pillows! Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. I had a lovely view from my balcony and enjoyed eating at the restaurant. Totally enjoyed my stay!

DO not STAY Here
    • QT Junior Suite

Not a thing at all will never go back

Worst rudest staff ever met they also stole from me while I stayed there and didn’t follow policy also one of the female staff members tried hitting on my husband by leaving him notes with her number on it. We were staying for our wedding anversity

An unhappy stay.
    • QT King Room

I have stayed at QT many times. Only ever had minor problems which were quickly fixed. This stay however was the last. Fridge didn’t work so food I had taken for breakfast was ruined. Bed linen had not been changed from previous guest. Parking was not available even though I organised it on checkin. I drove around for half hour at 9.30pm before returning to hotel Valet parking was provided. Breakfast was poor. A poached egg was made by cracking a pre-prepared partially boiled egg onto plate!!! Service in bar eating area was very poor. On check out it was apparent none of these issues had been noted on my account apart from the parking. So then had to go through it all again with staff member. The dirty linen was the last straw. I won’t be staying again.

Decor.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Good place to stay if you are not needing room service . Good location, close to the lake.
    • QT King Room

Room service was poor, not many options and very expensive, paid $80 for two basic meals but arrived late as flight was delayed by 2 hours and didn’t have many other food options. Parking was limited and had to pay $15 per night

Super comfy beds, staff were very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

• QT King Room

Breakfast was an extra $60 plus coffee on top of that, they gave me an upgrade but I already had paid for that room... dinner was lovely service slow

Food was fantastic at restaurant 😋but felt seating was a...
    • QT King Room

Parking arrangements and mixed information we received about it on arrival..also the distance from civic centre shopping etc was misleading ..not really comfortable walking distance if you wished to do a bit of shopping or go out at night

Food was fantastic at restaurant 😋but felt seating was a little bit like being in a club!..not quite the intimate dinner experience I would have preferred sadly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

very enjoyable. Would recommend to others.
    • QT Twin Room

room lighting could be a little brighter for business / work. Bathroom needs an exhaust fan.

liked the quirkiness of hotel. Great food in restaurant and good variety. Rooms were spacious and really great to have opening doors for fresh air.

Nice weekend in an ok hotel
    • QT Junior Suite

The furnishings in the suite could be more luxe. The suite was just two small hotel bedrooms with the door opened between them and the second room had a small sofa and a plastic chair and coffee table in it rather than a bed, and the bathroom so two small bathrooms. The bathroom door was warped and a bit broken at the bottom. The sofa was quite old. The Buffet breakfast was average, best to go to nearby cafe eg Mocon and Green Grout.

Car park directly under the building so can go from room straight down lift on same floor as car park to car. Views from room on 13th floor were great. The room was fine, good quiet temperature control, we had a great weekend.

A bond was taken for the room.
    • QT King Room

A bond was taken for the room. When entering the room it was immediately apparent that a bedside lamp was broken. We had a bottle of champagne with us but could not use the provided glasses as one had not been cleaned since previous use with wine sediment still in the bottom

Location of property excellent- easy walking distance to CBD.
    • QT King Room

Location of property excellent- easy walking distance to CBD. Great restaurant onsite. Room great- comfy and clean. Staff friendly and welcoming on my arrival and helpful throughout stay.

I stay here when I visit Canberra, it is clean, well priced,...
    • QT King Room

Not so fast to check out.

I stay here when I visit Canberra, it is clean, well priced, staff are friendly & it has a funky lobby & bar to enjoy.

Not enough staff.
    • QT King Room

Not enough staff. It was frustrating Lining up to check in, to ask a question eg to borrow an umbrella, to order a cocktail, to check out, to enquire about breakfast.....every time.

