Reviews of Rydges Parramatta 4.5 stars

116-118 James Ruse Drive, Rosehill, Parramatta, 2412 Sydney, Australia

#89 of 306 hotels in Sydney

• Superior Queen Room

Tried to charge me $185 for the night when I went through bookins .com. for $107.

Great location, racecourse across the road. Bar down stairs has great vibe.

Not a lot to not like here. I looked, but could not find.

Very much hard to fault in any and every aspect, including the food (great gf pizza via room service).

• Superior Queen Room

The heating system was noisy and kept us awake, we found it easier to sleep when we opened the window slightly Eating at the hotel was confusing and we asked at reception and staff couldn't advise where we could get a pizza . We walked to the end of the street lots of good resturants and food choices.

The bed was very comfy and the room was warm and clean, it had all the things you would expect in a hotel room.

• Superior Queen Room

Disappointed that we had to pay a fee $50 fee to get into our room early, when clearly they were clean and ready to go. Other friends who stayed and got into their rooms early without having to pay a fee.

• Superior Queen Room

Staff at front desk were rude and didn't explains things correctly. Also asking them questions and they answered. Then went against what they told me which I found frustrating.

Location and room was nice.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Someone was smoking near our room, it was noisy with people next to us, only single beds available, the bathroom was very dirty hair on floor when we arrived, black stains on the towels and black marks in the shower vanity.

The location was great

• Superior Queen Room

Pillows too hard. You are asked to put the "green" sign on your door (not wanting clean towels) and receive a $10 food voucher. We did not receive the $10 food voucher. Only 2 bath towels and 1 bath mat, no washer or hand-towels. Only option to eat on Saturday race day is the Steeds restaurant, which is expensive. Why close the buffet during colder months?? The breakfast was $58 for 2 which was not worth it, the Priority Guest Membership did not give you the 20% discount which is ridiculous and we did not receive the "green" $10 voucher either. And as far as "genius" rewards there were NIL

• Superior Queen Room

The bed was small and uncomfortable. We had a room right next to the lift so it was very noisy and clunky and didn’t stop all night. The light in the wardrobe wouldn’t turn off so that stayed on all night which was also annoying

Location is perfect and the room was very clean and modern and had everything you need

Some traffic noise .

Amazing bed, best rest.very spacious clean room. Great windows allow lots of daylight and lighting at night in the room was great.

• Superior Queen Room

cannot think of anything at the moment

Doing business this was a central location for us. The room was very pleasant. Bed very comfortable. We were offered a room close to hotel conveniences or quiet, we selected quiet and quiet it was. Perfect nights rest. The breakfast was more than adequate for us. Huge variety of things to suit all palates. The egg chef was a delight to chat to while waiting for the perfect omelette. Plenty of car parking. We are very satisfied customers and would certainly consider staying on a return Sydney trip for business.

• Superior Queen Room

The water pressure in the showers was simply atrocious, it wasn't even hard enough to wash away the soap suds on the floor, which made it VERY slippery and dangerous. When I raised my concerns with the front desk, I was told all rooms are like that. I specifically stayed there vs Waldorf because of the gym and to be able to use the Concept 2 rower. The rowing machine was broken and I told the front desk it needed fixing. I was there for 7 nights and the machine was NOT fixed, so a complete waste of my time. I will NOT be staying there again.

No hand towels, only one face washer, skirting opposite bed has not been dusted for quite some time, bottom sheet didn't fit on bed properly and kept crunching up

• Superior Queen Room

The facilties need more attention. We requested toilet roll never got any. No towel for pool and told to go to pool someone bring towels.30min later waiting in pool until towels arrived

• Superior Queen Room

The chair near desk was the only thing I did not like as the back had no support.

View from my window of Rosehill Racecource. My old High School is in Prospect Street, so I remember back to when there were no motels in Prospect Street and the Rosehill Race track was not as grand as it is today. Rydges is central to Parramatta, short drive to Granville and famous chicken shop, or Parramatta Road into Sydney. Shops are close with a car.

• Superior Queen Room

The lack of a complimentary biscuit to have with your tea, cheap toilet paper, overpriced snacks with the mini bar.

The city lights view of a night and the proximity to railway station

Rooms weren't ready for checkin at 2pm. Told by staff they would phone me when room was ready, didn't get a call. Card access to underground carpark wasn't working. Very poor check-in service this time.

Lovely clean rooms. Great beds.

• Superior Queen Room

I would have liked more choice with regards to breakfast. I ended up not having breakfast because all I wanted was some fruit and yogurt and I was not going to pay $29 for that. $29 is too much for breakfast, whatever size. I thought the $29 chicken dinner a bit ho hum as well.