Great for Hipsters and the Cool kids
    • QT King Room

My room was was outside the lift No. 713 and the noise from the lift area was really loud in to my room - the hotel was booked out and I can sleep through anything but if noise bothers you make sure you are away from lifts. Also the step down from the shower was a lot and the curved flooring from the bathroom to the room carpet was also a trip hazard. Watch your step.

style and design, music in lobby and bar and the free films a real bonus

Enjoyable
    • QT King Room

We were in Room 419 and the main curtain needs attention as it does not close properly. We needed to query the account on checkout as we had added a Sunday breakfast only and had been charged for two days. Easily rectified by having our booking receipt available. Found dinner menu slightly expensive. Did not know about Genius perks!

The location was good, staff helpful. room adequate.

We will not return
    • QT Twin Room

We didn't appreciate being greeted with, 'if you have a car there are no parking spaces'. Fortunately we didn't have a car but the attitude was very poor. QT is under the impression that complimentary WIFI, tea and coffee is special. There are very few hotels not supplying free WIFI and it has been many years since tea and coffee has not been complimentary, in fact these days many boutique hotels are offering a free mini bar. The rooms are a slightly up market form of travel lodge, small rooms and bathrooms. On the first night we only wanted a bar snack to discover that the bar menu that is advertised on the web was not being provided and there was a very tiny menu on offer. Why advertise it if it is unavailable. I could go on but I won't. I tried QT on this visit but certainly won't return, Hotel Hotel is head and shoulders above QT.

The majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful and we would particularly like to mention Ana and Maddie in Capitol Bar and Grill. There was also a gentleman on reception who was quite helpful when I lost my cardigan coat, although I am yet to hear from him. The beds are very comfortable and the food in Capitol Bar and Grill was tasty.

Would definately recommend anyone to stay here. Families, couples or business people

Very small bathroom .

Loved the Hotels quirky décor and fabulous location. We had dinner in the grill and were impressed by the service, wine selections and food which was delicious.

It was a great weekend
    • QT King Room

The water pressure from our shower was well below standard. There was no fan in the bathroom either and all the mirrors fogged up.

We liked the buzz of the premises, the layout of the dining/lounge area and the quirkiness of the decor

Overnight stay
    • QT Superior King Room

Design was bizarre, political theme, I have never seen anything like it. Even had huge portrait of Kim Jong Un in bar area. Bar needs better set up. Not many stools or tables available. Fire place blocks view and separates room so you can’t enjoy it. No car parking available.

Good restaurant and room was clean and comfortable.

We booked one J/suite and twin, instead the allocation was one interconnected and a twin , the manager lied stating it is a better room and tried to bluff us

perfect place to check out ANU - wonderful staff
    • QT Twin Room

no record of my parking arrangement with hotel agreed by email prior to stay food in restaurant disappointing no bottled water in room bath towels v small

amazing location super helpful staff

Thanks for an enjoyable stay.
    • QT King Room

Just out of walking distance to the CBD restaurants. Not a lot around the area but it means it is quiet.

Easy to drive to. Paid parking :( The parking across the road is not “free” even if they indicate it is. Only between 8pm and 8am is it free.

Pretty lame for a QT
    • QT King Room

The King bed was just two king singles pushed together, and it was quite obvious due to the seams being right in the middle of the bed. The parking lot was inaccessible until after checking in, but there was so signage to indicate so. We booked the hotel under the impression that there was a pool- there wasn't, but the google ad snippet for QT Canberra said there was. The front desk staff didn't care much about our disappointment. Add to that, upon our arrival it looked as though 3 of them were attempting to sort out an issue and kept us waiting for minutes in the meantime. It would have taken only 1 of them to get us sorted. Overall, the hotel felt like it was a fraud of a QT. It was completely lacking in personality, comfort and hospitality, and if it were the first time I'd stayed in a QT I wouldn't look to stay in another one.

Location was great, room was spotless, staff at the restaurant were awesome.

Overall we enjoyed the stay, most staff were friendly & helpful and the twin rooms were comfortable.
    • QT Twin Room

The bar area was very busy and we had trouble finding a place to seat our group of 6. We had 4 chairs & asked a nearby male staff member if he could help get 2 more chairs. He was quite dismissive & just said there wasn't any. While he stood nearby doing nothing, we managed to ask around the other tables and find extras ourself. The bar prices were very expensive ($95 for a bottle of standard red wine). 1 of the 3 rooms we stayed in was not cleaned properly, but front desk staff apologised & compensated which we appreciated. The breakfast buffet was good but for the price, barista coffee should not be charged extra.

It was a weekend away for 6 girlfriends. Enjoyed the hotel and room decor, and the fun touches. The hotel was well located for our weekend plans in and around Canberra.

Excellent stay, very comfortable
    • QT King Room

Restaurant prices are a little expensive, would like to see a larger menu from the bar

Everything under one roof, didn't have to go outside to get dinner of drinks

Great time in a funky design Hotel
    • QT King Room

Services. Why a customer should pay to rent a bicycle? I can understand a little bond but 25$ for 8 hours it's just too much. Also the parking is not for free. The Hotel is very nice and I had a great experience, but services are not that great, and also I explained that it was my partner's birthday celebration but we didn't get any special treatment.

Nice Room, Beautiful Hotel with funky and elegant design .

Worthwhile
    • QT King Room

Staff levels particularly concierge. Phone system average. Equipment not staff.

Good location. Excellent bed. Visit to Canberra my first in 40 years. QT refurb of a 1972 property well done. Staff most helpful. Thought the lack of assistance with concierge only drawback. Would recommend and stay again.

Wonderful place to stay and will definitely stay there again
    • QT King Room

Room a bit smaller than photos displayed, don't recommend eating at the hotel restaurant if you're on a tight budget

Room was very clean, bed was amazing, staff can't do enough for you, hotel was always warm even though -4 outside

enjoyable
    • QT King Room

There is never enough light in the bathroom and the mirror is too far away for doing makeup etc.

I didn't have breakfast but I did have coffee which was OK but not great

We were there for a 21st.
    • QT Twin Room

The noise from the lift shaft. The lack of bright lighting in the bathroom, for applying make up was difficult, not only for myself but for my 18 year old daughter. The 'keys' were not reliable.

The shower. The room was comfortably heated. The view.

Excellent choice
    • QT Twin Room

Parking could be included in price

Room was clean and fresh with everything needed for a comfy stay. Easy walk to centre of town. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent and breakfast lovely, fresh and plenty of choice.

Terrible experience
    • QT Twin Room

Room 412. Next to lift shaft. Too noisy. Complained approx 9:15pm I was told the lift closest would be switched off. Became quieter but still noisy. I would have asked to move but my mum was asleep. This room should NOT BE USED it is too noisy even with closest lift switched off. Got even louder at dawn. Terrible experience.

Funky hotel
    • QT King Room

My partner and I loved that the hotel had a unique character and made us smile seeing all the quirky little government furnishings. The restaurant down stairs was also AMAZING for breakfast and diner!

While it’s not cheap it is one of the more funky places to stay in Canberra.
    • QT King Room

While I love the ground floor bar it’s very overpriced. The antipasto plate we ordered had lots of meat but no vegetables, what can only be described as crumbs of cheese and about 4 olives. Not really up to scratch given the cost.

The beds were very comfortable and the decor quite funky. I love the political history themes. The bar in the lobby was a very cosy place to meet friends and have a nightcap.

I would definitely return and will definitely be recommending QT to my friends and interstate family
    • QT King Room

Oh my goodness the Reception staff were fabulous at check in and check out. The room was gorgeous and the bed and pilloes were out of this world. I had the best night's sleep. The range of non stop in house movies were exceptional. No restrictions at all with specific viewing times and they offered a wide range of movie genres. Thank you QT. I will be back.

Ability to walk to shops and restaurants/cafes.
    • QT Twin Room

Cobwebs behind curtains. Drainage in bathroom basin and shower poor.