• Superior Queen Room

Room was air conditioned and cool when we arrived and we were able to relax straight away. Bathroom was very clean which is often hard to find in hotels

• Superior Queen Room

I paid $299 for a room for the night. The room I was given was a disabled room, so there was no vanity bench in the bathroom or bath or shower screen- just a curtain across the bathroom to create a shower. There was however a pull down bench seat in the shower! At just after 7.00am, I could hear music and banging, which I assumed to be in an adjacent room. After showering, I was standing in my room with a towel wrapt around myself and in walks housekeeping staff!! No knock on the door, no calling out that it was housekeeping- nothing. And no apology from them. When I open the door to leave 20 minutes later, I almost step into the face of a tradesman working outside my room... with drop sheets all over the floor up to my door and his tradie radio banging out the tunes. That was the source of the banging and the music.

Dirty, dusty and old chips on floor in the webs and dust they never replenished toilet paper or clean hand towel or face washer. Didn't replenish any of the items we used at all. Asked for toilet paper to be put in room in morning and 2am i had to go down to the desk cause they didnt bother. The money i paid was not worth it. Fridge not cold told them nothing done.

The area and bed was comfortable.

Was a windy day and wind wailed through windows all night due to a poor seal. The rain also came in through closed windows. Carpets in hallways needed vacuuming.

Bed was comfy, bathroom was nice. Aircon worked very well, great decor in room. Overall nice rooms. Convenient being able to book travel arrangements for concert we attended directly from reception. Close walk to restaurants and shopping etc. easy parking.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Good variety at breakfast but had been sitting for a while. No coffee mugs. Room in 2nd floor was a little noisy from road noise.

Room fresh and modern. Bathroom stylish and clean.

• Superior Queen Room

The lady in reception was rude on check out. A few things in the room such as info books, room service menu and the tray they sat on was quite dirty.

Good location. The staff were nice on arrival. Nice room

• Superior Queen Room

Restaurant staff in particular the food and beverage managers need improvement the floor teams great but the managers stuffed up both orders we had at the restaurant the wait team fixed it and covered.

Staff friendly easy to get around

• Superior Queen Room

Coffee not included in breakfast. Location is a bit off of everything except the racecourse. You definitely need a car to get around.

Comfortable and spacious rooms. Free parking. Train station and bus stop across the street.

• Superior Queen Room

I didn't like that the information provided when booking was confusing about the breakfast. The way it is worded brought me to assume the breakfast was included in the final price of the room. The price of $29,50 for one breakfast it is fas too expensive for what you get and also had to pay for the coffee on top of that.

The foldable bed i had to sleep on was really uncomfortable.

• Superior Queen Room

Thought I had free breakfast included although we did get a voucher for a discount. Restaurant staff were nice although could practice communication skills.

The room, soft bed, cleanliness, free car park, free wifi

• Superior Queen Room

Our door didnt close properly the toilet seat was broken ...the staff was quite rude ...and when i booked it said breakfast included and thats why i booked but when we went for breakfast was told it wasnt included and got slugged another 120 on top of the 880 i payed ...

Good pool area

• Superior Queen Room

The massive wall near the bed had coke or something splashed all up it and it hadn’t been cleaned. Could only open one window Glass clear shower wall was flush to door when you walked in. Almost knocked myself out a few times

Fantastic location.

• Superior Queen Room

Everything was good except for when we started to get into the bed. There were issues with the linen & bed, however everything was corrected without an issue by housekeeping. The actual bed was not in a good state & really should be replaced.

We have stayed at Rydges Parramatta before as we find the location, parking & staff good to deal with. On this occasion we booked 2 rooms & requested they be on the same floor as our grand daughter & boyfriend were travelling with us. Our request was achieved.

• Superior Queen Room

We got charged on checkout for 2 bottles of water that were sitting on our bed side table. we thought they were complimentary, you’d think they would be free with a big business like The Rydes so that was annoying that we got charged for water

Comfortable bed, quiet, very clean and classy room

Room was dirty - bathroom had hair and assuming makeup still around sinks and benches. Pillows had hairs on them, the bed was supposed to be a king but was just 2 singles pushed together and you could feel it. The rooms were noisy, you could hear other rooms TVs and showers. Not good!!!

Breakfast was great. Plenty to choose from.

Desk staff pretty blasé, didn’t explain anything. Room 221 if you get this, run, crap bed and all you hear is the lifts all night. Buffet breakfast ok, but for what they change you would expect more.( Tip: don’t put out hot glasses for juice)

Good location, clean

• Superior Queen Room

Not a particularly cheap hotel , I stayed for 3 nights never once did "room service" replenish coffee or toiletries in the room ( I got more coffee via reception and used my own toiletries ! )the only way you knew they had been in was the fact they moved the pillows on the bed ! This hotel boasts it has 2 restaurants , one a fine dining experience "STEEDS"...unfortunately it doesn't open on a Sunday ? The other is a bistro type of place , I went to have lunch there on the Saturday before attending a sporting event but walked out after standing waiting for 10 minutes and seeing nobody except a gentleman having a cup of coffee. However I did dine there on the Sunday evening(as Steeds was closed), food was rather pricey and only luke warm on arrival at the table ...I was the only person dining.

Well presented public areas and bedroom. Very helpful reception staff.

• Superior Queen Room

I'd heard the beds were good. They far exceeded my expectation! I don't sleep well the first night I stay somewhere new. That was not the case here. I had a wonderful night's sleep!

• Superior Queen Room

Asked for late check out, had 2 knocks on the door before we left, 1 who opened the door herself before I could get there only wanted to check mini bar. 2nd to clean the room. Went down to the bar, $12 for a pre mix can, great profit margin there....

Good location.

• Superior Queen Room

Doona between 2 sheets I always dislike as although the sheets are washed each customer, the doonas are not. Mine had a stain on it. We all know how the sheets move away from the sheets & always leaves me thinking about the potentially sweaty guy who stayed on this the night before me.

Location to race track. Restaurant was excellent. Breakfast.

• Superior Queen Room

We normally eat in the dinning room, but it was Sunday and they weren't open We had dinner in the breakfast area & told the food was good so we decided to eat in rather than go out, but the food was average steak was hard & my salmon was very ordinary Service was good

Bed was good Breakfast was good as usual but no pancakes ??

• Superior Queen Room

Bathroom smelt of stale water poor ventilation. Shower screen is located too close to the door and is an issue if you get up in the night found myself banging into it twice. Package I was unsold was awful. Bus trip and a meal at the sports bar. Nasty little bar that's actually outside the hotel and houses pokies inside and if you want to sit out of the racket you're pushed outside in the traffic noise. The menu options were 4 items I couldn't eat as I'm vegetarian and what did arrive was poorly cooked.

Ideal for concerts at Qudos arena as they run a shuttle bus. Large well appointed rooms

• Superior Queen Room

There were issued with our T.V. late at night. Waited ages for someone to come and then they said they would come back. We waited and waited. By this time it was past 1am. We hung the do not disturb sign to try and get some sleep. At 4.30 the fire alarm went off and didn't stop for 15-20min. (It was also going off when we returned to the motel at middnight) Absolutely deafening. Finally it stopped. We went back to sleep and the half an hour later it went off again. Obviously some issues to be sorted there. Definetly not a restful night. Reception said "sorry. Made the 4.5 hour drive home seem very long..

The bed was comfortable

• Superior Queen Room

The smoke alarm went off late at night and into the early hours of the morning. This occurred three times and at no time did any staff give us instructions. We didn't know if there was a fire or false alarm. All guests were looking out their doors not knowing what to do. (Voice over message aid to wait for further instructions). If it was really on fire we would have burnt to death!)

The room was well set out and was clean and fresh

• Superior Queen Room

Maybe the cuppacinos could have been free ?

Rydges out did any expectations I had when I booked. It is perfect for those going to see a show at Qudos and Olympic Park. They had a deal for a shuttle bus, dinner and a drink which was great value and really well organised.

• Superior Queen Room

The air conditioning in my room wasn’t working. They offered me a different room but as it was only 1 more night I didn’t bother.

The staff were helpful and friendly. Carole was particularly excellent. She made my stay!

• Superior Queen Room

The desk lamp didnt work and phone had a dial tone but we couldn't call down to reception. We informed reception of these faults as we were checking out. The tv seemed to be missing quiet a few normal digital tv channels.

The room was clean, the air conditioning worked amazingly and the bed was super comfortable. The proximity to public transport and having free parking at the hotel was also really convenient for my stay.

• Superior Queen Room

Room wasn’t vacuumed during our stay Slow service when requesting ice, this was on one occasion, other requests met very promptly.

Staff were very friendly

• Superior Queen Room

Would recommend to any body

the mezz level was excellent.pool spa small gym machines only and sauna Room and view were awesome everything you would expect.

• Superior Queen Room

Just avoid the breakfast, staff unfriendly and rude, food tepid at best, definitely not hot and the coffee is undrinkable - stick with the instant in your room!