Ability to walk to shops and restaurants/cafes. Mattress good but not pillows.

Great for a relaxing weekend..
    • QT King Room

What I though was a bit cheeky, is that you had to pay for a barista coffee rather than maybe include it in the breakfast price (at least one pp). The restaurant waitress should have known her menu better as we prefer share plates for dinner with the family.

Loved the interior of the hotel from lobby through to the restaurant/bar. The rooms were cosy, and we got upgraded to a King suite...Fantastic room. Mini bar different to many hotels with the games and fun gifts if you haven't had time to go shopping. Restaurant food was great and bar guys knew their stuff... A relaxed atmosphere in the dining area and great breakfast buffet.

I’m definitely coming back to this place. Next time I’ll stay for a couple of nights.
    • QT King Room

The only minor issue I had was that there wasn’t enough parking and I had to park on the street.

The rooms are modern, a little quirky. Pillows are what dreams are made of.

Warm, cosy, comfortable and friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
    • QT King Room

There were a few continual issues with the Swipe cards for the Lifts and it did take a few attempts to get things moving. Other guests had the same issue but the Staff were always quick to assist. My only real dislike was breakfast. Having said that, what was on offer was quite plentiful and looked delicious but for someone who doesn't like eggs, muesli and fruits etc, I just felt there was a lack of choice in the Hot selection. Rosti, Sausages and Bacon were all delicious but I missed not having an option such as Baked Beans, Grilled Tomato or some sort of Green option such as Avocado or Spinach. There were no Gluten Free options which for me is a big concern so it meant taking appropriate medication and having to put up with stomach difficulties later in the day. There was a fabulous choice of pastries and macaroons which looked delicious but it would've been nice to have had some Gluten Free options such as a Muffin or Banana Bread for example. Staff were very quick to refill coffee and clear tables to keep things ticking over. The lack of breakfast options for me personally wouldn't stop me from staying at QT in the future however I would plan to have breakfast at a nearby Cafe' which I located whilst there. As I met with local friends for dinner outside the hotel I cannot comment on the Restaurant.

The room was bright, had a great view and it was nice to be able to open a window for some fresh air or even the door to step out onto the balcony. The in-room Air-conditioning system was easy to use and quick to warm the room up when needed. The bed was SO comfortable, it was awesome! TV was great and the selection of Movies (which were Free) was fantastic. The shower was wonderful too and the room had all the basics that I needed such as an Iron, Hairdryer, basic Toiletries, even a Robe and an Umbrella! The Luggage storage facility was a godsend as it meant I didn't have to drag my luggage along to the Conference but could swing by after and collect it on the way to the airport. Staff overall were very friendly and more than happy to assist particularly when the Taxi I booked didn't bother to turn up and I had to get to my conference. They quickly arranged for another taxi. Paid parking was available either underneath or behind the hotel or in nearby parking areas. The location is great if you want to walk to nearby central shopping areas and it was only a brisk 10 min walk to the nearest pharmacy which I needed at the last minute. The hotel is also in an excellent location if you have time and want to go for a leisurely stroll (or a run) around Lake Burley Griffin. There is an overpass behind the hotel that leads across to the Lake (see attached photo) so it's really close and a trendy cafe' near the base of the overpass for a great coffee.

Won’t be back
    • QT Superior King Room

Cold staff . Could not find anyone at the bar for an afternoon drink . Bar area more like an airport lounge , not warm or intimate Aircon not great in room and Duvet smelled like Someone else sweat , not fresh .

The breakfast and the capitol grill restaurant , food was good

Great location, nice rooms, helpfull staff, funky dining area, great food.
    • QT Superior King Room

The parking underground is quite tight and spaces limited. The shower was hopeless, no pressure.

The view from the 12th floor was great, the breakfast was fantastic and the room very comfortable. The location is great and very convienient to walk into the city centre or dirve anywhere.

Great place to stay if you're not eating there.
    • QT Superior King Room

Kind of weird food on the room service menu. For a vegetarian, the food wasn't great. No vege options on the menu. They seemed a little stumped at the idea of someone asking for vegetarian food, like it had never happened before. Frankly, pretty ordinary fare at breakfast.

Great vibe in the place. Nice room. Good location.

More style than substance.
    • QT King Room

More style than substance. Bathroom had strong smell of mould and dirty light/lamps in bathroom full of dead bugs. Room not properly serviced, cold room service meal with missing elements in dish, discrepancies between room service menu and what they actually had.

Bed was comfy, good location. Staff handled complaints well.

Great. Except for the lack of temperature control in the room.
    • QT King Room

I wasn’t able to control the air conditioning/ heating. I put it to minimum but it was still too hot. I had to turn it off.

Having complimentary movies is great!

Very nice and would stay again.
    • QT King Room

Only downfall was, as it was my daughters wedding day, we wanted to have a mocktail at the bar before leaving for the service and couldn’t as it was before 5. I might have thought an exception could have been made with us all dressed in our wedding clothes and only wanting non alcoholic drinks. It was 3pm in the afternoon.

All staff were wonderful.

Disappointing, won't stay there again. Not good for older people.

The rooms weren't ready several hours after check in, we were so tired, we just wanted to rest after sight seeing and we couldn't. Then they gave us the wrong keys and we couldn't get into the rooms. There was no parking available even though we rang a week before to check there would be because we were driving from interstate, they offered to charge us for valet instead, finally they gave us a spot but not happy about how much we had to argue to get basic things.

The uniquness of the property was fantatsic very modern and...
    • QT Twin Room

The fact that the car park at the motel was not available and was full. And when requested a twin room the beds were put together instead of apart.

The uniquness of the property was fantatsic very modern and inviting

Loved it! very happy!
    • QT Superior King Room

The Bathrooms in the rooms could have been bigger, like Sydney QT. You're paying basically the same price but half the bathroom, but still everything you need is available its just not as luxurious.

The Lobby and the décor was 11/10!! Great staff and good views!

Enjoyed our stay at QT
    • QT King Room

Food & drink was quite expensive. We would have liked another option for breakfast apart from full buffet.

Location was good. Parking was quite easy. Facilities were good

Would not stay there again.
    • QT Superior King Room

The rooms are very small and so was the bathroom!! Our air con unit was old and made so much noise we had to turn it off. The music in the bar and dining area was too loud so conversations are difficult.

The bar and the dining area are very appealing.

When I checked out the lady who served me told me i didnt...
    • QT King Room

When I checked out the lady who served me told me i didnt pay when I paid cash on check in and also didnt say bye or no thankyou nothing. Very rude

Good location for seeing Canberra's major attractions
    • QT Superior King Room

The cost of meals here cost more than the accommodation. Very expensive. The room was too cluttered with mini bar and bonus items for sale, no room to swing a cat. The bathroom was a 'fail' in design, shower dangerously slippery with a step and no where to put any toiletry bags, sitting on the loo just fitted! The breakfast choices were not your average 5 star hotel choices, bit weird.

Our dinners in the restaurant.

We would stay there again but would not consider or recommend eating there.
    • QT King Room

The food and staff and menu at the restaurant. Food was served cold, even after asking for it to be heated. The food was expensive for what it was and the servings were minimal.

The room was good.

Great! Nice big bed, hotel is fancy, nice drinks, staff could be improved.
    • QT Superior King Room

The air conditioning in the room, ancient and wasn't working correctly.

The bathroom smelt. It did not have a fan so your 'bad smells' would remain in the bathroom. The staff lied to us when we checked in saying that the car park was fully booked. However the other staff member said we could go and double check if there was any parking left, we went downstairs and found the car park to be almost empty.