Everything was OK except for the breatfast room atmosphere and staff

• Superior Queen Room

- staff almost taxed me twice for the breakfast;

- very good breakfast; - good WiFi connection; - large parking lot; - good dining options; - very clean; - has option to reduce 10 AUD per day from spendings if clean service is not wanted / needed for that day;

• Superior Queen Room

It was a challenge to get to the property - the sign was hard to see from James Ruse Dr. causing us to miss the turn. The counter staff did not recommend the restaurant area in Harris Park even when asked, instead recommending Parramatta, however when we walked to Harris Park found a thriving and lively area full of Indian and other restaurants, some cafes etc.

Room was modern, well appointed and comfortable with a nice view over towards the city.

I have stayed at other Rydges too, in other places like Gold Coast, Melbourne, etc but this one at Parramatta was my least favourite. The bedding was so uncomfortable. Bed sheets and comforters were of poor quality. There was no view from the room. Lighting in the room wasn’t proper. Regret my choice of hotel this time.

Nothing amused me, to be honest.

• Superior Queen Room

Breakfast facilities needs improvement. First two days the room was cleaned properly the next 6 days it was a nightmare.

Free parking and the location was fabulous

• Deluxe Twin Room

We booked the early check in for an extra $50. I double checked the confirmation through the hotel email, booking com and telephone to make sure this was available. We were informed our room was not ready and unavailable. Disappointing, but money refunded.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Superior Queen Room

We have no real complaints, just thought the mini bar items were quite expensive. As we were staying for 2 weeks we bought our own supplies!

My husband and I stayed at the Rydges for 2 weeks. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and caring, even took account of the length of stay and reduced our room rate, which was appreciated. The room service was excellent and rooms cleaned and items replaced each day. The Stock cafe served an excellent buffet breakfast and you had your own choice of food with the onsite chef cooking your eggs fresh in front of you! We enjoyed our evening meals in The Steeds Restaurant. The hotel has been recently renovated from the large plush foyer, bars, cafe and restaurant and rooms. We were In a superior queen room on the 6th floor, which was extremely comfortable and very roomy with large modern ensuite. The air conditioning was very effective which was great on a 40 deg Sydney day! We would have loved the penthouse executive suite but it was booked out! Shame there is only one! The hotel also offers free parking which was advantageous for us and free wi-fi. Highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Superior Queen Room

Tea/Coffee provisions were minimal - only two milk sachets? Had to contact reception twice to have this attended to. A very small issue but one that did not need to be raised if simple procedures or checking was in place

Location is very central to my business needs

• Superior Queen Room

The hotel elevators are so bad. We feel like they will spoil and fall down anytime. The staff's behavior is totally not good. They even quarrel with guests like us for the wrong thing. We were wrongly extra charged but the hotel did not refund to us. I already made full payment to Booking.com but when we arrive, the female staff still confirm that we have not paid, even though I show her the receipt and confirmation of Booking.com. She was arguing with me. I really feel disappointment, cause I think Rydges is 4 star hotel, they must have standard of customer service. They have to check carefully before speaking to customers. Moreover, after 2hrs check, they called me and confirm our balance is 0 AUD. However, 5 days after that (we stay there for 6 nights), they sent letter to our room saying that they realize we haven't paid and we have to make payment no later than 12pm on that day! I was really angry and coming down to meet receptionist. There was a nice guy helping me to double check and confirmed (again) that all good, we already paid fully. That was wasting my time and down my mood about this Rydges Hotel. I haven't experienced any 4 star hotel like this before. Additionally, when we checked out, they gave us a wrong receipt of mini bar. I have to ask them to double again, and they find out it was really wrong and deduct the amount of money. Actually, that is just a small amount 28 AUD, but it shows the unprofessional way of serving customers and system. Hope Rydges Hotel would improve as fast as possible. Our family will not come back to this Parramatta Rydges Hotel again.

Bathroom is always clean and spacious. The room has nice view.

• Superior Queen Room

We wanted transport to Quedos Bank Arena during our stay, I phoned ahead of our stay to enquire if this service was available, reception staff were so helpful. Arranged a shuttle bus, phoned back to confirm, could not have asked for better service.

• Superior Queen Room

Queen bed felt like a double, and was a little sifter than i like. Room service food was average, at best, and real pricey- best to avoid

TV, spacious, separate lounge area, well appointed modern bathroom

• Superior Queen Room

This accommodation was ideal for a function I was attending at the Rosehill Race Course, I only had to walk over the road. The pool and spa was inviting after a big day. For breakfast we had a bacon and egg roll with coffee, it was perfect! The staff were wonderful.

• Superior Queen Room

Only reason I wouldn't suggest it as a romantic place is because a romantic place for me is not on the highway. But it was great stay and served its purpose for us and was close to race course

Single ply toilet paper for a 4 star motel is not nice. The food that we had with the entertainment pack was not very nice looked like it had been frozen and reheated I couldn’t eat it as I am 8 month pregnant and didn’t trust it was cooked properly.

The bed was super comfortable and room was nice. Location was easy to find and access.

• Superior Queen Room

The price.. we have been staying there every year for the races and now i wont be due to being charged an early check in fee when the room was clearly ready. Not at all happy. It is really expensive for 1 night races are om lets bump pricea up. Not happy.

• Superior Queen Room

We were put in a room with disability bathroom (room 120) which was not a requirement. This mean't no vanity which is difficult when getting dressed and ready for a major function. Could we have some feedback on this issue.

Position of hotel to facilities

• Superior Queen Room

No water available in the gym. Glass shower wall, just as you enter the bathroom, was hard to see. Needs stickers on it to make it noticeable.

Comfortable bed, room was nice and quiet even though there were several functions at the hotel.

• Superior Queen Room

Hygiene - discovered a cockroach in the room which seemed normal to the hotel. We were charged for breakfast that we did not have. Communication is poor. The rooms appear a bit dated. Needs a refurb.

We were a group staying at the hotel for a wedding. The best part was that it was in a close vicinity to the wedding venue.

• Superior Queen Room

Housekeeping staff need more experience and need to work on their hygiene (personal)

Staff at front desk were really friendly and helpful. It were 15 of us staying at your hotel for a wedding.

• Superior Queen Room

Cleanliness of room was disappointing as soap scum up shower wall and lipstick on mugs. Please a staff member knocked briefly and entered room at 8am! I said I was checking out around 9am!

Bar tender and staff in restaurant were very friendly and accommodating.

• Superior Queen Room

The standard lamp in the room was broken and a danger to those who tried to use it. The globe mount was not screwed onto the wires. There was no one available to fix it until after we booked out the next day.

• Superior Queen Room

Pillows terrible, dust on furniture. Terrible location of room, I guessed because we booked thru Booking.com. Spotlight shining on room window all night! Breakfast poor quality and choice. Staff attitude not up to scratch for the prices, especially the Sttef restaurant and reception.

location.

• Superior Queen Room

The room key played up a few times but the front desk were great ,

everything about my stay was great from the front desk to the restaurant,staff were all very friendly and helpful.The dream bed was amazing i felt like i was sleeping in a cloud.

Na

The hotel has had a major revamp, nice new comfy beds, bigscreen tvs and the best breakfast bar of any hotel i have stayed at - excellant . Free parking is a bonus

• Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel has slipped a bit since I last stayed. Staff are friendly and helpful, but some of the food was really poor. The buffet breakfast was good and you had a chef to cook eggs etc.... However, the general restaurant (not the more expensive one) was bad. We had a lunch and one of us ordered Pizza - it was clearly a frozen pizza and the salad we ordered was poor. On another occasion I ordered a meal with salad and the salad was just a handful of leaves taken from a bag of mixed leaves. Nothing added, NOT EVEN any dressing - just dry leaves. Supposed to be 4 star - make that 1-2. We never ate there after that.

The hotel is clean, the rooms are pretty good, plenty of free parking. The location is good if you want easy access to M4.

• Superior Queen Room

Communication was an issue and the rooms aren't child friendly no microwave made it very difficult while traveling with a 1 year old

The beds are very comfy and the size of the room was perfect

• Superior Queen Room

As you can see from our review everything was great. Could not recommend Rydges , Parramatta highly enough.

The friendly staff, helpful and courteous. The view over the racecourse and toward the city GREAT. The room was comfortable, neat tidy large bathroom with every thing available. Will seek out this group of hotels in future.

• Superior Queen Room

The key of the hotel. We got locked out for An hour after coming from a party, wasn't cool even though they gave us another room to sleep in. It wasn't comfortable sleeping with a party dress and all the make up on. Was abit disappointed at that part but overall I really liked the hotel.

The bed and the room was very nice, nice and friendly staff

• Superior Queen Room

Breakfast wasn't included yet when I saw the listing on your website it had breakfast included and that's why I chose to stay there. Clearly when I pressed that special I was taken to the page to pick the room and obviously not all included breakfast so we were a bit frustrated by that when we checked out and had to pay $90 extra!

The winning post bar downstairs

Browse Rydges Parramatta traveller photo gallery