It was a nice hotel but a little over rated.
    • QT King Room

There was only 3 coffee pods for 2 people and the teabag in the drawer was not even in a packet. The bed was very soft but well worn, we were both sore the next day, may have possibly been two singles put together. We did ask the concierge for another coffee pod and that must have been the $1.01 charge on our credit card. If a person did not want to pay $30 for a turkey sandwich it was a drive into the CBD, the surrounding shops that sold food were so far away from reality with their menu it wasn't funny. It was close to the CBD, but not close enough.

Having coffee pods was a bonus and free movies. The shower was spacious. The entire hotel was tidy and classy. The view was great.

Staff were very cold.
    • QT Twin Room

Complimentary water did not taste like spring water... Didn't like how the twin beds had to be adjusted ourselves - they are all pushed together as one big bed in all rooms and they to be separated, only 1 bedside table for two of us.

The bed was very soft. Room decor funky.

It was a quick trip and we were at a wedding most of the...
    • QT King Room

There was no instant coffee or black tea or milk in the room for a cuppa! Nespresso machine - which would be ok if you drank black coffee, there was a Milk frother but no milk. Only tea bags provided were green tea and a herbal tea. Would have loved a coffee when we arrived back at night and a cup of tea in the morning. Not sure if housekeeping forgot to stock or if it is normal. Bar fridge was a little noisy overnight, but they often are.

It was a quick trip and we were at a wedding most of the time - had a lovely drink in the outdoor area between the service and reception. Have stayed before and restaurant and bar area are well worth visiting, lovely motel with great atmosphere. Close to city, easy walk, also easy walk to floriade and lake burley griffin.

clean, modern, large room .
    • QT Twin Room

The bar fridge was not working so could not enjoy a cold drink on arrival. had to order from Room Service. also the bedding was too warm so a night spent either too hot or too cold.

clean, modern, large room .. very nice

Stylish, arty hotel in good location, comfortable room and bed. Great views
    • QT Junior Suite

At check in the reception desk was unattended as staff were working out back. It took some time before I was attended. I wandered around and went to approach Ex-president Obama thinking he was the consierge...Good thing I have a sense of humour. As our card didn’t work for garage or room locks I had to go back to reception and wait again for service. Whilst my family waited in the hallway with our luggage. There was no buzzer or bell 🛎 to notify staff. In end another customer went to the restaurant to try get staffs attention. Would be nice if shower had a screen to close across to keep warm and stop water overflow splashing on floor.

Location was very good as had great views of lake, mountains, TV tower and architecture. Decor was arty, quirky and stylish. Breakfast was enjoyable and presented very well. They also had chef handy to whip up short orders like pancakes or omelettes etc Excellent that they had a separate lift for cleaners trolleys, luggage etc Would have been good to have some separate plain yogurt as not everyone can eat nuts or museli. The hash browns and macaroons were a stand out. We had booked the Junior Suite as we had a 9 year old child with us. He got his on room off ours with his own ensuite bathroom, windows with view and TV.

Easter break with friends
    • QT King Room

No complimentary water in room No complimentary snack with coffee in room No English breakfast tea only Sencha & Chamomile A fair amount of mould in the shower recess-passed on to reception

Convenient location Pleasant atmosphere in foyer Great steak deserve the award Delicious breakfast Helpful staff

Quirky place amazing bed
    • QT King Room

Overall not much, they didn't have any parking left so we had to park outside around the corner at night. I would have expected a lot of people would need to drive so best to book ahead if you can

Great experience - trendy and quirky with an amazing bed!!

Would recommend and stay again (this was our second visit).
    • QT King Room

Very difficult to have a vegan breakfast at the buffet. Not usually so difficult as hotels usually have a selection of vege, non-dairy hot foods - mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans etc. I had potato rosti and mushrooms. Fruit consisted of cut up watermelon and whole fruits - no non-dairy yoghurt. Some simple inexpensive additions/changes would help them cater to a wider variety of dietary requirements. The bottles of water in the room are NOT complimentary even though they are located away from the min-bar and not listed on the minibar price list. Very frustrating to find this out when checking out!

Comfortable, clean room - comfy and modern decor. Big, comfortable bed. Reception area very nice. Breakfast places nearby, Canberra City Centre 15 minutes walk away, bars and restaurants 10 minutes away.

Nice rooms and great food.
    • QT King Room

Awesome food. Plenty to choose from for breaky and great quality food. Had room service for dinner on the Saturday night and it was the best room service food I’ve ever had. Recommend highly!

Great staff and beds!
    • QT King Room

the staff were great, and the beds were comfy. The locations seems good too. The hotel was abuzz with people which was nice for a Wednesday night in Canberra.

Fun and quirky - will definitely stay at Qt again.
    • QT King Room

Cocktails very disappointing - very expensive, very average, no flare, items mentioned not included ie grilled banana, glasses half full and bar staff Sunday night was flat. Room service very disappointing - cold full coffee cup not emptied or washed, empty coke bottle and newspapers near bin not thrown away, wet towel on chair not removed, etc Mobile phone socket in room didn’t work.

The interior and feel is very hip, cool, groovy. Location great. The welcome text fun and quirky. Bike hire fantastic. Restaurant food and service divine. Meat platter/slicing yum. Bathroom products great.

Good location, but overpriced & in need of refurbishment. Very small, dated room
    • QT King Room

Small, dated room, bathroom tiny with flaking paint & water running out of shower. Old building in need of a refurbishment trying to pass as new & modern with some superficial band-aids. Very overpriced & overrated. Room was 3.5 stars at best.

Comfy beds

Comfortable and convenient, but slightly overpriced.
    • QT King Room

Depends what you're looking for, business or with friends, this place is good. Couples, maybe not, this place is not at the same level as the Ovolo for instance. Its very much the Holiday Inn of boutique hotels. The Gold Coast QT we found was better. We paid for an upgrade which meant we had a balcony, however we were facing the motorway on the back of the building. Had I known I wouldn't of bothered paying for the upgrade. The balcony is only a metre or so wide, so it's only for standing.

Bed was comfy, the staff were very good and the room was ok. The location was very good too.

• QT King Room

Bedside lighting was too dim to read by.

Great location - comfort, cleanliness and super helpful and friendly front- desk staff. In my opinion, it's the front desk staff that set the tone for the hotel property. We got both a warm reception and a pleasant farewell. We will definitely recommend.

Excellent short stay accommodation with great location whilst visiting Canberra

No bad points

The QT is central to my planned activities, the Enlighten Festival (walking distance) and still allowed me to access the CBD. I've stayed here before and because of the quality of accommodation, eateries available on the complex it is my go to for accommodation in Canberra.

Very relaxing
    • QT King Room

Room service took 1hour to arrive but I ordered early just in case as this is a common problem in hotels,the meal when it arrived was lovely .

Customer service was fabulous Room comfortable The room was quiet and clean

Really good value for money, elegant and comfortable
    • QT Twin Room

A bit of a wait for dinner, with a half full restaurant. Not good fir hungry travelers

The bed was super super comfy, the room is super roomy and quiet and the restaurant downstairs is voted the best in ACT. What more would you want! 👍

Very expensive but comfortable stay.
    • QT King Room

Room was very small especially as we paid to upgrade . Bathroom floor marked and dirty. A large function was on downstairs on Saturday night and it took up all of the parking at hotel which we'd paid extra for. Hotel lobby actually felt unsafe and only one very young girl was on reception.

The bed was wonderful! Also breakfast delicious but very expensive if not included in the room rate. Fantastic mini bar.

We will be back
    • QT King Room

On a minor point the aircon in the room was not working correctly and the TV screen failed to work on the last morning even though we had sound on all channels - having said this we would definnitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

This was a fabulous sty - it was part of my husbands 65th birthday trip and exceeded all expectations. The room was fabulous and the restaurant was excellent - all staff were very atentive.